World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyToday at 11:01 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyToday at 10:44 pm by Admin

» What is Shavuot and What is Pentecost?
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyToday at 10:41 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyToday at 10:36 pm by Admin

» The Ayatollah Who Supports Israel
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyToday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyToday at 10:15 pm by Admin

» AISH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyToday at 10:14 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyToday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyToday at 9:39 pm by Admin

» ARE THE HOSTAGES IN EGYPT?
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyToday at 9:31 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyToday at 9:30 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyToday at 8:45 pm by Admin

» Breaking IranCopter Crash Pres.Raisi
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyToday at 7:58 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:14 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 9:39 pm by Admin

» Europe resolution on Zelenskyy’s “peace formula”
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 9:03 pm by Admin

» Israel Judaica and Roman Hadrian
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 4:34 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 2:33 pm by Admin

» Ancient Hatred Reviving? Vatican
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 12:53 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Thu 10 Mar 2022, 9:13 pm

Elaine, do you ever feel like you're listening to a broken record?

Romans 13:11 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.

As someone who loves to study history, I love researching historical figures.  Ronald Reagan is one of the most intriguing men who served as President of the United States.  One amusing story I came across really caught my attention and made me smile. When he was a young man, Reagan worked at a radio station and sometimes played records of sermons. His shift at the station was a one-man operation and so, on occasion, Ron would set the record playing and then sneak out for a cup of coffee. One day he got a call while he was at the coffee shop from the station's owner, ordering him back to the station, and then ... he received his termination notice. He'd returned to the station finding the record skipping at a particular point in the sermon;

"Go to Hell, go to Hell, go to Hell, go to..."

There are probably several messages we could draw from this funny little sequence, but what spoke to me most was this, that in recent years we've heard the message repeated over and over again like a broken record, "The end is near, the end is near, the end is near, the end... and, "The Lord's return is at the door...";

Elaine, yet, the fact is that we are very near to the Lord's return and there are many signs of His soon coming. So if the message sounds repetitive perhaps it's because the Lord's return is much nearer now than when we first believed -- even at the very door. And the whole point of thinking about and dwelling upon Yeshua's return is that we want to be ready, keeping close accounts with Him, living holy and fruitful lives...spotless, blameless, at His coming. Our bridal love for Him will keep us looking up and listening for the cry; "Behold, the bridegroom cometh!"

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Nashville, Tennessee

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in Texas, Arkansas and Tennessee over the next few weeks, let us know if you're in the area and would like to attend a service! If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.

Editor's Note: Our preferred social media platform is Telegram [ Follow us on Telegram ].

There are probably several messages we could draw from this funny little sequence, but what spoke to me most was this, that in recent years we've heard the message repeated over and over again like a broken record, "The end is near, the end is near, the end is near, the end... and, "The Lord's return is at the door...";
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 09 Mar 2022, 1:12 pm

Elaine, multiply your time!

Colossians 4:5 Walk in wisdom toward them that are outside, redeeming the time.

Life can get so hectic sometimes -- we often try to do too many things at once. But when our schedule gets that hectic, we need to start investing in some quality time with the Lord. The operating word here is "investing".

Did you know that God is the best broker in town? When we invest our time in worship, prayer, and the reading of His word, He takes that time and multiplies it many times over! When we give the Lord our time, He gets our minds focused and can even give us new ideas for how we can get things done better and more efficiently! I’ve heard testimony after testimony about this and seen God at work in my own life in this area. It really works!

Elaine, I heard it said once that "proof of love is the investment of time". Do we have something to prove today? Let’s start by spending more time with the Lord. Spending time in His presence is the greatest investment we could ever make!

Nashville, Tennessee

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in Texas, Arkansas and Tennessee over the next few weeks, let us know if you're in the area and would like to attend a service! If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.

Editor's Note: Our preferred social media platform is Telegram [ Follow us on Telegram ].
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 08 Mar 2022, 5:37 pm

Elaine, have a victor mentality!

1 John 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world — our faith.

In 2nd Samuel chapter 9, we read the story of King David and Mephibosheth. Mephibosheth was the son of Jonathan and the grandson of the first king of Israel, King Saul. After Jonathan's death, David went forth to show kindness to Saul's house. Mephibosheth had become lame at the young age of five -- he had lived his entire life as a cripple. When David calls him forth, Mephibosheth replies "What is thy servant, that thou shouldest look upon such a dead dog as I am?" His identity was completely based on his disability when in fact, he was the grandson of a king! He had forgotten his royal lineage and was wallowing in self-pity. Yet David looked beyond his disability and recognizing who he was, offered him a place at the King's table.

How much time do we spend wallowing in our own self-pity, groaning about things with which we struggle daily...so much so that it becomes who we are! The enemy would love nothing more than to keep us focused on our disabilities so that we are distracted from the calling of God on our lives. He wants us to have a "victim mentality". But let's not lose focus of the reality of who we are. In Yeshua (Jesus), we are a chosen generation, part of a royal priesthood, and the King has offered us a place at His table! We are heirs of His great throne!!

Elaine, in Him, we should have a victor mentality! Press forward -- know who you are in Him and take your rightful seat at the King's Table.

Nashville, Tennessee

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 07 Mar 2022, 7:40 pm

Elaine, don't dry out!

Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

1 Corinthians 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

John 4:14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life."

Revelation 21:6 And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.

The first man was called "Ah-dom", we know him as "Adam". The word used for "man", as in "mankind", in Genesis 1, is also the same word – "Ah-dom". "Ah-dom" is rooted in the three Hebrew letters, aleph-dalet-mem, and one of the Hebrew words for earth is "Adamah", which contains the same three letters, however it ends with the Hebrew letter "hay". "Adamah" means "red earth", or "red clay", and this word points to the natural earth elements, the "earth dust" that composed Adam’s body, and the body of every human being since. "Man" is "ah-dom", in a very real sense, "clay".

If a piece of clay is to become anything, it has to be molded – and to be moldable it must become wet. Clay has a tendency to dry out quickly and become hardened, and once that happens, there's not much you can do with it. Since we are "ah-dom", made of clay, we are in constant need of water. This is true both physically, and also spiritually. Our bodies need a constant resupply of water to stay alive and function well. Our spirits also need "water", the "water" of the Word [Ephesians 5:26]. If we are constantly drinking this water of the word, our faith, which comes by hearing [Romans 10:17] will result in a magnificent promise from Yeshua: "He that believes in me, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water!"

This water of His Word welling up through His Spirit will prevent us from becoming dry and hardened, and will enable us to "water" others, even to be, ourselves, a spring of living water.

Elaine, drink from the water of life. You don't want to become a hardened vessel, easily cracked or broken. Soak yourself in Him and in His word, so that God will keep you moldable, useful, and "drinkable" by others. Water is necessary, but it is also deeply refreshing, and Yeshua's living water springs up, even to eternal life!

Benton, Arkansas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 Mar 2022, 3:12 pm

Elaine, expect a flood and prepare!

Yesterday, in our devotional I spoke of the two rains in Israel, the early rain and the latter rain. The prophet Joel speaks prophetically of these two rainy seasons in connection with the outpouring of God's spirit:

"Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month;" [Joel 2:23]

Then Joel continues: "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions. And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit;" [Joel 2:28-29]

Following the Lord's command to tarry in Jerusalem until they were endued with power from on high, the disciples could not have comprehended what God was about to do. Then, when the Holy Spirit descended upon them, astounding both themselves and all the Jews who had come to Jerusalem for Shavuot (Pentecost), the Apostle Peter explained it, quoting directly from Joel's prophecy [Acts 2:17-18] which speaks specifically in this context of an early rain... and a latter rain.

The Hebrew scriptures often reflect the cyclical/repetitive nature of God's creation. The cycle of the 7 day week, the monthly lunar cycle, the yearly passage of the sun through the heavens, etc. Psalm 23 also describes a cyclical pattern in the Lord's shepherding of His sheep, saying literally, "He leads me in circles of righteousness; the word normally translated as "paths" in verse 3 is literally "circles" ("ma'aglei") in the Hebrew. There are numerous prophetic scriptures which have multiple fulfillments, as well. All of this exemplifies a cyclical or repetitive element in the very fabric of God's story.

In light of this observation I am anticipating a great move of God similar, or perhaps even eclipsing the events of Pentecost. While this has been a much debated subject, there are scriptures supporting such a move of God, and complementing my expectation of a repeating cycle of outpouring. "Harvest" (a cyclical event) is one of the main metaphors describing the end of the age and I am believing the Lord's love and power will bring a "latter rain" harvest to this world, culminating what He began nearly 2000 years ago. [see Daniel 12:3].

Elaine, anticipating an event inspires us to prepare for it. If indeed, a "latter rain flood/harvest" is impending and the Holy Spirit is seeking wise vessels through whom to pour Himself, our expectation will lead to preparation, purification, and passionate prayer. So be a vessel ready to shine in this world of darkness. We're surely entering a season which we barely understand, just as the Apostles in the 1st century; nevertheless, in faith, we can be expectant and prepared for it.

Dallas, Texas

Editor's Note: Latest video: Ukraine, Wars and Rumors of Wars, and is this a Water Breaking Moment?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 03 Mar 2022, 5:56 pm

Elaine, don't get flooded!

Matthew 7:24-27 Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on a rock.  And the rain came down, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house. And it did not fall, for it was founded on a rock.  And everyone who hears these sayings of Mine and does not do them shall be compared to a foolish man who built his house on the sand.  And the rain came down, and the floods came, and the wind blew and beat on that house. And it fell, and great was its fall. 

For much of the year Israel receives little to no rain. The early rains ( "Yoreh") begin at the time of the Fall Feasts, September-October, and the "Latter Rain (“Malkosh”) concludes the rainy season around the time of the Spring festival of Passover.

With the heat and barely a cloud in the sky during the summer months the ground becomes hard. When fall arrives the rainy season begins with frequently intense downpours creating streams in the desert, since hardened ground never absorbs water. The rushing waters form cataracts flowing from the high places through valleys and crevasses, temporary rivers, which also create spectacular waterfalls in rocky places. Adventurous souls travel from all over the Land to see these flowing waters, yet tragically, entire groups hiking into the desert to enjoy the watery scenes have suddenly perished, inundated by sudden and horrific flash floods which they could not escape.

Yeshua gave this warning: “Whoever hears these sayings of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain came down, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house. And it did not fall, for it was founded on a rock. “ [Matthew 7:24-25]

We could say that this world is becoming more and more like a desert, hardened and dry, loveless and difficult to live in. Not only so, but floods are also increasing, flash floods we aren't expecting, unanticipated but deadly dangers for any who are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Elaine, the Messiah warned everyone about these anticipated dangers, these floods of destruction. He said they will come, and they have, throughout all human history, but especially now, today as we approach the Second Coming. There is no excuse to be caught unaware! He instructed everyone how to prepare. Simply do what He said. Don't just hear it....be a doer of His word. The safety of obedience is powerful protection from the floods of this world.

Dallas, Texas

Editor's Note: Latest video: Ukraine, Wars and Rumors of Wars, and is this a Water Breaking Moment?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 02 Mar 2022, 5:17 pm

Elaine, the veil is being removed ...

Rev. 22:17  And the Spirit and the bride say, Come! And let the one hearing say, Come! And let the one who is thirsty come. And he willing, let him take of the Water of Life freely. 

With the war breaking out in Ukraine there is a lot of speculation that we are in the end of days with the apocalypse on the horizon. Everyone who knows me knows I’m not a gloom and doomer, that I do acknowledge the days we are living in, but remain expectant and focused on the birth of the Kingdom.

The book of Revelation begins with the word “apocalypse” in Greek. "Apocalypse" (Apokalupsis) can be translated as "disclosure" or the “lifting of the veil”! And we find that the Revelation of Yeshua culminates in a marriage, as the Heavenly Bridegroom unites with His Bride.

"The spirit and the Bride say, "Come!"; [Rev.22:17] In the ancient (and some modern) weddings in the middle East, the bride was veiled before being presented to her husband. In a sense, we, Yeshua's Bride, are still veiled in mortal bodies, that is, until the time when we shall see Him, “face to face” [1 Cor. 13:12], and we shall be as He is. [1 John 3:2]. Then, the veil will be fully removed!

Yet, paradoxically, even in this world we can taste this reality and walk with our faces "unveiled"; "But we all, with unveiled faces, looking as in a mirror at the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit"; [2 Cor. 3:18]. And since the veil was torn in two, [Hebrews 10:19-22] we have access to the most holy place of God through what Yeshua (Jesus) did for us!

Elaine, a wedding is coming soon, and the veil of this temple, your mortal body, will be forever removed and replaced with immortality. If there are wars and rumors of wars be assured, that looking up, your redemption draws near, and a marriage supper is being prepared for you. Nevertheless even now you go with your face unveiled revealing the glory of the Lord, and all the more as you walk in fearless anticipation of that soon coming day when you will be removed from this veil of tears and be wed to the King of Kings. So walk unveiled until the day when your unveiling will be complete in the resurrection of the dead. As a young woman anticipates her wedding day, view these end time events as harbingers of the happiest day of your life, when your Bridegroom sounds the shofar announcing His return for your wedding! Simply allow Him to prepare you as a bride without spot or wrinkle! [Ephesians 5:25-27]

Dallas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 Mar 2022, 6:20 pm

Elaine, beware of snakes?

Luke 10:19 Behold, I give to you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the authority of the enemy. And nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

The legendary preacher, Charles Spurgeon once said, “Discernment is not simply a matter of telling the difference between what is right and wrong; rather it is the difference between right and almost right."

Often the question is whether something is "right" or "wrong”, and may be answered quickly and easily. But sometimes we are faced with a much more difficult discernment: the difference between “right" and "almost right”. I love to take the kids to the zoo, and whenever we go we always go into the snake house to look at all those beautiful slithering reptiles– but more often than not they are so well camouflaged that they aren't easy to find. Once you've spotted one, however, and recognized its markings, it becomes much easier. So George, why are you telling me about your trips to the zoo?

The Bible identifies our enemy as a serpent, and just like the ones at the zoo he camouflages himself extremely well. Satan knows that the Lord has given us authority over him, so he has to seek ways in which we fail to recognize him. He knows that defending ourselves would be much easier if he came out and said, "I'm here and I hate you!" So he lurks in the background, in unsuspected places waiting for an opportunity to steal, kill or destroy— and much of the time we don't realize he's there until we find ourselves in the thick of an attack. And what is his "camouflage" ? Looking as much like a good guy as he can, so we would never suspect his true nature and intentions. That's why Spurgeon gives us the advice about discernment between "right" and "almost right"; and why the Lord Himself told us to be "wise as serpents"!

Elaine, pray to become skilled in discerning your enemy's camouflage, remembering he comes as a "minister of righteousness" or an "angel of light" who knows how to blend into your world, and to look and talk like a friend. Don't go by feelings alone, be careful about flattery, know your Lord through prayer and let God's Word dwell richly in you being filled with His spirit. You want to be well defended against the subtlety of the Serpent, especially these days!

Dallas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 28 Feb 2022, 3:58 pm

Elaine, does it seem the tests are getting harder?

Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

I don't know about you, but it seems that the tests we're going through are getting harder and harder. Do you remember when you took tests in high school? At the time they may have seemed hard. But imagine if you had to take an elementary school test when you were in high school. You'd probably think – oh this is so simple.

So if it seems that the testing of your faith is more intense – it simply means that you're graduating to new levels of faith! Our faith is being tested, and as we pass each "faith" test, we're finding different means of being tested. I suppose in a few years, we'll look back and think to ourselves – wow that was a hard test, but now it doesn't look so difficult!

Elaine, if you're going through a tough time right now, be encouraged because it simply means that God is graduating you to new levels of faith! The harder the tests, the greater the difficulty – the greater the reward, an increased blessing awaits you! Stay focused, stay alert and remember that God is trying to stretch your faith so that you can accomplish even more for His Kingdom!

Dallas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 26 Feb 2022, 12:08 am

Elaine, be a standard bearer!

Isaiah 59:16-19 He saw that there was no man, And wondered that there was no intercessor; Therefore His own arm [z’roah in Hebrew] brought salvation for Him; And His own righteousness, it sustained Him. For He put on righteousness as a breastplate, And a helmet of salvation on His head; He put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, And was clad with zeal as a cloak. According to their deeds, accordingly He will repay, Fury to His adversaries, Recompense to His enemies; The coastlands He will fully repay. So shall they fear The name of the Lord from the west, And His glory from the rising of the sun; When the enemy comes in, like a flood The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.

The Hebrew expression in this verse from Isaiah is rich with meaning. The root "nus" (from the expression "raise up a standard") is related to or sounds like numerous words which mean "sign", "miracle", "to drive away", "to flee", "cause to disappear", "a waving flag". This abundance of meanings in Isaiah's poetic style reveals the multiple dimensions of God's revelation; in this case, the way he deals with evil. The assertion in this word is that the Spirit of YHVH will be powerfully activated when evil comes.

Whether the enemy comes in like a flood, and then the LORD raises a standard against him...or, the enemy comes in, and like a flood, the LORD works miraculously and drives him away, the clear meaning and promise is that the presence of evil will not go unnoticed. God will respond powerfully, in His own way, and in His own time.

We've often spoken of the increase of wickedness in these last days; virtually every day some new scandal appears. Evil is on the rise; its power being consolidated in many areas of social, political, and personal life. Our identification with the one true God who raises His standard in response to this wickedness, calls us to be His "standard bearers" in the midst of the flood of evil around us. This is not easy, but is a high calling for faith-filled and disciplined saints.

Elaine, our challenge now, more than ever before, is, do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. We cannot bear Yeshua's standard if we yield to become like the world around us. Only by abiding, praying, staying close to Him, can we represent our Lord. Let's continue to encourage one another...daily.

Dallas, Texas

Editor's Note: Our preferred social media platform is Telegram [ Follow us on Telegram
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 24 Feb 2022, 10:09 pm

Elaine, prepare for war!

Isaiah 59:17,19 For He put on righteousness as a breastplate, And a helmet of salvation on His head; He put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, And was clad with zeal as a cloak. So shall they fear The name of the Lord from the west, And His glory from the rising of the sun; When the enemy comes in, like a flood The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.

Romans 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.

Over the past week, war has erupted in Ukraine that threatens to draw all of Europe into the conflict.  Along with that, the United States is working toward a nuclear deal with the Iranian government that threatens Israel's existence.  Rumors abound that a nuclear deal with Iran will unleash billions of dollars that will fund terrorist organizations on Israel's borders.  How will Israel react?  The war drums are beating ... and the question is -- how should we as believers respond? 

First, we have to win the spiritual battle that we're currently fighting!  Whether you realize it or not, we as believers have been at war since we came to faith!

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Thus Paul instructed us in Ephesians. We fight against the kingdom of Satan.

We fight with spiritual weapons; prayer, the Word of God, faith in His truth, and His power– these are not carnal weapons but spiritual.  We are seated in the heavenlies with Him [Ephesians 1:20], and in His authority, we make our stand.

The enemy's weapons are temptations, fiery darts of doubt and disbelief, discouragement, weariness, earthly pleasures. Thus the enemy distracts us from and disarms us in the battle position.

But what soldier goes to war without taking the equipment necessary for war? A soldier on the battlefield without his weapons is useless and helpless and in great danger.

So it is in the spiritual realm. We need to actively take up our spiritual armor and weapons to fight the enemy. And we have this promise -- when the enemy comes in -- like a flood the Spirit of the Lord shall raise up a standard against Him! Are you ready to make your stand in this day? 

Elaine, now, today, war is a very real threat in the physical realm – but it's already been here for millennia in the spiritual realm. So by all means necessary take up the armor of God today – stand with Him in faith and win your battle, one day at a time -- win the battle over your thoughts and your actions. YHVH Tz'vaot, "The LORD of Hosts" is with you, to strengthen, equip, and overcome; and His victory is assured!

Dallas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 23 Feb 2022, 1:21 pm

Elaine, become a spring in the desert!

Jonah 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.

Romans 8:24-25 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

When the prophet Jonah entered Nineveh, he gave a message of hopelessness -- in 40 days your city will be destroyed! He did not say, Nineveh will be destroyed "unless", but emphatically prophesied destruction to the people of the city -- seeming to say their situation was hopeless. Yet hearing this message Nineveh repented, and because their repentance was genuine God spared the city for a season and many lives were saved. Jonah's prophecy of judgment was averted, and Nineveh's destiny was changed by their response to the deep conviction from a message of doom. That's how it is with God. He is so compassionate, so longing to forgive and restore people to Himself, that He seems to "change His mind" showing how His mercy triumphs over judgment.

Elaine, is there a "prophecy of doom" over your life? Are your sins piled so high that God's judgment seems irrevocable and imminent? Don't despair ... repent! With our compassionate God, there is hope even when it seems all is lost. You may have wandered very far from Him -- but if Nineveh, a pagan city, hardened and ripe for judgment and "hopelessly" heading toward destruction, could be saved -- shouldn't you also have hope if you turn back to the Lord? Don't give up -- with Yeshua (Jesus) there is always hope!

Dallas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 23 Feb 2022, 1:17 pm

Elaine, take hold of the mystery of the Lamb!

Revelation 5:8-10 And when He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one having harps and golden vials full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. And they sang a new song, saying, You are worthy to take the book and to open its seals, for You were slain and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every kindred and tongue and people and nation. And You made us kings and priests to our God, and we will reign over the earth.

From the beginning of Genesis (Genesis 4:4) to the end of the Bible (Revelation 22:3), there is a common theme -- the Lamb! In Revelation 6 we read about the Lamb who sits in the midst of the throne -- worshiped by all of heaven because the Lamb was worthy to take the book and open the seals therein. The most harmless of creatures -- the object of sacrifice, becomes the authority of heaven. Isn't it interesting that the focal point of heaven is a Lamb?

The world seeks power, fame and glory... The world's mentality is "survival of the fittest"... This is the way "nature works". And yet, how would a lamb fare in this competitive environment? It appears to be the weakest of all the animals, and yet, is the symbol of power and authority in the Kingdom of God! An amazing paradox. Authority in the Kingdom of God is marked and even defined by gentleness and sacrifice, in total opposition to the world's definition.

When Yeshua died as the lamb of God -- He revealed the greatness of sacrifice. Likewise, Revelation 12:11 declares of the martyrs, "They conquered by the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony; for they loved not their lives even unto death." Several of Yeshua's paradoxical statements illustrate His Kingdom priorities. "He that loses His life for my sake -- shall find it". [Matthew 10:39]. "He that seeks to be greatest in the Kingdom shall become a servant to all". [Matthew 23:11]. Victory through death? Gain through total loss? Great stature through abject servanthood? Such are the beautiful ways of our Lord.

Elaine, meditate on the Lamb, and you will discover the greatness in humility, the authority in harmlessness, the responsibility in servanthood, the victory in surrender, and the majesty in submission to the great God of creation. In His world, servants become kings; surrender becomes victory; death turns to resurrected life. Take hold of the paradox of the Lamb -- take hold of the Kingdom of Heaven!

Dallas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 21 Feb 2022, 11:26 pm

Elaine, become a spring in the desert!

Song of Solomon 1:14 My beloved is to me as a cluster of henna blossoms in the vineyards of En Gedi.

En Gedi is a nature reserve about 40 minutes from our home in Israel. Surrounded by dry, barren, rocky ground, except to the east where the Dead Sea lies, it is an oasis, fed year-round by springs of freshwater, and home to some of the most unique wild and botanical life in the world.

In the Song of Solomon, the King likens his beloved to flowers in the desert, his experience of En Gedi, evoking the dramatic contrast between a harsh and arid landscape and the exquisite refreshing floral beauty of an oasis. Such was Solomon's experience of romantic love, perhaps with the Queen of Sheba.

Now you may feel like you’re walking through a desert -- wandering in a wilderness...thirsty, and perhaps, longing for love...

Seek the Lord your God. His Presence is an eternal spring and a perpetual oasis in this arid world, and His love is better than the most desirable romantic experience you could hope for. It's a love that flows from an eternal spring, Yeshua (Jesus), Himself, and its sweetness and power will cause flowers to bloom throughout your dry and barren life.

Elaine, drink from the spring of life, your beloved, Yeshua – He will fill you to overflowing and make you, yourself, a living spring...for this thirsty, love-starved world.

Be blessed and have a wonderful weekend!  Shabbat Shalom!

Dallas, Texas

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in Texas over the next two weeks, let us know if you're in the area and would like to attend a service! If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.

Editor's Note: Our preferred social media platform is Telegram [ Follow us on Telegram ]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 18 Feb 2022, 8:31 pm

Elaine, one day at a time!

Psalms 25:4-5 Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

A father asked his son to carry a letter from their camp to the village. He pointed out a trail of which the lad had never gone before. “All right Dad, but I don’t see how that path will ever reach the town,” said the boy. “Well son, I'll tell you how. Do you see that big tree down the path?” asked the father. “Oh, yes, I see that far.” “Well, when you get there by the tree, you’ll see the trail a little farther ahead -- and farther down you'll see another big tree -- and when you reach that one you'll be closer and so on until you get within sight of the houses of the village.”

In the same way, I believe God wants to reveal the way for each one of us on our trails toward Him, one tree at a time. Sometimes we're convinced we need to see the end of our path so that we can be reassured that there's something good down there, or that we're going in the right direction, or that we'll be able to see if it gets dark.

Over the past two years sometimes it feels as if we're stumbling in the dark.  Shortly after my brother's sudden death two years ago, we've been "redeployed" to the United States while trying to navigate the Covid lockdowns. 

We've now traveled over 65,000 miles been speaking, traveling, and encouraging the saints in the midst of this pandemic.  In the midst of it all, rarely do we know what we are doing more than a few weeks out, however, the Lord has been faithful through the midst of it all.

We know first hand how it feels to walk and not know where the end will be -- and often wonder if we'll have the strength and sustenance to get there.   

Elaine, It's not easy to move forward and trust that God will light the path ahead and point us in the way we should go. But this is a crucial step toward our growth and maturity in the Lord and we all need to get there. Let's give our hesitation and fear to the Lord. He will not fail us. He will be faithful to light our path and lead us in the way everlasting -- one day at a time. 

Be blessed and have a wonderful weekend!  Shabbat Shalom!

Dallas, Texas

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in Texas over the next two weeks, let us know if you're in the area and would like to attend a service! If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 17 Feb 2022, 8:54 pm

Elaine, good things come to those who WAIT!

James 5:8 You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.

A friend sent us this short story and we couldn't help but use it for today's devotion.

A mother was preparing pancakes for her sons, Kevin, age five and Ryan, three. The boys began to argue over who would get the first pancake. Their mother saw the opportunity for a moral lesson so she said; "Now boys, if Jesus were sitting here, He would say, 'Let my brother have the first pancake. I can wait.'" Kevin turned to his younger brother and said, "Ryan, you be Jesus."

This story cracked me up, but how true is it of our lives? We want what we want and we want it now!

M.H. Lount taught that "God's best gifts come slowly. We could not use them if they did not. Many a man, called of God to... a work in which he is pouring out his life, is convinced that the Lord means to bring his efforts to a successful conclusion. Nevertheless, even such a confident worker grows discouraged at times and worries because results do not come as rapidly as he would desire. But growth and strength in waiting are results often greater than the end so impatiently longed for. Paul had time to realize this as he lay in prison. Moses must have asked, 'Why?' many times during the delays in Midian and in the wilderness. Jesus Himself experienced the discipline of delay in His silent years before His great public ministry began."

Elaine, perhaps you've been waiting on something for a long time and you're weary. You're not alone! Let's ask the Lord to renew our hearts and desires today, and give us a fresh infilling of strength to wait on His perfect timing. Good things come to those who WAIT!

Dallas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 16 Feb 2022, 11:09 pm

Elaine, don't be mopey!

Acts 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.

Many times, our unbelieving family and coworkers -- society in general, can make us feel small and inferior -- like second-class citizens -- because we are believers. Unfortunately, somewhere along the line, somehow, we begin to believe it! We become what I like to call "mopey Christians," just moping around, keeping our faith hidden under a bushel, feeling afraid to say a word about Yeshua (Jesus), in fear that we might offend someone! And that's precisely what the enemy wants us to feel!

But we can choose whether or not to give in to his foolishness today! Yeshua said that those who follow after Him shall never hunger or thirst -- they have been set free from the law of sin and death -- they've been renewed, cleansed, forgiven, loved with an everlasting love! How on earth can we mope about that??

Elaine, we need a reality check. We should be holding our heads high today and ready to tell people about the great work He's done in us! We have been redeemed!

Dallas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 15 Feb 2022, 4:44 pm

Elaine, learn from failure!

Psalms 37:23-24 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholds him with His hand.

Failure is never a pleasant feeling. It isn’t enjoyable to lose a job, see a relationship falter, or fail a test. But the disappointment we feel when we face defeat can be turned to joy if we look at it the right way!

Thomas Edison was busy working in his laboratory at 2 o’clock one morning when an assistant came into the room and noticed that the inventor was smiling broadly.

“Have you solved the problem?” he asked. “No,” replied Edison, “that experiment didn’t work at all. Now I can start over again.” Edison could have such a confident attitude because he knew that the road to success is often paved with disappointments that serve to extend the road — not to block it. Each failure brought him a little closer to success.

Elaine, living a life of victory is not about being perfect — because we are human — and will always make mistakes. The key is learning how to get up after we have fallen. It’s natural to make mistakes — but it’s supernatural to learn from those mistakes and move forward!

Dallas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 14 Feb 2022, 9:56 pm

Elaine, follow your Sar Ha'Chaim!

Isaiah 53:8-9 He was taken from prison and from judgment, And who will declare His generation? For He was cut off from the land of the living; For the transgressions of My people He was stricken. And they made His grave with the wicked-- But with the rich at His deaths [plural in the Hebrew], Because He had done no violence, Nor was any deceit in His mouth.

Acts 3:15 and killed the Prince of life [in Hebrew, lives], whom God raised from the dead, of which we are witnesses.

An interesting parallel exists between these two passages of scripture: Isaiah 53:9 and Acts 3:15. Isaiah renders the "death" of the messiah in the plural form, "deaths" ("motav"). Acts renders the life of the Prince of Life as "lives" ("chaim"). Some scholars suggest that the plurality of the word death indicates a violent death this servant would suffer, and that making the noun plural is a way of emphasizing the terrible intensity of his experience. Jewish counter-missionaries suggest that the "death" in plural shows that the suffering servant is not an individual man, but a group of people, specifically the nation of Israel, thus denying that the passage refers to an individual messianic figure.

I like to look at this passage as a reminder that Yeshua suffered death for me, personally, but also for every one else who would believe in Him. Since we all died with Him on the cross as He died to sin, it could be said that He suffered many deaths for all those He loved.

Tracing the parallel to the Acts passage we can understand why it says there that He was the "Prince of Lives". The phrase is "sar ha-chaim" in the Brit Hadashah (Hebrew New Testament), indicating a plurality of life. In His suffering of deaths, He became the Prince of lives! How many lives did He save? How many kinds of life? We'll find out someday....maybe.

Elaine, Yeshua's death was complete; a finished work of comprehensive grace; totally effective and absolutely personal. His resurrection was equally full, final and personal -- through Him we died to sin, and need no longer walk in it; and through Him we live to God, and can walk in newness of life, abundant life -- for He truly is the Prince of Life!

Dallas, Texas

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in Oklahoma this weekend and in Texas the following weekend! If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 11 Feb 2022, 4:08 pm

Elaine, keep your head up!
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

I read a story about a new young partner in a law firm. The senior partners had set extremely high standards and had coached him carefully. He did well in some minor trials but he lost his first big case. When the partners reviewed the trial, they pointed out his errors and suggested different strategies. Even with all their critique, he lost the next big one. He felt terrible. Were they ready to give him the boot?

Then one of the partners took him aside. "Look," he said, "you're learning. Just keep going. You'll start winning. Meanwhile, your position is secure. You're one of us." Those words were exactly what he needed to hear.

Have you ever experienced this kind of compassion when you were feeling hopeless? If we’re believers, we have. The Lord has taken us aside and said, “Yeah, you’ve made some mistakes, but don’t worry -- your position is secure.

Elaine, know that God has provided your security today. Rest assured in Him -- and be sure to convey that same kind of compassion to struggling siblings in the faith. All of us need to be reassured once in a while. Shabbat Shalom!

Dallas, Texas
Editor's Note: We'll be speaking in Oklahoma this weekend and in Texas the following weekend! If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Editor's Note: Our preferred social media platform is Telegram [ Follow us on  Telegram
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 Feb 2022, 4:56 pm

Elaine, a flower for you!

Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

I heard a story about a man who was imprisoned during Napoleon's reign. While sulking in his dungeon one day, he etched on the wall the words "Nobody Cares".

A few weeks later, through a crack in the dungeon floor, a little green shoot sprang forth, reaching toward the tiny ray of sunlight that came from his small prison cell window. The prisoner began giving a portion of his daily water to the little shoot and it began to grow. One morning the man awoke to a beautiful flower. A tear rolling down his face, he crossed out the words, "Nobody Cares" and replaced them with "God Cares."

The story goes on to tell that His devotion to the flower was reported to the Empress Josephine. She was so very moved that she convinced Napoleon to set the man free.

How many times do we feel like "Nobody Cares"? God has planted little shoots of hope in each and every one of our difficult circumstances -- do you know that? Perhaps we're stepping on them, not even noticing they exist. Perhaps we're pulling the shoots before they spring forth into beautiful flowers.

Elaine, God wants us to be released from our prisons of despair. Look around! See what God has planted since the beginning of time especially for us today. Be encouraged!

Dallas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 09 Feb 2022, 10:09 pm

Elaine, descend!

Matthew 23:11-12 But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whoever exalts himself shall be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

Yeshua (Jesus) began His earthly ministry by being baptized in the Jordan River. The word Jordan in Hebrew is "Yarden" and its root is "yarad". It literally means to descend, which would make sense being that the Jordan descends from over 8,000 feet from Mount Hermon to the Dead Sea which sits more than 1,000 feet below sea level.

If we truly want to walk in the fullness of the Lord, we have to follow the example that Yeshua set before us. Yeshua descended from Heaven, He descended from glory, was baptized in the Jordan and fulfilled the calling that the Father bestowed upon Him by being our perfect sacrifice on Calvary. Yeshua totally and completely surrendered Himself to do His Father's will.

We too, must descend and surrender all that we are and all we have been given. We must truly give our lives, not for our own glory, but for His. Until we do that, we'll never be able to see all the blessings and opportunities the Lord has prepared for us since the foundation of the world.

Elaine, let's learn a lesson from the Yarden today. When we descend, we'll be lifted up! We'll see the blessings freely flow from a Heavenly source which will never run dry!

Dallas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 08 Feb 2022, 5:33 pm

Elaine, are you burdened with a heavy laden?

Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

We have a Christian friend who constantly talks about her problems. Every single time we talk to her she tells us how bad things are going in her life and how much she is lacking. Interestingly, in all the years we've known her and prayed for her, things have only gotten worse. Though she has come to believe in the God of victory, she is not living a victorious life. How many of us are in this boat?

We have another friend who has experienced many hard things in her life. But ever since this friend gave her life to the Lord some years ago, her attitude has changed completely. She is grateful, so very grateful for God's salvation and goodness toward her. Though she began her walk with the Lord with nothing, she has been excited at what God has in store for her life and has often spoken in great faith for her future. This girl has come so far. We have watched her blossom as God has done amazing things in her life. She is now part of a thriving ministry and the Lord is using her mightily. He has blessed her with a home, a car and finances and she reaches out to many with all that she has. It's beautiful.

It seems clear, yet took us some time to realize that the thoughts we think and the things we say are so much more powerful than we can imagine. They are life or death to our ministry, our relationships, our finances and everything else.

Elaine, are you struggling something today? It's time to start looking up! Stop complaining! Start speaking in faith! Watch how the Lord turns things around!

Dallas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 07 Feb 2022, 7:26 pm

Elaine, be careful to take credit!

Isaiah 10:15 Shall the ax boast itself against him who chops with it? Or shall the saw exalt itself against him who saws with it? As if a rod could wield itself against those who lift it up, Or as if a staff could lift up, as if it were not wood!

One constant pitfall we must watch for is taking credit for something that God does in or through us, or using the gifts and callings of God for self-exaltation. In that light it may be easier to handle poverty, weakness, or insignificance, than wealth, ability, power or authority, since poverty and frailty are not normally things we boast about, and they cause us to recognize our need for God. Prosperity, gifting, and anointing, on the other hand can be powerful temptations, leading to pride, covetousness, and self-sufficiency.

Saul, who came from a humble background, was anointed king of Israel, yet his heart was revealed when the Lord exalted him, but he exulted in his own position, eventually coveting it so severely he became a fierce enemy of God. The Lord then removed His spirit from Saul and the true condition of the man became apparent to everyone.

Even the great Solomon whose gifting, anointing, and prosperity were unsurpassed in some ways, seems to have taken for granted his abilities and wealth, and, somehow, rationalizing his blatant disobedience to God's law, he fell into idolatry and brought disaster to the Kingdom of Israel. This seems amazing, given the fact that Solomon's most precious gift was his wisdom. (Those with this gift should take note).

Elaine, be careful how you handle the gifts and successes that God gives you! Enjoy His blessings as you serve in your family, business, or ministry – but never forget where it all comes from, and to whom the glory belongs, cause if you do, He will be sure to remind you.

Dallas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 Feb 2022, 6:08 pm

Elaine, keep pressing forward!

Isaiah 33:2 O LORD, be gracious unto us; we have waited for thee: be thou their arm every morning, our salvation also in the time of trouble.

During the building of the Golden Gate Bridge over San Francisco Bay, construction fell badly behind schedule because several workers had accidentally fallen from the scaffolding to their deaths. Engineers and administrators could find no solution to the costly delays. Finally, someone suggested a gigantic net be hung under the bridge to catch any who fell. Finally, in spite of the enormous cost, the engineers opted for the net. After it was installed, progress was hardly interrupted. A worker or two fell into the net but were saved. Ultimately, all the time lost to fear was regained by replacing fear with faith in the net.

Do you have a fear of falling or failing? The Lord is always right there to be our net -- to catch us when we fall. He is our salvation in time of trouble and provides the perfect safety net in Messiah!

Elaine, spend the weekend resting in Him and His finished work completed 2000 years ago. Shabbat Shalom and continue to press on full steam ahead!

Dallas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next