World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyToday at 6:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyToday at 5:09 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyToday at 5:07 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyToday at 4:52 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyToday at 4:42 pm by Admin

» Minister Smotrich-PM Netanyahu Show your strength
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyToday at 4:29 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyToday at 4:27 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyToday at 4:20 pm by Admin

» Biden Bless/Abortions with cross sign
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyToday at 2:02 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyToday at 2:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyToday at 1:51 pm by Admin

» AISH
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyToday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Haggadah Passover
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyYesterday at 10:45 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyYesterday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyYesterday at 8:27 pm by Admin

» BooK of Revelation Various
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyYesterday at 5:00 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:43 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Focus: Foster carers concerns EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Focus: Foster carers concerns

3 posters

Go down

Focus: Foster carers concerns Empty Foster carers

Post  trevorofbude Sat 31 Jan 2009, 8:37 pm

Whilst it is good that many people are willing to fotser children I have been alarmed this week by two developements. My wife and I applied to be carers and would have been welcomed until we were told that we would have to do a course which involved learning to be politically correct and part of that would mean we could not share our faith with the children in our care if our beliefs were deemed discriminatory and also we would have to teach and encourage children to experiment with sexually immoral and homosexual teachings. That was enough for us not to get involved but since then I have taken an interest in Fosteing news. The two issues I have come across this week may have escaped the main news as the BBC in particular refuses to publicise anything that involves making a moral decision - except maybe when it comes to pardoning its celebrities for their disgusting behaviour!!

On local radio in Cornwall we are being asked to snoop and report anyone who has a child living with them for over 4 weeks as it is 'technical' fostering. At first sight you may think it is a safety issue but what it will mean is that if my daughter wanted my grandchild to stay with my wife and I for the 6 week summer holiday for some reason I would have to register as a foster carer and if I didnt I would be committing a criminal offence!

Talking about criminal offence what about the second issue in Edinburgh where a recovering addict mum whose parents would love to adopt their grandchildren have been told they are not suitable - apparently because the grandad has angina (though it doesnt stop him working as a farm labourer) and the granny has diabetes (an illness which is inconvenient but normally controlled and allowing a normal life). For two years this caring couple have been fighting the system without success and have now been told if they dont accept that Social Services know better and so will place the children (aged 4 & 5) with total strangers (who they deem will be much more suitable) they may be banned from seeing them again. That is disgusting in itself but at least the children will grow up in a normal environment with a new mummy and daddy. - if only - In fact they have been offered to two gay men who happen to live together despite the well documented evidence that childen are best with a mother and a father figure!

This has been front page news in the free press but I have waited in vain for any mention on the BBC but praps I missed something!

trevorofbude

Back to top Go down

Focus: Foster carers concerns Empty Foster carers.

Post  curlyboisvert Sat 31 Jan 2009, 4:59 pm

It is a wonderful service these people do I agree. But the reason for them putting a stop on smokers or people that are obese is because.1/ The affect of smoke on children or the example of smoking.
2/ If the carers are obese is it a good example of healthy living or would it affect the health of the carer and ultimately upset the child again if the carers is ill with an obesity related desease.
Once many years ago, it was mainly church goers that could adopt or foster. As this was concidered to be wrong was opened to everyone.

curlyboisvert

Back to top Go down

Focus: Foster carers concerns Empty Focus: Foster carers concerns

Post  Admin Sat 24 Jan 2009, 9:44 pm

Foster carer's in Focus
As Christians......
We know our body is the temple of the Holy ghost
It is said that changes are in the pipe line that any smokers or obese person will not be allowed to foster.
Many of these people are non Christians, or who may be smokers or what is termed as obese.
They do a wonderful service in taking on children from broken homes or for a family in need of a helping hand etc.,

Are they dividing society, should this go ahead?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Focus: Foster carers concerns Empty Re: Focus: Foster carers concerns

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down