World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel Reserve Soldiers killed
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyYesterday at 10:11 pm by Admin

» Open letter Jewish COLLEGE STUDENTS
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyYesterday at 9:42 pm by Admin

» Historic Milestone Saudi Arabia-Israel stability
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyYesterday at 9:08 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyYesterday at 5:36 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyYesterday at 5:19 pm by Admin

» PRO TRUTH of Israel what Pro PA want
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyYesterday at 4:59 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyYesterday at 4:19 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:56 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:05 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 10:59 pm by Admin

» iNSPIRATIONAL DEVOTION Israel
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 10:38 pm by Admin

» THE FREE PRESS
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 5:52 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:40 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:37 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:24 pm by Admin

» Jewish History~ WHO DOES IT BELONG TO
Have you AUDIBLY........? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:22 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Have you AUDIBLY........?

2 posters

Go down

Have you AUDIBLY........? Empty Thank you Zerich

Post  Admin Mon 13 Jul 2009, 10:32 pm

Thank you Zerich with your post Header:
Have you Audibly
There have been two occasions which I know have heard God speak to me which has not been through His word but know came from his throne, I must admit like Samuel was an occasion as a young convert of just 1 week my first communion service I attended I know God told me to raise my arms I knew in my mind they were to be outstretched and at this point must explain that through a road accident many years ago my elbow was crushed and to fix they had to put in a screw for want of better explanation and my arm was fixed into a bent position which makes it appear OK but is about 7 inches shorter than a normal outstretched. I ignored the voice of God in thinking I can't stretch out my right arm I know now as I have experienced and grown in the ways of God that it was his will for me to obey and be healed.
Maybe I did not recognise as a youth,Like Samuel but what I have learned from this is to trust and obey.
It may not be as a healing as was in my situation, but not just learning from His AUDIBLE voice but from His word to us The Bible is something each of us need to do is TRUST.

Being alone with God as we read throughout the scriptures is our learning from the people of God who have been written of.
It is only through our prayer and reading of His word to us which will help us to discern by His Holy Spirit of us who as bornagain believers born of the spirit of God will grow in this knowledge and wisdom.
May each of us continue to grow in this maturity in the body of Christ and His leading.

God bless you all and keep you in His care and infinite wisdom and knowledge.
Love in Christ Jesus
Elaine
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Have you AUDIBLY........? Empty Have you AUDIBLY........?

Post  Zerich Mon 13 Jul 2009, 4:54 pm

Have YOU ever, or have you known someone else who has ever audibly heard the voice of God?

My sheep hear MY voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. John 10:27

How can we know His voice? The acid test is 3 fold:

(1) Does what is said match up with all of God's Word? God's voice will always and forever be consistent with the complete written word. NOTHING will be added to it that He has not already stated.

(2) Does it produce fear? Romans 8 says we have not been given the spirit of fear. Satan's chief tool is a lie which causes you to fear. Example.......What do you think causes you to doubt your salvation? I confess, I have done this quiet a bit.

(3) Does it lead us or drive us to an action? Satan drives people with fear and lust.Jesus leads with love and gentle urgings. Jesus said that we who are born of God, His sheep,know His voice. The psalmist said,"Be still and know that I am God."

"How can we recognize the voice of God?"

This question has been asked by countless people throughout the ages. Samuel heard the voice of God, but did not recognize it until he was instructed by Eli (1 Samuel 3:1-10). Gideon had a physical revelation from God, and he still doubted what he had heard to the point of asking for a sign, not once, but three times (Judges 6:17-22, 36-40). When we are listening for God's voice, how can we know that He is the one speaking? First of all, we have something that Gideon and Samuel did not. We have the complete Bible, the inspired Word of God, to read, study, and meditate on. “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:16-17). When we have a question about a certain topic or decision in our lives, we should see what the Bible has to say about it. God will never lead us or direct us contrary to what He has taught or promised in His Word (Titus 1:2).

Second, to hear God's voice we must recognize it. Jesus said, “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me” (John 10:27). Those who hear God’s voice are those who belong to Him—those who have been saved by His grace through faith in the Lord Jesus. These are the sheep who hear and recognize His voice, because they know Him as their Shepherd and they know His voice. If we are to recognize God's voice, we must belong to Him.

Third, we hear His voice when we spend time in prayer, Bible study, and quiet contemplation of His Word. The more time we spend intimately with God and His Word, the easier it is to recognize His voice and His leading in our lives. Employees at a bank are trained to recognize counterfeits by studying genuine money so closely that it is easy to spot a fake. We should be so familiar with God’s Word that when God does speak to us or lead us, it is clear that it is God. God speaks to us so that we may understand truth. While God can speak audibly to people, He speaks primarily through His Word, and sometimes through the Holy Spirit to our consciences, through circumstances, and through other people. By applying what we hear to the truth of Scripture, we can learn to recognize His voice.

This lower part of the posting is from GotQuestions.org

Zerich

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum