World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Biden Bless/Abortions with cross sign
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyToday at 2:02 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyToday at 2:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyToday at 1:51 pm by Admin

» AISH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyToday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Haggadah Passover
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyYesterday at 10:45 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyYesterday at 10:03 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyYesterday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyYesterday at 8:27 pm by Admin

» BooK of Revelation Various
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyYesterday at 5:00 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:43 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 8:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 7:04 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 37 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Tue 05 Nov 2013, 11:21 am

Elaine, have you experienced catastrophe?

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

The Grand Canyon Park bookstore operated by the National Park Service found itself in the midst of some controversy a few years ago when they were selling a book written by creationists much to the ire of the National Center for Science Education.

The book detailed how the Grand Canyon could have been formed from a “catastrophic” event – acatastrophe such as the flood of Noah’s day. Imagine that, it may have been a catastrophe that created such beauty!

Nearly 2000 years ago, the disciples witnessed a catastrophe -- the crucifixion of our Lord. But the Lord used this tragedy to redeem all mankind. This great catastrophe was turned to ultimate beauty.

Each of us has experienced tragedy in our lives. Inevitably the question arises -- Why? Let’s be encouraged by one of God’s most beautiful masterpieces. The Lord can turn our great catastrophes into great beauty -- into great victory! 

Elaine, let’s turn to the Lord with our catastrophes. He can turn the most difficult tragedy into an incredible work of art!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Currently in Baltimore, Maryland

Special Prayer Request: On Sunday morning, our daughter, Elianna had a seizure that lasted a few minutes just a few hours before we started our speaking tour in the United States. This is the first time, we've seen her have a seizure, so we appreciate your prayers in this situation. 

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking this week in Maryland. You can view our speaking calendar online. It's far from complete, however it should be completed within a week. If you'd like to hear what's going on in Israel from a perspective of those who live and minister there, let us know. We'd love to come and share what God is doing in the Land at your meeting, congregation or conference.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 05 Nov 2013, 11:20 am

Elaine, God only knows! 

Est 4:14b who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

This is a story relayed by Corrie Ten Boom, "It was Christmas, 1944. My sister, Betsie, had died. I was in a hospital barracks in Ravensbruck, a Nazi prison camp. Dark it was in my heart, and darkness was around me. There were Christmas trees in the street between the barracks. Dead bodies of prisoners had been thrown under the Christmas trees. I tried to talk to the people around me about Christmas, but they mocked and sneered. At last I kept quiet.

In the middle of the night I suddenly heard a child crying and calling, "Mommy! Come to Oelie. Oelie feels so alone." I went to her and saw a child not so young, but feebleminded. "Oelie, Mommy cannot come, but do you know who is willing to come to you? Jesus will come." Oelie was lying on a bed next to the window, not far from lack of food, she had a sweet face and beautiful eyes. A bandage of toilet paper covered an incision from surgery on her back. That night I told this poor child about Jesus. How He came into the world as a little baby how He came to save us from our sins. "The Lord Jesus loves Oelie and has borne her punishment on the cross.... Jesus is ... [in heaven] right now. He is getting a little house ready for Oelie." Later I asked her what she remembered of what I had told her. "What is the little house like?" I asked. "It is very beautiful. There are no wicked people as in Ravensbruck only good people and angels. And Oelie will see Jesus there." The child added, "I will ask Jesus to make me brave when I have a pain. I will think of the pain that Jesus suffered to show Oelie the way to heaven." Oelie folded her hands; together we gave thanks. Then I knew why I had to spend this Christmas in Ravensbruck." 

Elaine, often we find ourself in difficult situations or places and we can't for the life of us understand for what possible reason we're here -- but be encouraged! We may not understand but God does! And who knows whether you have come into the kingdom for such a time as this?

Special Praise Report: We took Elianna to the hospital for testing on Sunday. Her Cat-Scan was clean, meaning no tumors etc. praise the Lord! However, her EEG showed a form of epilepsy. We will be working on numerous things to help her and obviously be praying for her complete healing. Please pray for us in this endeavor and for the finances to cover this loss, as we have no health insurance her in the US. 
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 01 Nov 2013, 11:45 am

Elaine, take a break!

Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!

Leonardo da Vinci, who excelled at many things -- as a painter, sculptor, poet, architect, engineer, city planner, scientist, inventor, anatomist, military genius, and philosopher said a wise thing:

"Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgment will be surer, since to remain constantly at work will cause you to lose power of judgment...Go some distance away because then the work appears smaller, and more of it can be taken in at a glance, and lack of harmony or proportion is more readily seen."

Have you found this to be the truth? We have! Any time we step back from a situation or project and take some time away, we undoubtedly gain new perspective and insight about it. Now, I know not all of us can take a week-long vacation at a luxurious resort to take time away from our difficulties, but we can, and must take a retreat with the Lord (which by the way, can be much more restful)! The Word says He makes me to lie down and green pastures -- It doesn't say He'd like us to, if we could try to take some time from our busy schedules -- it says He makes us! 

Elaine, it's time to take a rest from all the things that make us weary today -- ministry work included. Let's take some time out with the Lord and get quiet before Him. He has so many things He wants to reveal, if we would only give Him a chance to show us! He's has so many ways He wants to refresh us and refill our empty places, if we would only be obedient to His call!

Editor's Note: We'll be speaking this Sunday in Ruckersville, VA. You can view our speaking calendar online. It's far from complete, however it should be completed within a week. If you'd like to hear what's going on in Israel from a perspective of those who live and minister there, let us know. We'd love to come and share what God is doing in the Land at your meeting, congregation or conference.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 31 Oct 2013, 4:16 pm

Elaine, what is God's will? 

Romans 12:1,2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

A woman once asked John Wesley what he would do if he knew that he would die at midnight the next day. "Why, Madam," he replied, "just as I intend to spend it now. I would preach this evening at Gloucester, and again at five tomorrow morning, after that I would ride to Tewkesbury, preach in the afternoon, and meet the societies in the evening. I would then go to Martin's house...talk and pray with the family as usual, retire myself to my room at 10 o'clock, commend myself to my Heavenly Father, lie down to rest, and wake up in glory."

So many people wonder what God's will is for their lives. John Wesley seemed to be quite confident that He was already walking in it!

We all need to work on offering our bodies as Living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God and no longer conforming to the pattern of this world but being transformed by the renewing of our minds. THIS, before anything else, is God's will for our lives! THEN, the Word says, we WILL be able to test and approve what His good pleasing and perfect will is! 

Elaine, let's offer our bodies, minds and hearts again to the Lord today and commit ourselves wholeheartedly to His perfect plan for our lives. There is so much work to be done!let's ask the Lord to help us to be wise stewards of all God's gifts to us, that we might not end up being rich on earth and poor with God.

Editor's Note: We'll be in the United States until January. If you'd like to hear what's going on in Israel from a perspective of those who live and minister there, let us know. We'd love to come and share what God is doing in the Land at your meeting, congregation or conference.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 30 Oct 2013, 12:37 pm

Elaine, you're a millionaire!

James 5:16b The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Ever wonder what someone who's never seen the modern world thinks of us approaching a wall, pressing a few buttons and out comes lot's of money? Cash machines -- they're everywhere -- and if you've got cash in your account, you can just go and make a withdrawal!

Imagine having a cash card that you could use to withdraw as much as your heart desires anytime you want -- with no limit.

We, who believe, have a card like that! We have direct access to the riches of God's grace. We have unlimited access to love, mercy, joy and all the good things of the Lord, and we can access it any time, any place and in any circumstance. The strange thing is that we don't use it nearly as much as we could! 

Elaine, we need to tap into God's wonderful bank of unlimited riches today! May the righteous use their spiritual bankcards to withdraw much!

Editor's Note: We'll be in the United States until January. If you'd like to hear what's going on in Israel from a perspective of those who live and minister there, let us know. We'd love to come and share what God is doing in the Land at your meeting, congregation or conference.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 30 Oct 2013, 11:09 am

Elaine, get rich quick!

1 Timothy 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

A sailor was shipwrecked on a desert island and was captured by some of natives. They carried him off on their shoulders to their village, where he was sure he would end up being the main course. But instead, they put a crown on his head and made him king.

He was enjoying all the attention he was receiving but was growing a little suspicious. He started making inquiries and discovered that their custom was to crown a stranger king for a year and then send him to a deserted island where he would to starve to death.

Obviously, this plan did not appeal to the sailor. Since he was the king and the natives obeyed his every order, he ordered them to ship supplies to the island where he would eventually be sent. He had them clear the land and build him a hut and plant enough vegetables and fruits for an adequate garden. When he was finally banned to the deserted island, he lived in abundance.

How are we using the good gifts God has given us? Wealth and authority can be dangerous -- or they can be a blessing. They can be used to destroy and tear down, or to store up good things in heaven. The choice is ours.

Elaine, let's ask the Lord to help us to be wise stewards of all God's gifts to us, that we might not end up being rich on earth and poor with God.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 28 Oct 2013, 10:50 am

Elaine, scatter your enemies! 

Proverbs 16:7 When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

A young reporter approached an old man on his 100th birthday. "Happy birthday, kind Sir! Can I bother you to answer one question? In all your years, of what are you most proud?" he asked.

"Well," said the man, "I don't have a single enemy in the world."

"Really?!" shouted the reporter, "That's just incredible -- how inspiring to us all!"

"Yep," added the centenarian, "outlived every darn one of 'em."

Sadly, each of us has acquired an enemy or two in our lives. While it's our human nature to find fault in others and make an occasional unnecessary enemy, sometimes it has nothing to do with us! I mean, you wouldn't believe the kind of hate mail we get from people we've never met! What can we do to make peace with enemies like those?

"He" is the operating word in the verse above. Did you catch that? He, that is, the Lord, makes even [a man's] enemies be at peace with him. All we have to worry about is making sure that our ways are pleasing to the Lord and He will do the rest!

The word "deh-rech" in Hebrew, is 'way' in the verse above. Derech can also mean journey or path. When our path is straight, and God is the focus of our journey, then our ways will please Him and He will make even our enemies be at peace with us.

Elaine, let's rededicate our lives to the Lord again today and see Him bring the victory. There is so much work to be done!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 26 Oct 2013, 12:37 pm

Elaine, do it with a smile!

Psalms 70:4 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified.

I heard a story once, of a chaplain who was speaking to a loyal soldier in the hospital. "Bless you son, you saved a fellow soldier’s life -- and lost an arm in the great cause doing it," the chaplain said. "No," said the soldier with a smile. "I didn't lose it … I gaveit.

We have so much. The Lord has blessed many of us with good health, the use of our eyes, ears, mouths, hands, feet and minds. He’s given us various talents of sorts. He’s blessed many of us with homes, cars and good paying jobs. Most importantly, He’s bestowed upon us the wonderful knowledge of His Son, Yeshua (Jesus).

We are all soldiers in God’s great army. In the same way this young soldier gave his arm to save a life, we should be offering our gifts toward God’s great cause of salvation for the world. 

Elaine, let's make it a point to start giving consistently of the gifts God has given us, whatever they may be. After all, Yeshua (Jesus) did not lose His life -- He gave itpurposefully for us, no strings attached.

Editor's Note: We've just switched mailing list servers -- though it costs significantly more to the ministry -- but hopefully many of those that had trouble receiving our emails over the past few months will no longer have these issues. Be sure to whitelist our emails to prevent issues with email delivery in the future.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 24 Oct 2013, 10:40 am

Elaine, be an encourager! 

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;  does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;  does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;  bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

A survey asked mothers to keep track of how many times they made both negative and positive comments to their children. The surveyed mothers admitted that they criticized at least ten times for every one time they said something favorable. Another survey taken in one city's schools found that the teachers were negative seventy five per cent of the time. This study concluded that it takes four positive statements to a child from a parent or teacher to offset the effects of one negative statement. Wow, when I think about how many times I've said negative things to people in my lifetime, I have some positive paying back to do!

Many times we justify our criticizing, hurtful words and actions by thinking we're right in a matter. But, in fact, the only one who's all right is the Lord! And He has called us to be the encouragers of the world! We have the gift of God residing within us, and we are ambassadors of the His love. We need to constantly remind ourselves to operate under that love in every circumstance - even the most difficult!

Elaine, when we find ourselves getting ready to criticize, let's strive to stop in our tracks and say something encouraging instead --- not only to the world around us but to ourselves!

Editor's Note: We've just switched mailing list servers -- though it costs significantly more to the ministry -- but hopefully many of those that had trouble receiving our emails over the past few months will no longer have these issues. Be sure to whitelist our emails to prevent issues with email delivery in the future.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:39 pm

Elaine, have you been blind? 

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Although it is fictional, it is meaningful, nonetheless.

There once was a girl who hated herself. You see, she had become blind in her early teens from a rare disease. Not only did she hate herself but she hated everyone else too. She was angry at the world, angry at God, angry at everyone.

There was one person, however, who had known her for years and stood by her side through all this. It was her childhood friend, who loved her ever since grade school. Now in their 20’s, he wanted to marry her.

One day he worked up the nerve to ask her for her hand in marriage. Her reply was that if she could only see the world, she would marry him.

Soon after, someone donated a pair of eyes and she went to surgery to have her malfunctioning ones replaced. It was a miracle. After a few weeks, she took off her bandages and she could see once again. And who was standing by her side, as always? Of course, it was the man who loved her.

"Now that you can see the world", he said, 'Will you marry me?' The girl was shocked to discover that he too was blind, and sadly, still refused his hand in marriage. Undeniably, he was devastated.

Sometime later, she received a letter from him, sharing his undying love for her. He signed it, "Please, my love, just take care of my eyes."

Hmmm. A sweet story. But few of us remember what life was like when we were yet blind to the truth of our salvation in Jesus -- and who to thank for their labor in love and prayer and boldness in sharing that truth with us, no?

Elaine, let's never forget where we came from and those who gave of themselves so willingly for the opening of our eyes. And let’s also strive to be the kind of people who are willing to lay down our life for a friend. 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:38 pm

Elaine, expect great things! 

Psalms 36:5 Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.

Among those in the court of Alexander the Great was a philosopher of outstanding ability but little money. He asked Alexander for financial help and was told to draw whatever he needed from the imperial treasury. But when the man requested an amount equal to $50,000, he was refused -- the treasurer needed to verify that such a large sum was authorized. When he asked Alexander, the ruler replied, "Pay the money at once. The philosopher has done me a singular honor. By the largeness of his request he shows that he has understood both my wealth and generosity."

In the same way we honor the Lord when we come to Him humbly and ask for great things.

Elaine, be encouraged and believe for great things! God has wonderful answers in store!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 22 Oct 2013, 1:41 pm

Elaine, blow wind blow! 

John 3:8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.

Often in the Bible you will see the word wind or breath. The root meaning of these words, both in Hebrew and Greek, is almost always Spirit. It is important to keep in mind that we can never dictate which direction the wind will blow. It would be absurd to think we could! The wind blows as it will. And in the same way, the Spirit of God blows where it wishes. Well if this is so, how can we be filled with the Spirit? Must we jump up and catch it and just hope for the best? No.

We need to be like a windmill. Windmills were designed to be propelled by the wind, no matter which direction it's blowing, in order to generate power. To be empowered by the Holy Spirit, we must do the same. We must be sensitive to which direction He is blowing in order make sure we are getting filled!

Elaine, let's submit ourselves once again to the Spirit of God today! Take heed to which direction the Spirit is blowing and be empowered to do the work He has called us to!! We can do nothing without Him!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 18 Oct 2013, 8:23 pm

Elaine, are you on rocky groun8d? 

Matthew 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

I came across an old legend about three cowboys crossing the desert on horseback by night. Suddenly, as they reached a rocky spot, a voice came from heaven and commanded them: "Friends, pick up some pebbles, put them in your pockets and do not look at them till morning." The men looked at each other in astonishment and began to do as they were told. The voice went on to promise that if they obeyed, they would be both glad and sad. The perplexed men put a few pebbles each in their pockets and went on their way.
As the very first sign of dawn arrived, the cowboys pulled out their pebbles. To their amazement, the ordinary pebbles they had picked up the night before, had all been transformed into diamonds, rubies, and other precious gems. At that moment, they realized the significance of the promise that they would be both glad and sad. They were happy to see their beautiful treasure, but sorry -- oh so sorry -- that they had not collected more.

All of us were once ordinary looking pebbles -- shabby, discolored pebbles among many others of the like -- seemingly nothing special. But we were so mercifully picked out of the dust and gently placed for safekeeping into the pocket of the faithful saints who loved us or prayed for us or shared the Gospel with us and took us along on their journey. And God continues to refine us that we would become precious gems when morning comes. Thank God for His great mercy! 

Elaine, it is yet dark -- and the pebbles are many. We still have a little more time to pocket as many as we can. But morning is drawing near! We don't want to regret that we didn't get more!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 17 Oct 2013, 8:41 am

Elaine, where's the fruit?

Matthew 13:23 But he who received seed on the good soil is he who hears the word, and understandes it; who indeeds bears fruit and brings forth: some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

If you keep a grain of wheat in your pocket, it will look exactly the same ten years from now. But place it in the right environment -- some good ground, enough water -- it will sprout into a living sheaf of grain!

Every kind of life requires its particular corresponding environment in order to achieve its full and predestined potential. It's no different with the seeds of the fruit of the Spirit in our hearts!

God has readily made available to us the seeds of success. He gives us the opportunity to live a life of much fruit! A life abounding in the fruits of love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith and self-control.

But here they are -- just seeds -- sitting in our pocket -- waiting 'til we decide to plant them and allow them to become trees of plenty in our lives.

Elaine, is your soil is fertile and ready? Let's plant some seeds today and invite the Lord to water and nourish them so that we can produce fruit one-hundred fold for the Kingdom.

Editor's Note: We've just switched mailing list servers -- though it costs significantly more to the ministry -- but hopefully many of those that had trouble receiving our emails over the past few months will no longer have these issues. Be sure to whitelist our emails to prevent issues with email delivery in the future.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 16 Oct 2013, 10:15 am

Elaine, go down!

Matthew 23:11-12 But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whoever exalts himself shall be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

Yeshua (Jesus) began His earthly ministry by being baptized in the Jordan river. The word Jordan in Hebrew is "Yarden" and its root is "yarad". It literally means to descend, which would make sense being that the Jordan descends more than any river on earth.

If we truly want to walk in the fullness of the Lord, we have to follow the example that Jesus set before us. Jesus descended from Heaven, He descended from glory, was baptized in the Jordan and fulfilled the calling that the Father bestowed upon Him by being our perfect sacrifice on Calvary. Jesus totally and completely surrendered Himself to do His Father's will.

We too must descend and surrender all that we are and all we have been given. We must truly give our lives, not for our own glory, but for His. Until we do that, we'll never be able to see all the blessings and opportunities the Lord has prepared for us since the foundation of the world.

Elaine, let's learn a lesson from the Yarden today. When we descend, we'll be lifted up! We'll see the blessings freely flow from a Heavenly source which will never run dry!

Editor's Note: We've just switched mailing list servers -- though it costs significantly more to the ministry -- but hopefully many of those that had trouble receiving our emails over the past few months will no longer have these issues. Be sure to whitelist our emails to prevent issues with email delivery in the future.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 15 Oct 2013, 11:36 pm

Elaine, raise your expectations!

Mark 11:24 Therefore I say to you, Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them.

Charles Spurgeon wrote "Prayer pulls the rope below and the great bell rings above in the ears of God. Some scarcely stir the bell, for they pray so languidly. Others give but an occasional pluck at the rope. But he who wins with heaven is the man who grasps the rope boldly and pulls continuously, with all his might."

Some might take this to mean that we need to beg and plead desperately for God to answer our prayers. I don't think so.

I believe that we must pray, expecting for God to bring the answer and do the work because, among many other reasons, He is faithful, just and loves us with an everlasting love!

Elaine, raise your expectations today! Expect God to do something great and we'll believe along with you to see mighty breakthroughs!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 14 Oct 2013, 8:23 pm

Elaine, life awaits us

Philippians 3:13-14 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

There are two kinds of birds that roam the desert: vultures and hummingbirds. The vulture thrives on a diet of rotting meat. He flies overhead searching for traces of leftover carcasses from slow-footed critters eaten by wild animals who’ve already had their fill.

Hummingbirds, on the other hand, will sweep through the desert, passing over all those repulsive, dead animals and seek colorful patches of beautiful wild desert flowers. They will suckle the delicious juices of those sweet desert blossoms and be satisfied.

While vultures look to the dead for their survival, the hummingbird seeks the living! Likewise, some of us unconsciously look to our past with its regrets, failures and sins to keep us alive. We think that somehow by looking back to those dead things, we might find some motivation to keep surviving here and now. But let’s take a lesson from the hummingbird.

Elaine, let's sweep past that which is dead and focus on the sweet new life -- the exciting future that God holds for us as we continue seeking Him and moving forward in our relationship with Him!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 12 Oct 2013, 1:17 pm

Elaine, have you taken your vitamin today?

Psalms 119:103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Recently, my wife and I have had a renewed sense of the need to take vitamins for our health. As I was pondering vitamins, it dawned on me how taking vitamins is like a mature approach to reading the Word of God. When I first became a believer, I remember reading each passage and it was like a bolt of lightening each time I read it! As I've grown in the Lord, reading His word, I still get an occasional bolt, but now it's more like taking vitamins. What am I saying here?

Well, why do we take vitamins? We take them for long-term benefit to our physical health. Taking a vitamin pill will not produce a sudden burst of adrenaline or bolt of energy, but over time, taken regularly, vitamins will strengthen our immune system and improve our general health and well-being!

Elaine, take your daily dose of God's Word, and you will find that the long term effects of regularly digesting scripture will promote your spiritual health and well-being. Though it may not be like a bolt of lightening every time you sit down --you can be certain it will boost your immunity to the fiery darts of doubt, disbelief, and deception! As the scripture says, "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God!" So by all means, take your "vitamins" today. Don't you know, there's so much work to be done!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 06 Oct 2013, 10:05 pm

Elaine, just wait! 

Exodus 24:15-18 Then Moses went up into the mountain, and a cloud covered the mountain. The glory of the LORD abode on Mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days; and on the seventh day He call to Moses out of the midst of the cloud. The sight of the glory of the LORD was like a consuming fire on the top of the mountain in the eyes of the children of Israel. And Moses went into the midst of the cloud as he went up into the mountain; and Moses was on the mountain forty days and forty nights.

Patience is one of those things… so hard to learn it… so hard to practice it faithfully in our daily walk. It’s one of of those things I truly wish we didn’t have to learn -- but God requires it of us! As I was reading through this passage again in Exodus, it dawned on me that Moses sat on the mountain for six entire days before the Lord spoke to him. He had to patiently wait for the Lord for six days!

So often we think we can just do as we please with our lives and then come running to God for a few minutes of prayer and get an answer right away but I don’t believe it is always that simple. Even Moses needed to be prepared for six full days in order to be able experience the awesome presence of the Lord! If Moses had to wait six days – then it should not surprise us if we need to wait 60 days, 60 months or even 60 years for the Lord to prepare us to receive His blessing!

The funny thing is as I'm writing this devotional, my daughter is clinging to me, insisting "Abba, hold me! Hold me now!" And I'm saying to her, "Elianna, just wait a couple minutes and let me finish writing this devotional and I will give you a treat!"

Hmmm… perhaps the Lord is saying to us today -- Be patient my child, if you wait on me I will give you a treat! 

Elaine, be encouraged! The Lord is preparing us for great things. Spend more time seeking Him and worshipping Him. Keep waiting at His feet. He will meet us! There's so much work to be done.

Negev Desert, Israel 

Editor's Note: We will be arriving in the United States in early October and staying through January. If you'd like to hear what's going on in Israel from a perspective of those who live and minister there, let us know. We'd love to come and share what God is doing in the Land at your meeting, congregation or conference.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 Oct 2013, 11:27 am

Elaine, meet your enemy! 

1 Chron. 14:8, 10 And when the Philistines heard that David had been anointed king over all Israel, all the Philistines went up to seek David. And David heard of it, and went out against them. And David inquired of God, saying, "Shall I go up against the Philistines? and will You deliver them into my hand?" And the LORD said to him, "Go up; for I will deliver them into your hand."

Doesn't it seem like just when we get that much needed breakthrough, suddenly the enemy comes to attack? In this passage we read how the Philistines heard that David was anointed King and quickly assembled together to seek and destroy him. And what does David do? Does he become fearful? No. Does he hide? No! David goes out to meet them! And God delivered the enemy into his hand. We must be aware that the enemy of our souls goes forth as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. As believers in the Lord, we have been anointed as kings and priests of the Most High, with even a greater anointing than David! And He has called us to depend on Him for the victory in all our battles!

We need to get ourselves prepared. We need to get our spiritual armor on for the battle ahead. 

Elaine, you may be in a situation where it seems the enemy is attacking from every side -- but fear not! The Lord wants to deliver the enemy into our hands! We simply need to go out to meet them and watch the Lord gain the victory!

Negev Desert, Israel 

Editor's Note: We will be arriving in the United States in early October and staying through January. If you'd like to hear what's going on in Israel from a perspective of those who live and minister there, let us know. We'd love to come and share what God is doing in the Land at your meeting, congregation or conference.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 30 Sep 2013, 8:20 pm

Elaine, put your faith into action!

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Throughout the Bible, the faith of the saints was never something passive -- but rather a faith of action.

If Abraham never acted on His faith, He would never have departed to the "land of milk and honey" or birthed a new nation. If Moses never acted on His faith, He would never have led the children of Israel out of Egypt. If David never acted on His faith, He would never have defeated Goliath.

The Bible is filled with stories of saints whose faith was put into action -- action which God met with His own supernatural power to produce wonderful, miraculous and astounding results. God is a rewarder of faith!

Elaine, put your faith into action today and let your actions be fueled by your faith -- and perhaps, this will be a new day of miracles, breakthroughs, and victory ... for a life of faith -- is a life of victory!

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 28 Sep 2013, 6:13 pm

Elaine, see the power of God in Sukkot!

2 Chronicles 7:10-14 On the twenty-third day of the seventh month he sent the people away to their tents, joyful and glad of heart for the good that the LORD had done for David, and to Solomon, and for His people Israel. And Solomon finished the house of the LORD and the King's palace, and Solomon successfully completed all that came into his heart to make in the house of the LORD and in his own palace, he has caused to prosper. And the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said to him, "I have heard your prayer, and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice. If I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, if My people, which are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Roughly 3000 years ago during this month, King Solomon dedicated the Temple he had built for the Lord. So it was in the Hebrew month of Tishrei, the month of the fall feasts of Israel, that the presence of the Lord fell and the glory of God was displayed in the Temple.

Last night marked the closing of this final feast, but its occurrence 3000 years ago is also significantly highlighted -- by a visitation from God -- to King Solomon.

You see, it was on this night, after the feast of Sukkot was over, that God appeared to Solomon by night, and said, “If my people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

Yes, God gave us here an eternal promise with a set of conditions; one which is quoted by everyone who seeks revival for his nation.

Elaine, let's take God at His Word and turn this "IF" into an "I WILL"...humble myself, and pray, and seek Your face, and repent of my wicked ways...and thank you for answering from heaven, and forgiving my sin, and Praise You for healing our land!

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 Sep 2013, 7:48 am

Elaine, rejoice -- the celebration awaits us!

Zechariah 14:16-17 And it shall come to pass that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. And it shall be, that whichever of the families of the earth does not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, there will be no rain on them.

The God-ordained Feast of Tabernacles is a prophetic feast, and one which will be kept by all the people of the world in the coming age. In resurrected bodies, we will be celebrating this feast, year to year in Jerusalem during the millennial reign of Yeshua (Jesus)! Can you imagine it -- celebrating with the King of Kings! If that's not something to anticipate, I'm not sure what is!

Right now, there's quite a bit of turmoil in the world, which is producing a level of uncertainty and anxiety that I've not witnessed as a believer. Yet despite all of these scary situations, we have something wonderful to look forward to -- and if you're like me, you can't wait!

Elaine, don't let the times we’re living in control your life; instead, use these turbulent times as an opportunity to display the goodness and grace of God in your life! As Yeshua (Jesus) said, when you see these things begin to take place -- lift your heads high because your redemption draws near!

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 Sep 2013, 7:23 am

Elaine, rejoice -- the celebration awaits us!

Zechariah 14:16-17 And it shall come to pass that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. And it shall be, that whichever of the families of the earth does not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, there will be no rain on them.

The God-ordained Feast of Tabernacles is a prophetic feast, and one which will be kept by all the people of the world in the coming age. In resurrected bodies, we will be celebrating this feast, year to year in Jerusalem during the millennial reign of Yeshua (Jesus)! Can you imagine it -- celebrating with the King of Kings! If that's not something to anticipate, I'm not sure what is!

Right now, there's quite a bit of turmoil in the world, which is producing a level of uncertainty and anxiety that I've not witnessed as a believer. Yet despite all of these scary situations, we have something wonderful to look forward to -- and if you're like me, you can't wait!

Elaine, don't let the times we’re living in control your life; instead, use these turbulent times as an opportunity to display the goodness and grace of God in your life! As Yeshua (Jesus) said, when you see these things begin to take place -- lift your heads high because your redemption draws near!

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Sep 2013, 11:53 am

Elaine, enter in!

Psalms 105:3 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.

As we close out the fall feasts here in Israel I’m meditating on the deeper significance of this season. I’m realizing how God’s ordering of the festivals contains a deeper meaning than one might see at first glance. It’s not just about apples and honey and building tabernacles. The Lord gave the Jewish people these feasts as a beautiful picture of His ultimate plan; repentance, faith, atonement, forgiveness and joy. He carefully ordered these feasts to call us to a profound internal reflection designed to lead us from sin and alienation to reconciliation, fellowship, freedom and great joy.

Beginning with Rosh HaShannah and the days immediately following, (commonly called the Days of Awe) we are invited to a season of deep self examination and repentance, culminating at Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement). This highest holy day reveals the way in which God forgives our sins through the offering of a spotless lamb, which lays the foundation for the joy of reconciliation with God and one another experienced at Sukkot.

As we can see, this entire sequence is a precise picture of the Lord’s New Covenant redemptive plan. We cannot enter the joy of the Lord except through repentance, faith and redemption through His Son.

Elaine, enter the joy of the Lord! Let’s examine ourselves today, confess our sins, trust in the absolute forgiveness of God through faith in His Son -- and REJOICE!!!

Negev Desert, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next