World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» ABOUT Farm Fresh Eggs & Chickens
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptyYesterday at 11:57 pm by Admin

»  "Bring Them Home" protests heat up,
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptyYesterday at 11:50 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptyYesterday at 11:12 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptyYesterday at 10:58 pm by Admin

» IsraelAM
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptyYesterday at 10:50 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptyYesterday at 10:39 pm by Admin

» AISH
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptyYesterday at 10:02 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptyYesterday at 9:49 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptyYesterday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Admin

» Whose Land know the truth
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptyYesterday at 6:57 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptyYesterday at 6:47 pm by Admin

» OBAMA AGAIN
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptyYesterday at 6:45 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptyYesterday at 1:21 am by Admin

» The Risks of (AI) Artificial Intelligence
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptyYesterday at 12:37 am by Admin

» A Lenten Prayer to Bring Beauty from Ashes - Easter Devotional - March 17
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 9:50 pm by Admin

» CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC
I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 5:54 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER?

3 posters

Go down

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? Empty Re: I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER?

Post  Admin Fri 06 Apr 2018, 9:36 pm

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? Alabas11
Scriptures about the Women and Spices
These scriptures make it clear. There was a day between the Annual Sabbath and the Weekly Sabbath the year of the death of Jesus.
Click on the link below to see the series of events at the tomb the year of the death of Jesus.

Luke 23:56
And they (the women) returned (from the tomb), and prepared spices and ointments; and (then) rested the (Annual) sabbath day according to the commandment.
The women returned home from the tomb before sunset the day of Nisan 14. They prepared spices and then rested on the Annual High Sabbath of Nisan 15 when it began at sunset on Nisan 14.
Jesus died at 3 PM. The Annual High Sabbath didn't begin until sunset. There was enough time to remove His body from the cross, place it in the tomb, for the women to make an observation and then return to where they were staying probably in Jerusalem and prepare spices they already had before the Sabbath began. The tomb of Jesus was just outside the walls of the city of Jerusalem.
Mark 16:1
Now when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, that they might come and anoint Him.
When the Annual Sabbath - the First Day of Passover - Nisan 15: 14/15 was past. Mary Magdalene, Mary the Mother of Jesus and Salome who was the sister of the Mother of Jesus, went together and bought more spices.
Mary Magdalene, Mary the Mother of Jesus and Other Women
Found the Tomb Empty on Sunday Morning.
Mark 16:1 - King James Version (KJV)
And when the (Annual) sabbath (Nisan 15 - the First Day of Passover) was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, (Mary the Mother of Jesus) and Salome, (the sister of the Mother of Jesus) had bought sweet spices, (bought more spices) that they might come and anoint him.
These women went to the tomb to see where the body of Jesus was laid after He was removed from the cross. After resting on the Annual Sabbath of Nisan 15 they bought more spices on Nisan 16 although they already had some spices.
Mark 16 - King James Version (KJV)
2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, (early Sunday morning) they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.
Mary Magdalene, Mary the Mother of Jesus and Salome the Sister of the Mother of Jesus were at the tomb of Jesus on the fourth day of Passover - Nisan 18 - at sunrise on Sunday in 30 AD.

These scriptures make it clear. There was a day between the Annual Sabbath and the Weekly Sabbath the year of the death of Jesus.
Click on the link below to see the series of events at the tomb the year of the death of Jesus.

Luke 23:56
And they (the women) returned (from the tomb), and prepared spices and ointments; and (then) rested the (Annual) sabbath day according to the commandment.
The women returned home from the tomb before sunset the day of Nisan 14. They prepared spices and then rested on the Annual High Sabbath of Nisan 15 when it began at sunset on Nisan 14.
Jesus died at 3 PM. The Annual High Sabbath didn't begin until sunset. There was enough time to remove His body from the cross, place it in the tomb, for the women to make an observation and then return to where they were staying probably in Jerusalem and prepare spices they already had before the Sabbath began. The tomb of Jesus was just outside the walls of the city of Jerusalem.
Mark 16:1
Now when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, that they might come and anoint Him.
When the Annual Sabbath - the First Day of Passover - Nisan 15: 14/15 was past. Mary Magdalene, Mary the Mother of Jesus and Salome who was the sister of the Mother of Jesus, went together and bought more spices.
Mary Magdalene, Mary the Mother of Jesus and Other Women
Found the Tomb Empty on Sunday Morning.
Mark 16:1 - King James Version (KJV)
And when the (Annual) sabbath (Nisan 15 - the First Day of Passover) was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, (Mary the Mother of Jesus) and Salome, (the sister of the Mother of Jesus) had bought sweet spices, (bought more spices) that they might come and anoint him.
These women went to the tomb to see where the body of Jesus was laid after He was removed from the cross. After resting on the Annual Sabbath of Nisan 15 they bought more spices on Nisan 16 although they already had some spices.
Mark 16 - King James Version (KJV)
2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, (early Sunday morning) they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.
Mary Magdalene, Mary the Mother of Jesus and Salome the Sister of the Mother of Jesus were at the tomb of Jesus on the fourth day of Passover - Nisan 18 - at sunrise on Sunday in 30 AD.

Women at the Tomb of Jesus
Women at the Tomb of Jesus in 30 AD Also click here to see even more complete information: Death of Jesus - Question First Time was right after His death Nisan 14 Jesus was tried and sentenced to death the evening of Nisan 13 that begins the morning of the day of Nisan 14. He was turned over for exe…
FORUMS.DELPHIFORUMS.COM
http://forums.delphiforums.com/jesusplace/messages?msg=11467.1

To understand the 3rd day we need to remember the difference of Hebrew Calendar this can also be understood by the Hebrew-watch i.e. 1st watch; 2nd watch; 3rd watch; 4th watch; Please Click the link
http://www.torahcalendar.com/hour.asp
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ironman Mon 01 Feb 2016, 8:06 pm

Thank you. To further answer the opening poster, Easter sprang from the fountain of Babylon. It is not a Christian name, since its derivation is from "Ishtar," one of the Babylonian titles of the Queen of Heaven. It was the worship of this woman by Israel which was such an abomination in the sight of God (1 Sam. 7:3; Jer. 44:18). Round cakes, imprinted with the sign of the cross, were made for this festival, the sign being, in the Babylonian mysteries, a sign of life. This day was observed centuries before Christ, and is possibly a factor in the origin of our Easter and hot cross buns.
ironman
ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 01 Feb 2016, 5:51 pm

ironman wrote:Easter is a pagan holy day, nothing to do with the death of Jesus or His resurection day.

If Jesus died and was buried just before sunset Friday, that will make one night and one day from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset.Then Saturday sunset to Sunday sunset would be another day and night, but Jesus rose from the dead on Saturday night, just before Sunrise Sunday Morning according to John 20:1.

"And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun." (Mark 16:2),

"Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils" (Mark 16:9),

"Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them." (Luke 24:1),

"The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre." (John 20:1),

What happened to the other one or two days and nights Jesus said He would be in the tomb????

Jesus does not lie! Nor does Jesus try to dupe or confuse His followers! Were are these missing days and nights?????
Christ said he would be three days and three nights in the grave.
This should prove it.

Jesus died on Wednesday and was put in the tomb before sunset that day.
He remained dead in the tomb Wednesday night, all day Thursdsay, Thursday night, all day Friday, Friday Night, and all day Saturday.

Jesus was resurrected early morning of the first day of the week, Sunday, so looks like its "Good Wednesday from now on instead of Good Friday. Smile
Hi Ironman,
I agree Easter is a Pagan Festival and nothing to do with the Resurrection of Jesus. I agree with much of what you have said, what we need to keep in mind is the need to go with Hebrew Calendar and Timing associated with the Jewish Watch.
I help our at Jesus' Place Delphi Forum and Brenda (BG311) the Host is very learned in Hebrew dates and Festivals. It would be good if you would like to join.
Here is Link to one of the threads with some details.
First Day of Passover (Pesach) - Nisan 15

Annual High Sabbath
begins at sunset on Nisan 14

Wednesday Year of Exodus
Wednesday Year of Death of Jesus

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? Slide1

Memorial – Celebration - Nisan 14/15 – Night Hours

Exodus from Egypt:
Blood of the Passover Lamb applied to door posts

Exodus from Bondage of Sin –
Blood of Jesus applied to the heart

Passover - Nisan 15-21
Annual Sabbaths (2) - Saturday Sabbath

Six Days Unleavened Bread (Nisan 14 until Nisan 21)
First Fruits of Barley Harvest - Nisan 16 
Third Day of Passover (Pesach) – Nisan 17

Resurrection of Jesus

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? Jesus_tomb270309_01

Empty Tomb on Sunday

Resurrection most likely around 3 PM on
Weekly Saturday Sabbath in 30 AD
3 days and 3 nights from His death at 3 PM
on Wednesday, Nisan 14, April 3 

The resurrection of Jesus was on the Third Day:
Day 3 of Passover - Nisan 17, April 6.
Source http://forums.delphiforums.com/jesusplace/messages?msg=15380.1
Blessings Elaine
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? Empty JESUS DIED IN WEDNESDAY NOT FRIDAY?

Post  ironman Mon 01 Feb 2016, 1:54 am

Easter is a pagan holy day, nothing to do with the death of Jesus or His resurection day.

If Jesus died and was buried just before sunset Friday, that will make one night and one day from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset.Then Saturday sunset to Sunday sunset would be another day and night, but Jesus rose from the dead on Saturday night, just before Sunrise Sunday Morning according to John 20:1.

"And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun." (Mark 16:2),

"Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils" (Mark 16:9),

"Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them." (Luke 24:1),

"The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre." (John 20:1),

What happened to the other one or two days and nights Jesus said He would be in the tomb????

Jesus does not lie! Nor does Jesus try to dupe or confuse His followers! Were are these missing days and nights?????
Christ said he would be three days and three nights in the grave.
This should prove it.

Jesus died on Wednesday and was put in the tomb before sunset that day.
He remained dead in the tomb Wednesday night, all day Thursdsay, Thursday night, all day Friday, Friday Night, and all day Saturday.

Jesus was resurrected early morning of the first day of the week, Sunday, so looks like its "Good Wednesday from now on instead of Good Friday. Smile
ironman
ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  clark thompson Wed 23 Apr 2014, 11:56 am

It was a tool by those who owned stores to make money, it is not biblical.

clark thompson

Back to top Go down

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? Empty I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER?

Post  Admin Sat 19 Apr 2014, 10:45 pm

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND EASTER? Collagejohn316
I can't understand why People Celebrate Easter with Choc Egg \Bunnies etcs witthout  finding out WHY
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down