World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 39 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 39 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 7:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 11:15 pm by Admin

» Jews of Egypt
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 9:46 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge Inspirational

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 Empty Re: Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge Inspirational

Post  Admin Mon 02 Apr 2018, 7:14 pm

GOD WILL CAUSE YOUR GIFT TO PROMOTE YOU

When we see something moldy, we throw it away. But when Alexander Fleming saw his culture dishes contaminated with mold, he discovered penicillin. You see, he had a gift which prospered him.

Joseph, a Hebrew slave in Egypt, had nothing except his gift of interpreting dreams. But look at what that gift did for him. It prospered him. He interpreted Pharaoh’s dream and became the most powerful man in Egypt after Pharaoh. (Genesis 41)

“But some people may say, what if I don’t have any gifts?”

My friend, don’t let anyone tell you that you don’t have any gifts. God has given each person a gift which can open doors of opportunities and bring in great blessings.

Maybe you are just not aware of that gift you have inside you, or perhaps it has profited you nothing thus far as you have not found out how best to use it. You need to take your gift and ask God for wisdom to cultivate it until it becomes such a powerful tool or “precious stone” that wherever you turn, you prosper.

This was the case with a church brother who was tremendously gifted in the creative arts. For a long time, he lacked the confidence and boldness to leave the security of his police job and step out on his own. But when he began to seek God’s wisdom for his situation, God gave him boldness to leave his job and go back to school to pursue the creative arts. In school, he prospered, becoming one of its top students and impressing the principal so much with his creative gift that he was offered a teaching position in the school even before he graduated.

Now, please don’t go and quit your job after reading this. What you should do is ask God for wisdom regarding your gift. For when the wisdom of God is added to your gift, that gift becomes “a precious stone in the eyes of its possessor; wherever he turns, he prospers”.

Proverbs 17:8
A present is a precious stone in the eyes of its possessor; wherever he turns, he prospers.
Matthew 18:3-4
And God said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. . Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
©️ 2018 Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 Empty Re: Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge Inspirational

Post  Admin Sun 01 Apr 2018, 4:01 pm

Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 Passio12Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 Angels11
Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge  Inspirational - Page 9 Ascens10

Resurrection Day

As we commemorate the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ this Easter, let us be conscious of how Jesus willingly laid down His life and suffered for us at the cross, so that we can have an abundant life today, and for all eternity.

Through His death, burial and resurrection, Jesus has completely defeated the powers of darkness. And today, we have Jesus’ resurrection power in us. His very same power that conquered death, darkness, sickness and diseases, is in you!

So, let us take time during this season to remember Jesus, His immense love for us, and His perfect, finished work for us at the cross.

We are very thankful for you. We pray that as you learn more about and experience the resurrection power and life of our Lord Jesus, you will walk in a greater and greater measure of redemption’s blessings divine health, restoration, peace and provision. You are greatly blessed, highly favored and deeply loved!

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things become new.
And God said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. . Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 11 Feb 2018, 8:16 pm

Be Numbered Among The Undevourable

The devil cannot just walk right up to you and rob you of your health, peace or family. He cannot just come into your life to enforce disease and destruction.

If the devil can do that, then he does not have to walk about “seeking whom he may devour”. He only has to walk straight up to anyone he wants to devour and devour him! But since the Bible says that he goes about seeking whom he may devour, the truth then is that there are people whom he cannot devour.

You see, the devil goes about like a roaring lion trying to stir up fear in people with his roars. But the people who are not devourable are those who refuse to be intimidated by his roars because they know that the true Lion of Judah, Jesus Christ (Revelation 5:5), has already come and rendered powerless him who had the power of death. (Hebrews 2:14, NASB) They know that the devil cannot just do anything to them because the Lion of Judah resides in them, and that He is greater than the devil who is in the world. (1 John 4:4)

The Lion of Judah is in you. He has given you rights, privileges, authority and power. He redeemed you with His blood. Therefore, everything about you and your life is redeemed by His blood. So if you are fearful about losing your job, cover your job with the blood of Jesus.

If you are worried about your children’s safety in these days of terrorist attacks, plead the blood of Jesus over them. If you have received a bad report from the doctor, speak the blood over yourself.

Whatever you have covered with the blood of Jesus, God declares, “Protected! Redeemed!” And the devil flees when he sees the blood. And when he flees, he takes with him sicknesses, diseases, pains, sufferings, destruction and loss.

Once the devil knows that you know who you are in Christ and what you have in Him, his days of intimidating you are over, and you are numbered among the undevourable!

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
If you have a prayer request click HERE and enter your request, if the link does not bring up your email client then reply to this Devotional and enter your prayer request..

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 09 Feb 2018, 10:21 pm

The Head And Body Are One

God’s Word says that Christ is the head and we the church are His body. So Christ and the church are one. Christ and you are one!

You cannot say that God sees Christ the head perfect but His body imperfect. Or that Christ is accepted but His body not accepted.

The measure of Jesus’ acceptance with God is the measure of your acceptance with God!

So it makes no sense to say that the head is well but the body sick, that the head is rich but the body in lack, or that the head is at rest but the body full of stress.

My friend, what Jesus is before God, you His body are. As He is, so are you in this world! (1 John 4:17)

Today, God wants you to lay claim on Christ being your head. Start believing that all His perfections, and the delight and joy that He brings to the Father’s heart, He has set to your account. And you will begin to realize that as Jesus is a sweet-smelling aroma to the Father, so are you!

The more you begin to see that you are one with Christ, the more you will realize that whatever you need right now, He is dispensing to you.

If you are sick in your body, Christ your head imparts His health and healing to you. If you lack wisdom, Christ your head freely imparts His wisdom to you. If you have any lack, Christ your head gives you His exceeding riches.

My friend, please have this rich revelation that Christ and you are one. You can never be separated from Christ your head from whom comes all the supply for your body all the power, wisdom, provision and health. So declare, “As He is, so am I in this world!”

Colossians 1:18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
If you have a prayer request click HERE and enter your request, if the link does not bring up your email client then reply to this Devotional and enter your prayer request..

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 06 Feb 2018, 9:57 pm

Choose Not To Worry

Many Christians are familiar with Jesus’ rhetorical question, “Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?” But not many of us actually let it get into our hearts and allow the love of God to free us from our habit of worrying.

The truth is, no amount of worrying can lengthen your life or add anything to your physical person. Instead, worrying robs you of sleep, health and many good years. In fact, it is only when you are worry-free that God’s anointing flows freely in you, strengthening, healing, restoring and adding to you.

A senior church member at a certain church, after undergoing a mammogram, found that she had lumps in her breast. Upon receiving the doctor’s report, she wrote this down on the report: “Jesus is my healer. I receive my healing. I am healed. I rest in God completely.”

She was due back at the clinic later the same day for a biopsy to see if the lumps were malignant. Her sister-in-law, who was having lunch with her that day, witnessed her cheerful and worry-free attitude while she ate her lunch.

Back at the clinic, this precious sister sat among other ladies who were also there for their biopsies. They looked very worried, so she started sharing Jesus with them and prayed for some of them. When her turn came and she had an ultrasound scan done, the doctor was puzzled—her scan showed no evidence of any lumps!

The doctor went back to consult her colleague who had first discovered the lumps. Stunned, both doctors conducted their own investigations. They returned to her only to say, “It’s a miracle!”

When you worry, you are actually believing that the devil has the power to make inroads into your life that God cannot protect you from. But when you refuse to worry, you are putting your faith in God. You have more confidence in His love and power working for you than in the devil’s ability to harm you! When you refuse to worry, but choose to rest in the finished work of Christ, you will see the manifestation of your blessing. You will see your miracle!

Matthew 6:27
Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:58 pm

When You See God’s Grace, He Sees Your Faith

If you want God’s promises to be sure in your life, you cannot depend on yourself. If you depend on yourself your obedience, goodness, service and even faith you will not be able to receive God’s promises. But when you depend on God’s grace His unmerited, unearned, undeserved favor toward you that is when His promises become sure in your life.

This was true of the woman with the issue of blood. (Matthew 9:20–22) She didn’t go around saying, “I must have faith…I hope that I have enough faith…I will have faith…I will not lose faith.” No, she was only conscious of the grace of Jesus—how He always healed the sick, how powerful He was in raising the dead and how willing He was to use that power for her healing.

She just saw His grace abounding toward her, so much so that she said, “If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.” And when she came behind Jesus and touched the very hem of His garment, she was healed. At that same moment, Jesus stopped, turned around and said to her, “Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well.”

When the woman saw His grace, God saw her faith! And so it was by grace, through faith, that God’s promise became sure in her life. God wants you to see His grace. And when you see His grace, He sees your faith. God says, “For by grace are you saved through faith.” The Greek word for “saved”, sozo, doesn’t just mean to save from hell, but also to heal, preserve and make whole. So it is by grace that you are made whole, kept healthy, preserved and blessed. It is by grace through faith that God’s promises become sure in your life.

So don’t worry if you feel that you lack faith. Begin to see God’s grace in your situation and He will see that as faith. And because He sees your faith, you will receive the breakthrough you need!

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.

©️ 2017 Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 18 Nov 2017, 11:22 pm

Obey The Lord for your well being

Be sensitive and follow My lead, for I am showing you ways in which you can make changes that will result in better living. These will be mostly simple and small adjustments. It is My desire that you live at the highest level of spiritual effectiveness possible. But, you must be willing to let go of things that will hinder your rise to a new level of success in Spirit, says the Lord.

Ecclesiastes 10:10 If the ax is dull, and one does not sharpen the edge, then he must use more strength; but wisdom rings success.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 13 Nov 2017, 9:15 pm

God Truly Loves You

Refuse to live your life dwelling on the pain of rejection. Rejection was a fact of life from the beginning of the world. And, rejection continues to be a fact of life for all people, However, I have not rejected you, says the Lord.

My love for you will never change, When you are spurned by others, turn to Me. Let My love be your guiding light and My desire is that you grow spiritually and become My sons of light so that you can carry the glory of that which I bring to My people in this time.

When darkness is removed you can behold My light, and if you abide there you will become light to Me. Only then will you be victorious and free, says the Lord.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 11 Nov 2017, 11:07 pm

RIGHTEOUSNESS IS NOT RIGHT DOING BUT RIGHT BEING

What do you think righteousness is about? Something you do or something you are? Right doing or right being? The Bible tells us that after Jesus’ sacrifice at the cross, God imputes righteousness not to those who strive to obey the law (Galatians 2:16), but to anyone who believes in His Son. Because Christ took our sins and gave us His righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21), the moment we believe in Him, God treats us as righteous apart from our works or obedience. (Romans 4:5–8) This is new covenant righteousness—a righteousness that comes by faith and not works.

You are not righteous because of how morally upright you are. You are not righteous because you exercise self-control. You are not righteous because you read 10 chapters of the Bible daily. You are not righteous because you feel righteous. But you are the very righteousness of God in Christ solely because the sacrifice of Jesus made you so. When you believe this, your faith is accounted for righteousness.

And this is what God wants you to use your faith for. If you are righteous by your deeds, you don’t need faith. You also don’t need faith to know that you are sinful. But you need faith to believe and declare that you are the righteousness of God in Christ, in the midst of your struggles with temptation and sin.

For example, when you feel lousy because you have just shouted at your wife, God wants you to exercise your faith to see yourself as still righteous in the midst of that failure. This living revelation that you are still righteous will give you the strength to love your wife and reconcile things with her.

The devil may remind you of your foul temper and question your integrity: “How dare you call yourself righteous when you just did that!” Just ignore his lies and boldly declare, “I am not righteous because of what I have done or not done. I am righteous only because of the blood and finished work of Jesus at the cross!”

Romans 4:5
But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 03 Nov 2017, 11:53 pm

Prison Ministry

FREEDOM THROUGH CHRIST

PRISON MINISTRY

Joy Perry
P. O. Box 120997
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33312
E-Mail: Joy@Perry.net

Dear Christian Friends,

We have for a number of years been involved with a nation-wide Prison Pen Pal Program, listing the several thousand prisoners who write in to us every year, and forwarding those lists to other associates of our program who seek to find pen pals for these prisoners.

In recent years we have had an emphasis on sending Christmas cards to the prisoners. We started with our own home church, but have added other churches as they have expressed an interest. We are hopeful that you might like to join them. This is an inter-denominational effort.

The Bible admonishes us to "Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoner." (Hebrews 13:3). Also our Lord said, "....I was in prison and you came to visit me." (Matthew 25:36). Most of us cannot literally "visit" in prisons, but we can "visit" by way of a card or letter. You can actually have a missionary outreach without leaving your home. The cost and time are minimal, and yet the card you send might be the only one that particular prisoner would receive, and you could be the means for making his or her Christmas brighter. Christmas is the most lonely time of all for these prisoners.

If you decide to take part in this, please let us know, and we will be glad to send you a list of names and addresses of prisoners, along with some suggestions and guidelines. There are 29 names on a page, so please let us know how many pages you would like. This makes an excellent project for a Sunday School class, Women's group or other groups, or just various individuals.

It is a widely known fact that prisons cannot rehabilitate inmates. Statistics show that 4 out of 5 crimes are committed by ex-convicts. In the words of Prison Fellowship, "Government agencies cannot rehabilitate lives - only God can change a heart. Committed Christians can accomplish what billions in federal spending cannot. They can be God's instrument for introducing an inmate to the life-changing love of Jesus."

Thank you for your prayerful consideration of this project. We will look forward to hearing from you. We may be reached by the e-mail or the regular mail address below or 954-583-6958.
Joy Perry
P. O. Box 120997
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33312
E-Mail: Joy@Perry.net
John 8:36 "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 28 Oct 2017, 11:26 pm

TURN YOUR CARES INTO PRAYERS

God doesn’t want you to be fearful, fretful or anxious. Instead, He wants you to “be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God”.

So when you have a care or worry, straightaway, turn that care or worry into prayer. That is supplication. And when you are troubled by a care or worry that you don’t know how to pray for, pray in the Spirit or tongues. And in the midst of that prayer, thank God that He is already your healing, provision, good success and victory. That, my friend, is thanksgiving.

You may say, iff I am worried about something, how long should I pray?”Keep on praying. Pray in the Spirit until the worry lifts or dissipates, “and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus”. (Philippians 4:7)

This was what a certain church member did when he found himself anxiously trying to access some important data in his USB flash drive. After a whole day at it with no results, he finally stopped himself from being anxious and instead, turned his worry into prayer, asking the Lord to settle it for him. As he prayed in tongues, he was also thankfully repeating in his heart that having the Holy Spirit the Helper with him was to his advantage. (John 16:7)

Later that evening, using his wife’s computer, he succeeded in accessing the data in his flash drive after a few attempts. He quickly backed up the data. It was only when subsequent attempts to use the flash drive on his wife’s computer failed did it suddenly dawn on him that God had “resurrected” his flash drive that one time, just for him to recover his data!

So, Do believe that we would all worry a lot less and enjoy our lives a lot more if only we realized this truth: Our Abba Father is so strong that there is nothing He cannot do, and He is so loving that there is nothing He will not do for us!

Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

And God said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. . Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 22 Oct 2017, 10:31 pm

LET GOD LOVE YOU INSTEAD

When you look at yourself, what do you see? Do you see someone who is imperfect and lacking in many areas, or someone who is whole and complete in Christ?

There are believers who see themselves as incomplete. This is because they are conscious of their lack and imperfections. They say,

“There are so many things imperfect about me! How can I be complete if there are so many things I am lacking in?” They see their weaknesses, condemn themselves and feel inferior to others.

The good news is that God does not see the way man sees. Man sees the flesh. God sees the spirit. He sees us already complete in Christ. In spite of our imperfections, He sees us as new creations, partakers of His divine nature and more than conquerors over our faults. And He wants us to see ourselves the way He sees us.
What we think we need or are lacking in,

whether it is godly character traits or physical health, we already have in Christ. My friend, you are not going to be complete in Christ some day you are already complete in Christ! And what remains for you to do is to walk daily in that completeness by believing that it is true and confessing that what you need right now, Jesus is to you. He is your complete forgiveness, complete righteousness, complete favor and complete protection.

So don’t focus on the lack you see in your life. Focus instead on how in Christ, you are complete in everything at this moment. And instead of weaknesses, lack and defects, you will see His strength, wholeness, soundness and completeness manifesting in you!

Colossians 2:10
and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 21 Oct 2017, 8:57 pm

CREATION CAN’T BUT REDEMPTION CAN

When Adam sinned and fell, everything about creation fell. Yet, people today are still putting their trust in creation. For example, they try to become healthy by eating what is called the “Eden diet”—vegetables and no meat. They are acting as if creation did not fall. They also forget that there are people who eat well and exercise regularly, and still drop dead in the prime of their lives!

Thank God that what creation cannot do, redemption can and did. Jesus demonstrated this when He spat on the ground, made clay with the saliva and put it on a blind man’s eyes. (John 9:6–7) Now, it is certainly unusual to put clay on a blind man’s eyes because he would become doubly blind!

So why did Jesus do that?

He was demonstrating to us that all our body parts come from the ground and that because creation is fallen, the work of creation cannot open a blind man’s eyes. But the work of redemption can! That is why He sent the blind man to the pool of Siloam. The word “Siloam” means “Sent”, referring to the sent one, Jesus. When the blind man washed his eyes in the pool of the sent one, he received supernatural healing for his eyes.

When we go to Jesus, the sent one who came to redeem us with the price of His blood, and we rest in His finished work, we will receive the miracle we need. If we believe that by His stripes we are healed (Isaiah 53:5), we will have greater health than those who trust in creation.

Jesus was sent to redeem us from every curse that came upon creation with the fall of Adam. (Galatians 3:13) He has redeemed us from sickness, pain, sorrow, depression, poverty and even death. The world may know Him as the Creator. But today, we know Him as our Redeemer. Where the work of creation cannot save us, His work of redemption can and has!

John 9:7
And He said to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which is translated, Sent). So he went and washed, and came back seeing

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 15 Oct 2017, 8:01 pm

THERE IS JUST SOMETHING SPECIAL ABOUT YOU

People might have said to you, “Why are you so lucky?” or “You seem to be looking younger and younger,” or “There is so much bad news these days, yet you seem untroubled by them.” Now, the people of the world don’t have spiritual discernment. They can only go by your physical appearance, behavior and what happens to you. In other words, if they notice something different about you, it is because they see the evidence of God’s glory on your life in your family and work life, health and finances.

Your friends and colleagues may have told you that you stand out from the rest as though a spotlight were on you. Indeed, this is so because of Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Colossians 1:27) When God’s glory rises upon you, your words carry weight, even if you are not eloquent. I should know. I stuttered and stammered right up into my teens. So when your words change people’s lives, you know that it is not you. It is the Lord!
You don’t have to be a straight-A student or someone able to speak the Queen’s English.

You may be foul-mouthed like the disciple Peter, but when God changes you and His glory rises upon you, and you stand up and preach, 3,000 people get saved! (Acts 2:14–41) What is important is that God gives weight to what you say.

You might be a nobody like Joseph, a slave cast aside and forgotten in a dungeon. Yet, the greatest king on earth at that time sought Joseph out to have him interpret his dreams. In other words, God will give to you answers that the people of the world do not have.

Maybe it is your hands. When you lay hands on the sick, they recover. Maybe it is your ability to give counsel that is spot on, or your ability to speak into their future with a word of knowledge or word of wisdom from God.

“The Gentiles shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.” (Isaiah 60:3) My friend, when you see this happening, it is because the people of the world are drawn to the glory of the Lord which has risen upon you!

Isaiah 60:1Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 08 Oct 2017, 9:51 pm

He Is The God Of Your Valleys Too

1 Kings 20:23
Then the servants of the king of Syria said to him, “Their gods are gods of the hills.

Therefore they were stronger than we; but if we fight against them in the plain, surely we will be stronger than they. In 1 Kings 20, we find the Syrians being defeated by the Israelites. Then, some of the Syrian king’s advisers gave the king what they thought was the reason for their defeat. They said that they had fought on the hills and lost because Israel’s God is the God of the hills. So if they were to fight the Israelites on the plains or in the valleys, they would win.

What Dum advice! They thought that the God of Israel only helped His people up in the hills and mountains, and not down in the valleys. Now, mountains refer to our good times, and valleys, our bad times. Some people have this idea that God is the God of our good times, but He is not there when we are going through bad times. They think that He leaves us helpless in the valleys, especially when the troubles are of our own making.

My friend, I want you to know that our God is the God of the mountains, but He is also the God of the valleys! God the Son laid aside His crown of glory, His royal majesty and came down for us, stepping into a human body as a baby. He came down to where we were for the sole purpose of dying on the cross for our sins, so that He could bring us up to what God the Father has for us at His right hand. Jesus came down to crown us with glory and honor, to clothe us with robes of righteousness and make us His bride, sharing everything that He has with us. That is the grace of God. He came down to our valley.

So whatever you are going through right now, know that God is right there in your valley with you. He is holding you in His arms and carrying you through the valley. Victory is already yours. Just as the Israelites were also victorious in the valley (1 Kings 20:28–29), so will you be because the God of the valleys is right there with you!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 02 Oct 2017, 12:34 am

Silence is Golden

When you are afraid that things will not work out the way you hoped or imagined, just be quiet. Silence is a space in which I can bring truth that will overcome assumptions. Know that you belong to Me, and I will cause you to see what needs to be done in every situation. Let me lead you out of this maze of confusion and fear, says the Lord.

Psalms 131:2 Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with his mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 27 Sep 2017, 8:11 pm

GIVE GOD’S WORD PRIORITY AND SEE GOOD SUCCESS

In life, there is good success and bad success. Bad success is the kind of success which robs you of time with your family, friends and church, and destroys your health and relationships. With good success, on the other hand, you see prosperity in every area of your life.

God wants you to enjoy good success and the key to this lies in what God told Joshua when he took over the reins following the death of his leader Moses“This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.” Spending time in God’s Word daily will give you godly wisdom, which will make your way prosperous and give you good success.

Look at how Joshua’s life turned out in the end. When Joshua died, “they buried him within the border of his inheritance at Timnath Serah, which is in the mountains of Ephraim, on the north side of Mount Gaash”. (Joshua 24:30) Joshua had a whole mountain for his inheritance! This means that he was prosperous and successful!

It was also said that Israel served the Lord, not idols or other gods, all the days of Joshua’s life. (Joshua 24:31) This means that while Joshua was around, people were impacted for God’s glory.
And at the end of his life, a fulfilled Joshua had this to say, “But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:15) Having your family loving God and serving Him with you is the most important success and greatest prosperity that you can ever have.

When God’s Word takes priority in your daily life, not only will your finances be blessed, your ministry and family life will also be blessed!

Joshua 1:8
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 24 Sep 2017, 5:34 pm

God Can Use Those Whom The World Rejects

You may think that you are a nobody, maybe even a has-been or a loser in the eyes of the world. Take heart because God’s Word says that if you are not wise, not mighty or not noble according to the flesh, then you are a prime candidate for Him to call on! And when He begins to use you, you will see His favor, power and increase change your life.

In the eyes of the ancient world, Moses was the rising star of Egypt. The Bible tells us that in the first 40 years of his life, “Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and deeds”. (Acts 7:22) But God could not use him then because he was too smart, strong and full of himself.

It was only 40 years later, after having been in the unglamorous desert of Midian, emptied of himself and thinking that he was a has-been, that God sent him to confound the might of Pharaoh.

The world may pass them by the weak, the small, the forgotten and the losers, but God chooses them to confound those mighty in the world.

My friend, when you think that you are weak and small compared to others in the world, that is when God can use you to do great and wonderful things for Him!

1 Corinthians 1:26
26For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 10 Sep 2017, 7:50 pm

DON’T LOOK TO YOUR FAITH, LOOK TO JESUS

If you are sick, you must know that you are already healed because of the finished work of Christ. Don’t ask, “Do I have enough faith to be healed? Do I have the right kind of faith to be healed? What if I am lacking in faith?” You are focusing on yourself and your faith, instead of Christ and His finished work.

You should be asking, “Did Jesus take away this sickness? If He did, then He must have done a perfect work.” In other words, fix your eyes on Jesus and His perfect work. AB Simpson, who lived in the 19th century, wrote an article entitled Himself. In it, he mentioned his exhausted nervous system, and broken-down heart which could have proved fatal any time. So he sought the Lord for healing. God showed him Matthew 8:17, which says that Jesus “Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses”.

AB Simpson said that though he believed that Jesus had borne away his sicknesses, he saw many hindrances which stood between him and his healing. And they all boiled down to one thing—his preoccupation with his faith! He had believed that if only he had the “right” kind of faith, he would receive his healing instantly.

He eventually came to the realization that he had to remove that last hindrance—his focus on his faith—and just rest in the finished work of Christ. That revelation marked his complete recovery from his sicknesses.

When you ask yourself, “Do I have enough faith?” you have already put faith as a hindrance between you and Jesus’ finished work. The more you focus on your faith, the more faith slips away. But if you focus on the finished work of Christ and see God’s grace toward you, God sees that as faith! Without realizing it, faith is there in your heart to believe that you will not die of what Christ Himself has already borne away completely for you, and you will see your miracle manifest!

Hebrews 12:2
looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.

© 2017 Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 03 Sep 2017, 10:42 pm

Take the Lords word for it

When the devil tempted Jesus, Jesus turned the Word of God on him, saying, “It is written…It is written…It is written…” (Matthew 4:4, 7, 10) Likewise, should the devil remind you of the pain in your body, say what God’s Word says: “It is written, ‘By His stripes I am healed!’” (Isaiah 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24) And tell Daddy God, “I have Your Word for it and I am standing on Your Word. I am not trying to be healed.

My healing has already happened. I don’t care what this body says. It has to line up with Your Word because by Jesus’ stripes I am healed!” And if the devil says to you, “Look at the meager balance in your bank account. How are you going to pay your bills?” just say,

“I'm not going to worry because I know that my God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19) It doesn’t matter how much I have in the bank. God’s Word tells me that as the need arises, the supply will be there!”

When fear grips you, don’t say to yourself, “This fear is stupid. Come on, what are the chances of it happening to me?” Don’t try to rationalize or reason your fear away. Instead, speak God’s Word into the situation. Say, “It is written, ‘For God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.’” (2 Timothy 1:7) What if the fear returns? Speak God’s Word again. Say, “It is written, ‘For God has not given me a spirit of fear…’”

When the devil tries to deceive you, give him the Word of God. There is something about the Word of God that causes him not to want to hang around those who use it. It reminds him of Jesus, the Word made flesh (John 1:14), who rendered him powerless and of no effect when He said, “It is written…”

Matthew 4:4
…He [Jesus] answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 30 Aug 2017, 5:45 pm

TOTAL AND COMPLETE FORGIVENESS

Some People say they were taught that only my past sins from the day I was born until the day I became a Christian have been forgiven, and that my future sins are not forgiven until I confess them and seek forgiveness.”

When Jesus died on the cross, how many of your sins were future?

Unless you are more than 2,000 years old, all your sins were future then! Jesus took them all upon Himself, nailed them to the cross and declared, “It is finished!” So if you are not forgiven of all, then you are not forgiven at all. “You mean Jesus also died for the sin that I have just committed?”

Yes!

“And also for the sins which I will commit?”

Yes!

That is why He said, “It is finished!” But many of us are inconsistent in our believing. One part of us says, “God has forgiven me of all my sins.” But another part says, “Yes, but I must still confess my sins to be forgiven of them.” Are you like that?

You are forgiven not because of your work of confession. Your confession cannot wash away your sins. You are forgiven because of the blood of Jesus shed for you. His blood alone cleanses you. You cannot believe that you are forgiven of your past, present and future sins, and still think that there is something for you to do to make that forgiveness complete. If you do, then it becomes your work too, not Jesus’ alone.

Is there a place for confession of sins? My friend, if you have just sinned, you can always tell God about it without feeling condemned because you know that you already have forgiveness and that Jesus was condemned in your place. But you don’t confess your sins to God in order to be forgiven. You already have total and complete forgiveness because of the blood of Jesus!

Ephesians 1:7
In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 29 Aug 2017, 9:30 pm

JESUS UNDERSTANDS WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH

Do you sometimes wonder if God really knows what it is like to be poor, rejected by people or sick with aches and pains. Perhaps you are asking, “Does God really understand what I am going through?” Jesus was no stranger to emotional or physical pains, poverty or hardships.

He was born into a poor family. He had a smelly manger for His birthplace. (Luke 2:7) From an early age, as a carpenter, He knew all about working hard with His hands, standing on His feet all day long and returning home with aches in His body.

The religious leaders of His day made life difficult for Him. They challenged His authority (Matthew 21:23) and tested His teachings. (Matthew 19:3) They also called Him a glutton, winebibber, friend of tax collectors and sinners (Matthew 11:19), and blasphemer. (Mark 2:7)

They said that He was demon-possessed and mad (John 10:20), put Him on the spot when they brought an adulterous woman to Him (John 8:2–11), attempted to stone Him (John 8:59, 10:31–39) and accused Him of perverting the nation. (Luke 23:2)

Have you been chased out of your home because of your Christian beliefs? Jesus understands what you are going through. He was chased out of His own hometown. (Luke 4:29) Have you been rejected by someone you love?

Jesus also experienced the pain of being denied by a loved one (Luke 22:54–62) and betrayed by one considered close to Him. (Luke 22:47–48) He also knows all about the sickness you are suffering because He bore your sicknesses and pains on the cross. (Isaiah 53:4)

Jesus certainly understands all that we are going through because being born fully Man, He was “in all points tempted as we are”.

He endured His sufferings for our sakes, so that we can have His peace and the anointing to rise above the troubles we are facing

Hebrews 4:15
For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 24 Aug 2017, 9:47 pm

REMAIN STEADFAST IN THE FAITH

When I was a teenager, I was taught that if I wanted to resist the devil, I had to rebuke him. So whenever an evil thought came to my mind or I was tempted, I found myself saying, “I resist you, devil, in Jesus’ name! I bind you, devil! Go away from me, devil! I rebuke you in Jesus’ name!”

This went on until God showed me one day that though I had “resisted” the devil, I had spent more time talking to him than to God! I was more conscious of the devil than of God throughout the day. I checked the Word of God and realized that we resist the devil not by focusing on resisting him, but by being established in the faith that we are made right with God through Jesus’ blood, that we are the righteousness of God in Christ.

Yes, the devil will continue to remind you of your mistakes, failures and sins. And he will tell you that because of these things, you cannot receive your healing, that you will have to pay for your mistakes or that something bad will happen to your family. He will accuse you, condemn you and try to persuade your heart to believe that he can do bad things to you.

But the truth is that the devil cannot enforce anything in your life if he cannot persuade your heart. And your heart cannot be persuaded if it is “steadfast in the faith”, if it is established in righteousness. God says that once you are established in righteousness, “You shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; and from terror, for it shall not come near you”.

So now that my heart is established in righteousness, I can boldly declare, “Yes, I may have these problems in my life, but I am not guilty in God’s eyes. I am justified in God’s eyes by faith because of what Christ has done. I am righteous by Jesus’ blood!” My friend, that is how you resist the devil and become undevourable!

1 Peter 5:8–9
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith…

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 23 Aug 2017, 7:45 pm

God Is Not Judging You

Some people see God as a judge who has exacting demands on man. When they fall short or when things go wrong in their lives, they think that God is judging them, the truth is that if you are a believer, God does not bring any charge against you. Instead, He justifies you because of the blood of His Son. In fact, God’s Word goes on to say that the One who has the right to condemn you, chose instead to die for you and is risen at the Father’s right hand to be your righteousness! (Romans 8:34)

But what the devil tries to do is to get you to believe that God watches you with a critical eye and punishes you when you do wrong. He has deceived many sincere Christians into believing that if they have done something wrong, sickness or some other evil thing has a right to come upon them and their families. And when these things happen, he convinces them that they are suffering God’s judgment because of their wrongdoings. In the meantime, these sincere Christians struggle with condemnation because they think that they are the cause of their problems.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Ever since the cross, where Jesus was judged in your place for every one of your wrong actions, thoughts and words, God no longer judges you, His child. You need not accept condemnation or evil things happening to you because Jesus took all your punishment at the cross.

So when you start to feel condemned for your actions or when you experience negative circumstances, say, “It is written: It is God who justifies me.

I am completely forgiven and made righteous before Him. I refuse to accept any condemnation and I reject every symptom of the curse that I am seeing in my circumstances!”
Then, simply stand on the truth of God’s Word, and watch Him deliver and bless you!

Romans 8:33
33Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 21 Aug 2017, 8:45 pm

Set Your Love Upon Jesus

Jesus was in a house in Bethany when a woman came to Him with an alabaster flask containing very costly fragrant oil. She poured the oil on His head. This woman loved the Lord. She had set her love upon Him.

But those who were present considered what she did a great waste because the oil could have been sold for an amount equal to one year’s wages, and the money given to the poor instead. Even Jesus’ disciples were indignant and asked her, “Why this waste?”

But Jesus defended her, saying, “Why do you trouble the woman? For she has done a good work for Me.” Not only that, He accorded her the highest honor when He added, “Assuredly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be told as a memorial to her.”

Two thousand years have passed since this woman anointed Jesus with the expensive oil. She never expected in her wildest dreams that her act of love would be told down through the ages. Many kings and rulers have come and gone. Their great acts have faded from the memories of men. But what this woman did for Jesus is still told today around the world as a memorial to her!

When you get a revelation of how much Jesus loves you, you will set your love upon Him. And when you act out of love for Him, though others may see it as a waste of time, energy or money, He will defend you and deliver you from your critics. He will also set you on high. Your ministry will become powerful and life-changing. Your work will be highly esteemed among your peers. Your company will be prominent and highly successful. And it will not just be a job that you have, but a position of influence to impact many lives.

So set your love upon Jesus. Make Him the love of your life today, and He will defend, deliver and set you on high!

Psalm 91:14
14“Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next