World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 33 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel Reserve Soldiers killed
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:11 pm by Admin

» Open letter Jewish COLLEGE STUDENTS
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 9:42 pm by Admin

» Historic Milestone Saudi Arabia-Israel stability
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 9:08 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 5:36 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 5:19 pm by Admin

» PRO TRUTH of Israel what Pro PA want
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 4:59 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 4:19 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:56 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:05 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 10:59 pm by Admin

» iNSPIRATIONAL DEVOTION Israel
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 10:38 pm by Admin

» THE FREE PRESS
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 5:52 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:40 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:37 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:24 pm by Admin

» Jewish History~ WHO DOES IT BELONG TO
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:22 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 Empty Re: Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES

Post  Admin Mon 15 Mar 2010, 9:03 pm

Greetings dear friends in the name of the Holy One.

Thank you for your ongoing prayers.

we are preparing for our journey to the Middle East and again seek your prayers.

Attached is a previous prayer agenda which we gave many of you. It is still current. Use it as a guide in your prayers for us.

Also Hristo and Pavlina leave on their journey back Tues Mar 16.

1. Pray for their safety

2. pray for new contacts to materialize.

3. May the Lord continue to give all of us good health as we work in the Kingdom

4. As we celebrate Easter with the people we pray that souls will be saved.

5. May the Lord continue to keep our vehicles in good shape.

We will leave also on 27 March ; Pray for our safe journey

Brother Larry and his family will join us mid April. Pray for their safe journey . .

May the Lord open new doors of opportunity for the Gospel and Kingdom growth

Thank you my friends for all of your prayers. We will update you as we progress from home to home.

your brother.

eddie brooks

PRAYER AGENDA

2/5/10

ISTANBUL

PRAY FOR SALVATION OF:

SEDA AND DENIZ

SAHADET AND BEDRIYE

MELIH,CIHAN, KAAN AND WIFE

KAMIL,OZGUL AND CHILDREN

GULCAN,ALI AND DUYGU

GEN EZGU AND FAMILY

ANKARA:

PRAY FOR MINISTRIES OF KEN AND NORITA, SAFAK, HISAN, ZEKAI, WILSON, BRISTOW

PRAY FOR BELIEVERS IN MALATAYA WHOSE BROTHER WORKERS WERE EXECUTED IN 2007

KINIK: PRAY FOR SALVATION

YILDIRAY AND FAMILY TO INCLUDE HIS FATHER(ALI)

VATAN, SERKAN, SERDAR, RECEP AND WIVES

LALE, RIFAT

ROADSIDE GYPSIES, ISMAEL

PRAY FOR BELIEVERS(PRAYED SINNERS PRAYER)

HALIL,ALTIN, GULIZAR,IPEK

FAHRI, FADIME, FERIDE

BERGAMA:

PRAY FOR SALVATION OF

ZEKI, ABIDEN, MUSTAFA, ALI, ODENC,
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 Empty Re: Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES

Post  Admin Fri 27 Nov 2009, 9:26 am

Dear Brothers and Sisters: again in Jesus name I thank you for your ongoing prayers for us.

It is close to my departure and what I want to do is itemize lessons learned while here . Hope this is not boring or too philosophical for you but we went through these things personally---not from the book but from personal contact with people .. on the ground and in the homes stuff.. please indulge me. lessons learned

1. one must go!!! . if no go who will go?? even when we don't feel like it. if you cannot go send someone

2. bless people.. I have yet found one person who would not let me bless them--- in Jesus name the blessing is done. they may not accept Jesus but they want the blessing

3..doing is better than talking.... a picture is worth a 1000 words.. we must watch this and be sure we give the WORD and not ourselves....as we did when serving communion and washing feet..

4. Follow the WORD and not traditions... use scripture which is the power of GOD....unto.... ......
many cannot read or write

5. give everyone an opportunity to say the sinners prayer.. they may be dead before we get back--this is from a

real life situation.you may save a life ..the General with whom I had been talking refuses to let me return because

I finally asked the soul searching questions....but he had the opportunity.

6. we cannot help pay peoples bills but we can help when there is a tragedy as in case of Bezgen who is now back working full time and helping his family..PRAISE GOD.

we praise GOD for yall being in our life. as we pray for you pray for us .. we can render no greater service

eddie and chita
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 22 Nov 2009, 1:27 pm

Dear friends we extend you our wishes for a great and happy Thanksgiving.

My the Lord bless you as you have blessed us and the people with your support.

Since our last communication we continue to have prayer meetings and visitations.

1. we met a man professes to know Jesus but still follows the customs of Islam. we are helping him to come out ıf the old ways and have a personal relation with our Lord Jesus . pray for him(Alim) and his family that they will be saved. also we are meeting with a restaurant manager who is willing to talk. The Lord brought an English speaking ex mayor into my life. He has invited us to his home when I return in April. pray for this opportunity to have positive results.

2. This is the time of year when the people sacrifice a lamb for remission of their sins. It is a big holiday. we have been able to use this to reemphasize that Jesus was the final kurban-- none ıother sacrifice is necessary--- as HE said on the cross IT IS FINISHED.

as a result we emphasized this by having the Lord s supper.. there were 10 people. during the process one person said the sinners prayer. all took communion followed by the washing of feet. It was awesome for me to wash the feet of these people- my brethren . It really humbled me . It is amazing how the Lord is increasing the harvest and opening doors . Hristo and Pavlina participated as well. .

We have learned we must follow the example --JESUS CHRIST

This is the first time for us to do this. who knows what the Lord is going to do for us since we are trying to be as obedient as we can possibly be. Thanks for your prayers which helps us through our struggles..

we continue with God s help and again thanks for your prayers

eddie and chita
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 11 Nov 2009, 12:05 am

Brothers and Sisters we greet you ın Jesus name

we have been in multıle prayer meetings and we praise God for two souls being saved --

-one a 90+ year old lady. Praise God. I nearly missed this opportunity but my wife reminded me we should give this lady an opportunity to pray. she was ready. prıobably in her entire life no one ever asked her to pray !!!!! awesome thought isnt it.?

--a young lady had been coming to visit when we went to Bezgen s home and again no one till now had asked her to pray. she prayed and accepted Jesus as Savior and Lord

My wife Chita says we should always ask some one to pray and the worst can happen is they say no. what a lesson we have learned.

we continue to visit the relatives of my friend Haluk who died --they show no resistance to our visits and talking about Jesus ..but no decisions for Jesus yet.

our friend Hristo is very sick with hernia and prostate problems . pray for his healing. He is going to a Benny Hinn meeting in Istanbul tonight

Bezgen is working like a new man --can now run,sit and kneel. can now work in the fields to make a living for his family

thank you for helping us pay for all of his surgeries. . his medical costs have now all been paid. thank you.

we continue in the Lord s work and thank you for continuing to pray for us.

we will write more later

eddie and chita
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 24 Oct 2009, 12:52 pm

ADDENDUM TO PREVIOUS PRAYER REQUEST FOR OUR JOURNEY‏
Brethren and sisters: this is a follow up to our previous letter re: our journey starting 30 Oct . We will be there during the month of Nov:

We are heavy laden about our journey with thoughts toward finding new people who will be receptive to listening to the GOSPEL. we want to see our old friends and new acquaintances have an encounter with the MASTER

As Chita and I were sharing with each other this week I was urged to be sensitive to what ever we feel the leading of the Lord is.

Dear ones we sincerely request your prayer during this journey ; especially that we will receive and be sensitive to the leading of the Lord Jesus as we carry the LIGHT OF JESUS. Not only that we be sensitive but that we will be obedient to the WORD of the Lord .

May God give us wisdom to know the difference between HIS word and the word of the evil one. so be it Lord Jesus.

This journey as all others is about HIM and not us.

We solicit your prayers which are greater than silver and gold.

We need your prayers dear ones.

The people we visit have never heard the Gospel Of Jesus Christ till we go to visit them

Thank you dear friends for your prayers . Be assured we are praying for you as well

eddie and chita brooks
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 27 Sep 2009, 4:04 pm

Dear Praying Friends:

I greet you in name of Jesus who has kept us in the country of Turkey about 17 years and does not give us permission to leave and cool it in Los Angeles.

As I wrote before Hristo and Pavlina are in Turkey ministering in various homes. Continue to pray for their work, continuation of good health and transportation to function satisfactorily so we can continue the Lord's work with minimum interference.

We re preparing for our departure to do the bidding of the Lord the end of Oct.

We solicit your prayers as shown below.

1. Our safe journey to and from Turkey.

2. We want to offer Haluk's kids the opportunity to continue visiting them with the option of being free to discuss Jesus. May the Lord guide our comments and open their hearts.

3. May the Lord open doors of more homes, villages and cities beyond what we are doing today. Only God can do that of which we are convinced.

4. We want to teach on the baptism of the Holy Ghost. May God open hearts of those who are already believers.

5. We want to give the first communion to our friends . May the Lord give us the words to adequately explain it in Turkish. My wife will assist me in this activity . Pray for her as well.

6. We want to offer water baptism to others who have prayed with us. They work most of the time so we must find appropriate time for us to do this . Pray God will help the people to be receptive and give of their time to do this
7. May God open doors of opportunity in homes near Bezgen whom we helped with surgery . We should be able expand our reach in this area because of your prayer and support for Bezgen.

As we pray for you pray for us. we can do no greater service

eddie and chita

PS There is a blog as shown below for info on Bergama and Menemen;

brooksinbergama.blogspot.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 26 Aug 2009, 9:08 pm

Dear praying friends. greetings in the name of Jehovah Rapha our Healer.

We rejoice in reporting to you that Bezgen's operation was most successful . It turned out to be a repair job but it was so good that Bezgen has been able to go back to the fields and work --making money for his family's food and care. PRAISE GOD.

The metal splints in his body were replaced because of a fall he had which messed up his knees. We nor did Bezgen expect this . So another operation will be necessary in 1-2 years

As we explained before even though there is universal health insurance in Turkey because Bezgen was working he was not covered by law and neither did his employer have health insurance

However, Bezgen sends his greetings to you and says it was not only the surgery but your prayers which brought about the positive results. He is presently harvesting and selling melons in the market. Soon he will go back to harvesting olives. Praise GOD !!!

I asked him if he was able stand all day and he says "I no longer sit down. No problems now"

Dear friends if it were not for your contributions we would have had great difficulty getting this done . THANK YOU and THANK YOU. Your reward is awaiting you .

I believe many souls will be saved because of this support.

Hristo and Pavlina as required by law are completing their 3 months out of Turkey and are preparing for their return. Pray for them for

a safe journey
the van will have no problems
Pavlina'a son will be saved. He will be with them for about a week .
That we will be successful in planting a church in Menemen where Bezgen is located.
that Satan will be deprived opportunities to persecute our brothers and sisters in Turkey
that there will be no custom problems
that there will be an outpouring of the Holy Spirit in Bergama and Menemen

Chita and I are preparing to also follow Hristo and Pavlina . we will be writing more about this .

As we wrote before we are trying to set up blogs for our areas which you may visit as shown below. Any suggestions you have will be appreciated but we are leery of putting too much data which may adversely reflect on our comings and goings.

http//brooksinmenemen@blogspot.com

http//brooksinbergama@blogspot.com

again thank you for your prayers and support.

eddie and chita brooks
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 11 Aug 2009, 12:39 am

PRAYER
Dear Friends: greetings in Jesus name.

I am forwarding news and requests for prayer for our Christian brothers and sisters in Turkey who are witnessing for Jesus

As you can see below we are living under persecution by the enemy in an area considered to be a democracy

Pray for the protection of Hristo and Pavlina and for the protection of our new believers.

Continue to pray for the COG work that God will raise up others to join us in this endeavor

as I stated before we have started a blog as noted below . Pray for the lord to give me guidance as to what to include in the blogs. Any suggestions form you would be appreciated.

http://brooksinbergama.blogspot.com

http://brooksinmenemen.blogspot.com

Subject: Turkish Christian Held Hostage at Knife Point - Istanbul

Subject: Turkish Christian Held Hostage at Knife Point – Istanbul

FLASH from COMPASS DIRECT NEWS

News from the Frontlines of Persecution

Summary:

ISTANBUL, August 6 (Compass Direct News) – In a bizarre show of Turkish nationalism, a young Muslim here took a Christian Turk at knife point, draped his head with the national flag and threatened to slit the throat of the “missionary dog” in broad daylight earlier this week. Yasin Karasu, 24, held Ismail Aydýn, 35, hostage for less than half an hour on Monday (Aug. 3) in a busy district on the Asian side of Istanbul in front of passersby and police who promptly came to the scene. Karasu threatened to slit Aydin’s throat if anyone came near him and commanded those watching to give him a Turkish flag. Within minutes, Aydin told Compass, bystanders produced two flags. Karasu, who has known Aydin for a year, wrapped the larger of the two flags around Aydin’s head, making it difficult for him to breathe in the heat. “Do you see this missionary dog?” he yelled at the crowd. “He is handing out gospels and he is breaking up the country!” Police managed to convince Karasu to put down the knife and release Aydin, telling him that if he killed the convert Turkey would be ridiculed around the world, and that as a last resort they were authorized to shoot to kill him
In February 2006 an Italian Catholic priest was killed in the Black Sea coastal town of Trabzon, and Armenian Christian editor Hrant Dink was shot in front of the weekly Agos three months before three Christians – two Turks and a German – were killed in Malatya in April 2007.

Last month a German businessman was also murdered for being a Christian on a busy Istanbul street (see www.compassdirect.org, “Christian Murdered on Busy Street in Istanbul,” July 28).
All murders were committed by Turkish men in their twenties.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 13 Jul 2009, 11:19 pm

Bezgen has been in constant pain for 10+ days waiting for funds to do the surgery.

Thanks be to God we have the funds--thank you very much but we had no one in Turkey to deliver the money. A dear brother in Bulgaria volunteered to help and will leave by car Tuesday AM to personally deliver the money to get the operation done - about a 10-12 hour trip

A new problem developed for Bezgen due to his fear of the surgery . His sugar became elevated--so he must delay the surgery till his sugar goes down. It seems Satan will try everything to inhibit the work of KINGDOM OF GOD

Prayer requests.

1. Pray for safety of our Bulgarian brother who will be driving all day on Tuesday to go to Bezgen's home .

2. Pray for the healing of Bezgen's body .

3. Pray for the doctor who will perform the surgery

4. Pray the Lord Jesus will touch new people in this area and HE will be glorified .

(this area is a gift of God to us )

May our Lord bless yall and keep yall in the palm of HIS hand

eddie and chita brooks
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 11 Jun 2009, 10:52 am

News from Asia Minor (Turkey)
...BROTHER BEZGEN
Dear friends: greetings in Jesus name and thank you for your ongoing prayer and support for or work in Turkey.

As you may recall there was a terrible accident 2 years ago involving Bezgen one of our Turkish brethren whose body was crushed by a huge truck . It was so bad your prayers helped him to survive and God intervened . Thank you very much

Also he had no health insurance and he had to sell everything he had and his brother sold his personal taxi to help pay the medical expenses. We also helped to pay some of the medical expenses.

His body was so badly crushed that metal was placed in parts of his body mending him back together . This metal has been in his body since the accident and it is about time to have a doctor extract the metal. ... but again he has no health insurance to pay of this procedure. He has not been able to work because his body is so rigid and cannot bend .

He cannot get this procedure done for lack of funds. If you would like to help with these medical bills you may send funds as shown below
The estimated cost for this procedure is about $3000-$4,000

MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO :

CHURCH OF GOD WORLD WIDE MISSIONS
PO BOX 8016
CLEVELAND, TN. 37320

MINISTRY SUPPORT, BERGAMA (PERGAMOS),TURKEY #132-2016

Thank you and blessings upon you, your family and your church.

eddie brooks
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 04 May 2009, 11:03 pm

BERGAMA REPORT 26 APRIL 2009(eddie brooks)Asia Minor (Turkey)
Dear Praying Friends my journey to Turkey is completed and happy to report we are making progress with the following results
report we are making progress with the following results

1. Held our first Easter Service.

2. Conducted our first baptismal service.

3. continued witnessing from home to home and village to village.

4. Stared a missionary journey program using current believers by taking them back to birth villages and to relatives in other villages. In other words we are starting to use the few believers we have to witness in other villages allowing them to share about the saving Grace of Jesus Christ. Bro Hristo and Sis Pavlina are the ones who have initiated this program . Praise God for little things but this requires transportation
and gas for which we must pay.

5. Our contacts from previous visits to roadside gypsies are starting to bear fruit . We are visiting one man named Ismail whom visited when Earl Brown was with us. He remembers Bro Brown's singing and witnessing of several years ago. This had a positive impact on his life. He cannot read but his son who can read reads the New Testament to him. We plan to visit him in his home once he returns from his camp outs where he lives as they find work in the fields--harvesting crops etc. Praise God for this new opening to
another potential village .

On a personal note we were able to finish the grave sites of my dear friends who passed away last year as I reported to you. This was an emotional and a real closure for me in the Istanbul area. some of you have visited their homes with me. Thank you for your witnessing to my friends .
My wife and I are currently planning our next journey to Turkey in November . We solicit your prayers

Until then we are off to visit churches of the COG seeking their support . Again pray for us.

My wife Chita is having surgery on Wed May 6 2009. We seek you prayers for her that even though it is minor that there be no complications.

In HIS Precious Name-- JESUS CHRIST

your brother eddie brooks and on her behalf chita brooks
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 20 Apr 2009, 11:36 am

Dear Frıends again I greet you in the name of Jesus who is always present wherever we go .

Again thank you for your prayers

I am happy to report we baptized 6 people in the Agean Sea Sunday 19 April 2009--the first group ever for us. I praise God that I was able to see this event because it is a milestone in our work for Jesus in this area as you well know.

Hristo did a fabulous job confirming their faith in Jesus and doing the baptism. I would that you all would know this brother who really has a heart for God and HIS Kingdom. He speaks the gypsy language as well.

We continue to go from cıty to cıty and home to home to witness and carry the LIGHT of JESUS

Also as you know we witness to roadside gypsies who live under a tent and work wherever it can be found.
What was interesting during this visit we met a man named Ismail whom we did not personally know but had remembered our past visits and was most attentive to our discussions . He invited us to return to his home which is a tent and we plan to continue visiting him as we can find him since they frequently move from place to place. amazing isn't it. They just work to provide a piece of bread fro their family

Brothers and sisters they are so poor and literally live from hand to mouth. Sometimes I feel we are the only hope these people see

Pray the Lord of the harvest sends more people to join us in this ministry .

May our Lord bless you and keep you in the palm of HIS hand.
your brother

eddie brooks
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 15 Apr 2009, 10:53 pm

Dear Praying friends.

again greetings in Jesus name .

we had our first Easter service Sunday but was unable to combine both due to potential personal conflicts and dissension .

In the one we had there were 14 adults and 4 children in attendance. Praise God and we would have had more but work comes first in these areas.

The people learned how to say ISA DIRILDI. JESUS IS RISEN . When I would say Jesus is Risen they would respond likewise loudly and with fervor. It was awesome .

We sang and Hristo preached.. the room was adorned with flowers and the atmosphere was positive. 2 of the 3 new people attended . we look forward to their salvation.

This week I have been meeting with relatives of my deceased friends talking about the sacrifice of Jesus .

Thank you for your prayers

greetings to the saints

your brother
Eddie
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 13 Apr 2009, 3:48 pm

Dear Praying Friends :

Greetings in the name of the RISEN ONE-- JESUS

This week has been going from village to village and today we spent the whole day in a place where we met 3 new people to whom we were able to share the GOSPEL extensively. we meet a lot of people but seldom get to share the GOSPEL as we did today

We are planning our first Easter Service by combining two groups.--Pray for an outpouring of the Spirit

Thank you again for your prayers and may you be blessed as we are being blessed .

HE IS RISEN

your brother .

eddie brooks
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 Empty eddie brooks progress report 4-6-09

Post  Admin Tue 07 Apr 2009, 12:21 pm

eddie brooks progress report 4-6-09

Dear praying friends. Greetings in the name of the risen LORD JESUS whom we adore and worship.

During this week we have been going from home to home and city to city and village to village carrying the LIGHT OF THE WORLD without whom there is utter darkness and sharing the GOSPEL of JESUS CHRIST

In Istanbul using the past relationship with my deceased friends I have been able to use their prayers which they had said with me as a guide to witness to those relatives who remain. I have found this to be an effective way of witnessing about Jesus without too many interruptions. Pray the Lord will give us increrasing wisdom for effective witnessing.

The general about whom I wrote before desires my presence more and more. He likes to talk about the book of John. Pray for his salvation. somehow I feel he is near to a decision for CHRIST

In the beginning of this journey in prayer the Lord reminded me of laying up treasures in heaven as opposed to earthly wealth. He reminded me that not only my trips and labors in Turkey qualified for these deposits in heaven but also all those who are praying for us and thoıse who aresupporting us as well... I praise God for all of you in that category because I know my task is impossible without your prayers. What you are doing to hep us is LAYING UP TRASURES IN HEAVEN

THANK YOU and THANK YOU and I praise GOD for you

In DIKILY the Lord has opened ther door of a gypsy cultural association where both men and women meet to socialize. We had a good time sharing . We will go back again this week.

In MENEMEN we had a nice group where we hold up JESUS constantly. We prayed for the sick and shared ther GOOD NEWS.
We will return again this weekend and have a simple Easter service with communion.

As you know KINIK is always on our agenda. We had one saved and warm receptivity to the GOSPEL. People were healed. Praise God for Menemen and KINIK and DIKILY

PRAYER ITEMS

PRAY FOR OUR PRAYER MEETINGS. IN DIKILY KINIK AND MENEMEN

PRAY THE LORD WILL SAVE AND HEAL PEOPLE

PRAY THE LORD WILL SHOW US HOW TO OPEN AN ASSOCIATION IN BERGAMA WHICH WE CAN USE OUTWARDLY TO TEACH ENGLISH AND TO HELP POOR PEOPLE ..

PRAY FOR HRISTO AND PAVLINA S CONTINUAL GOOD HEALTH AND WISDOM

Again my brothers and sisters thanks for all your support

YOUR BROTHER .
eddie brooks
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 22 Mar 2009, 5:23 pm

Dear praying friends. Greetings in Jesus name
few weeks ago I sent you an article about the Turkish youth being told how we are a potential threat to Turkish culture . Now below is an excerpt from another article which alludes to the efforts to make our work unlawful-- even though the Turkish constitution gives us freedom to practice our religion whatever blend it is.
THIS MORNING IN PRAYER I FELT THE LORD TELLING ME TO ASK FOR YOUR PRAYERS IN A SPECIAL WAY. please continue praying for us(including Hristo and Pavlina) that we will be faithful to HIS calling and we WILL go to the places HE wants us to go.

Also my dearest Turkish friend HALUK ATAMAN passed away on 18 March. I wrote you muchly about him. Pray for his family that they may come to know Jesus as Savior and Lord.

Pray for me the Lord will open doors of opportunity in the Istanbul area where Haluk lived so I may freely discuss the Light of Jesus and HIS saving Grace.

My heart is heavy today but very focused on my journey
and I know the Lord will aright all for HIS glory and honor.. do pray for us as you have never before. your prayers are more needful than silver and gold

To paraphrase the priest who died in the 9/11 WTC: Lord prepare our way; tell me where you want me to go; tell me with whom to talk; tell me what to say and let me get out of the way.

your brother. eddie brooks

Friday March 20, 2009
TURKEY: ‘INSULTING TURKISHNESS’ CASE PROCEEDS UNDER REVISED LAW
Ministry of Justice decision suggests spreading Christianity may be unlawful in Turkey.

Photobucket
Turan Topal and Hakan Tastan

ISTANBUL, March 20 (Compass Direct News) – Turkey’s decision last month to try two Christians under a revised version of a controversial law for “insulting Turkishness” because they spoke about their faith came as a blow to the country’s record of freedom of speech and religion.

A Silivri court on Feb. 24 received the go-ahead from the Ministry of Justice to try Christians Turan Topal and Hakan Tastan under the revised Article 301 – a law that has sparked outrage among proponents of free speech as journalists, writers, activists and lawyers have been tried under it. The court had sent the case to the Ministry of Justice after the government on May 8, 2008 put into effect a series of changes – which critics have called “cosmetic” – to the law.

The justice ministry decision came as a surprise to Topal and Tastan and their lawyer, as missionary activities are not illegal in Turkey. Defense lawyer Haydar Polat said no concrete evidence of insulting Turkey or Islam has emerged since the case first opened two years ago.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 7 Empty Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES

Post  Admin Fri 06 Mar 2009, 9:07 am

(TURKEY) BERGAMA JOURNEY 28 MAR-30 APR 2009‏

Dear praying friends I come to you in the name of ISA(Jesus) the Crucified ONE who gave HIS life for TURKS

We are getting ready for our semi-annual journey to Turkey and are in prayer to do all that we can to please HIM. We cannot do this trip without prayer -thus we rely on you for these issues. please pray for the following

1. That the Lord will raise up someone to go to Turkey to replace those who have left . Only recently without notice a family who had been in Turkey several years left. Since I have been going to Turkey under the auspices of the Church of God about 5 people have come and gone. Pray the Lord off Hosts will touch peoples' hearts. As that song goes my people are all in the house but no one in the field working.

2. We plan tofocus on 3 cities/villages for a prayer meeting every week in each place

B. MENEMN -- there are 8 believers that we know of . Pray for new conversions and jobs for the believers

B. KINIK---- There are 3 known believers here but they are very influential in the village. Pray for new conversions and jobs for the believers

C. DIKILI --- We have been going to this place for several years and I was under the impression that we had believers; however, during the last visit I overheard the people talking about Jesus being only a prophet. May the Lord guide us in our teachings and may the Holy Spirit touch the hearts of the people bringing them to a true understanding of the True Messiah.

Bergama(Pergamos) is our base of operations where we are constantly talking to people and where we have had the greatest opposition . I will not rehash old persecutions which most of you know. In spite of the adversarial actions against us we continue to seek out a friendly face. We are a permanent fixture in this city but have no place for a prayer meeting. May God open doors .

We were going to Thyatira but due to lack of response among those whom we thought were believers we decided to put our focus on the cities we mentioned above. no one would come to our prayer meetings nor answer our phone calls. We have furniture we need to bring to Bergama from Thyatira.
We have received no opposition to this action from the Lord nor from those over us nor from our peers.
Please pray
A. there be no problems during the movement of furniture.

B. that we find an inexpensive place to store the furniture.

Transportation to and from prayer meetings is basically by car due to long distances and availability of people for a prayer meeting. We are obliged to go to only homes where we are invited. therefore pray

A. Vehicles stay in good order
B. we find more homes in which we can have prayer meetings.
C. Salvation of souls and healing of bodies

D. Lord increase our opportunities

E.. Lord manifest YOURSELF. If your presence does not go with us there is no success/progress. Only YOU Lord can make things happen. Show us your glory LORD JESUS --amen and amen

Pray for Hristo and Pavlina for their good health and safety. We never know what the enemy has in store for us. I am sure many of you saw the video in the last General Assembly about Hristo's merciless beating . If you did not we can arrange for one to be sent to you for viewing or we can come to your church personally and share about our work in Turkey.

Of course as you know separate from Bergama we witness friends and acquaintances in the Istanbul area as well . pray for

A. salvation of souls

B. healing of bodies. most people will let us pray for them .

C. May we find new people to whom we can carry the Gospel

D. May we be the Light Of Jesus wherever we go

E. My dear friend Haluk is basically in bed all the time. I have done all I can to assure myself of his salvation. He is really in the hands of God. Pray for increase of Haluk's faith in Jesus.

In conclusion pray for our safe journey and good health

It is our goal to Please Jesus in all my activities.

We will give you a periodic update ..

in Brotherly love

eddie and chita brooks

CONTRIBUTIONS FOR OUR WORK IN TURKEY. MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO :

CHURCH OF GOD WORLD WIDE MISSIONS
PO BOX 8016
CLEVELAND, TN. 37320

ANNOTATE CHECKS WITH ONE OF THE NUMBERS SHOWN BELOW AS YOU DESIRE.

MINISTRY SUPPORT, BERGAMA (PERGAMOS),TURKEY #132-2016
(this is the one for which we have the greatest need)

MINISTRY SUPPORT, EDWIN C. BROOKS #065-0462

Last edited by Admin on Thu 21 Apr 2011, 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7