World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» AISH
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:24 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:01 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:14 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:06 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:39 pm by Admin

» Europe resolution on Zelenskyy’s “peace formula”
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:03 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:42 pm by Admin

» Israel Judaica and Roman Hadrian
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 4:34 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 2:33 pm by Admin

» Ancient Hatred Reviving? Vatican
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 12:53 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 12:27 am by Admin

» Buried Facts About The Gaza War
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 11:33 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 10:34 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 10:26 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 10:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 9:44 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 9:26 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 May 2024, 11:25 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 Empty Re: THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL

Post  Admin Wed 25 Jan 2023, 10:10 pm

THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATION

GRANDCHILDREN - TRUST - GOD

“I will trust and not be afraid” - Isaiah 12:2

Two-year-old Max was securely buckled in his seat in Grandpa's pickup truck. He was waiting for Dad and Grandpa to stop talking so he could go for a ride. His mother poked her head in the truck and said, "Where are you going, Max?"

"Not know," he replied, raising his little arms.

"What are you going to do?" she asked. "Not know," came the answer again.

"Well," she asked, "do you want to come back in the house with me?"
"No!" came the quick reply as he settled himself more firmly, waiting to begin his adventure.

"That little boy taught me a lesson I needed right then," his mother Sheryl told me later. "He didn't know where he was going or what he was going to do, but he trusted Grandpa completely. Max's confidence in Grandpa is the kind of trust I need in my heavenly Father."

If you are in one of those periods of life when you don't know what lies ahead, or you don't know what to do about some critical issue, it might help to think about it that way. God wants you to have the confidence in Him to say, like the prophet Isaiah, "I will trust and not be afraid".

……Timothy Williams by way of The Daily Encourager (thedailyencourager@harrisburgonline.org) and Christian Voices (christianvoices@christianvoices@att.net)

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 Empty Re: THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL

Post  Admin Fri 20 Jan 2023, 7:44 pm

https://aish.com/roger-moore-the-bond-with-heart/?src=ac
Roger Moore: The Bond with Heart

TRENDING
Empower Your Jewish Journey
Enter your email address
GET OUR EMAILS
Our privacy policy
Advertisements
by Avi Ciment
January 16, 2023
4 min read

How the actor changed one child’s life.

When I was seven years old my parents took us on a road trip to Sarasota, Fl. Our hotel just happened to be adjacent to the beach house of a famed quarterback of the Miami Dolphins. There was no one bigger in my world, so naturally, we knocked on his door and asked for a picture with our new Polaroid camera.

I’ll never forget his response: “I’m really too busy.”

Even after pleading, he still refused and simply scribbled his name on a small piece of paper, which I naturally lost on my way back to the hotel. Even at the tender age of seven, I realized that this man could’ve been nicer. Fifteen seconds could have given a kid a lot of joy for a lifetime, but instead a golden opportunity was lost.

I recently read a story about a young boy who was traveling in Nice when he spotted actor Roger Moore, aka James Bond, in the airport lounge. He asked his grandfather to get an autograph which he did, yet when his grandson saw the name, he was confused because it wasn't signed James Bond.

SUBSCRIBE
Our weekly email is chockful of interesting and relevant insights into Jewish history, food, philosophy, current events, holidays and more...

Enter your email address
GET OUR EMAILS
Embarrassed, the grandfather explained to Roger Moore that he signed the wrong name. Surveying the situation, Moore called the little boy over, and quietly whispered, "I have to sign my name Roger Moore because otherwise, Blofeld (Bond's lifelong nemesis) could find out I was here." He then asked the boy not to tell anyone that he saw him, and thanked him for keeping his secret.

Naturally, the child was elated beyond words as he was now an integral part of Bond’s secret mission.

Fast forward many years later and this little boy grew up and became a scriptwriter on a recording that involved UNICEF, and who else but Roger Moore, the ambassador of UNICEF, walks into the studio. While the cameramen were setting up, he reminded Roger of the story of their first meeting in Nice. Roger said he didn't recall the incident but was very charming and wished him well.

After the filming, heading towards his car, Moore approached him, paused, looked both ways, and in a hushed voice said, "Of course I remember our meeting in Nice. But I didn't say anything in there because those cameramen - any one of them could be working for Blofeld."

The young man wrote: "I was as delighted at 30 as I had been at 7. What a man. What a tremendous man."

The difference between these two incidents is palpable. The indelible mark Roger Moore left on this child was so powerful that this story is still circulating on the internet years after his passing. Why? Because he took a few moments to go out of his comfort zone to make someone feel good. Plain and simple.

There’s no question that the Dolphin’s quarterback was busy that Sunday afternoon when I knocked at his door. Yet he failed to see how an extra 15 seconds that wouldn’t have made a difference to his life whatsoever would have made the world of difference to a seven-year-old boy.

Sir Roger Moore, a mega-famous international superstar, took the time to consider the feelings of another person because he chose to see beyond himself. I'm sure it's no coincidence that this characteristic made him the perfect ambassador for an organization providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide.

You have the opportunity to go beyond your comfort zone and effectuate change by making someone else's life better. It may be just a kind hello, inviting someone for a meal, complimenting someone’s hat, or simply listening to someone who’s in pain.

Maya Angelou once noted, "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” Well done Mr. Bond.

A version of this article originally appeared in the Jewish Press
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 17 Jan 2023, 5:17 pm

https://www.crosswalk.com/family/singles/how-should-christians-respond-to-feeling-stuck-in-life.html?
 How Should Christians Respond to Feeling ‘Stuck’ in Life?
Sophia Bricker
Contributing Writer
2023  16 Jan
How Should Christians Respond to Feeling ‘Stuck’ in Life?
Numerous articles and books exist that advise people about what to do when they feel stuck in life. In browsing these resources, people can easily find motivational, self-help messages.

However, these articles and books commonly leave out the God of the Bible. They assume that humans can achieve happiness and contentment through their efforts and ability to change their circumstances.

Although Christians may find some helpful tips from such resources, their response to feeling stuck in life should be different from those who do not know Christ. Sometimes in life, we will feel stuck, as if nothing is changing or going our way.

Our contentment and joy, though, do not come from our circumstances but from Christ. Furthermore, God is still working despite the way we feel.

Instead of trusting in our human effort to accomplish what we think we want in life, Christians need to keep their focus on Jesus and live in faithful obedience to Him.

Remember That God Is Still Working
When a person feels stuck in their current situation, they commonly fixate on the lack of change in their life and that they are not moving forward as they hope.

Christians are not immune to such feelings. In these times, we can easily forget about God and what the Bible says about our situation.

During His earthly ministry, Jesus said that “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working” (John 5:17). God is always working to fulfill His perfect will and plan.

Even in the times when we do not understand or see what He is doing, we can trust that He is working in our situation for our good (Romans 8:28). This truth does not change, even if our feelings tell us otherwise.

In the Bible, we can read about people who were in confining circumstances. For instance, Joseph was imprisoned for years because of false charges (Genesis 39:19-20). He could have easily felt “stuck” since he was physically restricted in one location.

However, Scripture tells us that God was with Joseph, preparing him for his future duties as the head of Egypt (Genesis 39:21-22). Later, upon reflection, Joseph recognized the Lord’s work in his life (see Genesis 45:7-8).

Likewise, Paul was imprisoned in Rome, under house arrest, for two years (Acts 28:16). Again, he could have given in to feelings of discouragement. Instead, he faithfully proclaimed the good news of Jesus Christ (Acts 28:30-31).

God used Paul’s faithful obedience to bring salvation to many people. We can also trust our Lord and Savior even as we deal with negative situations and emotions.

Recognize That Feelings Change
In the Bible, we can read about various emotions, including sorrow (Psalm 119:28), fear (Psalm 55:4-5), anger (Psalm 109), and depression (Psalm 43). Our feelings matter to God, but we should not base truth on emotions.

Feelings fluctuate constantly and are not reliable sources. Instead of allowing feelings of being stuck in life to guide our reactions and decisions, we need to follow the unchanging truth of Scripture.

If there is something in your life that needs to change, then study and meditate on God’s Word. Talk to God about how you feel stuck and frustrated in your present circumstance, pouring your heart out to Him.

We can bring our problems to Him because He cares about us (1 Peter 5:7). Let the Lord guide you and instruct you in the way to go instead of following the whim of a feeling (Psalm 32:8; Proverbs 3:5-6).

Furthermore, we must also recognize that people can feel “stuck” for a variety of reasons. Sometimes a person may have depression, another mental health issue, or a physical health problem that causes them to feel hopeless about their present circumstances.

If this is the case, then seeking proper medical help and counseling can assist you in finding relief and hope for the future.

Replace Human Striving with Faithful Obedience
Often, when discussing how to stop feeling stuck, self-help articles and books will recommend people take steps toward change.

While intentionally making life changes is positive, Christians must ensure they are seeking to obey the Lord.

Taking steps to actively follow Christ will help believers grow in their faith even as they deal with negative emotions.

Jesus told His disciples that if they loved Him, they would keep His commands (John 14:15). He calls us to faithful obedience, not a life focused on manipulating events to make us comfortable (Matthew 16:24).

When we feel trapped in a circumstance, we may automatically try and find a way out. However, we need to stop and ask ourselves: “What does God want me to do in this situation? How can I obey Him?”

The Lord may use a season of being “stuck” to help us grow by following Him despite the uncomfortable feelings. Scripture never promises us an easy life or one of constant excitement and happiness.

Often, our faith will grow the most in difficult seasons, which is why the Bible describes the process of growing in faith as a refining process (1 Peter 1:7; James 1:2-4).

Therefore, we need to stop and consider how Jesus could use a season of waiting to grow our faith. Making positive changes is helpful, but we should also take steps to obey the Lord. As believers, we are called to follow our Savior.

Instead of trying to manufacture your own desired will in your current season of feeling stuck, consider the ways you can actively obey God, seeking to bring honor to Him (1 Corinthians 10:31; Colossians 3:17).

Refocus on Christ
Finally, when we are discontent with our lives, hoping for things to move forward and to get better, we need to remember that our joy comes from Christ. He gives us enduring peace, which the world cannot promise (John 14:27).

Scripture tells us that the world and everything in it will pass away, which means it cannot give us lasting happiness (1 John 2:17). Hence, finding our contentment and joy in anything other than our relationship with the Savior is foolish.

If we focus on human relationships, opportunities, or items that we do not have, then we will only feel more trapped in our circumstances. We need to keep our focus solidly on Christ.

As Hebrews 12:2 reminds us, “Let us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from beginning to end. He did not give up because of the cross! On the contrary, because of the joy that was waiting for him, he thought nothing of the disgrace of dying on the cross, and he is now seated at the right side of God's throne” (GNT).

We will experience seasons of waiting where we feel as if we are going nowhere. However, when we focus on Jesus and what He did for us, we can persevere in life (Hebrews 12:1-3). Let us turn our eyes back to our Savior and stop focusing on our frustrations and feelings.

What Does This Mean?
People’s lives are constantly changing. Just because someone feels stuck now does not mean that they will always remain in their current situation. As believers, we need to base our contentment and hope is something more reliable and solid than fluctuating circumstances and emotions.

When we feel stuck, we can find hope and joy in Jesus. He is working in our lives even if we do not understand or “feel” what He is doing.

Instead of trying to control events and create a future we think will make us happy, we need to faithfully obey the Lord. He has a plan for our lives, and we can trust Him in the process. Let us focus on Christ, not on the fears, worries, or desires that overwhelm us.

For further reading:

How Do I Know When God Is Calling Me to Wait?

When Do We Step Out in Faith and When Do We Wait on the Lord?

How Can I Tell if God Is Closing a Door?

Photo Credit: ©iStock/Getty Images Plus/klenova

Sophia Bricker is a freelance writer who enjoys researching and writing articles on biblical and theological topics. In addition to contributing articles about biblical questions as a contract writer, she has also written for Unlocked devotional. She holds a BA in Ministry, a MA in Ministry, and is currently pursuing an MFA in Creative Writing to develop her writing craft. As someone who is passionate about the Bible and faith in Jesus, her mission is to help others learn about Christ and glorify Him in her writing. When she isn’t busy studying or writing, Sophia enjoys spending time with family, reading, drawing, and gardening.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 Empty THE PEACE OF GOD

Post  Admin Sun 08 Jan 2023, 1:53 am

Derek Prince  
THE PEACE OF GOD
I am anxious for nothing, 
   but in everything 
      by prayer and supplication, 
         with thanksgiving, 
I let my requests be made known to God; 
   and the peace of God, 
      which surpasses all understanding, 
guards my heart and mind 
     through Christ Jesus.
Finally, whatever things are true, 
 whatever things are noble, 
  whatever things are just, 
   whatever things are pure, 
    whatever things are lovely, 
     whatever things are of good report, 
if there is any virtue 
  and if there is anything praiseworthy—
I meditate on these things.
Philippians 4:6–8
Therefore having been justified by faith,  
    I have peace with God 
        through my Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:1
WE HAVE the beautiful promise: “The peace of God...will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” But in order to claim the promise, we must fulfill the four conditions that follow, invoking the help of the Holy Spirit.
1. Renounce anxiety. Every time anxiety begins to move in on your mind, refuse it. Say, “I’m justified, just-as-if-I’d never sinned. God holds nothing against me. I have peace with God. God is on my side. All God’s resources are available to me. I refuse to be anxious.”
2. Pray about everything. The old hymn says: “Oh, what peace we often forfeit, / Oh, what needless pain we bear / All because we do not carry / Everything to God in prayer.” Many times, mental peace is not there simply because we do not pray. We get into a problem or a situation and we try to handle it in our own resources without praying and turning to God.
3. Always be thankful. This is absolutely essential. A thankful heart is usually a peaceful heart. An ungrateful person really cannot know true and lasting peace. Ungratefulness is opposite to the nature of God.
4. Think about the right things. Paul tells us what right things are. You have the power to focus your mind on what you wish. You can focus it on the bad and the negative or you can focus it on the good and the up-building.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 22 Dec 2022, 8:58 pm

GOD IS WITH US

"Blessed is the Lord God of Israel, for He has
visited and redeemed His People.” Luke 1:68

Immanuel: God is with us – God came to us. What a staggering thought. It is really the essence of the Christian faith and the Christian life. All other religious ideologies essentially tell you that you must do something: Do this, and you will reach nirvana….Do this, and maybe you will make it to heaven, But Christianity says it is done – done for you at the cross, paid for by the blood of Jesus Christ.

Being a Christian is not merely following a creed; it is having Christ himself live in you and through you, giving you the strength to be the man or woman He has called you to be. Jesus said, “Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:20) and “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5).

The message of Christmas is God with us. That is important to know, especially during those times when we are going through great difficulty. The psalmist said, “If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me” (Psalm 1139:9-10). It is great to know that God is with you wherever you go.

The Bible never teaches that we will have problem-free lives as followers of Christ. But the Bible does teach that we never will be alone. And because of that, we don’t have to be afraid. As Ray Stedman said, “The chief mark of the Christian ought to be the absence of fear and the presence of joy.”

That is the message that this sin-sick world needs to hear: Immanuel – God is with us.

……FW (one of our readers) presented by ‘Christian Voices’ (christianvoices@att.net)

<><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <>< <><  <><  <><
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 22 Dec 2022, 8:55 pm

INSPIRATION and ENCOURAGEMENT

THE CHRISTMAS SCOUT

In spite of the fun and laughter, 13-year-old Frank Wilson was not happy. It was true he had received all the presents he wanted. And he enjoyed the traditional Christmas Eve reunions with relatives for the purpose of exchanging gifts and good wishes. But, Frank was not happy because this was his first Christmas without his brother, Steve, who during the year, had been killed by a reckless driver.

Frank missed his brother and the close companionship they had together. Frank said good-bye to his relatives and explained to his parents that he was leaving a little early to see a friend; and from there he could walk home. Since it was cold outside, Frank put on his new plaid jacket. It was his FAVORITE gift. He placed the other presents on his new sled.

Then Frank headed out, hoping to find the patrol leader of his Boy Scout troop. Frank always felt understood by him. Though rich in wisdom, he lived in the Flats, the section of town where most of the poor lived and his patrol leader did odd jobs to help support his family.

To Frank's disappointment, his friend was not at home. As Frank hiked down the street toward home, he caught glimpses of trees and decorations in many of the small houses. Then, through one front window, he glimpsed a shabby room with limp stockings hanging over an empty fireplace. A woman was seated nearby . . . weeping. The stockings reminded him of the way he and his brother had always hung theirs side by side. The next morning, they would be bursting with presents. A sudden thought struck Frank -- he had not done his "good deed" for the day. Before the impulse passed, he knocked on the door. "Yes?" the sad voice of the woman asked. "May I come in?" asked Frank. "You are very welcome," she said, seeing his sled full of gifts, and assuming he was making a collection, "but I have no food or gifts for you. I have nothing for my own children."

"That's not why I am here," Frank replied. "Please choose whatever presents you would like for your children from the sled." "Why, God bless you!" the amazed woman answered gratefully. She selected some candies, a game, the toy airplane and a puzzle. When she took the Scout flashlight, Frank almost cried out. Finally, the stockings were full.

"Won't you tell me your name?" she asked, as Frank was leaving. Just call me the Christmas Scout," he replied. The visit left Frank touched, and with an unexpected flicker of joy in his heart. He understood that his sorrow was not the only sorrow in the world. Before he left the Flats, he had given away the remainder of his gifts. The plaid jacket had gone to a shivering boy. Now Frank trudged homeward, cold and uneasy. How could he explain to his parents that he had given his presents away?

"Where are your presents, son?" asked his father as Frank entered the house. Frank answered, "I gave them away.""The airplane from Aunt Susan? Your coat from Grandma? Your flashlight? We thought you were happy with your gifts." "I was very happy," the boy answered quietly, "But Frank, how could you be so implusive?” his mother asked. "How will we explain to the relatives who spent so much time and gave so much love shopping for you?" His father was firm. "You made your choice, Frank. We cannot afford any more presents."

With his brother gone, and his family disappointed in him, Frank suddenly felt dreadfully alone. He had not expected a reward for his generosity, for he knew that a good deed always should be its own reward. It would be tarnished otherwise. So, he did not want his gifts back; however, he wondered if he would ever again truly recapture joy in his life. He thought he had this evening, but it had been fleeting. Frank thought of his brother, and sobbed himself to sleep.

The next morning, he came downstairs to find his parents listening to Christmas music on the radio. Then the announcer spoke: "Merry Christmas, everybody! The nicest Christmas story we have this morning comes from the Flats. A crippled boy down there has a new sled this morning, another youngster has a fine plaid jacket, and several families report that their children were made happy last night by gifts from a teenage boy who simply called himself the Christmas Scout. No one could identify him, but the children of the Flats claim that the Christmas Scout was a personal representative of old Santa Claus himself. "Frank felt his father's arms go around his shoulders, and he saw his mother smiling through her tears. "Why didn't you tell us? We didn't understand. We are so proud of you, son."

The carols came over the air again filling the room with music: " praises sing to God the King, and peace to men on Earth."

The Christmas Scout's sacrifice gives us a little peek at the sacrifice of the Father when He gave up His Best, His Son to be born to die to pay for our sins on the cross, to save His needy people from their sinful poverty of righteousness. "I have showed you all things, how that so laboring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive'." Acts 20:35

"But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."  Matthew 6:3-4 (NIV)
 ]
……©2011 Tim Levin (http://www.timsinspiration.com by way of ‘Christian Voices’
 (christianvoices@att.net)    

<><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <>< <><  <><
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Mar 2020, 8:58 pm

If you knocked on heaven’s door, would Jesus even know you?

THOUGHT PROVOKING

HOUSE WORSHIP

That day about three thousand took him at his word, were baptized and were signed up. They committed themselves to the teaching of the apostles, the life together, the common meal, and the prayers. Everyone around was in awe—all those wonders and signs done through the apostles! And all the believers lived in a wonderful harmony, holding everything in common. They sold whatever they owned and pooled their resources so that each person’s need was met. They followed a daily discipline of worship in the Temple followed by meals at home, every meal a celebration, exuberant and joyful, as they praised God. People in general liked what they saw. Every day their number grew as God added those who were saved. (Acts 2:42-47, MSG)

In this passage we see the events leading to Pentecost, while Peter preached this message, it led to revival and the winning of 3,000 souls to the Kingdom of God. It also led to the establishment of “house worship.’ In the house worship setting we see that there was the fellowship of the believers led by apostles or leaders.

The new believers were devoted to the leaders teaching for they knew what Christ had taught them and they were speaking words of truth. They had fellowship, which included eating, praying for each other and shared with each other whatever they had. During this time they were filled with God’s wonderous works and allowed God to work through them, for miracles were a common happening as they met together. And yet, more astonishingly, there was agreement on all things, no matter if it was social or spiritual issues.

Why is this important for us? It is important because it is a building foundation for Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit. God was doing these things by the power of the Holy Spirit. When we listen to the leading of the Holy Spirit in our lives, we can experience the same atmosphere between believers as the Early Church did. We will have the same results as we see in verses 46b and 47: “They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.”

…..Edd Wilder (revedd2@aol.com) by way of (ChristianVoices@christianvoices@att.net)    

If Jesus was a virus, would you test ‘positive’?

Every minute someone leaves this world behind. 
We are all in “the line” without knowing it. 
We never know how many people are before us. 
We can not move to the back of the line. 
We can not step out of the line.
We can not avoid the line.

So while we wait in line...

Make moments count. 
Make priorities. 
Make the time. 
Make your gifts known. 
Make a nobody feel like a somebody. 
Make your voice heard. 
Make the small things big. 
Make someone smile. 
Make the change. 
Make up. 
Make peace. 
Make sure to tell your people they are loved. 
Make sure to have no regrets. 
Make sure you are ready.

…..Tim’s Inspiration (timlevin@gmail.com) by way of “Christian Voices (christianvoices@att.net)

When was the last time you opened your heart and talked with Jesus?

INSPIRATIONAL

BE ENCOURAGED - THE LORD IS GOOD
Have you ever been in need of an encouraging word from God and gone to the book of Nahum looking for it? I didn`t think so; neither have I. Well, surprise, surprise, there is certainly one there, and God led me to it this morning – Nahum 1:7, which reads, “The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him.”

Isn't that good? Well, it gets better when you dig into it a little. There are three things I want to share with you from this little obscure verse...

THE LORD IS GOOD

“The Lord is Good” - period. Everything about God is good, including everything that is related to me - His thoughts about me, His plans for me, His actions toward me, His guidance in me, His blessings to me, His protection of me, His purposes fulfilled through me and His ordained circumstances that surround me at this very moment in my life. They may not look good, seem good, sound good or feel good – but because they are ordained of God, they ARE good. Colossians 3:3 says that “your life is hid with Christ in God”. Every detail of your life is contained in Him, including your present circumstances, trials, needs, etc.

When I first woke up this morning and looked at the circumstances facing me today, I did not immediately think of them as good, but when I thought about the fact that every path God has led me down over the past 43 years has brought me to where I am right now, I realized that where I am right now is not just okay, it is good. Why? How? Because, I arrived at where I am today (right in the midst of a BIG storm) by doing all I know to obey the will of God.

Are you in a storm today? Are you in a crisis? Are you facing some very adverse circumstances? Are you going through a severe trial? Well, take heart – it may not seem good, but as part of the “life that is hid with Christ in God", it IS good, if for no other reason than to demonstrate the second point I want to share with you.

THE LORD IS A STRONG HOLD IN THE DAY OF TROUBLE

The words strong hold mean a fortified place, a defense, a refuge. You may very well be in a very tough spot right now, but you are not helpless or hopeless – and – you are not alone. There IS a place for you to go to for comfort, help and assurance. “From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.” The word trouble means adversity, anguish, distress and tribulation. If you have today landed on one of those squares on the board, then you will certainly be encouraged by this third truth from this little verse.
THE LORD KNOWETH THEM THAT TRUST IN HIM

The word, "know", means to understand as a familiar friend. Hebrews 4:15 assures us that, “we have not a high priest (Jesus) who cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities.” Jesus not only knows about and understands your situation, but He even FEELS right along with you. Now, lets look at the word "trust". Here, it means to confide in, have hope in and to take refuge in. He knows them as a close friend who confide in Him, who hope in Him, and who run to Him to find that place of safety.
Are you in trouble? If so, don`t make the mistake of trying to figure it out or work it out on your own. That is a trick of the devil and will only lead to disappointment, frustration, fear and exhaustion. Oh, I know, as a “responsible” person you feel you must DO something. Well, you are right.
What you must DO is go to Jesus, confide in Him and take refuge in Him until the storm passes – and it will. No matter WHAT you are facing today, no matter WHAT your circumstances are, no matter WHAT your need is, you can lift your head in confidence and praise the Name of Our Great God! Why? Because THE LORD IS GOOD – and He is good to YOU!

…..Yours in Jesus, Shad Williams (www.wegotothem.com) by way of “Christian Voices” (christdianvoices@att.net)

When was the last time you told someone about Jesus?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL - Page 2 Empty THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL

Post  Admin Sun 07 Oct 2018, 7:47 pm

THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONAL

WORSHIP FROM THE HEART

A little boy asked his father what was the highest number he had ever counted.  Replying that he didn't know, the father asked his son his highest number.  It was 973.

"Why did you stop there?" wondered the father.

"Because church was over."

I suspect that you have probably sat through worship services where your mind was focused on something just as trivial rather than on God.  It's easy to let the mind wander.  "I can't wait to see the ball game this afternoon."  "I wonder what we're having for lunch."  "I've never noticed before that the carpet down there is starting to unravel a bit."  Is it any wonder that we so often leave the worship assembly with the feeling that it wasn't very meaningful?

Worship should be a time when we are confronted with the majesty and glory of God.  As we reflect on God's power, we realize how much we need Him in our times of weakness.  As we reflect on God's wisdom, we realize how much we need Him in our times of indecision.  As we reflect on God's holiness, we are made aware of our own sinfulness and the need for forgiveness. As we reflect on God's love, we realize the effort God has gone to make that forgiveness available.

It's not a ritual we go through every week.  It is an opportunity to express our praise to the One who means more to us than all the earth. As we truly worship and praise God from the heart, we become more aware of how much we want to live close to Him.  We leave with the challenge to "be holy as He is holy."

"For the LORD is great and greatly to be praised; He is to be feared above all gods.  For all the gods of the peoples are idols, But the LORD made the heavens.  Honor and majesty are before Him; Strength and beauty are in His sanctuary.  Give to the LORD, O families of the peoples, Give to the LORD glory and strength.  Give to the LORD the glory due His name; Bring an offering, and come into His courts.  Oh, worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness! Tremble before Him, all the earth." (Psalm 96:4-9)

Have a great day!

…..Alan Smith (alansmith.servant@gmail.net) Former pastor Helen Street Church of Christ, Fayetteville, North Carolina by way of “Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2