World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 10:07 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 9:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 8:06 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 7:42 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 7:07 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 6:50 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 3:19 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 11:13 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 10:59 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:56 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:23 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 5:18 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:49 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:17 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 3:45 pm by Admin

» Short Video US campus not what you think.
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:50 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:48 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:34 pm by Admin

» Tjurkey suspend dealing with Israel
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:03 pm by Admin

» CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC
Daily Disciples - Page 11 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:01 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 11 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Fri 21 Jan 2022, 4:26 pm

January 21

Today's Reading: Exodus 1; Matthew 14:1-21

Today's Thoughts: To Fear the Lord

But the midwives feared God, and did not do as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the male children alive… Therefore God dealt well with the midwives, and the people multiplied and grew very mighty.  And so it was, because the midwives feared God that He provided households for them. -  Exodus 1:17, 20-21

We all know what it means to have fear. We struggle with the fear of failure, the fear of being alone, and the fear of rejection. These fears bring insecurity and slant our judgment. How can we differentiate between the fears of this life and the fear of the Lord? What is the difference? The term to “fear the Lord” means to “revere or to stand in awe of.” We tend to fear the things that we see and touch, not a God who is invisible. So, we pay more respect to the things of this world than to the Lord who is in control of all these things in the first place.  We have choices that we make every day. Are we trying to please people or are we trying to please the Lord?

From Exodus, we see how the midwives are excellent examples of making the right choice. They were given a direct order from their king, the ruler of all Egypt. These women should have had “the fear of the king” because on earth he was the position of authority. He could command whatever he wanted and had the power to kill those who were disobedient. However, these women chose to “fear the Lord” even though they knew they could be killed. They saw something in the Hebrew people that indicated the existence of a higher authority than Pharaoh. They realized that the Hebrew God is the one true God, in control of life and death. They chose to fear and honor the Lord, even if it meant their own death. 

Sometimes we think that by trying to please people, we are pleasing the Lord. As Christians, are we not suppose to lay down our rights and become servants to all? This is true only when we first lay down our rights to God. We can only begin to understand this concept as we learn what it means to fear the Lord.  He has given us His word to teach us. You may be put in a difficult situation in your home, in your work, or at school. Maybe your husband, or boss or principal has made a decision that goes against your convictions. What are you going to do? Who are you going to live in fear of, man or God? The greatest thing about living in the fear of the Lord is that He will help you. It is not your responsibility to change their decisions but to express your convictions. By choosing to fear Him, He will lead you, guide you and love you through the fearful times. Depend on Him; fear Him. For when all of life is said and done, we all stand before God one day. And there is no doubt whose side we will choose then.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 20 Jan 2022, 3:11 pm

January 20

Today's Reading: Genesis 49; Matthew 13:31-58

Today's Thoughts: God means for Good

When Joseph's brothers saw that their father was dead, they said, "Perhaps Joseph will hate us, and may actually repay us for all the evil which we did to him." So they sent messengers to Joseph, saying, "Before your father died he commanded, saying,  'Thus you shall say to Joseph: "I beg you, please forgive the trespass of your brothers and their sin; for they did evil to you." ' Now, please, forgive the trespass of the servants of the God of your father." And Joseph wept when they spoke to him.  Then his brothers also went and fell down before his face, and they said, "Behold, we are your servants." Joseph said to them, "Do not be afraid, for am I in the place of God?  But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.  Now therefore, do not be afraid; I will provide for you and your little ones." And he comforted them and spoke kindly to them. - Genesis 50:15-21

One of my favorite Bible stories is the story of Joseph. Joseph was one of twelve brothers, all born to Jacob (Israel). From these brothers came the nation of Israel, God's chosen people. God had a plan from the beginning to raise up a nation of His people, a people set apart to be holy and dedicated to Him. The fulfillment of God's plan of redemption, the Messiah, Jesus Christ, would come from this line of people. But early on, attempts would be made to thwart this plan. One such attempt came in the life of Joseph. Jealousy and selfishness led his brothers to sell him to a foreign people where Joseph would eventually end up as a prisoner in Egypt. But God's hand was upon Joseph and through the years of his captivity he found much favor with his superiors, being entrusted ultimately with governing the land of Egypt.  But the day would come when the family would be reunited. How would Joseph receive his brothers who had done such an evil thing to him so many years earlier?

The brothers were afraid that Joseph would avenge their wrongdoing, but instead he forgave them. Verse 20 sums it up: what they meant for evil against Joseph, God meant for good so that many would be saved. God had a plan and that plan was carried out through Joseph. If Joseph had not been in Egypt, the famine that engulfed the land would have killed the entire family. Joseph was the one who would make sure there was enough grain to sustain the land. It was God's plan to spare this family. They were to become His chosen people. It was God's plan to use Joseph. It was God's plan to work for good the evil that Joseph had endured. For us today, God has a plan. Regardless of the evil that comes against us, God can work it together for good. Look to the Lord and ask Him to work all things together for good.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 19 Jan 2022, 3:04 pm

Today's Reading: Genesis 46; Matthew 13:1-30

Today's Thoughts: God’s Ways

Oh, that my ways were steadfast in obeying your decrees! Then I would not be put to shame when I consider all your commands. - Psalms 119:5-6

This psalmist dealt with the same issues of guilt that we have today. When we consider all that God requires, His standard is too high. How is one to follow His ways when God's ways are perfect and we are not? Like the psalmist, we cry out, "Oh, I wish my ways were consistent in following and obeying You. Then I would feel better about myself."

The problem with thinking this way is that God wants us to be thankful for His provision and not think of ourselves any higher than we ought. Jesus provides us with all that we need for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3). It is because of Jesus that we can have a relationship with the Father. When our shortcomings turn our focus to ourselves, we have guilt and condemnation. When our eyes are focused on Jesus, despite our shortcomings, we are thankful to Him. God wants us thankful. He already knows our shortcomings and knows the extent of our ability to sin, but He saved us anyway. And He loves us anyway.

Lately, everywhere I turn in the Bible, I am seeing that God desires a sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving. He wants me to sing to Him in gratitude for all He has done and is doing. The word sacrifice reminds us that giving Him thanks and praise is not easy when we are feeling guilty, angry, frustrated, depressed or miserable. But by praising Him during those times, it releases our faith to look to Him instead of to ourselves.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 18 Jan 2022, 5:32 pm

Daily Disciples Devotional
Daily Disciples - January 18
Jan 18
January 18

Today's Reading: Genesis 43; Matthew 12:24-50

Today's Thoughts: What’s in Your Heart?

So Judah and his brothers came to Joseph's house, and he was still there; and they fell before him on the ground. And Joseph said to them, "What deed is this you have done? Did you not know that such a man as I can certainly practice divination?" Then Judah said, "What shall we say to my lord? What shall we speak? Or how shall we clear ourselves? God has found out the iniquity of your servants; here we are, my lord's slaves, both we and he also with whom the cup was found." But he said, "Far be it from me that I should do so; the man in whose hand the cup was found, he shall be my slave. And as for you, go up in peace to your father." - Genesis 44:14-17

What kind of response do you think Joseph was looking for? He placed his cup into the pouch of his brother, Benjamin (the only brother that had the same mother). Did Joseph want to reveal his identity to Benjamin alone or was he testing the hearts of the brothers to see if they had changed after all of these years? Both Joseph and Benjamin were their father’s favorite children because they were born by the mother Jacob loved most. Favoritism does bring about jealousy, resentment and bitterness but the brothers were still responsible for their own behavior before God. After all these years, Joseph probably wondered what his other brothers thought of their actions in selling him. Did they regret it? Would they do it again? Were they treating Benjamin the same way?

Now, that God had given Joseph the upper hand, Joseph patiently and wisely tested his brothers to discern what was in their hearts. Judah said, “God has found out the iniquity of your servants.” In other words, he was acknowledging that the brothers deserve to be treated as slaves for the sin they had been hiding all these years in selling Joseph as a slave.

Because God exists and He is just, what goes around, comes around. We truly do reap what we sow and these boys knew it firsthand. God is willing to forgive and we find Joseph acting like the God he trusts in. 

I pray that we all may have the heart of both types of men:

Joseph – being willing to forgive

The brothers – being willing to openly and honestly confess and repent for wrongdoing against God and others.

God tests our hearts because He wants us to know what is in them. He already knows and He is so gracious to forgive as soon as we are willing to confess.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 17 Jan 2022, 4:22 pm

January 17

Today's Reading: Genesis 41; Matthew 12:1-23

Today's Thoughts: Pray Without Ceasing

Pray without ceasing. - 1 Thessalonians 5:17

How do we do that? Well, I studied prayer for a while as if it were a science. I read about men who were known to be prayer warriors. But I noticed that by the end of their lives, many of them said that the one regret they had was that they didn’t pray enough. Immediately I prayed, “Oh Lord, don’t let that happen to me. Do not let anyone quote me saying that. Teach me to pray without ceasing. Teach me to tap into Your heart at the mall as much as when I am in trouble or in pain. Teach me that You are listening at a rock concert as well as at the beach. Teach me to include You in everything and take nothing for granted. And oh Lord, teach me to thank You for it all.”

God has given us His Holy Spirit on earth and has a will for us that He wants fulfilled on earth as it is in heaven. So, what does it take to have God’s heart so much in mine that He can fulfill His will on earth as it is in heaven with me? Verses like “Ask and it will be given,” “Whatever you ask, it will be given,” allowed me permission to ask for everything. I realized that He was with me wherever I went. He just wanted to be included. He heard my words but knew the desires of my heart. He might not answer my words but He would fulfill the desire. And as time passed, I realized that He placed a lot of those desires in my heart just so He could fulfill them. The key was learning to pinpoint my true motivation. God looks at my heart and He weighs the thoughts and motives of the heart. If I was asking out of selfishness, He didn’t answer. If I told Him that I thought my motive was selfish, He answered. And He would answer those prayers just like I asked. So I got another piece in the puzzle. God rewards honesty.

I could not have learned these lessons without writing out my prayers.  Prayer Journaling helps to clarify your thoughts, intents and motives. Writing allows you to focus and really understand who you are and what you want before the Lord. We have prayer journals that have helped us. And we have instructional CDs to teach you how to get started. Our heart’s desire is that you may learn to pray God’s heart and for you to see heaven open up on earth as He uses you, for we serve an Awesome and Faithful God.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 16 Jan 2022, 3:47 pm

January 16

Today's Reading: Genesis 39; Matthew 11

Today's Thoughts: John’s Doubts

And when John had heard in prison about the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples and said to Him, "Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?" - Matthew 11:2-3

John the Baptist was the forerunner of Jesus. Isaiah 40:3 and Malachi 3:1, he was prophesied as the messenger who would prepare the way for the Messiah. He was the one anointed in his mother’s womb and filled with the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:41), and appointed by God to bear witness of Jesus, the Son of God. John the Baptist was the one who baptized Jesus and witnessed the Holy Spirit’s descent upon Him like a dove (John 1:32). This same John the Baptist is now wondering if this Jesus is the real Messiah. Should he look for someone else? What happened to John? What went wrong with his faith?

The Messiah was expected to come to earth and to set up His kingdom. Jesus, therefore, was the long-awaited King of the Jews. Everyone who believed in Him fully expected the prophecies of His earthly reign to be fulfilled in their day. But Jesus would answer John’s question showing a much different purpose for His coming than what John and the Jewish people expected. Jesus sent back the message that, “The blind see and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them” (Matthew 11:5). Jesus did not come the first time to set up His kingdom; He humbled Himself and died on a cross for our sins. He came as the final sacrifice. Jesus came to serve, not to be served. So John’s expectations were not met, thus, he began to question (or doubt) if Jesus was the true Messiah.

How often do we put Jesus in our box and look to Him to meet our expectations? What happens when Jesus does not meet us the way we think He should? It is in those moments that our faith is tested the most. As humans, we tend to have very short memories. We forget so quickly how real the Lord has been to us, only to experience those moments when we wonder if He was ever real at all. Pray that your faith is strengthened in times of testing. Pray that you do not forget all that Jesus has done in your life. Pray that you never doubt that He is the true Son of God.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 14 Jan 2022, 8:14 pm

January 14

Today's Reading: Genesis 33:1-31; Matthew 10:1-20

Today's Thoughts: Renew Your Mind

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. - Romans 12:1-2

Have you ever found yourself humming or singing a song that is in your mind but you are not sure where it came from? So often, I will walk out of a store with a familiar tune playing in my head. The same thing happens when we watch television. Images from movies and television shows repeatedly play over and over in our minds. The power of sound and visual imagery can dominate us and yet, in many ways, we are somewhat immune to their influence. The entire marketing industry knows that repetitive marketing slogans will lead us to desire and purchase them. Our minds are well-trained in the ways of the world.

As Christians, we need to be aware of the worldly influences that infiltrate our minds. Thoughts tend to build upon each other and that can lead us into ungodly habits and patterns. The devil will tell us that whatever is in our minds is just for us; no one will get hurt, and no one will ever know. But in time, out thoughts will begin to change our behaviors and ultimately, some of those hidden things in our minds will be exposed in our lives. We must guard against these influences from the start. We must be on the offensive at all times. The apostle Paul tells us that we are not to be conformed to this world but to be transformed by the renewing of our minds. Our minds must be renewed daily, moment by moment, and this training begins by keeping certain things out. Make a conscious choice to avoid watching certain programs or movies. Turn off the noise in the car and replace it with music of praise and worship. We need to put things in our minds that glorify our Lord, for He that is in us is greater than he that is in the world.

Is it a sacrifice? Yes. We must present our bodies and minds to be a sacrifice unto God. The best part is that our sacrifice is greatly rewarded in the blessings that come from having a sound mind filled with peace and joy. Ask the Lord to help you today, and pray for His power to overcome the enticing activities of the world. Retrain your mind and your life will change.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 13 Jan 2022, 9:55 pm

Today's Reading: Genesis 31; Matthew 9:18-38

Today's Thoughts: A Changed Heart

And Jacob saw the countenance of Laban, and indeed it was not favorable toward him as before. Then the Lord said to Jacob, "Return to the land of your fathers and to your family, and I will be with you." So Jacob sent and called Rachel and Leah to the field, to his flock, and said to them, "I see your father's countenance, that it is not favorable toward me as before; but the God of my father has been with me. And you know that with all my might I have served your father. Yet your father has deceived me and changed my wages ten times, but God did not allow him to hurt me.   Genesis 31:2-7

God is God and He can change the heart of people for your advantage. Jacob knew that despite all his efforts and hard work, Laban's heart was changing towards him. Jacob described it as "not favorable toward him as before." This would seem like an injustice to Jacob since he had worked for Laban who had deceived him and changed his wages unfairly 10 times. And through it all, Laban was completely blessed because of Jacob. However, for some strange reason, Laban's heart changed towards Jacob and his work. With the unfair treatment and Laban's change of heart, Jacob wanted to move on. Why? Because God wanted Jacob to leave and when leaving, God did not want Jacob to ever look back and regret his decision. So God allowed Laban to test Jacob unfairly and to cause Jacob to desire to leave.

Has this ever happened to you? It happens in all kinds of circumstances where people form close ties that are mutually beneficial. A person's heart can change towards a friend when they fear they are losing something of value, but God can change a heart simply for His purposes, even when the innocent one is treated unfairly. It is hard being the one who is mistreated because the heart of a friend has changed against you. But God knows your heart as well as the heart of your former friend.

If you are finding yourself in this place, completely trust in the Lord. Even though you might not have ever left, He still may change circumstances and hearts to get you to change. Some of us pray for years to have our circumstances change. For others of us, we are so surprised when God intervenes and changes a heart. But if you really examine your prayers, the change should not catch you off guard. God is good like that. You can trust Him. He knows where you need to be and He will perform miracles to get you there. 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Jan 2022, 8:32 pm

Daily Disciples - January 12
2022 Jan 12
January 12

Today's Reading: Genesis 29; Matthew 9:1-17

Today's Thoughts: Division

And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness….Then God said, "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters." Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. - <>Genesis 1:4, 6-7

God is in the business of division. As in creation, He divided whatever was necessary in order to bring order. He divides light and darkness today also. That is why His people are in this world but not of it. God’s children are separated from the world as they are sanctified, or set apart, for the things of God. As Christians, we think of the Lord as One who wants to make “everything ok” or to bring peace to a given situation. However, the Lord Jesus clearly said that He came to divide.

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to 'set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law'; and 'a man's enemies will be those of his own household.' He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.” (Matthew 10:34-39)

If you have troubles with loved ones who don’t know the Lord, be at peace in the Lord. It is the work of the Lord in your life that has changed you so that you feel the division. Your love for your loved ones shouldn’t change, but your heart’s desire to see them come to Christ will set you apart or divide you from them. Keep praying, keep loving and keep your peace in Jesus. He didn’t give peace to the world but brought peace to you individually as He set you apart for Him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Sep 2021, 9:25 pm

September 16

Today’s Reading: Proverbs 25; 2 Corinthians 9

Today’s Thoughts: An Everyday Retreat

And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32

Have you ever attended a weekend church retreat or fellowship outing? It is usually a great time of fellowship filled with a lot of love and laughter. It is an opportunity to meet new friends, share hidden struggles and spend time together. But why do we often wait until we attend such an event to reach out and enjoy others? Why can't we get along like that all the time? In one weekend, we can find out more about a person than after a whole year in church together. What happens at a retreat that causes our barriers to come down and our kind, loving, accepting personalities to come out? There are many burdens carried by people who attend a retreat, but somehow those burdens become a lot lighter by the end. The answer is God.

A retreat is the one place that we incorporate the Lord in everything we do. We sing to the Lord, we learn about the Lord, we talk to others about the Lord, we pray together to the Lord, and we are at a facility that is dedicated to the Lord. It is all about the Lord. We live out Matthew 22:37-40, "Jesus said unto him, 'You shall love the Lord thy God with all of your heart, and with all of your soul, and with all of your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it, you shall love your neighbor as yourself.'"

We need to pray that we can understand this kind of love and kindness all year round. We get busy and focused on our own struggles, trying so hard to make it through the day that we forget others are in need too. But what we are really forgetting is a Who—the Lord. We need to include the Lord in the busyness of our days so that we can represent Him to others. Pray that you can be used by the Lord and that you can incorporate Him in everything you do today. You just might be able to help someone along the way. And, keep going to those retreats—we all need those special weekends with the Lord and with others.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 13 Sep 2021, 11:21 am

<< Daily Disciples Devotional
Daily Disciples - September 13 2021

Today's Reading: Proverbs 16; 2 Corinthians 6

Today's Thoughts: God Has a Way of Balancing Things

When the Lord saw that Leah was unloved, He opened her womb; but Rachel was barren. <>Genesis 29:31

God has a way of balancing the scales. I have seen it with money, with time and, as this verse says, with love. Leah was "unloved" but Rachel was adored by Jacob. Leah had children and Rachel was barren. Not all things are that cut and dry spiritually, but all things are in the hands of the Lord. He is the One who opens and closes wombs. He is the One who determines the day of our birth and knows the day of our death. Moreover, even though Jacob loved Rachel more than he loved Leah, Leah was married to Jacob years longer and Leah was buried with Jacob.  God does not do these things to punish us or hurt us: but to balance us.

While there are blessings, there are also burdens. That balances us. If life here were perfect, would anyone want to go to heaven? Think about it: we all want to go to heaven but no one wants to die, even though life is hard here.  You may not be getting something you have been praying for—a long time. It might be something that others get so easily, but for you, you are begging God for answers, yet without seeing it. If this is you, look at the circumstances differently.

Instead of begging God for what you do not have, start thanking Him for all you do have. Instead of feeling badly about what you are missing on earth, start asking Him to give you a heart to have many things in heaven. We are only passing through here but heaven is for eternity. God knows what is best to keep you balanced. Start praising Him. Start praying to Him about pleasing His heart instead of asking Him to please yours. He loves you. Try seeking His face instead of His hand, and you will receive His peace that surpasses everything else.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 12 Sep 2021, 2:21 pm

September 12

Today’s Readings: Proverbs 13; 2 Corinthians 5

Today’s Thoughts: A Slow Day

He who is slowto wrath has great understanding, But he who is impulsive exalts folly. Proverbs 14:29

Have you ever had one of those days where you started out groggy, as if in slow motion? I woke up tired this morning. As I sat in my chair and began to read my online Bible, I was even more tired. Coffee did not help. I felt like I was swimming against the current. My insides were trying but my reflexes were not responding. I was having a hard time comprehending and focusing on what I was reading. Even my prayers were challenging, as my mind kept wandering. The day seemed to flow with the same kind of beat. Traffic seemed extra slow and congested. Red lights were longer than normal. And my computer…the little hour glass icon next to the cursor became a great nuisance as I tried to double click through files and pages. My irritation and frustration grew at top speed while everything else around me crawled at a snail’s pace. As my day is fast coming to a close, I am still tired and still in slow motion. What does the Lord want me to learn from this kind of day?

Several verses in the Bible include the word “slow,” but are often followed by the words “to anger.”  Why? Because we tend to get angry very quickly. Also, when we act on impulse, we usually act foolishly. The more anxious we get at times, the more likely we are to behave rashly. The end result is not good, not to mention who gets hurt in the middle. We must learn the self-control to be “slow to wrath” and slow to anger. We must learn to recognize the triggers in our environment and circumstances that tempt us to lose control and react in the heat of the moment. For me and my day, the Lord reminded me of these lessons.

Since I woke up in slow motion, He meant for me to go with His flow, not mine. Today, God wanted me to slow down, sit longer at lights, and even wait on my computer to respond. Instead of impulsively getting upset, He wanted me to think about Him during those moments, talk to Him and let Him talk back. Instead of talking to the Lord, I was wondering just when that red light was going to turn green.

Today, and any day, when you are sitting in traffic, at a long light or waiting for service somewhere, stop and talk to the Lord. God has set your day in motion for His purposes. It is okay to go slow, especially when circumstances pull at our emotions. If you go with His flow and follow His tempo, you will end your day with peace and joy, instead of regrets and fatigue.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 11 Sep 2021, 6:09 pm

September 11

Today's Reading: Proverbs 10; 2 Corinthians 4

Today’s Thoughts: To Believe is to Live

Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins." - John 8:24

The Pharisees were always trying to catch Jesus off guard. Regardless of what Jesus was teaching, they would test Him. The Pharisees were the religious leaders and teachers of the day. They knew the Scriptures better than anyone and were always ready to tell others how to live by them. They were superior in their righteousness, or so they thought. They enjoyed their status, their power and the honor given to them by man. Jesus however, created problems for them in His teachings. The people wanted to hear more of what Jesus had to say. The Pharisees were threatened as they saw their power diminishing, as more and more people followed Jesus. How sad to realize that the very One whom they had been waiting for their whole lives was in their midst and they did not recognize Him!

The people who denied Jesus would die in their sins because they refused to believe that He is the Son of God. When all is said and done, the verse above sums up the truth. If we do not believe in Jesus, we will die in our sins. Sadly, there are still Pharisees in our world today who think that by knowledge and good works they have the answers. There are those who can recite Scripture to justify any argument or prove any point and are always instructing others on how to live godly lives. Then, there are those who truly try hard to do what is right. They volunteer for ministry services, give freely to others in need and are kind-hearted to everyone. On the outside, both types look very godly and religious. But what about on the inside?

Jesus is not impressed with our "good" works. Our best intentions mean nothing in the kingdom of God. We are born of sin, live sinful lives and will die in our sins, unless we do one thing—believe in Jesus. It is not the kind of belief that acknowledges His existence or His role. James 2:18 tells us that, “even the demons believe and tremble.” The word “believe” means to adhere to, rely on, trust in, and depend upon. Do you believe in Jesus Christ according to His definition of the word? Do you absolutely depend upon Him for your salvation? Do you know that there is nothing you can add to your salvation and that there is no good work that you can do for eternal security? The only requirement is faith. The only One who can cleanse us from our sins is Jesus Christ, and the only way we can be cleansed is by believing in Him alone. Today, you can know Him. Dear Lord, I want to know Your Son Jesus. I know that I am a sinner who cannot do enough good works to earn my salvation. I am lost without You. I want You to be my Lord and Savior forever more.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 10 Sep 2021, 6:52 pm

September 10

Today's Reading:  Proverbs 8; 2 Corinthians 3

Today's Thoughts: The Unveiling

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:18

In the Old Testament book of Exodus, Moses describes the building of the tabernacle. This tabernacle is to be built on earth as a copy of heavenly things, a place where God can dwell with His people. Its design and construction are described in great detail in Exodus Chapters 26 through 28, then again in Chapters 34 through 38. One of its most beautiful pieces was a veil that separated the Holy of Holies from the Sanctuary. The veil represented man's separation from God; man at that time had no real fellowship with God. Only Moses could enter into such personal fellowship with God. He would come in such intimate contact with God that even his face shone with the glory of the Lord. Moses would use a veil to cover his face. 2 Corinthians 3:13 says that Moses used the veil to keep the people from seeing what was passing away, but the next verse states that their minds were blinded. It was as though the minds of the people had their own veil that kept them from really seeing the truth. Years later when Jesus died on the cross, this veil, still used to separate the two sections of the temple, was torn in two. Jesus died so that we may have personal fellowship with God. No longer was a veil needed, because there was no longer a need for separation. The only veil left is the one that we keep, over those areas we have not yet surrendered to God.

Do you have a veil covering part of your heart or mind? As Christians, we might be quick to say, "Of course not, I love Jesus and I know His Spirit lives within me." I am one of those Christians who not only would say it, but also would believe it with all my being. How can I be veiled in any area when I so desperately want all that the Lord has for me? How can I be blinded when all I want is to see with spiritual eyes? But the closer I walk with the Lord, the more I understand how blind I really am. A veil does not have to be thick. The veil in the temple was about three feet thick. I have learned that the veils that cover my heart and mind can be quite thin, enough to let me see through but not enough to let me see clearly. The problem comes when I think I am seeing clearly but am really only seeing through a fog. Then the Lord begins to show me things so crystal clear that I can barely look at them. The Lord begins to unveil parts of me.

We must go through this process with the Lord if we want to continue to grow in our walk with Him. Breakthroughs come and strongholds are broken when we get through these types of trials.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 09 Sep 2021, 7:14 pm

September 9

Today's Reading: Proverbs 6; 2 Corinthians 2

Today's Thoughts: Aroma of Christ

But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 2 Corinthians 2:14-15

There are two words in these verses that should catch our attention, the words "fragrance" and "aroma." Isn't it interesting that Paul uses words that relate to our sense of smell to describe how we should be seen by others (or smelledby others)? Most of us notice when a person passes by wearing cologne or perfume, especially when it is a strong scent. There are certain fragrances that evoke memories in us. The smell of spices and evergreen are most common at Christmas. Floral smells hint of springtime. And even someone's scent (good or bad) stirs emotions within us if we relate that fragrance to a particular time or event in our lives.

As Christians, Paul is saying that we, too, have a scent about us —"the aroma of Christ." The origin of the word "aroma" brings us back to Old Testament times when the sacrificial offerings of burning animal flesh were common. Our lives as Christians are offered as that living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God (Romans 12:1). As we live for Christ (and are willing to die to ourselves), we become a sweet-smelling aroma to God. Not by our good works, but because of the offerings and sacrifices we are willing to make in our daily lives. But we live in a world of indulgence to self, not sacrifice. How can we be the fragrance of Christ in the world today?

The first step is in being aware of who you are in Christ. As a believer, you represent Him wherever you go and whatever you do. What does that look like in real life? Maybe by forgiving someone who has hurt you. Maybe by giving up something you want just to bless someone else. The root of sacrifice and unselfishness goes back to love. It is the love of Christ in us and through us that leaves that sweet aroma on others.

Take time today and think about the fragrance you are wearing. Put it in the perspective of being an offering and a sacrifice unto the Lord for the sake of others. What better role model for us than the apostle Paul? Of course, the ultimate sacrifice was given through God's only Son, Jesus Christ, and it is now up to us to make that sacrifice known to the world. Ask the Lord today to help you be the aroma of Christ everywhere you go. May you leave a scent of love on everyone that you pass.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 08 Sep 2021, 9:00 pm

September 8

Today's Reading: Proverbs 3; 2 Corinthians 1

Today's Thoughts: Direct My Paths

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 

My mom and dad are dealing with a huge plumbing problem. The main pipe that carries their hot water from the garage to the kitchen broke underneath the cement slab. They knew something was wrong when their tile floor was warming their feet. Because we have earthquake building codes, the plumbers cannot fix the problem by digging down, but only by rerouting the pipe through the ceilings. This has caused a major upheaval to their home. The laundry room, downstairs bathroom, family room, kitchen, dining room and even the closet where they store all the Christmas decorations have been affected. All of their personal belongings are out of the cabinets and closets, and are on the couches, tables and floor. Then there are the new large holes in the ceilings and closets with dust from the holes everywhere. The plumbers have tried to be considerate by placing plastic over their personal belongings and a walkway runner on the rugs, but with all the work and workers, it is impossible to keep the décor a priority.

Well, my mother has handled it very well, all things considered but… there are times she finds herself overwhelmed with the situation. She has continued to ask the Lord to help her and to remain peaceful through it all (including the cold showers for days). God has been so faithful to hear her prayers. The other night, she went to bed praying about the pipes and when she woke up, she heard this in her mind:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your
own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him,
And He shall redirect your pipes.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (bold words are paraphrased)

The Word of God is active and living. If we put His Word into our minds and meditate on it, God has the ability to bring it back in each and every situation to maintain peace in your life. God is so good to us. He hears every prayer and cares about every circumstance. Trust in Him and He will direct your paths, and even your pipes, if you include Him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 07 Sep 2021, 12:31 pm

September 7

Today's Reading: Proverbs 1; 1 Corinthians 16

Today's Thoughts: Looking for God’s Wisdom

So that you incline your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding; yes, if you cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding, if you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding; He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly; He guards the paths of justice, and preserves the way of His saints. Then you will understand righteousness and justice, equity and every good path. Proverbs 2:2-9

As King David was facing his death, he appointed his son, Solomon, as the new king of Israel. In the beginning of King Solomon’s reign, the Lord spoke to Solomon in a dream and said: "Ask! What shall I give you?" (1 Kings 3: 5) His reply greatly pleased the Lord, as he asked for wisdom and discernment so that he could rightly judge God's people. The Lord gave Solomon such an abundance of wisdom that he became famous throughout Israel and other lands, attracting the attention of many who came just to hear his wisdom. His own people feared and respected Solomon because of the power of his words.

The Proverbs are filled with Solomon's nuggets of wisdom, which are still applicable for our lives today. However, this man of wisdom begins this book of wisdom by instructing us to seek for wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Solomon tells us to "seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures." He obviously was thankful that he had the right answer when God asked him years earlier, “What shall I give you?”

We need to get in the habit of asking the Lord for wisdom, knowledge and understanding every day.  The New Testament writer, James, also instructs us to ask for wisdom as he says in Chapter 1 verse 5, “if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God who gives to all liberally and without reproach and it will be given to him.” In other ways, anyone can ask for wisdom at any time and the Lord will give it liberally regardless of our shortcomings and faults. Asking for wisdom is a gift as much as begin the recipient of the wisdom that He gives. There are no prerequisites or strings attached. There will be tangible fruit in your life as you begin to understand things from a different perspective. Certain habits will break and your own words will inspire you as they bring edification and counsel to others.

Oh Lord, please give me wisdom, knowledge and understanding today so I can think Your thoughts as You direct my words, hands and feet.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 29 Aug 2021, 9:09 pm

August 29

Today’s Reading: Psalms 126; 1 Corinthians 10:19-33

Today’s Thoughts: The Power of God’s Voice

“Then you came near and stood at the foot of the mountain, and the mountain burned with fire to the midst of heaven, with darkness, cloud, and thick darkness. And the LORD spoke to you out of the midst of the fire. You heard the sound of the words, but saw no form; you only heard a voice.” - Deuteronomy 4:11-12

In the book of Exodus, the Israelites begin their journey from Egypt, across the Red Sea, heading to the Promise Land. Along the way, they stopped at the base of Mount Sinai and had an experience of a lifetime. It was at this place that the Lord appeared to them for the first time, and they could not handle what they saw. Moses recounts this experience in the book of Deuteronomy and reminds them of what happened on that amazing day. The Lord appeared in smoke, fire and thick darkness. There was thundering and lightning in an awesome display of God's power on the top of that mountain. And, they were scared to death! They told Moses that they did not want to hear from God, just from Moses. He could speak on behalf of God and they would just listen to Moses. The Lord's voice was too much for them to handle.

For us, maybe the Lord's voice is a bit too much to handle at times. Sometimes, His voice seems to be loud and consuming—and scary. Maybe the dark clouds that come into our lives are evidence that the Lord is trying to speak to us. Instead of being afraid, we need to be alert to what God is trying to say to us. Instead of hiding, we need to start seeking Him even more. Our God is a consuming fire, not to our harm or destruction, but to our reverence and worship of Him. He is God. He is a jealous God, and He does not want to share us with other gods. His words from the top of mountain warned the people not to go out and make Him into a molded image, nor to worship any other images of gods created by their hands. His words today are the same to us. The Lord wants us to know Him personally, to love Him with all that we are, and to fear Him in respect and honor. Why? Because He wants to bless, protect and lead us in His ways. We are the safest and the most peaceful when we are obeying His words and willing to listen to His voice, even when it seems too loud and scary to handle.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 28 Aug 2021, 12:48 pm

August 28

Today’s Reading: Psalms 123; 1 Corinthians 10:1-18

Today’s Thoughts: Whom Are You Seeking?

Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” John 20:15

The first person Jesus appeared to after His death was to Mary Magdalene. She had already told the disciples that Jesus’ body was missing. Peter and John ran to see. Peter did see but John saw and believed. The word “believe” means that he put his trust in God for what had happened. None of them had yet understood the resurrection. He just believed that God was responsible for the missing body of Jesus.

While the disciples went home, Mary stayed at the tomb. She wept and stooped down to look into the tomb. Two angels in white were seated there and they spoke with her. She continued crying and questioning and seeking Jesus, despite the actual presence of angels. She would only be satisfied with Jesus Himself. Jesus stood behind her, but it wasn’t until He called her by name that she turned and clung to Him. I can imagine Mary was thinking, “You got away from me once and I am not letting You go again.”  Once again, Mary went to the disciples, but this time with a different message. She had sought Jesus and He found her.

The first person Jesus revealed Himself to as “the Christ” was the Samaritan woman (John 4). And the first person Jesus revealed Himself to after His death was Mary Magdalene. If you, male or female, are seeking Jesus, He will reveal Himself to you. He shows no partiality or favoritism. We are all given the same Holy Spirit, and one day, we each will behold our Lord face to face. But as of today His promise stands that if you seek Him, you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart. Whom are you seeking?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 Aug 2021, 8:55 pm

August 27

Today's Reading: Psalms 120:1-6; 1 Corinthians 9

Today's Thoughts: Preparing to Run

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. - 1 Corinthians 9:24

How often do we feel as though we are running a race? Life seems to be one big race. We run from place to place to get things done, just to accomplish one more task.  But what about the race of life? Some of us run from parts of our lives, some run from the past, some run towards the future, and some just run in circles. Do we ever win this race? Do we even see the finish line? What prize do we expect to receive?

Let us examine the basic components of running a physical race to help better understand the spiritual race. The first step usually involves some sort of training, which depends upon the type and length of race. Good equipment and accessories are integral parts of preparation and participation, such as clothing, shoes, and personal timing devices. Because slight dehydration can jeopardize the heartiest competitor, nutritional supplementations and liquid replacements are critical for endurance and stamina. And a final key component for any serious participant involves their own personal desire and commitment to complete the race, despite hardships and pain. One should not even consider entering a race without some of these basic necessaries.

In Hebrews 12:1, Paul says that we should "run with endurance the race that is set before us." This race is not about our physical lives but our spiritual lives for Christ.  As Christians, we should be racing towards "the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:14), not racing for the things of this world but for the eternal prize in God's kingdom. 

So how do we successfully compete in this spiritual race? Our training must involve a progressive and disciplined program that equips us with God's wisdom, knowledge and discernment. A Christian church teaching God's Word is an essential component. Other tools include reading the Bible daily accompanied with prayer. A good church, Bible reading and prayer will be used heavily during the race. These necessities are best when supplemented with Bible studies, prayer groups, and volunteer services. The most critical component that CANNOT be compromised involves our sincere desire to surrender our heart and everything in it to the Lord Jesus Christ. If we commit to these basic steps, our race will be run with the assurance of a strong finish to this earthly life.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 26 Aug 2021, 8:21 pm

Daily Disciples - August 26
2021 August 26

Today’s Reading: Psalms 119:89-176; 1 Corinthians 8

Today’s Thoughts: Unconditional Promises

For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people who were men of war, who came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they did not obey the voice of the Lord--to whom the Lord swore that He would not show them the land which the Lord had sworn to their fathers that He would give us, "a land flowing with milk and honey." Then Joshua circumcised their sons whom He raised up in their place; for they were uncircumcised, because they had not been circumcised on the way.  So it was, when they had finished circumcising all the people, that they stayed in their places in the camp till they were healed. Then the Lord said to Joshua, "This day I have rolled away the reproach of Egypt from you." Therefore the name of the place is called Gilgal to this day. - Joshua 5:6-9

God's promises are not conditional. He will fulfill every promise, but in His way and in His time and to whom He wills. God heard the cries of the Israelites when they were slaves to Pharaoh. God had promised Abraham that after 400 yearsof bondage, He would rescue his descendents. That time came and God fulfilled His promise by sending Moses. Despite the Egyptians hard hearts and selfishness, God had His way and the Israelites left Egypt. Through God's outstretched arm and mighty powers, God brought plagues and parted the Red Sea. Nothing is impossible for the Lord. However, the Israelites' hearts were hardened too. After different trials and tests in the desert, it was obvious that their prayer for freedom had not been about the freedom to worship God, but for freedom from difficult circumstances. Once the circumstances became difficult in the desert, these same people chose to forsake their God who had rescued them.

Because of Moses' intercession, the next generation would be the ones who would receive the promises of God and enter into the land flowing with milk and honey. Their willingness to obey and attitude mattered to God. They needed to be obedient to His commands; however, God did not remind them about obedience to the covenant of circumcision until after they crossed the Jordan River. So you see that God's promises were not predicated upon their flesh but on His promises. However, in time—God's time, God would make sure that they kept up their end of the deal. We find ourselves in the same kind of relationship with the Lord today. We can accept Christ and receive His Holy Spirit regardless of our behaviors. He will empower us and use us to fulfill all that He has for us. But as time goes by, He continually reminds us and asks us to keep in line with our part of the relationship. Our willingness and attitude matter first and then our obedience proves if we take His promises seriously.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Aug 2021, 6:12 pm

Daily Disciples - August 25
 Aug 25   2021
Today’s Reading: Psalms 119:1-88; 1 Corinthians 7:20-40

Today’s Thoughts: Our Witness to Our Faith

Therefore, having obtained help from God, to this day I stand, witnessing both to small and great, saying no other things than those which the prophets and Moses said would come—that the Christ would suffer, that He would be the first to rise from the dead, and would proclaim light to the Jewish people and to the Gentiles." Acts 26:22-23

My husband has been working with a client who was born and raised Buddhist. She is vice president of a large publishing company. She is smart, tenacious, tough and lost. In working with her over the past few months, my husband has made his faith very clear to her. As the project comes to a close, it seems that their conversations on faith have increased even more. She is open to talking with him about the subject. So often, we find ourselves in situations where we either get that one shot to witness, or we get shot down before even starting. In this case, my husband and this high-powered executive keep debating the issues. These conversations have brought her to a point of admitting how little she truly knows about her own religion. He has been asking her to tell him exactly what she believes. How does it work? And most importantly, he asked her a simple question, "Do you really believe in it?"

Jesus asks this question to those around Him, "Do you believe in the Son of God?" Many people find a place in organized religion but have no idea of what or whom they really believe in. We are born and raised in religious traditions. We like the routines, the fellowship, and the comfort such activities bring to our lives. Since when did Jesus use the word "comfort" to describe our walk with Him? Yes, He gives us comfort and peace through His Holy Spirit. But Jesus was clear in saying that He came with a sword, dividing friends and families (Matthew 10:34-35). Placing anyone or anything, including church traditions, above Jesus Christ will bring division between people who choose Him against those who choose their religion.

Many people do not know what to do or what to say at these times. What do we say? How much do we say? When should we speak about our faith? And on and on we wonder and ponder. I like what Paul says in today's verses. First, he says that he gets "help from God." The Holy Spirit will impress, lead and direct us in what to do. Next, Paul knows he must "stand." Sometimes we need to stand, hold our position, be honest, but not start debates unless we are led to do so. Then, Paul says he witnessed "both to small and great."  We must seize the opportunity when we know it is time, regardless of who it is, how many there are, or whatever the circumstances. Sometimes we need to not think too much and just let the Lord work through us.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 24 Aug 2021, 8:49 pm

August 24

Today's Reading: Psalms 116; 1 Corinthians 7:1-19

Today’s Thoughts: In the Morning

My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; In the morning I will direct it to You,And I will look up. Psalm 5:3

Have you ever noticed the difference between waking up with an alarm clock versus sleeping until you naturally wake up? When it comes to doing morning devotions, there is a huge difference between the two. Personally, I love to sleep in. But once I am up, I do not slow down; I make the most of my day. I rarely sit down unless I am eating or in a meeting. So I am thankful to the Lord that I have no trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. It is the waking up that gives me the most trouble.

For years, I set aside a "quiet time," to just be quiet to pray and to read my Bible during the day. But because of my personality and because of the activities of the day competing for my attention (like work, the kids and the phone), I became too distracted to concentrate on the things of God. I would read verses like Psalm 5:3 and know deep within my heart that I needed to get up before the day started. It took a long time and a lot of prayer to get me into the habit and pattern of waking up early. It is only in the early mornings that I am in a better place to hear from the Lord because there is nothing competing against His words. During this quiet time, I can enjoy the freedom from the noise of the day. The house is quiet and peaceful in the pre-dawn hours.

It is funny that if I was going on vacation or needed to catch a plane, I could more easily get out of bed to the buzzing noise of an alarm clock. But how come with the things of God, we resist so much? Personally, I believe it is because we resist the words ‘discipline’ and ‘dependency’. We need to discipline our bodies to wake up early and we do it to show our dependency on needing the Lord to help us. God loves us and has so much to give to us. His ways are of peace. For me, I have learned that an extra hour in bed cannot compare with the peace I receive spending quiet time with Him first thing; for Jesus says, "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33).

My encouragement to you is to try it. Set your alarm half an hour earlier than you normally get up and make a commitment to do it every day for a week. And give that half hour to the Lord, ask Him to wake you up to His words and to give you the peace that will carry you throughout your day. When you make this change in your daily habits, God will bless you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 24 Aug 2021, 12:06 am

Daily Disciples - August 23
Aug 23

Today's Reading: Exodus 23; Matthew 20:1-16

Today's Thoughts: Little by Little

Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased, and you inherit the land.

Exodus 23:30

In Chapter 23, God grants the Israelites various promises, including utterly overthrowing and completely cutting off their enemies. The Lord further states that He will bless their bread and water and take their sicknesses away. With the Lord on their side, the Israelites cannot lose.  But in verse 30, the Lord says that He will fulfill His promises by driving out their enemies little by little. Why? Why doesn't God just wipe their enemies out like He did the Egyptians as they entered the Red Sea? What benefit is there to do it little by little?

Exodus 23:29 says "I will not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land become desolate and the beast of the field become too numerous for you." In other words, a place of instant abundance and blessings would be harmful for the Israelites. Blessings are not true blessings unless they come when we are able to handle them. Think of areas in your life that you would love to see the Lord work in you today. Maybe you need deliverance from sin that seems to have trapped you or maybe it is your finances. The list can go on and on. God wants to deliver you and bless you, but He will only give you what you can handle. God knows what is best for us. Even the blessings can become curses if we do not have the wisdom, maturity and honesty to handle them.

The Lord's timing is never too late nor too slow. He is patient and kind, assessing the whole situation, so that when He fulfills His promises in you, you will be able to receive them in peace. We want the quick fix or the instant gratification. We want the immediate and the miraculous. However, God's ways are not our ways and He desires to give us a future life in His promises. Little by little, complete victory will be yours by having faith and patience day by day.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 22 Aug 2021, 2:47 pm

August 22

Today's Reading: Psalms 110; 1 Corinthians 5

Today's Thoughts: To Stay or To Go

I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. John 17:15

After reading the prayer of Jesus, I realize how far I am from understanding the truth of His message. Jesus prayed that we not be taken out of the world but that the Father would keep us from the evil one. There are times when some of us want to be taken out of this world as soon as possible just to be in heaven with Jesus. When you love someone, you want to be with them, and as Christians, our hearts yearn to be closer to Jesus. Other times, life here on earth is so hard and such a struggle that we want to be taken out just to get out of here. Admit it; we all have felt this way at times. But these feelings are no surprise to the Lord. 

Jesus' prayer to keep us in the world was truly based on love. He has provided everything we need for life and godliness, despite our circumstances. He has given us creation to see His handiwork and understand His unlimited abilities. He has given us His Word that sanctifies us and sets us apart for Him. And He has given us His own testimony as Jesus, Son of God, who walked on this earth and lived in this world. He prayed that the Father would not take us out of this world but to keep us from the evil one. Jesus prayed that we be made one with Him while remaining on earth. At times, it seems impossible to walk against the pattern of this world. We can take comfort in knowing that Jesus understands what we are going through. Our only hope is to depend on Him, which is exactly what He wants in the first place.

Where are you today? Do you secretly desire at times to be taken to heaven? Only you know the reasons why you feel this way but know today that Jesus has a plan for you being right here, right now. He loves you and has a plan for your life. Ask the Lord to give you strength in times of trouble, peace in times of struggle and hope when the world seems to be hopeless. Only in Jesus can we stay in this world and experience heaven on earth.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next