World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 38 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 38 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyToday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyToday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyToday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyToday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 20 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Thu 19 Nov 2015, 4:28 pm

Elaine, He is the potter, we are the clay! 

Isaiah 64:8 But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Early in the last century, sculptor Gutzon Borglum gazed at the cliffs of South Dakota's Black Hills. As any great artist would, He saw what no one else could the sculpted faces of US presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt. After 14 years, he finally completed his project -- Mount Rushmore.

How in the world did Borglum foresee such a work of art by looking at a cliff? He envisioned what those Black Hills could become.

God is envisioning what we are to become in Him! But in order for the Him to make a beautiful monument of us, we must allow ourselves to be moldable. He wants to mold us into the image He desires -- His own! He wants to chip away at our rough edges and make us into a fine work of art, that all who see us will be awed and enriched. In the hands of a great artist, we can be created into incredible works of art that survive the ages, even after we have passed through this life into the next! 

Elaine, let's become moldable in the Father's hands and make Him proud to show off what He's created! 

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Baltimore, Maryland 

Editor's Note: We have our preliminary schedule online, and hopefully we'll finalize our entire speaking tour over the next two weeks. 

Editor's Note: We are coming to the United States this Winter/Spring for a cross country speaking/music tour. If you want to hear timely word from Worthy News Founder and Director, George Whitten and powerful Israeli Worship Music from Baht Rivka Whitten, Lazman Hazeh Music, as well as testimony of life and ministry in the Land, make sure to book soon for your Congregation, Conference, Church, Home Fellowship or Israel focused Event. We hope to hug you! Please send an email to george [ @ ] worthyemail.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Nov 2015, 1:26 pm

Elaine, one more important thing! 

Mark 10:18-21 So Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.  You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery,' 'Do not murder,' 'Do not steal,' 'Do not bear false witness,' 'Do not defraud,' 'Honor your father and your mother.'" And he answered and said to Him, "Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth."  Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, "One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me."

Yesterday, I shared from this same passage. But today, something even more powerful touched my heart about it -- and it was so humbling, I had to share it with you too.

Yes, it's true that we as humans tend to compare ourselves with one another and think highly of our good works. And it is true that not one of us is good by God's standards and that our good works are like filthy rags according to Isaiah. However, seeing all this -- Yeshua (Jesus) beheld this man…. and loved him. "Yeshua loved him," it says. And then, only then did he tell him the hard-to-swallow truth.

The Gospel is not just truth -- it is much more than that. It is the truth told in love.

When we share this Good News, must behold, and truly love the person with whom we're sharing it! 

Elaine, even to those who hated Yeshua, He told it in love. How much more should we be sharing that way with our friends and family?? Yeshua told the truth in love and that's the way we should strive do it too.

Lord, help us! We want to love one another as You have commanded! Give us hearts of flesh for our hearts of stone and help us to truly love one another, that your Name may be glorified when we speak your truth! We want to do great things for You! 

Baltimore, Maryland 

Editor's Note: We have our preliminary schedule online, and hopefully we'll finalize our entire speaking tour over the next two weeks. 

Editor's Note: We are coming to the United States this Winter/Spring for a cross country speaking/music tour. If you want to hear timely word from Worthy News Founder and Director, George Whitten and powerful Israeli Worship Music from Baht Rivka Whitten, Lazman Hazeh Music, as well as testimony of life and ministry in the Land, make sure to book soon for your Congregation, Conference, Church, Home Fellowship or Israel focused Event. We hope to hug you! Please send an email to george [ @ ] worthyemail.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 17 Nov 2015, 12:16 pm

Elaine, are you a good person?

Mark 10:18-21 So Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.  You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery,' 'Do not murder,' 'Do not steal,' 'Do not bear false witness,' 'Do not defraud,' 'Honor your father and your mother.'" And he answered and said to Him, "Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth."  Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, "One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me."

I can't begin to tell you. So many people I've shared the Gospel with have answered, "Well -- I don't need that, I'm a good person." No, we're not. We have a tendency to compare ourselves with our neighbor, thinking how nice or how giving we are compared to him or her. But none of us are good by God's standards. Our good works are like filthy rags, according to Isaiah.

This guy thought he was a great guy. "Yeah Yeshua (Jesus), really, I've done all this stuff you say, even from my youth!" One thing he lacked, though. He needed to take up his cross and follow Him.

Elaine, we can do lots of good things. But have we truly taken up our taken up our cross today and followed Him today? It's time. Today is the day to take up our cross! Today is the day to give our lives for God's purposes and follow Him!

Baltimore, Maryland 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 16 Nov 2015, 11:34 pm

Elaine, get a good night's sleep! 
Psalm 121:4 Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
On late Friday evening as terrorist attacks broke out in Paris, I couldn't help being reminded of a story that took place in World War 2. 
During the Battle of Britain, the German Luftwaffe rained down about thirty-five thousand bombs upon London during nightly air raids, causing terrifying fear and tremendous destruction and mayhem in large parts of London.
For months, as sirens wailed out warnings of approaching German bombers, the general population automatically hurried toward the nearest Air Raid Shelter! People learned to look after one another during the nightly raids and the 'morning after' walk abouts and clean-ups.
After a terrible night of bombardment, an elderly woman was not seen in a certain neighborhood for several days. Her neighbors assumed that she had either been killed by the falling bombs or that she had gone to the countryside to escape the danger, disruption of life and incessant noise.
Some time later, a neighbor spotted the elderly woman walking down the street and articulated his happiness that she was alive and well.
"It’s nice to see you back", he said. 
"I have not been away", she replied. 
"Where have you been?" he asked.
"I’ve been at home," said the woman. 
"What have you been doing at home during the air raids?” inquired the neighbor.
"Sleeping," she answered. 
"How could you sleep with all the noise and explosions?" he asked.

"Oh", she replied, I was reading my Bible and found Psalms 121:4 where it declares that God doesn’t slumber nor sleep, so I thought there was no point in both of us staying awake."
Elaine, as the world gets more chaotic during these last days as fear abounds, may the Lord grant you the ability to rest in Him for truly He neither slumbers or sleeps as He watches over you! 
Baltimore, Maryland 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 13 Nov 2015, 1:14 pm

Elaine, do something!

Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

An old mountaineer and his wife were sitting in front of the fireplace one evening just whiling away the time. After a long silence, the wife said: "Jed, I think it's raining. Go outside and check, will ya?"

The old mountaineer continued to gaze into the fire for a second, sighed, then said, "Aw Ma, why don't we just call in the dog and see if he's wet."

We have a tendency to get lazy sometimes, don't we?

John Wesley traveled 250,000 miles on horseback, averaging twenty miles a day for forty years. He preached 4,000 sermons, produced 400 books, learned ten languages. At age eighty-three, he was annoyed that he could not write more than fifteen hours a day without hurting his eyes. At age eighty-six, he felt ashamed he could not preach more than twice a day. He complained in his diary that there was an increasing tendency to lie in bed until 5:30 in the morning. 

Elaine, hmmm. There is much to do for the Kingdom today -- none of us should be bored! Let's get up and do something for God today! There's so much work to be done!!

Baltimore, Maryland 

Elaine, are you in love? 

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Have you ever noticed that when people are in love, they tend to forget everything else? Everything becomes secondary -- cars, houses, money -- nothing matters -- it is all secondary to love. Then, when they fall out of love, as in a divorce, all of a sudden those things mean everything! They argue about all the little meaningless things they ever owned together. Each wants it all for himself.

The same is true with the Lord. Before we know Him, all we really have are possessions. But when we come to know God -- truly know Him -- those things mean very little -- we're in love! We're willing to give up everything. Those people who are most in love with God and filled with His love are the least possessive and the least materialistic. 

Elaine, if we have been wrapped up in our possessions, we've lost sight of our greatest treasure! All that stuff means nothing. Let go of it. Return to your first love. Lighten your heart and fall in love again with the love of God!

Baltimore, Maryland 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Nov 2015, 12:21 am

Elaine, has someone been watching? 

2 Corinthians 13:5-6 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

We came across this interesting story by Leslie B. Flynn in her book Dare to Care Like Jesus.

A Christian baroness, living in the highlands of Nairobi, Kenya, told of a young national who was employed as her houseboy. After three months he asked the baroness to give him a letter of reference to a friendly sheik some miles away. The baroness, not wishing the houseboy to leave just when he had learned the routine of the household, offered to increase his pay. The lad replied that he was not leaving for higher pay. Rather, he had decided he would become either a Christian or a Muslim. This was why he had come to work for the baroness for three months. He had wished to see how Christians acted. Now he wanted to work for three months for the sheik to observe the ways of the Muslims. Then he would decide which way of life he would follow. The baroness was stunned as she recalled her many blemishes in her dealings with the houseboy. She could only exclaim, "Why didn't you tell me at the beginning!"

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the minute we label ourselves "Christian", we must know that people will be watching us everywhere we go. This does not mean that we have to be perfect (although that is what the world often expects to see)! But what it means is that we have to be daily walking in repentance, frequently examining our behaviors and motives, and praying for God's deliverance from all the ways we fall short. We must be bettering ourselves for the Kingdom every single day! Yes, it must be the main focus in our lives! 

Elaine, none of us have arrived. We all have work to do. Let's make it a point to be in daily, or even hourly contact with the Lord, asking Him to restore our hearts and minds for His sake and for the sake of all who are watching!

Baltimore, Maryland 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 10 Nov 2015, 4:16 pm

Elaine, get your game on! 

Luke 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

You've probably heard of tennis champion Boris Becker, but you may not know this. He had everything, talent, money, fame and every other worldly pleasure one could want, yet he still struggled with depression and frequent thoughts of suicide. "I had won Wimbledon twice before," he said, "once as the youngest player. I was rich. I had all the material possessions I needed ... It's the old song of movie stars and pop stars who commit suicide. They have everything, and yet they are so unhappy. I had no inner peace. I was a puppet on a string."

When we're not fully submitted to the Lord, we are puppets on a string in the hands of the enemy. We will never be satisfied. We will never have peace. We will never be accomplishing the purposes for which we were divinely created.

D.L. Moody said, "I believe firmly that the moment our hearts are emptied of pride and selfishness and ambition and everything that is contrary to God's law, the Holy Spirit will fill every corner of our hearts. But if we are full of pride and conceit and ambition and the world, there is no room for the Spirit of God. We must be emptied before we can be filled."

Elaine, let's get our game on for the Lord today. Let's give our heart to Him yet again today. Let's purpose to empty it of our desires and allow God to fill it with His.

Baltimore, Maryland 

Editor's Note: We have our preliminary schedule online, and hopefully we'll finalize our entire speaking tour over the next week. 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 09 Nov 2015, 9:47 pm

Elaine, hop on and take a ride through the country! 

Proverbs 15:15 All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.

A new driver for an interstate trucking company was having a difficult time. He found the long cross-country trips extremely tiring. The older driver who traveled with him, however, seemed to thrive on those long trips. He always seemed to look as fresh at the end of the ride as he did at the beginning.

One day, the young man asked the older what his secret was. "Well, it's really all in the way you look at it," he replied. "While you went to work this morning, I went for a ride through the country."

Our focus will determine whether life is work or a ride in the country. We are privileged to be here in this day and age. God is doing awesome things right before our eyes and He’s allowing us to take part!

Elaine, let's get excited about taking a ride with the Lord today! He has great things to show us and teach us along the way!

Lumberton, North Carolina 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 05 Nov 2015, 10:43 pm

Elaine, blast off!

Isaiah 43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

Did you know that on a rocket's journey, the most force is exerted at its lift-off? The amount of force that is needed to get that rocket off the ground is so fierce that it could easily blow the whole thing to pieces. Interestingly though, the further the rocket moves from the earth's gravitational pull, the less energy it needs to move farther along.

Isn't it true with us as well? Whether it's breaking a habit, losing those first few pounds or learning something new, taking our first step into a new thing is the hardest part. That initial step always takes the most effort, the most energy. If we keep pressing on, however, it becomes easier and easier to move ahead!

As many of you know, the fact that we have moved ourselves and our ministry here is nothing short of a miracle! God has sustained us as we have pressed ahead through all the difficulties of acclimating to a new language and culture, pioneering a powerful ministry, and living by faith for all our physical needs.

We have come to Israel with a vision and purpose that we truly believe is from God. That vision includes a number of endeavors such as a relief center for needy and hurting Israelis, a leadership training center and much, much more! In so many ways, we, like that rocket are just in our beginning steps of take-off. Please stand in prayer with us as we press ahead to bigger and better things for the Kingdom! 

Elaine, perhaps there is something new He wants you to be doing! God wants us to get out of our comfort zones and take that first step of faith so that we can see just how truly awesome He is! Together, let's take our first steps into something new!

...in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean ... 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 03 Nov 2015, 12:57 pm

Elaine, keep on sowing!

Galatians 6:8-9 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

A friend sent us this amazing story.

A young man who had been raised as an atheist was training to be an Olympic diver. The only religious influence in his life came from his outspoken Christian friend. The young diver never really paid much attention to his friend's sermons, but he heard them often.

One night the diver went to the indoor pool at the college he attended. The lights were all off, but as the pool had big skylights and the moon was bright, there was plenty of light to practice by. The young man climbed up to the highest diving board.

As he turned his back to the pool, on the edge of the board and extended his arms out, he saw his shadow on the wall. The shadow of his body was in the shape of a cross. Suddenly, he felt a strange feeling, like someone was speaking to him. Instead of diving, he knelt down and finally asked God to come into his life.

As the young man stood in deep reverence before the Lord, a maintenance man walked in and turned on the lights. The pool had been drained for repairs.

Mm. Sometimes we get frustrated. It seems like our words are falling on deaf ears and that our loved ones will never see the truth. But we never know how God is working in those for whom we've been praying. He often has a plan we know nothing about!

Elaine, let's not be discouraged when we don't see the fruit right away. God knows the day and the hour and He will be faithful to follow through. Keep praying. Keep sharing. Keep sowing the seed! There's so much work to be done!

..in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean ... 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 02 Nov 2015, 9:36 pm

Elaine, why a pearl? 

Matthew 13:45-46 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Recently, a jewler friend of ours sent us his beautiful interpretation of Yeshua's (Jesus') parable of the pearl and we wanted to share it with you.

In Matthew 13, we see that a merchant sold all that he had to purchase a single pearl. But why, of all things, a pearl? As a jeweler, I would question the choice the Lord made -- choosing to leave the Father's side for a pearl instead of what I would think has much greater significance, the much coveted diamond. You may know that the diamond is graded in value according to the 4 C's, Cut, Color, Clarity & Carat-weight. The answer to my pondering was right there! The diamond receives a substantial portion of its value from the way a person cuts it -- the work of man's hand! Interestingly, the only natural gemstone that has more value when it is found than when men finish with it is the PEARL!

In the same way, we can add nothing to the work of Salvation! God has paid the price for us in full -- and a tremendous price it was. The God of glory, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords left all the splendor of Heaven to claim this pearl. And He gained it by paying a price that was far more precious than any of us could pay. 

Elaine, sometimes we get so busy and we don't take time out consider this incredible work of God in our lives. He has bought us with a price. We are fully paid, fully ransomed, fully redeemed! We are the pearls of great desire! Let's walk in that victory today!

Baltimore, Maryland 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 Oct 2015, 1:43 pm

Elaine, wake up and smell the roses! 

Matthew 5:11-12 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

An ancient story is told of the Queen of Sheba. She sent two wreaths of roses to Solomon, one real and one artificial, to test his reputed wisdom. She defied him to detect the genuine from the artificial. Solomon at once directed that some bees be brought into the room and of course, they immediately flew to the real flowers and thought nothing of the counterfeit.

So it is with us as believers. When we find ourselves overwhelmed, surrounded, being attacked from every side with the bees of revile and persecution, it simply means they recognize that we are the real deal! Our beautiful aroma attracts those scary bees but the Lord, in the end, "Where,[oh bees], is your sting?"

Elaine, rejoice when the bees come around! Don't lose heart! God has the victory!

Baltimore, Maryland 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 28 Oct 2015, 10:20 pm

Elaine, all aboard!

Hebrews 2:10-11 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

After nearly completing his first overseas cruise, a young ensign was given an opportunity to display his capabilities at getting the ship under way. With a stream of commands, he had the decks buzzing with men and soon the ship was steaming out the channel en route to the states.

His efficiency established a new record for getting a destroyer under Way, so he was not surprised when a seaman approached him with a message from the captain. Strangely though, it was a radio message and it read: "My personal congratulations to you upon completing your underway preparation exercise according to the book and with amazing speed. In your haste, however, you have overlooked one of the unwritten rules--make sure the captain is aboard before getting under way."

We may think our lives are in order. We may have them managed them to a tee and people may wish they were us -- our businesses are prospering, our kids are doing well in school, our marriage is sweeter than ever. But if the Captain is not on board, at some point, we're going to have to head back and start again. 

Elaine, let's make sure the Lord is on board our lives today. There's so much more we can do when He is!

Baltimore, Maryland 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 23 Oct 2015, 7:21 pm

Elaine, you're free to go!

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

My wife tells a story of when she moved to Israel some years ago for ministry before we ever met.

"Times were tough in Israel at the time and I lived in an area of Jerusalem where bomb threats, bomb squads and bus bombings were commonplace. I found myself constantly looking around, imagining that this person or that person was carrying a bomb and envisioning all the terrible things that could happen to me if they were. The fear was consuming and paralyzing".

This is a tactic that the enemy just loves to use on those who are called according to God's purposes. For the simple reason that when we are afraid, we are distracted from the calling that God has on our lives. Though she had a heart to share the good news of Messiah with her people, Rivka was not available to be a blessing to the people around her because she was too busy worrying for her life.

She goes on to say "One day, I had a revelation about this fear. The Lord showed me that I was His child and that if I know He has called me to Israel to accomplish His purposes and I am actively seeking opportunities to accomplish them, even my death would be to His glory. I needed to fear for my physical well being no longer, I was in His hands. Instead, I needed to be concerned with the spiritual well being of the people God put in my path."

God has called us of each to do great things for Him! Let's not be distracted by the lies of the enemy that we are not gifted enough, not able enough, not strong enough, not financially stable enough to go forth and do bold works for the Lord.

Elaine, let's ask God for wisdom, the grace and the freedom to be in the right places at the right times and the boldness to speak up for Him! There is no more fulfilling place we can be than this.

Negev Desert, Israel 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 22 Oct 2015, 4:57 pm

Elaine, caution -- under construction!

"And the house, when it was in building, was built of stone made ready before it was brought thither: so that there was neither hammer nor axe nor any tool of iron heard in the house, while it was in building" (I Kings 6:7).

Isn't it remarkable that every stone was beautifully constructed at a place far away from the Temple sight -- and then put together perfectly on location. And these weren't small stones either -- these were great BIG stones, made far away and then and placed in perfect precision. (1 Kings 5:17)

The Holy Spirit is erecting a magnificent temple today! And each stone -- that is, each of us -- has been carefully cut from this world's dark quarry, perfectly chiseled and smoothed to fit into a specific special spot within a growing structure -- upon which our Messiah is the chief cornerstone!

Elaine, you are a chosen and precious stone! Let's allow the Spirit of God to chisel us this upcoming new year! God desires to smooth out our rough edges so that we will be built into a glorious Temple unto the Lord.

Negev Desert, Israel 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 21 Oct 2015, 3:01 pm

Elaine, I'm hungry! Where's the fruit?!

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

As I write this devotional about planting seed, it's interesting since my name (George) means "farmer" or "worker of the earth".

What does a farmer do? If he or she is a good farmer, he works hard at preparing the ground for the sowing of seed. Each year, he waits in expectation for a harvest. Hopefully he toiled the ground well and the seed sank deep into the rich soil. Hopefully his watering was consistent and the seed will grow and bear large delicious fruit. But really, he can't know for sure until many months later when it's time for the harvest.

Perhaps you know that one of the trees for which Israel is best known is the olive tree. It doesn't take months, it takes YEARS for an olive tree to develop fruit! Hmmm.Who wants to plant a tree that doesn't bear fruit for many years? But guess what, once it starts bearing fruit it can keep producing on it's own for dozens of years! That was an encouraging word to us personally.

But we are all called to be farmers -- to bring in God's great harvest! What we often lack is the patience to wait to see fruit! We want those seeds to sprout right now and we lose heart when we don't see instant results.

Elaine, the Lord promises that His Word will not be sent in vain, but will accomplish what He pleases and shall prosper where He sends it! Our job is to be faithful and patient! Let's not get discouraged when we don't see our seed producing. It will bring forth fruit in His timing! Be patient! Keep planting! And expect a bountiful harvest!

Negev Desert, Israel 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Oct 2015, 6:49 pm

Elaine, don't be overwhelmed with tomorrow! 

Matthew 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

When I first gave my life to the Lord, like many of us, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. If God would have shown me, at that time, all the things that would have to change about me, I think I would have gone running for dear life!

Now, here we are, in Israel, a whirlwind of events going on around us, a growing ministry, all the trials you can imagine in relating to a different culture, language, etc. Ha! If you would have shown me this picture back in the days of my rebellion, I think I would have laughed my head off in unbelief!

But that is the Lord's way. God is a gentleman. He doesn't show us more than He feels we need to know. He knows that we are weak and He's merciful enough not to give us more than we can handle. What He desires for us to lay our worries upon Him and trust Him for our future.

God has not given us power to overcome all the problems we have yet to face. He has given us only the power to overcome what faces us today! Just as the children of Israel could collect only enough manna for one day, the power God gives us to face our trials -- it only comes one day at a time.

Elaine, God has so many wonderful adventures ahead for us who love Him and are called according to His purpose -- and He will surely give us the strength to endure the trials we'll face with each adventure. Let's trust Him only for today's trials -- and let Him worry about the rest! 

Negev Desert, Israel 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 19 Oct 2015, 2:30 pm

Elaine, get your eyes re-centered on Him! 

Daniel 9:26 And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

The Book of Daniel prophesied in this passage, that the Messiah will come and be cut off, and then the city of Jerusalem and the sanctuary (the temple) will be destroyed. The city of Jerusalem was destroyed by the Roman army led by Titus in 70 AD. Consequently the Messiah of Israel, whoever he is, had to have come before the year 70 AD. There is only one person whose identity and life perfectly fits the description and timing contained in this prophecy; no one else even comes close. This same Messiah was to be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2), ride a donkey into Jerusalem (Zechariah 9:9) and die for the sins of the world (Isaiah 53). He fulfilled at least 100 other prophecies at His first coming. He is Yeshua (Jesus) of Nazareth.

But for nearly 2,000 years most of Yeshua's own Jewish people have been searching and waiting in vain for their Messiah, blind to His true identity and first appearing.

Now we who do know Him might look with condescension on our Jewish neighbors, but we ought to be careful that we're not making the same mistake in a way; waiting for a fulfillment or a promise that has already come, and missing it because of blindness, jealousy, worldliness or pride. Yeshua is our fulfillment in life; having received Him and known Him, have we still missed that reality? 

Elaine, don't forget to center your life and your hope on Him. He is the Way, the Truth, and the LIFE! With so much work to be done, let's make sure our lives are centered!

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Oct 2015, 6:59 pm

Elaine, stop pretending! 

Psalms 56:2-4 Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High. What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

Some experts believe that acute stress can provoke changes in the heart that may lead to death. In one study, fifteen cases were identified in which people died after a physical assault, even though the injuries alone were not enough to kill them. Eleven of the fifteen showed a type of heart-cell death, similar to a reaction in experimental animals that feel helpless to anticipate or avoid danger.

We live in a day that godlessness is on the rise -- a day in which the world (and even some of the church) is motivated by money, power and the desire for worldly pleasures -- a day in which the fruit of this behavior is apparent even to the worst of us. It's a scary time.

Even amidst these frightful times, though, isn't it wonderful to know that we don't have to pretend we're not afraid? God knew we would be afraid from time to time. But He encourages us to redirect our attention to put our trust again in Him. He, who is all powerful and watches over us intently. What a gracious and compassionate Father we have!

Elaine, let's ask the Lord to help us keep our focus on trusting Him for all things. When we are focused on this, there's no stopping us from doing the great things He has called us to do!

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 15 Oct 2015, 9:52 pm

Elaine, can't touch this!

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Carl Armerding wrote a funny story in Moody Monthly, about his experience at the zoo. "As I stood there," he said, "an attendant entered the cage through a door on the opposite side. He had nothing in his hands but a broom. Carefully closing the door, he proceeded to sweep the floor of the cage." He observed that the worker had no weapon to ward off an attack by the beast. In fact, when he got to the corner of the cage where the wildcat was lying, he poked the animal with the broom. The wildcat hissed at him and then lay down in another corner of the enclosure. Armerding remarked to the attendant, "You certainly are a brave man." "No, I ain't brave," he replied as he continued to sweep. "Well, then, that cat must be tame." "No," came the reply, "he ain't tame." "If you aren’t brave and the wildcat isn't tame, then I can't understand why he doesn't attack you." Armerding said the man chuckled, then replied with an air of confidence, "Mister, he's old -- and he ain't got no teeth."

Such is the devil in our lives when we realize that God is for us! We should be like the attendant. He knew that cat couldn’t hurt a fly. Satan will make a big ruckus, fussing and growling all he wants but we need to keep our eyes focused on our Lord. 

Elaine, are you being growled at today? The enemy would love nothing more than to make us feel powerless against him -- but "he ain't got no teeth" next to our Lord! Let's turn to God and put our trust in Him. If God is for us, who can be against us?!

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 15 Oct 2015, 10:25 am

Elaine, God has you covered!

Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

This was good word for us, so we thought we'd share it with you.

A missionary in the New Hebrides Islands, described his experience with God's divine angelic protection. Hostile natives surrounded his mission headquarters one night, desiring to kill him and his wife and burn the place down. All through that terror filled night, they prayed that God would deliver them from this evil. When daylight came they were amazed to see the natives leave, looking frustrated.

One year later, the chief of that tribe gave his life to the Lord. Remembering what had happened that terrible night, the missionary asked the chief what had kept him and his men from burning down the house that night. The chief replied in surprise, "Well, he said, all those men were there with you! "What do you mean?", asked the missionary, "There were no men there, just my wife and I." The chief argued that the tribe had seen many men standing guard -- hundreds of big men in shining garments with drawn swords in their hands. They seemed to circle the house, so they were afraid to attack.

Elaine, fear not! You are engraved on the palm of His hand! Thousands may fall at your side but you shall not be harmed. You are loved and cherished, and no weapon formed against you shall prosper!

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 13 Oct 2015, 10:04 pm

Elaine, He's got you and me, brother, in His hands! 

Proverbs 22:3 A prudent man foresees the evil, and hides himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.

Lately we've been receiving more and more calls and emails asking us what we think might happen in the near future and how they should prepare. I love what John Calvin had to say about the matter.

"When the light of divine providence has once shone upon a godly man, he is then relieved and set free not only from the extreme anxiety and fear that were pressing him before, but from every care ... Ignorance of providence is the ultimate misery; the highest blessedness lies in knowing it ... It gives incredible freedom from worry about the future."

Elaine, it's great to be wise and prepare for the days ahead -- saving, storing, wisely investing. But I think there is a much more important preparation we often forget -- it is to make certain that the Lord FIRST in our life and make sure we are trusting in Him alone. So that when these trials and tribulations come upon us, we'll know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we rest securely in His hands!

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 12 Oct 2015, 8:30 pm

Elaine, shaping and reshaping politics! 

1 Peter 2:13-17 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well. For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: As free, and not using your liberty for a cloak of maliciousness, but as the servants of God. Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.

For a season I worked in Washington D.C. for one of the largest Christian political organizations in America. Sometimes I saw how politics could get ugly and, more often than not, how it changed people -- not for the better...but often for the worse! As the elections are heating up in the United States, there have recently been some outrageous attacks. And sadly, I feel pretty sure these attacks will only intensify in the days ahead. Nevertheless, I'm encouraged! Why? Because, often, the enemy's destructive intentions and attacks become God's means for testimony and victorious proclamation!

Let me give you an example: during the period of history known as "the enlightenment", the "enlightened" philosopher, Voltaire, proclaimed that within twenty-five years the Bible would be forgotten and Christianity would be a thing of the past. Forty years after his death in 1778, Voltaire's house was purchased, and used to print Bibles and other Christian literature. Such is the irony of one man's prophetic folly. His own house became God's platform for proclaiming the message that Voltaire despised. Watching the current election process in America, without mentioning names, I suggest we may once again witness such an irony.

Elaine, don't let the political season shape you for the worse, with bitterness, mockery, sarcasm, rancor, etc... -- but rather, transform the political landscape by who you are -- a king and a priest of the Most High! Be a confident, respectful, and quietly shining beacon of light in this dark (political) world, and continue to pray the Lord's guiding hand upon the leaders who face the tremendous responsibilities and challenges ahead!

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 09 Oct 2015, 10:32 pm

Elaine, you are chosen in the furnace of affliction!

Isaiah 48:10 Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.

The great evangelist and teacher Charles Spurgeon had a plaque on his bedroom with the words written on it, "I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction."

Spurgeon, writing about the trials and afflictions that the saints endure, said, "It is no mean thing to be chosen of God." He continued, "God's choice makes chosen men choice men … we are chosen, not in the palace, but in the furnace. In the furnace, beauty is marred, fashion is destroyed, strength is melted, glory is consumed; yet here eternal love reveals its secrets, and declares its choice."

In the midst of trials and tribulations comes the burning question: "Why do the righteous suffer?" Some answer with theology, others with platitudes; C.S. Lewis offers a rhetorical, "Why not? They're the only ones who can take it!" 

One friend suggests, "Suffering was the personal choice of God at the beginning of creation. [Revelation 13:8] If I want to know Him personally and intimately how can I not embrace it?" 

Elaine, embrace your trial and the suffering involved, but only if you want a deeper relationship with your personal savior.

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 08 Oct 2015, 9:29 pm

Elaine, how will you focus today?

Phillipians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.

In the 1970s when the Alaskan Pipeline was being constructed many Texans went to Alaska to work on the pipeline alongside the Eskimos, native Alaskans. However the Texans could only work a few hours in the frigid weather, while the Eskimos could easily work for hours on end.

Some scientists decided to do a study to find out why the Eskimos could withstand the weather, while the Texans flagged. The study concluded there were no physiological differences between the Eskimos and the Texans. Then the scientists conducted a psychological study and discovered the difference. The Eskimos experienced the cold, but clearly understood that a job needed to be done. With that mindset, they focused intently on obtaining results rather than how the weather was affecting them. The Texans, on the other hand, were so focused on the cold weather it became their overriding experience of the situation, monopolizing their attention and energy and crippling their capacity to work.

When the Apostle Paul penned these words in Philippians 4:8, exhorting us to meditate on those things which are good etc. -- he was in prison. Yet he clearly had been training himself not to focus on his external circumstances, but on everything good, noble and praiseworthy, and especially the Lord Himself! Paul was no stranger to discomfort or the temptation it brings. But he'd learned well that his inward attitude toward difficult external circumstances could dramatically affect the way he experienced them and also his capacity to function in spite of them. 

Elaine, focus on how bad things are – the trials, temptations, the circumstances that surround you – and you will be crippled by the amount of attention you give to them. Focus on the Lord, His Word, His promises, His deliverance, and everything good He is, has done, and will do, and you will work like an Eskimo in frigid air.

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next