World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 40 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 40 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel Reserve Soldiers killed
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyYesterday at 10:11 pm by Admin

» Open letter Jewish COLLEGE STUDENTS
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyYesterday at 9:42 pm by Admin

» Historic Milestone Saudi Arabia-Israel stability
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyYesterday at 9:08 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyYesterday at 5:36 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyYesterday at 5:19 pm by Admin

» PRO TRUTH of Israel what Pro PA want
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyYesterday at 4:59 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyYesterday at 4:19 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:56 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:05 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 10:59 pm by Admin

» iNSPIRATIONAL DEVOTION Israel
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 10:38 pm by Admin

» THE FREE PRESS
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 5:52 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:40 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:37 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:24 pm by Admin

» Jewish History~ WHO DOES IT BELONG TO
Focus on Harry Potter EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:22 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Focus on Harry Potter

2 posters

Go down

Focus on Harry Potter Empty Re: Focus on Harry Potter

Post  PetriFB Tue 09 Jun 2009, 6:28 am

J. K. Rowling has written Harry Potter books, which are like handbook of occultism. Through these books children and young people are taught to think, to speak, to get dressed and act in the way like witches. Books have been written as fantasy and fiction book, but more accurate observation shows us that purpose is also filling up minds of young people with sorcery.

First Harry Potter book was "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone", which tells that Harry finds the new world when he goes to Hogwart witch school. In this occultist school Harry Potter learn to use and handle sorcery. Harry Potter learns there also a new vocabulary as "Azkaban", "Circe", "Draco", "Erised", "Hermes", and "Slytherin". Above mentioned names are the name of real demons, they are not thus imagination characters and not fiction. This is very serious! When millions young people are reading these books they learn how to co-operate with demons and sorcery. They even learn the name of demons! Many Christian homes have these books and their kids have permission to read those evil books. Christian parents have a big responsibility, and they must tell what kind of books Harry Potter books are and after that wipe out those books from their home.

J.K. Rowling has said that she doesn't promote witchcraft in Harry Potter books. J.K. Rowling has also said that she doesn’t believe in witchcraft “in the sense” how critics say, and that she doesn’t “believe in magic in the way” how she has described magic in her books. Does she believe then witchcraft and magic in other ways and why she has very accurately written about witchcraft and magic? It seems that she knows very much about those things. J.K. Rowling has also said that she has researched mythology, folklore and occult beliefs (pagan religions, celtic religions, druids religions, witchcraft, and satanism) in order to write her books. She knows also that majority of the spells, which are used in her Harry Potter books are used in real life, in witchcraft and occultism. It is very obvious that she knows what she has been doing as writing her books. J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter books are stories about evil, not about good things. Those books are not harmless fiction, but tell for real evil witchcraft with magic spells and other evil things. Rowling has not written Harry Potter books merely by using fiction, but has used precise and accurate knowledge of occultism and her Potter books are not thus only a fiction, but based also to real evil.

J.K. Rowling has said that she is a Christian, and that she believes to God. Why Christian who believe in God write books, which emphasize witchcraft and sorcery and occultism? I think that she thinks that she believes, but actually she doesn't believe as it has been written in the Bible. Because he/she who really believe to God and the Bible don't write a book saying that there is good and bad witches, because the Bible say that all witches are evil. J.K. Rowling says in her books that Harry's witchcraft is good and this one statement alone is enough to prove that Harry Potter books are evil. Of course there is also much more evil in those books. All books which promote witchcraft and don't say that it is evil are evil books. There is no matter is author Christian or not, if he/she writes such books. The Bible says that all witchcraft and sorcery are evil, and so we have to believe as Christians.

http://koti.phnet.fi/petripaavola/HarryPotterbooks.html

PetriFB

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:50 am

We can only pray for our children and for what they learn at school, But my child knows God and already knows whats right and wrong (in a lot of cases). If she were to come in and say she'd done this or that, I will always say if its right or wrong and she will know and I believe understands. But shes five yrs old and learning and thats ok.
Kids are kids, adults are adults.

Im not saying your practising or worshipping Jo, but obviously enjoying, eh?

MISSY.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:49 am

Yeh but switching EE over is ok coz kids don't want to see violence and stuff.

What about when they're in school and get told halloween/fairytale stories?
Or when theyre in the home corner putting on a fairy/princess dress?

Thats magic too!

Can't exactly stop the child listening or dressing up can you? you'd upset them.

Thats like telling a boy he can't play with a doll coz its for girls.

And yeh i can tell myself "don't watch harry potter it's not of God" but i know it's ok to watch it because i'm not practicing it or worshipping the devil am i. lol!

but yeh again we all have opinions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:48 am

Its up to each and everyone of us as individuals what we watch Jo. Thats what im saying there are wrong things on TV, there will always be wrong things, but to us as christians we should be able to discern if its good or bad for us to watch it, also if we should be killing our spare time doing this.
Children are very impressionable and therefore it is our duty as christian parents to be responsible as just that. ie, if Im watching Eastenders and my 5 yr old enters the room its switched over because while I may know things are wrong in the programme she may not.
I do not believe that witchcraft (even in films) should be welcomed into christian homes, and thats what we do when we settle down in front of the telly to watch them, you may as well say "Come on in satan".
And I was not having a go at you either Jo, just merely telling you the truth as an older christian and sister in Christ. It is my responsibility to tell you and any other people who believe what you do. Its up to you and them whether or not you take it onboard.
And what others think should not count, just what God would think, you should be trying to please only him.

MISSY.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:48 am

Well Missy thats just my opinion. After all it's a discussion board

(this isn't aimed at you)

Some others agree its ok to watch too.

We can't exactly stop kids watching something they want to watch.
Disney movies don't seem to have much magic...It's just allowing them to use their imagination.

Same as tv programmes...Look at Barney...a dinosaur whos a cuddly toy comes to life...and sngs songs wth the children and teaches them things. Thats just learning and helping the kids use their imagination through watching and learning.

Theres other tv programmes i can think of too....I mean...If magic is wrong like harry potter, disney and tv programmes that show magic and stuff.

Why have adult programes on like Murder she wrote and other MURDER investigation programmes i can't think of right now....Isn't that encouraging people to murder and kill...In the bible it says about murder and killing people also doesn't it?

Same as other Tv programmes or even things in the news God may not agree with...
so basically, What are we expected to do to be right with God....Not watch tv? Not watch dvds/videos?

Just read the Bible all day? and listen to God and what he wants (obviously yes) But we can't just live on that can we?....There are things we need to do and sometimes we watch things and may not agree on them but i think aslong as we listen to God and not follow the Devil's footsteps by doing magic or murder etc....We are safe with God.

Anyway enough of my rant lol!
If no-one agrees with me then its ok....
Coz we all have Different opinions here and we're all different ages.

Joanna
xx
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:47 am

Andi Pandi,

Amen, Amen & Amen again.

God bless you for your honesty.
Jo,

The devil starts with young kids.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:46 am

I am so glad you posted Jo its brought out some interesting thoughts.
It was way back last year when you opened this thread but new people joining start searching the boards bringing their input and views.......
it is a good discussion thank you hun.
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:46 am

Wow the threads been bumped up

Well i watch harry potter and i love disney movies and yes i am a christian.
I see nothing wrong with it....As long as you don't practice it. (which i dont)

When i worked in the nursery on my placements whilst at college....
There we many stories that had magic in them. From ages 3-7yrs.

It's good for kids to have an imagination......and like i said i think it's ok as long as they don't practice it or believe in it.

If when i have kids they wanted to watch something that had magic in it i'd let them....i would'nt stop and say "no you can't watch that it has magic in it"...They'd look at me stupid! But i would explain to them that it isn't real and it's ok to watch aslong as they don't copy.

Just my opinion
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:45 am

I think every child in the UK has read Enid Blyton stories. My first ever book when I was 6 was 'The Enchanted Wood' and yes it was about a magic tree. Imagination is good and fairy stories are good for the imagination, you can't have fairy stories without magic. Even a lot of our nursery rhymes have fairies or witches in them. Who has been to a Panto and seen Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty? they all contain magic and witches.
Where do you draw the line.
June
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:45 am

i believe that our God who loves so much, when He says He hates something then we should do our best 2 keep away from it. the Lord clearly states in his word that He hates magic. Revelation 22:15

anyway thats my twopence worth lol

love andi xxx
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:44 am

I read and watch Harry Potter, the only one thing that would be wrong is to believe in it.
It is good to have imagination and as long as people know fact from fiction I think there is no harm in it.
June
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:43 am

Personally I still think you shouldn't, if your not in a strong enough position with God then you won't see the wrong in it. (IMHO) Its not right! (don't wish to offend anyone)

MISSY.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:43 am

I have read all the books,and although JK has actually involved witchcraft which is wrong in my opinion,she also all the way through all of the books LOVE is there LOve overcomes and good against evil.
as has been said on here as Long as you keep Jesus close it is ok to read.I write or rather have written childrens shorst stories and they are about a boy vegetable patch and the veg come to life,again I have tried to place morals into the story.and that came about talkig to my children and making up stories when they were young.we as a family created these characters
have fun reading this is how we learn but as has been said keep jesus close
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:42 am

just finished the last book - an excellent read!

I've Read All The Books
They're Good
I'm Taking Also Into Account Of What You All Said

SIMON
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Focus on Harry Potter Empty Focus on Harry Potter

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:41 am

From: Love-alot-bear-uk (Original Message) Sent: 24/07/2007 16:32
I will be honest I watch Harry potter and read the books and i am a christian.

A few people have told me that it isn't right to do this because it encourages witchcraft. But i think i am ok to do it because it isn't as if i do witchcraft after watching the movie or after reading the book.
I just watch it for fun with my family or friends (who are not christians).

Am i right to watch Harry potter and read the books?

Do you watch or read Harry Potter? (be honest)

What are your opinions on this??

Joanna
xx
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down