Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 11:10 pm by Admin

» PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 11:02 pm by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:47 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:40 pm by Admin

» My Manna
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 9:18 pm by Admin

» OBAMA AGAIN
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 9:17 pm by Admin

» School convinces daughter she’s a ‘boy’
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 9:11 pm by Admin

» STABBINGS and MURDERS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 5:03 pm by Admin

» CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 4:44 pm by Admin

»  Goebbels Big Lie to Defame Geller
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 4:39 pm by Admin

» Bill & Hillary Clinton
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 3:52 pm by Admin

»  Report: Jeffrey Epstein told fellow inmates he feared for his life
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 3:47 pm by Admin

»  The Heart-Rending Cry-Tisha B'Av
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 3:29 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 11:37 am by Admin

» Daily Disciples
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 11:32 am by Admin

» WAR DRUMS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:32 am by Admin

» Rep. Ilhan Omar AOC SQUAD must go: READ MORE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:19 am by Admin

» BIRTH PANGS – Series of Powerful Earthquakes Volcano's Strike Around the Globe
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:12 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 21 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin on Thu 29 Sep 2016, 7:00 pm

Date: September 29, 2016 at 3:19 AM
Topic: +DEV+  My Son, My Son!

My Son, My Son!

"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. But you, O God, will bring down the wicked....  But as for me, I trust in you." Psalm 55:22-23

Scripture Focus: Psalm 55

Many of you carry a heavy burden because of a rebellious child. It is an age-old story told throughout the Bible, starting with Adam and Eve. King David certainly knew the heartbreak of a child who had turned against him (2 Samuel 17, 18). 

What did David do? He put the focus not on himself, nor on his regrets as a parent or the hurt that came at the hands of his own child. Rather, he focused on the Lord who would carry his heartache for him. 

Does your life include the sorrow of a wayward child? Remember that God in His perfect plan turned that despair upside down when He as Father withheld His love for His Son at the cross...all to pay the price for the waywardness of each one of us. Even while we deal with defiant sons or daughters, we are reminded of how we - also willful children - have rejected His love repeatedly. At a time when God could call out to us as David did to Absalom, "My son, my son," Jesus cried out for us, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" It's all because of the deep love of the Father for us.

Insight: Today we can give our greatest pain to Jesus and trust Him to send comfort.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in urgent need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

- "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." John Stuart Mill, 1867

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." ~Maj. Gen. James Mattis~

- "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

Psalms 144:1 Blessed be Jehovah my rock, Who teacheth my hands to war, And my fingers to fight.
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 10:36 pm

Date: September 28, 2016 at 12:52 AM
Topic: +DEV+  You Are Still A Blessing!

You Are Still A Blessing!

"Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the LORD delivers him in times of trouble. The LORD will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land..." PSALM 41:1-2

Scripture Focus: Psalm 41

It is a stinging and crushing blow to be told in one way or another that you are "no good," or "no use to anyone" or that "you can't be a blessing to others the way you are." The weight of cruel words can burden a person for years. I was someone who felt that. 

One Sunday at a church I  was told they didn’t need a “crippled” pastor. I could “Attend” but my preaching days were done. I left that organization and went on to write devotionals and occasionally preach. "If the Lord says you're a blessing, then you are." 

I never again doubted my ability to bless others. Truly, our words can encourage or devastate. Thankfully, it is the kind words of our heavenly Father that mean more to me than the often careless comments of others. While on earth, Jesus spent much time blessing others with His words and with His touch. He addressed the deep personal needs of everyone with whom He came into contact. Through the Holy Spirit and the unchanging words of Scripture, He is still meeting the personal needs of you and me today. 

We are blessed!

Insight: "When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place." 
Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

- "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." John Stuart Mill, 1867

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." ~Maj. Gen. James Mattis~

- "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

Psalms 144:1 Blessed be Jehovah my rock, Who teacheth my hands to war, And my fingers to fight.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 27 Sep 2016, 3:02 pm

Date: September 27, 2016 at 12:45 AM
Topic: +DEV+ NO SHAME

NO SHAME

"In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness...be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me." Psalm 31:1-2

Scripture Focus: Psalm 31

Have you ever heard someone say to you or to someone else, "Shame on you"? It used to be a phrase more commonly heard from parents when I was growing up, and it certainly had the power to make a child feel awful. I know an older man who has said that though he couldn't remember his shameful deed, his first memory was hearing his mother say, "Shame on you." 

Praise the Lord - for that man and for all of us - that we can read the precious, restorative words of Psalm 31: "Let me never be put to shame" (vs. 1). When we pray these words along with David who first wrote them, shame is lifted from us. Even David, who had plenty to be ashamed of, knew this to be true. God never shames us. 

David could have hidden away in a cave of guilt and unworthiness. Instead, he looked to God as his Rock of refuge, the lifter of his head, knowing his times were in God's hands. God continues to lift our heads as we trust Him with all of the thoughts and actions of our lives. Through Jesus, we are offered grace, love and blessing.

Insight: God, who takes away our shame, lifts our head and delivers us with His righteousness. 

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 26 Sep 2016, 1:15 pm

Date: September 25, 2016 at 9:06 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Desert Refuge

Desert Refuge

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the LORD? And who is the Rock except our God?" Psalm 18:30-31

Scripture Focus: Psalm 18

A friend of mine who winters in Arizona along with thousands of other snowbirds enjoys collecting rocks. No matter where a person walks or hikes here, there are rocks to be found. She has a stunning variety of beryl, jasper, quartz, chrysocolla and several she can't identify lined up on her windowsill. With these smaller precious stones around and with the large rock formations and mountains in view, I can see why the psalmist thinks of the Lord when he considers the rocks. 

"Who is the Rock?" We know the answer can only be the Lord. Among many names for Jesus, the "Rock of our salvation" is one of my favorites. We see Jesus, our Rock, as powerful against any enemy that comes against us. He lifts us out of the slimy pit of life's trials and sets our feet on a rock (see Psalm 40:1-3). Though we change like the shifting sand, He is immovable. We can be grateful for His perfect way, His flawless Word, His shield in times of trouble. He is the Rock of Ages, cleft for us, in whom we can hide from all of life's storms.

Insight: "The Lord lives! praise be to my rock! Exalted be God my savior!” (Psalm 18:46)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 23 Sep 2016, 10:05 pm

Date: September 22, 2016 at 11:02 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Sing Praises

Sing Praises

"I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High." Psalm 7:17

Scripture Focus: Psalm 7

Have you ever felt discouragement and depression? Has your soul felt anguish as David wrote of in many of his psalms? Perhaps you lost your job or a friend let you down, and depression hit like a desert dust storm. This morning, I woke up in a state of sadness remembering my friend had just moved across the country. 

Here in Psalm 7, the psalmist seeks hope and refuge in God. He could have folded his hands and sighed. Instead, he took his complaint to God and learned the key to triumph over depression. He learned that by giving thanks to the Lord and singing praises, discouragement and 
depression recede. 

Jesus once spoke of worshipping the Lord "in spirit and in truth" (John 4:23). Moments after thinking of worshipping in spirit and in truth, I heard a mockingbird sing outside my window and was reminded that if creation can call out in praise, I can too. We identify with the anguished cry of heartache in many of the psalms; let's allow our hearts to also worship in spirit and truth through songs of praise.

Insight: This is my father's world, why should my heart be sad? The Lord is king; let the heavens ring! God reigns; let the Earth be glad! (Maltbie D. Babcock, 1901)

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 21 Sep 2016, 5:05 pm

Date: September 21, 2016 at 1:32 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Tree Planted by the Water

A Tree Planted by the Water

"He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalm 1:3

Scripture Focus: Psalm 1

When rain falls in the southwest desert, washes cut across arid lands carrying much-needed moisture to plants and animals. Desert willow trees often grow along these washes because the nourishment and water they need are there. A desert willow actually blooms during the hottest point in the summer and in turn provides food and shade for meandering wildlife that happens along. 

The psalmist's tree imagery resonates with all of us, whether it is desert willows we know or thick forests of oaks. We all understand that a tree growing with no good water source dries out, loses its leaves, and dies. We know in our hearts that each one of us might survive for short periods apart from our source of nourishment, the Bible. But to stand against the winds of adversity and provide shelter for others, we need the constant sustenance provided by a relationship with Jesus Christ. 

Jesus is the source of our strength. We can stand firm and grow strong along the waterway of God's Word. And in due season, He will produce fruit in us.

Insight: planted in god's word, we find much-needed nourishment. jesus faithfully increases Our strength to shelter others.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 9:16 pm

Date: September 19, 2016 at 10:48 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Gentle Warrior

Gentle Warrior

"O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar... Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD." Psalm 139:1-2, 4

Scripture Focus: Psalm 139

David stands out as possibly the best known and most beloved of the biblical writers, giving us much in the collection of Psalms. A surface look at David shows us a complex man of military strength who also had a gentle, creative side. We know him as a shepherd boy who became a man of valor and a king who powerfully led his nation. 

A musician and a poet, David touched lives during his lifetime and centuries later. But what's far more important for us to see when we read the stories of David and the poetry he wrote is whom David's life and writings are pointing us to. David was a shadow of our promised King, Jesus. Where David was a good king, he has only foreshadowed our perfect King. And where David fell, our King lived faultlessly. Today we know that only because of Jesus' life and sacrifice on our behalf can our unrighteous thoughts and actions be removed. 

He stands holding out holy, nail-scarred hands to each of us. Along with David we can praise God, cry out to Him, stand in awe of Him, and find comfort in Him. 

Insight: Because of Jesus, we can walk in confidence. "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve 
my life" (Psalm 138:7A).

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 19 Sep 2016, 10:57 pm

Date: September 19, 2016 at 2:23 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Forever Wonderful!

Forever Wonderful!

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."   Revelation 21:4

Scripture Focus: Revelation 21

Like many I know, I grieve over certain broken relationships in my life. I weep that they don't know how much I love them - how much God loves them. It once occurred to me that because, God incarnate - came in the flesh - He knows what it's like to be me. But when Jesus returned to heaven, He deposited His Spirit in me so I can feel what it's like to be Him. 

Through His Spirit, as I feel my heart break over rejected love and brokenness, I can feel the pain of God's own heart over those who have rejected His love and His invitation to a real, forever home. I wonder at Jesus' promise of heaven, that there will be no more mourning, crying or pain. 

It's hard to imagine! We don't know how He will make good on that promise, but He is faithful and powerful. He will make all things new, mend that which was broken, heal that which was diseased and wipe every tear away from our eyes. And best of all, God Himself will dwell with us, and we will be His people. Our real, forever home will be forever wonderful! 

Insight: Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine! O what a foretaste of glory divine! Heir of salvation, purchase of God, born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.  (Fanny Crosby, 1873)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 16 Sep 2016, 9:06 pm

Date: September 16, 2016 at 12:20 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Awaiting His Return

Awaiting His Return

"He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." 1Thessalonians 5:10-11

Scripture Focus: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:11

When my friend’s oldest grandson was about five years old, he commented, "Honey, you're such an encourager!" He turned and asked, “Grandpa, what do encouragers do?" Groping for words he could comprehend, my friend explained, "They take some of their courage and share it with someone else who needs it!" 

Early Christians frequently encouraged one another with the promise of Christ's return, as do modern-day believers in persecuted countries. With joy and eager anticipation they spoke (and still speak) of heaven and of the Lord's return. Paul's words of encouragement to the early believers detailed the Lord's coming and built them up to weather the storms of persecution that assailed them. 

Friends have shared with me that heaven was so much closer, having met with tragic loss or life-threatening illness. My urgent, distracted life had previously dulled my vision of the Lord's coming and heaven, but when my mother went to be with Jesus, I gathered courage by knowing that heaven's joys were now a present reality for her.

Insight: Consider how you might build up one another in your church or family by encouraging each other with the eternal view of Jesus' return.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 15 Sep 2016, 9:04 pm

Date: September 14, 2016 at 9:37 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Awaiting Adoption

Awaiting Adoption

"Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved." Romans 8:23-24A

Scripture Focus: Galatians 4:1-7

When we think of adoption, we may consider the perspective of the waiting adoptive parents. They take the initiative, fulfill the legal process and pay the fees, and then they prepare their home. I once came across a website for an agency called "Children Awaiting Parents" that finds parents for children who want to be adopted. It offered insight into the awaiting child's world. 

As children of God, we are in some ways like these children. By the agency of His Spirit, when we trust Christ, we are legally adopted into God's family. He took the initiative, completed the legal process, paid the price and prepared a place for us. But usually there is a waiting time to be picked up and taken to our new home. "Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession" (Ephesians 1:13-14). We are now legally adopted, paid for with Jesus' blood, eagerly waiting to be with our Father!

Insight: Although you're not yet in your father's home, don't behave as the orphan you once were. you are God's adopted child and heir with Jesus!

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 13 Sep 2016, 3:43 pm

Date: September 12, 2016 at 10:42 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Waiting for Redemption

Waiting for Redemption

"Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem." Luke 2:38

Scripture Focus: Luke 2:22-38

A short time can seem an eternity to small children. Oh, those long December days as they wait with anticipation for Christmas morning! 

Waiting can be tedious at the other end of life as well. Some older people have been watching and waiting for decades. We can scarcely comprehend the anticipation that must have built in the hearts of Simeon and Anna, the two devout Jewish seniors who were in the temple that day when the infant Jesus was presented there. Both of them had been longing their entire lives to see their Redeemer. 

Simeon was moved by the Holy Spirit to go to the temple that day, having a revelation that he would not die before seeing the Messiah. Anna, a widow who had lived and served at the temple for years, continually looked forward to the redemption of Jerusalem. Neither of them knew the exact day or time, but God knew. "When the set time had fully come, God sent his Son..." (Galatians 4:4). Their waiting - and the waiting of the whole world - was fulfilled in their lifetime, and in their presence!

Insight: We don't know when the Lord will return. it may be in your lifetime. Is your heart set on the promise of His appearing?

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 12 Sep 2016, 11:44 pm

Date: September 11, 2016 at 11:44 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Wait a Day!

Wait a Day!

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

Scripture Focus: Esther 5-7

Why do we pay full price for Christmas gifts and items on December 24th when we could wait until December 26th and get them at half price? What a difference waiting a day or two can make! 

In Queen Esther's story, one day made all the difference. Mordecai informed her that their people would be destroyed by an irreversible edict signed by her husband, the king. If she did nothing, all the Jews in Persia, including herself, would be killed. She hosted a banquet for the king and Haman, his advisor who had devised the plan to kill the Jews. Esther planned to expose Haman's wicked plot to the king at the banquet, but inexplicably waited and asked them both to return the next day. In that single day, God arranged a turn of events that trapped Haman into unraveling himself, exonerated Mordecai and persuaded the king to allow the Jewish people to defend themselves against him. 

One dreadful day, Jesus had died, and His disciples were discouraged and fearful. On the third day, He arose alive! Oh, glorious day!

Insight: Does it feel like you just can't hang on another day? Remember that with God everything can change in a single day!

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 08 Sep 2016, 11:14 pm

Date: September 8, 2016 at 12:21 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Waiting with Confidence

Waiting with Confidence

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16

Scripture Focus: Nehemiah 1:1-2:8

Nehemiah was a Jewish official in the court of King Artaxerxes. When he heard of the decay of Jerusalem's walls from the remnant of the captivity that returned there, his heart was broken. He cried out to God on behalf of His people. He fasted, prayed, and sought God's heart, purpose and timing. 

Finally, after waiting for four months, he had the opportunity to go to the king to request time and resources to rebuild Jerusalem's broken walls. Nehemiah wrote that "because the gracious hand of my God was upon me, the king granted my requests" (2:8). Nehemiah could approach the king with confidence because he knew God - that God is good, that He is the great King whose timing is perfect. 

Waiting on God's timing doesn't mean doing nothing. Nehemiah fasted; he prayed; he petitioned the king. And his confidence in God grew. While you wait for God to act on your behalf, let your assurance in Him - not in the outcome - grow. Jesus made the way through the cross so we can "approach the throne of grace with confidence."

Insight: Is your confidence in the favor of another person to act on your behalf? Or is it in your great and good King Jesus? 

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 07 Sep 2016, 11:27 pm

Date: September 7, 2016 at 12:11 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Watch and Wonder

Watch and Wonder

"Look among the nations, and see; wonder and be astounded. For I am doing a work in your days that you would not believe if told." Habakkuk 1:5, ESV

Scripture Focus: Habakkuk 1:1-5

When Jesus entered our world in Bethlehem over 2,000 years ago, the scene was no more peaceful then than it is today. There was oppression, uncertainty, corruption and violence. Yet the heavenly host famously proclaimed, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests." 

600 years earlier, Habakkuk cried out to God about the violence, sin, and strife of the world in his day. He lamented how the wicked surrounded the righteous. He asked God, "How long shall I cry for help and you will not hear?" That may sound like something a believer in Jesus Christ would cry out today. 

The prophet's lament did not put off God. Rather, He responded to "How long?" with "Look!" God called His people to watch and wonder at the work He was doing in their day. 

When we grieve that today's conflicts seem far from the peace that the Gospel proclaims, we're called to watch and wonder at the work God is doing in and through His people. His favor brings peace through the cross of Christ!

Insight: "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our lord Jesus Christ." Romans 5:1

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 07 Sep 2016, 12:06 am

Date: September 5, 2016 at 10:48 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Best for Last

Best for Last

"May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through... The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

Scripture Focus: John 19:30

How good is "good enough" for God? Can you do enough in a day to make yourself acceptable to Him? There are days where you might say, yes, I can. If you are willing to drop the public perception of goodness that we all have crafted, you'll admit that you can't even live up to your own standards of goodness, let alone God's standards. We all spend a great deal of effort trying to achieve happiness and be good at the same time. It's an exhausting, exasperating pursuit. 

The good news of the Bible - of the Gospel - is that Jesus was more than good enough for us. At the cross He made the great exchange, giving His perfect obedience and goodness for our sin and guilt. And with that, He exclaimed "it is finished." There is nothing more to be done. Ever. 

If you have shifted your faith from your own efforts to the perfect, complete work of Jesus Christ for you, God Himself has promised to make you good enough. I've "saved the best for last" because the word of Jesus Christ is indeed the best and final Word for us.

"I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing." (Ezekiel 34:26)

Insight: Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow... Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost."  (Thomas Kern, 1709)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 05 Sep 2016, 8:00 pm

Date: September 5, 2016 at 1:13 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Sanctified

Sanctified

"May God himself... sanctify you... May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

Scripture Focus: Romans 8:28-30

Some of the most compelling movies and books tell the stories of individuals who overcome all odds to succeed. It is only natural that we would think of sanctification in those terms. 

I would define sanctification this way: the process whereby God makes us more and more like Jesus. It continues throughout our lives until Christ comes again or until we go to be with Him. The reality of this process, both according to Scripture and in our experience, is that no matter how hard we work, we can't completely overcome sin. Sure, we put off particular sins for a season or even for the rest of our lives, but then we soon find ourselves wrestling again with anger, jealousy, or fear.

If the success of our sanctification depends on our effort alone, then we have no hope, no movie, and no book. But as this benediction makes clear, it is ultimately God who completes our sanctification. He does it. This is our sure and ultimate hope. God called you to Himself, and He will make sure you are made fit for heaven.

Insight: "I recollect when I resolved never to sin again; I sinned before I had done my breakfast." (Sermon By Charles Spurgeon, 1887)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 04 Sep 2016, 10:47 pm

Date: September 1, 2016 at 10:21 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Powerful Patience

Powerful Patience

"May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light." Colossians 1:11-12, ESV

Scripture Focus: 2 Peter 3:1-1

Following Jesus takes patience. What many of us would like is instant transformation; both personally (in our sanctification) and universally (with the return of Jesus). Sometimes even the 60 seconds we wait for a microwave meal seems to take forever. Waiting for the life-long process of our sanctification to be complete can be downright discouraging. 

We find ourselves telling God we want patience and we want it now! As Peter said, dear friends, "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9). 

The Lord is patient with us, so we can seek to be patient in ourselves, too. Because He is faithful, God will give us the patience we need. He has qualified us; we haven't qualified ourselves, and He will see us through. Patience comes to us as a gift and as a blessing. Jesus obtained it for you, and now He freely gives it to you. That is a great reason to give thanks!

Insight: "I don't have any great counseling formulas, only Jesus. only Jesus. only Jesus." (Jack Miller, Heart Of A Servant Leader , 2004)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 8:35 pm

Date: September 1, 2016 at 10:21 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Powerful Patience

Powerful Patience

"May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light." Colossians 1:11-12, ESV

Scripture Focus: 2 Peter 3:1-1

Following Jesus takes patience. What many of us would like is instant transformation; both personally (in our sanctification) and universally (with the return of Jesus). Sometimes even the 60 seconds we wait for a microwave meal seems to take forever. Waiting for the life-long process of our sanctification to be complete can be downright discouraging. 

We find ourselves telling God we want patience and we want it now! As Peter said, dear friends, "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9). 

The Lord is patient with us, so we can seek to be patient in ourselves, too. Because He is faithful, God will give us the patience we need. He has qualified us; we haven't qualified ourselves, and He will see us through. Patience comes to us as a gift and as a blessing. Jesus obtained it for you, and now He freely gives it to you. That is a great reason to give thanks!

Insight: "I don't have any great counseling formulas, only Jesus. only Jesus. only Jesus." (Jack Miller, Heart Of A Servant Leader , 2004)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 01 Sep 2016, 11:04 pm

Date: August 31, 2016 at 11:38 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Powerful Endurance

Powerful Endurance

Scripture Focus: Philippians 2:12-13; 3:8-16

We admire those who "stick to it," yet we often do not exhibit that quality in our own lives. The Olympic athlete who has endured years of training in order to compete impresses us. Yet few if any of the athletes maintain their strict regimen of diet and exercise once the games are done. The same dynamic plays out in just about all of life. It is hard to stick with a trade, a craft, a group or even a marriage for the long haul. It is especially true of the Christian faith. 

Statistics tell us that many who make a profession of faith in Jesus as their Lord and Savior drift away. Only 3 in 10 pastors stay in ministry beyond 10 years. What do we do to endure to the end and cross the finish line for the prize? Nothing. God gives us the power to endure through faith in Christ. In addition to giving us the necessary endurance, it is God Himself who has made us saints, qualifying us to inherit His kingdom. 

Are you tired, burned out and thinking of walking away from Jesus? Then today receive His enduring blessing.

Insight: "If Adam in perfection could not keep himself in paradise, how can his imperfect children be so proud as to rely on their own steadfastness?" (Sermon By Charles Spurgeon, 1876)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 31 Aug 2016, 8:10 pm

Date: August 30, 2016 at 9:45 PM
Topic: +DEV+ In All Times

In All Times

"Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you." 2 Thessalonians 3:16

Scripture Focus: Daniel 3:1-30

Worry robs us of peace. So let's do an honest assessment; how many times did you worry yesterday? Last week? Last year? Can you imagine what life would be like if you never worried and had "peace at all times in every way"? There is no self-help program that will get you there. 

In our reading today, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego displayed an otherworldly peace in the face of horrifying torture. They were confident that God would deliver them from the flames of a fiery furnace, but they were also at peace if He chose not to rescue them. They knew that God was with them and for them, and that was enough. After all, if the Creator and Sustainer of the universe is on your side, what more do you need? As it turned out, God was indeed right with them. 

Jesus shields us from the fiery flames of God's wrath, flames kindled by our sin and rebellion. On the cross, Jesus absorbed the flames in our place, satisfying God's justice. If you are trusting in Him, you can be at peace in all times and in every way.

Insight: Peace can't be found by looking within - it only comes when we look up to the Lord of peace himself.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 30 Aug 2016, 9:55 pm

Date: August 30, 2016 at 1:32 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Equipped to do His Will

Equipped to do His Will

"May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will..." Hebrews 13:20-21A

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 10:1-14

Super-heroes or spies like James Bond seem to have all the gadgets they need to fight evil. But sometimes their gadgets fail and they succumb to the enemy. You know that God calls you and equips you to do His will, but do you worry that His equipping won't be quite enough? Might it run out or fail and you will be caught by your enemy, the devil? 

Fear not, because this blessing assures us that through Jesus Christ He will always equip us to do His will. Did you notice in today's reading that Jesus is sitting at God's right hand, not standing? The author of Hebrews is communicating to us that the work of Jesus is not lacking in any way; there is no more work to do; He can sit. We also read that Jesus "has made perfect forever those who are being made holy." "Has made" and "being made" show us both the completion and the process. God is working out in real time what He has already accomplished in eternity. In your struggles with sin, you have even more at hand than a super-hero because you have Jesus.

Insight: "You are secure, not because you are strong, but because God is sovereign..."  (John Piper, Sermon On Hebrews 13:22-25, 1997)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 29 Aug 2016, 6:22 pm

Date: August 28, 2016 at 10:49 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Amazing Love

Amazing Love

"Peace to the brothers, and love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 6:23

Scripture Focus: John 3:16-18

There is an old country song about looking for love in all the wrong places. Whenever we seek love apart from faith in God, we're looking in the wrong place. We're on a quest to be loved by another, wanting to make ourselves seem lovable, attractive, and fun. Looking for love is wanting to be wanted. It is a desire to be adored by others... in a sense, to be worshipped. 

It's a hard charade to keep up; eventually, our true colors come out. Selfishness and pride begin poking holes in the image we are trying to project, driving away the very people we tried so hard to attract. 

The good news of this blessing is that you don't have to earn the love of God. In fact, you can't. If our quest for love devolves into a desire to be worshipped, we end up trying to steal what is rightfully God's. In response, He graciously gives us His love through faith in Christ. 

Only when we are trusting in the work of Jesus on our behalf can we know that God loves us and is pleased with us. What a great gift! What a great love!

Insight: Amazing love! How can it be that thou, my God, shouldst die for me? (Charles Wesley, 1738)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 11:10 am

Date: August 26, 2016 at 1:24 AM
Topic: +DEV+  May Your Hearts Be Comforted

May Your Hearts Be Comforted

"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word." 2 Thessalonians 2: 16-17, ESV

Scripture Focus: Ephesians 2:8-10

When a kid has had a bad day, what's more comforting than coming home to a batch of warm, fresh-baked cookies? Food is one of the many places we look for comfort. Some look to entertainment, to shopping or to substances for pleasure. But we quickly discover that these kinds of comfort do not last. The cookies are eaten, the movie ends, the credit card bill arrives, we need more. The comfort that we find in things, people and experiences is fleeting. 

So where can we go to obtain lasting comfort? We don't have to go anywhere. As this blessing makes clear, eternal comfort is something that God our Father gives to us. We can't buy it, earn it or manufacture it; it is a gift received by faith. It is by grace we have been saved through faith - faith that Jesus has done everything necessary to bring us into a right relationship with the Creator of the universe. 

We have assurance that in Christ we are loved by God our Father. It is there that we find a deep, unmovable, never-ending comfort which transcends our circumstances.

Insight: "Unconditional love is an illogical notion, but such a great and powerful one." (A.J. Jacobs, 2008)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 25 Aug 2016, 4:42 pm

Date: August 23, 2016 at 1:59 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Blessed to Build up Others

Blessed to Build up Others

"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 15:5-6

Scripture Focus: Romans 15:1-6; Psalm 69

As I write this, the sports media outlets are abuzz with the latest boastings of an athlete who claims to be the best. Most of the reaction has been to look down on him for his boasting; or, to put it another way, people are proud that they don't boast like him! 

Sadly, Christians often do the same kind of thing. We look down on others for their worship style, clothing, recreational choices, etc. Paul addressed this in Romans 14. His solution? Look to Jesus. To judge those redeemed by Jesus and made in God's image is to insult God. Yet, Jesus willingly took the insults we have hurled at God (directly or indirectly) and absorbed them, removing God's anger from us. 

That alone ought to make us less likely to judge others. Yet we need something more; we need a changed heart, one that willingly endures hardship for others and seeks to encourage. 

God promises to give us the kind of radical heart change we need. He'll equip us to do the very thing He has called us to do. We are blessed to build others up.

Insight: "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up..." (1 Thessalonians 5:11)

Michael D. Inman

Date: August 25, 2016 at 2:16 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Eternal Love
Eternal Love

"Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and a brother of James, To those who have been called, who are loved by God the Father and kept by Jesus Christ:  Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance." Jude 1:1-2

Scripture Focus: 2 Timothy 1:8-10; Romans 8:38-39

Can you imagine love "in abundance"? No doubt it would be wonderful and would give you buoyancy in life to surpass just about any circumstance. But no matter how great your imaginings, the abundant love God gives to us in Christ is greater. 

The love between a husband and wife begins at some point in time; both hope it will continue until death separates them. However, they do know that there is always the possibility it will end. The love of a parent for a child also began at a point in time, yet despite the best of assurances, children worry that something they do will cause their parents to stop loving them. Our love is time-bound and tenuous. The love that God gives to us in Christ is abundant; it has no beginning, and it will never end. 

If you are feeling the pain of love lost, lean hard on Jesus. On the cross He removed the guilt of your sin, and that is mercy. In life, He always obeyed God for you - giving you peace with God. If you believe that, you are kept by Him. Receive His abundant love!

Insight: "The best proof that He will never cease to love us lies in that he never began."  (Geerhardus Vos, 1928)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 24 Aug 2016, 10:35 pm

Date: August 24, 2016 at 3:16 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Blessed to Glorify God Together

Blessed to Glorify God Together
"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify... God..." Romans 15:5-6
Scripture Focus: Romans 14
A familiar catechism question asks, "What is the chief end of man?" The answer is "to glorify God and enjoy him forever." Of course, the catechism is only summarizing what Scripture teaches: that we are created to glorify God. 
All too often we think of this in individualistic terms; we think our way of glorifying God is the only way. Paul shows us how a vegetarian Christian is prone to look down on a meat-eating Christian and vice versa. Both approaches to eating glorify God; both are to be acknowledged in the same church. We are called to glorify God individually but also together, as we all follow Jesus. To do that, Paul says, we will need a spirit of unity. 
Perhaps you'd like a secret method for developing a spirit of unity in your church. I am glad Paul doesn't give that. Instead he roots our call to unity in the assurance that God will grant us the very thing we need so that together we may glorify Him! The blessing of unity comes from God to us so that our praises can go from us to Him!
Insight: We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing ... sing praises to His name; he forgets not His own.  (Netherlands Folk Hymn, 1597

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next