World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptyYesterday at 11:01 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptyYesterday at 10:44 pm by Admin

» What is Shavuot and What is Pentecost?
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptyYesterday at 10:41 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptyYesterday at 10:36 pm by Admin

» The Ayatollah Who Supports Israel
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptyYesterday at 10:15 pm by Admin

» AISH
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptyYesterday at 10:14 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptyYesterday at 9:39 pm by Admin

» ARE THE HOSTAGES IN EGYPT?
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptyYesterday at 9:31 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptyYesterday at 9:30 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptyYesterday at 8:45 pm by Admin

» Breaking IranCopter Crash Pres.Raisi
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptyYesterday at 7:58 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptySat 18 May 2024, 10:14 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptySat 18 May 2024, 10:00 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptySat 18 May 2024, 9:39 pm by Admin

» Europe resolution on Zelenskyy’s “peace formula”
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptySat 18 May 2024, 9:03 pm by Admin

» Israel Judaica and Roman Hadrian
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptySat 18 May 2024, 4:34 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptySat 18 May 2024, 2:33 pm by Admin

» Ancient Hatred Reviving? Vatican
Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call EmptySat 18 May 2024, 12:53 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call

Go down

Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call Empty Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call

Post  Admin Fri 20 Oct 2017, 6:07 pm

Gen. John Kelly: ‘Stunned’ After ‘Empty Barrel’ Frederica Wilson Politicized President’s Phone Call
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/10/19/gen-john-kelly-stunned-empty-barrel-frederica-wilson-politicized-presidents-phone-call/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=daily&utm_content=links&utm_campaign=20171019
Alex Wong/Getty Images, J Pat Carter/AP
by CHARLIE SPIERING19 Oct 201716,640
White House chief of staff General John Kelly sternly lectured Congressman Frederica Wilson for listening to and politicizing President Donald Trump’s phone call to the grieving widow of a slain soldier.

“It stuns me that a member of Congress would have listened in on the conversation – absolutely stuns me,” Kelly said, “And I thought at least that was sacred.”

Kelly delivered a stirring speech at the White House press briefing about the sacred duty of people serving in the military and the president’s role in comforting grieving family members and called Wilson a “selfish member of Congress” for politicizing the phone call.

John Kelly EMOTIONAL White House Press Briefing 10/19/17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps5ttDzWBaY

He confirmed that he advised President Donald Trump about what to say to a grieving family, including the statement that a soldier knows what he signs up for when he volunteers to serve in the Army.

Kelly continued:

When I was a kid growing up I thought a lot of things were sacred in our country. Women were sacred, looked upon with great honor. That’s obviously not the case anymore as we’ve seen from recent cases. Life was sacred. That’s gone. Religion. That seems to be gone as well. Gold Star families, I think that left in the convention over the Summer. I just thought the selfless devotion that brings a man or woman to die in the battlefield, I thought that might be sacred.

He said he was so stunned by Wilson’s statements on television he went to the Arlington National Cemetery to spend time with some of the slain members of the military “some of whom I put there,” referring to his command of soldiers in Iraq.

Kelly referred to Wilson as an “empty barrel” noting that they are the ones “making the most noise.”

He recalled a callous speech he witnessed from Wilson at the dedication of an FBI field office in 2015, where she reminded everyone that she was the one that delivered the funding, while others were remembering slain FBI agents for whom the building was dedicated.

“We were stunned. Stunned that she had done it. Even for someone that is that empty a barrel, we were stunned,” Kelly said soberly. “But none of us went to the press and criticized. none of us stood up and were appalled.”

Kelly urged journalists to remember the importance of revering the institution of the military and those who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.

“I still hope as you write your stories and I would appeal to America that let’s not let this maybe be last thing that’s held sacred in our society,” he said.

As reporters shouted questions, Kelly responded, “Is anyone here a gold star parent or sibling?”

The room was silent.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down