World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Gatestone Institute
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 11:17 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 11:13 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 11:11 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 10:59 pm by Admin

»  Israel's Eurovision song Hurricane.
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 10:16 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 9:36 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 12:17 am by Admin

» THE BLAZE
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 12:14 am by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 12:11 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 12:02 am by Admin

» israelAM
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:35 pm by Admin

» Sign Petition Against Antisemitism
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:26 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:20 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:17 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 5:45 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 10:38 pm by Admin

» AISH
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 9:55 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 9:37 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 9:31 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 12 Empty Re: KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING

Post  Admin Thu 17 Sep 2020, 9:25 pm

[size=40]Our First Duty[/size]

Tell your children of it,
and let your children tell their children,
and their children to another generation.

Joel 1:3

In this simple way, by God's grace, a living testimony for truth is always to be kept alive in the land: The beloved of the Lord are to hand down their witness for the Gospel and the covenant to their heirs, and these again to their next descendants. This is our first duty; we are to begin at the family hearth: He is a bad preacher who does not commence his ministry at home. The heathen are to be sought by all means, and the highways and hedges are to be searched, but home has a prior claim, and woe to those who reverse the order of the Lord's arrangements.
To teach our children is a personal duty; we cannot delegate it to Sunday school teachers or other friendly helpers. These can assist us but cannot deliver us from the sacred obligation; substitutes and sponsors are wicked devices in this case: Mothers and fathers must, like Abraham, command their households in the fear of God and talk with their offspring concerning the wondrous works of the Most High.
Parental teaching is a natural duty. Who is better fitted to look after the child's well-being than those who are the authors of his actual being? To neglect the instruction of our children is worse than brutish. Family religion is necessary for the nation, for the family itself, and for the church of God. By a thousand plots empty religion is secretly advancing in our land, and one of the most effectual means for resisting its inroads is routinely neglected—namely, the instruction of our children in the faith. It is time for parents to awaken to a sense of the importance of this matter. It is a pleasant duty to talk of Jesus to our sons and daughters, and the more so because it has often proved to be an accepted work, for God has saved the children through the parents' prayers and admonitions. May every house into which this volume shall come honor the Lord and receive His smile.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 17 Sep 2020, 9:23 pm

Guest Devotion

Dr Kenny Mcclinton

Traps, Tears & Pits[size=16]                                      Psalm 57:6[/size]
Text: “They have prepared a net for my steps; my soul is bowed down: they have digged a pit before me, into the midst whereof they are fallen themselves.”
[size=16]                                                                                                                               Psalm 57:6.[/size]
Good morning, militant Christian!  For you, and for me, it is not enough that we have been graciously saved by the Lord Jesus Christ, and completely redeemed by the shedding of His own precious Blood – you and I have been saved to militantly SERVE the risen Lord. 
It is, therefore, not enough for us to just sit idly by until death takes us Home to be with Him; we believe we have been saved in order to serve Christ in the preaching/teaching of His glorious Gospel message of Eternal Salvation; to be militant instruments in awaking the elect from sin’s grasp, that they too might seek to serve the Lord Who has saved us.
Dictionary Definition:  Militant – (adjective) fighting, engaged in warfare; actively contending; combative; ...strenuously active in support of a particular cause.  (The Chambers Dictionary, page 1019)
Militant Christians are thus clearly seen to be engaged in warfare – in our case, Spiritual warfare against sin and all evil.  We are actively contending – ‘... earnestly contending for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints...’  (Jude 3)  Militant Christians like thee and me, are combative in the sense of willing to wrestle against all instances of false doctrine, and religious error.  We must be strenuously active in supporting the cause of King Jesus Christ, and Him Crucified for the sins of ‘His people’. 
These are the traits of Christian faith I hereby define as militant, Bible-believing, born again, Christianity – and I openly contend in this lesson that this brand of true Christianity is the only genuine way to live, suffer, and often die in the service of the Living Lord Jesus Christ.  There can be NO SECRET, SILENT, CHRISTIANS!
“Thou therefore endure hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.  No man (woman) that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he/she may please Him Who hath chosen him/her to be a soldier.”  (2 Timothy 2:3-4)
The apostle Paul, just prior to his martyrdom under the Roman Caesars, declared his victory as a militant Christian: “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing.” [size=16]         (2 Timothy 4:7-8)[/size]
Now let me point out what should be most obvious to each genuine Christian today – in this increasingly apostate and ‘lukewarm’ Laodicean’ church age: IF “...faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God...’, how then are God’s elect souls going to ever be quickened with faith to believe and receive Christ’s Salvation, if you and I are silent reference our witness for Christ? Again I say, there are NO SECRET, PRIVATE, SILENT, CHRISTIANS!

[size=16]All that glitters in not gold – often it’s just plain YELLOW!

[/size]
“I’m not ashamed to own my Lord, nor to defend His cause; maintain the honour of His Word, the glory of His Cross!”  (Hymn often sung with the mouth, yet unpractised by the heart of professing Christians.)
Verse 6.  “They have prepared a net for my steps. The militant Christian is, at all times, under the microscope of the world, the flesh, and the Devil.  ‘Cardboard Christians’ have nothing to fear from such ruthless foes, the Devil and the world leave them alone in their Spiritual cowardice, since they are doing Satan’s kingdom no harm at all.  It is the militant Christian who is the focus of Hell and Hell’s children in the world – many traps/nets/snares are set for the feet of those in active service to King Jesus Christ.
“...For we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.  We are fools for Christ’s sake,...we are weak...we are despised.  Even unto this present hour we doth hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwelling place; and labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: being defamed, we intreat (pray): we are made the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.”  (1 Corinthians 4:9-13)
I wonder: How many of the ‘right, right, right reverends’ in professing Christianity today are treated, or live, like the apostle Paul did in the early days of Christ’s church?
Verse 6.  “My soul is bowed down.  Militant Christian souls are frequently ‘bowed down’ – bowed down in affliction, grief, frustration, as the enemies of Christ and the Gospel seek to, untiringly, hinder our labours for the Lord Jesus Christ.  Yet, we are also more frequently ‘bowed down’ in militant prayer to the Almighty Lord God, for His help against all foes.  Hallelujah!  We are more than conquerors through Him who hears our prayers and helps us.
Verse 6. “They have digged a pit before me.  I do not believe that unsaved mankind would have the cunning, nor the relentlessness required to continually seek to hinder and thwart Christians in our service to the Lord God.  No.  I sincerely believe that such hinderers, constant opponents of holiness Bible standards; are mere putty in the malignant hands of Satan and his vile kingdom of evil angels. Many are the ‘pits’ dug to trap genuine Christ-serving Christians, but the Lord guides our feet in His paths of safety and peace.
“For a just man (justified man/woman) falleth (falls, and continues to fall) seven times (the perfect number of falls), and riseth (rises, and continues to rise up) again: BUT THE WICKED SHALL FALL INTO MISCHIEF.”  (Proverbs 24:16)
Verse 6.  “...Into the midst whereof they are fallen themselves.  The Devil and his wicked servants in this world, make traps which cause true Christians tears, as we often fall into the Satanic pits dug for our harm.  Yet, be God’s Sovereign grace and power, we always rise back up out of danger, and continue on ‘...contending for the faith once delivered unto the saints.'  Furthermore, those hindering, and persecuting true Bible-believing Christians ALWAYS seem to end up in the pits, and suffering the hindrances and pains with which they sought to harm God’s servants.  God is not mocked.  He always avenges ‘His people’.
“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” (Galatians 6:7)

Thought:  We cannot be ‘servants of Christ’, without openly, and actively serving Him!  The Lord God only provides armour for Bible-believing soldiers who contend.
[size]

Ulster Christians
www.ulsterchristians.org

[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 16 Sep 2020, 9:25 pm

[size=21][size=21]Nehemiah 2:11-20[/size][/size]
No matter what our position in life may be, we all at times encounter disappointment—and that can quickly lead to discouragement. Disappointment is simply an emotional response to a failed expectation or hope, whether because plans went awry or someone didn’t measure up.  But discouragement is a state of mind in which we become faint-hearted and lose confidence in God, ourselves, or others.
When Nehemiah arrived in Jerusalem, its inhabitants were discouraged—the city wall had been destroyed, leaving them vulnerable to their enemies, and there were significant hindrances to rebuilding. But he encouraged them to start, explaining that the Lord had shown him favor by moving the Persian king’s heart to approve the project. Nehemiah’s confidence in God replaced the people’s despair and lethargy with the hope of success and motivation to work diligently.
We have a choice: Either settle into disappointment and accept our discouragement or—like Nehemiah—focus on the Lord, who is greater than any problem facing us. Although obstacles and disappointments may remain, God’s Word shifts our hope to His promises, good purposes, proven faithfulness, and sufficiency ([size=21]Rom. 15:4). With His strength, we can persevere.[/size]
[size=31]Pouring Out the Water of Satisfaction[/size]
He would not drink it, but poured it out to the Lord..  2 SAMUEL 23:16
What has been like “water from the well of Bethlehem” to you recently— love, friendship, or maybe some spiritual blessing (2 Samuel 23:16)? Have you taken whatever it may be, even at the risk of damaging your own soul, simply to satisfy yourself? If you have, then you cannot pour it out “to the Lord.” You can never set apart for God something that you desire for yourself to achieve your own satisfaction. If you try to satisfy yourself with a blessing from God, it will corrupt you.. You must sacrifice it, pouring it out to God— something that your common sense says is an absurd waste.
How can I pour out “to the Lord” natural love and spiritual blessings? There is only one way— I must make a determination in my mind to do so. There are certain things other people do that could never be received by someone who does not know God, because it is humanly impossible to repay them. As soon as I realize that something is too wonderful for me, that I am not worthy to receive it, and that it is not meant for a human being at all, I must pour it out “to the Lord.” Then these very things that have come to me will be poured out as “rivers of living water” all around me (John 7:38). And until I pour these things out to God, they actually endanger those I love, as well as myself, because they will be turned into lust. Yes, we can be lustful in things that are not sordid and vile. Even love must be transformed by being poured out “to the Lord.”
If you have become bitter and sour, it is because when God gave you a blessing you hoarded it. Yet if you had poured it out to Him, you would have been the sweetest person on earth. If you are always keeping blessings to yourself and never learning to pour out anything “to the Lord,” other people will never have their vision of God expanded through you. From My Utmost for His Highest Updated Edition
Bible in One Year: Psalms 140-142; 1 Corinthians 14:1-20
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 15 Sep 2020, 11:51 pm

Guest Devotion

[size=19][size=19]                The Goal of ‘Early Seekers’                              Psalm 63:2-3[/size][/size]
[size=14]                                                                            Dr C.K. McClinton[/size]
[size=19]Text: “To see Thy power and Thy glory, so as I have seen Thee in the sanctuary.”[/size]
[size=19][size=19]                                                                                                                              Psalm 63:2.[/size][/size]
[size=19]          “For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.  No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him.”[/size]
[size=19][size=19]                                                                                                                           John 1:17-18.[/size][/size]
[size=19]Good morning, God-seeing Christian!  No man can look upon the face of the Almighty Lord God Jehovah and live! WHY is this so?  Because the Lord God Almighty is an absolutely Holy Lord God, Creator of all things, and sin cannot survive in His Holy Presence.  I liken it to a human being walking into the range of an atomic reactor without a lead/protective suit to shield him/her from the deadly atomic rays.  Such a person would disintegrate immediately, instantly be vaporised by the powerful radiance of atomic fission.[/size]
[size=19]Likewise, sinners cannot abide in the Presence of Almighty Lord God, without the God-given ‘covering’ of the precious Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ – God in bodily form.  Praise and all glory to His gracious Name![/size]
[size=19]“Blessed (blessed with all blessings) is he/she whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin iscovered.”  (Psalm 32:1)[/size]
[size=19]In the Book of Exodus, we have the account of Moses seeking to see God’s face, and the answer the Lord God gave him – and gives us by this account.[/size]
[size=19]As an assurance, Moses asked the Lord: “And he (Moses) said, I beseech Thee, show me Thy glory.” (Exodus 33:18)[/size]
[size=19]“And He (the Lord) said, Thou canst not see My face: for there shall no man see Me, and live.  And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by Me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock (Christ Jesus?): and it shall come to pass, while My glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and will cover thee with My hand while I pass by: and I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see My back parts: but my face shall not be seen.” (Exodus 33:20-23)[/size]
[size=19]“He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden underfoot the Son of God, and hath counted the Blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?  For we know Him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto Me, I will recompense, saith the Lord.  And again, The Lord shall judge His people. It is a fearful (terrible) thing to fall into the hands of the Living God.”  (Hebrews 10:28-31)[/size]
[size=19]Without the covering of the precious sinless, and shed, Blood of Christ Jesus – “…Our God is a consuming fire.”  (Hebrews 12:29)[/size]
[size=19]Therefore, you and I, born again, Bible-believing Christians, can indeed come into the Lord God’s Holy Presence – to worship and adore Him, to praise Him with thanksgiving; and to petition Him for our needs and the needs of others, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  What a privilege to be a ‘God-seeing Christian’!  Hallelujah!  Thanks be to God![/size]
[size=19]Verse 2.  “To see Thy power and Thy glory, so as I have seen Thee in the sanctuary.  Our misery is that we thirst so little for these sublime things and so much for the mocking trifles of time and sense.  The sight of God was enough for David, but nothing short of that would content him.”  (C.H. Spurgeon, Treasury of David, page 274)[/size]
[size=19]The goal of early-seeking Christians is to constantly see the power and glory of the Lord God Who has quickened us to believe and receive Christ’s great Eternal Salvation, and to worship and adore Him in all His Divine Holiness.[/size]
[size=19]We do this, of course, by His Sovereign grace alone, it is an utter God-given privilege, and must never be taken for granted for a moment by all we who believe.  We must seek to enter God’s Holy Presence with the correct attitude of reverence and awe, for we are approaching a Lord God Who is a ‘…consuming fire…’ to all who harbour sin on our hearts and minds.[/size]
[size=19]“It is, or should be, the desire of every Christian to see and enjoy more and more of the glory of God.  A view of the Divine glory crucifies our lusts and puts the corruptions of our heart to death.” (John Angell James1785-1859)[/size]
[size=19]When Moses, in the chapters in Exodus previously referred, was blessed with a glimpse of the Lord God’s hinder parts from the cleft in the rock – God’s glory was etched upon Moses’ face for a time following.  So much so that Moses had to wear a face-covering to conceal the Holy glow from the tribes of Israel – in case it frightened them.[/size]
[size=19]“And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold (look and fully understand) the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid of him.”  (Exodus 34:30)[/size]
[size=19]“And till Moses had done speaking with them, he put a vail on his face.”  (Exodus 34:33)[/size]
[size=19]When we spend quality time in the Presence of the Living Lord God Jehovah – in prayer, in fellowship with Him, in praising Him, and worshipping Him from our hearts – the Divine glow of Spiritual health and strength is easily noticed by others.  Our light is clear for all observers to see that we belong to Christ Jesus.[/size]
[size=19]“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven.”  (Matthew 5:16)[/size]
[size=19]When you and I rise each morning, our first thought should be the Lord God, and the joy of being able to come into His Holy Presence, hidden and clothed in Christ Jesus.[/size]
[size=19]It is the daily goal of early-seekers to see God, to hear what God has to say concerning the new day; to spend some time in His Word, and thereby, in His Holy Presence; to receive our Spirit-given instructions on how to go about our day.  Doing so, our faces will shine with the reflection of His Holiness, graciousness, and love.  We should be Christ-reflectors to others.[/size]
[size=19]Verse 3. “Because Thy lovingkindness is better than life. To dwell with God is better than life at its best; life at ease, in a palace, in health, in honour, in wealth, in pleasure; yea, a thousand lives are not equal to the Eternal life which abides in Jehovah’s smile.” [size=19]          (C.H. Spurgeon, Treasury of David, page 275)[/size][/size]
[size=19]“Divine favour is better than life; yea, it is better than many lives put together…No man sets so high a price upon the sun as he that hath long lain in a dark dungeon.” (Thomas Brooks 1608-1680)[/size]
[size=19]Thought: Those that seek God early, see His power and glory, and shine in the light of Jesus, and into the lives of sinners still living in the darkness of their sins.[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 15 Sep 2020, 1:44 am

[size=40]This Man[/size]

This man receives sinners.
Luke 15:2

Observe the condescension of this fact. Jesus, holy, harmless, undefiled, and separate from sinners, who towers above all other men—this Man receives sinners. This Man, who is no other than the eternal God, before whom angels veil their faces—this Man receives sinners. It requires an angel's tongue to describe such a mighty stoop of love. That any of us would be willing to reach the lost is nothing wonderful—they are, after all, our own race; but that He, the offended God, against whom the transgression has been committed, should take upon Himself the form of a servant and bear the sin of many and be willing to receive the worst of sinners—this is marvelous.
“This man receives sinners”; not in order for them to remain sinners, but He receives them in order that He may pardon their sins, justify their persons, cleanse their hearts by His purifying word, preserve their souls by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, and enable them to serve Him, show forth His praise, and have communion with Him. Into His heart's love He receives sinners; He takes them from the refuse pile and wears them as jewels in His crown; He snatches them like branches from the fire and preserves them as costly monuments to His mercy. None are so precious in Jesus' sight as the sinners for whom He died.
When Jesus receives sinners, He does not have an outdoor reception, no public square where He charitably entertains them in the way men treat passing beggars, but He opens the golden gates of His royal heart and receives the sinner right into Himself. He admits the humble penitent into personal union and makes Him a member of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones. There was never such a reception as this! This fact is certain. Even this evening, He is still receiving sinners: It is our prayer that sinners will receive Him.

SURFING WITH JESUS

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

Blessed with Family

I was just thinking that on September 10 2001 about my son’s birthday. Our family looks forward to family time on our birthday with a meal and a cake or other treats. We look forward to celebrating it and being thankful for all the blessings of God. Little did I know our Nation was about to be hit with such evil.
Once again this September 10 2020 we look forward to being blessed with my son’s birthday. Now on September 11 each year we also remember how our Nation suffered such a devastating tragedy.
Over this past 19 years my son has blessed us with his talents as he uses them for God, he has had some good times and bad times with his health but he always lifts the name of Jesus up.
Life is full of challenges and I’m so proud of how he continues to address them with the light he shows to others. Lord I thank you for giving him continuous love for his family and the people he serves so well. Thank you for blessing us each day to be able to arise and go about your will.
This past week Gene Jr. & Tina watched their son Christopher begin a journey, marrying his future bride Sarah with her 2 children making them a family that loves God. Lord, grant them wisdom as they walk in the light you place on their path. May we be there for them as they grow as a family.
Tina you have been such a wonderful wife and mother to Tiffany and Christopher I thank you so much for your labor of love taking care of Gene’s needs. On this another birthday God I want to thank you and ask you to continually bless him.
And God continue to bless the USA too. We need your direction as a Nation without you we will not last. Protect all our leaders and especially President Trump.
REMEMBER “If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9. Join

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 13 Sep 2020, 10:01 pm

More GREAT QUOTES
-Sermonindex.net

"Our murmuring is the devil's music." - Thomas Watson

"If you don't plan to live the Christian life totally committed to
knowing your God and to walking in obedience to Him, then don't 
begin; for this is what Christianity is all about. It is a change of
citizenship, a change of governments, a change of allegience. If 
you have no intention of letting Christ rule your life, then forget
Christianity; it's not for you." - K. Arthur

"No sort of defense is needed for preaching outdoors, but it would
take a very strong argument to prove that a man who has never 
preached beyond the walls of his meetinghouse has done his duty. 
A defense is required for services within buildings rather than for 
worship outside of them." - William Booth

"One hundred religious persons knit into a unity by careful
organization do no constitute a church any more than eleven dead 
men make a football team. The first requisite is life, always."
- A. W. Tozer

"It is God's way to let ministers try all their strength first, and
then He Himself comes and subdues the hearts they cannot."
- Jonathan Edwards

"A man full of hope will be full of action." - Thomas Brooks

"We have the truth and we need not be afraid to say so."
- J.C. Ryle

"Finney preached, and sometimes the whole congregation would 
get up and leave! That's good preaching." - Leonard Ravenhill

[size=48]My Manna

"But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be . . . lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God." 2 Timothy 3:1–2,4.

Has there ever been a more pleasure-mad culture than ours today?

It seems that we can't be entertained enough.

We have continuous media coming our way with constant imagery and sounds, all things that are supposed to bring us pleasure.

In fact, some people would say:
"For me, life means living for pleasure. You know, it's all about having a good time. It's all about the weekend. It's all about the next party. It's all about the next thrill in life."

That philosophy is nothing new.

The apostle Paul's contemporary, the emperor Nero, believed that the purpose of life was to live as an unbridled beast in pleasure, passion, and parties.
And that is exactly how he lived.

There also was a Greek philosophical group at that time who called themselves the Epicureans.

Basically, these were people who lived for pleasure.
And we still have people like this today.

In fact, the Bible tells us that one of the signs of the last days is that people will be "lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God." 2 Timothy 3:4.

What a waste to live this way-
- because the Bible says that "she who lives in pleasure is dead while she lives." 1 Timothy 5:6.

The apostle Paul said-
"For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain." Philippians 1:21.

Living for your own pleasure is the least pleasurable thing a man can do.

If his neighbours don't kill him in disgust he will die slowly of boredom and powerlessness."

What do you live for?
What gets your blood pumping?
What would you say is the greatest passion of your life?

Only the person who can say-
"To live is Christ" can also say,
"To die is gain."

[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 12 Sep 2020, 11:08 pm

Colossians 3:22-25

Workplace conversations often revolve around achievements, recognition and advancement—as well as the energy people put into reaching these goals. Although the culture values a spirit of competition and the drive it takes to win accolades, these are not the qualities by which the Lord evaluates our work.

God calls His children to a different way of thinking and working—one that marks us as belonging to Him. It is called servanthood, and it is the Lord Jesus Christ whom we serve. However, we do so by selflessly serving others, whether they appreciate us or not.

Christ Himself is our model. He left the glories of heaven, took on human flesh, and humbled Himself to become an obedient bond-servant to His heavenly Father, even to the point of dying on the cross. As those who belong to Him, we are to imitate His humble obedience to the Father (Phil. 2:3-8).

Whatever job we may have, we should remember that we’re accountable to the Father for our attitude and diligence. He is pleased when our focus is to “work heartily, as for the Lord” (Col. 3:23) and to benefit others. With that servant-like approach, we’ll place less importance on ourselves and more on the people around us, who are likely to sense a reflection of Christ in our actions.

His!

They were Yours, You gave them to Me…  JOHN 17:6

A missionary is someone in whom the Holy Spirit has brought about this realization: “You are not your own” (1 Corinthians 6:19). To say, “I am not my own,” is to have reached a high point in my spiritual stature. The true nature of that life in actual everyday confusion is evidenced by the deliberate giving up of myself to another Person through a sovereign decision, and that Person is Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit interprets and explains the nature of Jesus to me to make me one with my Lord, not that I might simply become a trophy for His showcase. Our Lord never sent any of His disciples out on the basis of what He had done for them. It was not until after the resurrection, when the disciples had perceived through the power of the Holy Spirit who Jesus really was, that He said, “Go” (Matthew 28:19; also see Luke 24:49 and Acts 1:8).

“If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple” (Luke 14:26). He was not saying that this person cannot be good and upright, but that he cannot be someone over whom Jesus can write the word Mine. Any one of the relationships our Lord mentions in this verse can compete with our relationship with Him. I may prefer to belong to my mother, or to my wife, or to myself, but if that is the case, then, Jesus said, “[You] cannot be My disciple.” This does not mean that I will not be saved, but it does mean that I cannot be entirely His.

Our Lord makes His disciple His very own possession, becoming responsible for him. “…you shall be witnesses to Me…” (Acts 1:8). The desire that comes into a disciple is not one of doing anything for Jesus, but of being a perfect delight to Him. The missionary’s secret is truly being able to say, “I am His, and He is accomplishing His work and His purposes through me.”

Be entirely His! From My Utmost for His Highest Updated Edition

Bible in One Year: Psalms 143-145; 1 Corinthians 14:21-40

Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 143-145, 1 Corinthians 14:21-40 - New Inter...
A psalm of David. LORD, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come ...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 11 Sep 2020, 9:36 pm

[size=48]My Manna[/size]

"But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be . . . lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God." 2 Timothy 3:1–2,4.

Has there ever been a more pleasure-mad culture than ours today?

We have continuous media coming our way with constant imagery and sounds, all things that are supposed to bring us pleasure.

"For me, life means living for pleasure. You know, it's all about having a good time. It's all about the weekend. It's all about the next party. It's all about the next thrill in life."

The apostle Paul's contemporary, the emperor Nero, believed that the purpose of life was to live as an unbridled beast in pleasure, passion, and parties.

There also was a Greek philosophical group at that time who called themselves the Epicureans.

In fact, the Bible tells us that one of the signs of the last days is that people will be "lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God." 2 Timothy 3:4.

- because the Bible says that "she who lives in pleasure is dead while she lives." 1 Timothy 5:6.

The apostle Paul said-
"For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain." Philippians 1:21..

If his neighbours don't kill him in disgust he will die slowly of boredom and powerlessness."

What do you live for?

"To die is gain."

II Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified

As the signs of the last days rage around us, our sovereign God is still in control. As He delays His coming, though, we need to heed the wake-up call and warn others that the time to choose Jesus is now.

Today’s verse encourages every person to examine himself. Are you truly in the faith? Is Christ really at work in your heart? Are His power and wisdom growing in you every day? Are you looking more and more like your Father?

The Bible warns us of a broad way that leads to destruction; multitudes will take that easy path to eternal loss. The gate is small, and the path is narrow that leads to true, eternal life, and few will find it (Matthew 7:13-14). To find that path and to stay on that path takes discipline and focus.

Test yourself! Where are you in life? Are you walking the narrow, blood-stained path that leads to the cross? Or are you strolling hand in hand with the world?

Be certain that you are ready when that final trumpet blast rents the air. Tell others about a Savior Who loves us so much that He does not want to live without us.

Blessing:

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you and give you His peace. If you are numbered among the redeemed, rejoice that your name has been written in the Lamb’s Book of Life and that Jesus will one day present you faultless before God the Father!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 Sep 2020, 9:46 pm

wise, and most kind, as well as holy Providence

(Thomas Guthrie, 1803-1873) 

"He existed before anything else, and He holds all creation together." Colossians 1:17

God's work of providence is "His most holy, wise, and powerful preserving and governing of all His creatures and all their actions." 

Providence has no Sabbath. No night suspends it, and from its labors God never rests.

Our world is but an outlying corner of God's creation; bearing, perhaps, as small a proportion to the great universe, as a single grain bears to all the sands of the sea-shore, or one small quivering leaf to the foliage of a boundless forest. 

Yet, even within this earth's narrow limits, how vast is the work of Providence! How soon is the mind lost in contemplating it! How great is that Being . . .
  whose hand paints every flower, and shapes every leaf
  who forms every bud on every tree, and every infant in the darkness of the womb; 
  who feeds each crawling worm with a parent's care, 
  who watches like a mother over the insect that sleeps away the night in the bosom of a flower; 
  who throws open the golden gates of day, and draws around a sleeping world the dusky curtains of the night
  who measures out the drops of every shower, the whirling snow-flakes, and the sands of man's eventful life; 
  who determines alike the fall of a sparrow, and the fate of a kingdom
  who so overrules the tide of human fortunes, that whatever befalls him, come joy or sorrow, the believer says, "It is the Lord; let Him do what seems good to Him." 1 Samuel 3:18 

"He holds all creation together." Wonderful words, as spoken of One who, some eighteen centuries ago, was a houseless wanderer, a pensioner on woman's charity, and frequently without a place where to lay His head! Yet how clearly do these words attest His dignity and divinity! In ascribing this great work of providence to Jesus Christ, my text calls you to render divine honor to Him. 

In the hands that were once nailed to the cross, it places the scepter of universal empire! 

On those blessed arms that, once thrown around a mother's neck, now tenderly enfold every child of God--it hangs the weight of worlds.

"He holds all creation together." Every object in nature is impressed with His footprints, and each new day repeats the wonders of creation. Yes, there is not a morning we open our eyes, but they meet a scene as astonishing as that which fixed the gaze of Adam when he awoke into existence. Nor is there an object, be it . . .
  pebble or pearl, 
  weed or rose, 
  the flower-spangled sward beneath or the star-spangled sky above, 
  a worm or an angel, 
  a drop of water or a boundless ocean, 
in which intelligence may not discern, and piety may not adore, the providence of Him who assumed our nature that He might save our souls. 

The comfort of God's redeemed people rests so much on the conviction . . .
  that the Lord Jesus reigns, 
  that His hand rules every event,
  that wise, and most kind, as well as holy Providence presides over our daily fortunes and all things besides.

"The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful Word." Hebrews 1:3

You shall have just balances, just weights, a just ephah, and a just hin.
Leviticus 19:36
Weights and scales and measures were all to be according to the standard of justice. Surely no Christian will need to be reminded of this in his business, for if righteousness were banished from all the world beside, it would find a shelter in believing hearts. There are, however, other balances that weigh moral and spiritual things, and these need to be examined often.
Are the balances in which we weigh our own and other men's characters quite accurate? Do we not turn our own ounces of goodness into pounds, and other people's pounds of excellence into ounces? The scales in which we measure our trials and troubles—are they properly set? Paul, who had more to suffer than we have, called his afflictions light, and yet we often consider ours to be heavy—surely something must be wrong with the weights!
We must see to this matter, before we get reported to the court above for unjust dealing. Those weights with which we measure our doctrinal belief—are they quite fair? The doctrines of grace should have the same weight with us as the precepts of the Word, no more and no less; but it is to be feared that with many, one scale or the other is unfairly weighted. It is a vital matter to give honest measure in truth.
Christian, be careful here. Those measures in which we estimate our obligations and responsibilities look rather small. When a rich man gives to the work of God the same amount as the poor contribute, are things properly weighted? When pastors are neglected, is that honest dealing? When the poor are despised, while ungodly rich men are held in admiration, is that a just balance? Reader, we could extend the list, but we prefer to leave it as your evening's work to identify and destroy all unrighteous balances, weights, and measures.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 Sep 2020, 7:51 pm

[size=16][size=16]Sermons[/size]

Joseph of Arimathea by Colin Emerson

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=101517652454

The gospel according to David by Derek Melton psalm 22

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=9102004851546
[/size]

Handling life critics by joe head psalm 7

[size=16]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=9102008507405[/size]

God's word and homosexuality by wil owens  1 corinthians 6

[size=16]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=830202026406725[/size]

Guest devotion

[size=16]~WORN OUT KNEES~
On February 26, 1829, a Jewish boy named Loeb Strauss was born in a cottage in the Bavarian village of Buttenheim. As a young man, Loeb changed his name to Levi and wound up in California, where he opened a textile company. One day, a gold miner walked into Levi’s shop. “Look at these,” said the miner, pointing to his pants. “I bought them six months ago, and now they are full of holes!” When Levi asked why, the miner explained, “We work on our knees most of the time.”
“What you need is some really strong material,” replied Levi. A tailor was called—and the rest is history. Soon miners across the West were wearing Levi Strauss’s jeans.
It seems to me that we Christians should have the same problem that plagued that miner—worn-out pants—for we ought to do most of our work on our knees.
Worn Knees Mean Reverence
We don’t have to kneel to pray, of course. The Bible describes many postures in prayer. Jesus prayed while standing with His eyes lifted to heaven. In Gethsemane, He fell prostrate on His face. In 1 Chronicles 17:16, David sat before the Lord in prayer. Sometimes Bible heroes prayed while lying on their beds or walking along the road as the disciples did with Jesus.
As we turn ourselves, our plans, and our problems over to Him, He intervenes. When we bow before Him, we’re acknowledging Him as our “Maker, Defender, Redeemer, and Friend.”
Worn Knees Mean Obedience
Worn knees also imply obedience. One of the strangest incidents in the life of King David involved moving the ark of the covenant from the village of Kirjath Jearim to its new home in Jerusalem. According to 1 Chronicles 13, David anticipated the day with excitement, for “the thing was right in the eyes of all the people.” Placing the ark in a new cart, they started off as David and all Israel played music before God.
The music stopped abruptly, however, when the oxen stumbled, the cart tottered, and a man named Uzza reached out his hand to steady the ark. God instantly struck him dead, “and he died there before God.”
It wasn’t until afterward that David realized what had gone wrong. He had failed to arrange for the ark to be transported as prescribed by the Mosaic Law. Second, he had failed to pray and to inquire of the Lord about how to go about it. “We did not consult Him,” David confessed in 1 Chronicles 15:13.
Sometimes we make the same mistake. We should be on our knees before accepting a job offer, making a purchase, choosing a new church, or making any decision of consequence. People are quietly watching, and they know when we’re living in prayerful obedience or when, on the other hand, we act without consulting Him.
Worn Knees Mean Dependence
It’s also obvious to others when our knees draw down blessings from above. In the January/February 2003 issue of Pray! Magazine, Elmer Towns said that he and his wife made it through college by faith, praying together and trusting God to meet their needs. 
“One evening,” he wrote, “the only thing in the kitchen cabinet was a can of tuna, so my wife served a tuna casserole. As we clasped hands to thank God for the food, I prayed, ‘God, you know we are broke. You know it’s two days until payday. You know we are willing to fast until we get money, but we ask you to please take care of our needs.’”
Just as they finished, the laundry man came to the door. He quickly explained that he hadn’t come to pick up but to deliver. “A few months ago,” he said, “your landlord asked me to pass along twenty dollars to you to pay for having thawed the pipes for him. I had forgotten about it until today.”
If you want to pull down blessings from above and impact the world around you, you’ve got to be surrendered to God’s will, taking life on your knees, bowed in humble reverence, obedience, and dependence on Him.
Do your knees give off signs of life? Like a California miner, let’s each declare: “I do most of my work on my knees.”
-Dr. David Jeremiah
Turning Point Ministries

[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 09 Sep 2020, 7:52 pm

Guest devotion

~WORN OUT KNEES~
On February 26, 1829, a Jewish boy named Loeb Strauss was born in a cottage in the Bavarian village of Buttenheim. As a young man, Loeb changed his name to Levi and wound up in California, where he opened a textile company. One day, a gold miner walked into Levi’s shop. “Look at these,” said the miner, pointing to his pants. “I bought them six months ago, and now they are full of holes!” When Levi asked why, the miner explained, “We work on our knees most of the time.”
“What you need is some really strong material,” replied Levi. A tailor was called—and the rest is history. Soon miners across the West were wearing Levi Strauss’s jeans.
It seems to me that we Christians should have the same problem that plagued that miner—worn-out pants—for we ought to do most of our work on our knees.
Worn Knees Mean Reverence
We don’t have to kneel to pray, of course. The Bible describes many postures in prayer. Jesus prayed while standing with His eyes lifted to heaven. In Gethsemane, He fell prostrate on His face. In 1 Chronicles 17:16, David sat before the Lord in prayer. Sometimes Bible heroes prayed while lying on their beds or walking along the road as the disciples did with Jesus.
As we turn ourselves, our plans, and our problems over to Him, He intervenes. When we bow before Him, we’re acknowledging Him as our “Maker, Defender, Redeemer, and Friend.”
Worn Knees Mean Obedience
Worn knees also imply obedience. One of the strangest incidents in the life of King David involved moving the ark of the covenant from the village of Kirjath Jearim to its new home in Jerusalem. According to 1 Chronicles 13, David anticipated the day with excitement, for “the thing was right in the eyes of all the people.” Placing the ark in a new cart, they started off as David and all Israel played music before God.
The music stopped abruptly, however, when the oxen stumbled, the cart tottered, and a man named Uzza reached out his hand to steady the ark. God instantly struck him dead, “and he died there before God.”
It wasn’t until afterward that David realized what had gone wrong. He had failed to arrange for the ark to be transported as prescribed by the Mosaic Law. Second, he had failed to pray and to inquire of the Lord about how to go about it. “We did not consult Him,” David confessed in 1 Chronicles 15:13.
Sometimes we make the same mistake. We should be on our knees before accepting a job offer, making a purchase, choosing a new church, or making any decision of consequence. People are quietly watching, and they know when we’re living in prayerful obedience or when, on the other hand, we act without consulting Him.
Worn Knees Mean Dependence
It’s also obvious to others when our knees draw down blessings from above. In the January/February 2003 issue of Pray! Magazine, Elmer Towns said that he and his wife made it through college by faith, praying together and trusting God to meet their needs. 
“One evening,” he wrote, “the only thing in the kitchen cabinet was a can of tuna, so my wife served a tuna casserole. As we clasped hands to thank God for the food, I prayed, ‘God, you know we are broke. You know it’s two days until payday. You know we are willing to fast until we get money, but we ask you to please take care of our needs.’”
Just as they finished, the laundry man came to the door. He quickly explained that he hadn’t come to pick up but to deliver. “A few months ago,” he said, “your landlord asked me to pass along twenty dollars to you to pay for having thawed the pipes for him. I had forgotten about it until today.”
If you want to pull down blessings from above and impact the world around you, you’ve got to be surrendered to God’s will, taking life on your knees, bowed in humble reverence, obedience, and dependence on Him.
Do your knees give off signs of life? Like a California miner, let’s each declare: “I do most of my work on my knees.”
-Dr. David Jeremiah
Turning Point Ministries
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 09 Sep 2020, 7:41 pm

God's Family Plan

JOSHUA 24:15b NKJ 15 But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

God's plan is a family plan. His will is for you to believe for the salvation of all your relatives.

JOSHUA 2:13 NKJ 13 "and spare my father, my mother, my brothers, my sisters, and all that they have, and deliver our lives from death."

JOSHUA 6:23,25 NKJ 23 And the young men who had been spies went in and brought out Rahab, her father, her mother, her brothers, and all that she had. So they brought out all her relatives and left them outside the camp of Israel. 25 And Joshua spared Rahab the harlot, her father's household, and all that she had . . . .

Rahab was a harlot who did not even belong to God's people. But she asked for all her family to be saved, and they were. We should stand in faith just as Rahab did and ask for the lives of all our family members.

God allows all people to choose whether to receive Jesus. But when you pray for and stand in faith for your loved ones, God will do everything necessary to bring your family members to a point where it will be easy for them to choose to receive Jesus.

God is able to make His case and get the job done!

ACTS 16:31 NLT 31 They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, along with everyone in your household."

1 TIMOTHY 2:3-4 NKJ 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Whoever we pray for, we know it is God's will to save them.

[size=16]DAILY PRAYER

Lord we Thank and Praise you for all you do each day to guide, protect, provide, and answer every petition as they make their needs, wants, and the desires of their hearts known to you.

Lord please bless, keep, guide, and provide each person this message reaches. Throughout each day, bless them with perfect health, healing, and the abundant supply to fulfill all they need, want or desire.  Keep each of them safe and secure, no matter the weather, temperatures, or other circumstances that should try to cause their body, mind or our spirits to be tried and tested! Guide each of them as they pray, ask, and require. (2 Corinthians 5:18-21; Ephesians 6:10-20;Luke 1:1-4; Luke 18:1-8; Colossians 1:9-23; Romans 8:26-30)

Dear Lord in sharing the words of prayers and words of wisdom from history, I hope to encourage all my readers of these messages, to show that we are not experiencing anything that others have not, and to show that you always provide. Let the readers also reflect on the time and circumstances of these prayers and words of wisdom, so they may draw strength and insight from them. Amen

God knows us through and through. Not the most secret thought, which we must hide from ourselves, is hidden from him. As then we come to know ourselves through and through, we come to see ourselves more as God sees us, and then we catch some little glimpse of his designs with us, how each ordering of his providence, each check to our desires, each failure of our hopes, is just fitted for us, and for something in our own spiritual state, which others know not of, and which, till then, we knew not. Until we come to this knowledge, we must take all in faith, believing, though we know not, the goodness of God toward us.
Edward Bouberie Pusey (1800–1882)

Have a wonderfully blessed and prosperous day in the Lord today!

TODAYS DEVOTIONS

(It is not my intent to be a salesperson, just send uplifting and encouraging devotions, so all links are removed, linked items are in bold print, the attached PDF still has hot links or you can follow the link at the bottom to view the devotion online)

Pay Attention and Look for the Evidence
by Aliza Latta 

I remember sitting in my counselor’s office last year. I had a lot of things I wanted to talk about that day, and I had gone in with a mental list I was preparing to cover. 
Before I could bring up any of the topics that I wanted to discuss, these words rushed out of my lips: “I am afraid to date.. I don’t know if I will ever be able to date again.” 
I stared at my counselor, surprised by the words I heard come from me. This was not one of the things I had been planning on discussing. And yet, as soon as I heard the words, I knew they were true. 
My counselor, Marie, is kind. She has a soft voice and talks often about the Holy Spirit. She wears a lot of makeup, and her hair is always perfectly coiffed or curled. The first time I had a session with her, I almost wrote her off, thinking she was a bit woo-woo for my liking. I was wrong. I’ve since learned she’s a tough woman, but also deeply kind. It’s a good mix. 
Marie smiled softly at me. “Let’s talk about that. Why are you afraid to date?” 
Marie knows some of my history with relationships. My ex-boyfriend was not kind to me — there were many hard things that took place, and many years of pain that followed. God is slowly healing me. Counseling helps. But I didn’t want to talk about him or my past, I wanted to think and dream and talk about my future. 
“I’m afraid I won’t be safe,” I said. “And I’m afraid I’ll make bad decisions. I’m afraid that what happened to me in my past will happen again. I don’t know how to look for someone good.” I sort of laughed. “I don’t know what a healthy relationship even looks like.”
She took out a piece of paper, scrawling a word in capital letters near the top. 
I peered over her desk to see what she was writing. In large letters I saw the word [size=16]EVIDENCE. [/size]
She drew a line down the middle of the paper, and held it up to me. “See this?”
I nodded. 
“You are now a detective. I want you to start looking for the evidence. Before you ever decide to date someone, I want you to be alert and write down all of the evidence from his life that you see. How does he talk about his friends or his family? What music does he listen to? How does he treat the barista at the coffee shop? What is his tone of voice when he’s speaking to you? Write down his actions. Write down everything. Be alert, and look for the evidence. The evidence doesn’t lie.” 
I took Marie’s wisdom to heart. Now anyone I think about dating has to endure all of my detective work. This process has saved me a lot of heartache, and has given me the confidence to know that my painful history won’t likely repeat. I literally have a notebook where I write down the evidence I see in that person’s life. It might sound a bit creepy, but it’s definitely effective. 
Recently, I’ve begun to wonder if looking for evidence isn’t only wisdom for dating relationships — but if it’s also a way to see God. 
I think of Marie’s words: [size=16]be alert and look for the evidence. [/size]
Am I alert when it comes to seeking God? Am I looking for the evidence of His love? When I truly think about it, and when I get my trusty notebook out and jot down the evidence of God, I am astounded by all of the ways He shows me He loves me. 
I see the love of God in the eyes of my nephew and niece. I see the love of God in the friendships He has given me. I see the love of God in the way He is redeeming some hard parts from my past. 
Here are three things I find helpful when I start to look for the evidence of the love of God:
[/size]

• Ask God to show you His love. God delights in showing us how much He loves us! I ask Him almost daily to remind me of the love He has for me.

• Pay attention to your daily life and to the world around you. Most of the time, I’d like God to show me a large, sweeping gesture of His love for me. Sometimes He does, but most of the time I see His fingerprints of love pressed into the folds of my everyday life. I am awakened to His love in the smallest and most tender details.

• Once you find the evidence of God’s love, write it down. I keep a small leather notebook on my bookshelf. I call it my “Book of Remembrance,” and I write down every instance I see or hear from God. We humans tend to forget God’s faithfulness. Write down the evidence that God gives you, and the next time you question whether or not God reveals Himself, you can go back to your notebook and re-read all of the times God was faithful. 

[size]
Look for the evidence of the love of God. If you stay alert, pay attention, and write down what you see, I think you’ll be surprised by what you find. 
God’s love is as close to you as the air you breathe. He delights in you and He sings over you. Sometimes we just need a reminder to wake up and look. [/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 08 Sep 2020, 6:31 pm

Guest Devotion

[size=16]A SWEET-SMELLING OFFERING

Numbers 28.2b: “See that you present to Me at the appointed time the food for My offerings
made by fire, as an aroma pleasing to Me.”
The Lord God smells your offerings. Noah's offering had a pleasing aroma to the Lord (Genesis
8.20-21). That means that it was an acceptable sacrifice to Him..
Our worship/offerings must be preceded by the fear of the Lord before they can be acceptable:
Hebrews 12:28: “Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a Kingdom that cannot be shaken, and
thus let us offer to God acceptable worship with reverence and holy fear ......... .”
Notice this: The Ephesus Church in Rev. 2 had some really good qualities in God's sight. They
were hard workers, a persevering people. They were bull's-eye good at testing and disclaiming
false teachers. They had endured hardship for the Lord's Name and had not grown weary. Now,
that commendation should look good on anybody's performance appraisal – Right?
Not necessarily so! In all that good – something absolutely vital was missing. Hear the Words of
the Lord Jesus to them: “I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love” (Rev. 2.4-5).
Without that relationship, the whole structure of all their good performance appraisal collapsed
(Rev. 2.5).
Remember that though we have physical bodies, we (the church) are a spiritual structure (1
Pet. 2:5), saved to worship our God acceptably (Heb. 12:28, John 4.23-24); and He gave us His
Word to show us how (Ps. 119.105).
So, let us look at our worship: Remember the woman coming into the house where our Lord
was having dinner (John 12.1-8)? She poured out her worship on the Lord Jesus in the form of a
very expensive perfume – and it was, oh, so sweet to Him. The fragrance filled the house. Judas
complained that the perfume could have been sold and the money given to the poor, but our Lord
accepted this woman's worship and said that it was the proper thing to do.
Now beware of thinking that our Lord does not want us to help the poor. On the contrary, it is
good and godly to do so– especially to those of the household of faith (Gal. 6.10). However, if your
zeal for helping the poor is squeezing out the time that you should be soaking in the perfume of
God's Presence through His Word (S of S 1.3) -- then you have left your first-love, and your
offering of help for the poor ceases to be acceptable to the Lord. It loses the characteristic of
being a sweet aroma to Him. So we see two aspects of what is worship acceptable to God: It is
brought to Him in holy fear and awe, and it is brought to Him out of a First-love relationship.
Now, the church in Ephesus had good qualities – but she had lost that sweet aroma that her
Lord was looking for. What a crash this church had taken (“remember the height from which
you have fallen”). The preacher, Charles Spurgeon, brings a sobering reality to our attention in
this description of the Ephesian church: Apparently the pastor of the church had not noticed that
they had fallen from that high place. In Sardis a dead church had a reputation for being “alive”
(Rev. 3.1); and in Laodicea (Rev. 3.14-22), a lukewarm church, in their pride, thought they were
doing just fine.
None of these churches were aware that their worship or serving had lost its sweet smelling
aroma for the Lord. There was no First-love relationship there, no soaking in God's Presence for
His sweet fragrance to rub off on them. There was no longing for the sweet taste of His Word (Ps.
119.103), which would have been pleasing to the Lord God. There was no delight to run in the
path of His Word (Ps. 119.35). These churches had deceived themselves. Folks, don't try to live off
of a reputation you may have received from people who might praise you for your works. His
thoughts are higher than ours (Is. 55.8-9). Let God's Word examine you. Let the report that our
Lord gave the churches in Revelation also speak to you (1 Cor. 10.11).
Folks, reverence and godly fear approaches the Lord (Ps. 5.7), and delights at the awesome fragrance of His Presence (S of S 1.3). The believer finds more joy in God's Word and in prayer
and worship to Him, than the world can find with all its riches (Ps. 119.14).
The believer stays there in the Lord's Presence for a time (Ps. 27..4) and soaks it up, during which
a marvellous thing happens- that fragrance/aroma that accompanies His Presence with His
people rests on their worship and offerings of service - and are pleasing to Him.
Let us each one strive to smell God's pleasing Presence, and then seek in turn to be a pleasing
aroma as we daily present our lives to Him (Romans 12:1, 2 Peter 1:10).
Love to you all in Christ Jesus,
Sandy & Michael

[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 07 Sep 2020, 11:12 pm

A HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY. . .
What we are will always speak louder than what we say. 

YOKE, STAFF, ROD     
"For the yoke of his burden and the staff of his back — the rod of his oppressor — You have broken, as in the day of Midian." [Isaiah(Yeshayah9. 4 Tanakh, Nevi'im] {Referring to the time of Gideon. Judges/Shofetim 7-8

MESSIAH Y’SHUA is the ONE this text is speaking of. Only THE GALILEAN, the SAVIOR of the world could be all this and so much more, words and imagination could never fully describe our WONDROUS LORD; such amazing qualities and resemblances and analogies. 

Yoke of Burden: Speaking about the Assyrians yoke of oppression, Isaiah said: "It shall come to pass in that day that HIS burden will be taken away from your shoulder, and HIS yoke from your neck; the yoke will be destroyed because of the anointing oil...Then HIS yoke shall be removed from them, and HIS burden removed from their backs. This is the plan that is planned against the whole earth; and this is the hand that is stretched out over all the nations.. For the LORD OF HOSTS has purposed it, who then can annul it? HIS arm is stretched out, and who can stop it?" [Isaiah (Yeshayah10. 25; 14. 25 - 27 Tanakh, Nevi'im] Whereas, MESSIAH Y’SHUA encourages us by saying— "Take Myoke upon you and learn from ME, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For Myoke is easy and Mburden is light."[Matthew 11. 29 - 30] 

Staff of HIS Shoulder (Strength): "YOUR rod and YOUR staff  they comfort me" [Psalms/Tehillym 23:4], for through the voice of the LORD, the enemy will be beaten down as Hstrikes with the rod. "And in every place where the grounded staff shall pass, which the LORD shall lay upon him, it will be with tabrets and harps; and in battles of shaking will HEfight with it." [Isaiah (Yeshayah30. 32 Tanakh, Nevi'im] GOD will forgive Israel,"Oh, Shepherd YOUR people with YOUR staff, the flock of YOURheritage. May they who dwell isolated in a woodland, in the midst of Carmel; let them feed in Bashan and Gilead, as in days of old." [Micah(Michah7. 14 Tanakh, Nevi’im] 

The Rod: "I will be a FATHER to him, and he shall be a son to ME. When he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men and with the affliction of mortals {the same as a human father would}." [2Samuel (Shemuel Bet7. 14 Tanakh, Nevi’im] 

In arguing his case Job’s reply to Bildad the Shuhite was, "If Hwould only take HIS rod away from me and do not let dread of HIM terrify me, then I would speak out without fear of HIM." [Job (Iyowb9.. 34 - 35 Tanakh, Kethuvim] Regarding rulers and nations who took counsel together against the ANOINTED ONE, YEHOWAH asserted— "YOU (Y’SHUA) shall break them (the nations) with a rod of iron; shatter them to pieces like potter's ware." [Psalms (Tehillym2. 9 Tanakh, Kethuvim] "Though I walk through the Valley of deepest darkness, I will fear no harm, for YOU are with me; YOUR rod and YOUR staff — they comfort me." [Psalms (Tehillym23. 4 Tanakh, Kethuvim] 

Remembering the Covenant with David, and sorrow for lost blessings David reiterates what the HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL promised, "If his sons forsake MTeaching and do not walk in Mjudgments; if they violate MYLaws, and do not keep Mcommandments, I will punish their transgression with the rod, their iniquity with plagues. Nevertheless Mlovingkindness I will not utterly take from him, nor allow MYfaithfulness to fail. I will not break Mcovenant, or change the WORDthat has gone out of Mlips." [Psalms (Tehillym89. 30 – 34 Tanakh,Kethuvim] "The LORD said to my LORD Sit at Mright hand, while I make YOUR enemies YOUR footstool. The LORD will send forth from Zion the rod of YOUR mighty strength. Rule in the midst of YOUR enemies!"[Psalms (Tehillym110. 1 Tanakh, Kethuvim] 

The Reign of Jesse's OFFSPRING"A ROD shall grow out from the stem of Jesse, and a BRANCH will grow out of his roots. The SPIRIT OF THELORD shall rest upon HIM, the SPIRIT of wisdom and understanding, the SPIRIT of counsel and valor, the SPIRIT of devotion and reverence for the LORD." [Isaiah (Yeshayah11. 1 – 2 Tanakh, Nevi'im] Punishment of Israel's injustice, "The LORD'voice cries unto the city, and the man of wisdom shall see YOUR NAME: Hear the ROD, and WHO has appointed it." [Micah(Michah6. 9 Tanakh, Nevi’im] 

"Shall I come to you with a rod, or in love and a spirit of gentleness?"[1 Corinthians 4. 21]  The judgment we will receive is in accordance to our choice. The rod of HIS anger and the staff of HIS indignation are for those who love wickedness and remain under the yoke of sin and lawlessness. But the yoke of righteousness by which we are guided to everlasting peace and joy is available to who-so-ever will come to Y’SHUA, the ROCK OF SALVATION, for forgiveness. In HIM we are made perfect through obedience by HIS Rod of guidance, and our names engraved into the Staff of righteousness as our rich inheritance. 

This WONDERFUL SAVIOR we serve is the ONE WHO will to rule all nations with a rod of iron. Therefore, "hold fast what you have till I come. And he who overcomes, and keeps Mworks until the end, to him I will give power over the nations  Hshall rule them with a rod of iron; they shall be dashed to pieces like the potter's vessels  as I also have received from MFATHER; and I will give him the MORNING STAR. He who has an ear, let him hear what the SPIRIT says to the churches."[Revelation 2. 26 - 29]  What a day that will be, for His coming soon to judge the earth in truth, and in righteousness will reign through all eternity. 

Sha'alu (Pray) for the Shalom (Peace) of Jerusalem and all of Israel!
The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear HIM, in those who hope in HISmercy. Praise the LORD, O Jerusalem! Praise your GOD, O Zion!" Psalms 147:11-12
"Simcha Shel Mitzvah  Joy in doing good."  May each day be entered with joy in our hearts and confidence that ALMIGHTY GOD, in HIS mercy, will continue to use us as HISmessengers of the GOOD NEWS to the perplexed and depraved world around us! 

[size=48]My Manna

Has there ever been a more pleasure-mad culture than ours today?

In fact, the Bible tells us that one of the signs of the last days is that people will be "lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God.." 2 Timothy 3:4.

The apostle Paul said-
"For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain." Philippians 1:21.

What do you live for?

"To die is gain."[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 06 Sep 2020, 7:16 pm

[size=40]Truth in All Things[/size]

Trust in him at all times.
Psalm 62:8

Faith is the rule of both temporal as well as spiritual life; we ought to have faith in God for our earthly affairs as well as for our heavenly business. It is only as we learn to trust in God for the supply of our daily needs that we will live above the world. We are not to be idle; that would show we did not trust in God, who is always working, but in the devil, who is the father of laziness. We are not to be hasty or rash; that would be to trust chance rather than the living God, who is a God of economy and order. Acting sensibly and honestly, we must rely simply and entirely on the Lord all the time.
Let me commend to you a life of trust in God in secular things. Trusting in God, you will not be compelled to mourn as a result of using sinful means to grow rich. Serve God with integrity, and if you are unsuccessful, at least sin will not lie upon your conscience. Trusting God, you will be free from self-contradiction. The one who trusts in craftiness, sails this way today and that way tomorrow, like a sailboat tossed about by the fickle wind; but the one who trusts in the Lord is like a powerful boat cutting through the waves, defying the wind, and making one bright silvery straightforward track to her desired haven. Be courageous as you act on principle; do not bow to the varying customs of worldly wisdom.
Walk on the path of integrity with confidence, and show that you are invincibly strong in the strength that confidence in God alone confers. In this way you will be delivered from anxious care; you will be untroubled by evil tidings, and your heart will be fixed, trusting in the Lord. How pleasant to float along on the stream of providence! There is no more blessed way of living than a life of dependence upon a covenant-keeping God. We do not need to worry because He cares for us; we do not need to carry burdens because He invites us to cast them upon Him.

[size=15][size=21]John 14:13-14[/size]
Have you ever wondered why we pray if God already knows everything? What do our prayers accomplish?
First, communicating with God connects His Spirit and ours. A relationship can’t survive if the two parties don’t speak with each other.
Second, God communicates His will to His children through prayer. If we’re seeking to please Him, then we will pray with an open heart and mind. In turn, the Lord impresses upon us the desire to ask Him for those things He wants to bring into our life.
Third, communing with God gives us the opportunity to participate in His kingdom on earth. As we learn to trust Him for answers, He gives us greater tasks in prayer. The Lord will burden our heart to pray for the salvation of a friend, people suffering from a natural disaster, or the state of our nation. When we see an answer, whether it’s big or small, we will know He blessed us by including us in the process.
God calls on His children to pray, because He wants us involved in His work. What a privilege for us to freely go before our Father and know that He is interested in what we have to say. In fact, He is pleased when we ask Him to meet our needs or the needs of someone else. And if we are praying according to His will, He answers every time.

[/size]
[size=31]Are You Ever Troubled?[/size]
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you…  JOHN 14:27
There are times in our lives when our peace is based simply on our own ignorance. But when we are awakened to the realities of life, true inner peace is impossible unless it is received from Jesus. When our Lord speaks peace, He creates peace, because the words that He speaks are always “spirit, and they are life” (John 6:63). Have I ever received what Jesus speaks? “…My peace I give to you…”— a peace that comes from looking into His face and fully understanding and receiving His quiet contentment.
Are you severely troubled right now? Are you afraid and confused by the waves and the turbulence God sovereignly allows to enter your life? Have you left no stone of your faith unturned, yet still not found any well of peace, joy, or comfort? Does your life seem completely barren to you? Then look up and receive the quiet contentment of the Lord Jesus. Reflecting His peace is proof that you are right with God, because you are exhibiting the freedom to turn your mind to Him. If you are not right with God, you can never turn your mind anywhere but on yourself. Allowing anything to hide the face of Jesus Christ from you either causes you to become troubled or gives you a false sense of security.
With regard to the problem that is pressing in on you right now, are you “looking unto Jesus” (Hebrews 12:2) and receiving peace from Him? If so, He will be a gracious blessing of peace exhibited in and through you. But if you only try to worry your way out of the problem, you destroy His effectiveness in you, and you deserve whatever you get. We become troubled because we have not been taking Him into account. When a person confers with Jesus Christ, the confusion stops, because there is no confusion in Him. Lay everything out before Him, and when you are faced with difficulty, bereavement, and sorrow, listen to Him say, “Let not your heart be troubled…” (John 14:27). From My Utmost for His Highest Updated Edition
Bible in One Year: Psalms 119:89-176; 1 Corinthians 8
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 05 Sep 2020, 10:23 pm

keith hobkirk totallylovedbygod59@yahoo.com [Jesusforall]
Unsubscribe

Sat, Sep 5 at 6:43 AM

Some people work as if there was a secrecy to their job that does not allow them to know what they are doing. 

KISS THE SON  
"And we declare to you glad tidings — that promise which was made to the fathers. GOD has fulfilled this for us their children, in that HEhas raised up MESSIAH Y’SHUA. As it is also written in the Second Psalm— YOU are MY SON, today I have begotten YOU." [Acts 13. 32 - 33] 

The HOLY SPIRIT OF THE LORD, through the psalmist David promised that one day the SON OF GOD would rise from the dead — the "first born from the dead." [Colossians 1. 18] Therefore, the GOOD NEWS OF THE GOSPELdefinitely was preached in the OLD COVENANT. The LORD Y’SHUA even quoted Psalm 110:1 to prove HIS OWN deity [Matthew 22:43, 45] and Psalm 82:6[John 10:34-36] to uphold and support HIS claims. 

This particular passage in the Book of Acts teaches another truth that is often overlooked. By identifying the Second Psalm as such, the writer(through the FAITHFUL COMFORTER) tells us that the chapter divisions of the Book of Psalms were there by DIVINE INSTRUCTION from the beginning. Since each of the Psalms is a poem, it shows obvious verse divisions. It is not surprising then, that we can find many remarkable examples of plans and design from our marvelous CREATOR GOD in the very structure of HIS PRECIOUS WRITTEN WORD. 

Psalm 2, speaking of the ANOINTED ONE, is the first of the MESSIANICPsalms, but actually, the LORD Y’SHUA and HIS GOSPEL OF SALVATION are clearly present in each of the 150 Psalms. "Kiss the SON, give reverential respect, lest HE be angered, and your way be doomed in the mere flash of HIS anger. Blessed are all who take refuge in HIM." [Psalms(Tehillym) 2. 12 Tanakh, Kethuvim] "Faithfulness, mercy and truth meet; righteousness and peace kiss. Truth shall spring up from the earth, justice looks down from heaven." [Psalms (Tehillym) 85. 10 - 11 Tanakh, Kethuvim] "He who gives a right answer is as though he kissed the lips."[Proverbs (Mishle) 24. 26 Tanakh, Kethuvim] 

The Hebrew word "nashaq" could be translated as "kiss, touch, equip withweapons or rule." When we allow Y’SHUA ha'MASHIACH to be THE RULER of our lives, we unite with HIM in every aspect of our being. HE is the GREAT &MIGHTY GOD WHO goes before us and enjoins our lives. "Righteousness goes before HIM and HIS footsteps become our pathway." [Psalms (Tehillym)85. 13 Tanakh, Kethuvim] 

"In HIS forbearance, GOD had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time HISrighteousness, that HE might be just and the JUSTIFIER of the one who has faith in MESSIAH Y’SHUA." [Romans 3. 25 - 26] When the LORDJESUS, the ALPHA & OMEGA, is the center of our lives, we are well equipped with all we need supplied, for HE is our REFUGE & STRENGTH and has also become our DELIVERANCE; a MIGHTY KING is HE and HE is ever faithful. 

Sha'alu (Pray) for the Shalom (Peace) of Jerusalem and all of Israel!
”Eem eshkakhech Yerushalayim — If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither.” Psalms 137:5
 Toward YOU alone, SOVEREIGN LORD GOD, is my desire, and all my thoughts are turned to YOU. My mind and my heart cling to YOU and thank and praise YOU for YOUR many gifts of grace. Therefore, with trembling reverence I place my body and soul, my spiritual life on the flaming altar of devotion, as an offering to YOU, the ONLY ONE WHO’S supreme greatness no mind can conceive or be sufficiently grateful. There is peace, rest, and unending happiness in the wonderful light of YOUR PRESENCE. Thank YOU LORD, for being my REFUGE.

The Rainbow

Storms always come in the spring of life,

There's always a struggle and dealings with strife,

There's always some searching and quite a few tears...

But no storm can last forever, dear.

You will be proud when you look back

That you made it through...still intact...

For the clouds will break and the sun come through

And God will shine a rainbow for you!

Poetry copyrighted by

Joan Clifton Costner
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 Sep 2020, 9:34 pm

GREAT QUOTES on REVIVAL

"I believe there is no doctrine more dangerous to the Church today
than to convey the impression that a revival is something peculiar
in itself and cannot be judged by the same rules of causes and
effect as other things."
- Billy Sunday

"Oh! men and brethren, what would this heart feel if I could but
believe that there were some among you who would go home and
pray for a revival - men whose faith is large enough, and their love
fiery enough to lead them from this moment to exercise unceasing
intercessions that God would appear among us and do wondrous
things here, as in the times of former generations."
~ Charles Spurgeon

"A true revival means nothing less than a revolution, casting out
the spirit of worldliness and selfishness, and making God and His
love triumph in the heart and life."
-Andrew Murray

"The coming revival must begin with a great revival of prayer. It is
in the closet, with the door shut, that the sound of abundance of
rain will first be heard. An increase of secret prayer with ministers
will be the sure harbinger of blessing."
-Andrew Murray

"When is a revival needed? When carelessness and unconcern
keep the people asleep."  - Billy Sunday

"Trying to run a church without revivals can be done when you
can run a gasoline engine on buttermilk." - Billy Sunday

"Revival comes from heaven when heroic souls enter the conflict
determined to win or die-or if need be, to win and die! The kingdom
of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force."
-Charles Finney

"When Holy God draws near in true revival, people come under
terrible conviction of sin. The outstanding feature of spiritual
awakening has been the profound consciousness of the Presence
and holiness of God."
-Henry Blackaby

Prepared for Persecution!  John 16:1-4
Text:  “And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.  Thou therefore (a conclusion) endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.”
2 Timothy 2:2-3.

Good morning, well prepared Christian!  When the ever-present persecution promised to you and to me comes - are we ready to endure it; learn from it; and grow stronger as a consequence of it?  Praise God for well prepared Christians!
“Yea, and ALL that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.  But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.  But continue thou in the things which thou has learned and been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them.”  (2 Timothy 3:12-14)
The words Jesus taught His disciples in the opening verses of John Chapter 16 must have brought great fear and dread to their all too fallible hearts.  However, the Lord Jesus deemed this teaching most necessary to the well-being of His initial followers whom He was about to leave here on earth.
The lessons Jesus taught His initial disciples are still most necessary for ’end times’ Christians today.  We do well to learn these lessons again.
First, the Lord Jesus explains His reason for revealing such hard truths to His followers - ‘…that ye should not be offended…’, or too deeply upset. (V.1)
What Christ then prophesied must have made the disciples’ hearts shiver with dread:  “They shall put you out of the synagogues; yea, the time cometh that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God a service.”  (V.2)
We do well to acquaint ourselves with the knowledge of how Christ’s disciples died.  We latter-day Christians must also be well prepared for such possibilities.  Be prepared, dear friend, there are bad times coming.  There are very bad times coming real soon!  Be prepared!
Do You Know How the Disciples Died?
1.  Matthew:  Suffered martyrdom in Ethiopia - killed by a sword wound.
2.  Mark:  Died in Alexandria, Egypt, after being dragged by horses through the streets until he was dead.
3.  Luke:  Was hanged in Greece as a result of his tremendous preaching to the lost.
4.  John:    Faced martyrdom when he was boiled in huge basin of boiling oil during a wave of persecution in Rome.  However, he was miraculously delivered from death.  John was then sentenced to the mines on the prison island of Patmos.  He wrote his prophetic Book of Revelation on Patmos . The apostle John was later freed and returned to serve as Bishop of Edessa in modern Turkey . He died as an old man, the only apostle to die peacefully.
5.  Peter:  He was crucified upside down on an x-shaped cross.  According to church tradition it was because he told his tormentors that he felt unworthy to die in the same way that Jesus Christ had died.
6.  James (the Just):    The leader of the church in Jerusalem, was thrown over a hundred feet down from the southeast pinnacle of the Temple when he refused to deny his faith in Christ. When they discovered that he survived the fall, his enemies beat James to death with a fuller's club.
7.  James (the Great):  The son of Zebedee, was a fisherman by trade when Jesus called him to a lifetime of ministry.  As a strong leader of the church, James was ultimately beheaded at Jerusalem.  (Tradition teaches that the Roman officer who guarded James watched amazed as James defended his faith at his trial. Later, the officer walked beside James to the place of execution. Overcome by conviction, he declared his new faith to the judge and knelt beside James to accept beheading as a Christian.)
8.  Bartholomew:  Also known as Nathaniel was a missionary to Asia.  He witnessed for our Lord in present day Turkey.  Bartholomew was martyred for his preaching in Armenia where he was flayed to death by a whip.
9.  Andrew:   Was crucified on an x-shaped cross in Patras, Greece.  After being whipped severely by seven soldiers they tied his body to the cross with cords to prolong his agony.  His followers reported that, when he was led toward the cross, Andrew saluted it in these words: “I have long desired and expected this happy hour.  The cross has been consecrated by the body of Christ hanging on it.”  He continued to preach to his tormentors for two days until he expired.
10.  Thomas:   Was stabbed with a spear in India during one of his missionary trips to establish the church in the sub-continent.
11.  Jude:  Was killed with arrows when he refused to deny his faith in Christ.
12.  Matthias:  The apostle chosen to replace the traitor Judas Iscariot, was stoned and then beheaded.
13.  Paul:    Was tortured and then beheaded by the evil Emperor Nero at Rome in A...D. 67.  Paul endured a lengthy imprisonment, which allowed him to write his many epistles to the churches he had formed throughout the Roman Empire. These letters, which taught many of the foundational doctrines of Christianity, form a large portion of the New Testament.
Thought:  We talk the talk - but are we prepared to walk the walk?  Lord, help us!
[size]

Ulster Christians
www.ulsterchristians.org
[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 02 Sep 2020, 7:26 pm

"The Greatest Courtship Ever"

French writer Julien Green has described God's seeking us in love, as a "thread" that runs throughout the Bible. After Eve and Adam sinned, God could have given up on mankind, banished us from His Holy presence forever. But He wants us with Him, and He had already provided for our forgiveness, from the beginning.

Rev 13:8 (NRSV) "and all the inhabitants of the earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb that was slaughtered."

Moving to the Promised Land with the Israelites, we see that God certainly had ample opportunity to give up on them. They grumbled and disobeyed Him over and over. Yet over and over He gave them another chance. The beautiful story of Hosea and his prostitute wife show us God's incredible, unconditional love for His people.

Hosea 2:14-16 (NNAS) ""Therefore, behold, I will allure her, Bring her into the wilderness And speak kindly to her. Then I will give her her vineyards from there, And the valley of Achor as a door of hope. And she will sing there as in the days of her youth, As in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt. It will come about in that day," declares the LORD, "That you will call Me Ishi And will no longer call Me Baali.

Note the word that is used in verse 14 -- God "allured" Israel. He woos us. He loves us so much that even when we have been unfaithful to Him, He seeks us out. God showed us another beautiful depiction of His deep love for us in the parable of "the prodigal son."
Luke 15:20 (NNAS) ""So he got up and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion for him, and ran and embraced him and kissed him." "While he was still a long way off," the father ran to him. He met him on the way. The father did not let the son's sins keep separating them.

Nor did God let our sins separate us permanently from Him. He made an unthinkable sacrifice - the life of His only begotten Son - for our sakes. And He did this, knowing full well all the sins we would commit. He sought us out, provided a way to reconcile us to Himself.

Rom 5:8-10 (NNAS) "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life."

God's love for us is unconditional. He hates our sin. But oh how He loves us. No matter what we have done or will do, He loves us. He loves the serial murderer just as much as the nun. He loves us as much when we are at our worst, as when we are at our best. As Eugene Peterson paraphrases it in Psalm 118:1, "His love never quits." I think that's beyond our comprehension. But we need to think about it, meditate on it, thank Him for it, show our gratefulness for it.

If you are not as close to God as you want to be or used to be, pray to Him. He will meet you on the way, too. I hope and pray you all feel the embrace of His love.

Dear Lord, help us to better grasp Your unconditional love for us. And help us to live out our gratitude to You, and to reflect Your love, in our everyday lives. In Jesus' name amen.

[size=32]Flourish Even in Drought[/size]

Can reeds flourish where there is no water?
Job 8:11

[size=18]The reed is spongy and hollow, and so is a hypocrite; there is no substance or stability in him. It is shaken back and forth in every wind, just as the outwardly religious yield to every influence; for this reason the reed is not broken by the storm, neither are hypocrites called to face persecution. I would not willingly be a deceiver or be deceived; perhaps the text for today may help me to test myself to see whether I am a hypocrite or not.
The reed by nature lives in water and owes its very existence to the mire and moisture in which it has taken root; let the water drain away, and the reed withers very quickly. Its greenness is absolutely dependent upon circumstances; a continuous supply of water makes it flourish, and a drought destroys it at once.
Is this my case? Do I only serve God when I am in good company or when faith is profitable and respectable? Do I love the Lord only when I am enjoying comforts from His hands? If so I am just a hypocrite, and like the withering reed, I will perish when death deprives me of outward joys.
But can I honestly maintain that when there have been few bodily comforts, and my surroundings have been adverse to grace rather than at all helpful to it, I have still maintained my integrity? Then I have hope that there is genuine vital godliness in me.
The reed cannot grow without water, but the Lord's plants can and do flourish even when there is a drought. A godly man often grows best when his worldly circumstances are daunting. He who follows Christ for money is a Judas; those who follow for loaves and fishes are children of the devil; but those who stay close out of love to Himself are His own beloved ones. Lord, let me find my life in You, and not in the shifting sands of this world's favor or gain.

[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 31 Aug 2020, 11:15 pm

GREAT QUOTES on REVIVAL

"I believe there is no doctrine more dangerous to the Church today
than to convey the impression that a revival is something peculiar
in itself and cannot be judged by the same rules of causes and
effect as other things."
- Billy Sunday

"Oh! men and brethren, what would this heart feel if I could but
believe that there were some among you who would go home and
pray for a revival - men whose faith is large enough, and their love
fiery enough to lead them from this moment to exercise unceasing
intercessions that God would appear among us and do wondrous
things here, as in the times of former generations."
~ Charles Spurgeon

"A true revival means nothing less than a revolution, casting out
the spirit of worldliness and selfishness, and making God and His
love triumph in the heart and life."
-Andrew Murray

"The coming revival must begin with a great revival of prayer. It is
in the closet, with the door shut, that the sound of abundance of
rain will first be heard. An increase of secret prayer with ministers
will be the sure harbinger of blessing."
-Andrew Murray

"When is a revival needed? When carelessness and unconcern
keep the people asleep."  - Billy Sunday

"Trying to run a church without revivals can be done when you
can run a gasoline engine on buttermilk." - Billy Sunday

"Revival comes from heaven when heroic souls enter the conflict
determined to win or die-or if need be, to win and die! The kingdom
of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force."
-Charles Finney

"When Holy God draws near in true revival, people come under
terrible conviction of sin. The outstanding feature of spiritual
awakening has been the profound consciousness of the Presence
and holiness of God."
-Henry Blackaby

[size=37]On My Knees[/size]

On my knees,

I reverence God.
How fortunate am I
To have the sacred privilege
To visit, in the sky...

To bring my needs to One Who cares,
To praise and worship true,
And listen well … discovering
The deeds He'd have me do

:copyright: Joan Clifton Costner
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 31 Aug 2020, 1:00 am

raise God for the work of the Holy Spirit throughout this country!

Praise God for the powerful work of the Holy Spirit amongst many prisoners in many of the countries prisons.

A deep spiritual battle is happening in Argentina; please pray for deep spiritual hunger amongst people, and that their thirst and hunger would be satisfied by Christ.

Please continue to pray for unity and trust amongst pastors and church members.

Chaco Amerindians need much prayer. Please pray for the growth and maturing of a strong and vibrant church.

Please pray for:

Prison ministry; many become believers whilst in prison. Please pray that they are true believers when released.

The Jewish community of 200,000. Please pray...

The poor and the upper class: both need Christ. Please pray each community would have an encounter with the living God.

University and school students... the next generation. May they come under the sound of the Gospel.

Immigrants from surrounding countries, especially the Quechua and Aymara. Please pray the Church would reach out to them.

The small Chinese, Buddhist and Muslim communities.

Please pray for all means of sharing the Gospel through literature distribution, website/mobile phone outreach and the Jesus film.

Joshua Project

[size=16]https://joshuaproject.net/countries/AR[/size]

SERMONS

The mirror of eternity by Henry Law

[size=16]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=880993195[/size]

Gods closing call by John MacDuff

[size=16]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=103018053508[/size]

The flea flees by Alastait begg

[size=16]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=821201556375223[/size]

Does this make you want to pray by John weaver

Does This Make You Want to..

Does This Make You Want to..

John Weaver | Trinity Free Presbyterian Church
[size]
[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 29 Aug 2020, 10:48 pm

A Word In Due season

TESTED IN THE STORM

Scripture:  Mark 6:48   "... and Jesus would have passed them by."

Jesus told His disciples to get into the boat and go to the other side of the lake.  It was such a simple instruction, but while they were in the middle of the lake a great storm arose.  Jesus was still on the land and could see that the disciples were in serious trouble.  They were rowing as hard as they could while they struggled against the wind and the waves.  About three o'clock in the morning, Jesus walked toward them on the water and the scripture says that He would have passed them by but they took notice of Him.  His intent was to test their faith.

In their distress, the disciples cried out for help, but at the same time, they were fearful and wondered if they were seeing a ghost.  Jesus spoke three things to them, "Don't be afraid."  "Take courage!"  "I am here!"  When He got into their boat the winds immediately stopped.  The disciples were amazed at this miracle and His power.  Yet just before they had started across the lake, they had witnessed an awesome miracle as Jesus fed the five thousand people with only five loaves of bread and two fish.  The disciples had even participated in this great miracle by distributing the food amongst the people and then afterwards had gathered up the twelve baskets of leftovers.  Yet, even after seeing Jesus multiply the food, they still did not recognize His supernatural power and were amazed that He could walk on the water.

There are several things to take note of in this story.  First, just as Jesus saw the disciples in serious trouble, He sees your circumstances.  He watches you in the midst of the storm as you row and struggle against the winds and waves of adversity.  He knows that you are too far from the shore to get natural help and that your only way out is a supernatural miracle.  Second, Jesus walks towards you and hopes that you will call out to Him.  He wants to help you when you are sinking in a sea of financial problems.  He desires to get into the boat with you when your health is failing and to be your comfort when you are suffering grief.  The Lord wants to help you solve life's issues and restore your broken relationships.  He wants to rescue you from all danger.  He comes near to you and waits for you to call out to Him, but James 4:2 says, "You have not, because you ask not."

How many miracles have we missed because we failed to notice that Jesus was passing by?  He walked on the water toward us but we were too busy rowing and struggling within ourselves to recognize that we just needed Jesus to get into the boat with us.  His very presence in our situation would have calmed our storm.  Yet, we did not reach out for His help even though He said that He would always be there for us.  When we are tested in the storms of life, we need to remember Jesus' Words "Don't be afraid."  "Take courage!"  "I am here!"  Jesus passes our way all the time, let's be ready to call out to Him. +++
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 27 Aug 2020, 9:30 pm

A Word In Due Season

THE PLACE OF REST

Scripture:  Hebrews 3:10-11  "They always go astray in their hearts, and have not known My ways.  In My anger I swore, 'They shall not enter My rest.'"

God promised the Israelites a good and prosperous land that flowed with milk and honey.  He never said that this place would come easy or that there would be no battles.  This prosperous land that God was offering them would have to be possessed by their faith.  It was a sure gift, yet they never entered the Promised Land.  The results of their defeat were not because the battles were too great, but because their faith was too small.  They mixed God's Word with murmuring, complaining, and unbelief instead of mixing it with faith and obedience..

Faith is not something that you struggle with or work up in the natural.  It comes by supernatural impartation by the Holy Spirit as God speaks to your spirit.  Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.  However, many times you may have to face your own limitations and be real with God.  Like the man in Mark 9:24 who requested prayer and deliverance for his demon possessed son, you may have to tell God, "I believe, but please help my unbelief."  God is understanding and He will always be faithful to meet you at your personal point of faith.

All of God's promises to us rest in our faith and obedience to His Word.  He shows us the concept of faith in a natural seed.  You must let go completely when you plant a seed into the ground, leaving it there to rest for a long and dark season.  You cannot dig it up and analyze it every day to see if anything is happening.  You have to cease from your own efforts, rest, and trust God to finish the work.  You cannot bring life to the seed.  Only a miracle can regenerate that seed and cause it to grow.  Your only responsibility is to plant the seed in faith and wait expectantly for the harvest.  God will work underneath the surface and in the darkness of the situation to bring life to the seemingly dead and hopeless seed.  So it is with true faith.  When true faith is planted in God, it will cease from anxiety and will enter a place of rest until God brings forth fruit and life. +++

Turning Lose
Do you dream of the young girl who mounted her horse
And sped, on a bright sunny day,
Over the buffalo grass of the plains;
Down where the fat cattle lay?

Are the mem'ries still there, of a day bright and fair,
When your sweetheart whisked you away ...
And you made a new life, through depression and strife,
Beating the odds of the day?

For it's all gone away, when I look into your eyes,
And you don't know me anymore.
Afraid to ask, yes, and I rue the day
That you won't return to this shore.

I pray for the men who will fight, who will win,
And flay this monster alive.
Memories sweet will bless all our years,
Just as long as we can survive..

Just this day, or the next, in this era of genius;
Someone is bound to find
What is needed so bad - for the best that I had
To remain always in her mind.

You were fine! You were grand! And, I understand
That you stayed just as long as you could.
Blue eyes, open wide. Find Heaven inside,
Where mem'ry's restored for good!

© by Joan Clifton Costner
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 26 Aug 2020, 8:29 pm

[size=48]My Manna

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls, who, when he had found one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46.

The pearl harvesting is an illustration of how the Lord takes us into His "shell" like an irritating grain of sand, and over time, covers us with His beautiful covering, forming us into polished and precious gems for his glory and delight.

This image of sanctification takes the metaphor in one direction: 
But here is another interesting thought. 

The beautiful pearl inside the oyster cannot be seen or enjoyed without a great price being paid. 
The oyster must die. 
It must be torn open in order to find the treasure within. 

This speaks to me of the original foundation and source of our beauty. 

Jesus our Messiah had to be bruised, afflicted, torn and killed so that the beautiful treasures God intended us to be from the beginning, could be discovered and released from the darkness of sin.

Each one of us is a treasure in the Lord's sight. 

We are His pearls of great value for which He paid the highest price! 

What a great honour, even the greatest honour to be called sons and daughters of the Living God! 
Through His sacrifice, we become holy, and obtain the beauty and glory of eternal life.

We so bless the Lord when we radiate the polished beauty He alone can give us. 

Our works shine forth before men, glorifying our Father in Heaven and preparing the way for his coming Kingdom. 

Let's remember who we are and walk with this beautiful radiance!
There are so many people who need to see, and know Him. 
[/size]

A Word In Due Season

THE ARMOR AND PRAYER

Scripture:  Ephesians 6:11 & 18  "Put on the whole armor of God .... Praying with all prayer and supplication in the spirit."

Paul instructed the people to pray with all kinds of prayer in the spirit.  However, he told them before they prayed to put on the whole armor of God.  He emphasized that we do not wrestle with flesh and blood but against principalities, powers, rulers of darkness, and spiritual wickedness.  He then listed the various pieces of the armor of God that are necessary to fight against these spiritual forces.  They are truth, righteousness, the gospel of peace, faith, salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. (Ephesians 6:13-17).  The first thing that we need to consider is that the armor is the "armor of God."  It is not our own armor and does not depend upon our own personal abilities.  This spiritual armor is supernatural.  It comes from God and it bears witness of His strength.

Every piece of the armor of God is necessary and has a definite purpose.  When we wrap ourselves in God's truth, the spirit of deception has no place or authority in our lives.  So the devil cannot deceive us into praying for things that are outside of God's will or contrary to His Word.  The devil will come against us while we are in prayer and tell us that we have no right to pray because we have sinned or fallen short in our daily walk with the Lord.  But when we stand with the breastplate of God's righteousness protecting us, the devil has no room for accusations against us.  Our own righteousness, which is as filthy rags, is displaced by the pure righteousness of God.  Although our sins be as scarlet, we are made as white as snow because Jesus cleanses us from all sin.  This forgiveness allows us to approach God's throne with boldness and without any condemnation.

When our feet are shod with God's gospel of peace, we have a peace that passes all understanding.  This peace enables us to yield ourselves to God in prayer, unreservedly, because we know that all things are going to work out for our good.  As we pray, we can cast all of our cares upon the Lord, knowing that He cares for us.  When faith becomes our shield, it quenches the fiery darts of the devil.  Every doubt that comes against us is destroyed by our faith in God.  Mark 1:24 says, "When you pray, believe."  Doubts may come later, but at the time we pray, our faith must reach out and touch the heart of God.  Faith is supernatural.  It pleases God and receives God's rewards.

Paul also said, "Put on the helmet of salvation."  When you pray you must allow God's helmet of salvation to cover your mind and control your thoughts.  You must focus on God and believe that He will deliver you from every adversity that is coming against you.  Then finally, when you pray, you must take the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.  God's Word is your only offensive weapon.  There is no mightier weapon than to speak the Word of God in prayer because it silences the voices of evil.  Even Jesus used the Word of God when He stood against the devil and declared, “It is written.”

Prayer does make a difference and definitely changes things.  It is a mighty force, and like the force of gravity, we may not be able to explain it, but prayer works.  Prayer is simple communication with God.  A small word of prayer to the Heavenly Father can move a mighty mountain of difficulty.  You can stand, sit, kneel, walk, or run when you pray.  You can be alone or in a vast crowd when you communicate with God.  Your voice can be loud or your whispers can be soft.  It does not matter.  You are communicating spirit to Spirit.  The important thing is that your spiritual man is adorned with truth, righteousness, the gospel of peace, faith, salvation, and also armed with the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.  Your prayers will then be victorious because the forces of Hell cannot come against this mighty armor of God. +++
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 25 Aug 2020, 5:28 pm

A Word In Due Season

THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION POSED

Scripture:  Matthew 16:15  "Whom do you say that I am?"

When this question was posed to Peter, he immediately knew the answer.  Some thought that Jesus was John the Baptist or Elijah who had come back from the dead.  Others believed that Jesus was Jeremiah or one of the other prophets.  But Peter knew the truth.  Jesus told Peter that this revelation did not come to him by flesh and blood.  Instead, the Father in Heaven had revealed to Peter that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the Living God. 

Before His earthly birth, Jesus sat at the right hand of the Father in Heaven and now He sits there again as our intercessor.  Jesus was with the Father when the world was framed and man was created.  He witnessed Lucifer's rebellion when Lucifer declared that he would be like the most high God.  Jesus, then, watched as God cast Lucifer out of Heaven along with one third of the angels.

Jesus Christ was the baby who was wrapped in swaddling clothes and laid in a manger (Luke 2:12).  He was the One that the angels herald and the shepherds came to worship..  A few years later, He was the Christ child that the wise men who journeyed from the East came to honor.  They recognized Him as the King of the Jews and offered Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.  At the age of twelve, Jesus was the young boy who stunned those in the temple with his knowledge and understanding of the scriptures.  He was the obedient son who returned home with His earthly mother and father even though He knew that He was called to do the business of His Heavenly Father.  At the wedding feast in Canaan, He was the respectful son who changed the water into wine in obedience to His mother’s request even though He declared that He was performing this miracle before His appointed time.

Jesus was the multiplier of the fish and bread to the hungry thousands who had followed Him into the desert to hear His teaching.  He was the healer of the blind, deaf, and diseased and He was the deliverer of those who were oppressed and held in demonic bondage.  Jesus was the compassionate Messiah to the woman at the well who was living with a man that was not her husband.  He was the forgiving Lord to the woman who was caught in the sin of adultery.  Jesus was life to Lazarus and the others who had died as He miraculously raised them from the dead.  He was the miracle worker who taught His disciples about faith.  Jesus showed them that it is possible to walk on water and calm the raging seas with just a simple command.  He spoke to His disciples of vision.  Jesus first told them to go out into the deep waters to fish for their provisions, and then later, He told them to go to the entire world to preach the gospel and be fishers of men.  The last thing the Apostle John wrote in his book were these words, "Jesus also did many other things.  If they were all written down, I suppose the whole world could not contain the books that would be written" (John 21:25 - NLT)..

We see Jesus in all of these various aspects of His life but we must individually decide who He is to us.  Our decision will make an eternal difference in our life.  There is only one way to Heaven's promise and that is in believing that Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah, the Son of the Living God, that He sacrificed His life on the cross of Calvary, and that He rose from the dead on the third day.  The entire gospel rests upon these truths and the most important question that you will have to answer is the same question that Jesus asked of Peter.  "Whom do you say that Jesus is?" +++

A Word In Due Season

CAPTAIN OF YOUR SOUL

Scripture:  I Timothy 1:19 (NIV)  "Holding on to faith and a good conscience ... some have rejected these and so have shipwrecked their faith."

The Apostle Paul exhorted Timothy to hold on to the inspired prophetic words that had been spoken over him.  He declared that these words would help him fight a good warfare in the faith.  Paul also told Timothy that if he did not hold on to his faith and keep a good clear conscience that he would face a possible spiritual shipwreck.  Keeping the faith is a constant warfare for all of us, for the devil goes about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.  He is very persistent and presents challenges every day in an effort to cause us to give up on the things of God.  He seeks to lead us astray for he knows that if he can cause us to let go of our faith and good conscience for just one moment, we will become his captive.  He will build strongholds in our minds that suit his agenda and will cause us to experience shipwreck within our soul.

The Message Bible quotes the scripture above in this fashion, "There are some, you know, who by relaxing their grip and thinking anything goes have made a thorough mess of their faith."  It only takes a little relaxing and then we have to deal with doubt.  There is a saying, "Jesus is my co-pilot."  Yet, true faith is total dependence upon God.  It is leaning entirely upon Him with absolute trust and confidence.  The Lord is not our co-pilot; He is the pilot or the captain of our soul.  If we are in charge and He is merely our co-pilot, we are surely headed for a shipwreck.

The story of the Titanic is interesting.  This great ocean liner was supposed to be unsinkable and was on its maiden voyage when it hit an iceberg and sank.  This ship was made by man and also guided by man.  Total faith and confidence had been placed in this vessel, but it ultimately suffered a horrible shipwreck.  This parallels the condition of our faith when we do not listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit, but make our own plans and follow our own ways.  In contrast to the Titanic, the Ark that Noah built was constructed according to God's master plan and was totally guided through the waters by His sovereign hands.  The Ark truly was unsinkable because God was the captain. 

There is nothing worse than having your faith shipwreck on the sea of life.  Natural shipwreck is destruction and utter ruin that happens when the ship gets out of control because it is driven by the raging sea.  Spiritual shipwreck is the same and can happen to any of our lives.  We may think that we are strong in our faith, but in reality there are storms that can come to any of our lives at any time and throw us off course.  None of us would plan a destructive storm for our lives, but nevertheless, we are all vulnerable when the storms suddenly appear.

We must review our faith and confidence each day and determine who is the captain is of our lives and who have we placed our trust in?  Is our faith in our ship, which we think is unsinkable, or is it in the One who made us?  Are we are going to wage a good warfare in the faith or will we allow the storms of life to drive our faith to the ruins of doubt and unbelief?  There will be many rocks and hard places to steer through.  Are we going to follow after God with a clear conscience or are we going to let sin lead us into destruction?  The decision is ours.  Will Jesus be the captain, the co-pilot, or will He have any voice at all?  The only right decision is to yield our lives to God and hold on to His Words of faith as we allow Him to steer our vessel.  It is only as we make Jesus Christ the Lord and Captain of our lives that we can weather the storms of life and not suffer the shipwreck of our soul.  +++
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 23 Aug 2020, 11:25 pm

God Gave Us Dominion

GENESIS 1:26,28 NKJ 26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

God made a decision when He created human beings. He chose to give us dominion on earth.

God had dominion, and He chose to give it to mankind. Notice that God did not say, "Let him (Adam) have dominion." God said, "Let them (both Adam and Eve -- and their descendants) have dominion."

This is something important for us to understand.

PSALM 115:16 NKJ 16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's; But the earth He has given to the children of men.

Dominion is the right to make decisions and to rule. Dominion does not necessarily mean ownership but rulership.

That means what happens on earth is determined by mankind, not by God. Otherwise, God lied in saying that man has dominion.

God honors the choices made by people. By that I mean He allows us to have a free will and to make choices. We are not puppets or robots. Each one of us makes choices and then we must live with the result of our choices.

A question often asked by many is "Why does God allow bad things to happen on earth?" What they need to realize is that humanity allows it. God gave us dominion and with that came responsibility.

God does not change His mind.

ROMANS 11:29 GWN 29 God never changes his mind when he gives gifts or when he calls someone.

PSALM 8:4-6 NKJ 4 What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him? 5 For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor. 6 You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet,

Some teach that God makes all the decisions concerning life and death for humans, but God clearly says we are the ones who must make the choices.

DEUTERONOMY 30:19 NKJ 19 "I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;

If you don't understand what Adam and Eve had, then you cannot clearly understand what you have. God never goes back on His Word. We still have the dominion God gave them because we are their descendants.

SAY THIS: God gave me dominion that I am responsible to exercise on earth.

A Devotion

2Ch 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Careless shepherds make many a feast for the wolf. 

WHICH YOKE TO WEAR    
"The yoke of my offenses is bound fast, lashed tight and woven by HIS hand; imposed upon my neck, it saps my strength. The LORD has delivered me into the hands of those I cannot withstand." [Lamentations(Ekhah) 1. 14 Tanakh, Kethuvim] 

The unsaved person wears a yoke of sin. The religious legalist wears ayoke of bondage and is encouraged to "stand fast" so as not to become entangled into sin again. [Galatians 5. 1] A follower of CHRIST, who depends on the grace of GOD MOST HIGH, wears the liberating yoke of the LORDY’SHUA. [Matthew 1. 29 - 30] 

"Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?"[2 Corinthians 6. 14 - 15] This text is precise and specifically plain regarding the doctrine of Christian separation from unbelievers. The believer should completely avoid evil teachings and errors or their practices; they should also turn away from all association with those who do such things; and they should never enter into a binding relationship of any kind with non-Christians. 

The unequally yoked involves the actual fellowship, communion, and physical union with unbelievers. This is actually forbidden by Law, for how"can two walk together without being in agreement?" [Amos (Amus3:3Tanakh, Nevi'im] This clearly includes marriage, business partnership, or other formal bonds with individuals. Those who do not believe in MESSIAHY’SHUA, are either knowingly or unknowingly affected by pagan beliefs or practices. "Therefore, if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But GOD hascalled us to peace." [1 Corinthians 7. 15] Instead of such an unbalanced, deranged yoke, we should be joined only to the Lord Y’SHUA ha'MASHIACHand associate with His like-minded followers, for JESUS said— "Myoke is easy, and Mburden is light." [Matthew 11. 30] Perfect are all HIS ways. 

Sha'alu (Pray) for the Shalom (Peace) of Jerusalem and all of Israel!
”The end of all things is at hand; therefore, be serious and watchful in your prayers.”1 Peter 4:7
Bidding farewell to Sabbath! Thank YOU LORD GOD for filling the heart with marvelous joy and peace, for giving us strength of faith in YOU for even greater tasks.
 Our confidence rests solely in YOU, our GREAT, ETERNAL, WONDERFUL LORD.. YOURS, O LORD, is the greatness and the power, the glory, and the victory, and the majesty; for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is YOURS; YOURS is the Kingdom, O LORD, and YOU are exalted above all. YOU are the LIFE of all, the HELP of those that flee to YOU, the HOPE of those who cry to YOU. Cleanse us from our sins, secret and open, and from every thought displeasing to YOUR goodness  purify our bodies and souls, our hearts and consciences, that with a pure heart, and a clear soul, with perfect love and calm hope, we may venture confidently and fearlessly to pray to YOU. Amen
Tov Shavua — Have a good week! 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next