World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 46 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 46 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyYesterday at 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyYesterday at 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyYesterday at 11:43 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyYesterday at 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyYesterday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyYesterday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyYesterday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyYesterday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyYesterday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Handy Tips and Household hints EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Handy Tips and Household hints

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Handy Tips and Household hints Empty Re: Handy Tips and Household hints

Post  Admin Sun 26 Dec 2010, 5:02 pm

For those wintry days look after our feathered friends.

Decorate a Tree for the Birds
Decorate an outdoor evergreen with bird treats, such as strands of cranberries, popcorn, and peanuts in the shells. Hang "ornaments" of pine cones filled with a mixture of peanut butter, suet, cornmeal, wild bird seed, and raisins.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 20 Dec 2010, 6:13 pm

Q&A: Succession Planting
Question: Do you have any suggestions for succession plantings for crops as such as peas, brassicas, lettuce and spinach? I live in zone 4 and can usually get these crops planted by late March; the harvest is over by mid June. Would vining crops such as melons work well between my pea trellises? What about planting tomatoes or peppers in between these rows?

Answer: Succession planting is a terrific way to stretch the season and get the most out of your vegetable garden. If you begin with cool-season crops, you can follow them with warm-season crops. Then, in mid- to late summer you can sow seed for fall crops. Early spring crops include spinach, lettuce, peas, onions, beets, radishes, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, chard, and kale. After the last frost date, begin transplanting peppers, sweet corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, snap beans, and squash between the early-planted rows. In late summer, sow a second planting of your spring crops. You can intercrop by transplanting seedlings between the more mature plants, or you can wait until the summer crop is harvested and broadcast seed over the empty spots. Be sure to work in lots of organic matter as vacancies occur in your garden, to help replenish nutrients.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Dec 2010, 2:23 pm

Q&A: Tobacco Mosaic Virus
Question: What are the symptoms of tobacco mosaic virus, how does the disease spread, is there a possiblity of a tobacco chewer starting an outbreak?

Answer: Mosaic infects members of the nightshade family which includes tomatoes and many common weeds along with cucumbers, melons, squash, pumpkin, pepper, spinach, and many other vegetables, flowers, and weeds. Symptoms of a virus infection include light and dark green mottled areas on the leaves, unusual leaf thickening, stunting, and sometimes distorted, fernlike foliage. Although the virus doesn't usually kill plants, it can reduce yields dramatically, and if affected plants are allowed to remain in the garden, the virus can persist for years in the soil. Mosaic virus is spread by contact -- by gardeners, visitors, or insects. It would be possible, for example, for tomato plants to be infected with the virus after being touched by a person who smokes or chews or by contact with any form of tobacco. Insects may also transmit it from plant to plant. The control measures are basically related to garden sanitation and prevention. Some gardeners will actually exclude all tobacco and people who handle it from the garden, but in any case remove infected plants and burn them, control surrounding weeds, wash your hands and tools with detergent, use fresh soil and clean equipment for seedlings or if you purchase them be sure they are virus free, grow resistant varieties. In some instances controlling insect pests will also help.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 02 Oct 2010, 10:16 am

Subject: Driving in the rain . .This may save your life
GOOD VISION IN A DOWNPOUR ..........
How to achieve good vision while driving during a heavy downpour.
We are not sure why it is so effective; just try this method when it rains heavily. This method was told by a Police friend who had experienced and confirmed it.
It is useful...even driving at night. Most of the motorists would turn on HIGH or FASTEST SPEED of the wipers during heavy downpour, yet the visibility in front of the windshield is still bad..
In the event you face such a situation, just try your SUN GLASSES (any model will do), and miracle! All of a sudden, your visibility in front of your windshield is perfectly clear, as if there is no rain..
Make sure you always have a pair of SUN GLASSES in your car, as you are not only helping yourself to drive safely with good vision, but also might save your friend's life by giving him this idea.
Try it yourself and share it with your friends! Amazingly, you still see the drops on the windshield, but not the sheet of rain falling.
You can see where the rain bounces off the road. It works to eliminate the "blindness" from passing semis spraying you, too.
Or the "kickup" if you are following a semi or car in the rain. They ought to teach that little tip in driver's training.. It really does work. This warning is a good one! I wonder how many people know about this.
A 36-year-old female had an accident several weeks ago and totalled her car. A resident of Kilgore, Texas she was travelling between Gladewater & Kilgore. It was raining, though not excessively, when her car suddenly began to hydro-plane, and literally flew through the air. She was not seriously injured, but very stunned at the sudden occurrence!
When she explained to the highway patrolman what had happened, he told her something that every driver should know - NEVER DRIVE IN THE RAIN WITH YOUR CRUISE CONTROL ON. She thought she was being cautious by setting the cruise control and maintaining a safe, consistent speed in the rain.
But the highway patrolman told her that, if the cruise control is on when your car begins to hydro-plane and your tires lose contact with the pavement, your car will accelerate to a higher rate of speed, making you take off like an aeroplane. She told the patrolman that was exactly what had occurred.
The patrolman said this warning should be listed on the driver's seat
sun-visor - NEVER USE THE CRUISE CONTROL WHEN THE PAVEMENT IS WET OR ICY, along with the airbag warning. We tell our teenagers to set the cruise control and drive a safe speed - but we don't tell them to use the cruise control only when the pavement is dry.
The only person the accident victim found, who knew this (besides the patrolman), was a man who had a similar accident, totalled his car, and sustained severe injuries.
NOTE: Some vehicles (like the Toyota Sienna Limited XLE) will not allow you to set the cruise control when the windshield wipers are on. If you send this to 15 people and only one of them doesn't know about this, then it was all worth it.
You might have saved a life.
I will add on time to wear your sunglasses.. ...in the fog....having lived in the mountains for the past 35 yrs I see a lot of fog.....I wear the bronze colored glasses, you put them on and it cuts through the fog as well....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 Jul 2010, 12:09 pm

Q&A: Preserving Herbs in Oil
Question: I have a basil plant and I want to store the leaves I harvest in oil in a bottle to give as gifts. Does it matter what kind of oil I use?

Answer: Although this method of preservation has been used in the past, it is no longer considered a safe method of preserving herbs. Instead, you might consider using a good quality vinegar (stuff the jar with basil, add vinegar to cover, strain before use) or drying the basil and other herbs and creating homemade herb mixes.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:51 am

Flexible Vacuum

To get something out of a heat register or under the fridge add an empty paper towel roll or empty gift wrap roll to your vacuum.

It can be bent or flattened to get in narrow openings.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:51 am

Foggy Windshield?

Hate foggy windshields? Buy a chalkboard eraser and keep it in the glove box of your car. When the windows fog, rub with the eraser! Works better than a cloth!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:50 am

Broken Glass

Use a wet cotton ball or Q-tip to pick up the small shards of glass you can't see easily.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:50 am

Reopening Envelope

If you seal an envelope and then realize you forgot to include something inside, just place your sealed envelope in the freezer for an hour or two. Viola! It unseals easily.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:49 am

Newspaper Weeds Away

Start putting in your plants; work the nutrients in your soil. Wet newspapers put layers around the plants overlapping as you go cover with mulch and forget about weeds. Weeds will get through some gardening plastic they will not get through wet newspapers.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:49 am

Reducing Static Cling

Pin a small safety pin to the seam of your slip and you will not have a clingy skirt or dress. Same thing works with slacks that cling when wearing panty hose. Place pin in seam of slacks and -- ta da! -- static is gone.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:48 am

Conditioner

Use your hair conditioner to shave your legs. It's a lot cheaper than shaving cream and leaves your legs really smooth. It's also a great way to use up the conditioner you bought but didn't like when you tried it in your hair...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Handy Tips and Household hints Empty INFO ABOUT CLOTHES DRYERS

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:47 am

INFO ABOUT CLOTHES DRYERS

The heating unit went out on my dryer! The gentleman that fixes things around the house for us told us that he wanted to show us something and he went over to the dryer and pulled out the lint filter. It was clean. (I always clean the lint from the filter after every load clothes.) He told us that he wanted to show us something; he took the filter over to the sink, ran hot water over it. The lint filter is made of a mesh material - I'm sure you know what your dryer's lint filter looks like. well...the hot water just sat on top of the mesh! It didn't go through it at all! He told us that dryer sheets cause a film over that mesh that's what burns out the heating unit. You can't SEE the film, but it's there. It's what is in the dryer sheets to make your clothes soft and static free -- that nice fragrance too, you know how they can feel waxy when you take them out of the box, well this stuff builds up on your clothes and on your lint screen. This is also what causes dryer units to catch fire & potentially burn your house down with it! He said the best way to keep your dryer working for a very long time
(& to keep your electric bill lower)
is to take that filter out & wash it with hot soapy water & an old toothbrush (or other brush) at least every six months. He said that makes the life of the dryer at least twice as long! How about that!?! Learn something new everyday! I certainly didn't know dryer sheets would do that. So, I thought I'd share! Note: I went to my dryer & tested my screen by running water on it. The water ran through a little bit but mostly collected all the water in the mesh screen. I washed it with warm soapy water & a nylon brush & I had it done in 30 seconds. Then when I rinsed it the water ran right thru the screen! There wasn't any puddling at all! That repairman knew what he was talking about!

Tip from a cyber buddie
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Handy Tips and Household hints Empty DO YOU KNOW?

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:47 am

DO YOU KNOW?
Peel a banana from the bottom and you won't have to pick the little “stringy things" off of it. That's how the primates do it. Take your bananas apart when you get home from the store. If you leave them connected at the stem, they ripen faster.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Handy Tips and Household hints Empty PC TIP

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:45 am

Here is a very helpful tip concerning worm viruses you could get in an email:

As you may know, if a worm virus gets into your computer, it heads straight
for your email address book and sends itself to everyone in there, thus
infecting all your friends and associates. This tip won't keep the virus from
getting into your computer, but it will stop it from using your address book
to spread itself further, and it will alert you to the fact that a worm virus
has gotten into your system.

Here's what you do:

1. Open your address book and add a "New Contact" just as you would do if
you were adding someone to your list of email addresses;

2. In the window where you would type your contact's first name, type !000
(that's an exclamation mark followed by 3 zeros);

3. In the box where you would enter the email address, type WormAlert;

4. Clickdd;

5. Then, click OK.

Now, here's what you've done and why it works: The name !000 will appear at
the top of your email list as entry number:

A. This is the first email address a worm virus will find when it tries to
send all of your friends a virus infected email. But because the 1st email
address is invalid, it will be undeliverable, and the worm virus stops any
further attempts to access your address book.

B. The second advantage of this tip is that you will be notified when an
email cannot be delivered because of an invalid email address. You will
receive an email telling you that your email to "WormAlert" could
not be delivered. If you get this message, you'll know right away that you've
got a worm virus in your system. You can then take the appropriate steps to get
rid of it. Just knowing that you even have a virus is half the battle.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Handy Tips and Household hints Empty PUMPING GAS

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:43 am

A very interesting forward.
TIPS ON PUMPING GAS

I don't know what you guys are paying for gasoline.... but here in California we are also paying higher, up to $3.50 per gallon. But my line of work is in petroleum for about 31 years now, so here are some tricks to get more of your money's worth for every gallon…

Here at the Kinder Morgan Pipeline where I work in San Jose, CA we deliver about 4 million gallons in a 24-hour period thru the pipeline. One day is diesel the next day is jet fuel, and gasoline, regular and premium grades. We have 34-storage tanks here with a total capacity of 16,800,000 gallons.

Only buy or fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense the gasoline, when it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying in the afternoon or in the evening...your gallon is not exactly a gallon. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline, diesel and jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products plays an important role.

A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.

When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode. If you look you will see that the trigger has three (3) stages: low, middle, and high. In slow mode you should be pumping on low speed, thereby minimizing the vapors that are created while you are pumping. All hoses at the pump have a vapor return. If you are pumping on the fast rate, some other! Liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapor. Those vapors are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your money.

One of the most important tips is to fill up when your gas tank is HALF FULL or HALF EMPTY. The reason for this is, the more gas you have in your tank the less air occupying its empty space. Gasoline evaporates faster than you can imagine. Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the gas and the atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation. Unlike service stations, here where I work, every truck that we load is temperature compensated so that every gallon is actually the exact amount.

Another reminder, if there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT fill up--most likely the gasoline is being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up some of the dirt that normally settles on the bottom. Hope this will help you get the most value for your money.

DO SHARE THESE TIPS WITH OTHERS!
WHERE TO BUY USA GAS, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON

Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even be good for us! The Saudis are boycotting American goods. We should return the favor.

An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS.

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil.

These companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell....... ......... ......... .. 205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco. ........ 144,332,000 barrels

Exxon /Mobil...... ......... 130,082,000 barrels

Marathon/Speedway. .. 117,740,000 barrels

Amoco....... ......... ......... ....62,231, 000 barrels

Citgo gas is from South America, from a Dictator who hates Americans. If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION! (Oil is now $90 - $100 a barrel

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco...... ......... ...0 barrels

Conoco...... ......... ....0 barrels

Sinclair.... ......... ....0 barrels

B P/Phillips.. ......... .0 barrels

Hess........ ......... ......0 barrels

ARC0........ ......... ....0 barrels

If you go to Sunoco.com <http://sunoco. com/> , you will get a list of the station locations near you.

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers. It's really simple to do.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:42 am

Add a teaspoon of water when frying ground beef. It will help pull the grease away from the meat while cooking.

Store your opened chunks of cheese in aluminum foil. It will stay fresh much longer and not mold!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Handy Tips and Household hints Empty Pests away

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:40 am

Get Rid of Ants

Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it "home," can't digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, especially if it rains, but it works & you don't have the worry about pets or small children being harmed!

No More Mosquitoes

Place a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep the mosquitoes away.

Goodbye Fruit Flies

To get rid of pesky fruit flies, take a small glass fill it 1/2" with Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 drops of dish washing liquid, mix well. You will find those flies drawn to the cup and gone forever!
Squirrel Away!

To keep squirrels from eating your plants sprinkle your plants with cayenne pepper. The cayenne pepper doesn't hurt the plant and the squirrels won't come near it.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:38 am

LYCOPENE - TOMATOES

Posted by: "regal1d"

HEY, FOLKS!

It has been a long while since our fearless leader "Q" has posted. In
his absence, this week, I will revisit a post that he made some time
ago, regarding LYCOPENE. The news is buzzing with warnings and
pending investigations into disease ridden tomatoes in the
marketplace. Most of us eat tomatoes regularly, and know if positive
role in a healthy, balanced diet. Let's see what "Q" had to say in a
prior posting about LYCOPENE, and sources (other than the tomato) of
gaining this important nutrient.

Per "Q"……
"Lycopene is not really a particular herb. It is a nutrient found in
red vegetables. Lycopene is a phytonutrient .... nutrient besides the
usual vitamins and minerals found in plants. It is usually found in
red fruits and veggies. Lycopene is the natural chemical that gives
tomatoes their red color, can kill mouth cancer cells. Scientist in
Israel were using Lycopene as an "inert control" substance in the
testing of another substance. But when they added Lycopene to the
Petri dish, oral cancer cells started to die.

An increased intake of Lycopene has already been linked to a reduced
risk of breast, prostate, pancreas and colorectal cancer. It may be
one of the factors that make the Mediterranean diet so healthful.

Lycopene is a carotenoid that is good for the prostate. Researchers
have found that Lycopene's antioxidant activity may aid in reversing
the malignant process.

Researchers at the University of North Carolina have suggested that
Lycopene in the diet might reduce the risk of heart attacks. Dr Tim
Key, a senior epidemiologist at Imperial Cancer Research Fund, told
BBC News Online: "This study adds to the evidence that Lycopene has
some biological effects which might, in theory, reduce the risk for
cancer."

Lycopene is readily available in foods as tomato sauce and tomato
paste. It is concentrated by cooking tomatoes. (tomato paste) The good
news... cooking does not destroy Lycopene. For proper absorption, the
body also needs some oil along with Lycopene, and so the
recommendation to eat ketchup and pizza is not as absurd as it first
sounds.

Recent studies suggest that women who eat high levels of tomatoes and
processed tomato products--like
ketchup or tomato sauce--are less likely to have breast cancer. The
evidence also suggests that some breast cancer patients had very low
levels of Lycopene. Researchers believe that the processed tomatoes
actually have more Lycopene than fresh tomatoes. WOW!!! An excuse to
eat processed food???

A recent study published in the Journal of the National Cancer
Institute ("Intake of Carotenoids and Retinol in Relation to Risk of
Prostate Cancer") found that men who ate cooked tomato products were
less likely to develop prostate cancer. Researchers found that men who
consumed 10 or more servings of tomato-based foods a week were up to
45 percent less likely to develop prostate cancer. Cooked tomato
products offered protective benefits, but raw tomatoes and tomato
juice were found to offer little or no protection. The cooking process
breaks down the tomatoes' cell walls and releases more Lycopene.

Apparently the body absorbs the antioxidant more effectively when the
tomatoes have been processed. Get all the tomato paste and ketchup
(catsup) that you can.

Other sources of Lycopene are pink grapefruits, watermelons, and
guavas and of course, Lycopene capsules can be purchased at your local
health food store."

I am sure that "Q" will "weigh in" in the next few days, to comment
on this posting and to, perhaps provide additional insight for us all.
In the interim, remember that you can research anything mentioned on
this site yourself. Two good search engines are
www.mamma.com
www.google.com.
Enter one keyword or more and away you go.

Until next time remember .... most illness (upwards of 80% according
to experts) can be attributed to FOUR important factors that can
weaken your immune system and your ability to fight off disease:

1. Anxiety, depression, anger, guilt and other STRESS factors. LEARN
TO FORGIVE AND LET GO

2. Improper and/or inadequate NUTRITION habits. LEARN TO AVOID
PROCESSED AND/OR REFINED FOODS

3. A sedentary lifestyle that does not include enough EXERCISE. FIND
SOME KIND OF PHYSICALLY ENGAGING ACTIVITY IF IT IS NOTHING BUT MORNING
OR EVENING WALKS.

4. Not enough rest and quality SLEEP time. GO TO BED and
REMEMBER…"EARLY TO BED AND EARLY TO RISE; MAKES A MAN HEALTHY,
WEALTHY AND WISE"

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - Required by the FDA. The statements on this page
have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and these
statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any
disease.

It s been quite a while since I have received Herb of the week from "Q" which I have post in Our Holy Spirit Temples Forum
Elaine
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:37 am

For a cool brownie treat, make brownies as directed. Melt Andes mints in double broiler and pour over warm brownies. Let set for a wonderful minty frosting.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Handy Tips and Household hints Empty Cars

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:35 am

Car Keys - Good Tip For You
PUT YOUR CAR KEYS BESIDE YOUR BED AT NIGHT
--Neighborly tip--

Put your car keys beside your bed at night. If you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic button for your car. The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies.
This tip came from a neighborhood watch coordinator. Next time you come home for the night and you start to put your keys away, think of this: It's a security alarm system that you probably already have and requires no installation.
Test it. It will go off from most everywhere inside your house and will keep honking until your battery runs down or until you reset it with the button on the key fob chain. It works if you park in your driveway or garage.
If your car alarm goes off when someone is trying to break in your house, odds are the burglar or rapist won't stick around... after a few seconds all the neighbors will be looking out their windows to see who is out there and sure enough the criminal won't want that.
And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot. The alarm can work the same way there..... This is something that should really be shared with everyone. Maybe it could save a life or a sexual abuse crime.
P.S. I am sending this to everyone I know because I think it is fantastic. Would also be useful for any emergency, such as a heart attack, where you can't reach a phone.
Carry car keys with you in case you falls outside, you can activate the car alarm and then others will be aware there's a problem.

Great tip thanks

Steve

From: Handy Tips and Household hints Cool_global_nickHandy Tips and Household hints Ctrevor_of_budeSent: 14/11/2007 11:33
It only works if your car has a panic alarm button. If I switched mine on it would invite the theif to pinch my syock of CDs as well!

Handy Tips and Household hints Emsmileo I didn't know about that Trevor, thanks for adding to the thread to let others know.
Not being a driver myselfHandy Tips and Household hints Emcrook.
ElaineHandy Tips and Household hints Emrose

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Handy Tips and Household hints Empty Sweet Peppers

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:33 am

Peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating. Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for cooking.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Handy Tips and Household hints Empty Garlic

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:32 am

Add garlic immediately to a recipe if you want a light taste of garlic and at the end of the recipe if your want a stronger taste of garlic.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Handy Tips and Household hints Empty Eggs

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:31 am

We shouldn't waste, my mother said waste not want not.

Ever had an egg in your fridge or larder and not sure if safe to eat as you don't know how long you have had it?
Place in a pan of water if it lay flat it is OK
if it stand on its end its on it's way out and if it floats.....
say no moreHandy Tips and Household hints Emcry

To really make scrambled eggs or omelets rich add a couple of spoonfuls of sour cream, cream cheese, or heavy cream in and then beat them up.

Easy Deviled Eggs
Put cooked egg yolks in a zip lock bag. Seal, mash till they are all broken up. Add remainder of ingredients, reseal, keep mashing it up mixing thoroughly, cut the tip of the baggy, squeeze mixture into egg. Just throw bag away when done easy clean up.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009, 12:29 am

Tip: Make Herbal Ice Cubes

To preserve fresh herbs freeze them in ice cube trays. Chop leaves of your favorite herbs, pack into the trays, cover with water, and freeze. Store cubes in plastic bags in the freezer and pop them into soups this winter

Reheat PizzaHeat up leftover pizza in a nonstick skillet on top of the stove, set heat to med-low and heat till warm. This keeps the crust crispy. No soggy micro pizza. I saw this on the cooking channel and it really works.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next