Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 4:39 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 4:36 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 4:07 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 4:03 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 4:00 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 3:16 pm by Admin

» WORLD ISRAEL NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 2:05 pm by Admin

» Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge Inspirational
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 2:03 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:33 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:29 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:28 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:27 pm by Admin

» The Mark started implants in their hands to replace cash, credit cards
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 11:52 am by Admin

» BIRTH PANGS – Series of Powerful Earthquakes Volcano's Strike Around the Globe
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:47 am by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 9:40 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:07 am by Admin

» My Manna
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:10 pm by Admin

» GOSPEL FROM ASIA
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» Another Look at Footwashing
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:47 pm by Admin

» 12 Proverbs to Start Memorizing Today
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:22 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 2 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 44  Next

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin on Wed 22 May 2019, 9:03 pm

Elaine, what are you doing with your blessing? 

Genesis 12:2 I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing.

When we read this passage of Scripture, the first thing that probably comes to mind are all the promises that God gave to Abraham and the nation of Israel. But it occurred to me that there is a bigger lesson that we can learn here.

We tend to focus on the part of that scripture where God does the blessing -- but why did He bless Him? The answer lies in the passage! The Lord told Abraham: "I will bless you --- and you shall be a blessing." Abraham was blessed so that he could be a blessing!

The same is true today. The Lord has done so much for us! He has blessed us with so many things, the most important of which is His mercy in that He died for sinners like us! He has bestowed us with so much grace! He has allowed us to come into His Kingdom and be a part of the great things He's doing! What we have received should not only be for our own enjoyment but for the salvation of a dying world around us!

Elaine, God gives freely to us so that we may give freely to others! Let's not be afraid to give out the blessings God has granted us! Share God's goodness! To whom much is given, much is required!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Arad, Israel 

Editor's Note: Check out our new Facebook page for answering readers questions about news, politics, religion, Israel, and ministry.
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 21 May 2019, 10:58 am

Elaine, hope for the hopeless! 

Jonah 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.

Romans 8:24-25 For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

When the prophet Jonah entered Nineveh, he gave a message of hopelessness -- in 40 days your city will be destroyed! He did not say, Nineveh will be destroyed "unless", but emphatically prophesied destruction to the people of the city -- seeming to say their situation was hopeless. Yet hearing this message Nineveh repented, and because their repentance was genuine God spared the city for a season and many lives were saved. Jonah's prophecy of judgment was averted, and Nineveh's destiny was changed by their response to the deep conviction from a message of doom. That's how it is with God. He is so compassionate, so longing to forgive and restore people to Himself, that He seems to "change His mind" showing how His mercy triumphs over judgment.

Elaine, is there a "prophecy of doom" over your life? Are your sins piled so high that God's judgment seems irrevocable and imminent? Don't despair ... repent! With our compassionate God, there is hope even when it seems all is lost. You may have wandered very far from Him -- but if Nineveh, a pagan city, hardened and ripe for judgment and "hopelessly" heading toward destruction, could be saved -- shouldn't you also have hope if you turn back to the Lord? Don't give up -- with Yeshua (Jesus) there is always hope!

Arad, Israel 

Editor's Note: Check out our new Facebook page for answering readers questions about news, politics, religion, Israel, and ministry.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 08 May 2019, 9:46 am

Elaine, thank God for independence! 

Philippians 2:6-8 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Tonight we'll participate in the Independence Day celebration in Israel -- and what a party! -- shows, fireworks, music, dancing, everything under the sun!

But interestingly, today is a very solemn one; Israel's Memorial Day, commemorating all the soldiers who died protecting the nation's birth and continued existence. All the major television stations stopped airing their programs for twenty-four hours in honor of these men and women. At different times during the day, long loud sirens wailed all throughout the Land. Wherever anyone was as the sirens sounded, the entire population stopped whatever they were doing — even standing still on the highways, to give honor to the fallen soldiers. The dedication and camaraderie among Israelis are just amazing to witness and take part in. I have traveled many places and I've never seen anything like it.

This juxtaposition of two of Israel's national holidays speaks powerfully of the gospel. Messiah's death purchased our freedom from sin and eternal damnation. We've often heard and been reminded of the cost paid for our independence by soldiers who gave their lives defending our nation. It is a beautiful and precious thing to remember when you think of the value of human life and the blessing of individual freedom. Yet our Lord willingly laid down His life for our eternal freedom and joy in a New Creation.

Elaine, how much more should we give honor to His sacrificial death and then...celebrate the astounding destiny He has bestowed on us!

Arad, Israel 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 07 May 2019, 10:35 pm

Elaine, don't be overwhelmed with tomorrow! 

Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. 

When I first gave my life to the Lord, like many of us, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. If God would have shown me, at that time, all the things that would have to change about me, I think I would have gone running for dear life!

Now, here we are, in Israel, a whirlwind of events going on around us, a growing ministry, all the trials you can imagine in relating to a different culture, language, etc. Ha! If you would have shown me this picture back in the days of my rebellion, I think I would have laughed my head off in unbelief!

But that is the Lord's way. God is a gentleman. He doesn't show us more than He feels we need to know. He knows that we are weak and He's merciful enough not to give us more than we can handle. He desires for us to lay our worries upon Him and trust Him for our future.

God has not given us the power to overcome all the problems we have yet to face. He has given us only the power to overcome what faces us today! Just as the children of Israel could collect only enough manna for one day, the power God gives us to face our trials -- it only comes one day at a time. 

Elaine, God has so many wonderful adventures ahead for us who love Him and are called according to His purpose -- and He will surely give us the strength to endure the trials we'll face with each adventure. Let's trust Him only for today's trials -- and let Him worry about the rest!

Arad, Israel 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 06 May 2019, 5:00 pm

Elaine, busy, busy, busy! 

Daniel 6:10 Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime. 

Let's consider Daniel for a moment. Here is one of the great rulers of the Persian empire, in charge of the King's affairs and of the affairs of the entire government. If anyone is really busy -- it's Daniel! But in spite of all this responsibility, he makes it a point to set himself apart from the world and pray three times a day.

This really struck me. I mean, how busy are we -- really? And busy doing what? 

Elaine, so my conclusion: If we are neglecting to meet personally with our God, then we're simply doing more than He intended! Let's keep our priorities in order and be a people of prayer! There is so much work to be done, but not at the expense of our most important relationship.

Arad, Israel 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 03 May 2019, 4:18 pm

Elaine, hello? Can you hear me now? 

Matthew 14:23 And after he had dismissed the crowds, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone, 

Here in Israel, cell phones are all the rage. You wouldn't believe it but parents even buy cell phones for their kids and send them to school with them in their schoolbags. I'm talking about six and seven-year-old kids! While it is true that part of the reason for this cell phone craze stems from the fact that violence goes on here daily and people want to be able to contact one another in the event of an emergency, I would still say that it's somewhat excessive.

Mark Twain was once asked to record a Christmas message on an early gramophone. This is what he said, "It is my heart-warm and world-embracing Christmas hope and aspiration that all of us, the high, the low, the rich, the poor, and admired, the despised, the loved, the hated, the civilized, the savage--every man and woman of us all throughout the whole earth--may eventually be gathered in a heaven of everlasting rest and peace and bliss, except the inventor of the telephone."

Not that technology is a bad thing, but I think we have become entirely too dependent on it! Telephones, cell phones, televisions, computers, X-Boxes, MP3's. what's next?!

Sometimes I feel like we just need to go back to the basics. Put all those things away in a closet somewhere and just sit down with the Word and with our Father. He wants to whisper in our ears sweet words of encouragement and wisdom. He wants to tell us of His wonderful plans for our lives and reveal to us the extraordinary mysteries of His Kingdom. But this can't happen if we're too busy taking calls! 

Elaine, so let's spend the weekend -- disconnecting from the world -- and reconnecting with our creator ... perhaps He'll give us a fresh revelation ... if we will take the time to listen!

Arad, Israel 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 02 May 2019, 11:47 am

Elaine, fight to win! 

1 Cor 9:24-27 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

Writing to the Corinthian Church, Paul illustrates his exhortation using the metaphors of running a race and fighting a boxing match. Victory is achieved by bringing your body into submission to the will of God.

Their idolatrous culture promoted in the Corinthians an intense passion to win. In Greek mythology, Nike was the goddess of victory. She fought on the side of the Olympian gods, triumphing over the mighty Titans and thus became a powerful symbol of victory.

Her divine her powers were not limited to warfare. She was also solicited by Greek athletes who sought victory in competitive sports. A major manufacturer of athletic shoes took note of this and named their company after the goddess. The Romans gave Nike the Latin name "Victoria" from which we get our English word - "victory".

The apostle Paul, with characteristic cultural awareness, addresses the Corinthians in a language they well understand. He is seeking to harness their passion for victory and transform it for spiritual purposes seeking to motivate them with eternal rewards which the Lord has promised to those who serve Him well. 

Elaine, in Yeshua (Jesus) we have real Divine power which the ancient pagans could not have dreamed of. It is a power to win where it really counts...with and for our wonderful Lord! We too, need to discipline our bodies, bringing them under submission, and run the race of faith without looking back - we can be victorious. We will obtain an eternal crown, which will never fade! 

Arad, Israel 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 01 May 2019, 1:07 pm

Elaine, feeling itchy? 

1 Thes. 5:16-18 Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

As we enter into Holocaust Remember Day (Yom HaShoah) in Israel this evening, and many in the United States will be joining together in prayer as it enters its annual National Day of prayer tomorrow, I'm reminded of a story by Corrie Ten Boom, a Christian survivor who protected Jews during World War 2.

In her book “The Hiding Place” Corrie ten Boom relates an incident that taught her always to be thankful. She and her sister Betsy had just been transferred to the worst German prison camp they had seen yet, called Ravensbruck. The barracks were extremely overcrowded and horribly flea-infested.

After their scripture reading in 1st Thessalonians that morning, where the Lord reminded them to rejoice always, pray constantly, and give thanks in all circumstances.

Betsy suggested they stop and thank the Lord for every detail of their new living quarters. At first, Corrie was appalled by the idea. She flatly refused to give thanks for that smelly, dirty, flea-ridden place. But Betsy persisted -- and Corrie finally succumbed to her pleadings.

It was by a miracle of God that Corrie and Betsy were able to smuggle their Bible into the camp. If the guards found out that the women were holding nightly Bible studies in their barracks, they surely would have been punished harshly, maybe even killed. During the months they spent at that camp, however, no guard ever said one word.

It was not until several months later that they learned the reason why the guards would hardly ever come into their barracks. They wouldn't enter the barracks because of the fleas!!

Elaine, perhaps you're dealing with some difficult circumstances today. But who knows? There may be a purpose beyond our understanding! Let's choose trust the Lord and maintain an attitude of thankfulness in every situation, no matter how hard it may be!

Arad, Israel 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 30 Apr 2019, 12:31 pm

Elaine, take the leap! 

John 11:40 Jesus said to her, "Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?"

One night a house caught fire and a young boy was forced to flee flames by jumping to the ground from the roof. His father stood on the ground below with outstretched arms, calling to his son, "Jump! I'll catch you." But the boy was afraid -- he couldn't see his father -- all he could see was flame, smoke, and blackness. He was afraid. Still, his father kept yelling: "Jump son! I will catch you!" But the boy refused, crying, "Daddy, I can't see you!" His father replied, "It's ok son -- I can see you -- and that's all that matters!"

Sometimes we find ourselves in the midst of the fiery trials of life and all we can see is the smoke and the flames. But faith is knowing who will catch us when taking that leap. In Hebrew, the word 'truth' in this verse, is em-oo-nah, which is also translated faith. God delights in responding to our faith. He wants us to jump into His arms --- especially when we can't see Him.

George Mueller said, "Faith does not operate in the realm of the possible. There is no glory for God in that which is humanly possible. Faith begins where man's power ends."

Elaine, let's practice some faith today. Our Father's arms are the biggest and strongest they come!

Arad, Israel 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 29 Apr 2019, 11:03 pm

Elaine, you're priceless! 

1 Cor. 6:19-20 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit in you, whom you have of God? And you are not your own, for you are bought with a price. Therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.

A few years ago, there was a fascinating article in Bloomberg about how the prices of some paintings are falling rapidly. As I read the article I wondered just how much paintings actually go for.

The most expensive painting according to Wikipedia was sold for over $300 million dollars. It's called "Interchange" by Willem de Kooning. I thought -- "wow that's a lot of money." Then there was another painting called "Number 17A" by Jackson Pollock that was sold for over $200 million dollars!

As I perused Pollock's collection, (I'm no art connoisseur) the paintings looked like a bunch of house painters' drop cloths that were hung on the wall. Honestly, to me they just looked like a mess -- yet people have paid millions of dollars for these works!

That got me to thinking -- what is a human life worth? To some uninformed or cynical eyes, human beings are just a mess of "useless eaters" (a phrase used by Henry Kissinger to describe the elderly) ... but we know that every human life is extremely valuable because God was willing to pay the highest price for it. He gave His Son for your life -- declaring its value in His own precious blood!

So while you may feel, or even look like a house painter's drop cloth, in God's economy -- the only one that matters -- you are priceless, of inestimable value! 

Elaine, live your life in the Father's estimation of its value. You are a precious piece in His "collection" His valuation of you is filled with loving purpose -- let it sink in -- you are precious, "worth more than many sparrows"; bought and paid for by the King of Kings whose taste is impeccable!

Arad, Israel 

Editor's Note: Check out our new Facebook page for answering readers questions about news, politics, religion, Israel, and ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 12 Apr 2019, 12:29 pm

Elaine, be filled with the hope of His return! 

Hosea 3:4-5 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim: Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.

A prayer frequently heard at the conclusion of Orthodox Jewish services is "Ani Ma'amin" translated, "I believe." The full prayer is. "I believe with perfect faith in the coming of the Mashiach; and even though he may tarry, nevertheless, I wait each day for his coming."

We know that Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) did not meet the expectations of the Pharisees at His first coming because they were jealous of Him and focused on a victorious king, "Mashiach ben David", one who would rule on the throne of David, bring judgment to the wicked and restore the Temple and the Kingdom to Israel. So, to this day, Orthodox Jews anxiously await Messiah's arrival, believing he could come at any time.

Now this important prophecy in Hosea, often overlooked, speaks of a period of time for many days when Israel would be without a King, or Prince, or a sacrifice, or other religious articles -- but that in the latter days (the Hebrew literally means "the End of Days") the nation will return, and seek the Lord and the Messiah -- specifically "Mashiach ben David" -- the Messiah Son of David. This time period began with the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD and continues to the present.

But even having missed the first coming of the true Messiah, still, the Jewish people nourish a continuing hope and expectation for His coming, which is included regularly in their liturgy. Enduring exile and persecution over many generations they have continued in the unwavering hope of his coming. 

Elaine, in light of this example of persevering hope among the Jewish people, how much more expectant and hopeful ought we to be who already truly know Him who is coming again for us...and for them? He who was resurrected from the dead -- Yeshua, the "hope of glory"! As the earth continues to groan, and so do we, let's keep our focus where it really belongs. He is coming soon. Even so, Come Lord Jesus!

Arad, Israel 

Editor's Note: I've created a special Facebook page for answering readers questions about news, politics, religion, Israel, and ministry. 

Editor's Note: We've started to place Baht Rivka's music on YouTube with English subtitles. These are a few of the songs playing on Israeli radio. If you've never heard her music before ... be prepared to be blown away!  Lechu LaMayim (Come to the Waters) | Taboom | Mi Yodea (Who Knows?) | Shir Pashut (Simple Song) | Hineni (Here am I)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 11 Apr 2019, 7:56 pm

Elaine, find the secret of stability! 

Isaiah 33:6 And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the LORD is his treasure.

Have you ever felt uneasy, unsettled or unstable? Or maybe a better question is -- who hasn’t? How do we overcome these feelings? This is what George Muller wrote in His diary on May 9, 1841:

"Now, I saw that the most important thing I had to do was to give myself to the reading of the Word of God, and to meditation on it, that thus my heart might be comforted, encouraged, warned, reproved, instructed...by breakfast time, with rare exceptions, I am in a peaceful if not happy state of heart."

The word faith in Hebrew is "emunah" (em-oo-nah). But interestingly, the word stability in the verse above is the Hebrew word, 'emunah"! Faith and stability are linked one to another. How do we become more stable and settled despite the circumstances surrounding our lives? By gaining faith! "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God."

Elaine, when we search for wisdom and knowledge in His word, we become more stable in our walk -- and in our lives! Let’s aim to spend more time in the Word and gain more stability in our lives.

Arad, Israel 

Editor's Note: I've created a special Facebook page for answering readers questions about news, politics, religion, Israel, and ministry. 

Editor's Note: We've started to place Baht Rivka's music on YouTube with English subtitles. These are a few of the songs playing on Israeli radio. If you've never heard her music before ... be prepared to be blown away!  Lechu LaMayim (Come to the Waters) | Taboom | Mi Yodea (Who Knows?) | Shir Pashut (Simple Song) | Hineni (Here am I)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 10 Apr 2019, 10:58 am

Elaine, follow your Sar Ha'Chaim! 

Isaiah 53:8-9 He was taken from prison and from judgment, And who will declare His generation? For He was cut off from the land of the living; For the transgressions of My people He was stricken. And they made His grave with the wicked-- But with the rich at His deaths [plural in the Hebrew], Because He had done no violence, Nor was any deceit in His mouth.

Acts 3:15 and killed the Prince of life [in Hebrew, lives], whom God raised from the dead, of which we are witnesses.

An interesting parallel exists between these two passages of scripture: Isaiah 53:9 and Acts 3:15. Isaiah renders the "death" of the messiah in the plural form, "deaths" ("motav"). Acts renders the life of the Prince of Life as "lives" ("chaim"). Some scholars suggest that the plurality of the word death indicates a violent death this servant would suffer, and that making the noun plural is a way of emphasizing the terrible intensity of his experience. Jewish counter-missionaries suggest that the "death" in plural shows that the suffering servant is not an individual man, but a group of people, specifically the nation of Israel, thus denying that the passage refers to an individual messianic figure.

I like to look at this passage as a reminder that Yeshua suffered death for me, personally, but also for every one else who would believe in Him. Since we all died with Him on the cross as He died to sin, it could be said that He suffered many deaths for all those He loved.

Tracing the parallel to the Acts passage we can understand why it says there that He was the "Prince of Lives". The phrase is "sar ha-chaim" in the Brit Hadashah (Hebrew New Testament), indicating a plurality of life. In His suffering of deaths, He became the Prince of lives! How many lives did He save? How many kinds of life? We'll find out someday....maybe. 

Elaine, Yeshua's death was complete; a finished work of comprehensive grace; totally effective and absolutely personal. His resurrection was equally full, final and personal -- through Him we died to sin, and need no longer walk in it; and through Him we live to God, and can walk in newness of life, abundant life -- for He truly is the Prince of Life!

Arad, Israel 

Editor's Note: We've started to place Baht Rivka's music on YouTube with English subtitles. These are a few of the songs playing on Israeli radio. If you've never heard her music before ... be prepared to be blown away!  Lechu LaMayim (Come to the Waters) | Taboom | Mi Yodea (Who Knows?) | Shir Pashut (Simple Song)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 09 Apr 2019, 11:19 am

Elaine, drink from the fountain of youth! 

Psalms 103:5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

From the moment we were conceived we began aging, growing older by the day. We may slow down the physical aging process by exercising, eating right and other natural techniques – but we cannot ultimately stop it. This mortal flesh, our outer man, is "wasting away" and moving toward decay as we await the immortal bodies promised us in the Resurrection.

Yet this scripture offers us a renewal of our youth. And we see some remarkable examples of this, especially in the Old Testament. It is said of Moses at the age of a hundred and twenty that "his eyes were not weak nor his strength gone." [Deuteronomy 34:7] Caleb had this testimony: "So here I am today, eighty-five years old! I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I’m just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then." [Joshua 14:10-11]. Even after the flood of Noah's day, it seems we have some access to longevity and vigor.

We have all heard of the "Fountain of Youth". You can still drink from a spring in St. Augustine Florida, commemorating the Spanish explorer, Ponce De Leon's legendary search for it. Ponce's body is long gone. And however long he survived, I suggest he was looking for the wrong "Fountain".

Our Spring of Living Water, our source of youth and vigor is our God, our Father in Heaven, His Son Yeshua (Jesus), and His Presence and His indwelling Holy Spirit. The Way, the Truth, and THE LIFE, lives within every born again believer. Dwelling in His Presence is the fountain of renewed youth for us.

Moses spent great amounts of time in and near the Presence of God. Check it out for yourself. Moses even glowed from it, once, and it clearly affected his physical constitution. Spending time with God, in His Presence, in His Word, will renew your youth; physically, emotionally, and spiritually. 

Elaine, are you feeling old today? Get into His Presence; get into His Word, and be renewed once again!

Arad, Israel 

Editor's Note: Find out how the next election will be unlike any Israeli election in history! How do these crazy Israeli elections work? Is the 3rd Temple on its way? Is the legalization of marijuana in the Holy Land just around the corner? Learn all about this and much more in this short video. 

Editor's Note: We've started to place Baht Rivka's music on YouTube with English subtitles. These are a few of the songs playing on Israeli radio. If you've never heard her music before ... be prepared to be blown away!  Lechu LaMayim (Come to the Waters) | Taboom | Mi Yodea (Who Knows?)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 08 Apr 2019, 7:32 pm

Elaine, become a spring in the desert!

Song of Solomon 1:14 My beloved is to me as a cluster of henna blossoms in the vineyards of En Gedi.

En Gedi is a nature reserve about 40 minutes from our home. Surrounded by dry, barren, rocky ground, except to the east where the Dead Sea lies, it is an oasis, fed year round by springs of fresh water, and home to some of the most unique wild and botanical life in the world.

In the Song of Solomon, the King likens his beloved to flowers in the desert, his experience of En Gedi, evoking the dramatic contrast between a harsh and arid landscape and the exquisite refreshing floral beauty of an oasis. Such was Solomon's experience of romantic love, perhaps with the Queen of Sheba.

Now you may feel like you’re walking through a desert -- wandering in a wilderness...thirsty, and perhaps, longing for love...

Seek the Lord your God. His Presence is an eternal spring and a perpetual oasis in this arid world, and His love is better than the most desirable romantic experience you could hope for. It's a love which flows from an eternal spring, Yeshua (Jesus), Himself, and its sweetness and power will cause flowers to bloom throughout your dry and barren life.

Elaine, drink from the spring of life, your beloved, Yeshua – He will fill you to overflowing, and make you, yourself, a living spring...for this thirsty, love-starved world.

Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: I've created a special Facebook page for answering readers questions about news, politics, religion, Israel, and ministry. Later on today, we'll be posting a video covering the election in Israel detailing all the nuances of Israeli politics.

Editor's Note: We've started to place Baht Rivka's music on YouTube with English subtitles. These are a few of the songs playing on Israeli radio. If you've never heard her music before ... be prepared to be blown away! Lechu LaMayim (Come to the Waters) | Taboom | Mi Yodea (Who Knows?)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 05 Apr 2019, 5:00 pm

Elaine, remember you're on the winning side! 

1 John 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.

As we are entering some of the most turbulent times in history, we've been receiving an unbelievable amount of email expressing concern about the future. But I want to tell you a little something -- the future is VICTORY!

It's not defeat or loss. If you think about it, all the great leaders of the Bible shone in the hardest of times. When the giant Goliath stood against the army of Israel, David didn't sit around with his brothers complaining about how big Goliath was. Though David was a dwarf next to this evil giant, he was still convinced he was going to be victorious because God was on his side!

When the apostles saw Yeshua die, they must have felt utterly defeated -- then, suddenly, there he was, out from the grave, gloriously alive before them -- and from then on they walked in His victory! They didn't sit around complaining about Roman persecution, the Sanhedrin, or the Pharisees. They didn't get wrapped up in how evil the world was becoming; instead, they pressed forward in the worst of times and in those dark days they shone like the stars in the midnight sky. 

Elaine, in the face of everything that's happening around us, let's be sure we're not developing a defeatist attitude. We are called children of the King, a royal priesthood, and a holy nation. Despite how bad things may be getting -- don't forget we're on the winning team! We can stand against this evil and overcome it... with good!

Arad, Israel 

Editor's Note: We've started to place Baht Rivka's music on YouTube with English subtitles. This is one of the songs playing on Israeli radio. If you've never heard her music before ... be prepared to be blown away! This song is called -- Lechu LaMayim (Come to the Waters)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 04 Apr 2019, 7:09 pm

Elaine, multiply your talents! 

Matthew 25:26-29 But his lord answered and said to him, 'You wicked and slothful servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. Then you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, and on my coming I would have received my money back with interest. Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents. For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away.

Reading this parable, we are struck by the serious consequences of failing to produce Kingdom fruit. But there's something I want to particularly point out. Many of the great heroes of the faith -- people like Moses and David, were not given great responsibilities immediately. Each of these men first served as a lowly shepherd, tending sheep. Having tested them first in this humble vocation, God then felt confident to elevate them to positions of greatness -- but it all started with a small step!

God is testing his saints in the little things -- as we pass our early tests, the Lord will promote us to greater things. Don't despise the day of small things -- a single talent invested wisely can produce a bountiful harvest! And remember that it begins with faithful stewardship of whatever gift or talent that God has allocated to you. 

Elaine, let's be wise stewards in these last days, using our divinely given abilities for His glory and purposes so that we can produce an abundant return on the Lord's investment in our lives. Let's heed the warning and the encouragement that Yeshua (Jesus) gives us in this parable, multiplying, rather than hiding our talent. Amen!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 04 Apr 2019, 1:00 am

Elaine, feeling empty? 

Ephesians 3:16-19 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,  that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height —  to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

In one sermon, D.L. Moody held up a glass and asked, "How can I get the air out of this glass?" One man shouted, "Suck it out with a pump!" Moody replied, "That would create a vacuum and shatter the glass." After numerous other suggestions Moody smiled, took out a pitcher of water, and filled the glass. "There," he said, "all the air is now removed."

He used this simple demonstration to explain that living a victorious life is not accomplished by "sucking out a sin here and there," but by being filled with the Holy Spirit.

Later, he said, "I believe firmly that the moment our hearts are emptied of pride and selfishness and ambition and everything that is contrary to God's law, the Holy Spirit will fill every corner of our hearts. But if we are full of pride and conceit and ambition and the world, there is no room for the Spirit of God. We must be emptied before we can be filled."

Elaine, let's begin emptying ourselves today! We need to be filled with God's Spirit so that we can be empowered to do great things! 

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 02 Apr 2019, 8:47 pm

Elaine, show some end time love! 

Matthew 24:12-13 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

The Bible speaks of a great falling away in the last days (2 Thessalonians 2) before the end of the age arrives, and it seems that we're seeing it on a grand scale all around us. Virtually everywhere we look we're watching the decline of morality and ethics -- in government, entertainment, and social culture. It seems hard to deny that we're living in the final days of abounding iniquity which Yeshua (Jesus) foretold.

This is not an easy time for true believers. The evil around us can be so discouraging and the darkness so oppressive that it really threatens our ability to walk in love. Yet the reality of the gospel is brighter and more relevant than ever in this world. And the inner light of Messiah burning in us will be all the more intense and warm in this gloomy landscape, if -- and only if, we fill our lamps with His holy oil and burn with His last days love. Anti-Christ culture is permeating our society. But we respond with the enduring culture of Messiah, a culture of supernatural love that will not die. 

Elaine, take heart and don't be deceived or discouraged, or allow your love to grow cold. These signs of the end are simply proof that God is on His throne and His sovereign Word is being fulfilled exactly as He spoke it. Continue in His love. Radiate His light. Wherever you are, wherever you go, bring His love. Love will endure, even forever.

Arad, Israel 

Elaine, listen, loud and clear! 

Luke 6:12 Now it came to pass in those days that He went out to the mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God. 

Have you ever noticed that most of our phone conversations go something like this? You call, say a word or two, they'll say a short thing or two in reply and then something like "Ok, in the middle of something, gotta run, talk to you later"! That's a good example of most of our telephone conversations with people when we were living in the United States.

Now that we're living in Israel however, it's a slightly different story. When we call America now, people are always making time to talk to us. In fact, usually they excuse themselves and go into a separate room so they can hear us loud and clear! And vice versa when they call us! But that got us thinking.

If we make some time and excuse ourselves from a room to talk to someone important on the telephone, how much more should we do these things for the Lord of Glory?!

William Wilberforce, Christian statesman of Great Britain in the late 18th and early 19th centuries, once said, "I must secure more time for private devotions. I have been living far too public for me. The shortening of private devotions starves the soul. It grows lean and faint."

We don't starve our bodies, do we? Then why do we starve our souls? We would never dream of not eating for a month or two, but how long has it been since we've gotten to a quiet room to nourish our souls with the Lord? Seems ironic, doesn't it? Our bodies are only temporary -- they will be buried six feet under some day, along with our belongings eventually. Our soul, though, is what we should be nourishing daily, what we should be guarding as our most prized possession because it will always be around! 

Elaine, let's make sure our priorities are straight. Let's be sure to excuse ourselves from the hustle and bustle -- so we can hear from the Lord -- loud and clear!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 29 Mar 2019, 1:40 pm

Elaine, let the light shine in the darkness! 

Matthew 16:13-16 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?" So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 

This groundbreaking conversation took place at Caesarea Phillipi, which lies today in the modern-day reserve of the Banias in the Golan Heights region of Israel. The city was established by Ptolemaic Greeks, a Hellenistic community where the worship of the god Pan was centered. Reviled by the Jews of Yeshua's time and considered by them the most idolatrous place in the entire Galilee, to this day it remains a place of nature worship and deep paganism.

Why did Yeshua (Jesus) deliberately take his disciples to the most sinful, pagan place to reveal who He was? Why not in the temple courts, or the tomb of Jeremiah or one of the prophets, where He might feel more at home and welcomed? No, Yeshua revealed who He really was... in the darkest corner of Israel.

Now that tells me that the Lord is not shy about shining His light in dark places, and that includes the ones inside me. Psalm 139 tells me that He is intimately acquainted with all of them –that I can forget about keeping secrets from Him. It seems He rather delights in walking into enemy territory and taking ground. Those areas of my life that I don’t want anyone else to see, (and usually can hide from them) – He wants to visit, speak His word, illuminate and cleanse the place! The places where I'm darkest and weakest are His greatest opportunities to be glorified through repentance, transformation, and healing. 

Elaine, take time to open before God the dark areas of your life, trusting in His perfect and patient love for you. He wants to reveal His forgiveness and beauty right where you are most ashamed and miserable. The gates of Hell shall not prevail against a saint whose faith and courage invite Yeshua deep into the hidden areas of his soul, to be cleansed and given over to Him.

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 28 Mar 2019, 10:28 pm

Elaine, be fruitful in spite of your circumstances! 

Matthew 7:17-20 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a corrupt tree bears evil fruit. A good tree cannot produce evil fruit, nor can a corrupt tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and cast into the fire. So then you will know them by their fruits. 

In Israel, it's amazing how many trees are being planted all the time. In fact, the green line that you hear about so much in the news isn't an actual drawn borderline, but it is a visible line you can only see from the air. It's where Israelis stopped planting trees.

Now suppose I wanted to plant a fig tree -- would I go searching for lemon seeds? Of course not! And even if I planted a fig tree next to a lemon tree, it would still only produce figs, no matter how close it was planted to the lemon tree.

So in our lives, though we may be surrounded with sourness, even planted in a "lemon grove", we are "fig trees" -- and the sweetness of our fruit will remain, because we were planted by the Lord Himself, to produce good fruit under all conditions. There is no question that if we are planted in Him the good fruit we bear will come forth in both good times and bad times.

Life is filled with ups and downs, unforeseen circumstances that send our lives in strange loops we weren't expecting -- nevertheless, we were fashioned to be fruit bearers...unconditionally. You may say " George, you don't understand, you have no idea what's happening in my life right now!" You're right, I don't -- but I do know the Lord who laid down his life unconditionally for you -- and that He did it so He could abide in you and you in Him -- guess what for... 

Elaine, if life is overwhelming you, then it's time to reach down deep and draw nourishment from the Root of our lives -- Yeshua the Messiah. The sap of His Life will produce... MUCH! GOOD! FRUIT!...despite the lemons!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 28 Mar 2019, 12:18 am

Elaine, where's the fruit? 

Matthew 13:23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."

If you keep a grain of wheat in your pocket, it will look exactly the same ten years from now. But place it in the right environment -- some good ground, enough water -- it will sprout into a living sheaf of grain!

Every kind of life requires its particular corresponding environment in order to achieve its full and predestined potential. It's no different with the seeds of the fruit of the Spirit in our hearts!

God has readily made available to us the seeds of success. He gives us the opportunity to live a life of much fruit! A life abounding in the fruits of love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith and self-control.

But here they are -- just seeds -- sitting in our pocket -- waiting 'til we decide to plant them and allow them to become trees of plenty in our lives. 

Elaine, is your soil is fertile and ready? Let's plant some seeds today and invite the Lord to water and nourish them so that we can produce fruit one-hundred fold for the Kingdom.

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 26 Mar 2019, 1:13 pm

Elaine, abide! 

John 15:1-5 I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

How do we produce much fruit? What is the Lord saying?

In the modern world, the work ethic is, achieve and produce by working longer and harder! The focus is on getting results through human effort -- we've become product oriented and the bottom line is......the bottom line! But God's way runs contrary to this approach -- His way is much more oriented toward process and relationship rather than performance and production. He IS interested in results which He calls "fruit"; but not by pushing or egging us on to work harder or longer.

The Lord's way is to work with and through us so that every result or product comes out of our abiding in Him, since without Him WE CAN DO NOTHING.

This is opposed to of the culture we live in today, and to human nature in general. Think about it -- we're constantly bombarded with self-help books promoting self-esteem, self-confidence, and self-control -- our society is all about SELF! But God's way of success produces the results which He values; results which are not produced by self-effort, but which grow out of an intimate relationship with Him, in which we seek to constantly abide. 

Elaine, the only way we can become abundantly fruitful is to understand the Lord's fruit-bearing process. As we lay down self-effort, our natural human independence, and seek communion with Him, abiding in the Vine, then His power, His will, and His desires will be realized in our lives, which then, will bear fruit that remains throughout eternity!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 25 Mar 2019, 2:29 pm

Elaine, don't dilute the Word!

2 Peter 2:8-9  (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)  The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

When Yeshua (Jesus) was attacked by Satan during His temptation in the wilderness, He countered every attack with the Word of God.  But notice in Satan’s second attack – the enemy himself quoted the Scriptures, saying, “If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down, for it is written, 'He shall give his angels charge over thee, and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.'” (Matthew 4:6 was a quote from Psalm 91:11, but the phrase, “to keep thee in all thy ways” was absent from Satan's quote).

If we learn anything from this, we will realize that Satan has knowledge and some understanding of Scripture, and that he will use the Word attempting to deceive us with it into wrong actions. This tactic goes back even as far as the Garden of Eden where the adversary twisted God’s word saying, "Did God really say you shall not eat from every tree in the garden?"

So it is today, that all around us we are hearing constant abuses, questions and attacks against the truth and reliability of God’s Word. Did God really create the world...in six days?  Did God really say that marriage consists of a union between a man and a woman?  Is God really going to judge the world and destroy it with fire?  Has God really defined absolute moral truth?

The enemy is constantly attempting to erode and destroy the foundational truths of God’s word using distortions, corruptions, half-truths, and modern "interpretations", for he knows that “if the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?” (Psalm 11:3) 

Elaine, let’s not be deceived by these subtle ploys of Satan.  If we agree to alter or dilute the Word of God to accommodate our circumstances or natural inclinations, we will end up exactly where that serpent wants us; in disobedience, sin, and sorrow. You know, Satan has been using religious language to tempt the saints since the beginning of time, even to the point of trying to persuade people that he doesn't even exist.  We must be discerning. If we want to live and walk in the truth we will believe God’s Word undiluted without compromise or private interpretation, seeking to understand it with the help of His Holy Spirit, Who is the only perfect interpreter.  If we do, the enemy's deceptions will fail, and we will be delivered from every temptation!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 22 Mar 2019, 8:00 pm

Elaine, touch someone and bring out their inner beauty! 

Isaiah 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

A young couple was visiting a renown jewelry store in New York City. They browsed through cases of magnificent diamonds with their gleaming yellow light along with many other splendid precious stones. Among those beautiful stones, one in particular caught his wife's eye. It was completely lusterless and didn't seem to be in the right place.

"That is one terrible looking stone, do you see that?", the she said. The curious husband asked a clerk if they could see the stone. The clerk opened the case, took out the stone and held it in his hand for a few minutes. When he opened it, there was a perfectly flawless stone. There was not a place on it that didn't gleam with the splendor of the rainbow. "How did you do that?", they asked in surprise. "This is an opal", he replied. "It is what we call the sympathetic jewel. It only needs contact with the human hand to bring out its wonderful beauty."

Merely a touch brings out this stone's beauty. We live in a world where beauty is hidden under pain, sin, and suffering. How many lives only need the warm touch of human sympathy, love, and compassion, to make them gleam with a radiant splendor? 

Elaine, reach out and touch someone this weekend for His glory! Share with them the love of God and not only will they receive a glimmer of joy, but you will gleam with His radiance too! When the Lord asked whom shall I send, Isaiah replied "Hineni (here am I)".  Let's say "Hineni" today and be used by the Lord to bring out the beauty of those around us!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down