World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» UN halve estmate women and children killed Gaza
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptyYesterday at 10:54 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptyYesterday at 10:26 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptyYesterday at 10:04 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptyYesterday at 9:33 pm by Admin

» Question for you to CONSIDER
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptyYesterday at 9:19 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptyYesterday at 9:15 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptyYesterday at 9:11 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptyYesterday at 8:59 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptyYesterday at 6:36 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptyYesterday at 6:09 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptyYesterday at 5:59 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptyYesterday at 5:56 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptyYesterday at 5:25 pm by Admin

» Mother of Slain Hostage Is Spreading Love Amidst Grief
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptyYesterday at 4:33 pm by Admin

» Pro P.A.Encampment Dublin University
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 10:52 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 10:45 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 10:17 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptySun 12 May 2024, 9:23 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring EmptySun 12 May 2024, 5:32 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring Empty Re: Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring

Post  Admin Sun 30 Dec 2012, 3:18 pm

Thought for the season: "The message of Christmas is
not about the proclamation of a holiday or the
declaration of a season. It is about the proclamation
of a Person and the declaration of Salvation. The birth
of the child in the manger was an event that prophets
had written about, the people of Israel had spoken
about, the patriarchs of old had wondered about, and
the angels of God shouted about on that glorious night
when Christ was born." -- Roy Lessin, Co-founder
DaySpring Cards. Submitted by Dr. Cath Filmer-Davies
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring Empty Re: Meet Me in the Meadow~Roy Lessin of Dayspring

Post  Admin Sat 26 Nov 2011, 8:01 pm

Roy Lessin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exciting Announcement for Meet Me in the Meadow

Posted: 25 Nov 2011 01:23 PM PST

Hi there!

My name is Mandy and I have the privilege to represent DaySpring online and on our Social Media sites.

Today, Roy Lessin is allowing me to introduce myself to you all.

Our team has always been here, helping Roy behind the scenes on Facebook, Twitter, and here at Meet Me in the Meadow, but we wanted to jump in here today to announce some fun news.

I’m happy to announce that this weekend Meet Me in the Meadow will be getting a new look and lots of new features!

We’ve been working for months to prepare the new site for you. We’re not just giving the site a redesign, but also adding features to make the site easier to read, navigate, and find past blog posts.

With the new site updates, all subscribers are required to re-subscribe to Meet Me in the Meadow.

So, if you currently receive Roy’s posts through email or an RSS feed, you must re-subscribe or you will stop getting the posts very soon.

If you are not currently a subscriber, we highly encourage it! It’s a great way to get a regular reminder of God’s wonderful grace, right to your inbox! Roy writes about 3 times a week, and each post is sent to subscribers.

You can also “Like” Meet Me in the Meadow on Facebook or “Follow” along via Twitter.

Finally, did you know about Roy’s new “Meet Me in the Meadow” book? Next week I’ll be back to give away free, autographed, copies of the book, so make sure to subscribe or visit the new and improved site next week.

We are very excited about the changes to Meet Me in the Meadow and hope you enjoy the new look.

I plan to stop by here every few weeks to say hello, update you on any relevant news, or host an occasional giveaway of DaySpring’s Roy Lessin products! See you soon!

God Bless,
Mandy Butler
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 24 Nov 2011, 6:36 pm

Roy Lessin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thankfulness

Posted: 23 Nov 2011 02:47 AM PST

Give thanks in everything—1 Thessalonians 5:18

Give thanks for everything—Ephesians 5:20

Pray about everything with thanksgiving—Philippians 4:6

Do all things without murmuring—Philippians 2:14

Thankfulness is the presence of gratitude and the absence of murmuring. Thankfulness is an attitude of appreciation for everything that is received; murmuring is an attitude of complaint for everything that is withheld. Thankfulness is rooted in humility; murmuring is rooted in pride. Thankfulness says, “This is more than I deserve.”; murmuring says, “I deserve more!” Thankfulness is the doorway to contentment; murmuring is the doorway to dissatisfaction. Thankfulness travels on the highway of joy; murmuring travels on the highway of gloom. Thankfulness causes the disposition to be sweet; murmuring causes the disposition to become sour.

Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth! Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before Him, singing with joy. Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are His. We are His people, the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving; go into His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and His faithfulness continues to each generation. Psalm 100 NLT
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 22 Nov 2011, 5:43 pm

Roy Lessin

From Faith to Faith

Posted: 21 Nov 2011 07:18 AM PST

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17 KJV

The Gospel—where faith is grounded and becomes steadfast. Colossians 1:23

The Sacred Scriptures—where faith responds in trusting obedience. Romans 16:26

The promises and faithfulness of God—where faith receives what is hoped for. Hebrews 11:1

The trials of life—where faith is refined and strengthened. 1 Peter 1:7

The fiery darts of doubt and unbelief—where faith fights the good fight and overcomes the evil one. 1 Timothy 6:12

The Throne of Grace—where faith draws near in prayer with full confidence. Hebrews 10:22

The Lord Jesus Christ—where faith begins its journey and finishes its course. Hebrews 12:2
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 19 Nov 2011, 11:32 pm

Roy Lessin

The Times in Which We Live

Posted: 18 Nov 2011 04:59 AM PST

Jesus never told us to predict a day or hour when He would return, but He did tell us to be aware of the times in which we live and to always be ready for His coming. We may not be able to know the exact place on God’s prophetic timeline, but there are many things taking place that indicate we are in a time like no other.

The world is not doing well—iniquity and lawlessness abound; kingdoms rise against kingdoms; the financial security and stability of the world continues to stagger and shake under the weight of debt and greed; all creation groans; people’s hearts fail them because of fear; Israel faces its greatest opposition and threat to its existence since it became a nation in 1948; opposition to and persecution of the body of Christ continues to intensify.

What are we to do and how are we to live in the light of all that is taking place around us? Look up! God has a plan and He is working out His plan. The coming of the Lord is drawing near. He is not a long way down the road, or just over the next hill; rather, He is close, even at the door.

Here are four things God wants us to be doing as we await the sound of the trump of God and our gathering together unto Him.

Guard your heart: In Matthew 24: 12 Jesus tells us that in the last days sin will cause the hearts of many to grow cold. Place around your heart the shield of faith and fight the good fight of faith against every doubt that comes against the Word of God and the character of God. Keep within your heart your passion and zeal for the ways of God and the presence of God. Let His fire burn within you as a holy flame, causing the glow and glory of His face to shine upon you.

Come together with other believers: In Hebrews 10:25 we are told to gather together with other believers, especially as we see the day of Lord approaching. This is not the time to isolate and separate yourself from other believers. You need their love, support, encouragement, and prayers; and they need yours.

Make Christ known: In Matthew 24: 14 Jesus tells us that before the end comes, the Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached throughout the world. We are not to lose focus. We are here on assignment from God. He has called us to proclaim the Gospel and to make Christ known in our generation. The Gospel message is God’s message to a lost world, and it is only through the Gospel that the lost can be found, the blind can see, and the dead can be made to live. There is still time to be saved.

Be full of hope: In Titus 2:13 we are reminded that as believers we are to live in hope. This hope isn’t based on what the world will do, on what the financial markets will do, or on what political leaders will do. Our hope is based on what God will do. Our hope is so great and so sure that the Scriptures call our hope the “blessed hope.” What is this blessed hope? It is the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ! Think of it, as a believer, you will see Jesus; not as your judge to condemn you, but as your Savior to receive you and bring you into His everlasting kingdom…so you shall forever be with the Lord!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 17 Nov 2011, 3:02 pm

Roy Lessin

-----------------------------------------
Be…

Posted: 16 Nov 2011 06:35 AM PST

Be renewed (Ephesians 4:23), be transformed (Romans 12:2), be conformed (Romans 8:29), be steadfast (1 Corinthians 15:58), be faithful (1 Corinthians 4:2) be strong (Ephesians 6:10), be filled (Ephesians 5:18), be diligent (2 Peter 3:14), be holy (1 Peter 1:15), be content (1 Timothy 6:8), be kind (Ephesians 4:32), be thankful (Colossians 3:15), be gentle (2 Timothy 2:24), be patient (James 5:7), be watchful (Revelation 3:2), be ready (Matthew 24:44), be to the praise of His glory (Ephesians 1:12).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 15 Nov 2011, 6:36 pm

Roy Lessin

Encouragement in Prayer

May the following quote by Octavius Winslow be an encouragement to you in prayer.

And all things, whatever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive. Matthew 21:22

Draw near, then, seeking soul, with boldness; Draw near with the lowly boldness of a child—with the humble confidence of a son. Dear are you to your Father. Sweet is your voice to Him. Precious is your person, accepted in His Beloved. You cannot come too boldly—you cannot come too frequently—you cannot come with too large requests. You are coming to a King, that King your Father, that Father viewing you in His beloved Son. Oh, hang not back. Stand not afar off. He now holds out the golden scepter, and says, “Come near; what is your request? Come with your temporal want. Come with your spiritual need. Ask what you will, it shall be granted you. I have an open hand, and a large heart.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 12 Nov 2011, 6:18 pm

Roy Lessin

What Is & What Will Be

Posted: 11 Nov 2011 05:02 AM PST

The darkest night will bring the brightest dawn. Matthew 28:1-3

The roughest storm will bring the calmest sea. Mark 4:37,39

The greatest trial will bring the loudest song of praise. Exodus 15:1-2
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 Nov 2011, 2:12 pm

Roy Lessin

Blessed in the Little Things

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 03:00 PM PDT

Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits–who crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things. Psalm 100:1-4

Little things, though simple in their demonstration, can be great in their significance in our lives. A harvest of joy can be received from the sowing of little things that spontaneously flow from a giving heart, and come to us freely from a gracious God. “Welcome and make ours whatever good, though small, the present brings—kind greetings, sunshine, song of birds, and flowers—with a child’s pure delight in little things. –R.C. Trench

Into our lives, in many simple, familiar, homely ways, God infuses this element of joy from the surprises of life, which unexpectedly brighten our days, and fill our eyes with light. He drops this added sweetness into His children’s cup, and makes it to run over. –S. Longfellow
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 08 Nov 2011, 6:53 pm

Roy Lessin

Mercy, Peace and Love.

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 02:59 PM PDT

May you receive more and more of God’s mercy, peace, and love. Jude 1:2 (NLT)

Because of God’s mercies you can follow Him with all of your heart today, assured that there is nothing being held over your head to condemn you; you can take each step today with a quiet heart knowing that His peace keeps you steady and sure; you can move ahead today with great confidence of faith knowing His love keeps you close to His heart, mindful of His promises, and confident of His care. God’s mercies declare that you are covered in His compassion; His peace proclaims that you are renewed in His rest; His love heralds that you are bathed in His blessings of joy.

Are you tired or weary today? Allow God to renew you with His strength. Are you discouraged or downhearted? Allow God to lift you with His love. Are you carrying a burden of sin? Allow God’s mercies to restore you. Are you in need of reassurance? Allow God to hold you in His embrace. Are you in need of healing? Allow God to mend you with His touch.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 05 Nov 2011, 8:24 pm

CREATIVE BOARD
Roy Lessin

Faith, Part 2

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 02:58 PM PDT

What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see. So, you see, it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that there is a God and that He rewards those who sincerely seek Him. Hebrews 11:1, 6 (NLT)

Your faith in God today is your lifeline to His heartbeat. Faith is the hand that reaches up and takes hold of God’s promises and gathers in the spiritual treasures that are found in Christ. Faith sees the sunshine of God’s face, even when there are dark clouds all around.

When the things that you are experiencing don’t make sense, faith says, “God knows what He is doing.”
When your resources don’t match your need, faith says, “God is my provider.”
When you are fearful to take the next step, faith says, “God will not fail me.”
When you’re not sure what to do next, faith says, “God will guide me.”
When you are in a situation that seems impossible, faith says, “Nothing is too hard for the Lord.”

What things are possible for you today through faith? All things are possible, because your faith is in the God who knows no impossibilities.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 03 Nov 2011, 5:25 pm

Roy Lessin

Faith, Part 1

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 02:55 PM PDT

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17 (KJV)

There are two ways that we can walk through a day. One is to walk by sight and the other is to walk by faith. To walk by faith means to walk in a different kind of reality. The Bible tells us that there are two realities (2 Corinthians 4:17-18). One reality is what is seen; the other reality is what is unseen. There are two realities because there are two worlds. One is the physical world; the other is the spiritual world. The physical world is the temporary world; the spiritual world is the eternal world.

Today, as a believer and a follower of Jesus Christ, you live in both worlds. Through your senses you connect with the physical world, and with your heart and spirit you connect with the spiritual world. Your spiritual reality is not based upon wishful thinking or some unknown mystic influence, but upon the truth of God’s word, the presence of the Holy Spirit, and the life of Jesus Christ.

Faith sees what your physical eyes can never see;
Faith knows what your natural mind can never comprehend;
Faith possesses what your physical arms can never hold.
Faith says “yes” to everything God declares to be true;
Faith stands upon everything God says is certain, it leans upon everything God says is unmovable, and it counts upon everything God says will come to pass.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 Nov 2011, 10:40 pm

Roy Lessin

Truth Within

Posted: 30 Oct 2011 10:03 PM PDT

Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom. Psalm 51:6 NKJV

What is at your core? What abides within, at the deepest part of who you are? If truth is there, if light is there, if peace is there, if hope is there, if joy is there, if love is there—Christ is there!

This is my wonderful story—

Christ to my heart has come;

Jesus the King of glory,

Finds in my heart a home.

Was there e’er story so moving,

Story of love and pain;

Was there e’er Bride-groom so loving,

Seeking our hearts to gain?

Now in His bosom confiding,

This my glad song shall be:

I am in Jesus abiding,

Jesus abides in me.

–A. B. Simpson
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 29 Oct 2011, 7:37 pm

Roy Lessin

Jesus, the Only One

Posted: 28 Oct 2011 05:09 AM PDT

Jesus is the only Way to God (John 14:6).

The only Door to enter (John 10:7-9).

The only Salvation to receive (Acts 4:12).

The only Living Bread to feast upon (John 6:35).

The only Truth to know (John 14:6).

The only Light to walk in (John 8:12).

The only Vine to abide in (John 15:1).

The only Life to live (John 14:6).

The only Good Shepherd to follow (John 10:14).

The only Sure Foundation to build upon (1 Corinthians 3:11).

The only Mediator to call upon (1 Timothy 2:5).

The only Lord to serve (1 Corinthians 8:6).

“Look to Jesus for everything…God has simplified our life of faith in His dear Son. Severing us from all other sources, alluring us away from all other dependencies, and weaning us from all self-confidence, He shuts us up to Christ above, that Christ might be all and in all.” –Octavius Winslow
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 27 Oct 2011, 3:11 pm

Roy Lessin
Fret buster # 98

Posted: 26 Oct 2011 05:11 AM PDT

The Lord Himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.” Exodus 14:14 NLT

For you shall not go out with haste, Nor go by flight; For the Lord will go before you, And the God of Israel will be your rear guard. Isaiah 52:12 NKJV

Therefore thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation, A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; Whoever believes will not act hastily. Isaiah 28:16 NKJV

God’s peace and calmness is a mark of our walk when the Holy Spirit is in control of us—sanctifying our thoughts, guiding our steps, directing our decisions, prompting us to move at the right time, and assuring us that He goes before us and takes care of all that is behind.

Holy Spirit, Peace divine!

Still this restless heart of mine,

Speak to calm this tossing sea,

Stayed in thy tranquility.

-S. Longfellow
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:00 pm

Roy Lessin

Live

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 05:40 AM PDT

Live in Him— As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him. Colossians 2:6 NKJV

Live through Him— Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. Romans 8:37 NKJV

Live from Him— For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen. Romans 11:36 NASB

Live with Him— Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him. Romans 6:8 NKJV

Live as Him— He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked. 1 John 2:6 NKJV

Live by Him— ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the Lord of hosts. Zechariah 4:6 NKJV

Live for Him— yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. 1 Corinthians 8:6 NKJV
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 22 Oct 2011, 7:22 pm

Roy Lessin

--------------------------------------------------------
ALL HIM

Posted: 21 Oct 2011 04:23 AM PDT

Today’s posting is by Bonnie Jensen, senior writer for DaySpring. I know her devotionals have been a blessing to many of you whenever they appear in Meet Me in the Meadow.

What is God doing in your life? I like that question. In the mundane and the hectic of our days, He is continuously at work in us. It’s good to pause and think about how we’re being shaped into His likeness.

I’ve called this season of growth in my life ‘distraction extraction’. Having a job that requires me to pray, reflect, empathize, tap into my emotions, and spend a great deal of time alone, I can’t afford to allow anything in my life that distracts my heart and mind from Him. I have a quote on my desk that reads:

“So long as we are occupied with any other object than God Himself, there will be neither rest for the heart, nor peace for the mind.” –Spurgeon

Extractions are painful. They are often difficult. But each of us has a purpose that can’t stand in the shadow of anything…and the battle begins in the mind. What do you spend most of your mental energy thinking about? Worrying about? For many of us it’s simply the task in front of us or the next item on our to-do list. But the quiet time eventually comes. And when it does, the landscape of our minds can be cluttered. Let God clear it out. Give Him full rein. Let Him have the thing you don’t think you can ‘let go’ of. Let yourself be ‘occupied’ with nothing other than Him….

And the peace will come, the joy will surface, the hope will emerge, the heart will rest. These are the fruits of letting God have control. These are the gifts of focusing on Him. These are the reasons to be thankful He’ll extract the distractions from our lives if we let Him.

Bonnie Jensen

You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. (Matthew 22:37)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 20 Oct 2011, 2:43 pm

Roy Lessin

He Holds You

Posted: 19 Oct 2011 07:39 AM PDT

Today’s posting is in response to the following request which came to Meet Me in the Meadow from one of our readers.

Today, I went back and read one of your previous devotions “He Holds You.” I cannot read this enough sometimes and perhaps someone else needs to hear these same words you previously shared again. We all face difficulties and storms in life, but to know we have a Savior who loves us and cares, is enough to know that we can face our tomorrow. God Bless you! -Donita L.

He Holds You

God never leaves you alone…

He never forgets about you…

He looks out for you and takes care of you.

You are more important than the birds

He feeds and provides for.

Trusting Him means to rest in Him

as your shield, your covering, your provider,

your defender and your friend.

It means freedom from worry, anxiety and fear.

It means peace to your mind and joy to your soul.

Come to Him; He is waiting…

Lean on Him; He is strong…

Talk to Him; He is listening…

Depend on Him; He will never let you down.

He holds you within the hollow of His hands

to keep you close…to keep you safe…

to deliver you from all your fears.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:46 pm

Roy Lessin

-
The Precious Blood of Christ

Posted: 17 Oct 2011 05:33 AM PDT

You were not redeemed with the corruptible things, like silver or gold…but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 1 Peter 1:18-19 NKJV

How greatly blessed and favored you are today because of the blood of Jesus Christ. Without His precious blood your life would be covered in darkness, hopelessness, and despair; instead, your life is flooded with light, filled with hope, and enriched with spiritual blessings.

The blood of Jesus has taken you from the dungeons of slavery, to the highway of holiness; from the cruelty of a harsh taskmaster, to the tender care of your loving Father; from a descending stairway of bondage, to the ascending pathway of spiritual freedom.

The blood of Jesus cleanses you from the stain of sin, releases you from the chains of sin, frees you from the power of sin, saves you from the judgment of sin, and heals you from the pain of sin. The blood of Jesus restores and reconciles you to God. The blood of Jesus has not lost its power (and it will never lose its power) to make it possible for you to begin each day forgiven, washed clean, and clothed in the garments of His righteousness.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 15 Oct 2011, 6:00 pm

Roy Lessin

-----------------------------------------------------------
Let Us Draw Near, Part 5

Posted: 14 Oct 2011 05:50 AM PDT

Hebrews 10:24-25

And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

Time is short…you need the body of Christ and the body of Christ needs you—come together to pray, to bear one another’s burdens, to do good, to stir up, and to build up each other in love. Together, keep pressing into God’s heart, and pressing on to faithfully serve the Lord, “occupying until He comes.”

I’ve found a way, through the blood, past the veil
To the Holy of Holies with God…
There in the presence of Jesus I stand,
Glorified Son at the Father’s right hand,
There I can plead, I can claim, I can have,
All that He purchased for me. -Paul Rader
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 13 Oct 2011, 1:51 pm

Roy Lessin

----------------------------------------------------
Let Us Draw Near, Part 4

Posted: 12 Oct 2011 05:21 AM PDT

Hebrews 10:23

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith (hope) without wavering; (for He is faithful that promised;)

Let us hold fast the confession of our faith (hope) without wavering—the confession of your faith and hope is that Jesus’ blood is enough to cleanse and justify you. You are forgiven, you are saved, you are going to make it, you are going to heaven, you will be with Him in His Father’s house. Don’t doubt it, question it, or walk away from it.

For He who promised is faithful—God is faithful to what He has said, to what He has done, and to what He has promised. He is faithful to meet all your needs. He is faithful to keep you and present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy. He is faithful to His promises because of His holiness, He cannot lie! He will not let you down. (Psalm 89:35)

Through Jesus’ blood, God, the holy God against whom we have sinned and whose wrath we justly dread, can pardon all your sins, blot out all your transgressions, and take from you the terror of a guilty conscience. His blood cleanses us from all sin. His blood of the new covenant speaks peace and speaks the peace of reconciliation. It removes all dread of condemnation and enables the soul to look to up to God. –Octavius Winslow
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 11 Oct 2011, 4:47 pm

Roy Lessin

Let Us Draw Near, Part 3

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 04:10 AM PDT

Hebrews 10:21-22
And having a high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from an evil conscience, and having our bodies washed with pure water.

And having a High Priest over the house of God—Jesus is your High Priest. He represents you before the Father and intercedes for you. He is full of compassion for you because He has been tempted in every point as you, yet without sin. He understands your struggles and temptations and is able to make a way of escape.

Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith—this is your personal invitation from a holy God to come before Him, not as a fake or with pretense, but in truth. He doesn’t push you away, or walk away from you when you seek to draw near. Your faith trusts in what God has said about your forgiveness and justification, and it is your faith that makes you certain that you can come to Him for every need.

Having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from an evil conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water—the blood of Jesus, when it has been applied to your heart by faith, brings to you the greatest of joys—assuring you that you are forgiven, that your conscience is cleansed, and that you have been washed from all that defiles.

It is the deity behind the manhood of Christ which makes the Cross an atonement;

It is the manhood of Christ within the deity which makes it an atonement of us.

J. Sidlow Baxter

Oh! precious is the flow

That makes me white as snow;

No other fount I know,

Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

-Robert Lowry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 06 Oct 2011, 8:17 am

Roy Lessin

Let Us Draw Near, Part 2

Posted: 05 Oct 2011 06:56 AM PDT

Hebrews 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh…

By a new and living way which He consecrated for us—the old covenant is done away, all its requirements and demands fulfilled and satisfied by the new covenant. You are no longer under the law, but under grace, and His grace has brought a living reality to your heart—a reality of grace, mercy, forgiveness, and the presence of the Lord. You can know God personally and have His light shining within you. This is not a theoretical or a “hope so” way, but a living way. You are alive in Jesus.

Through the veil, that is, His flesh—Jesus’ body is likened to the veil in the temple…at the exact moment of His death on the cross the veil in the temple was rent from top to bottom. This means that His death made it possible for you to have access to a holy God. The heavens are opened to you as a believer, and have been to every believer since the veil was rent 2000 years ago. Every spiritual blessing is now yours in Christ—the heavens are not shut, and there is no layer, curtain, or barrier that is keeping you from drawing close to God and receiving from Him.

“The blood of Jesus Christ has transformed the judgment seat into the mercy seat.”-J. Sidlow Baxter
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 04 Oct 2011, 3:13 pm

Roy Lessin

Let Us Draw Near, Part 1

Posted: 03 Oct 2011 04:59 PM PDT

Hebrews 10:19

Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus…

Therefore—the “therefore” refers to the vital truths that have been stated in the preceding verses…because of the new covenant, sealed by the shed blood of Jesus on the cross, your sins have been forgiven, cleansed, and are remembered against you no more.

Brethren— you are now a part of God’s family. You are free from the condemnation and bondage of sin because you are a believer in the Gospel. You have been born again of God’s Spirit, sanctified, and enjoy unity and fellowship with your brothers and sisters in Christ.

Having boldness—your boldness comes, not because of performance, but because of what Jesus has done for you. He has made it possible for you to come before God in prayer with full and complete confidence of faith. Nothing needs to keep you back or hold you back.

To enter the Holiest—in the Temple worship, the holy of holies was the place of God’s presence and glory. This place could be entered only by the high priest once a year. Here the high priest came to place the blood of atonement upon the mercy seat for the remission of sins for the people.

By the blood of Jesus—Jesus, your High Priest, offered His own blood to make atonement for your sins. His blood is acceptable to God, once and for all time, as the perfect sin offering— your good works, your self-righteousness, your best efforts could never be acceptable before a holy God to solve your sin problem.

10 benefits of the blood of Jesus:

1.Seals and guarantees the New Covenant-Matthew 26:28, Hebrews 13:20
2.Gives life-John 6:54-56
3.Brings redemption-Ephesians 1:7, 1Peter 1:18-19
4.Makes propitiation (atonement)-Romans 3:25
5.Justifies-Romans 5:9
6.Provides peace and reconciliation-Colossians 1:19-20
7.Brings cleansing and the assurance of forgiveness-Colossians 1:14,1John 1:7
8.Frees from guilt by purging the conscience-Hebrews 9:14
9.Makes us overcomers-Revelation 12:11
10.Gives us boldness and confidence to enter God’s presence-Hebrews 10:19-24
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 01 Oct 2011, 11:42 am

Roy Lessin

A Time of Need

Posted: 30 Sep 2011 04:21 AM PDT

Recently, someone reminded of an encouragement card I had written many years ago for DaySpring. The message on the card is for someone who is going through a difficult time or facing a situation with few answers. Today’s posting features that message with the hope that it might help encourage someone today.

What do we do when we face challenges that make us wonder what’s ahead? The answers are not always easy, and the direction is not always clear. In these circumstances, our hope is in God alone. Our lives and our times are in His hands, and He assures us that He is the rock we can stand upon through the storm.

Today, may you continue to believe in the wisdom of His ways, in the goodness of His love, and in the assurance of His presence as He keeps you every step of the way.
From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2 KJV
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next