World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Gatestone Institute
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyYesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyYesterday at 10:48 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Admin

» Woke Kindergarten?
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyYesterday at 10:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyYesterday at 10:12 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyYesterday at 8:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Admin

» AISH
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyYesterday at 8:52 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyYesterday at 8:42 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyYesterday at 6:59 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyYesterday at 6:52 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 11:35 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:37 pm by Admin

» The Holocaust and Faith
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:26 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:52 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:35 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 7:01 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Focus on Unforgivable Sin EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Focus on Unforgivable Sin

Go down

Focus on Unforgivable Sin Empty Re: Focus on Unforgivable Sin

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 4:34 pm

The Unpardonable sin is not a singular event for which a person later feels remorse.It is an ongoing willful and active rejection of the testimony of the Holy Spirit concerning the person and truth of Christ, and it can only be committed by an unbeliever.
The bible speaks of having a hardened heart. This is not a one time thing. It is the result of gradual progression in which the conviction of the Holy Spirit is continuely rejected. If you are concerned about this then you are innocient of it. A person with a hardened heart has no concern for things of God. BUT if you have a desire in your heart for things of God as is expressed through concern that you have committed the unpardonable sin, then you do not have a hardenrd heart. Your concern confirms your innocience. God always welcomes those whose hearts are sensitive toward Him.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 12:40 pm

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

There is no other unpardonable sin mentioned in scripture.

Its not surprising as Christ said that ALL other sin and blaspheme shall be forgiven BUT blaspheme against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven.

There are churches that say that there are lots of unpardonable sins like - suicide, abortion, murder, denial of the faith. However, Christ says no! ALL sin shall be forgiven apart from blaspheme against the Holy Spirit. Which was a denial of Christ's Miraculous Power while he was in the flesh presenting himself to Israel.

When Peter preached to Israel and they refused his testimony it was never referred to as unpardonable. And the same is true for Paul's testimony. In fact this sin is never mentioned again in the whole of the Bible. That is why l say it was unique to Christ's ministry.
Steve
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 12:39 pm

They were the only examples l could think of at the time. There are probably examples in the NT and today.
As l said the unpardonable sin was unique but rejecting God generally is different and is not unique.

God bless
Steve

Hi. I don't have a Bible in front of me right now, so I don't know what Luke 12 says, but I do know that the only unforgivable sin is "blasphemy against the Holy Ghost."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 12:38 pm

Those examples are all OT Steve, so before Jesus came and offered us a new way and a direct line to God. By his death on the cross. So since then the grace of God is available to all who ask for it and therefore there is no thing unpardoned, merely the fact that some dont ask repentence for their sin (as mentioned by Zerich in post 10) and prefer to live 'in sin'.
My two cents
EF.x
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 12:38 pm

There have been no unpardonable sins in the past, but the consequences of sin are sometimes inevitable and irreversible

Here are a few examples.
Adam could not re-entire Eden in spite of sacrifice.
Esau could not repent though he sought it with tears.
Moses could not enter the land in spite of his repentance.
Davids sin was judged in the death of the child in spite of his tears and repentance.
Israel could not turn back the Babylonian hordes in spite of calling on God. The judgment of God for their idolatry was certain.

God bless
Steve
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 12:37 pm

Well said Zerich. I mentioned the rejection of men in post 8 which you have rightly called the hardened heart.

God bless
Steve
I second
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 12:36 pm

I wish to expand just a touch on Steve's posting . As Steve stated, The Pharisees had seen proof of Christ's diety, but instead of acknowleging Jehovah God, they instead attributed the supernatural power to Satan instead of the work of the Holy Spirit. Christ is not in the World as He was then. The circumstances of Matthew 12 make it impossible for this sin to take place today. Many many Christians and Nonchristians are afraid that they have committed the unpardonable sin. All feel hopeless because of it. Hundreds of verses in the bible promise the forgiveness of All sin through Christ but only one passage refers to an unforgiveable sin.

(To be Continued)
(Contuation)

Christians who fear they have committed the unpardonable sin demonstrate by their repentance that they have not done so, and the forgiveness of God is freely offered to them.
Altho there is no unpardenable sin, there is an unpardonable state......The state of continued unbelief.There is no parden for a person who dies in unbelief.That is the same as having a hardened heart. The hardened heart has no desire for the things of God. Unpardonable sin is not a singular event for which a person later feels remorse. It is an ungoing, willful, and active rejection of the testamony of the Holy Spirit concerning the person and truth of Jesus Christ, and it can only be committed by an unbeliever.

Thoughts????? ZERICH
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 12:36 pm

Having said all that l think there is more to say about the rejection of preachers of the Gospel.

I believe that those that God has called to preach the Gospel have a solemn responsibility to preach the message without alteration and they should preach the whole counsel of God.

I believe too that people who hear the message have a responsibility to respond to the message favorably. In fact Jesus when teaching the disciples said 'If they do not welcome you or listen to you - When you leave shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them'

Jesus gives us two points. No 1 the welcome. No 2 the listening to you. (notice he does not say that they believe the message but that they give you a hearing) When the preacher of the Gospel comes to a community he must preach the word faithfully and he is to expect two things. A welcome from the leaders of the community and respectfully listening to his message. They ask no more. The responsibility to respond to the message is firmly with the listeners before God.

Now, What is the preacher to do if he is not given a welcome? or if he is shouted down or expelled? The scripture says 'After the first and second admonition reject'.

God does not expect the preacher to continue in a 'no progress situation' after two attempts to get a hearing he is to leave.

God will take over at this point and hold men responsible for not welcoming him and for not listening. (Preachers were to witness in pairs because every word was to be confirmed by two witnesses)

The shaking off the dust - was saying - It would have been better if the listeners had never heard the message because in rejecting it their standing with God is worse than before they heard the messengers.

In what way could the communities make amends to the preachers?

They could come humbly asking for forgiveness and seeking to invite the preachers back to minister Gods word in their community. Without this turn around, no further communication was possible.

God bless
Steve
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 12:35 pm

Hi everybody,

My take on this passage is that this was a unique sin in the sence that the religious leaders were faced with the undeniable evidence of Jesus Messianic claims. Jesus had just delivered a man that had a dumb demon. (which the Jews believed was only able to be done by the coming Messiah. Jesus has also just performed two other miracles that were also understood by the Jews as being performed only by the Messiah, The restoration of sight to a man born blind and the cleansing of the leper.)

The cleansing of the dumb demon was a clear manifestation of Christs Messiahship. The Religious leaders however unwilling to accept Jesus as the Christ said that Jesus cast out the demon by Satans power. Now Jesus was empowered by the Holy Spirit to do these things. So these man were blaspheming the Holy Spirits work in Christs ministry.

From now on in the ministry of the Lord Jesus a major change takes place. He refuses to give more teaching to those who have rejected him and so he teaches only in parables publically and explains them in private to his disciples. He does this so that seeing they might not see and hearing they might not understand. When Jesus later stood infront of Caiphas and Herod he refused to speak. Jesus also insists that those who come to him to be healed have faith first. His ministry is strictly ristricted to those who have not gone with the national position of rejection of his Messianic claims.

In subsequent passages Jesus refers to 'This generation' many times. This generation was now under the judgment of God and this Jewish nation would finally within 40years do totally destroyed and scattered.

All the evil men of previous days would rise up to condemn this generation because they had God manifest in flesh yet they refused him and blasphemed the Holy Spirits work in his ministry. This national sin was unforgiven and Jesus said it would never be forgiven of that generation.

I hope this helps the discussion.

God bless
Steve
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 12:35 pm

Id love to know too Wayne, I am most grateful for your input so far. I agree it would be to speak against. Maybe to say bad things perhaps?

Anyone?
Rushing around at the moment Missy, I have been out busy today so need to catch up best I can on things that would not take too much thought an search for scriptures.
I happen to know Steve has a message on this which we touched on in our bible study. As you know he is offline with puter problems. I am sure he will have something very interesting to say on this when he gets back online.
Elaine.
Sorry Missy, I am following this thread, but would like to hear what Steve has to teach before I add anything. This is something that has always intrigued me and when it came up the other night I decided to push for the understanding, but we didnt have time to do it then.
God bless
EF.x
Yes Ef, I too look forward to Steves input, unfortuantely hes offline.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 12:34 pm

Praise the Lord missy, the scripture that you are talking about is blaspheming the Holy Ghost.
which i understand as speaking against the Holy Ghost like trying to take Gods glory and saying "Look see what i have done, God didnt do this i did" or lie like Ananias and sapphira to the Holy Ghost when ask about the property that they sold.
And you asked how does it apply to our lives today?
Thats a Really good question sis missy i will try my best to answer it.
I think as i understand it, we must live a holy life which honors God, we have a choice to do what God asks us to do or listen to the enermy,he his the father of lies and liars, when we lie its bad but when we say God said this and this when he didnt i understand that this his blaspheming the Holy Ghost.
id love to know what others think on this subject missy, hope this is alright.
love Bro Wayne
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Focus on Unforgivable Sin Empty Focus on Unforgivable Sin

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 12:33 pm

What is the unforgivable sin mentioned in Luke 12? And how does it apply to our life today?

Look forward to your thoughts.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down