World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 11:01 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 10:44 pm by Admin

» What is Shavuot and What is Pentecost?
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 10:41 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 10:36 pm by Admin

» The Ayatollah Who Supports Israel
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 10:15 pm by Admin

» AISH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 10:14 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 9:39 pm by Admin

» ARE THE HOSTAGES IN EGYPT?
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 9:31 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 9:30 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 8:45 pm by Admin

» Breaking IranCopter Crash Pres.Raisi
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 7:58 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 10:14 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 10:00 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 9:39 pm by Admin

» Europe resolution on Zelenskyy’s “peace formula”
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 9:03 pm by Admin

» Israel Judaica and Roman Hadrian
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 4:34 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 2:33 pm by Admin

» Ancient Hatred Reviving? Vatican
WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 12:53 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 10 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 10 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Thu 03 Feb 2022, 4:58 pm

Elaine, have you lost your memory?

Psalms 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

D .L. Moody said, "Those who say they will forgive but can't forget, bury the hatchet, but they leave the handle out for immediate use."

My wife and I don't argue much, but we've had our moments, just like anyone else. And when the bickering begins, the remembering begins.

Have you ever noticed that when we get upset about something, we begin hashing up all these things that have happened in the past? Things we thought were long forgiven and forgotten suddenly flood our minds and stir up feelings of anger and bitterness. Before we know it, our enemy has us ensnared in a web of frustration and unforgiveness!

The same is true when we experience failure in our day-to-day lives. The devil knows how to bring up all the memories of past failures which make it exceedingly difficult for us to forgive ourselves and get free

Satan would love nothing more than to keep us bound up in unforgiveness -- to bring up those bad memories and torment us with them. He knows how successfully these things keep us from moving forward for the Lord! But we need to recognize his tactics and loose ourselves!

When we repent and confess the Lord truly forgives us. Our sins are cast as far as the East is from the West. He removes them from His record loving us with a love undeserved. We need to do the same for ourselves, our loved ones, and even our worst enemies.

Elaine, the Lord wants us to get free so that we can help others get free. We can't help anyone else when we're all bound up ourselves! Let's cast our painful memories onto the cross and ask Him to help us truly forgive and forget.

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Dallas, Texas

Editor's Note: Our preferred social media platform is Telegram [ Follow us on Telegram ].
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 02 Feb 2022, 11:58 pm

Elaine, choose Godspeed!

Proverbs 16:17 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil; He who keeps his way preserves his soul.

Mark 1:15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."

Proverbs says the "highway of the upright is to depart from evil". It's a highway -- a way of life so to speak. And this proverb coincides with the central teaching of Yeshua (Jesus) -- "Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand." What does it mean to repent? The Greek Word is "metanoia" which simply means to change your mind about sin or to depart from evil.

Repentance is essentially a new attitude about the way I conduct my life. I don't expect perfection while remaining in this mortal body -- but a lifestyle of repentance means that I choose to live my life set apart unto the Lord, in communion with His Holy Spirit who lives in me, constantly turning away from and/or confessing my sins. Repentance does not involve rehearsing guilt, regret, or sins of the past, because true repentance and confession removes those from our conscience and the Lord declares them to be as far as the east is from the west!

Elaine, choose the highway of the upright and speed your way through life's journey to the Kingdom of Heaven which awaits you. The enemy would love to sidetrack or distract you with the enticement of sin -- but even if he succeeds temporarily, you can always repent -- and speedily, get back on the right road --the highway of the upright.

Dallas, Texas

Editor's Note: Our preferred social media platform is Telegram [ Follow us on Telegram ].
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 Feb 2022, 8:36 pm

Elaine, multiply your talents!

Matthew 25:26-29 But his lord answered and said to him, 'You wicked and slothful servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. Then you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, and on my coming I would have received my money back with interest. Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents. For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away.

Reading this parable, we are struck by the serious consequences of failing to produce Kingdom fruit. But there's something I want to particularly point out. Many of the great heroes of the faith -- people like Moses and David, were not given great responsibilities immediately. Each of these men first served as a lowly shepherd, tending sheep. Having tested them first in this humble vocation, God then felt confident to elevate them to positions of greatness -- but it all started with a small step!

God is testing his saints in the little things -- as we pass our early tests, the Lord will promote us to greater things. Don't despise the day of small things -- a single talent invested wisely can produce a bountiful harvest! And remember that it begins with faithful stewardship of whatever gift or talent that God has allocated to you.

Elaine, let's be wise stewards in these last days, using our divinely given abilities for His glory and purposes so that we can produce an abundant return on the Lord's investment in our lives. Let's heed the warning and the encouragement that Yeshua (Jesus) gives us in this parable, multiplying, rather than hiding our talent. Amen!

Dallas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 31 Jan 2022, 9:32 pm

Elaine, take part of prophetic history!

Isaiah 60:1-3 Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD has risen upon you. For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the LORD will arise upon you, and his glory will be seen upon you. And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.

On January 1st 1863, U.S. President Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation which proclaimed freedom for all slaves in the ten states which were in rebellion. At the time, when U.S. Secretary of State Seward took the document to the President to sign, Lincoln took a pen, and held it for a moment. He then removed his hand and dropped his pen. Lincoln turned to Seward and said, "I have been shaking hands since nine o'clock this morning and my right arm is almost paralyzed. If my name ever goes into history, it will be for this act, and my whole soul is in it." He hesitated, then took the pen, and without wavering, took the document and boldly signed it!

When you do something for history, you want to do it right and with your whole heart! As children of God, what we do on this earth will redound to our eternal existence. As Abraham Lincoln recognized his quintessential moment in history -- we too must recognize our "moment in time". The season we are in seems filled with portent, and many of us may be making critical decisions and choices now. Like Esther, we were born "for such a time as this". We will need prayerful, scripturally based discernment, and then, resolute boldness to stand where the Lord has placed us, say what He wants us to say, and do what He wants us to do.

While untold millions have been waiting for the promised return of our Messiah for centuries– the one sign they lacked was the restoration of Israel. Through all those past generations it was only in our own that the Jewish people have returned to their homeland, the beginning of Ezekiel's vision, well under way, and inexorably headed toward the spiritual revival of the dry bones [Ezekiel 37]. We do not know all the details, but we are watching and participating in this with great excitement.

Elaine, we are living prophetic history....and are probably in the last act. As history advances and accelerates there will be times when we must be decisive, bold, and unwavering in spirit – fully realizing that our actions are being recorded now...and in the annals of eternity!

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 28 Jan 2022, 11:02 pm

Elaine, hold the fort, Jesus is coming!

Luke 19:12-13 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

During the American Civil War in the 1860's, a fierce battle took place at Altoona Pass. It was a key supply point for the Union Army, so the Confederate Army led by General Hood sought to take Altoona Pass which held over a million and a half rations. When Union General Sherman realized Hood's plans, he dispatched General Corse along with 1,500 men to hold the city.

As the battle ensued, General Corse and his forces were forced into a small fort on a crest of a hill. The Northern army was being overwhelmed, with nearly half the men either killed or wounded in the battle. Things were looking extremely bleak when in the distance from a mountain top twenty miles away flags were being used to dispatch a message, and those in the fort knew the message being sent, "Hold the fort; I am coming. W.T. Sherman."

This sign gave the beleaguered army renewed strength to continue fighting the battle for another three hours until reinforcements finally arrived.

From this battle, a famous Christian song was written and its chorus is so eloquent for us today, "Hold the fort, for I am coming, Jesus signals still; Wave the answer back to heaven, By thy grace we will!"

Elaine, in the midst of spiritual battles we can often feel besieged on every side – but HOLD THE FORT! Get some rest this weekend and renew your strength in the Lord for the victory is already won – we just need to continue fighting because He is coming!

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 26 Jan 2022, 8:59 pm

Elaine, all aboard!

Hebrews 2:10-11 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

After nearly completing his first overseas cruise, a young ensign was given an opportunity to display his capabilities at getting the ship under way. With a stream of commands, he had the decks buzzing with men and soon the ship was steaming out the channel en route to the states.

His efficiency established a new record for getting a destroyer under Way, so he was not surprised when a seaman approached him with a message from the captain. Strangely though, it was a radio message and it read: "My personal congratulations to you upon completing your underway preparation exercise according to the book and with amazing speed. In your haste, however, you have overlooked one of the unwritten rules--make sure the captain is aboard before getting under way."

We may think our lives are in order. We may have them managed them to a tee and people may wish they were us -- our businesses are prospering, our kids are doing well in school, our marriage is sweeter than ever. But if the Captain is not on board, at some point, we're going to have to head back and start again.

Elaine, let's make sure the Lord is on board our lives today. There's so much more we can do when He is!

Denver, Colorado

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 25 Jan 2022, 11:07 pm

Elaine, let the light shine in the darkness!

Matthew 16:13-16 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?" So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

This groundbreaking conversation took place at Caesarea Phillipi, which lies today in the modern-day reserve of the Banias in the Golan Heights region of Israel. The city was established by Ptolemaic Greeks, a Hellenistic community where the worship of the god Pan was centered. Reviled by the Jews of Yeshua's time and considered by them the most idolatrous place in the entire Galilee, to this day it remains a place of nature worship and deep paganism.

Why did Yeshua (Jesus) deliberately take his disciples to the most sinful, pagan place to reveal who He was? Why not in the temple courts, or the tomb of Jeremiah or one of the prophets, where He might feel more at home and welcomed? No, Yeshua revealed who He really was... in the darkest corner of Israel.

Now that tells me that the Lord is not shy about shining His light in dark places, and that includes the ones inside me. Psalm 139 tells me that He is intimately acquainted with all of them –that I can forget about keeping secrets from Him. It seems He rather delights in walking into enemy territory and taking ground. Those areas of my life that I don’t want anyone else to see, (and usually can hide from them) – He wants to visit, speak His word, illuminate and cleanse the place! The places where I'm darkest and weakest are His greatest opportunities to be glorified through repentance, transformation, and healing.

Elaine, take time to open before God the dark areas of your life, trusting in His perfect and patient love for you. He wants to reveal His forgiveness and beauty right where you are most ashamed and miserable. The gates of Hell shall not prevail against a saint whose faith and courage invite Yeshua deep into the hidden areas of his soul, to be cleansed and given over to Him.

Denver, Colorado

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 24 Jan 2022, 6:38 pm

Elaine, life awaits us!

Philippians 3:13-14 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

There are two kinds of birds that roam the desert: vultures and hummingbirds. The vulture thrives on a diet of rotting meat. He flies overhead searching for traces of leftover carcasses from slow-footed critters eaten by wild animals who've already had their fill.

Hummingbirds, on the other hand, will sweep through the desert, passing over all those repulsive, dead animals and seek colorful patches of beautiful wild desert flowers. They will suckle the delicious juices of those sweet desert blossoms and be satisfied.

While vultures look to the dead for their survival, the hummingbird seeks the living! Likewise, some of us unconsciously look to our past with its regrets, failures, and sins to keep us alive. We think that somehow by looking back to those dead things, we might find some motivation to keep surviving here and now. But let's take a lesson from the hummingbird.

Elaine, let's sweep past that which is dead and focus on the sweet new life -- the exciting future that God holds for us as we continue seeking Him and moving forward in our relationship with Him!

Denver, Colorado

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 21 Jan 2022, 4:27 pm

Elaine, find the secret of stability!

Isaiah 33:6 And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the LORD is his treasure.

Have you ever felt uneasy, unsettled or unstable? Or maybe a better question is -- who hasn’t? How do we overcome these feelings? This is what George Muller wrote in His diary on May 9, 1841:

"Now, I saw that the most important thing I had to do was to give myself to the reading of the Word of God, and to meditation on it, that thus my heart might be comforted, encouraged, warned, reproved, instructed...by breakfast time, with rare exceptions, I am in a peaceful if not happy state of heart."

The word faith in Hebrew is "emunah" (em-oo-nah). But interestingly, the word stability in the verse above is the Hebrew word, 'emunah"! Faith and stability are linked one to another. How do we become more stable and settled despite the circumstances surrounding our lives? By gaining faith! "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God."

Elaine, when we search for wisdom and knowledge in His word, we become more stable in our walk -- and in our lives! As the world seems to be spinning out of control, let’s aim to spend more time in the Word and gain stability in the midst of these last days! Be blessed -- enjoy your weekend! Shabbat Shalom!

Denver, Colorado
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 20 Jan 2022, 3:12 pm

Elaine, who are you now?

1 Samuel 17:26-29 Then David spoke to the men who stood by him, saying, "What shall be done for the man who kills this Philistine and takes away the reproach from Israel? For who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?" And the people answered him in this manner, saying, "So shall it be done for the man who kills him." Now Eliab his oldest brother heard when he spoke to the men; and Eliab's anger was aroused against David, and he said, "Why did you come down here? And with whom have you left those few sheep in the wilderness? I know your pride and the insolence of your heart, for you have come down to see the battle." And David said, "What have I done now? Is there not a cause?"

David's faith and courage in volunteering to fight Goliath were an embarrassment to his big brother Eliab, an officer in King Saul's army. I imagine his thinking went something like this; “If my little brother wins everybody will ask, 'How come you didn't go out and fight him?'” The Bible records that Eliab “burned with anger at David and asked, 'Why have you come down here? And with whom did you leave those few sheep in the desert? I know how conceited you are and how wicked your heart is...'” These are devastating words from an older brother. Before David could defeat Goliath he first had to overcome the attitudes, accusations, and words, of those close around him.

The defeat of Goliath had massive implications for Israel and for the Lord. Satan had staked a great deal on Goliath's terrifying power. So wherever the enemy had an opportunity in the sinful attitudes of David's friends and family he maximized them, realizing that David truly had the anointing of God to turn the tide of battle. And God allowed David to be tested by his own closest kin.

If there is a true Goliath in your life and you are appointed to slay him be assured you will face similar tests from those close by. When you make decisions to step out and follow God it will put pressure on others to do the same. Their shame and lack of faith will move them to attack, belittle and criticize you. It will come from among those closest to you, especially if your calling sets you apart!

Elaine, be careful around those who say, “I knew you when...” in an attempt to label, libel, or limit you – much like David's brother Eliab tried to hinder him. David was empowered by the Lord to slay Goliath – if you have that same Spirit and calling then humbly step aside and say, "What have I done now? Isn't there a real job to be done?" Then go ahead, and do it.

Denver, Colorado

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 19 Jan 2022, 3:05 pm

Elaine, beware!

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: therefore be wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Nature provides us with an illustration that closely parallels the insidious tactics employed by our adversary. According to scientists, Arctic polar bears feed almost entirely on seals. To enjoy such a meal, they sometimes resort to a cunning bit of trickery. If the hole through which the seal gets his food is near the edge of the ice, the polar bear will take a deep breath and swim under water to its exact location. Remaining below the surface, he will then make a tiny scratching sound, imitating a fish. When the charmed seal hears this, he dives in for a quick supper, only to find himself suddenly entrapped in the huge, hungry embrace of his predator.

God has sent us forth as sheep among the wolves. There are so many theories disguising themselves as Godly. We're hungry for that meal -- but we must be wise enough to make sure it's not a trap! Keep reading and studying the Word of God! Pray and ask Him to reveal His truth.

Elaine, the enemy loves to tempt us with a 'treat' so he can devour us! Don't take anyone's word but God's!

Phoenix, Arizona

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 18 Jan 2022, 5:36 pm

Elaine, it's time for the blossoming!

Isaiah 35:1-2 The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the LORD, and the excellency of our God.

One thing I miss about Israel is the abundance of fruit everywhere! Delicious citrus fruit, mango, pomegranate, grapes, cactus fruit, avocado -- and much much more! It's common to see people people pick and eat it as they walk by. And it doesn't taste like your average western fruit either. It seems to be especially sweet. It must be because God has blessed the land it's grown upon!

Yesterday marked the Jewish holiday of Tu B' Shvat and the beginning of the new year for trees. It is customary to plant trees and partake of the fruits of the Land to commemorate the occasion. God has declared that fruit shall blossom from the desert!

I love this passage. It reminds me that even the dry desert areas in our lives can come to life! The Lord declares that He will restore the years the locusts have eaten! No matter how desolate we've been, this is the time to blossom!

Elaine, our lives are meant to flourish in the Lord! Let's ask Him to touch us in a special way this season. May we spring to life and blossom abundantly. May that which was once dead spring to life and may everyone around us may see the evidence of the glory of God!

Phoenix, Arizona

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 17 Jan 2022, 4:24 pm

Elaine, don't neglect your huppah!

Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

In Israel, couples are married beneath a "huppah", which is a beautiful canopy under which the ceremony takes place. The word "huppah" means "covering" but also, a "chamber" or "marriage room". So the canopy is a reminder that the marriage chamber is the most important room in the house for a husband and wife because it's the most intimate room. The huppah emphasizes marital intimacy and reminds us that even if we have the most luxurious mansion in the world, neglecting the place of intimacy spells deep trouble for our marriage.

In Paul's letter to the Ephesians he says this: "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church." In another place he says; "For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ."

In some profound and mystical way our relationship to Yeshua (Jesus) is powerfully portrayed by the marriage relationship between a man and a woman. This means that we have been created and redeemed for intimacy with our Lord. He deeply desires us to be close with Him just as a husband desires his wife. Without a place of intimacy, our relationship will become dull, stagnant and eventually turn cold and lifeless. Our spirituality will also become ritualistic, performance-oriented, and deeply discontented. This is not the Lord's will, desire, or intention for us.

Elaine, renew the place of intimacy, your spiritual "huppah", with your Heavenly Husband; it's the place where the fire of love burns – He's waiting for you!

Phoenix, Arizona

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 14 Jan 2022, 8:15 pm

Elaine, expect great things!

Luke 12:30-32 For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.  Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Among those in the court of Alexander the Great was a philosopher of outstanding ability but little money. He asked Alexander for financial help and was told to draw whatever he needed from the imperial treasury. But when the man requested an amount equal to $50,000, he was refused -- the treasurer needed to verify that such a large sum was authorized.

When he asked Alexander, the ruler replied, "Pay the money at once. The philosopher has done me a singular honor. By the largeness of his request he shows that he has understood both my wealth and generosity."

In the same way, we honor the Lord when we come to Him humbly and ask for great things.  Oftentimes, people may believe they are not "worthy" of receiving great things from the Lord -- so they neglect to even ask! But if we're asking according to His will -- and seeking His Kingdom -- then we should expect GREAT things!

Elaine, so be encouraged, ask, and believe! For the Lord himself said, "it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the Kingdom." [Luke 12:32] Shabbat Shalom ... enjoy your weekend!

Phoenix, Arizona

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 13 Jan 2022, 9:58 pm

Elaine, show some end time love!

Matthew 24:12-13 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

The Bible speaks of a great falling away in the last days (2 Thessalonians 2) before the end of the age arrives, and it seems that we're seeing it on a grand scale all around us. Virtually everywhere we look we're watching the decline of morality and ethics -- in government, entertainment, and social culture. It seems hard to deny that we're living in the final days of abounding iniquity which Yeshua (Jesus) foretold.

This is not an easy time for true believers. The evil around us can be so discouraging and the darkness so oppressive that it really threatens our ability to walk in love. Yet the reality of the gospel is brighter and more relevant than ever in this world. And the inner light of Messiah burning in us will be all the more intense and warm in this gloomy landscape, if -- and only if, we fill our lamps with His holy oil and burn with His last days love. Anti-Christ culture is permeating our society. But we respond with the enduring culture of Messiah, a culture of supernatural love that will not die.

Elaine, take heart and don't be deceived or discouraged, or allow your love to grow cold. These signs of the end are simply proof that God is on His throne and His sovereign Word is being fulfilled exactly as He spoke it. Continue in His love. Radiate His light. Wherever you are, wherever you go, bring His love. Love will endure, even forever.

Phoenix, Arizona
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Jan 2022, 11:58 pm

Elaine, fight to win!

1 Cor 9:24-27 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

Writing to the Corinthian Church, Paul illustrates his exhortation using the metaphors of running a race and fighting a boxing match. Victory is achieved by bringing your body into submission to the will of God.

Their idolatrous culture promoted in the Corinthians an intense passion to win. In Greek mythology, Nike was the goddess of victory. She fought on the side of the Olympian gods, triumphing over the mighty Titans and thus became a powerful symbol of victory.

Her divine her powers were not limited to warfare. She was also solicited by Greek athletes who sought victory in competitive sports. A major manufacturer of athletic shoes took note of this and named their company after the goddess. The Romans gave Nike the Latin name "Victoria" from which we get our English word - "victory".

The apostle Paul, with characteristic cultural awareness, addresses the Corinthians in a language they well understand. He is seeking to harness their passion for victory and transform it for spiritual purposes seeking to motivate them with eternal rewards which the Lord has promised to those who serve Him well.

Elaine, in Yeshua (Jesus) we have real Divine power which the ancient pagans could not have dreamed of. It is a power to win where it really counts...with and for our wonderful Lord! We too, need to discipline our bodies, bringing them under submission, and run the race of faith without looking back - we can be victorious. We will obtain an eternal crown, which will never fade!

Phoenix, Arizona

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 11 Jan 2022, 2:56 pm

Elaine, have a heart after God!

Psalms 89:3-4 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant, Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah. [Selah in Hebrew means “pause and ponder this!”]

Matthew 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David [in the Hebrew New Testament it’s written - Yeshua HaMashiach ben David], the son of Abraham.

New Testament genealogies of Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus the Christ) all identify Him as the son of king David. It was universally understood from the Tenach (OT) that the messiah would be descended from David and that he would restore the Davidic monarchy to its ultimate and most universal expression, even that this king would reign and sit on the throne forever.

Why was Yeshua's identification with David so significant? One reason is that David is the only man in the Bible about whom the Lord said, this is “a man after My own heart”. Yet we know well David's imperfections ... adultery and murder -- so why would God say this about him? I believe it was David's lifelong love for and abandoned worship of the Lord, and also his contrite heart (Ps. 51) and the depth of his sorrow and repentance which showed this relationship to be the most important and precious in his life.

God isn’t expecting perfection from us -- His Son has provided that. Yeshua alone is the Man whose heart and actions are flawless. But David exemplified a man whose love and respect for his God were constant, if imperfect, a man after God's own heart. And this is the heart that God is seeking today, contrite, worshipful, and filled with respect and love for our God.

Elaine, David provides a wonderful example for us who are as imperfect as he was. We may fall and fail miserably – but its how we get up that makes the difference. Our constant desire to preserve this most precious of all relationships will show that we too have a heart after God. I know I want to hear Him say, "Yes, you are truly someone after my own heart!"

Phoenix, Arizona

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 10 Jan 2022, 5:01 pm

Elaine, well, what are you waiting for?

Revelation 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Wells are used to extract water from the ground below as we all know. Nowadays, there are built-in filters to sift out unwanted particles that could clog the pipe that leads from the water source to the well. But back in Abraham's time when these wells were built, I'm not so sure.

The reason those wells needed to be re-excavated was that over the years, dirt and debris had filled them and water and could no longer flow freely in.

I think some of us are ancient wells, built without filters. We have allowed all kinds of sin particles to pass through and linger until we have become dry and barren.

It's time to dig -- dig down as deep as we can go -- sort through all that dross -- till we find the Water source. And once we get there, we need to get our wells cleansed and purified, and build our filters so this doesn't happen again. If we're going to do this job right, unfortunately, it won't be easy -- digging is hard work! But it will be well worth it!

Elaine, let's get away with the Lord today. That's a number one priority. We need to get some time alone with Him. Fight for it if that's what you need to do. But we need it!! He wants to help us do the digging. He wants to break the strongholds of sin upon us. He wants to get that living water flowing through us again!

Phoenix, Arizona

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 07 Jan 2022, 3:04 pm

Elaine, drink from the fountain of youth!

Psalms 103:5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

From the moment we were conceived we began aging, growing older by the day. We may slow down the physical aging process by exercising, eating right and other natural techniques – but we cannot ultimately stop it. This mortal flesh, our outer man, is "wasting away" and moving toward decay as we await the immortal bodies promised us in the Resurrection.

Yet this scripture offers us a renewal of our youth. And we see some remarkable examples of this, especially in the Old Testament. It is said of Moses at the age of a hundred and twenty that "his eyes were not weak nor his strength gone." [Deuteronomy 34:7] Caleb had this testimony: "So here I am today, eighty-five years old! I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I’m just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then." [Joshua 14:10-11]. Even after the flood of Noah's day, it seems we have some access to longevity and vigor.

We have all heard of the "Fountain of Youth". You can still drink from a spring in St. Augustine Florida, commemorating the Spanish explorer, Ponce De Leon's legendary search for it. Ponce's body is long gone. And however long he survived, I suggest he was looking for the wrong "Fountain".

Our Spring of Living Water, our source of youth and vigor is our God, our Father in Heaven, His Son Yeshua (Jesus), and His Presence and His indwelling Holy Spirit. The Way, the Truth, and THE LIFE, lives within every born again believer. Dwelling in His Presence is the fountain of renewed youth for us.

Moses spent great amounts of time in and near the Presence of God. Check it out for yourself. Moses even glowed from it, once, and it clearly affected his physical constitution. Spending time with God, in His Presence, in His Word, will renew your youth; physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

Elaine, are you feeling old today? Get into His Presence; get into His Word, and be renewed once again! Shabbat Shalom!

Phoenix, Arizona

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 06 Jan 2022, 3:45 pm

Elaine, remember that you're on the winning side!

1 John 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.

As we are entering some of the most turbulent times in history, we've been receiving an unbelievable amount of email expressing concern about the future. But I want to tell you a little something -- the future is VICTORY!

It's not defeat or loss. If you think about it, all the great leaders of the Bible shone in the hardest of times. When the giant Goliath stood against the army of Israel, David didn't sit around with his brothers complaining about how big Goliath was. Though David was a dwarf next to this evil giant, he was still convinced he was going to be victorious because God was on his side!

When the apostles saw Yeshua die, they must have felt utterly defeated -- then, suddenly, there he was, out from the grave, gloriously alive before them -- and from then on they walked in His victory! They didn't sit around complaining about Roman persecution, the Sanhedrin, or the Pharisees. They didn't get wrapped up in how evil the world was becoming; instead, they pressed forward in the worst of times and in those dark days they shone like the stars in the midnight sky.

Elaine, in the face of everything that's happening around us, let's be sure we're not developing a defeatist attitude. We are called children of the King, a royal priesthood, and a holy nation. Despite how bad things may be getting -- don't forget we're on the winning team! We can stand against this evil and overcome it... with good!

Phoenix, Arizona

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 Jan 2022, 6:21 pm

Elaine, relax!

"Matthew 8:26-27 But He said to them, "Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?" Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. So the men marveled, saying, "Who can this be, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?"

Whew! What must the disciples have felt back then as they saw the waves crashing against their boat? They were being swayed from side to side in the deep dark sea. They were afraid for their lives! But our Lord was there all along. He just wanted them to trust.

So often we find ourselves in that same boat, don’t we? And then we wonder, “Lord, are you there?! Don’t you see these waves about to consume me?

But He does! He sees all, hears all, knows all. He is the same Lord that calmed that storm two thousand years ago and He can cause the winds and the seas to cease, and the trials of our lives to become calm in an instant.

Elaine, find your "shalom" in the midst of your storm ... for it's in these storms we learn of God's faithfulness and when He displays His awesome power.  Let's renew our trust in the Lord today -- for God has great plans for those who will put their trust in Him.

Phoenix, Arizona

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 04 Jan 2022, 5:05 pm

Elaine, get the real thing!

1 Kings 8:27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You. How much less this temple which I have built!

Perhaps you’ve seen pictures or have even visited the Western Wall in Jerusalem, what many believe to be the last standing Wall of the Second Temple. But people come from all over the world to pray there and put their prayer notes into the cracks between its stones. Believe it or not, I’ve actually come across a few websites which advertise their desire to receive your faxed prayer requests -- and for a low, low fee of 29.99, will take and put them into the cracks of the wall for you!

This is a very nice gesture and all ---- but who needs it? God is ALIVE! He hears us whenever and wherever we call!

When Solomon set out to build the first temple, the Lord told Him that He cannot be contained in a manmade structure. He is infinite and all-encompassing! He’s not in a wall or any other man-made object! And amazingly, infinite as He is, He promises to draw near to us as we draw near to Him!

God wants to have a deep and intimate relationship with us. He wants us to experience the life-changing power of His healing and deliverance in our lives. In the words of Keith Green, “Going to church doesn’t make us a Christian any more than going to McDonald’s makes us a hamburger”!

Elaine, let’s not get distracted by the man-made ways people try to connect with God – let’s cry out for intimacy with Him right here and right now. And let’s also not forget to pray for revelation for all who seek Him – that they would see the truth of the Messiah, Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus).

Phoenix, Arizona

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 31 Dec 2021, 7:04 pm

Elaine, it only gets better in God!

Revelation 21:3-4 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.

As the world prepares to celebrate the end of 2021 and enters into 2022, it looks toward the conclusion of yet another year. However, God has not been working his plan according to the Gregorian calendar -- but rather according to His own calendar. For example, when Yeshua (Jesus) was crucified, and became the Lamb of God slain for the world, it was on the Biblical feast of Passover (Pesach in Hebrew). When He rose again from the dead, His resurrection was precisely on the feast of first fruits. Fifty days later, the Holy Spirit was poured out during the Hebrew Feast of Shevuot or better known as Pentecost. This marked the beginning of the harvest season and we've been in the midst of the great harvest for the past 2000 years. The fall feasts have yet to be fulfilled prophetically, however we as believers are groaning for the world's redemption!

While the world focuses on life now -- on youth, beauty, health and ability -- these things fade away and according to the world, in the autumn of life -- life goes downhill. However, we as believers realize that it's completely the opposite in God. The best is yet to come for those of us who are believers!

In the Chronicles of Narnia, famed Christian author C.S. Lewis so poetically concluded his novel by writing these truths.

"And as He spoke He no longer looked to them like a lion; but the things that began to happen after that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them. And for us this is the end of all the stories, and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story. All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on forever: in which every chapter is better than the one before."

God is saving the best for last! While things of the world get worse, become old and fade away. The things of God only get better! Rejoice and look toward the day when there is no more death, no more sorrow, and no more pain because in Him all these things will pass away. Make 2022 your best year yet in the Lord! Throw away all the worldly pursuits and pursue God like you've never done before -- because the greatest celebration awaits us!

Elaine, with another year under our belts as we close out 2021 -- let's go into 2022 remembering that the best is yet to come -- soon enough we'll enter a time where "every chapter is better than the one before!"

Phoenix, Arizona

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 30 Dec 2021, 10:00 pm

Elaine, you, too, are in the midst of a war!

1 Peter 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.

Revelation 8:3-4 And another angel came and stood at the altar with a golden censer, and he was given much incense to offer with the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar before the throne, and the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, rose before God from the hand of the angel.

A foreign soldier was brought before his commanding officer and accused of communicating with the enemy. He had been seen emerging from an area where their troops were known to patrol. The poor man summed up his defense in a few words, stating that he had slipped away to spend an hour alone in prayer. "Have you been in the habit of spending an hour in private prayer?" demanded the officer. "Yes, Sir," he replied. "Well," said his commander, "never in your life have you been in more need of prayer than right now. Kneel down and pray aloud so that we all may hear you."

Expecting cruel punishment, maybe even death, the soldier dropped to his knees and poured out his heart to God. His prayer revealed a deep intimacy with God. His earnest fluency, humble appeal for divine intervention, and very evident trust in one who was strong to deliver, told without a doubt that he came regularly to the throne of grace.

"You are free to go," said the officer. "No one could have prayed that way without a long apprenticeship -- soldiers who never attend drill are always ill at ease for the review."

This soldier was praying intensely because he was plunged in the midst of a battle -- the entire world is a battlefield on an epic level spiritually, and you're in the thick of it.

One of the tactics of the enemy is to prevent us from praying. I read a statistic recently that the average Christian spends just seven minutes a day in prayer

Elaine, let's realize the strategy of the enemy, and become disciplined in prayer. As you pray, remind yourself that you're not just praying, but warring against principalities and powers in the heavenly places. As we come to a realization that we're are battling, our prayers will become more intensified and our actions will then be backed by the power of prayer -- this is how we change the small world around us!

Phoenix, Arizona

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 29 Dec 2021, 6:23 pm

Elaine, touch someone and bring out their inner beauty!

Isaiah 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

A young couple was visiting a renown jewelry store in New York City. They browsed through cases of magnificent diamonds with their gleaming yellow light along with many other splendid precious stones. Among those beautiful stones, one in particular caught his wife's eye. It was completely lusterless and didn't seem to be in the right place.

"That is one terrible looking stone, do you see that?", the she said. The curious husband asked a clerk if they could see the stone. The clerk opened the case, took out the stone and held it in his hand for a few minutes. When he opened it, there was a perfectly flawless stone. There was not a place on it that didn't gleam with the splendor of the rainbow. "How did you do that?", they asked in surprise. "This is an opal", he replied. "It is what we call the sympathetic jewel. It only needs contact with the human hand to bring out its wonderful beauty."

Elaine, merely a touch brings out this stone's beauty. We live in a world where beauty is hidden under pain, sin, and suffering. How many lives only need the warm touch of human sympathy, love, and compassion, to make them gleam with a radiant splendor? Reach out and touch someone today for His glory!

Phoenix, Arizona

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 27  Next