World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 41 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 41 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyYesterday at 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyYesterday at 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyYesterday at 11:43 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyYesterday at 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyYesterday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyYesterday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyYesterday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyYesterday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyYesterday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS Empty Re: THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS

Post  Admin Thu 19 Aug 2021, 2:32 pm

TEENAGER

I was at church a few weeks ago and the speaker was talking about his (and all parents) seemingly unquenchable love for their children.  I smiled and reached over and gave my (almost) teenage son a hug, to which he slightly pushed against me as if to suggest “Not here in public, Mom”.  I relented to his caution.  Pondering this, I considered that he never resists me when at home.  I regularly remind him that he is my ‘special treasure’ and hug him, to which he smiles!  But in public he doesn’t want me to do this, and if I do, I might get “Mauauaommm!”  I can only assume he doesn’t want others to see our relationship in public, as somehow he believes they may think something less than he wants them to think of him.

As I thought about this behavior I wondered if I may have acted like a teenager with our Lord.  Do I cherish His love and worship Him in the privacy of my home or with other believers, but am not so anxious to share my faith in public? Or if I come face to face with something that challenges my faith, do I err or the “say nothing” side, so as not to challenge what people might think of me?  In a roomful of unbelievers do I try to “blend in”?  Do I try to be more “like” those around me than to follow my Godly convictions? Ouch!

Consider your response to the world.  God won’t force you, but I think He will smile when you choose Him every day.

So you must never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord. And don’t be ashamed of me, either, even though I’m in prison for Christ. With the strength God gives you, be ready to suffer with me for the proclamation of the Good News. (2 Timothy 1:8 NLT)

For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—Jews first and also Gentiles. This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.” (Romans 1:16-17 NLT)

Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:31-32 NKJV)

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is. (Romans 12:2
NLT)

……as seen in Thursday's Bread by way of ‘Christian Voices’ (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Aug 2021, 2:31 pm

"One body, many parts"
"I need you!"

"Why? Why would anyone need me?"

"We are one body of many parts.

We all need each other in order to make it through those times when life is difficult.

Would you pick up something for me if I could not use my hands?"

"Yes." 

"Then be my hands when I need you."

"If I were headed in the wrong direction would you be my neck and turn me the right way?"

"Yes, I would."

"If I were blind would you be my eyes so I did not fall?

"Yes."

"If I could not stand on my own would you offer yourself to lean on?

"Yes, yes I would."

We are one body, many parts.

"Does your hand need fingers to grasp? I am here to help you hold on."

"Doesn't your head need your neck to turn the right way? I'll show you the way."

"Doesn't your mind need your eyes to see in which direction you are headed? When I see things more clearly than you I'll share what I see."

"Don't your legs need your feet to stand firmly? You can lean on me when you need to."

He pauses. Then asks,

"What about the heart? Mine is broken."

"Do you know of love?

"Yes, I have."

"Love, like the heart, makes all the parts work together. Without it there is no purpose."

"If you would do all of this for me and I for you, there is love, there is purpose, we are one body, many parts."

"I need you."

"I need you, too."

…...Bob Perks (bobperks@comcast.net) by way of ‘Christian Voices’ (christianvoices@att.net).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 24 Jul 2021, 11:24 pm

DUNK NOT
It was a slam dunk. At least, it should have been.

Everyone in the arena knew it as the tall, graceful athlete glided toward the basket. There was no one within 20 feet of him, no obstacle to prevent him from scoring as he had so many times before.

The only question was: what kind of dunk would it be?

A thundering, two-handed power dunk, complete with the obligatory chin-up on the rim? Or a more aesthetically pleasing one-handed dunk, perhaps with a little windmill action, or some over-the-shoulder bravado?

In any case, it was going to be two points for the good guys (read: My Team) at a critical juncture of a close, competitive NBA playoff game. And that was really all that mattered. Mentally, I added two points to our score as I watched the player – My Player -- move into position for a shot that 99 percent of NBA players would slam home 99 percent of the time.

And then the unimaginable happened.

He missed.

Torn between dunking and simply laying the ball in the basket, My Player clanged the ball off the rim. I couldn’t believe it. Never mind that he was running at full speed during a pressure- packed game, with thousands of opposing fans screaming at him to miss. As far as I was concerned there was no excuse for missing such an easy, automatic shot.

"How do you miss that shot?" I moaned to my son-in-law, who was watching the game with me. "A professional does NOT miss that shot, not in a game like this!"

For the rest of the game, I was all over My Player. I groaned at every missed shot, every blown defensive assignment, and every bad pass. There’s no question that he didn’t play a perfect game. 

In fact, he played poorly -- especially after the missed dunk.

But in my mind, every mistake was magnified by the memory of the ball clanging off the rim. By the end of the game, I was prepared to blame the three-point loss on the slam dunk that should have been.

"You’re a pro," I scolded him through the television screen as he walked to the locker room, his head bowed in defeat. "A pro doesn’t make mistakes like that!"

Later that evening I was doing some filing when I paused to re-read a column from several weeks earlier. I winced when I came upon a typo -- at least, I’m pretty sure it was a typo. Did someone slip the word “tje” into the English vocabulary when I wasn’t looking? I didn’t think so.

So I messed up. Instead of "the" I had written "tje." But it was an understandable error. After all, the letters “h” and “j” are right next to each other on the keyboard. Anyone could slip and hit the wrong key. And as for missing the error in the editing process...well, I had been in a great hurry that week.

Besides, anyone reading the column would know that I meant to write "the," not "tje." And I was sure the editors to whom I send the column -- outstanding professionals one and all -- would catch the mistake and fix it before it went into publication.

I had just about rationalized the mistake into oblivion when a local sportscaster began showing highlights from the game. Sure enough, the first clip he showed was My Player missing that easy basket. My stomach started churning all over again until I glanced down at the column in my hands.

My eyes went directly to "tje." And somewhere in the back of my mind I heard a familiar, scolding voice: "You’re a pro. A pro doesn’t make mistakes like that!" Especially not on "the," which should have been... you know... a slam dunk.

I guess it’s true –- we don’t really have a right to expect perfection in others until we’re prepared to expect it in ourselves.

.And not just professionally. This also holds true on the highway, in the grocery store, at the movies and most especially in the home. Unless we can offer ourselves as a perfect example, we ought to be willing to cut each other a lot of slack.

In other words, judge not... even if you dunk not.

…….Joseph Walker (as seen in Heartwarmers) by way of Cup O’Cheer (cupocheer316@yahoo.com) and ‘Christian Voices  (christianvoices@att.net).

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 20 May 2021, 9:33 pm

MY EVERYTHING

“And He will be called Wonderful Counselor,
Mighty God, Everlasting Father,
Prince of Peace” Isaiah 9:6b (NIV)

All the kids and one of my son’s friends were gathered at the table for a bite of lunch.  They were sharing random ideas when the conversation finally found its way to the subject of grandparents. Each child was telling what they called their own grandparent. Tucker’s little friend could not understand why we had such unusual names for all our grandparents.  We have a Mamaw, a Papaw, a Mama Susie, and a Reekarob.  His response was one of frustration, “Why don’t you just called them Grandma and Grandpa.  That is what they are, right?”  “Yes Avery, that is what they are, but we have special names for them because they are so dear to us in so many different ways.” I answered. 

God has many names.  He will always be Jehovah. But other names make Him special to me as well. Those names describe Him in detail - names that define His character and attributes. They give us more reason to praise His holy name!

During high school, there was a time when doctors diagnosed me with Crohn’s disease.  God became my Jehovah-Rophe, my healer. Within weeks of the original diagnosis, there were no signs of the disease to be found. 

From the age of 18 months until 21, I moved numerous times.  The Lord God always had wonderful friends waiting for me.  I never lacked for friends provided by His divine hands.  He was specifically my Jehovah-Jireh (provider) in those days. 

Sarahjane, my second daughter, was born with a low birth weight and was constantly sick. She was in and out of the hospital many times before she was even two years old. You can imagine the stress level in my life.  I began to pray and fast.  In one of those fasting times, God told me she would be fine and not have any permanent effects from the illnesses the doctors could never pinpoint.  God was constantly my Jehovah-Shalom (peace) through it all. 

The names of God are endless.  He is impossible to define, His attributes never ending!  He is my Savior - my King - and I am His daughter.  He is all-sufficient (El Shaddai) and the most high God (El Elyon), my everything and my amen.  He is my Jesus and my Daddy. 

No matter what life holds, take time to acknowledge His name and attributes. As you do, an awareness of who He has been and will be to you becomes the reason we can face today and find strength for every tomorrow.

Power verses:
Exodus 6:3 “I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God
Almighty, but my name the Lord [Jehovah] I did not make myself
known to them.” (NIV)

Exodus 3:14 “God said to Moses, “I am who I am”. (NIV)

Psalm 62:6 “He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress,
I will not be shaken.” (NIV)

Ps. 149:3 “Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; let the people of Zion
be glad of their King. (NIV)

…..Leigh Gray – Speaker Team Proverbs 31, Growthtra by way of Cup O'Cheer (cheer316@sc.rr.com) and ‘Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 20 May 2021, 9:25 pm

For things to change, YOU have to change. For things to get better,
YOU have to get better. For things to improve, YOU have to improve.
When YOU grow, EVERY- THING in your life grows with you. - 
Jim Rohn
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 20 May 2021, 9:24 pm

GIVING

I was part of a medical team working in Haiti at the time of the earthquake in January 2010. During my time there, I learned about real giving. One day my son and I were playing soccer with Haitian children. During a break, we handed out some caramels. One of the boys bit his caramel in half and offered one half to me. I was on my way to eat more than this boy would get in several days, yet he offered me half of what he had.

Our team continued operating the medical clinic after the earthquake, but it wasn’t clear how or when we were going home. We decided that we should begin conserving our food as well as our fuel for the generators. One of our interpreters said he would bring us food from his home if we needed any. He and his five children live in a house smaller than most of our living rooms, and we had more food in our kitchen than his family would eat in two months. His ability to provide food for his own family would soon be in question. Yet he offered us a gift beyond measure. He knew about real giving.

God calls us to be generous stewards of all our gifts. How well are we doing with that?

…..as seen in Inspiration Plus by way of Cup O'Cheer (cheer316@sc.rr.com) and ‘Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 10 May 2021, 10:26 pm

FREEDOM - CAN YOU FEEL IT?

Have you ever seen a hot, dusty child throw off tee-shirt and sandals and run across a beach into the water? Have you ever seen someone who has just received good news do a little dance or twirl – totally oblivious to all around them? Have you yourself felt the freedom of the removal of doubts, worries or fears? If so, then you can relate to the following scripture:.

“Therefore since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us
    throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let
    us run with perseverance, the race set before us.” (Hebrews 12:1)

It is only too easy, or perhaps a human reaction, to hang on to our sins. We ruminate our infractions. We question ourselves – How could I have done such a thing? Why am I having those thoughts? What is wrong with me? And on we go, digging deeper and deeper into the pit.

Instead, scripture tells us to throw off the sin that entangles us. Toss it aside, never to be picked up. Focus on the goal ahead and run for it. God has forgiven us when we confess, and He has already forgotten our sin. He is right with us urging us forward in total freedom. The voice that hinders our race, that insists we are not worth it, that we have totally blown our relationship with God, is the enemy of our souls. He would have us wallow in the darkness of our sin BUT God says, “ No – You are my beloved, forgiven child. Move forward into the light.” How wonderful is that!

The next time we feel burdened by sin and dark thoughts, let’s look up. That great cloud of witnesses is cheering us on. Throw off the gloom and soar as an eagle into the light of God’s forgiving grace. That is His gift to His children and it’s ours for the taking.

…….Pat Earl (brian.earl@sympatico.ca) by way of ‘Christian Voices’ (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Apr 2021, 9:02 pm

WE DIDN’T THINK IT MATTERED

The youth director wanted to teach his class of high schools the Bible lesson about Jesus washing His disciples’ feet. He gathered them together one Saturday morning and told them the story from John 13. Then he sent them out in small teams to discover practical ways they could be servants to others. “If Jesus were here for just two hours, what would He do?” was what he told them to think about.
The young people agreed to meet back at the church in two hours to compare notes.
One team did two hours of yard work for an elderly man. Another group delivered ice cream treats to several widows in the church. A third team visited a church member who was hospitalized. Another visited the local nursing home and sang for the residents.
The last team surprised the group. They went to their rival church, the church with the youth group they always tried to defeat when they played softball. They asked the pastor if there was anyone in his church who needed help. He sent them to an elderly woman. The kids mowed her grass, raked her yard and trimmed hedges.
 As they left, the woman called, “You kids from my church are the best!”
As they gave their report, the youth director said, “You did tell her which church you were from, didn’t you?”
“No,” the team leader replied. “We didn’t think it mattered.”
.....The Timothy Report (www.timothyreport.com) by way of 'Christian Voices' (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 25 Feb 2021, 10:34 pm

FROM LIFE TO LIFE

Born in a stable, the Messiah,
Came to save the lost.
He never wavered from His task,
Or stopped to count the cost.

His teachings said, “Love the Lord,
And your neighbor, too,
And give unselfishly to those,
Less fortunate than you.”

He was arrested, falsely accused, beaten,
And never raised a hand,
He even prayed, “Forgive them,
For they don’t understand”.

He was crucified upon a cross,
Oh, such agony!
He did it all in total love,
For sinners like you and me.

Then from the grave He arose.
Death He overcame,
With the promise of eternal life,
To all who believe and call upon His name.

…..Lew Pearce by way of ‘Christian Voices’ (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 02 Feb 2021, 9:47 pm

BUILDING FIRES IN THEIR HEARTS

You may have never heard of Horace Traubel, but if you have ever been involved in arts and crafts, or have items of that sort in your home, you may be interested to know that he was highly involved in getting the arts and crafts movement started here in America in the late nineteenth century. He died at age 60 after suffering several heart attacks, and as the hearse containing his body rolled up outside the church in New York City for the funeral, the church burst into flames.

Interestingly, he had once written, “If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires.”

Here is why this is important. The parent or grandparent who is more interested in training their children for Christ instead of accumulating piles of stuff will be the one who builds fires of curiosity about God in the hearts of their children. They will use odd moments or experiences through the day to teach their children about God and His wondrous works. A spider’s web, a singing bird, the death of a family pet, or as they get older, current events or things that happen in the course of their day, can be the spark that builds a blazing fire in their hearts for God.

……Rocky Henriques (www.timothyreport.com) by way of ‘Christian Voices’ (christianvoices@att.net)

NOT WHAT THEY APPEAR TO BE (12 Matthew 24:4-5)

Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in
my name, claiming, 'I am the Messiah,' and will deceive many." (NIV)

Northern Arizona is a beautiful land - open grasslands, oak and aspen thickets, and towering Ponderosa pines. Also located in northern Arizona are a couple of my favorite places, Mormon Lake and Stoneman Lake, both beautiful, and both bone dry. Anyone looking at a map would expect to see bodies of water at these locations; and they would be correct under normal circumstances. But, we've been in a ten-year drought in Arizona, and things aren't normal.

In this passage, I believe that Jesus was giving us a warning that things are not always true or as they appear to be. Only His Word is true and trustworthy; and, when He returns, we'll know it as there will be no doubt about His identity. But, in the meantime, many false teachers will try to claim that they have an alternative way to God other than through the blood of Jesus. Some will even claim to be god, and/or that we, too, can be our own god. Jesus makes it clear in this passage, as well as others, that these false teachers are deceivers and are intent on leading us astray, away from the truth, and the one true God of the Bible.

Anytime you hear a teacher claiming to know the way to God, or to be god, check what he says against the Bible, the Word of the one true God. If the teachings don't square with the Word, if they diminish the role of Jesus, and teach a works-based philosophy to earn salvation, know that you are listening to a deceiver.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. He is the only way to be reconciled to God. His reconciliation is a gift, it cannot be earned.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 17 Jan 2021, 10:19 pm

January 17, 2021

He Makes the Flowers Grow

On my morning walks I always pass a little roadside cafe nestled in a spectacular garden setting. For years, I've stopped to stare at it and enjoy its beauty, nearly an acre of color changing with the seasons. I've often thought that anyone could have a garden
like that, if we only had the same gardening staff employed by this restaurant.

But I'd always walked by too early to see any of the staff at work. One day, however, I couldn't get out for my walk until the afternoon. As I passed the cafe, I saw an elderly man emerge from a garden shed, carrying a tray of begonias. Seeing me as I stood there appreciating the garden, he invited me over for a closer look. I asked him if he was the Head Gardener. 

He shook his head and replied, "Just the assistant."

He explained that he had arrived here 27 years ago, from Hungary, and went to work at the cafe as their cleaning man. In his free time, he tended the restaurant's potted geraniums. At that time they were the only flowers in the garden. 

When he saw that the geraniums thrived, the owner allowed his custodian to plant some rosebushes.

My puzzlement grew as this old gardener explained to me how, year after year, he'd plant just a little more. A lilac here, a marigold there, a patch of tulips near the parking lot, until the garden had become the showplace it is today.

And I asked wonderingly, if he had done all this, "what does the Head Gardener do?"

The old Hungarian smiled and looked heavenward, then happily said, "He makes the flowers grow."  

……by Elizabeth Sherrill (via Guideposts Greetings) by way of Pat Kaine (docsdailychuckle@associate.com) by way of ‘ChristianVoices’ (christianvoices@att.net)  

OATMEAL

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
                                                Psalm 51:10 (NKJV)

I am sure that by today's title, readers are thinking to themselves either "ughh" or "great". I am in the "ughh" camp when it comes to oatmeal. As we were growing up, mom tried all kinds of ways to get us to eat oatmeal. She made every kind that was available. No matter what she did, I always rejected it. I grew up with it in my mind that I did not like oatmeal, and there was no way that I was going to try it again. Rejection of oatmeal was firmly engrained in my mind.

When it came time to give our sons breakfast, oatmeal was not on the menu. They were, however, given it by their grandparents, and they liked it. In my place of employment, we use oatmeal, and I have made it many times. With the lifestyle changes that I have made in regards to eating and living more healthily, I am finding that my mindset is also changing, even to the extent that, to my surprise, as I was preparing oatmeal at work, I remarked on how good it smelled. The staff person with whom I was working said that she loved oatmeal. I told her that I didn't. I had no sooner said this than I began to think, maybe I should try it now. Well, I did, and much to my surprise, I like it, and now, I am having it regularly for breakfast. What I once rejected, I have now accepted into my life.

I also once rejected Jesus from my life, but then an event happened that changed this to acceptance. All of us know someone who is currently rejecting Him, and we wonder how we can bring such people into a relationship with Him. Just as with the oatmeal that
I rejected, Jesus is still there, and our friends have access to Him in many different ways that can lead to a change in attitude towards Him. We need to share our faith with people, pray for them, and be open about who He is in our lives and what He has done for us.

Unknown by way of ‘Christian Voices’ (christianvoices@att.netgiad)

FREEDOM - CAN YOU FEEL IT?

Have you ever seen a hot, dusty child throw off tee-shirt and sandals and run across a beach into the water? Have you ever seen someone who has just received good news do a little dance or twirl – totally oblivious to all around them? Have you yourself felt the freedom of the removal of doubts, worries or fears? If so, then you can relate to the following scripture.

“Therefore since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance, the race set before us.” (Hebrews 12:1)

It is only too easy, or perhaps a human reaction, to hang on to our sins. We ruminate our infractions. We question ourselves – How could I have done such a thing? Why am I having those thoughts? What is wrong with me? And on we go, digging deeper and deeper into the pit.

Instead, scripture tells us to throw off the sin that entangles us. Toss it aside, never to be picked up. Focus on the goal ahead and run for it. God has forgiven us when we confess, and He has already forgotten our sin. He is right with us urging us forward in total freedom. The voice that hinders our race, that insists we are not worth it, that we have totally blown our relationship with God, is the enemy of our souls. He would have us wallow in the darkness of our sin BUT God says, “ No – You are my beloved, forgiven child. Move forward into the light.” How wonderful is that!

The next time we feel burdened by sin and dark thoughts, let’s look up. That great cloud of witnesses is cheering us on. Throw off the gloom and soar as an eagle into the light of God’s forgiving grace. That is His gift to His children and it’s ours for the taking.

……Pat Earl (brian.earl@sympatico.ca) by way of ‘Christian Voices’ (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 11 Nov 2020, 3:39 pm

PREPARING GOD IS YOU TODAY -
FOR SOMETHING GREATER TOMORROW!

For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ
Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined
(planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of
time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He
prearranged and made ready for us to live]. —Ephesians 2:10

A traveler was visiting a logging area in the Pacific Northwest and was interested in seeing how the logs that would be used for furniture were chosen. As the logs came down the stream, the logger would suddenly reach out and hook one, pull it up, and then set it down. He would sometimes wait for a few minutes before grabbing another. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to his choices.

After a while, the visitor said to him, "I don't understand what you're doing."

"These logs may all look alike to you," the logger said, "But I can recognize that a few of them are quite different. The ones that I let pass came from trees that grew in a valley. They were always protected from the storms. The grain is rather coarse.

"The logs that I pulled aside are from high up on the mountain, where they were beaten by strong winds from the time they were quite small. That toughens the trees and gives them a fine grain. We save these logs for choice work. They're too good to be used
for ordinary lumber."

Ask Peter or Joseph

It was through the trying and testing that the logs were prepared for choice work.

The same could be said of us as Christians. If you were to ask Moses how he became who he was, he would remind you of his trials with Pharaoh and his times of testing in the wilderness. If you were to ask Joseph, he would most likely refer back to his years as a slave, his imprisonment on a false accusation, and his imprisonment in Pharaoh's dungeon. Talk to Peter, and he would probably point back to his denial and how he learned many difficult yet important lessons.

Maybe you find yourself facing something similar in your life today. Maybe God is preparing you for a choice work.

……as seen in Devotions With Greg Laurie by way of Cup O'Cheer (cheer316@sc.rr.com) and “Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 11 Nov 2020, 3:36 pm

Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old
he will not depart from it. (Prov. 22:6 NKJV)

Be careful with this verse. Don’t interpret it to mean “If I put my kids on the right path, they’ll never leave it. If I fill them full of Scripture and Bible lessons and sermons, they may rebel, but they’ll eventually return.”

The proverb makes no such promise. Salvation is a work of God. Godly parents can prepare the soil and sow the seed, but God gives the growth (1 Cor. 3:6). Moms and dads soften hearts but can’t control them.

Show them the path? Yes.
Force them to take it? No.

At moments in my own life I stood at the crossroads of the path and even took a few steps down the wrong one. One thing always brought me back—that inner compass shown to me by my Christ-loving parents.

No child ever leaves God’s sight. A child may turn his back on God or try to hide from his sight. But leave God’s view? Impossible. God has his eye on every child of his.

The Holy Spirit will follow your child down every back road, every dark alley, every dead end and always remind him of the foundation of belief you showed him—the road back home.

My wife shares this verse with the parents of prodigals. It is a good one for you: “The Lord says, ‘This is my agreement with these people: My Spirit and my words that I give you will never leave you or your children or your grandchildren, now and forever.’” (Is. 59:21 NCV).

……From Max on Life: Answers and Insights to Your Most Important Questions - Copyright (Thomas Nelson, 2011) Max Lucado by way of Cup O’Cheer (cheerc316@sc.rr.com) and “Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 13 Aug 2020, 8:16 pm

USE OF HUMOR IN MINISTRY

Have you ever noticed how much humor ministers use in their sermons and publishable articles? A humorous story or anecdote at the start of a sermon relaxes the listeners and makes them receptive to the Christian message. A funny comment helps to draw back attention at key points throughout a sermon. Laughter helps us to bond with others as we join in a chuckle at our common human condition.

If we share laughter with another, we never forget the occasion or the shared experience. I can remember satisfying laughter as my grandfather used to tell stories of farm life and the antics of my mother and her brothers. I can remember laughter at holidays, at births, even at funerals as the balm of shared humor enhanced or relieved a situation. I can remember scenes with relatives and friends from many, many years ago because laughter was shared.

Appropriate laughter at appropriate times is truly curative and joyful. Of course, there are times, places, and materials when boisterous humor and frivolity are not appropriate, but the joyful laughter that reveals gladness of heart, shared relationship, common understandings, and genuine humor is indeed freeing and fulfilling. As Ecclesiastes 3:4 points out, there is “a time to laugh.”

Gentle laughter is the perfect antidote for depression and somber mind states. If you know someone who needs a smile, a cheerful word, or a quiet chuckle, be sure to share from the wealth of your spiritual riches with that friend. You’ll both be the better for it!

…..Mary-Ellen Grisham (eternallyours8@yahoo.com) by way of “Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 13 Aug 2020, 8:15 pm

CONSEQUENCES OF UNBELIEF

Several children and some adults in North America have recently suffered from measles. Parents, who don’t believe scientific studies proving vaccination does not cause autism, refuse to have their children vaccinated. Thus, measles has made a comeback. Some folks in the world do not believe there ever was a holocaust, thus causing emotional pain to those who survived the ordeal. Others refuse to believe man ever stepped foot on the moon, holding on to the fallacy that the whole moon adventure was a staged Hollywood style event. There have always been those who believe and those who don’t, no matter the subject, but perhaps the unbelief with the most dire consequence is unbelief in the Word of God.

Matthew 13:58 is an example of the consequences of unbelief: “Now He (Jesus) did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief.”

Jesus was back in Nazareth preaching in the local synagogue. Many were astonished when they heard Him speak and saw Him heal a withered arm and a bent back. Was He not the carpenter who had grown up in their midst? Instead of believing, they were offended and wanted to get rid of Him. From that day to this, there are many who do not believe. They say God’s Word has been written by men and is not infallible truth. They don’t believe in the virgin birth, or in the resurrection of Jesus. They don’t believe that accepting Christ as Savior and Lord is the only way to the Father. Instead, they believe God’s Word was written for a people thousands of years ago; and that as we are an enlightened generation, it doesn’t apply to us.

Are we delaying the work of the Lord because of our unbelief? When we pray and ask God to intervene in any given situation, do we really believe He will or are we just repeating empty words? Do we believe God’s promises are spoken in truth and love and that He will keep His word? Do we really believe we are forgiven and loved by a heavenly Father who created the universe? Speaking to Thomas, Jesus said, “Do not be unbelieving but believing.”(John 0:27b) “Whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” Matt.21:22) “Most assuredly I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.” (John 6:47)

The last statement of Jesus above should give us cause for thought. The consequence of not believing means eternal separation from God. God loves us so much He wants us to be with Him forever. Therefore, He sent Jesus to pay the price for our sin and by believing the truth of His Word we will know we have eternal life. His Word is faithful and true. He desires to do great works among us, to answer our prayers in miraculous ways. Believe it!

“Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)

…..Pat Earl (brian.earl@sympatico.ca) by way of Kim Quiggle (cupocheer316@yahoo.com) and “Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 Aug 2020, 10:18 pm

Unclaimed Inheritance

"I have said to you, 'You shall inherit their land, and I will give it to you to possess, a land flowing with milk and honey.' I am the Lord your God, who has separated you from the peoples." – Leviticus 20:24 NKJV

Government agencies in the United States recently reported that they are holding more than $60 billion in unclaimed property and missing money. In fact, California alone was holding nearly $5 billion in unclaimed property.
These funds have accumulated through unreported changes of address, name changes after marriages or divorces, clerical errors, and other situations. Funds include unclaimed tax refunds, benefit checks from Social Security, mortgage refunds, pension benefits, and bank accounts.
Year after year, these funds continue to accumulate. Yet millions of men and women are not even aware that this money exists and that the government is holding money for them. They just need to claim it.
In a similar way, many Christians have not claimed the inheritance God has prepared for them. We see this when God told His people that they would inherit “a land flowing with milk and honey.” But they had to take action. They would not receive their inheritance unless they took possession of the land. Many did. But some did not.
Today, realize that God has prepared untold blessings for you. But you need to “possess the land” to claim your full inheritance. Don’t be ignorant of how much God desires to bless you. And don’t be content with less than all God has prepared for you. As you read His Word, realize that all of His promises are true for you right now.

Prayer

Father, thank You for the inheritance that You have prepared for me. I claim these blessings! Help me receive all this inheritance. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Extended Reading

Leviticus 20
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 03 Aug 2020, 8:52 pm

LIVING STONES

And you are living stones that God is building into his spiritual
temple. What's more, you are his holy priests. Through the
mediation of Jesus Christ, you offer spiritual sacrifices that please God.
1 Peter 2:5

There is a famous story about a Spartan king who was boasting to a visitor about the walls of Sparta. The visitor looked around, however, and could not see any walls. "You see, in Sparta, every man is a brick," the Spartan king told his guest, pointing to his army. "These are the walls of Sparta."

When it comes to the church, every believer is a brick. And we are described in the Bible as living stones: "And you are living stones that God is building into his spiritual temple . . ." (1 Peter 2:5).

We should not be spectators in the church; we should be participants. It is easy to play armchair quarterback. But it is another thing altogether to be down on the field with the team. And that is where God wants each of us to be.

President Theodore Roosevelt said, "It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming. . . ."

It is easy to stand back and criticize, but the credit goes to the man or woman who goes out and does the work of God's kingdom. Maybe they make a mistake here. Maybe they don't get it right there. But I would rather try and make a mistake than never try at all.

As each part of the body of Christ does its special work, it helps the entire body. The key is every one of us doing our part.

…..as seen in Devotions with Greg Laurie by way of Kim Quiggle (clowndisciple@gmail.com) and “Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Jul 2020, 9:59 pm

THOUGHT PROVOKING

FINDING SUPERNATURAL PATIENCE
AS YOU WAIT ON GOD

We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.  …..Colossians 1:9-12.

Some of the greatest missionaries in the history of our faith were firmly devoted to spreading the seed of God’s Word, and yet had to wait long periods before seeing the fruit of their efforts.

William Carey, for example, labored 7 years before the first Hindu convert was brought to Christ. In western Africa, it was 14 years after the first missionary came before one convert was received into the Christian church. In New Zealand, it took 9 years; and in Tahiti, it was 16 years before the first harvest of souls began.

Thomas à Kempis described that kind of patience in these words:

“He deserves not the name of patient who is only willing to suffer as much as he thinks proper, and for whom he pleases. The truly patient man asks nothing) from whom he suffers, (whether) he accepts it all as from the hand of God, and counts it gain!”

It’s one thing to wait begrudgingly for God’s timing. It’s another to truly show supernatural patience—being joyful and anticipating God to come through in a big way. So when God calls you to wait, remember you’re in good company and trust in Him with joy and eager expectation!

Prayer Challenge

Pray and ask God to give you supernatural patience as you wait for His perfect timing!

…..as seen in Daily Living For Seniors by way of Kim Quiggle (clowndisciple@gmail.com) and “Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)

The young do not know enough to be prudent, and they attempt
the impossible -- and achieve it, generation after generation.
…..Pearl S. Buck

INSPIRATION

DON'T IGNORE THE WARNINGS

"A West Virginia State Trooper stopped a woman for going 15 miles over the speed limit. After he handed her a ticket, she asked him, "Don't you give out warnings?"

"Yes, ma'am," he replied. "They're all up and down the road. They say, 'Speed Limit 55.'" (from Readers Digest, "All In a Day's Work", by Patricia Greenlee)

This story reminds me that one day we will stand before the great Judge. There are many people who expect they will receive merely a "warning" and then they will be given an opportunity to try again. The response on that day will be, "I gave out plenty of warnings -- all through your life -- but you ignored them all."

Remember the rich man in Luke 16 who died and went to Hades? He begged for a messenger to be sent back as a warning to his brothers. The response he got was this:   "They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them....If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead." (Luke 16:29,31)

The warnings are there, all over the road. If we ignore the warnings and live the way we want to live rather than for the glory of God, then we shouldn't be surprised when the punishment is issued on the Last Day.

The warnings are there -- listen and heed them.

Have a great day!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 18 Jul 2020, 8:29 pm

FEAR OF SUCCESS

Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Matthew 28:18–20

One reason we don't evangelize is because of a fear of failure. We don't want to tell someone about Jesus and have them shut us down or blow us off or laugh in our face. But I think there is another reason we don't evangelize: fear of success. Why? We don't know what we would do then. Now what?

It reminds me of when I went fishing years ago with my friend Franklin Graham and caught a bunch of fish. That was the good part. I had never cleaned fish before, so I asked Franklin if he would clean them for me.

"No," he said. "Clean your own fish."

"I have never really done it," I told him.

"So . . . time to learn."

I had to cut the fish open and clean out the fish. The fun part was catching them. But then I had to actually clean them.

We want to go out and tell others about Jesus. But if they believe, are we ready to take the next step? It means taking that person who has accepted Christ under our wing, getting him on his feet spiritually, and showing him an example of what a Christian looks like. And guess what? Then we do it again. That is fulfilling the Great Commission.

Jesus said, "Make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always . . ." (Matthew 28:19–20). That is our job. Every one of us is called to seek to win people to Christ and then disciple them. And then we are to do it again and again and again.

…..as seen in Devotions with Greg Laurie by way of Kim Quiggle (clowndisciple@gmail.com) and “Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 06 Jul 2020, 11:50 pm

INSPIRATION

ATTITUDE OF ENCOURAGEMENT

Let's begin to minister with a secure attitude of encouragement.

EVERYONE needs encouragement. No matter how secure and confident someone may appear, everyone needs to be reassured, built up, and comforted. And we are all called to minister to one another, every day, with encouragement; "But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today" (Hebrews 3:13). Therefore, we are all called to meet one another's need for encouragement.
True encouragement requires us to be "others" oriented: "Consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others" (Philippians 2:3-4). We will never effectively encourage until we begin to look outside our own needs and intentionally examine the needs of others. And our encouragement of others will always be hindered unless we are genuinely excited by the new growth and health we see in others.

1 Thessalonians 2:11-12
"For you know that we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children, encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into His Kingdom and glory."

I was excited when each of my children learned to roll over, and I cheered when they began to crawl. When they started to walk I clapped my hands and beamed with pride, as if my kids were the first in the world to ever move about on two feet. Each small accomplishment was encouraged...and my manhood was never threatened by their progress. I wasn't worried about losing my position within the family, and I had no desire to be the only walker in the house. Every time my children fell, I picked them up and encouraged them with full confidence of their future success.

Our journey with the Lord actually begins long before our day of Salvation as He calls us and draws us to the cross; we would never even seek if He did not first call and soften our heart. This part of the journey (the part which leads us to His secure arms of Salvation) may last MANY years and require encouragement from many different people. But as we place our faith in Jesus for the forgiveness of sin and continue our journey (with all the many hills and valleys), our walk is definitely much easier and enjoyable if we join with others and walk together.

Let's encourage one another with each wonderful step toward Heavenly glory. Let's be proud and excited for the accomplishments of others no matter how great or small. And let's refuse to become threatened when we witness others mature and grow - we are absolutely secure in the love of God (and we really don't want to be the only walker in His Family!). Let's turn our hearts outward and begin to minister with a compassionate, loving, and secure attitude of encouragement.

Have a Christ Centered Day!

…..Steve Troxel (God's Daily Word Ministries) by way of “Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 17 Jun 2020, 11:25 pm

CONSTRUCTION ANGELS

Jim Howell and his son David were in the midst of a construction project, building a 12 by 16 foot utility barn in Jim's back yard, in a country area in northeast Ohio. "I am not in construction," Jim says, "but David, then 20, was working with an Amish construction crew that summer." Both men had built such items through the years, and were at ease around lumber and ladders.

Jim was putting the finishing touches on the peaked roof, leaning over the edge of an old wooden stepladder. "I was a little too high," Jim admits. “And my reaching over and pushing on the peak caused the ladder to go out from under me." The ladder fell, and landed on its sides, which gave way, breaking into large jagged pieces. Jim came crashing down on top of the pile.

David watched, open-mouthed. "He thought I was a goner," Jim admits, without an inch to spare, and he was perfectly fine. Shaken, he crawled out of the broken ladder and looked at it. It was then that he noticed how odd his fall had been.

"If I had landed a little to one side or the other, I would have fallen on the broken wood frame and been injured, perhaps fractured some bones," Jim says. "Two or three inches in either direction and I would have been impaled." But somehow, completely out of control, Jim had fallen onto the only safe spot that existed.

For years Jim has taken a bit of quiet time each morning, to ask God to be with him, and to make known His will, so Jim can better serve Him. And he believes there was some force that guided him directly between those two rungs. "I think God sent an Angel to look after me that day," Jim says. "I know that God does for me what I cannot do for myself." And sometimes sends His angels to do the same.

…..Copyright 2013 by Joan Wester Anderson (http://www.joanwanderson.com) by way of “Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net) Published by Joan Wester Anderson, P.O. Box 127, Prospect Heights, IL 60070. For more stories of God's love, check the blog at Joan’s website.

INSPIRATION

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU PRAY FOR

"And afterward they asked for a king; so God gave them Saul the son of Kish, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, for forty years" Acts 13:21

One of my friends said it yesterday. I had heard it before. I have said it before. "You had better be careful what you ask for (in prayer), you might get it."

Indeed, that is exactly what happened to Israel. All the other nations had kings. Israel had an old prophet. All the other countries had national leaders. Israel had a high priest. Israel asked the aging prophet for a king. They wanted to be like other nations. They wanted a figure they could look to for protection. They wanted a king. (If you remember, Moses said this time would come. He prophesied that they would want a king. He also said that king would lead them in wrong paths.)

So God gave them a king. Saul. He reigned for forty years. He was an
imposing figure, head and shoulders taller than his countrymen. He was strong. He was promoted to king of all Israel -- and he was a failure

As time passed, Israel began to see that their king was just a man with all of man's weaknesses. He may have been strong as an ox, but he was as weak as a hollow tree in spirit. He lacked the mental strength to be a powerful leader. He became overwhelmed with his own authority -- his own ambition. And he fell. And he almost took Israel with him.

We have all been in Israel's position. We want what we want and we want it now! Not only do we want it, but we demand that God provide it. We don't want to wait for it. We don't want to pay the price for it. We don't want to save for it. We want it -- NOW! And God had better come through because if He doesn't we will do it ourselves.

And we pay the price. And that price is much higher than the cost of the thing we want. It is a spiritual price that goes far beyond a few dollars. It saps the soul of strength. It drains the spirit of energy. It taps the resources we have reserved for God's mission, and we suffer for it. We are in pain. We are weakened. Because of our weakness, others begin to suffer with us. We no longer have the spiritual fortitude to help our brother or our sister. Instead we are pulling from them the strength they need for their own battles.

A downward spiral has begun. The trail of smoke can be seen for miles around. Doom and defeat seem eminent. But wait. Inside that hulk of a dying body is a pilot -- no, The Pilot. He has not bailed out yet. He has not given up the ship. He is pulling. He is fighting the battle for us. And He has the strength to pull us out of that fatal nose dive we have forced upon ourselves. At the last moment, the flaming hulk of our life is saved and set on a path to recovery. Not because of our strength, but because of the authority of the One who knows how to save the dying.

Israel had his David. We have our Jesus. Both are redeemers. David saved a dying nation. Jesus saves a dying soul. Behold, your redemption draws near. Hallelujah, Amen and Amen.

…..The Daily Encourager (dlangerfeld@harrisburgbaptist.org) by way of “Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)mple-member-who-said-abortion-law-violates-her-satanic-beliefs/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 03 Jun 2020, 5:34 pm

This life is so full of beautiful moments. All you have to do is open your eyes and your heart to see them. I saw one just the other day. The local elementary school had just let out and I found myself behind a school bus as I was driving home. The bus stopped by a house sitting on top of a hill. A little girl no more than 7 years old hopped down the bus steps and started running up the driveway toward the house. The smile on her face was contagious. Her long hair was bouncing off her shoulders and her pink backpack was trailing behind her as she ran. I looked up the hill to see where she was going and saw her Dad waiting on her. As she got closer and closer her Dad smiled and knelt down to greet her. The second she got to him he wrapped his powerful arms around her and gave her a huge hug.

My eyes watered a bit as I watched this scene and remembered all the times my own children had ran into my arms with smiling faces and loving hearts. Every single hug from them was a fountain of youth and a treasure of joy.

My lovely trip down memory lane was interrupted when I heard the car behind me honk its horn. I saw the school bus quickly pulling away and started to follow it again. I did so, however, with a fuller heart and lighter spirit than I had before. I took that beautiful moment and stored it safely in my soul where I knew it would remain forever.

One day we all will leave this school of learning and love and finally get to go home again. I know that when it is my time that I will sprint from that bus and right into my Heavenly Father’s arms. I know that my smile will be bright and my heart will be light. Enjoy your day here at school then. Teach, love, and learn. But know that one day you will be going home to where the hugs are eternal and the love never ends.

…..Joseph J. Mazzella (Joemazzella@frontier.com) by way of “Christian Voices” (Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)
·
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 31 May 2020, 11:27 pm

God's Thermal of Encouragement
Many of us have experienced that low Spiritual valley where we thought the sun would never shine again. Some were sent quickly into the valley by a very specific event; others drifted slowly to the bottom and can't say by what path they arrived. In either case, we wandered in this gloom until something began to lift us to new heights.

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."  Isaiah 40:29-31
If we find ourself back in the valley today, we must continue to seek Him with all our heart and trust that our thermal is on the way. He has promised to strengthen us and cause us to soar once again! And if we're currently flying high in our communion with God, we must give praise and honor to our Heavenly Father; but we must also recognize there are many others in the valley who desperately need a lift - many who are searching and feeling overcome with darkness. As we soar, we must understand that we are never called to fly alone.
God has chosen to use people to accomplish much of His work on earth. He could have chosen other methods; "If they {the people} keep quiet, the stones will cry out" (Luke 19:40), but He chose us. We are to "encourage one another daily" (Hebrews 3:13). Why? Because there is a valley full of people waiting and hoping for that rising current to lift them up and set them free. We can be a rising current for others with simple words or acts of encouragement which show them God's love and gently lead them back toward His peace.
We have been adopted into the "Family" of God...and our Family needs each other very much! Let's dedicate ourselves to soaring high by worshipping God in absolutely every area of our life. Let's continue to rise to new heights and always look for others in need of God's thermal of encouragement!
…..Steve Troxel (God's Daily Word Ministries) by way of The Daily Encourager and “Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 31 May 2020, 11:19 pm

THOUGHT PROVOKING

REVERANCE

The God we serve is a spiritual being both deserving and desirous of our deepest respect...

Though described in Scripture as a friend to man (Isaiah 41:8; James 2:23), He is not some sort of "good buddy" to joke with or about.

Our God is still on the throne (Psalm 45:6), His ways remain higher than our ways (Isaiah 55:9), and His authoritative Word still promises to judge us in the Last Day (Revelation 20:12).

No measure of self-appointed, flippant familiarity with the God of heaven detracts one bit or whit from His inherent majesty.  Our God is eminently worthy of our reverence, this we must serve Him "acceptably with reverence and godly fear" (Hebrews 12:28). Truly, reverence is the "very first element of religion."

Moreover, our periods of public worship should express this spirit of reverence.  "God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all about Him" (Psalm 89:7). Worship performed "in spirit and in truth" (John 4:24) suggests a demeanor or awe and reverence.

We agree that our worship services should be permeated with expressions of joy and thanksgiving - they should not come to resemble a congregational visit to the dentist; but neither should the reverent worship of our heavenly Father be confused for a carnival or rock concert.  Whether our worship is that offered
during a Sunday morning service, that which involves a lectureship assembly, or that which is engaged in by a zealous throng of your people attending a youth rally - regardless where, when or by whom the worship is performed - it must be characterized by reverence and decorum.  "Let all things be done decently and in order" (1 Corinthians 14:40).

The worship assembly is not the proper setting for screaming, whistling, clapping, and stomping the feet in response to a speaker's message.  We do not gather to pay homage to men, but to worship God.  We do not come together as a football game or a stage-band concert, we come to worship God.  We do not assemble with the intent of being entertained or sensually excited; we come to worship God.  Any assembly of saints with the intent of worshipping and praising the God of heaven should reject that which emphasizes the carnal emotions and minimizes the spiritual man.  An outsider should be able to attend one of our Sunday assemblies, or one of our many youth gatherings, and see a marked difference between the worship of God and the Jay Leno show.

In the realm of worship, "zeal without knowledge" paves a dangerous road toward pagan, flesh-oriented, and riotous assemblies.  Most of our denominational neighbors have long gone this route, with services geared more toward entertaining man than worshipping God.  May we learn to temper our joy in Christ with a Christ-like reverence for things holy.  And may we teach our children so.

…..as seen in KneEmail by way of Cup O’Cheer (cheer316@sc.rr.com) and “Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 26 May 2020, 8:46 pm

MY CUP OVERFLOWS... WITH STUFF

I am the type of person who can't say "No." If somebody is sick or something else comes up and the person can't fulfill their volunteer position at our church, it is my name that comes to mind. If a pot of soup is needed for a luncheon, or a dessert is needed for coffee hour after the service, just call me, and I will be happy to oblige. If you need a ride to church, or a Scripture reader, or someone to assist the pastor or help serve communion, I am there to help out. It's a good thing that I am retired and am able to do these things. It seems that I am busier now than when I was working!

Don't get me wrong. I love doing these volunteer jobs, and it seems that God provides me with the energy and the strength to fulfill all of these volunteer obligations.
Sometimes, I feel that things do get out of hand, and my plate overflows! But there are just too many volunteer jobs to be filled and not enough helpers. Knowing that, I usually cave in and accept to help out.

There is a saying that God never gives us more than we can handle and that with His grace, we can overcome all obstacles. We can do nothing of ourselves, but with God, all things are possible.

1 Corinthians 10:13 - No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it. (NASB)

The other day as I was thinking about all the various responsibilities and jobs that need to be done within a church, I wondered why it is that some people do multiple jobs while others do nothing. Is it that some people, like me, are too quick to volunteer, and others hold back? Or is it that some people wait to be asked first, while others are more forward? I imagined that if most of us did one little volunteer job, the load would be so much easier. Instead of a few volunteer jobs falling onto the plate of one or two people, these duties could be shared among more people.

May each and every one of us, as we are able, help out within our individual congregations to lighten someone else's load.

…..Rosemary Hagedorn, Penetanguishene, Ontario, Canada by way of Cup O'Cheer(cheer316@sc.rr.com) and “Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)

Grandma's Hands

Grandma, some ninety plus years, sat feebly on the patio bench. She didn't move, just sat with her head down staring at her hands.
When I sat down beside her she didn't acknowledge my presence and the longer I sat I wondered if she was OK.
Finally, not really wanting to disturb her but wanting to check on her at the same time, I asked her if she was OK. She raised her head and looked at me and smiled. 'Yes, I'm fine, thank you for asking,' she said in a clear voice strong.
'I didn't mean to disturb you, grandma, but you were just sitting here staring at your hands and I wanted to make sure you were OK,' I explained to her. 'Have you ever looked at your hands,' she asked. 'I mean really looked at your hands?'

I slowly opened my hands and stared down at them. I turned them over, palms up and then palms down. No, I guess I had never really looked at my hands as I tried to figure out the point she was making.

Grandma smiled and related this story: 'Stop and think for a moment about the hands you have, how they have served you well throughout your years. These hands, though wrinkled shriveled and weak have been the tools I have used all my life to reach out and grab and embrace life.'They braced and caught my fall when as a toddler I crashed upon the floor. They put food in my mouth and clothes on my back. As a child, my mother taught me to fold them in prayer. They tied my shoes and pulled on my boots. They held my husband and wiped my tears when he went off to war. 'They have been dirty, scraped and raw, swollen and bent. They were uneasy and clumsy when I tried to hold my newborn son. Decorated with my wedding band they showed the world that I was married and loved someone special.
They wrote my letters to him and trembled and shook when I buried my parents and spouse.
They have covered my face, combed my hair, and washed and cleansed the rest of my body. They have been sticky and wet, bent and broken, dried and raw. And to this day when not much of anything else of me works real well these hands hold me up, lay me down, and again continue to fold in prayer.
'These hands are the mark of where I've been and the ruggedness of life. But more importantly it will be these hands that God will reach out and take when he leads me home. And with my hands He will lift me to His side and there I will use these hands to touch the face of God.
I will never look at my hands the same again. But I remember God reached out and took my grandma's hands and led her home. When my hands are hurt or sore or when I stroke the face of my children and husband I think of grandma. I know she has been stroked and caressed and held by the hands of God.
I, too, want to touch the face of God and feel His hands upon my face.
…..Tim’s Inspiraation (timsinspiration@yahoo.com) by way of “Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)                       
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next