World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 55 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 54 Guests :: 2 Bots

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyToday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyToday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyToday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyToday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Tue 02 Aug 2016, 9:28 pm

Date: August 2, 2016 at 1:29 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Old, But not Dead

Old, But not Dead
"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit...." Hebrews 4:12

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 4:1-12

I have overheard people jokingly say, "I'm old, but I'm not dead." The person saying that may mean, "Don't discount me just yet. I have something to offer. Something to give. I am still living." 

The Bible is old. But it's not dead. Hebrews reminds us that these words printed on paper are somehow alive. We know the Holy Spirit breathed them into being, but we forget He breathes into them still. How else might people read the same Scripture and come away with something different? How else can a text seem to deepen or change hues over a lifetime? Only something alive could do that, actively ministering to people's hearts as necessary. 

One author compares the Bible to a living vein, connecting us to our Maker. The Bible pumps through us the stories and truths and encouragement we need. Almost everything that is alive has an expiration date when it no longer can produce, react, or affect anything. But God's gift, His Word, never expires. It lives and moves, breathing life into us each time it is read.

Insight: "A bible that's falling apart usually belongs to someone who isn't." (Charles Spurgeon)

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in urgent need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

- "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." John Stuart Mill, 1867

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." ~Maj. Gen. James Mattis~

- "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

Psalms 144:1 Blessed be Jehovah my rock, Who teacheth my hands to war, And my fingers to fight.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 22 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Mon 01 Aug 2016, 8:53 pm

Date: August 1, 2016 at 12:42 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Open To Everyone

Open To Everyone

"At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom." Matthew 27:51

Scripture Focus: Matthew 27: 45-55

When we think of God's gifts in our lives, we usually think of concrete things like a good job or friend, or a healing from cancer. But these don't even come close to His gift of accessibility. 

On Easter, I was trying to explain to my four-year-old about the temple curtain being torn in two. "It shows us that nothing keeps us from God anymore. Jesus made it so anybody can now get to God." 

In this world money can buy us all kinds of separation: gated communities, first class air travel, private luxury boxes. People are told, for a host of reasons, "Access denied." Jesus' death broke down the gates around the holy of holies and declared that God's presence is "Open to everyone." The Gospel couldn't be more inclusive. As Max Lucado writes, "Does God offer His gift to the brightest and most charming? No. It is for all." 

"Let us approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and grace..." Hebrews 4:16. We have access to God, not because of who we are, but because of who Jesus is.

Insight: God's presence, through Jesus, is now open to everyone

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
Michael D. Inman

- "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." John Stuart Mill, 1867

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." ~Maj. Gen. James Mattis~

- "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

Psalms 144:1 Blessed be Jehovah my rock, Who teacheth my hands to war, And my fingers to fight.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 29 Jul 2016, 11:18 pm

Date: July 29, 2016 at 1:05 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Bread Of Life

Bread Of Life

"Jesus answered, It is written: Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God." (Matthew 4:4)

Scripture Focus: Matthew 4:1-11

After thinking about the gift of manna earlier, we jump ahead to Jesus' temptation. He is hungry and in His own wilderness, a sequel of sorts to the hungry Israelites in the wilderness. Unlike the Israelites with their grumbling, Jesus withstands the test perfectly. And in true tempter's fashion, Satan shows up when Jesus is hungry, alone, and weak. 

Satan reminds Jesus that He can do anything, even turn stones to bread. Jesus already knows this but answers, "Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God." The beauty of this statement is that Jesus IS the word that comes from the mouth of God. We don't live by it, as though following instructions. We live on it. It is what sustains us and feeds us! 

Jesus tells His listeners that their forefathers ate manna in the desert yet died. But whoever eats the Bread of Life will live forever (see John 6:49-51). They ask Jesus for this special bread. To them (and us) He says, "You're looking at it." Behold... the true bread of Heaven.

Insight: "Bread of heaven, bread of heaven; feed me till I want no more."  (William Williams, 1745)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 28 Jul 2016, 9:18 pm

Date: July 27, 2016 at 11:18 PM
Topic: +DEV+  He Remains the Same

He Remains the Same

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea." Psalm 46:1-2

Scripture Focus: Psalm 46

Winter gives way to spring; laughter turns to tears; parched earth changes to verdant growth after rain; childlessness yields to family; a calm sea becomes a storm. Some changes we welcome more than others. All of them serve to remind us that our Creator remains the same. 

Martin Luther clung with all his life to that great truth: that God remained and His kingdom would be forever. Nearly 500 years ago, he posted on the cathedral doors in Wittenberg, Germany, his 95 complaints against the medieval church. He sought to bring Christians back to the Scriptures and to make it clear how salvation was given. The words Luther wrote for the great hymn "A Mighty Fortress is Our God" were and still are a rallying cry for believers in Jesus Christ. 

We have focused this month on the implications of our constant change and God's forever remaining the same. Because we know the unchanging One, we can sing with believers throughout history that "God's truth abideth still, His kingdom 
is forever."

Insight:  "A mighty fortress is our God, a bulwark never failing...from age to age the same..." (Martin Luther, 1529)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 27 Jul 2016, 11:20 pm

Date: July 27, 2016 at 9:39 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Lump of Clay

Lump of Clay

"Yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand." Isaiah 64:8

Scripture Focus: Jeremiah 18:1-6

Many of the changes that come about in our lives are not welcomed by us. If the lump of clay being kneaded by the potter could cry out, I am sure it would! Being molded and pressed and worked doesn't feel good. Yet if the lump of clay could know the stunning piece of artwork or the very useful water pitcher the artisan would create of it, perhaps he would keep silent. An audacious lump of clay that would be who would call out in defiance to the craftsman, the one who knows the shape he wants that clay to have. 

There have been times of distress and hardship in my life that have hurt deeply. The process of getting through has pinched me, pressed me and pulled me in directions I didn't want to go. I've questioned the Lord's ways. Yet here I am today, His humbled vessel, filled up and spilled out time and time again in ways that have been able to give Him glory. Far be it from me to challenge the Master Craftsman, my Father and my Lord. Let's remember that "we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus..." (Ephesians 2:10).

Insight: Have you also felt the pain of being molded? Do you believe that God's plans will work together for your good? Trust him!

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 26 Jul 2016, 11:50 am

Date: July 26, 2016 at 12:23 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Purifying the Heart

Purifying the Heart

"Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your 
hearts, you double-minded." James 4:8

Scripture Focus: James 4

How can we begin to close the cavernous gap between us and God? The first thing that needs to change about us is that we need to come clean. Like the child who stops covering up because his mom seems to see right through him, we must realize that we cannot hide anything from God. He already knows our comings and our goings both for now and forever (see psalm 139). He knows our innermost thoughts and secrets - things we sometimes barely acknowledge to ourselves. To come clean before Him means that we come to Him with the full realization that we are unworthy. We are spiritually bankrupt. 

Submitting to God involves openly admitting we are sinners. As we lay our failures before Him, our hearts change from filthy rags to beautiful gems, purified of all unrighteousness. In forgiveness God speaks His love to us and purifies our hearts all the more, washing us in the pools of His grace. 

God has so much to offer...more than our minds could ever conceive, and nothing that this world could give.

Insight: Do you feel close to God? Is your heart available to be filled with His love? What hinders your close relationship with God?

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 25 Jul 2016, 7:53 pm

Date: July 25, 2016 at 1:38 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Unfathomable Forgiveness

Unfathomable Forgiveness

"Then, when I make atonement for you for all you have done, you will remember and be ashamed and never again open your mouth..." Ezekiel 16:63

Scripture Focus: Psalm 32:1-5

Many Christians trivialize the whole concept of forgiveness. We go through each day committing numerous sins; then, at the end of the day, we quickly offer up a flippant prayer saying, "forgive all my sins." When we do this, we may fail to recognize the gravity of our mistakes and the consequences of our sins. We don't even think to ask God to help us change our sinful attitudes. After all, why should we change? God loves us just as we are, doesn't He? 

God does indeed love us exactly as we are, but He also loves us too much to let us stay that way. He never stops forgiving us. He never ceases to give us second chances. He desires that we have a change of heart and choose obedience over selfishness. God is best served when we live a life of humility and give Him the glory. 

When God forgives us, He removes our sins as far as the east is from the west (Psalm 103:12). We, however, should be humbly mindful of what He has done, and praise 
Him accordingly.

Insight: What does forgiveness make you think of? Do you need to change to become more humble? Aren't you glad that God allows us to change?

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 22 Jul 2016, 9:54 pm

Date: July 21, 2016 at 11:33 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Ever Changing Seasons

Ever Changing Seasons

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die..." Ecclesiastes 3:1-2A

Scripture Focus: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Our natural tendency is to cling to that which is familiar while resisting the new. Granted, some things should never be relinquished, but for the most part, living a fulfilled life means learning to let go. Additionally, resistance to change can, in some ways, impede our progress in our relationship with God. 

As we read in Ecclesiastes, there is a time for everything. Life's seasons are characterized in many different ways, and throughout each season God has something to teach us. God is relentless in how He demonstrates His love for us, but if we are resistant to the idea of change, then we may be resisting Him, too. God desires that we focus on Him. If we are forever looking in the rear-view mirror at a season that has passed, we may completely miss out on where God is taking us next. 

Seasons and situations change, but God remains the same. Every good and perfect gift comes from Him (James 1:17). Let's welcome the changes He brings about in our lives and learn to appreciate the abundance of blessings He sends.

Insight: What keeps you from looking to the future? Do you ever cling to the past? Recall a blessing God has given you in the past.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 21 Jul 2016, 9:10 pm

Date: July 21, 2016 at 2:11 AM
Topic: +DEV+  The Eternal Kingdom

The Eternal Kingdom

"For if you do these things, you will never fall, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." 2 Peter 1:10-11

Scripture Focus: 2 Peter 1:3-11

Peter writes with distinction of the eternal kingdom of our Lord. It's our prepared place without sin, suffering, or death. As a person gets on in years, he thinks more and more of a rich welcome into this magnificent place. I envision the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, together with the redeemed standing at the entrance into glory, welcoming me and you with utter delight into the most precious existence that we could ever imagine, the eternal kingdom. 

Earthly kingdoms come and go. They blaze with brilliance for a moment, only to be replaced by another temporary kingdom. So the history of mankind goes. The day will come when only one kingdom will remain: the kingdom of God, the kingdom of heaven, the kingdom of Jesus Christ. 

Our meditations close this month as we feel ourselves being pulled by the magnet of divine love into the delights of the eternal kingdom in which Jesus Christ, King of kings and Lord of lords, reigns forever and ever. Amen. So come, Lord Jesus... we long to live with you eternally!

Insight: Why should we be tempted to give our ultimate loyalty to any king but king Jesus?

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 20 Jul 2016, 9:20 pm

Date: July 19, 2016 at 11:08 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Married into the Kingdom

Married into the Kingdom

"Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb." Revelation 21:9B

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 62:1-5

What does God see when He looks upon this world? What excites Him? On what does He focus His all-seeing eyes, night and day? I believe the apple of His eye, so to speak, is His kingdom made up of people of countless cultures. He sees them constantly and He works to spread His Gospel into every nation and alleyway of this world. Of course, He sees national borders, like the maps we have drawn. 

But in His eyes, their importance fades when He views His body on the earth, spread across racial, national and cultural lines. His major concern is for the welfare and growth of His kingdom on the earth, not on the nations as such. In the book of Revelation John saw the prepared bride of Christ, called out of all tribes and nations. 

He loves the bride and the bride loves Him. That love bond is eternal and stronger than death itself. And certainly it is stronger than any nationalism. The Holy Spirit calls, "Come, see the bride, the wife of the Lamb." As His bride, you are destined to be joined with Christ forever!

Insight: Let your life be shaped by the reality of the hope of your perfect wedding day with you as the bride of Christ.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 19 Jul 2016, 9:39 pm

Date: July 18, 2016 at 2:26 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Come To The Kingdom!

Come To The Kingdom!

"Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." Acts 2:36

Scripture Focus: Acts 2:1-24, 36-39

I like to think that the kingdom of God was inaugurated at Pentecost when the Holy Spirit fell with dramatic power on the 120 or so believers in Jerusalem. Normally a new king is seated on the throne of power with fanfare and flags. Jesus established His kingdom when He was not even physically present, but in heaven at the right hand of His Father, where He was already vested with all authority. It boggles the mind that no throne, no crown, no scepter, no blaring of bugles, and no army saluting the new king were to be found in Jerusalem. It was just an ordinary room with ordinary people. 

Even though Jesus was not physically present, His divine presence dominated the scene. Peter, the fisherman, explained what was happening, assuring them that Jesus was the One promised in the Scriptures to sit on the throne of King David. His kingdom is now among mankind, among all who would believe. 

God did not desert Israel, but the extraordinary kingdom of heaven would look all new: Jews and Gentiles alike are welcome!

Insight: The language of the kingdom, spoken in a thousand tongues, calls each of us to repent and be baptized.

Michael D. Inman

Date: July 19, 2016 at 12:08 AM
Topic: +DEV+  The Overcomer’s' Kingdom

The Overcomer’s' Kingdom

"They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb..." Revelation 12:11

Scripture Focus: Revelation 12:7-12

The weapon of the world is the sword. The sword that takes life is not an appropriate weapon to defend or expand the kingdom of God. What, then, are our weapons? The Apostle John asked this same question. His answer: "They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death." At first glance, we ask, are these serious weapons? Alas, they are the most powerful ones imaginable! 

In 1 John 3:8 we read that these weapons "destroy the devil's works." And we find, to our amazement, that these are our weapons. In all cultures and at all times, the blood of the Lamb overcomes the enemy of our souls. 
We citizens of the new and exciting kingdom of heaven are not like the Crusaders a thousand years ago. They ruled Jerusalem for a few years but did little to expand the kingdom of God on the earth. 

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is not meant to be spread by the sword; it is spread by the loving service and winsome testimonies of grateful citizens.

Insight:  "This is the word of the lord...: 'not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the Lord Almighty." Zechariah 4:6

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 15 Jul 2016, 4:33 pm

Date: July 15, 2016 at 12:55 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Worlds Apart, Same Kingdom

Worlds Apart, Same Kingdom

"Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all." 1 Chronicles 29:11B

Scripture Focus: 1 Chronicles 29:10-13

The kingdom of God is for all who believe in Jesus Christ. I recall an early experience I had in Africa. With shining eyes and a smile on his face, a young Tanzanian man said, "I love Jesus." That is nice, I thought. Then he looked at me, "Do you love Jesus?" Of course I do, I thought. Am I not a missionary? 

Then I considered, "Is it possible that he believes that if he loves Jesus and I love Jesus, that means we are one in Jesus, like family members?" How could that be? Our cultures are so radically different in many respects. He is black, I am white. He speaks Kizanaki, I speak English. I have three academic degrees, he has not finished high school. Furthermore, he is a first generation believer, while all my Mennonite ancestors for 500 years were believers. With these differences and many more, how can he assume that we are related closer than blood brothers? Because he knows - and I know - that we are washed by the same blood and energized by the same Holy Spirit. 

This is the kingdom that Jesus died to create.

Insight: All of us in the kingdom of God are astounded by what is happening to us. And it is good! so be it.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 14 Jul 2016, 9:27 pm

Date: July 12, 2016 at 10:00 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Looks of the Kingdom

Looks of the Kingdom

"You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the  side of truth listens to me." John 18:37

Scripture Focus: John 19:6-16

King of what? The Roman authorities, egged on by the leaders of the Jews, asked Jesus after they arrested him, "Are you the king of the Jews?" Jesus' answer of a kingdom from another place and another world (John 18:36) baffled them. Jesus did not bother to try to explain what the "other place" was. It is from heaven, of course. But neither Jews nor Romans could even begin to understand what He was talking about. 

Things aren't much different today. Some people mistakenly expect to see a visible kingdom of God on earth, something that looks like the familiar political or national kingdoms we know. One of the features of the kingdom of God is that it can be seen only by those who have "born-again eyes." We see it in a glass of cold water given to the thirsty, a person forgiving another who harmed him, an unexpected gesture of kindness. We see it in the fellowships of believers numbering millions, in almost every culture, language and nation on the earth, all praising the Lamb of God who was slain.

Insight: Believers need to be reminded of the fact that the people of this world cannot see the kingdom at all. but we can show them!

Michael D. Inman

Date: July 14, 2016 at 2:46 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Kingdom Revealed Again

Kingdom Revealed Again

"He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him. Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?" John 14:21-22

Scripture Focus: John 20:19-20, 26; 21:1

Good question, Judas. Jesus' answer searches the heart. He reminded His disciples that He appears to those who love Him. That does not mean that Jesus does not reveal Himself to the world, for He does so in nature, in consciences, the laws of logic, and so forth. Some people are impressed; others not. But He "shows" Himself to those who love Him because of the love bond that exists between Him and those in whom He lives by faith. The citizens of the kingdom of God are bound together in the bonds of love, God's love, given freely to us. 

I sometimes forget that one of the most precious privileges I have as a member of Christ's body, His kingdom, is Jesus' eagerness to show Himself to me again and again. He never tires of doing so. John wrote about Jesus after His resurrection, saying, "Jesus appeared again to his disciples... It happened this way" (21:1). This is my testimony and the song of all who believe: Jesus appeared again! And again! Someday we will see Him face to face, in blazing glory.

Insight: Lord, show us Jesus again and again and again. Every hour we need him!

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 13 Jul 2016, 12:51 am

Date: June 26, 2016 at 12:20 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Evangelism

Evangelism

“Then he said to his disciples, The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Matthew 9:37-38 

Scripture Focus: Matthew 9

You have probably heard Matthew 28:19 quoted to show that believers have an obligation to share the Gospel. It says, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." 

The question is, how do everyday people like us go about doing that? Evangelists use all kinds of techniques. Some communicate believing in Jesus by passing out Gospel tracts or trinkets. Others simply try to bring Jesus into conversation. Whatever the method, we must never forget the most important part in evangelism: the relationship. When Jesus shared the truth of His kingdom with others, He did it through everyday encounters and relationships. 

He did it while eating dinner, while drinking water at the well, while simply walking down the street. Jesus built trust with those He was interacting with before laying out the Gospel in a profound and simple way. Genuine human interaction-right here at home or far away-is the best way to start showing others who Jesus is.

Insight: Evangelism isn't Just about reciting the gospel to someone else; it is about having meaningful conversations that lead to transformed lives.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 11 Jul 2016, 9:20 pm

Date: August 21, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Worlds Apart, Same Kingdom

Worlds Apart, Same Kingdom

"Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all." 1 Chronicles 29:11B

Scripture Focus: 1 Chronicles 29:10-13

The kingdom of God is for all who believe in Jesus Christ. I recall an early experience I had in Korea. With shining eyes and a smile on his face, a young Korean man said, "I love Jesus." That is nice, I thought. Then he looked at me, "Do you love Jesus?" Of course I do, I thought. Am I not a missionary? 

Then I considered, "Is it possible that he believes that if he loves Jesus and I love Jesus, that means we are one in Jesus, like family members?" How could that be? Our cultures are so radically different in many respects. He is yellow, I am white. He speaks Hangul, I speak English. I have some college, he has not finished high school. Furthermore, he is a first generation believer, while all my ancestors for 150 years were believers. 

With these differences and many more, how can he assume that we are related closer than blood brothers? Because he knows - and I know - that we are washed by the same blood and energized by the same Holy Spirit. This is the kingdom that Jesus died to create.

Insight: All of us in the kingdom of god are astounded by what is happening to us. and it is good! so be it.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 08 Jul 2016, 10:40 pm

Date: July 7, 2016 at 9:53 PM
Topic: +DEV+ The "Knitted" Kingdom

The "Knitted" Kingdom

"After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb." Revelation 7:9A

Scripture Focus: Revelation 7:9-12

The kingdom of heaven has no dividing borders. The world we live in is a crazy-quilt of nations, each surrounded by clearly defined and fiercely defended borders. Furthermore, our world displays thousands of cultures, each with its languages and traditions, its rich and poor, its progressive and conservative. Can you imagine a more diverse picture? 

In the midst of all this diversity, the kingdom of God is formed, a kingdom in which all are welcome, a kingdom “Knitted” together by our color-loving, variety-making, creative God. It's a kingdom whose citizens are blind to racial, cultural or national differences. After all, they are not in the kingdom on the basis of culture or family but through the merits of Christ's atoning work. 

Jesus urges all in His kingdom to love and accept one another as brothers and sisters in the faith. Reach out in love to all people who are washed in the same fountain. As our text above states, we will be one in heaven. So why not be one on the earth? That is our challenge and our joy.

Insight: Christ followers joyfully stand on the same level ground at the foot of the cross with people almost completely different than they.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 07 Jul 2016, 7:15 pm

Date: July 7, 2016 at 1:32 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Love In The Kingdom

Love In The Kingdom

"A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." John 13:34

Scripture Focus: 1 John 4:7-21

In the hey-day of communism in Bulgaria (Christianity was to have been eradicated from its borders), a local man said to my friend when he visited there, "I love Jesus. Do you?" he assured him that he did. He took his hand and squeezed it. So hand in hand they walked down the street in Sophia, two people living in such opposite worlds yet loving one another because of Jesus' love for us. It struck me that the kingdom of God is a kingdom infused by His almighty love. God's love is the glue that holds us together. 

The kingdom of heaven is a fellowship of love - love for God and for one another. The only meaningful division among people is of those who love Christ and those who do not. That love refuses to be blocked by the walls people build to protect themselves and what they own, to identify their enemies and to dominate others. 

In Jesus all walls except the wall of sin have been made inconsequential. And those whose sin is cleansed in His blood make up a new kingdom where only one thing matters: following Jesus Christ.

Insight: Whether jew or greek, white or black, educated or uneducated, all press into the fellowship of the love of God.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 06 Jul 2016, 12:14 pm

Date: July 5, 2016 at 9:24 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Enlarging the Kingdom

Enlarging the Kingdom

"...at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Christ is Lord." Philippians 2:10-11

Scripture Focus: Philippians 2:5-11

I recall being told that bold Ethiopian people, clustered secretly in the outskirts of Addis Ababa. Though their churches were closed by the Communist regime, these disciples of Jesus poured out their hearts in prayer and song. They spoke and sang softly so as not to draw attention, but they gave themselves wholly to the ministry of the Word. It was a pathetic group by the world's standards, but in the warmth of that fellowship of persecuted believers, I could envision the headlines in "heaven's news": A Group of Jesus Lovers is Meeting in Addis Ababa - Hallelujah! They huddled together to encourage one another while the powerful Communist Central Committee met in its great hall, oblivious to God's extending kingdom gathering "underground." 

That was over 30 years ago. Communism has collapsed, and the church has arisen as a witnessing community in the land. So, I ask, what "makes news" in heaven now? I believe it is what happens among the fellowships of believers around the world - people like us humbly coming to Christ.

Insight: There is rejoicing in heaven over the news of even one sinner repenting! (see Luke 15:7)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 05 Jul 2016, 11:10 pm

Date: July 5, 2016 at 1:38 AM
Topic: +DEV+  His Possessions in the Kingdom

His Possessions in the Kingdom

"...you were redeemed... with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect." 1 Peter 1:18-19

Scripture Focus: 1 Peter 1:13-20

We are God's prized possession. He "bought" us, as it were, through the self-giving sacrifice of Jesus Christ. It is impossible to even imagine what it cost God to make you and me His spiritual children and full citizens in His kingdom. He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus. I recall a preacher once saying that God bankrupted heaven to purchase us. 

God owns those of us who have given our lives to Jesus. As His possession I begin to reckon my worth. I begin to realize how important I am. God paid that unbelievably high price for my salvation. Am I really worth that? Obviously, I am. Even if I had been the only sinning person in the entire world, that entire price would have had to be paid, and He would have paid it for me alone. My salvation cost the Trinity more than my limited mind can even conceive. 

I am going to be owned by someone, if not by myself, then by another. You will have to admit that this is true of all of us. To be owned by the source of all love is more than we could ever ask or think.

Insight: Your savior tells you, "...you are precious and honored in my sight, and... I love you" (Isaiah 43:4).

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 01 Jul 2016, 9:53 pm

Date: July 1, 2016 at 1:47 AM
Topic: +DEV+  The Kingdom, A Holy Nation

The Kingdom, A Holy Nation

"But you are... a holy nation..." 1 Peter 2:9

Scripture Focus: Psalm 33:12-22

When Peter uses the word "nation" to describe the kingdom of God, he is not thinking of a nation with a government, tax collectors, or armies. He uses the Greek word, "ethnos," which means a "people." And this is not a normal nation; it is a "holy" people. 

The Bible uses "holy" to denote two things: purity and set-apartness. The nations of the world are not noted for either of these; they are not pure, nor are they separate from the people they rule. So we see that Jesus did not set up a kingdom that compromises ethics or rules by force of law as nation-states do. The kingdom of God is a new thing on earth. It is unique, growing within the nations of the world without becoming one of the nations. 

Many of Jesus' parables concerning the kingdom teach this same principle. He spoke of yeast slowly leavening a loaf without losing its "yeastiness." He told of salt that preserves and adds taste while it remains salt. He taught about a light that conquers darkness. Into this holy kingdom He welcomes you.

Insight: The kingdom of God has never aspired to be a kingdom of this world. That is not in His plan. You are in the plan of God!

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 30 Jun 2016, 6:46 pm

Date: June 30, 2016 at 12:27 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Earthly Kingdom

Earthly Kingdom

"And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother." 1 John 4:21

Scripture Focus: 1 John 4:7-21

The Apostle Paul addressed the believers in Philippi as God's holy people in Christ Jesus at Philippi (1:1). How true! We are, indeed, citizens of heaven but also citizens on the earth. We must be careful that we do not flee from our obligation to serve in the kingdoms of this world. 

Jesus encouraged His followers to witness to the goodness of God in the kingdoms that are about to pass away by serving the outcasts, healing the sick, binding up the wounds that Satan inflicts. By doing such deeds of love, the followers of Jesus reveal the love of the Father in heaven that seeks to save that which is lost. 

While serving God in the midst of the kingdoms of this world, the citizens of the kingdom of heaven lovingly extend an invitation to all to come to Jesus, believe in Him and so enter into the glorious kingdom of heaven. It is God's plan that those in His kingdom rub shoulders with those around us, working to show God's boundless love. In this way the kingdom expands and encircles the earth.

Insight: God is pleased when His kingdom grows and expands on the earth because of the love 
we show. 

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 29 Jun 2016, 8:34 pm

Date: June 29, 2016 at 1:48 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Two Home Addresses

Two Home Addresses

"Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, to all the saints in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons: Grace and peace to you..." Philippians 1:1-2

Scripture Focus: Philippians 3:17-21

In a very real way, we followers of Jesus live in two kingdoms. Writing to the believers in Philippi, Paul addressed "all God's holy people in Christ Jesus at Philippi." His readers were residents in Philippi, yet they were citizens of the kingdom of heaven. We, too, have two addresses, so to speak, one in this world and the other - the primary one - in the kingdom of God. Knowing this, we care when the world acts contrary to Jesus, but we are not affected because the kingdom of heaven is where we have our eternal address. 

One of the realities that we face as Christ followers is that we are loyal both to the nations or societies in which we live, and we are loyal to Jesus Christ, our true King. We pay our taxes to the rulers of this world, but we give all we have to Jesus Christ. As long as we have life, we have dual citizenship. 

We should keep in mind that we lose our national citizenship when we die. But our residency in the kingdom of God is forever. In fact, we already live in the kingdom that is eternal!

Insight: I have a home... where peace and joy do reign supreme where love shall be my only theme. (Barney E. Warren, 1897)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:36 am

Date: June 28, 2016 at 1:45 AM
Topic: +DEV+ God's Kingdom

God's Kingdom

"Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." Matthew 6:10, KJV

Scripture Focus: Matthew 6:9-13

The disciples wanted to know what Jesus prayed when He talked with God. They certainly had heard His public prayers. But they wanted to know what Jesus prayed when He spoke personally with His Father in heaven. He told them, (my paraphrase) "Father in heaven, establish your kingdom here on earth like it is there in heaven." Then Jesus went on to pray for daily needs, for forgiving grace and so forth. As some later manuscripts say, He concluded with a breath-taking exaltation, "Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever" (KJV). A key thought through the prayer is of “God’s kingdom.†

Jesus knew full well that the kingdom He came to establish would be accomplished by His life, His death on the cross and His resurrection from the dead. That was costly beyond measure. In a way, God bankrupted heaven when Jesus came to earth. But Jesus' sacrificial life and death made our entrance into the kingdom possible. 

The kingdom is among us. It is here, and we can welcome others into it each day.

Insight: Consider how we can participate fully in God's kingdom and help extend it to the ends of the earth.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 27 Jun 2016, 7:58 pm

Date: June 27, 2016 at 1:39 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Kingdom Prayer

Kingdom Prayer

"One day Jesus was praying... [and] one of his disciples said to him, 'Lord, teach us to pray...'" Luke 11:1

Scripture Focus: Luke 11:1-4

I grew up praying "The Lord's Prayer." It was probably the first scripture that I memorized. I could rattle it off without pause, without error, and without thinking about what I was saying. 

I've since prayed that prayer in English, Swahili, German, Spanish and even Greek. At 85 years old I finally find myself asking, "What in the world is that prayer all about?" 

My paraphrase of the opening would be, "You established your kingdom in heaven based on your atoning work that cost you more than I can possibly imagine. Now the hosts of heaven rise in unison to praise your name. Jesus, may you be exalted and loved just like that by us on earth, in your kingdom here!" The closing words would be, "The kingdom is yours with all the power and glory that attend it." 

Is it really true that we live in a kingdom on earth that is linked with the kingdom of heaven? Yes, without a doubt! Jesus rules both as one. I long for the day when God's kingdom in and on earth will in fact become one in holy joy and eternal gratitude!

Insight: At the end of time, all earthly kingdoms will become but an asterisk in 
human history.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 25 Jun 2016, 12:18 am

Date: June 24, 2016 at 12:33 AM
Topic: +DEV+  His Prayer for You

His Prayer for You

"My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it." John 17:15-16

Scripture Focus: John 17:6-19

Is it not precious that Jesus prays specifically for those in His kingdom, each individual, by name? Are we fully aware of the fact that the Creator, Sustainer, and saving Lord is praying for each of us right now? 

In the upper room He prayed to His Father, "For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. I pray for them...for they are yours...I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name - the name you gave me - so that they may be one as we are one" (vs. 8-11). 

For whom is Jesus praying? God loves the world, of that we have no doubt. This prayer is not directed toward the world, however, but toward those who have come out of the world and allied themselves with Jesus and His kingdom. His prayer is astoundingly simple, that those who love Him should love one another with a pure, godly love. All of us who love Jesus know with certainty that Jesus is praying for us, without a pause.

Insight: When the burdens of life overwhelm you, know that the very one who saves you prays for you, too.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next