World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 34 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 7:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 11:15 pm by Admin

» Jews of Egypt
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 9:46 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 5 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Wed 28 Nov 2018, 4:20 pm

Date: November 28, 2018 at 1:26 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Deep Teachings: Abide

Deep Teachings: Abide

"'I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."  John 15:5
Scripture Focus: John 15

Jesus' long teachings that speak of the gardener or farmer, the seed, the plant, or the harvest, resonate with us. When He calls us branches of a vine, He is reminding us that without Him we have no spiritual life at all. The person tending grapevines knows that the branches which are not bearing fruit need to be cut away completely. Even the fruit-bearing ones must be pruned so they will be more fruitful in the end. What a perfect analogy for our lives as Christians. It is essential that we remain connected to Jesus, the true vine, our source of eternal life. Paul wrote to the Colossians about the importance of abiding in Christ. "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught" (2:7). As we remain in and abide in Christ, we can know the full joy of being rooted in Him. Our salvation is sure. Spend time daily in the presence of Christ. You'll be spiritually nourished and will continue to grow as you abide in Him.
Insight: "into the thirst of an empty soul, the streams of living waters flow. Ever thirsting is the secret of never thirsting." (Andrew Murray, 1882)

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 27 Nov 2018, 3:06 pm

Date: November 27, 2018 at 2:22 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Hard Words: Be Perfect

Hard Words: Be Perfect
"Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."  Matthew 5:48

Scripture Focus: Matthew 5

When I was dating my wonderful wife, Anita, I told her often that she was perfect. That early love made us both think the other simply could do no wrong. But we both found out pretty quickly after marriage that neither of us was perfect! So how are we to understand Jesus' hard words telling us to be perfect? We know that nobody can live a perfect, sinless life. We know many who've struggled to do so and have instead carried a life-long burden of feeling inadequate. When Jesus urged sinful people to be perfect, He was admonishing us to let our love be complete. When we love all people, even those who are unlovable, we are becoming "perfect" in how we love. Paul challenged the Ephesian church to be imitators of God. The early church believers were first called Christians because people said they acted like little Christs. The only thing perfect about us is the continual cleansing of our sins through the shed blood of Jesus, poured out to perfectly satisfy the debt we owed. And for that we are perfectly grateful!

Insight: “To be like Jesus,/ All I ask is to be like Him./ All through life's journey,/ from earth to glory,/ All I ask, is to be like Him."

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 21 Nov 2018, 6:10 pm

Date: November 20, 2018 at 11:59 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Hard Words: Servant

Hard Words: Servant

"And whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." Mark 10:44-45 

Scripture Focus: Mark 10

Throughout history our world has looked on servants as people of a less significant class, often mistreating them and taking advantage of them. That is not how Jesus-the One who came to serve, not to be served (see Matthew 20:28)-considers servants. He gave His disciples an object lesson on servanthood when He Himself took a towel and began to wash their feet. "No!" Peter objected, knowing what a humiliating job it was. But Jesus straightened him out quickly, telling him, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me" (John 13:8). Peter understood the message and became a true servant in the early church. Think about Jesus' call to servanthood. It's tragic that many who claim to believe in Jesus Christ don't understand this, and just as tragic when solid believers don't feel like serving. When the Church stands up and serves, the community takes notice. Christ followers have been called to be servants. We must be willing to get our hands dirty and our hearts broken as we walk into our dark world to serve.

Insight: Jesus served you by giving you His entire life. When we serve others, we are truly serving Him!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Nov 2018, 4:03 pm

Date: November 20, 2018 at 3:06 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Hard Words: Hate

Hard Words: Hate
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters-yes, even his own life-he cannot be my disciple."  Luke 14:26

Scripture Focus: Luke 14

At first reading these can seem like harsh words indeed from Jesus. After all, this is the same Jesus that told us to love our neighbor and even our enemies. It hardly makes sense that He would tell us now to hate someone. The New Living Translation of this verse begins to clarify things: "If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone else by comparison," What Jesus wants from us is total commitment, love without any distractions. Our love for Him must supersede our love for our family and ourselves. Jesus would never ask us to stop loving our family. Even when family members reject us because of our love for Christ, we must still love and pray for them. This teaching of Jesus was to bring His followers to a place where they set aside everything else in order to dedicate their all to following Him. I grew up singing the chorus, "I surrender all, I surrender all,/ all to Jesus I surrender, I surrender all." I've sung it hundreds of times, and yet I still face each day needing to surrender all to Jesus again.

Insight: We must never hold anything back in our surrender to Christ. Remember, He held back nothing in order to save you!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Nov 2018, 3:07 pm

Date: November 16, 2018 at 1:27 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Hard Words: Forgive

Hard Words: Forgive
"Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times? Jesus answered, I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times."  Matthew 18:21-22

Scripture Focus: Matthew 18

Forgiveness is always a choice. By nature, we find it hard to say, "I'm sorry," even when we know our wrongdoing. When we've been taken advantage of or hurt deeply, we also find it hard to forgive. Is it really possible to forgive someone again and again and again, as Jesus is indicating? We love to justify ourselves when we refuse to offer forgiveness, defending ourselves and dwelling on how terribly we were treated. Jesus is not impressed. As Christians we need to have forgiving hearts, hearts that will never limit the number of times we forgive. This happens when we admit how often the Lord has forgiven us and when we allow God's Spirit to dwell in us. It is the Spirit of God that enables us to forgive again and again. It is Jesus' unending offer of forgiveness that moves our hearts. His forgiveness to all of mankind was purchased with His death on a cruel cross. When we offer forgiveness, the beauty of Jesus is seen in us. So now we are living, talking, moving displays of forgiveness who offer the same to others.

Insight: "Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me/ All His wonderful passion and purity/ Oh, Thou Spirit divine, all my nature refine/ till the beauty of Jesus be seen in me." (Albert Orsborn)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 15 Nov 2018, 2:22 pm

Date: November 15, 2018 at 1:29 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Hard Words: Sever

Hard Words: Sever

"And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell."  Matthew 5:30

Scripture Focus: Matthew 5

Before these sobering words, we read, "If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away." What is Jesus saying here? If we took those words literally, there would be a lot of us wandering around without hands or eyes. He speaks more deeply than that. Because the sin problem is always a matter of the heart, Jesus is saying in no uncertain terms that when there is sin or a stumbling block to sin in your life, sever it. Even if the sin pattern you're clinging to is as valuable to you as your right hand, get rid of it. A radical change must be made. In Jeremiah 17:9 we read, "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?" Our hearts serve as the control-room for every part of our body, and without Christ they are beyond cure. Our body parts need to be disciplined to run from sin. When our hearts are clean-made so by the saving blood of Jesus-our whole body will fall in line, and we can stand before our holy God. Let Jesus cut away what is sinful and purify your heart.

Insight: O God, cleanse our hearts today. We want the world to see Jesus in everything we do and say.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 13 Nov 2018, 12:58 pm

Date: November 13, 2018 at 1:36 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Hard Words: Enemies
Hard Words: Enemies

"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good."  Matthew 5:44-45

Matthew 5

King Saul was on a rampage, searching everywhere to kill David and protect his rule as king. One day David was hiding in a cave with his men when Saul entered that very cave. But David restrained his men and did not harm Saul, easy target though he was. He told Saul, "Some urged me to kill you, but I spared you; I said, 'I will not lift my hand against my master, because he is the Lord's anointed'" (1 Samuel 24:10). When Jesus said, "Love your enemies," you can be sure there were raised eyebrows. Jesus showed this kind of love even to His last dying moment on the cross when He prayed for those who were crucifying Him. "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing" (Luke 23:34). We live in a world driven by revenge and getting even. That is not Jesus' way! We ourselves have been the unlovable enemies of Jesus, denying Him and opposing Him all our lives. But He makes it possible for us to love our enemies because "while we were still sinners"-enemies of Jesus, really-"Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).

Insight: In our own strength it is impossible to love those who hate us. But in Jesus we find a love that goes beyond the natural.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 08 Nov 2018, 10:27 pm

Date: November 7, 2018 at 11:32 PM

Topic: +DEV+  Sweet Words: Peace

Sweet Words: Peace

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  John 14:27

Scripture Focus: John 14

Whether it be for the whole earth or for our own families, peace is something we desire. We aren't likely to find it in the world's framework: through money or government programs or vacations or "mindfulness" exercises. The peace of Jesus passes all understanding. It meets us in hospital rooms, at lonely kitchen tables, in back seats of churches, on long trips. Wherever we are where our hearts feel shaky. The Living Bible paraphrase says it this way: "And the peace I give isn't fragile like the peace the world gives." When we were packing for a cross-country move, my wife had me write "FRAGILE" on some special boxes. I cringed when I saw the movers toss them cavalierly into the truck, knowing how easily those things could break. But God's Peace is not fragile. It's unbreakable, and it's ours to enjoy in our troubled world. All sorts of things will attempt to break our peace. We may even feel tossed about, not unlike a packed box of breakable items. Open the gift of Jesus' peace and feel it wash over your heart today.

Insight: Father, your Son Jesus told us He was giving us a heavenly gift of peace. Help us open that precious gift today. Thank you so much.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 07 Nov 2018, 7:32 pm

Well, I see the devotional didn’t send last night, we just got back home after a full day of Dr. visits, My apologies for that…
Mike Inman

Date: November 6, 2018 at 3:13 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Sweet Words: Beginning and End

Sweet Words: Beginning and End

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."  Revelation 22:13

Scripture Focus: Revelation 22

God has no beginning, nor will He have any end. He is found in the first verse of Genesis and in the last verse of Revelation. Since God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Jesus was there at the beginning of all time and creation, and He will be there at the close of this age. Never has there been or will there be a time when God in all His fullness is not with us. When Jesus declares He is both the Beginning and the End, He is telling us there is no other! Without Him we are like lost sheep, but with Him we know we began in Christ and will be with Him face-to-face one day when this life ends. Though we've all had loved ones depart from this earth, we find it hard to understand eternity. Everything here on earth has a starting point and a finish line. We need to grab hold of these words from Jesus. He truly is our Beginning and our End. We are on our way to being with Him forever. "What a day that will be/ when my Jesus I shall see/ He will take me by the hand/ and lead me to the promised land" (Jim Hill, 1955).

Insight: When you think about eternity, think of what it will be like to live forever in the presence of God.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 05 Nov 2018, 8:03 pm

Date: November 5, 2018 at 2:43 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Sweet Words: Forgiven

Sweet Words: Forgiven

"When Jesus saw their faith, he said, Friend, your sins are forgiven."  Luke 5:20

Luke 5

Words of forgiveness are always welcome. An "I forgive you" between small children, co-workers, spouses, or neighbors can be the sweetest words to hurting relationships. But when those words come from Jesus, wow! It means our sins are gone, buried, thrown into the deepest sea! We are on our way to heaven. Think about the fascinating Luke 5 story of the paralyzed man being lowered through the roof to be healed by Jesus. The men went to great lengths to get their friend to Jesus. But Jesus went to even greater lengths showing that the most important healing was a healing of the man's sinful heart. The religious leaders were indignant and shocked. "This is blasphemy!" they said. Thousands of years later we still need reminding that Jesus came to bring salvation, and all who confess their sins and believe in Him will receive eternal life. What on earth can be better than to have our sins forgiven by Jesus? When He whispers into our hearts, "Your sins are forgiven," those are the sweetest words we will ever hear.

Insight: Heavenly Father, thank you for calling us friends and forgiving us of our sins. Thank you for healing our lives where the true healing is needed.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 02 Nov 2018, 1:19 pm

Date: November 2, 2018 at 12:05 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Sweet Words: Gather

Sweet Words: Gather

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing."  Matthew 23:37

Matthew 23

The word picture given here by Jesus is one I have always loved. If you've raised chickens yourself or if you grew up on a farm like I did, you've seen how a mother hen with a clutch of chicks will gather her little ones under her wings the moment she sees danger come near. That's what Jesus offers everyone who will accept His protection: He will gather you near. The Bible is filled with miraculous accounts of God's protection. The story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego comes to mind. They were thrown into an intense, hotter-than-hot furnace, and the Lord Himself stood with them so that not even a hair on their heads was singed. When we face danger, either physically or spiritually, we have One who will protect us. Jesus calmed the storm-tossed waters of the Sea of Galilee, bringing safety to His frightened disciples. He wants us to run to Him as little chicks would run under the wings of their mother. There is no need to stand alone in your times of trouble. Jesus, your protector, gathers you near.

Insight: "Safe am I / in the hollow of His hands / no ill can harm me / no foe alarm me / for He keeps both day and night." (Mildred L. Dillon, 1938)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 01 Nov 2018, 2:41 pm

Date: November 1, 2018 at 2:17 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Sweet Words: Light

Sweet Words: Light

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."  John 8:12

John 8

Light and darkness make an interesting study, as any artist or photographer would agree. Just think of it, even the tiniest light will expel darkness; try to add more darkness, but still you have that light. Nothing, save closing your eyes to it, can eliminate its glow. In a world that increasingly champions sin and evil, Jesus' promise is especially encouraging. He proclaims that He is the light of the world and that whoever follows Him will never walk in darkness. What a wonderful way to live, in the light of Jesus! I love to watch the sun rise in the morning. I recall a long, dark night while camping out in the mountains of Utah. From my sleeping bag on hard ground, I prayed for morning to come. Long before the sun rose, I stared into the pitch black eastern sky. And then the sun began to make its appearance. In minutes, all went from total darkness to spectacular light. This is not unlike what happens when the light of Jesus enters in. Darkness disappears, and His light shines to make our lives a work of art.

Insight: Thank You, Father in Heaven, for sending Jesus as the Light of the world who rescues us from the darkness.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 31 Oct 2018, 9:14 pm

Date: October 31, 2018 at 12:37 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Words for the Ages
Words for the Ages

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."  Matthew 24:35

Scripture Focus: Matthew 24

This month I invite you to look with me at the words of Jesus in Scripture: His sweet and encouraging words for the next seven issues, His challenging and sometimes misunderstood words the following issues, His longer teachings on further issues, and His urgent words for the last parts of this teaching. Throughout the ages people have expounded on the words of Jesus as those of a great moral teacher. While our lives may go more smoothly and be richer by following Jesus' moral teaching, we must remember that He did not come to give us a set of rules; He came to rescue us. C.S. Lewis said that as we consider who Jesus really is, we must remember to "not come with any patronizing nonsense about his being a great human teacher" (Mere Christianity, 1952). He and His words are much, much more than that. The Son of God has saved us from eternal condemnation. Out of gratitude, we live for Him. And His sweet, encouraging, challenging, and urgent words will be with us through the ages because He is with us through the ages. 

Insight: "What more can he say than to you he has said/ to you who for refuge to Jesus have fled?" (John Rippon, 1787)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 30 Oct 2018, 8:31 pm

Date: October 30, 2018 at 2:29 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Call to Me

Call to Me

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."  Jeremiah 33:3

Jeremiah 33

In the middle of trials and hardships, it becomes hard even to call on the name of the Lord. The problems of this world pull us down in mind and spirit. Depression can take root. In this passage from the book of Jeremiah, Israel is still in exile, and the prophet Jeremiah is in prison. Yet the Lord exhorts His people to call on Him. Particularly when life looks bleak, this is exactly what we need to do: call on the Lord and seek wisdom from Him. Our difficulties may not vanish instantly as we would like, but the Lord has His purposes, shaping us and teaching us so we become more and more like Him. Trials may last longer than we want, but no longer than the Lord wants. Seek Him on the difficult days when you are down, and He will answer you in His perfect way. His thoughts are not our thoughts, and His wisdom is higher than the heavens are from the earth (Isaiah 55:8-9). In our human frailty we don't see, hear, or understand as the Lord does. But He makes the blind to see, the deaf to hear, and the lame to walk.

Insight: He will give you His vision, His words and His strength. So call on Him, and He will answer!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 29 Oct 2018, 5:56 pm

Date: October 29, 2018 at 1:46 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Walking the Old Path

Walking the Old Path

"This is what the LORD says: Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."  Jeremiah 6:16

Jeremiah 6

Throughout the Old Testament God called His wayward people to repent and return to Him. He never stopped pursuing and loving them. Often they would promise, "Everything the LORD has said we will do," as in Exodus 24:7. But not long after, they'd be complaining, setting up idols, and longing to mix with the other pagan nations. They wanted to obey, but they quickly forgot God's faithfulness and gave in to temptation. Isn't that a lot like us in the church today? We want to be godly people, but we keep accepting more and more sin as tolerable, and we find the world's offerings alluring. In effect, we tell our Father who loves us, "We see the good way, but we will not walk in it." Today's Jeremiah passage says we are at a crossroads. It is the same one God's people have stood at since the beginning of time: will I choose the path of my Creator, or the path of my own will? God never accepts sin, and we who are His church must not either. He keeps forgiving us and calling us back to Him, to walk in the good way. Follow where He leads!

Insight: "This is my Father's world / O let me ne'er forget / that though the wrong seems oft so strong / God is the ruler yet." (Maltbie D. Babcock, 1901)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 26 Oct 2018, 4:58 pm

Date: October 26, 2018 at 2:35 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Called Heavenward

Called Heavenward

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 3:14

Philippians 3

We humans function well with goals. Without them we lack direction in our life, vacillating from whim to whim, from one self-serving pleasure to the next. Is success your goal in life, as it is for most people? How is that measured? Unless Christ is your goal and Jesus is the prize you seek, none of your other pursuits bring lasting fulfillment. The longer I walk with the Lord and grow in my relationship with Him, the more I see that I am being called far beyond the successes and triumphs of this world. Like Paul I am being called heavenward. And you are, too. Whether you're a new or young believer or not, do you long to serve Him each day and each moment? In doing so you'll find the surpassing joy of living for Christ. For all our striving (even Paul says he pressed on towards his goal), the most amazing thing is that God has already accomplished our goal for us! We are becoming what He's already made us: His children. He already has won for us in Christ a life lived for Him now and a place in heaven with Him one day.

Insight: Deepen your relationship with Jesus, and you'll see that in the "race of life," He is running for you and has won the crown for you!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 24 Oct 2018, 2:50 pm

Date: October 24, 2018 at 1:59 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Display of His Splendor

Display of His Splendor

"To comfort all who mourn to bestow on them, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, for the display of His splendor."  Isaiah 61:2b-3

Isaiah 61

God's magnificent displays of splendor are visible all around us-in sunsets and mountain ranges and waterfalls and prairies. But His tender mercies run deeper than we imagine and beyond what we can see. He is a loving God who comforts and consoles, who gently replaces our mourning with praise, joy, and beauty. In the midst of deep grief over loss through death, over our sin and its consequences, and over tragedies that befall us or our loved ones, we have a Lord who shows us in mighty oaks and delicate flowers that He is in control of it all. He will give joy in the midst of pain. Hard times make our roots grow deeper in the Lord. You seek His pool of grace when the ground is parched (Isaiah 35:7) with hardship. Your roots sink down into His spiritual waters. The heavy burdens of life can leave a person feeling depressed, withered, and stunted in growth. But when the saving love of Jesus Christ becomes your nourishment, you are an oak of righteousness, "a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor."

Insight: Let the Master Gardener plant within you His beauty, His joy, and His praise

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 23 Oct 2018, 9:13 pm

Date: October 23, 2018 at 11:23 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Listen Hard

Listen Hard

"My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, from this time on and forever, says the Lord."  Isaiah 59:21

Isaiah 59

"My Spirit, who is on you" can we even begin to appreciate the depth of that statement? Does any of us comprehend that the power and strength of God's Spirit are with us even now? When His Spirit is in us, He is constantly working on us-whether we realize it or not. His words are in our mouths, affecting our thoughts and changing our hearts. And when our thoughts and hearts are changed, so are those of the people around us. Our family members, neighbors, friends, grocery store clerks- they all can see "something different" because of the Spirit's work in us. If all of this is so, do you wonder why you still languish in the same old sins that you just can't seem to change? Speak the Word of God sternly to yourself! His Word will not return void. When His Spirit begins to work in you, your life will change in His providential timing and way. See no evidence of change in your life? The long arm of the Lord is mighty enough to save you. Listen to the Holy Spirit as He uses God's Word to speak to you. But listen hard!

Insight: "Never water down the Word of God, but preach it in its undiluted sternness." (Oswald Chambers)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 18 Oct 2018, 3:35 pm

Date: October 18, 2018 at 12:31 AM

Topic: +DEV+  God Revives the Lowly

God Revives the Lowly

"I live in a high and holy place, but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite."  Isaiah 57:15b

Isaiah 57

In our human view, we lose sight of how high and exalted God really is. We tend to think He is an accepting, permissive Father who approves of all we do because His love is greater than His holiness. While it surely is wrong to presume upon God and raise ourselves to God's level, it also is remarkable to know what He did for us. Of His own accord, He came down to our lowly level into the mire of our sin, and He does indeed tell us, "It's okay because I paid for all your sin and I love you." God does not love your sin. God does not approve of your sin. But His love for you is at the same time so great that He bore the punishment of your sin for you. When we recognize our lowliness and are contrite in our hearts, we are welcomed into God's presence, His "high and holy place." You may be bruised and beaten down by your sin. Seek forgiveness from the faithful One who heals and restores. If you want to be with God-to even now have a deep relationship with Him-recognize your need, and He will lift you up to live with Him.

Insight: Raise your idea of God to His exalted position and recognize how low your position is. Yet He came into our lowly world for us!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 17 Oct 2018, 11:31 am

Date: October 16, 2018 at 11:26 PM

Topic: +DEV+  Full Defense at the Cross

Full Defense at the Cross

"He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends."  Proverbs 17:9

Proverbs 17
Most of us live in a self-defense kind of mode, warding off the attacks or insults of others by self-justifying and blame shifting. We simply speak louder or send more bold and underlined words in our emails. Having seen a lot of these exchanges (and, I'm sorry to say, having been a part of some, too), I finally learned the lesson in Proverbs 17:9. A repeated dispute often can and does end close friendships. Many a divorcée will tell you that it was the over-and-over-again conflicts about the same matters that led to their marriage's demise. When Jesus Christ stood before Pilate, He of all people could have defended Himself. But He did not. It was not His purpose. His silence, which amazed Pilate, was part of God's plan for Jesus. The whole trial–the lashes and abuse, the cruel cross–were all in God's plan. Attacking or insulting another never leads to peace and reconciliation. See God's greater plan for your life: to bring you closer to Him. Quit defending yourself. Jesus has given you a full defense at the cross.
Insight: You are fully justified in Him, whatever the state of your sin. So forgive! Jesus turned the other cheek, and so can you.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 16 Oct 2018, 7:14 pm

Date: October 16, 2018 at 3:05 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Crucified in Weakness

Crucified in Weakness

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love."  1 Corinthians 16:13-14

1 Corinthians 16

If you talk to someone who has been in real front-line combat situations, he will tell you he was scared to death. Yet despite that fear, he followed orders and did his duty. He was strong even in weakness because he knew and trusted the commander giving the orders. That is a picture of courage. Being brave means facing fears, anxiety, and weakness knowing you have Someone greater than you to back you up. People of courage know they are weak but also are confident that their Lord is strong. One of the great mysteries of life, one that we seem to learn as we grow older, is that out of our weakness and need comes God's most stunning power and solution to our problems. His grace is sufficient for us to deal with our fears and worries. His strength is made perfect in our weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9-10). Christ was "crucified in weakness" (2 Corinthians 13:4). He went to the cross for us out of love and was resurrected in the power of His Father. So be reborn in the strength of the One who gave His life for you.

Insight: In His strength, you don't have to pretend to be something you are not. His strength makes you strong even in your weakness.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 15 Oct 2018, 3:37 pm

Date: October 15, 2018 at 1:33 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Rest Found in Coming to Jesus

Rest Found in Coming to Jesus

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, and you will find rest for your souls."  Matthew 11:28-29

Scripture Focus: Matthew 11

You might say you haven't really lived until you come to Jesus. When you do, motives and desires change; life is reoriented around the One who is Lord of your life. You would think that then you would leave behind your list of wants and desires. As believers, can't we simply "seek first the kingdom of God" and then find that all these things will be given to us? Won't life in Christ be carefree and easygoing? If that were true, Jesus would not have had to assure us with the words of today's Scripture passage. Our Lord knows how our hearts operate in this sin-tainted world. We are quickly caught up in temptations and wants, demanding schedules, and temporary relief from exhaustion. Some days the burden of it all makes it hard to even get out of bed. But Jesus carried the weight of the world on His shoulders for you. He took the punishment for all your sin and did away with it at the cross. He enlivens you with His Spirit and gives meaning to your life. He alone offers true rest for your soul. Go find it in Him!

Insight: "Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." (Psalm 55:22)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 11 Oct 2018, 10:43 am

Date: October 11, 2018 at 1:27 AM

Topic: +DEV+ God's Assurance Removes Fear

God's Assurance Removes Fear

"In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Psalm 118:5-6
Psalm 118
Our human weaknesses-both physical and spiritual-seem to foster an acceptance of fear in our lives. At nearly every turn in life, we see something to fear. Physical weakness may limit our power and increase our dread of the "towering giants" we face daily. Spiritual weakness draws our gaze away from the very One who would take our fears away. What is a fearful Christian to do? When you are worried and concerned about what man can do to you or think about you or say about you, then you are living in the fear of man. In Christ, however, there is no fear of man. Others' opinions mean nothing in comparison to what God thinks of you. You do only His will because only His love for you matters. There is nothing to fear with the Lord as your helper. He is with you even when potentially harmful things cause distress. Don't allow your fears to keep you from doing the will of God. In His perfect love all fear is cast away. When you know the Lord is with you, what can man possibly do to take away your Savior's love? Nothing!

Insight: "The only way to remove fear from our lives is to listen to God's assurance to us." (Oswald Chambers)

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 10 Oct 2018, 10:37 am

Date: October 10, 2018 at 1:57 AM

Topic: +DEV+ The Harvest

The Harvest

"Then he said to his disciples, The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field" Matthew 9:37-38.

Scripture Focus: Matthew 9:35-38

The beginning of the New Year is always a time of renewal and resolution. For me it's a reminder of a spiritual field ripe for harvest...many are waiting to hear and accept Jesus and His love. First century Christians were consumed with thoughts of the harvest and exhibited an intense passion for Christ and for serving Him with their lives. What is it that consumes Christians today? Probably not bringing our neighbors the news of the gospel. The fields are still ripe, but the granaries are yet to be filled. And there is no absence of harvesting equipment: churches, radio, literature, missions that span the world. Yet, while we focus on bigger buildings and even more dollars to build them, it would seem that the very cutting blades of Christendom are either missing or are so dull that little is being harvested.

Let our prayer be that in this world - confused and tormented as it is - we experience a freshness of God's wind and fire to strengthen and energize us, and to bring many people to the Savior.

Insight: In Our Highly Competitive Culture, We Christians Must Stand Out With A Positive Influence That Comes From Being Fully Devoted Followers Of Christ.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 09 Oct 2018, 7:12 pm

And once again my email program just saved instead of sending…
Date: October 7, 2018 at 1:21 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Life Now and Forever
Life Now and Forever

"He asked me, Son of man, can these bones live? I said, O Sovereign LORD, you alone know."  Ezekiel 37:3

Scripture Focus: Ezekiel 37
When someone you know dies, these words carry deep meaning. View a lifeless body where previously your loved one was alive, and these words from Ezekiel have weight. "Can these bones live?" you may ask, even as you can see that there is not one trace of life left in your loved one. If you're ever alongside someone as they take their last breath, you know the answer. "O Sovereign Lord, you alone know." It is the Lord who gives life. When the spirit is gone and a lifeless body remains, you are made strikingly aware of who the Giver of life is. Through His breath of life, our flesh is animated. He gives life to jars of clay like us. But He gives us life again when we come to know Him as our Lord and Savior-new life, resurrection life, which can never be extinguished. He came that we might have eternal life and be granted freedom from death. When you are in the very presence of death, still take hope, for the Lord gives life. Not in this life, but in the glorious life that awaits us, He will make dry bones alive again!

Insight: The Lord has given you life now, but also He gives you life forever

Michael D. Inman

Date: October 9, 2018 at 1:18 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Living and Moving in Christ

Living and Moving in Christ

"For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, We are his offspring."  Acts 17:28

Scripture Focus: Acts 17

When Paul quoted from familiar Greek poets of his day during his speech in Athens, the ears of the philosophers gathered there must have perked up. Paul was showing them how their hearts were inclined to worship something and that the true God of all creation could be found. For, as Paul told them, "he is not far from each one of us" (vs. 27). Even the pagan poets of the day knew that a man was the offspring of his god and that in that god he would "live and move and have {his} being." So why would anyone seek after an idol of stone or wood or of his own conception? Outside of Christ there is no real life. Our very moving and being comes only through Him whose children we are. Life without Christ is self-centered and is at best a dim shadow of a life walking with Jesus. His light shines in us, illumining our path and directing our steps. Walking with Christ yields an abundantly rich, enjoyable life. Will it be one without hardship or trial? Probably not. But the Lord of heaven and earth will face your trials with you.
Insight: You are Christ's offspring. Walk with Him, talk with Him, seek Him. For you live and move and have your being in Him.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next