World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyToday at 10:29 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyToday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyToday at 9:44 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyYesterday at 10:07 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyYesterday at 9:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyYesterday at 8:06 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyYesterday at 7:42 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyYesterday at 7:07 pm by Admin

» AISH
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyYesterday at 6:50 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 11:13 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 10:59 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:56 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:23 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 5:18 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:49 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:17 pm by Admin

» Short Video US campus not what you think.
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:50 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:48 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:34 pm by Admin

» Tjurkey suspend dealing with Israel
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:03 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL Empty Re: THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL

Post  Admin Sat 20 Apr 2024, 8:29 pm

https://www.christianity.com/wiki/christian-life/what-does-it-mean-to-celebrate-earth-day-from-a-christian-perspective.html?
Pursuing the Kingdom of God - Greg Laurie Devotion - April 20/21, 2024
If you are Christian, then you are born again. And if you are not born again, then you are not a Christian.
GREG LAURIE
Weekend, April 20, 2024
Pursuing the Kingdom of God
Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.” (John 3:3 NLT)
Nicodemus finally had his face-to-face meeting with Jesus. He began by saying, “Rabbi . . . we all know that God has sent you to teach us. Your miraculous signs are evidence that God is with you” (John 3:2 NLT).
CONTINUE READING →

What Does it Mean to Celebrate Earth Day From a Christian Perspective?
Cally Logan
As stewards this Earth Day, let us come before the Lord in honest and sincere prayer to see what He has for us to do for Him as His ambassadors. This Earth is a precious gift that provides us with everything necessary for our fleshly bodies to survive, and we must honor what we live upon. Let’s ask God how we can live with the Earth, not on it, and how He would instruct us to honor the precious gift He has given.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 07 Apr 2024, 9:33 pm

God As Reality
by Barak Lurie
I was once an avowed atheist. I had determined that God was a tool to manipulate the masses. Devious men wrote the Bible for their own self-aggrandizement. I knew all the terrible history, too: Christianity in particular had been guilty of the Crusades, the Inquisition, priest molestations, and more.

Oh, the horror…

So I dismissed God. Anyone who believed in God was a fool, clutching for soothing answers in an uncaring and brutal universe.

They lived in fear. I didn’t.

But questions nagged at me. I knew I had free will and consciousness. How and why do we have such things? What are the chances the Big Bang would result in the universe we now have? What are the chances that earth could form as it did with all the perfections of its ozone layer, its rotation locked in by our moon to create seasons, a perfect distance from the sun and a perfect placement in the Milky Way galaxy? What were the chances that life would form at all, let alone life that could reproduce, evolve into many animals, and culminate in a self-aware human capable of speech and abstract thought?

And if survival and necessity explained everything, then how could one explain our love of music, art, beauty, humor, and storytelling? What of our need for purpose, creation, and happiness? None of these is necessary for our survival.

I had to conclude one thing: However the universe and life started, randomness couldn't explain it. This was the hardest moment in my journey to God. I realized that as an atheist, I hadn’t so much not believed in God, as that I hadn’t wanted to believe in God. Without God, there was no obligation to the past or to the future, only to what I fancied doing in the present. I wanted to believe that my life was finite and would vanish like a flame on a candle. Life was limited to the time between the sunrise of my birth and the sunset of my death.

Why? Because it was easier.

Dismissing a Creator allowed me to live in a world where I could booze it up, sex it up, and do whatever I damn well pleased — steal, lie, and even murder.

But with God in my life, I would be accountable. There was life before my sunrise, and I saw that there would be life beyond my sunset. What I do matters, not just in this life but beyond. I have obligations to the past and to the future, and to Civilization. It was not just a simple decision of whether to believe or not, It was an epiphany that rocked everything about my sense of life and the universe. It forced me to change who I was. Yes, it was a burden, but it was meaningful and glorious, too.

My atheist’s bias had clouded my head, preventing me from entertaining real science, actual logic, and simple observation. The atheist blinds himself to what’s right in front of him, starting with his own free will and consciousness.

But it’s easier.

Barak Lurie is a managing partner of the firm Lurie & Kramer in Los Angeles, California. He obtained his BA with honors at Stanford University in 1985, and his JD and MBA at the UCLA School of Law and Anderson School of Business in 1989. He was the host of The Barak Lurie Show, a #1 Sunday morning radio program in Los Angeles. Barak also hosts the weekly “Barak Lurie Podcast” and bestselling author of Atheism Kills and Rise of the Sex Machines.

The ideology of this worldview for people has a name - Nazism. It is evil.
Ethics of the Fathers, 3:14 Rabbi Akiva said: “Beloved is man for he was created in the image [of God]. Especially beloved is he for it was made known to him that he had been created in the image [of God], as it is said: “for in the image of God He made man.’” (Genesis 9:6)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 23 Mar 2024, 9:26 pm

Shalom Zahara, Please enjoy today's Daily Inspiration from Israel.
You shall season your every offering of meal with salt; you shall not omit from your meal offering the salt of your covenant with God; with all your offerings you must offer salt.
וְכָל־קָרְבַּן מִנְחָתְךָ בַּמֶּלַח תִּמְלָח וְלֹא תַשְׁבִּית מֶלַח בְּרִית אֱלֹהֶיךָ מֵעַל מִנְחָתֶךָ עַל כָּל־קָרְבָּנְךָ תַּקְרִיב מֶלַח
Leviticus 2:13 (The Israel Bible)
v'-khol kor-BAN min-kha-t'-KHA ba-ME-lakh tim-LAKH, v'-LO tash-BEET ME-lakh b'-REET e-lo-HE-kha may-AL min-kha-TE-kha, al kol kor-ba-n'-KHA tak-REEV ME-lakh
A Recipe for Successful Worship of God
By Rabbi Pesach Wolicki
The early chapters of the book of Leviticus deal with the details of the various sacrifices and offerings that are to be brought in the Tabernacle and, after entering Israel, the Temple in Jerusalem. At the end of the discussion of the meal offering, the following rules are stated.

"All meal-offerings that you bring to God are not to me made leavened, for all yeast [heb. se’or – alt. trans. ‘sourdough’ or ‘leaven’] and all honey you shall not burn from them a fire-offering to God. You shall bring them as a first [fruit-] offering to God but they shall not be placed upon the altar as a pleasing fragrance.

You shall salt all your meal-offerings with salt and you shall not omit salt from [being placed] upon your meal-offerings. On all your offerings you shall bring salt." - Leviticus. 2:11-13

The above passage relates three laws. No leavened offerings are to be brought. No honey is to be included in any offering. All offerings must include salt.

Why are we forbidden to use honey in the offerings, and why must they include salt?
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
https://theisraelbible.com/vayikra-yeast-honey-and-salt/?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 22 Mar 2024, 8:44 pm

Provers 6
Warnings Against Folly
6 My son, if you have put up security for your neighbor,
if you have shaken hands in pledge for a stranger,
2 you have been trapped by what you said,
ensnared by the words of your mouth.
3 So do this, my son, to free yourself,
since you have fallen into your neighbor’s hands:
Go—to the point of exhaustion—[a]
and give your neighbor no rest!
4 Allow no sleep to your eyes,
no slumber to your eyelids.
5 Free yourself, like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter,
like a bird from the snare of the fowler.

6 Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
7 It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
8 yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

9 How long will you lie there, you sluggard?
When will you get up from your sleep?
10 A little sleep, a little slumber,
a little folding of the hands to rest—
11 and poverty will come on you like a thief
and scarcity like an armed man.

12 A troublemaker and a villain,
who goes about with a corrupt mouth,
13 who winks maliciously with his eye,
signals with his feet
and motions with his fingers,
14 who plots evil with deceit in his heart—
he always stirs up conflict.
15 Therefore disaster will overtake him in an instant;
he will suddenly be destroyed—without remedy.

16 There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 01 Feb 2024, 12:40 am

It's Time for You To Start Confessing ‘Good Things' About Yourself!

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
Philemon 1:6

What kind of things do you say about yourself? Do you speak well of yourself, or are you hyper-critical of your appearance, your weight, your intelligence, your talents, your skills, and every other aspect of who you are as a person?

I used to be so hyper-critical of myself that one day the Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, "How dare you continually talk so badly about yourself after the good work I've done inside you. Don't you know how marvelously I created you to be in Jesus Christ? Quit speaking so negatively of yourself, and start acknowledging every good thing that is in you."

I didn't realize how badly I was speaking of myself until the Holy Spirit brought it to my attention. But after He spoke to me, I started noticing every time something evil slipped out of my mouth about myself. I was stunned to see how many times I did it! I became painfully aware that my own mouth had become one of my greatest enemies. With the help of the Holy Spirit, I made a decision to quit speaking such foul things and to start aligning my mouth with what God's Word declared me to be.
https://www.christianity.com/devotionals/sparkling-gems-from-the-greek-rick-renner/sparkling-gems-from-the-greek-week-of-october-24.html?aps=6bf892aa516e7205bb1a102b30f891d16e102ebcc0adc48a75e21fad46615856&
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 12 Dec 2023, 12:19 am

ibelieve truth banner

“‘Sir,’ the man replied, ‘leave it alone for one more year, and I’ll dig around it and fertilize it. 9 If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.’” Luke 13:8-9 (NIV)

As we are embracing the change in seasons, from fall to winter. As the trees lose their leaves, one thing is obviously clear, you are still waiting for your season of life to change. And because there is a delay, you have lost all motivation to participate in the things that once brought you joy. If this is you, it sounds like you are in a rut. You might ask how I know. Because I have been there before. More times than I care to count. It is the same place; it just chooses a new participant when the time is ripe. This hollow, mood-swing-filled, lonely place, has a way of showing up on cue when exhaustion from waiting lays hold on you. Your servanthood mentality takes a direct hit. You begin to turn down speaking engagements. You don’t want to sing at another conference. I’m sick you say. Not sick in the body but sick of waiting. God isn’t doing anything for me so I’m not going to do anything for Him. In my experience with ruts, during my private petitions before God, I would try and clean up my act but my heart was not in the right place. Hence affecting my ability to bear any good fruit. Believing God for the impossible takes true commitment no matter what’s not materializing for you. Don’t change up on God! As is written in Luke 18:27, “Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.” For my brother and or sister who has taken the time to read this devotional, I want to encourage you to change your perspective, that rut is a setup to get you chopped down. When you are in a rut, like a tree, you are not producing any fruit. Godly fruit that is.

Spiritual ruts are designed to keep you stagnated. Are you aware that you can give this place and the feelings that come along with it a rejection notice? This gutter way of thinking can cause you, like it did me, to withdraw from social normalcy and into your thoughts. Next, an emotional detachment ensues.

When things do not go according to our plans it can cause a momentary disconnection from life, people, and the things that we love. It can also lead to stagnation with minimal growth in sight. You might not want to talk, let alone hear from anyone. From the way you see it, all you wanted to do was share the good news that God did it again. The reality is, He did not do it today. Why Lord? Disappointment begins to show up in your outward deportment. The songs from your top praise and worship playlist that once brought peace and comfort are no longer the go-to. When ruts outwear their welcome, the danger is imminent.

This mood shift makes you long for your bed, a box of Kleenex, and your woe-is-me playlist. Then it hits you in the worst way. You realize that you are nothing like the tree that is planted by the rivers of living water as mentioned in Psalms 1:3 NIV, “That person is like a tree planted by streams of water which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither whatever they do prospers”. What fruit are you bearing in this barren place as you hope for change? If you, comparable to this tree, believe that you have a right to stop growing because you are not getting what you want when you want it, you have a bad understanding.
CONTINUE READING → https://www.christianity.com/devotionals/todays-devotionals/dont-get-cut-down.html?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 26 Nov 2023, 9:33 pm

Fall Reveries

There is just something about the transition into autumn that causes us to evaluate our lives. The beautiful season that leads to leaves falling and the dying of plants sometimes makes us a little somber as we reflect on the passing of Spring and Summer and the changes in our lives. For Christians, meditative reverie can lead to new insight and new resolve. We know the Lord is with us in all seasons and all times of life.

I have never been bothered by severe or lingering depression, but I occasionally find myself dwelling on thoughts best forgotten. The time we spend recalling unpleasant memories, unwise decisions, silly mistakes, or unfortunate circumstances could be put to use for positive living. Jesus really does not want us to get caught in the arid spaces, the deserts of mind and soul. He came to give us abundant life. (John 10:10) The repetitious circling over the past is a waste of time and can lead to depression.

When I find myself caught in unproductive thinking, I have developed the habit of asking myself, “Do you really want to think about these memories, ideas, or passed situations?” Sometimes this question is enough to propel me forward with concerns of the day. If I am using the recall, even unconsciously, as a means of problem solving, I stop to pray. I ask the Lord for His help in seeing the truth I am meant to cull from the recollection. This kind of truth really does set us free—from passed guilt, error, sin, and folly. Sensing the Lord’s forgiving love is a tender balm for the soul, refreshing for the spirit.

When we follow the Lord’s leading, our daily lives can be filled with purpose and joy because we know we have been forgiven. We escape the traps of wrong thinking and release our energies for doing the Lord’s work in the world. The promise of salvation is a rich reward for faith in the saving power of Jesus.

……Mary-Ellen Grisham (sonsong@charter.net) by way of ‘Christian Voices’ (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 26 Nov 2023, 9:31 pm

Regret for wasted time is more wasted time. - Mason Cooley

___________________________________________________________________________________

THOUGHT PROVOKING / INSPIRATIONAL

HE IS ABLE TO GIVE AND TAKE BECAUSE HE IS GOD

Blessed are those who listen to Me, watching daily at My doors,

waiting at My doorway. For those who find me find life and

receive favor from the Lord. Proverbs 8:34-35 (NIV)

This fall, I've been hunting hard! I was blessed to get a lease on some new property, and I spent a good chunk of the summer getting it ready to go for white tail season. Once everything was in place to hunt, I was excited to get onto the property and bag a nice big buck. My trail cams kept showing some beautiful 8 points and one huge buck. I would go to bed having visions of successful hunts with any one of the bucks on my trail cams.

After 6 weeks of bow season, neither my son or I had anything to show for all our efforts. We had seen deer and small bucks, but nothing worth shooting. We had been out in the woods hour after hour after hour . . . to no avail.

We went down to my in-laws for Thanksgiving. We have hunted there in the past, but this year we had done nothing with the property, since we had gotten the new lease.

Well, long story short, we went out to a couple of old favorite spots . . .with putting no work into this property at all, and my son walked out of the woods with a good sized deer after one morning hunt. no scent wafers, no mock scrapes, no "doe in heat" scents, no food plots . . .just hunting an old trail.

Action Point!

God has a way of humbling us, doesn't He? I've been hunting long enough to know that hunting isn't about earning an opportunity for an animal, and it certainly isn't about what's fair.

God controls everything, and though our efforts on the new property were admirable, they didn't produce anything for us. But, God stepped in and blessed us in conditions where we had done nothing to merit harvesting an animal . . . it was simply a blessing from Him!!~

In our everyday lives, we need to remember that we can never earn anything from God. He is able to give and take, because He is God. Sometimes, we need to be reminded of that.

……as seen in Sportsmen's Devotionals by way of ‘Christian Voices’ (christianvoices@att.net)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 09 Nov 2023, 5:25 pm

If you want to fly, you have to give up everything that weighs you down.
- Toni Morrison

Can You Walk on Water?
Matthew 14:25-31. In this story Jesus is walking on the sea toward the boat to join the disciples, who had left the shore earlier. The disciples seeing the form on the water panic, thinking that they were seeing a spirit. Jesus calls out, calming their fears. Peter, the impulsive one, asks Jesus to prove that it is really He, by bidding him to come to Him. Peter steps out in faith to walk to Jesus.

Realizing what is happening, Peter is astounded that he’s walking on water. That's when he makes his mistake. He thinks of himself instead of keeping his eye on Jesus.

I see myself in this: I believe in Christ. Oh yes! I tell others of my faith. Oh yes! I even help others to trust in God, assuring them that God will help them, that He will see them through. Oh yes! And then: The devil comes along and says, "Who are you to tell others to walk on water? LOOK! You're sinking." And THAT'S when I begin to sink. Of course I can't walk on water. Who can? Only Christ!

"Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death." I don't know who said this, but it doesn't matter. FAITH and FEAR cannot live together. It’s impossible.

Peter did great while he kept his eyes on Jesus. But when he saw the waves, he panicked. The waves began to swallow him. He was sure he was a "gonner!"

I tell myself: Whatever my waves are today, and however high they roll, I will keep my eyes on Jesus.

When Peter saw the waves and started to sink, He called out to Jesus. That was his redemption. Even though he took his eyes off Christ and began to sink, he renewed his faith by calling out to the Lord. He put his faith once again in the One whom he knew could save him.

Christ was there, ready to help. Would He have saved Peter if Peter had not called out? I am sure He would have. But I am glad Matthew recorded this story this way. God wants US to call on Him.

Today when Christ bids me to come to Him, I will walk by faith. Today when FEAR knocks on my door, I am sending FAITH to answer.
I hope you do, too.

……© Helen Dowd (helenmdowd@shaw.ca) by way of ‘Christian Voices’ (christianvoices@att.net)

Being Invisible
Sheila walked into the sanctuary and noticed as she had so many times before that the same people were in groups talking. She decided to try something for it really bothered her that no one seemed to even notice her or care that she had been coming here for a month. An elderly gentleman walked by and she stopped him and asked, “Am I invisible?”

He looked at her as if she were crazy. “Of course not, I see you plainly. What a dumb question.” He turned and went his way.

Of course not, well one would think she was invisible for not one person said good morning to her or even a hello. She felt brave and stopped a younger woman and asked the same question. The lady looked at her and laughed, “I would say you are not for I see you right in front of me asking stupid questions.”

Sheila had to smile. Dumb question, stupid questions, and all along she thought they were very good questions for if people saw her why did they not acknowledge her. She came to this church for she had heard it was a Christ centered church. But, she did not sense Jesus nor did she feel Him. Jesus is love and she felt no love in this church. She turned and walked out the door.

……Sharon Niese by way of ‘Christian Voices (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Oct 2023, 10:51 pm

LISTEN TO THE STILLNESS
Have you ever longed for stillness? I mean real quietness? Go far out into the country, and in the middle of the night, listen...Listen to quietness? Yes. After all the noises of the city or town-traffic, industry, sirens, dogs barking, church bells ringing, you get the point-stillness can be deafening.

Everywhere there is noise. Electricity makes noise. Listen during the stillness of the night in your own home, and you will hear noise. But out in the country, in the middle of the night when even the birds are asleep, you can hear the stillness. It is loud. It hurts your ears. Listen for a while-if you ever get the chance-and you will almost wish for some kind of noise. We expect noise. It is what we are used to.

But in our spiritual life we want quietness. But there is always some sort of disquietude. There are conflicting voices in our ears telling us different things. We cry out to God, wanting to hear His voice, but other noises keep squeezing their way in. We kneel or sit down for our morning devotions, asking God for a message from Him. Our Bible is open before us. We pray to hear His voice. We expect God's message to jump out at us, to fill our heads with assurance that He has heard, but it doesn't happen.

Well, let's not think we are the only ones. Elijah, God's great prophet, had the same experience. See I Kings 19 for the story. Elijah was out in the caves, hiding from Queen Jezebel and King Ahab. He was discouraged, thinking he was the only man of God left. In verse 11 we find him on the top of a mountain, waiting for God's voice. He expected to hear it in the wind that came along. But he didn't. He expected to hear it in the earthquake that took place. But he didn't. He expected to hear it in the roar of the fire. But God did not speak in any of those noisy events. God spoke in a STILL, SMALL VOICE. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee." Isaiah 26:3-4

We don't have to be out in the country in the middle of the night when even the birds are sleeping, to hear the voice of God. He speaks amidst the noise, the confusion of life. We just have to listen...for a STILL, SMALL VOICE.

……The Daily Encourager (thedailyencourager@harrisburgonline.org) by way of ‘Christian Voices’ (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 22 Sep 2023, 11:24 pm

Charity in Belief

“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised

Is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward

love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are

in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more

as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10: 23-25 NIV

Gathering together as Christians at church, in small groups, in Bible Study, or in Christian fellowship is important for the strengthening and maintaining of our faith. Christians learn from each other and hold each other accountable in living Jesus’ way. Sharing Christian treasures and insights is a continuing joy for the faithful. Continual fellowship with other Christians helps us to maintain a spirit of love and cooperation.

And in this time of issues, issues, issues, the balancing wisdom of a gathering of Christian believers is essential in maintaining a kindly outlook towards others who disagree with our beliefs. This is not to say that we force or bully others into submissive cordiality. Instead balanced Christian discussion that airs different ideas and points-of-view Biblically based can give us tempering thoughtfulness and a guide for the formation and dissemination of our ideas. As Christians, no matter how strong our beliefs and ideas, we need to share with others in a spirit of love. Pounding others forcefully with a belligerent version of Bible truth is likely to have the opposite outcome we desire. The Lord may smile at our zeal but regret our hostile aggressive force.

An old country saying used to point out “that you catch more flies with honey” than say vinegar. While we do not want to expound “sugared” down Christianity, we do want to share with calmness, peace, and love, respecting the individuality of others and praying for their Christian growth.

…… Mary-Ellen Grisham (eternal_ink@associate.com) by way of Christian Voices (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 31 Jul 2023, 10:18 pm

DON'T SETTLE FOR SECOND BEST
The story is told of a professor who stood before his class of 20 senior organic biology students, about to hand out the final exam.

"I want to say that it's been a pleasure teaching you this semester. I know you've all worked extremely hard and many of you are off to medical school after summer. So that no one gets their GPA messed up because they might have been celebrating a bit too much this week, anyone who would like to opt out of the final exam today will receive a "B" for the course."

There was much rejoicing amongst the class as students got up, passed by the professor to thank him and sign out on his offer. As the last taker left the room, the professor looked out over the handful of remaining students and asked, "Anyone else? This is your last chance." One final student rose up and took the offer.

The professor closed the door and took attendance of those students remaining. "I'm glad to see you believe in yourself." he said. "You all have "A's."

Too often, we're content to settle for second best. A lot of students would be thrilled to settle for a "B" ("That's better than I usually get." "That's doing better than most of the others I know."). And most students, I think, would rather get a "B" with little time spent studying, than to make the effort it takes to get an "A".

A lot of us are content to settle for second best in our spiritual lives as well. We're close to God (at least closer than many people we know), but we aren't willing to take the time and the effort to have the kind of relationship we know God wants us to have.

The biggest problem with settling for second best is that we miss out on that which is best.

"As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, 'Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!' 'Martha, Martha,' the Lord answered, 'you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.' " (Luke 10:42)

What Martha was doing was good (second best, even), but "Mary has chosen what is better." May we always seek out and choose "what is better" in our relationship with God! Have a great day! 

……Alan Smith (www.cruciformcoc.com) by way of Christian Voices (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 02 Jul 2023, 11:00 pm

One Nation Under God

While our founding fathers were a mixture of Deists, Quakers, Christians, and other faiths, all believed in God as the true author and founder of our nation and its freedoms. Many of the original planners and leaders of the United States were also Masons, a rather arcane group something like a lodge with a Christian tradition. The Knights Templar were in the background tradition of the Masons, and these pure Christian knights were faithful to Jesus for historic years. However, power and wealth tempted them away from their pure devotion to Jesus, and science and secularism weakened their original faith.

Nonetheless, our early founders wrote documents and designed Washington D.C. with Bible faith and profound belief in God. The plan of the city of Washington D.C. reflects this deep faith as the major buildings are laid out in the shape of a cross. Many of the buildings, monuments, and legislative chambers are full of Bible quotes and expressions of faith in God. There is no doubt that our early leaders founded “one nation under God” with liberty and justice for all.

As a people and as a nation, our greatness and growth came and comes from the blessing of God. No matter how strong other ideas, ideologies, philosophies, sciences, or unbelief becomes, we as citizens of the United States of America can always know that our nation was founded and developed by men of faith for men and women with faith in God. As Christians, we are blessed by these faith-full roots of the nation we love. And as Christians, we must stand for Bible principles and the Word of God.
 ……Mary-Ellen Grisham (eternallyours8@yahoo.com) by the way of ‘Christian Voices’ (christianvoices@att.net)

<><    <><    <><    <><    <><    <><    <><
It takes less time to do a thing right, than it 
does to explain why you did it wrong.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

<><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 02 Jul 2023, 10:54 pm

Perfect Love

.  Perfect Love Is Not Red Roses On Valentine Day, It's The Rest Of The
        364 Days Of Knowing You Love Someone.

.  Perfect Love Is Not Phone Calls And Stolen Kisses, It's The Silent Smiles.

.  In Memory Of Your Sweetheart.

.  Perfect Love Is Not A Grand Wedding, But Spending A Lifetime Together.

.  Perfect Love Is Not Fight-Kiss-And-Make-Up, It’s Loving The One Who Annoys You.

.  Perfect Love Is The Love That Is The Love That God Gives To You.

.  Do You Love Someone Perfectly?

……Tim Levin (timsinspiration@yahoo.com) by way of 'Christian Voices' (christianvoices@att.net)

RUNNING INTO HIS ARMS

This life is so full of beautiful moments. All you have to do is open your eyes and your heart to see them. I saw one just the other day.

The local elementary school had just let out and I found myself behind a school bus as I was driving home. The bus stopped by a house sitting on top of a hill. A little girl no more than 7 years old hopped down the bus steps and started running up the driveway toward the house. The smile on her face was contagious. Her long hair was bouncing off her shoulders and her pink backpack was trailing behind her as she ran. I looked up the hill to see where she was going and saw her Dad waiting on her. As she got closer and closer her Dad smiled and knelt down to greet her. The second she got to him he wrapped his powerful arms around her and gave her a huge hug. My eyes watered a bit as I watched this scene and remembered all the times my own children had ran into my arms with smiling faces and loving hearts. Every single hug from them was a fountain of youth and a treasure of joy.

My lovely trip down memory lane was interrupted when I heard the car behind me honk its horn. I saw the school bus quickly pulling away and started to follow it again. I did so, however, with a fuller heart and lighter spirit than I had before. I took that beautiful moment and stored it safely in my soul where I knew it would remain forever.

One day we all will leave this school of learning and love and finally get to go home again. I know that when it is my time that I will sprint from that bus and right into my Heavenly Father’s arms. I know that my smile will be bright and my heart will be light. Enjoy your day here at school then. Teach, love, and learn. But know that one day you will be going
home to where the hugs are eternal and the love never ends.

…Joseph J. Mazzella (joemazzella@frontier.com) by way of ChristianVoices (christianvoices@att.net)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 18 Jun 2023, 4:26 pm

THOUGHT PROVOKING/INSPIRATIONAL

"You don't have to be alone in your hurt! Comfort is yours.
Joy is an option. And it's all been made possible by your Savior.
He went without comfort so you might have it. He postponed

joy so you might share in it. He willingly chose isolation
so you might never be alone in your hurt and sorrow."
Joni Eareckson Tada

"Do you sometimes feel that your life is out of control, that God
is conspicuously absent? God has not abandoned you even if it
seems He has. Experience has shown me that His faithfulness is
best seen in retrospect. It is only as we look back over our lives
that we realize God had a plan even before we had a problem."
Richard Exley

"If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know
you and continue to find favor with you".
Exodus 33:13.

"Years ago I heard a gifted Bible teacher say, "God allows some
things to happen to us in order to do something in us so He can do something
through us." At first I was offended. To my way of thinking difficulties did not
come from God. But upon further reflection I am convinced she was right.
The key word here is allows'."
Richard Exley

"Now I want you to know brothers, that what has happened to me
has really served to advance the gospel."
Philippians 1:12.

“Oh! men and brethren, what would this heart feel if I could but
believe that there were some among you who would go home and
pray for a revival – men whose faith is large enough, and their love
fiery enough to lead them from this moment to exercise unceasing
intercessions that God would appear among us and do wondrous
things here, as in the times of former generations.”
C. H. Spurgeon

……Kim Quiggle (cheer316kim@sc.rr.com) by way of ‘Christian Voices’ (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 28 Apr 2023, 4:16 pm

MAY GOD BLESS YOU...TO NOT BE SILENT!

Unless the LORD had helped me, I would soon have died.
Psalm 94:17, NLT

What do you think this verse is all about? Certainly sounds simple and straight- forward. Or is it? I chose this particular translation because despite best intentions, it probably does the least in telling us the message behind the ancient Hebrew words. Here's what I mean.

"Unless" is better translated as an emphatic Except for. "the LORD" is actually YHWH (Yahweh), the proper name for the One True God. "had helped" is from two words which mean help and belonging to. "me" is not in the original text at all. "I" encompasses the whole person. "soon" is correct, though some translations use almost. But "would have died" deviates significantly from the Hebrew words which refer to a remaining or continuing condition that is not about death, but silence.

Putting this together, we discover a deeper message: Except for help belonging to the One True God, I and all that is me - spiritual, mental, emotional, physical - would soon have caused continuing silence.

Just a little different, isn't it? Not understanding the meanings and use of these words can cause confusion. And it's not that the first message is wrong, but that there's so much more. God is not simply telling us what the psalmist believed. He's sending us a message - a warning - about being silent.

The other day I saw a news report titled "Chick-fil-A CEO slams gay marriage". But the media had lied. Dan Cathey did not "slam" gay marriage. That word, as they know, implies a vehement attack. He simply answered a question, saying in part, "We are very much supportive of the family - the biblical definition of the family unit...We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles."

What followed were cries of outrage and calls to boycott his restaurants. It wasn't that they simply disagree with Mr. Cathey. They do not want to live in a country where others can share their values or operate on biblical principles. They do not respect those with beliefs different from their own nor want to discuss them. What they want is for those who disagree with them to remain and continue in silence.

We live in an age where people try to force their position on others and prevent anyone from opposing them. They alone want to be the ones who speak, keeping everyone else silent. We find this from dictatorships and other oppressive governments to universities and colleges, even within the doctrine of some religions.

But we who follow God cannot be silent. We are called to seek, understand, and share. Jesus commanded, What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs (Matthew 10:27).

But how can we do this in the face of so many who vehemently, sometimes violently, want to keep us silent? As the psalmist wrote, we look to the help that belongs to Yahweh, the One True God, and we know, I can do everything through Him who gives me strength (Philippians 4:13).

The battle may be ours, but the war is His...and He has already won.

Take care & be God's.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU...TO NOT BE SILENT!

Unless the LORD had helped me, I would soon have died.
Psalm 94:17, NLT

What do you think this verse is all about? Certainly sounds simple and straight- forward. Or is it? I chose this particular translation because despite best intentions, it probably does the least in telling us the message behind the ancient Hebrew words. Here's what I mean

"Unless" is better translated as an emphatic Except for. "the LORD" is actually YHWH (Yahweh), the proper name for the One True God. "had helped" is from two words which mean help and belonging to. "me" is not in the original text at all. "I" encompasses the whole person. "soon" is correct, though some translations use almost. But "would have died" deviates significantly from the Hebrew words which refer to a remaining or continuing condition that is not about death, but silence.

Putting this together, we discover a deeper message: Except for help belonging to the One True God, I and all that is me - spiritual, mental, emotional, physical - would soon have caused continuing silence.

Just a little different, isn't it? Not understanding the meanings and use of these words can cause confusion. And it's not that the first message is wrong, but that there's so much more. God is not simply telling us what the psalmist believed. He's sending us a message - a warning - about being silent.

The other day I saw a news report titled "Chick-fil-A CEO slams gay marriage". But the media had lied. Dan Cathey did not "slam" gay marriage. That word, as they know, implies a vehement attack. He simply answered a question, saying in part, "We are very much supportive of the family - the biblical definition of the family unit...We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles."

What followed were cries of outrage and calls to boycott his restaurants. It wasn't that they simply disagree with Mr. Cathey. They do not want to live in a country where others can share their values or operate on biblical principles. They do not respect those with beliefs different from their own nor want to discuss them. What they want is for those who disagree with them to remain and continue in silence.

We live in an age where people try to force their position on others and prevent anyone from opposing them. They alone want to be the ones who speak, keeping everyone else silent. We find this from dictatorships and other oppressive governments to universities and colleges, even within the doctrine of some religions.

But we who follow God cannot be silent. We are called to seek, understand, and share. Jesus commanded, What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs (Matthew 10:27).

But how can we do this in the face of so many who vehemently, sometimes violently, want to keep us silent? As the psalmist wrote, we look to the help that belongs to Yahweh, the One True God, and we know, I can do everything through Him who gives me strength (Philippians 4:13).

The battle may be ours, but the war is His...and He has already won.

Take care & be God's.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 01 Apr 2023, 3:31 pm

Grandma's Hands

Grandma, some ninety plus years, sat feebly on the patio bench. She didn't move, just sat with her head down staring at her hands.
When I sat down beside her she didn't acknowledge my presence and the longer I sat I wondered if she was OK. Finally, not really wanting to disturb her but wanting to check on her at the same time, I asked her if she was OK. She raised her head and looked at me and smiled. 'Yes, I'm fine, thank you for asking,' she said in a clear voice strong.

'I didn't mean to disturb you, grandma, but you were just sitting here staring at your hands and I wanted to make sure you were OK,' I explained to her.

'Have you ever looked at your hands,' she asked. 'I mean really looked at your hands?'

I slowly opened my hands and stared down at them. I turned them over, palms up and then palms down. No, I guess I had never really looked at my hands as I tried to figure out the point she was making.

Grandma smiled and related this story: 'Stop and think for a moment about the hands you have, how they have served you well throughout your years. These hands, though wrinkled shriveled and weak have been the tools I have used all my life to reach out and grab and embrace life. 'They braced and caught my fall when as a toddler I crashed upon the floor. They put food in my mouth and clothes on my back. As a child, my mother taught me to fold them in prayer. They tied my shoes and pulled on my boots. They held my husband and wiped my tears when he went off to war.

'They have been dirty, scraped and raw, swollen and bent. They were uneasy and clumsy when I tried to hold my newborn son. Decorated with my wedding band they showed the world that I was married and loved someone special. They wrote my letters to him and trembled and shook when I buried my parents and spouse.
'They have held my children and grandchildren, consoled neighbors, and shook in fists of anger when I didn't understand.
They have covered my face, combed my hair, and washed and cleansed the rest of my body. They have been sticky and wet, bent and broken, dried and raw. And to this day when not much of anything else of me works real well these hands hold me up, lay me down, and again continue to fold in prayer.

'These hands are the mark of where I've been and the ruggedness of life. But more importantly it will be these hands that God will reach out and take when he leads me home. And with my hands He will lift me to His side and there I will use these hands to touch the face of God.

I will never look at my hands the same again. But I remember God reached out and took my grandma's hands and led her home. When my hands are hurt or sore or when I stroke the face of my children and husband I think of grandma. I know she has been stroked and caressed and held by the hands of God.
I, too, want to touch the face of God and feel His hands upon my face.

……Tim (timsinspiration@yahoo.com) by way of ‘Christian Voices’ (christianvoices@att.net)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Mar 2023, 10:12 pm

AN OLD PAIR OF SHOES

I woke up with a stiff and sore back this morning. This was not unusual since my back has given me problems for years now, but today no amount of stretching or moving would loosen it up. Still, I had 5 dogs waiting patiently by the door to go out for their morning walk, so I slowly bent down, put on their leases, and started to pull my shoes on. When I did, though, I saw that my shoes like my body were showing signs of wear. A split along the seam of a sole let me know that it wouldn’t be too long before I would have to replace this pair. I only wished I could replace my back along with them.

Later after walking the dogs, watching the sunrise, eating breakfast, and talking with God I was feeling a lot better on the inside. My back pain had faded too and my smile had returned. It was then that I remembered a letter a friend had sent me recently. Inside of it she had pasted a delightful picture of an old, worn-out pair of work boots sitting on the ground by a porch. Their leather was cracked, their soles were spilt, and their laces were worn, but they still looked great because inside of them someone had planted a beautiful bunch of Impatiens. The flowers had grown tall and strong in spite of their curious container. This picture reminded me again that while my body may feel like a worn out pair of shoes at times, inside of it was a soul that continued to grow everyday in love, joy, peace, happiness, goodness, and oneness with God.

At some point in your life you need to decide who you really are. Are you the body that grows older everyday or are you the soul within it that remains forever young? One day the loving spirit within you will have to step out of its worn out pair of shoes and walk on without them. May it walk lightly along the path of love until it reaches its Heavenly Home. And may it bless everyone it meets along the way..

......Joseph J. Mazzella (joemazzella@frontier.com) by way of 'Christian Voices' (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Mar 2023, 10:10 pm

Charity in Belief

“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10: 23-25 NIV

Gathering together as Christians at church, in small groups, in Bible Study, or in Christian fellowship is important for the strengthening and maintaining of our faith. Christians learn from each other and hold each other accountable in living Jesus’ way. Sharing Christian treasures and insights is a continuing joy for the faithful. Continual fellowship with other Christians helps us to maintain a spirit of love and cooperation And in this time of issues, issues, issues, the balancing wisdom of a gathering of Christian believers is essential in maintaining a kindly outlook towards others who disagree with our beliefs.

This is not to say that we force or bully others into missive cordiality. Instead balanced Christian discussion that airs different ideas and points-of-view Biblically based can give us tempering thoughtfulness and a guide for the formation and dissemination of our ideas. strong our beliefs and ideas, we need to share with others in a spirit of love. Pounding others forcefully with a belligerent version of Bible truth is likely to have the opposite outcome we desire. The Lord may smile at our zeal but regret our hostile aggressive force.

An old country saying used to point out “that you catch more flies with honey” than say vinegar. While we do not want to expound “sugared” down Christianity, we do want to share with calmness, peace, and love,respecting the individuality of others and praying for their Christian growth.

......Mary-Ellen Grisham (eternallyours8@yahoo.com) by way of 'Christian Voices' (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Mar 2023, 10:06 pm

Are You In The Way?

"And he did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief."
(Matthew 13:58)

It sure was frustrating, but it turned out to be my own fault. Let me explain. I was standing in front of the television set trying to get a new DVD to play. The DVD began to play, but when I would walk away, it would abruptly stop playing. The power to the DVD player would turn itself off and the entire screen would go blank.

I walked back to the silly thing and tried it again. And again the process repeated itself. It worked fine for a while, and when I walked away - it shut down once more.

Finally, I was determined to get the thing working right. I stood there and turned the thing on again. (I was getting pretty good at it by now) I watched the FBI copyright warning scroll across the screen. The Menu Window appeared. I selected a scene. I pressed the Play button. And I watched for a full 30 seconds to make certain it really was going to work this time. The movie was now in full swing, so I walked away.

And the power shut itself off and the screen went blank once again! Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! If I had any hair left, I'd pull it out. I looked at my wife -- who by now was bent over laughing herself silly -- and then I looked over at my desk. And then I saw it. I had inadvertently laid my laptop down on top of the DVD remote control. And it was pushing the OFF button. When I walked to the television set to turn the DVD player on, I walked into the path of the remote control, thereby blocking the OFF signal it was sending. Everything worked fine until I moved out of the signal path and the OFF message was once again transmitted. I had gotten in the way -- and that caused my frustration.

You know, sometimes we get in the way of God, don't we? We do it when we have a lack of faith.

In the Bible, we read of a specific incident where the people doubted the power and authority and position of Jesus Christ. And the Word tells us "And He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief." (Matthew 13:58)

I think that happens a lot in our lives today. God wants to do mighty works in, through and around us - but we get in his way by doubting. Think about it. How many times have you heard this... "We've never done it that way before" or "This is how we've always done it in the past." That's another way of saying "We're going to limit what we allow God to do by putting guidelines on how He can work - He's got to do things like we've always done before." Or, how many times have you felt the Lord leading you to do something, but you don't do it because reason says it's illogical and doesn't make any sense at all to us. That's another way of saying "We're going to limit what we allow God to do by only attempting man-sized tasks that make sense to man's logic and can be accomplished by man's ways."
God is a great big God and He wants to do "mighty works" -- but sometimes we get in the way. We think in terms of the traditions we've gotten accustomed to, or we analyze things by man's abilities instead of God's. And then we wonder why the screen goes blank and the power shuts off. Maybe it's because we stopped believing that God can accomplish the miraculous.
Christian, our God is an awesome God. And I believe He wants to do "mighty works" in our midst even today. What about you and I? Will we put our complete faith in Him and see what He will do... or will we get in the way?

......The Daily Encourager (dlangerfeld@harrisburgbaptist.org) by way of 'Christian Voices' (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL Empty LIFE HAPPENS

Post  Admin Thu 23 Feb 2023, 10:35 pm

LIFE HAPPENS
I've heard the phrase, "Life Happens" several times lately and have more than once seen it used as an excuse for not doing what the person knew they should be doing. One family told me that they had always intended on being involved in church, but "life happens" and for the past 40 years they had just been too busy to attend.

Perhaps what folks really mean when they say "life happens," is that there is a change of priorities in their lives, but that happens to all of us doesn't it?

This past week we just finished a great Vacation Bible School with our church. It was full of youth and enthusiasm and in general recharged the spirits of all who were involved, but it also took its toll physically. The day the VBS ended I started getting sick. It just so happened that I had a doctors appointment for my yearly physical in which everything came out great, except for the fact that I was beginning to get sick. The doctor did prescribe medication for me which was a good thing, because the next day I became really sick with a throat and bronchial infection. I told my wife, "I don't have time to be sick," but that wasn't true, I had to make time to be sick, because "life happens," to me. My priorities had to change and instead of ministering to others, I had to be ministered to.

Priorities are funny things, because they do change. We have our plans, our goals, and our priorities in a certain order. We may not write them down, we may just hold them in our minds, but each of us has them. Some folks are so rigid in their lives that if "life happens" they are destroyed, others just go with life, rearrange things and move on.

In our 45 years of marriage my wife and I have changed some of our priorities, we have adjusted to opportunities and challenges through the years because it's true, "life happens." However one priority has never changed. Our number one priority is that of serving God. All of our other priorities revolve around that one key priority. That priority is the key that gives our lives stability and purpose.

That's why when someone calls or comes by when it is time for us to go and meet with our church family there is no conflict in our minds. We know our priorities. When some difficulty or tragedy happens in life there is never a question as to how this will affect our relationship to God, because we know our priorities.

Yes, life happens to each and every one of us, but if you have your priorities right, your spiritual house built on the solid foundation, life will happen, but it will not change what is truly important in your life. Jesus put it this way: "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." (Matthew 7:24-25)

……Russ Lawson, Messages From The Heart by way of ‘Christian Voices’ (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 12 Feb 2023, 10:56 pm

NO MORE CRACKS

So the other night I'm out driving in my car.

I can hear your thoughts already: "Good for you, Chris. What's so special about THAT?"

More than you might think.

You see, for the first time in a long time I could truly see with no impediments. Let me explain...

I've had my car for over 10 years and I liked it then and I still like it now (that in and of itself is pretty rare to find in our culture that emphasizes having the latest "everything"). But it had a problem.

Shortly after I bought it, some nice person's car on the freeway flung a rock to my windshield which produced about a 5-inch curved crack on the lower-left driver's side.

My car insurance at the time would completely pay for a repair, but not a replacement of the window. I made the decision to go ahead and repair it, which basically meant they sealed up the crack. Unfortunately, while it improved the look of the crack some, for the last 9-10 years I've been driving around with this still quite visible crack in my windshield. And every time I looked at it, it really bothered me, but not quite enough I guess to really do anything about it. I just "put up" with it. I came to grips with the fact that this crack was in my life. I settled for the crack.

Well, several days ago, I got in my car to go somewhere and discovered that this crack now extended all the way up my windshield. I'm not positive, but it looked like either a rock or something else hit my windshield actually directly on the old crack (what are the chances?) which then caused the old crack to "break open" again so to speak, and it split most all the way up the windshield. Realizing that this was going to be a serious impediment to my driving ability, I called a windshield replacement service and 4 hours later I had a new windshield on my car for far less than I always thought that it would cost to get a new windshield (one of the reasons I never had looked into it before).

When I next drove my car, what completely took me by surprise is just what a clear view I had. I was majorly thrown off by the now gone old crack. I had gotten used to that old crack and didn't really even realize it. For 9 or 10 years, I saw that old crack every time I looked out my windshield. I had learned to "compensate" for it and just "deal with it". But here, with my new windshield, that crack was gone. And I couldn't believe what I had been missing out on for the last 9-10 years. Smile Life with no crack - it sure is nice. Smile

For the first time in a long time, I had a nice clear view. And all I could think of was: "Why didn't I replace my windshield sooner?" "Why did I put up with this crack for so many years?"

And that got me to thinking. How many times do we "put up" with cracks in areas of our lives? Some deep hurt over here, some unforgiveness over there, repetitive sin here, grief there, bitterness here, rejection there. Cracks of all shapes and sizes.

Oh, we may think we see just fine. "I can still see the road." Perhaps. But the vision is still obstructed - it's not as clear as it could be. There's still always an awareness of the cracks off to the sides. And one day those cracks on the sides might just open up and split directly in front of your eyes, where they can no longer be ignored and you can no longer go forward.

How much better to deal with those cracks before that happens.

As human beings, we are always learning to compensate for things. We get a jolt here, a jolt there, and we adjust and move on. But God doesn't want us to just "adjust" and "put up" with stuff. He doesn't want us to "stuff our stuff". He wants us to bring everything to Him and allow Him to bring healing into our lives.

Each time we get a crack - perhaps the result of some harsh words somebody spoke to us or some hurtful action we did or was done to us - He wants us to come to Him. As we do - as we give him those hurts, as we repent of our sin, as we receive forgiveness or extend forgiveness to others, etc. - we can be "cleaned" and those cracks can actually be removed (not just "repaired").

So, may I ask, what cracks are in your windshield?

Is there a person that you are angry with? Bitter at? Jealous of?

Is there sin that you've committed that you've never really repented of?

Is there hurt that was done to you that still haunts you and defines you?

Is there grief that has stunted your progress and continues to be a major part of your life?

What are YOUR cracks that you've been "putting up" with?

Let's decide that we're no longer going to let stuff that happened to us years ago impact our lives in negative ways now! Let's not put up with those cracks any more!

In Christ Jesus, we can be set free from all bondages of the soul, all hurt, all fear, all anger, etc. John 8:36 tells us that when Jesus sets us free, we are truly free ("So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.") We are set free when we come to Jesus and abide in Him and His words - as we come to know the truth, the truth sets us free (John 8:31-32). And Jesus IS the Truth in the greatest sense
(John 14:6).

Jesus came for the sick and broken. He came for people with cracks. He isn't afraid of those with checkered pasts - he hung out with them when He was here on this earth! (Mark 9:10-13, Luke 19:7) He said that he desires mercy and that he "came not to call the righteous but sinners." (Matthew 9:13).

His hand is extended to you. Will you take it? Will you come to Jesus in faith and allow Him to bring healing to your life? Jesus will not turn you away and will declare to you, just as He declared to so many while here on this earth, "your faith has made you well." Jesus is big on freedom - being loosed from your bonds, and healing. If there's any bitterness, anger, un-forgiveness towards someone else, Jesus tells us to forgive "so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you..." (Mark 11:25). Maybe that seems too hard, but we are told to do it - at the very least, a place to start is just to be honest with Jesus about it seeming too hard and asking Him for help for you to be able to forgive.

To really move forward with Jesus in the way He wants us to, we must deal with our "cracks". Would you right now bring the Lord your "cracks"? Talk to Him. His arms are open, His heart is full of love, and He is listening to you now.

......Chris Long, Laugh & Lift ministries by way of 'Christian Voices' (christianvoices@att.net

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 12 Feb 2023, 10:50 pm

REACHING OUT TO THE LONELY

The story is told about a New York City policeman investigating a case. He made a phone call, but even before he finished dialing, he somehow knew he had made a mistake. He let it ring, though. The phone rang once, twice - then someone picked it up. "You've got the wrong number!" a husky male voice snapped before the line went dead.

Mystified, the policeman dialed again. "I said you got the wrong number!" came the voice. Once more the phone clicked down.

"How could he possibly know I had the wrong number?" the policeman asked himself. A cop is trained to be curious - and concerned. So he dialed a third time. "Hey, c'mon," the voice said. "Is this you again?" "Yeah, it's me. I was wondering how you knew I had the wrong number before I even said anything." "You figure it out!" The phone slammed down.

The policeman sat there for a while, thinking. Then he called the man back. "Did you figure it out yet?" the man asked. "The only thing I can think of is nobody ever calls you." "You got it!" The phone went dead for the fourth time.

Chuckling, the officer dialed the man back. "What do you want now?" asked the man. "I thought I'd call - just to say hello." "Hello? Why?" "Well, if nobody ever calls you, I thought maybe I should."

We live in a world of lonely people (many of them, ironically, surrounded by other lonely people). And all of our technology hasn't made things any better. Today, you can have hundreds of Facebook friends, but not have one person who will be there when you need them or who will listen when you have something to share.

Many in the world are like the Psalmist who said, "I am like a desert owl, like an owl living among the ruins. I lie awake. I am like a lonely bird on a housetop." (Psalm 102:6-7, NCV).

Sometimes, that loneliness expresses itself in a gruffness and an apparent attempt to push people away. In reality, there's an aching desire to know that someone truly cares, that someone loves them unconditionally, and that someone is willing to listen. Jesus reached out to those who were "outcast", experiencing loneliness. May we, as his people, keep our eyes open to those around us every day who live in loneliness, and may we share the love of Christ in a way they may have never seen before.

Have a great day!

......Alan Smith (alansmith.servant@gmail.com) by way of 'Christian Voices' (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Jan 2023, 10:15 pm

PASS IT ON

Growing up in my Grandma’s house as a boy was an experience that would shape me for the rest of my life. We were poor in everything but spirit, yet I learned so much about life there. My Mom, Dad, Nana, two brothers, and I were crowded into a home made from two old shanty cars and several built on rooms.

I always knew what my next set of clothes would look like because I had seen my older brother wearing them the year before. I always knew what we were going be eating in the Winter, because I had weeded it in the garden during the Summer. Still, I never felt poor. No king ever ate as good as we did on Sundays after church when Nana cooked her homemade meatballs, spaghetti, and freshly baked bread.

Even though we had so little I can still remember Dad, Mom, and Nana giving so much. We were always sharing with others. Everyone who visited us could expect a plate of spaghetti, or a mason jar of canned vegetables, or a flower pot full of fresh blossoms to be given to them. I can still remember the sparkle in Mom and Nana’s eyes whenever they passed something on to others. We never felt richer or more blessed than when we shared what God had given us. I learned early on that the greatest joy comes from giving rather than getting. Giving fills your heart with love. Giving fills your soul with God. Giving brings your spirit closer to Heaven.

Don’t be afraid to pass on your blessings, riches, gifts, and talents to others. That is why God gave them to you in the first place. Share everything you have. If you have a beautiful smile then pass it on. If you have a lovely laugh then pass it on. If you have a few extra dollars then pass them on. If you give great hugs then pass them on. If you have a special talent then share it with others. If you have a heart full of love then give it to the everyone. No life is ever truly lived until it becomes a gift in itself, so make your whole life a gift to the world.

……Joseph J. Mazzella ( joemazzella@frontier.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Jan 2023, 10:12 pm

Talking it ‘AND’ Walking it!

Most people who really know me know that I’m a people person, to a fault. I simply enjoy people and can start a conversation with most anyone. The other day my wife, Mary, and I were having lunch at Cracker Barrel and there was a family at a table just across a narrow aisle from us. The husband seemed pleasant but didn’t look away from his table much, but his family did and they were smiling at us and we at them. One of their two small children was playing a game and I began talking with the boy and his mother.

As we were leaving, I went over to the husband and told him it was nice that we could talk with each other across the aisle and that the two families could somewhat interact. He agreed that it was. I then made the comment that it’s too bad the rest of our country couldn’t wake up and do the same. He then looked up at me, smiled and said “God bless you!” I repeated it to him and wished them a blessed day. It was very nice, everyone in the immediate area were smiling, and my heart was filled with joy.

Instances like that are not new. When I served in Vietnam, I met a fellow soldier named Bloodworth. He knew I was returning home for a short period to the same town he and his wife and family are from and he asked me if I would take a gift to his wife for him. I did, and brought a gift from his wife back to him. That, too, brought joy to my heart. To see the sparkle in her eyes and then the appreciation in his eyes. You see, the Bloodworths were a black family. His wife trusted my wife and I in North Carolina where we were unknown to her and where we exchanged their gifts for one another because her husband trusted me.

That’s exactly what I meant in my article in the January 10th issue of ‘Christian Voices’. What are each of us doing to make this a better world. As for the chance get-together at the Cracker Barrel, in just those few minutes at Cracker Barrel, the lives of many were touched. Not just our two families, or others that were seated nearby, but especially the children at the table across from us. They saw their black parents and the white couple from the next table, strangers moments earlier, now exchanging greetings and wishing blessings upon each other. I believe that will be a lasting memory!

God gives us choices and opportunities! What are "you" doing with them.

……Bob, Founder & Publisher, ‘Christian Voices’ (christianvoices@att.net)

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next