World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 34 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptyYesterday at 11:39 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptyYesterday at 11:35 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptyYesterday at 10:44 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptyYesterday at 10:37 pm by Admin

» The Holocaust and Faith
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptyYesterday at 10:26 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptyYesterday at 9:52 pm by Admin

» israelAM
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptyYesterday at 9:43 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptyYesterday at 9:35 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptyYesterday at 7:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 9:44 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptySun 05 May 2024, 10:07 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptySun 05 May 2024, 8:06 pm by Admin

» AISH
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptySun 05 May 2024, 6:50 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 11:13 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:56 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE!

Go down

DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE! Empty DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE!

Post  Admin Sun 29 Dec 2013, 9:09 pm

Duck, Duck, Goose!
Posted by: Lea Speyer  December 26, 2013 , 4:19 pm
There was this game I loved to play when I was little called “Duck Duck Goose”. For those not familiar with the game, all the children playing sit around in a circle. One player is assigned to be the main duck. The main duck walks around the circle, tapping each person on the head, calling them a duck at the same time. I will be the first to admit that I may have tapped some kids I may not have really liked a little harder than necessary but I digress. Once the main duck decides who they want to be the goose, they tap that person on the head and yell “goose!” This results in a high spirited chase around the circle, the goose chasing the duck.
If the duck lands safely in the spot of the goose, everyone is safe and a new round starts. However, if the duck is caught by the goose, the goose must undergo what is called “mush”. Mush is every child’s nightmare when playing this innocent game. The caught duck is forced to sit in the middle of the circle while all the players shove the caught duck in all directions, yelling “Mush! Mush! Mush!” picking on and bullying the caught duck.
When I was thinking about the controversy regarding Duck Dynasty leader Phil Robertson and his outspoken comments in a recent GQ magazine interview, I couldn’t help but think of one of my favorite childhood games and how much Israel can sympathize with Robertson. Here is a man who holds certain values and beliefs and is being openly “mushed”. While people may or may not agree with Robertson, the fact that a person is not allowed to speak his mind and is being publicly crucified for standing up for what he believes in is quite disturbing. I am not advocating for a particular stance on Robertson’s comments.
Rather, I am arguing that a basic human right of any individual is that of freedom of speech and being able to defend what they believe as long as it does not lead to violence or incitement. To read and watch the media in the United States dare to disgrace a man for honestly answering a question about his personal beliefs is shameful.

Taking a step back and looking at the overall message of the Duck Dynasty controversy, one of the main things that comes to mind is how the state of Israel is the poor goose caught in the middle of the circle, constantly being “mushed” by the international community. The international community, especially the UN, is more often than not critical and condemning of Israel. The UN has passed more resolutions against Israel than any other UN member country.

UN Watch president Hillel Neuer has said that “The UN’s drumbeat of excessive, disproportionate and one-sided condemnations of Israel causes polarization, threatens to push the parties further apart and is counterproductive to the already fragile peace process.”
Many media outlets are on watchdog alert, ready to pounce and attack Israel. When news of new settlements are announced, the government is forced to justify its actions. The idea of allowing homes to be built on land that legally belongs to the country falls on deaf ears. When terrorists from Gaza launch rockets on Israeli cities, stab policemen, attempt to blow up buses, and murder innocent Israeli’s, Israel must explain why it wants to defend itself.
The case of Phil Robertson is a small taste of what Israel must undergo each and every day against a much larger enemy. It is unfortunate that the only democracy in the Middle East, a country that protects the rights of its citizens, is constantly harassed by the rest of the world for every perceived infraction. The world waits on baited breath for some excuse to force Israel into a corner, accusations ready on its lips. Israel needs to strengthen itself against its critics, stop justifying its decisions, and cease being the goose of the world stage.

Read more at http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/duck-duck-goose/#Iy0bDmcMeA2IVu6J.99
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down