World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptyYesterday at 11:01 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptyYesterday at 10:44 pm by Admin

» What is Shavuot and What is Pentecost?
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptyYesterday at 10:41 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptyYesterday at 10:36 pm by Admin

» The Ayatollah Who Supports Israel
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptyYesterday at 10:15 pm by Admin

» AISH
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptyYesterday at 10:14 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptyYesterday at 9:39 pm by Admin

» ARE THE HOSTAGES IN EGYPT?
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptyYesterday at 9:31 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptyYesterday at 9:30 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptyYesterday at 8:45 pm by Admin

» Breaking IranCopter Crash Pres.Raisi
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptyYesterday at 7:58 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptySat 18 May 2024, 10:14 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptySat 18 May 2024, 10:00 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptySat 18 May 2024, 9:39 pm by Admin

» Europe resolution on Zelenskyy’s “peace formula”
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptySat 18 May 2024, 9:03 pm by Admin

» Israel Judaica and Roman Hadrian
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptySat 18 May 2024, 4:34 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptySat 18 May 2024, 2:33 pm by Admin

» Ancient Hatred Reviving? Vatican
Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments EmptySat 18 May 2024, 12:53 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments

Go down

Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments Empty Convert to Islam Homework - Poll Result and Your Comments

Post  Admin Wed 15 Nov 2017, 3:34 pm

BY CLARION PROJECT Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Illustrative picture of a pupil writing in school.
Illustrative picture of a pupil writing in school. (Photo: FRED DUFOUR / AFP / Getty Images)
Thanks one an all for the thousands of votes and comments on our story about a class of 12-year olds asked to write a homework assignment explaining to their family why they decided to convert to Islam.

As you can imagine, your responses were rather strong – those with ‘colorful’ language we chose not to publish! But before your comments here’s the poll result at the time we wrote this item:

What would you do if your child was asked to write about why they converted to Islam?

1.1% Allow them to complete the assignment

2.6% Allow them to complete the assignment but explain to your child why it is problematic

10.7% Complain to the head teacher about the assignment

14.2% Prevent your child from completing the assignment and write a quick note to their teacher explaining why

29.6% Remove your child from the school

41.8% Speak with other parents and create a unified protest against the teacher/curriculum

Now to your comments – we had close to a thousand, so we’re just presenting a small percentage here:
I homeschool my granddaughter because of this and other trends in public schools. I’m setting up a homeschool facilitation service that will allow me to facilitate homeschooling for other parents who want to work but not have their child in public or private school. It gives them personal control over the curriculum their child gets taught.

I would also have my child write why they would never convert to Islam.

We DID remove our children from school for other reasons (bullying), We CERTAINLY would for this!!!

I’d use the assignment as an opportunity to argue a point with which you do not agree. That’s good for anyone’s writing skills. If I, an antheist, were to write an essay about why everyone should convert to Catholicism, I’d have a better sense of why Catholics believe. And a greater ability to poke holes in their need to do so, theoretically. But logic is rarely the source of belief of any kind, so . . .
Fire the so called teachers and principal…

My child would NOT complete the assignment. I would complain vehemently in person to school officials, and organize a large protest against the school’s officials and curriculum and if necessary pull my child from the school, then lobby against any funding to the school.

I’m aghast, imagine having Muslim children writing to their parents about conversion to Christianity? Well yes, i’m as furious as they would have been.

This is no less than the sort of programming that takes place for cult membership; it serves to separate the child mentally from family

This is completely unacceptable and all three options under preventing the child completing the homework would be on the table. This is not learning this preparation for indoctrination and conversion. This is one School “Head” that should be removed.

There is a fundamentally a big problem with that assignment. In today’s PC environment there is no possible way that the teacher was ignorant of what they were asking and its implications.

Perhaps if the teacher would agree to ask the child to do this one night and the next night write another letter stating why they converted to Christianity.. This could help them learn debate skills and see two sides of a position.

If the teachers union is involved I might consider withdrawing my children from public or the sharia school.

Here are some more controversial stories

Should Non-Muslim Kids ‘Pray’ in Mosques?
https://clarionproject.org/poll-results-non-muslim-kids-praying-mosques/

Pro-Islam Indoctrination in Public Schools?
https://clarionproject.org/pro-islam-indoctrination-public-schools/

EXCLUSIVE: Censoring Textbooks For Arab Dictators
https://clarionproject.org/censoring-textbooks-dictators/
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down