World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 38 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 37 Guests

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 11:05 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Sat 16 Mar 2024, 8:44 pm

Elaine, you were foreknown and foreordained for a purpose!

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.
Romans 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son,
Ephesians 1:4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

These past few days, writing about the will of God, has reminded me of the prophet Jeremiah, and how the Lord knew him – even before he was in his mother's womb, and he was sanctified by God as a prophet to the nations. A similar foreknowledge and ordination of God belongs to us who are under the New Covenant. God's foreknowledge of His people is clearly stated in scripture. We were chosen in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless, and created in Messiah Yeshua (Christ Jesus) unto good works which He foreordained that we walk in them. It is clear that a life of holiness and good works is an integral part of our destiny in salvation, a fundamental aspect of His original plan for each one of us.

This plan, instilled in us even before the foundation of the world, seems to insure that good works will follow the believers in Yeshua. We could never work our way into heaven, our salvation is wholly an act of God – yet, just as Jeremiah's calling was foreknown and foreordained by God, our ordination unto good works was too. Walking in good works is walking in a manner worthy of our calling, it is powerful evidence for the genuineness of our salvation, and it is walking in the will of God.

Elaine, from the foundation of the world, according to God's plan, you were created and ordained to live a sanctified life filled with good works. If you walk in His will for you, when your life is over, you may expect to hear these wonderful words: “Well done, thou good and faithful servant!”

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Obadiah and Elianna (Dallas, TX)
(Melbourne, Florida)

Editor's Note: During this war, we have been live blogging throughout the day -- sometimes minute by minute on our Telegram channel. Be sure to check it out!

Editor's Note: We are planning our Winter Tour so if you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 14 Mar 2024, 5:28 pm

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.
Romans 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son,
Ephesians 1:4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
These past few days, writing about the will of God, has reminded me of the prophet Jeremiah, and how the Lord knew him – even before he was in his mother's womb, and he was sanctified by God as a prophet to the nations. A similar foreknowledge and ordination of God belongs to us who are under the New Covenant. God's foreknowledge of His people is clearly stated in scripture. We were chosen in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless, and created in Messiah Yeshua (Christ Jesus) unto good works which He foreordained that we walk in them. It is clear that a life of holiness and good works is an integral part of our destiny in salvation, a fundamental aspect of His original plan for each one of us.

This plan, instilled in us even before the foundation of the world, seems to insure that good works will follow the believers in Yeshua. We could never work our way into heaven, our salvation is wholly an act of God – yet, just as Jeremiah's calling was foreknown and foreordained by God, our ordination unto good works was too. Walking in good works is walking in a manner worthy of our calling, it is powerful evidence for the genuineness of our salvation, and it is walking in the will of God.

Elaine, from the foundation of the world, according to God's plan, you were created and ordained to live a sanctified life filled with good works. If you walk in His will for you, when your life is over, you may expect to hear these wonderful words: “Well done, thou good and faithful servant!”

(Melbourne, Florida)

Editor's Note: During this war, we have been live blogging throughout the day -- sometimes minute by minute on our Telegram channel. Be sure to check it out!

Editor's Note: We are planning our Winter Tour so if you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 14 Mar 2024, 5:06 pm

(Melbourne, Florida)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 13 Mar 2024, 10:22 pm

Elaine, offer your body!

Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Over the past few days, I've been discussing the will of God and how to walk out His will daily in our lives. The Lord's general will involves the development of our character and the ways in which we relate to Him and to our fellow man. Much of this is the same for every believer. But each of us is unique, and each has a potential life vision unlike any other. God has an individual will for every soul that belongs to Him, an individually shaped destiny which varies according to our gifting and calling and purpose in His Body.

Not every believer knows or even desires to walk fully in that vision, calling, or destiny. At times we may try to think about or shape a vision for our lives, but the scripture says that we ought to be able to test and approve what is God's good, pleasing, and perfect will. How do we do this?

First, Paul urges that we offer our bodies as a living sacrifice. What does this mean? It means that we make a conscious decision to devote our entire lives to the Lord, holding nothing back, to give ourselves to Him without reservation. The Old Testament sacrifices were animals which were totally offered to God and usually were burned on the altar in fire. Their aroma was pleasing to Him, as their flesh was consumed by the fire. As living sacrifices, we remain alive... but given over, as though we were burning on His altar. Our life is not our own, but is devoted to His purpose and pleasure. This is a conscious decision, a choice which every believer is urged to make. The Lord is then free to shape our lives, our experiences, our discipline, according to His perfect will and purposes for the best possible result.

Paul expands on this decisive act of devotion, saying we must not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of our mind. So the act of devoting our life to Him involves a decisive renunciation of the ways of thinking and the values of this present world. (Much could be said about this.) And it also involves a process of renewing our thoughts and values according to the thoughts and values of our Lord. These, then, are the conditions which the apostle gives that we may be able to test and approve what is God's good, pleasing, and perfect will for our lives.

Elaine, it's often said that "God has a wonderful plan for your life." To me that has always sounded a bit "robotic", as though I were a rat who needed to find His way through the maze of some "Cosmic Scientist". But now I know that God's "plan" for me is anything but mechanical. Rather, it involves the profound realities of my unique individuality; things that He has placed in me and no one else, such that He can beautifully express Himself through my life, my personality, my gifts, relationships, and unique position in the world. Indeed, it is a "wonderful plan". But in order for Him to shape this destiny, He requires my unreserved consent, my offering... of MY BODY, a LIVING SACRIFICE.

(Melbourne, Florida)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 21 Feb 2024, 8:17 pm

Elaine, choose between the seas!

1 John 3:16-18 By this we know love of God, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him? My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.

In Israel, we have an interesting geographical phenomenon – there are two landlocked seas. One is alive and one is dead. The sea full of life is the Kinneret, better known as the Sea of Galilee. The dead sea is.......you guessed it, the Dead Sea. Now the Kinneret is constantly emptying as it flows through the Jordan River valley.... into the Dead Sea. But the Dead Sea does not empty its water at all. Instead, the Dead Sea is continually shrinking, because the intense heat at this lowest place on Earth actually evaporates more water than is flowing in. Do you see a parable here?

The Sea that is alive is the one that gives. The more of your self, of your life, of your love, that you pour out, the more alive, filled up, and refreshed you will become. The Lord Yeshua (Jesus) exemplified this to the greatest extent ever, by giving all He was and all He had, even to those who hated Him and were His bitter enemies. And the love that He gave was returned to Him by His Father in the resurrection, and by all the multitude of His redeemed people throughout all ages and into eternity. Could it possibly be any different for those of us who live lives of giving and loving? No. We will continue to be filled by the Lord's infinite abundance no matter how much we pour ourselves out. Of course, if we hold back, keeping all we have to ourselves, we will begin to evaporate and die...

Give and you will live. Love, and you will be filled with God’s love. Hold back, and even that which you have will vanish away. A friend of mine shares this limerick:
There once was a sea that was dead
It was, 'cause it only got fed
And never gave up
Not one single cup
Now that's something to keep in your head

Elaine, let's be givers. Let's be lovers. Empty ourselves into His Kingdom, into His work, and be constantly refilled with His love, power and peace. With so much work to be done, I'm choosing the Sea of Life!

(Vicksburg, Mississippi)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Feb 2024, 8:05 pm

Elaine, in the midst of civil war!

Matthew 24:7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

In the Olivet discourse recorded in Matthew 24, Yeshua prophesied that "... nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom." The word "nation" in Greek is the word "ethnos", from which we get the English word "ethnic". All of this polarization and ethnic warfare which the media feed upon and incite is the work of the enemy as he stirs up the sinful nature of men.

Thus we are seeing uprisings all across the globe. What is our prophetic calling for this time of upheaval? I’m reminded of the tumultuous events which preceded the American Civil War, the ensuing conflict, and the words of the famed revivalist, D.L. Moody:

“In 1857 a revival swept over this country in the east and on to the western cities, clear over to the Pacific coast. It was God calling the nation to Himself. Half a million people united with the Church at that time. Then the war broke out. We were baptized with the Holy Ghost in 1857, and in 1861 we were baptized in blood. It was a call of mercy, preceding judgment.”

In the midst of this present chaos we see an opportunity for revival which could precede the judgment of God, that in His mercy, the Lord might again send laborers to the harvest in the power of His Holy Spirit. So many people, disillusioned and hopeless in this present world could be ready to hear and respond to the message of salvation. Instead of lamenting, grumbling, and fearing all that is coming on the earth, let's focus on this potential harvest, doing everything in our power and gifting to contribute to it.

Elaine, don’t allow the enemy to steal your joy in these troubled times of strife and conflict. Be filled with His love and His passion for souls, and act on it in any and every way you can!

(Vicksburg, Mississippi)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Feb 2024, 1:10 am

Elaine, the harvest is being prepared!

Acts 17:22-23 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, “Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious; for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you:

Several hundred years before Jesus was born, a plague broke out in Athens, Greece. In an effort to stop the plague and appease the 'gods', the Athenians sought counsel from a wise man named Epimenides from the island of Crete.

When Epimenides arrived in Athens, he was amazed at the number of statues of gods the Athenians had erected, to which he stated, "Gods must be easier to find here than men!"

The elders of Athens eagerly gathered on Mars Hill the following day to hear the wisdom of Epimenides and his recommendation for dealing with the plague. So the wise man instructed the Athenians to gather at Mars Hill, bringing with them a flock of sheep, a band of stonemasons and a large supply of stones and mortar. He also commanded that the sheep be prevented from grazing the entire night so that when they arrived the following morning they would be hungry.

The following morning, Epimenides stated, "Learned elders, you have already expended great effort in offering sacrifice to numerous gods, yet all have proved futile. I am now about to sacrifice based upon three assumptions rather different than yours."

"The first assumption is that there is still another god concerned in this matter of the plague—a god whose name is unknown to us, and who is therefore not represented by any idol in your country. Secondly, I am going to assume also that this god is great enough—and good enough—to do something about the plague, if only we invoke his help. Thirdly, that any god great enough and good enough to do something about this plague is probably also great and good enough to smile upon us in our ignorance—if we acknowledge our ignorance and call upon him!"

Next, Epimenides ordered the sheep to be released, and he prayed, "O thou unknown god! Behold the plague afflicting this city! And if indeed you feel compassion to forgive and help us, behold this flock of sheep! Reveal your willingness to respond, I plead, by causing any sheep that pleases you to lie down upon the grass instead of grazing. Choose white if white pleases, black if black delights. And those you choose we sacrifice to you—acknowledging our pitiful ignorance of your name!"

As the sheep were released, the people were shocked when the sheep started lying down instead of grazing! Wherever they lay, an altar was erected and a sacrifice was made to the "unknown god!" The Athenians were freed from their plague, and the legend of their deliverance at the hands of the "unknown god" continued unto the time of Paul when he entered into Athens.

This amazing event became Paul's point of departure for reaching the Athenians with the gospel of Jesus. God had laid a historical foundation to prepare their hearts for seeking and believing in a legendary "unknown god"; a god who had already demonstrated his saving power among them, but one whom the apostle had now come to identify.... and fully reveal to them!

Elaine, God continues even now, preparing souls in mysterious ways, throughout the world! He is looking for laborers to go into the harvest fields! And no matter where you are, there's a harvest field right outside your door…so go forth!

(Louisiana)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 18 Feb 2024, 10:07 pm

Elaine, hop on and take a ride through the country!
Proverbs 15:15 All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.

A new driver for an interstate trucking company was having a difficult time. He found the long cross-country trips extremely tiring. The older driver who traveled with him, however, seemed to thrive on those long trips. He always seemed to look as fresh at the end of the ride as he did at the beginning.

One day, the young man asked the older what his secret was. "Well, it's really all in the way you look at it," he replied. "While you went to work this morning, I went for a ride through the country."

Our focus will determine whether life is work or a ride in the country. We are privileged to be here in this day and age. God is doing awesome things right before our eyes and He’s allowing us to take part!

Elaine, let's get excited about taking a ride with the Lord today! He has great things to show us and teach us along the way!

(Mansfield, Texas)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 15 Feb 2024, 8:55 pm

Elaine, be qualified!

Psalms 112:1 Praise the LORD! Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who greatly delights in his commandments!

There's nothing we can do to earn God's love, however, if we want to experience His blessings we need to observe the qualifications that He's given us in His Word. Psalm 112 details a whole list of blessings, but the key to receiving them is verse 1.

"Blessed is the man that fears (puts his trust, honors, in awe of His majesty) the Lord, and delights greatly in His commandments. (Takes pleasure in what God says and obeys Him)."

Adopt that attitude toward Him and be assured, blessings are on the way! Your offspring will be mighty on the earth (vs 2), wealth and riches shall be in your house (vs 3), even in darkness the light shall shine on you (vs 4), you shall not be shaken (vs 6) in the midst of evil you will have no fear of bad news because your heart is set upon Him (vs 7).

Now I don't know about you, but I want to live in the blessings of God!

Elaine, let's live a life that God will bless, honor the Lord with our whole heart, and delight in obeying Him!

(Mansfield, Texas)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Feb 2024, 12:46 am

Elaine, have a servant's heart!

Matthew 24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

We are called to be servants, are we not? Well, what does a servant do? He (or she) carries out the will of his master. A servant doesn't tell his master what to do -- he performs whatever tasks the master requests of him. A servant doesn't choose what days or times it's most convenient to serve his master. A servant's function is simply to follow and obey his master’s instructions. A servant does not develop a vision for the master either. The master is the one with the vision -- and he wants his servants to be ready and available to carry out that vision and bring it to fruition.

How can we experience fulfillment in our lives? Simply by serving our Master -- our Heavenly Father. The world encourages us to seek counterfeit fulfillment -- power success -- prosperity. The more of these things we gain, the more our flesh wants more. It is our sinful human nature. We will never find true fulfillment when we seek these things.

We must become servants if we want to experience true fulfillment. We need to become lowly, meek and humble. As God's servants we should have no other agenda, except to do His will. When we become faithful to do His will, then He will fulfill the aspirations He desires for us in our lives… and even those things we desire!

Elaine, as God's faithful servant -- we share in His success, we have direct access to His power and wealth and are able to walk in His authority! Let’s get our hearts in servant mode and watch how God brings about all the things we need and want.

(Mansfield, Texas)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 12 Feb 2024, 11:23 pm

Elaine, focus on eternal rewards!

1 Timothy 6:6-10 But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Last week, three students won the top award for using AI to translate Pompeii scrolls, discovered by an 18th-century farmer. The scroll, central to the AI contest, was named after Herculaneum, a Roman town destroyed by the Vesuvius eruption. These texts, trapped in carbon for 2,000 years, were preserved under the debris that buried Julius Caesar's father-in-law's villa.

Pompeii was a flourishing city in Southern Italy until 79 AD. Suddenly, for two days Mt. Vesuvius erupted and completely destroyed Pompeii in all its pomp. The city was covered in meters of ash and pumice for 1700 years until it was accidentally discovered in 1748. When archaeologists began excavations in 1910 they uncovered a petrified woman clutching some of the finest jewelry ever recovered from the ancient world. She was apparently attempting to flee the doomed city, and in her haste, holding desperately onto her valuable possessions –- she lost her life.

During its time Pompeii was a magnificent city, yet its destiny was destruction by a nearby volcano –- and so it is with our world today. There's so much beauty on our planet earth –- yet its destiny is certain! The day is soon coming when it's elements will be destroyed with fire, the earth and everything in it, laid bare, [2 Peter 3:10] –- and our earthly possessions will not come with us into glory, (only what we have done with them).

As the Apostle Paul said, we came into this world with nothing – and when we leave this world, we take nothing with us. We can make the mistake of holding too dearly onto our earthly possessions, making them our "treasure", (rather than storing treasure where moth and rust do not corrode etc.) – but this is a costly error, as illustrated by our "petrified lady". Instead, let's remind ourselves that we are stewards of God's possessions, responsible to use them with His interests in mind, to further His Kingdom with the things He has entrusted to us.

Elaine, with so much work to be done, let's never allow our earthly possessions to petrify us with greed or fear thus preventing the eternal work we were preordained for, and stealing our eternal rewards.

(Tulsa, Oklahoma)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 09 Feb 2024, 11:26 pm

Elaine, abide!

John 15:1-5 I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

How do we produce much fruit? What is the Lord saying?

In the modern world, the work ethic is, achieve and produce by working longer and harder! The focus is on getting results through human effort -- we've become product oriented and the bottom line is......the bottom line! But God's way runs contrary to this approach -- His way is much more oriented toward process and relationship rather than performance and production. He IS interested in results which He calls "fruit"; but not by pushing or egging us on to work harder or longer.

The Lord's way is to work with and through us so that every result or product comes out of our abiding in Him, since without Him WE CAN DO NOTHING.

This is opposed to of the culture we live in today, and to human nature in general. Think about it -- we're constantly bombarded with self-help books promoting self-esteem, self-confidence, and self-control -- our society is all about SELF! But God's way of success produces the results which He values; results which are not produced by self-effort, but which grow out of an intimate relationship with Him, in which we seek to constantly abide.

Elaine, the only way we can become abundantly fruitful is to understand the Lord's fruit-bearing process. As we lay down self-effort, our natural human independence, and seek communion with Him, abiding in the Vine, then His power, His will, and His desires will be realized in our lives, which then, will bear fruit that remains throughout eternity!

Have a great weekend ... Shabbat Shalom!

(Tulsa, Oklahoma)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 08 Feb 2024, 10:15 pm

Elaine, it happened to the best of them!

Psalms 51:10-12 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

David is called a "man after God's own heart." Considering that he lusted after his neighbor's wife, committed adultery with her, and had her husband murdered, the Lord's description of him is remarkable. How could a man who was convicted a murderer and an adulterer also be called one after God's own heart?

The answer is simple but profound: God did not regard David according to the actions of his sinful nature, but according to the deepest motivations and disposition of his heart and will; and these were revealed by David's response to the conviction which Nathan the prophet brought upon him; a conviction which brought immediate total confession and repentance, and a broken and contrite heart. This response exemplified the shepherd king's walk with God throughout the entire journey of his life.

If, after David had fallen he made excuses, rationalized, or resisted the clear message of his sinfulness it would have been a totally different story. His heart would have revealed a self-justifying, self-righteous attitude with no realization of his absolute need for God's mercy. This would have defeated and defined him as a man after his own heart. But the immediacy and completeness of David's confession qualified him for the Lord's forgiveness and mercy, saving him from death and restoring him to that most treasured relationship of his life, his relationship with YHVH.

The consequences of his sin were very serious and followed David all the days of his life. But he demonstrated the genuineness of his repentance by never railing against God for the troubles which followed him as a consequence of his sin with Batsheva. David always rose up, submitted, and humbly praised God, writing wonderful psalms and pouring out his heart before the Lord. He served God and worshiped Him all his life. So the Lord God didn't reckon David's life by his fall -- but by his walk, and by his heart.

Elaine, we all stumble in many ways, but God does not define us by our failures. It's our love for Him and our honesty before Him that reveals a true walk of faith! So if you fell, you messed up, your sin got the best of you, then come clean. Make your confession. Accept the consequences without complaining, allow the Lord to forgive and restore you completely, and continue on your journey with Him. That was David's heart. His example is worthy to follow. May you also be one of those that lived their life "after God's own heart!"

(Mansfield, Texas)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 07 Feb 2024, 11:50 pm

Elaine, momentum breakthrough!
1 John 2:5-6 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

Momentum is simply the force or speed of movement that carries an object to its final destination. If you want to break through, you need to have a certain amount of momentum. In order for a rocket to blast into space, it needs tremendous momentum to break the gravitational barrier - but with the enormous power of jet engines and rocket fuel the ship is propelled faster and faster till it breaks free of the earth’s gravitational pull.

Often our challenge is gaining the spiritual momentum to break through. It requires real power. Eric Liddell, the Olympic runner once remarked that the Lord requires "muscular Christians". Believers who are serious in their faith-walk are people who stand steadfastly against difficult obstacles, and who pray with great fervency and devotion for the causes of their Lord. This produces spiritual power for significant breakthroughs in the spirit realm.

Sin and self-indulgence will compromise and slow the spiritual momentum required for our break through. But if we nourish the vision and cultivate the habit of pressing on to the higher calling, we'll be inspired to forsake our sins and focus on the glory and joy of the Lord's victory.

And one more thing: it is often true that the most ferocious battle, requiring the greatest momentum and perseverance (just like the rocket blast into outer space), will occur just before the breakthrough to victory.

Elaine, regain momentum in your spiritual life through repentance toward God, and steadfast perseverance in that specific vision and call He has given you. There is a great victory waiting for you from His heavenly realm and soon enough you’ll see it manifested right here on Earth!

(Mansfield, Texas)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 06 Feb 2024, 3:51 pm

Elaine, be confident, He is our defense!

2 Kings 6:15-17 And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was an army, surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, "Alas, my master! What shall we do?" So he answered, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them." And Elisha prayed, and said, "Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." Then the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

With so much uncertainty of the future, I've been getting more and more emails asking for my opinion. And honestly, for the past few years, I've not known what I'm doing more than two weeks in advance. But God has been faithful through it all!

And if there is one thing that I've learned it is this ... in the midst of all this uncertainty, I'm confident in who God is ... and I do know that 'all things work together for good for those who are the called according to His purpose.'

These days, as we press in closer to the Lord and His calling on our lives, the enemy becomes more and more fierce, throwing all kinds of darts of fear and doubt our way.

But as beloved children of God, we can trust the Lord to defend us! God has an invisible army all around, ready to protect us in our times of need.

When the battle intensifies, when the enemy seems to be attacking from every side, when it seems all too great for our eyes, know that the Lord has placed His protection all around you! We may not see it -- but we must walk by faith!

Elaine, be encouraged -- "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them". We are not alone!

(Mansfield, Texas)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 05 Feb 2024, 11:58 pm

Hosea 10:12 Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

"Break up your fallow ground." In this context, the Lord is referring to breaking up the ground overrun with weeds and thorns creating a hardness to produce righteous fruit.

A hard heart cannot love, and often cannot even receive it. A hard heart will block relationship with God and with others. Whatever the cause; anger, woundedness, bitterness, unforgiveness, the result will be a superficiality in relationship, an inability to empathize, and a corruption of your motivations. You will become manipulative, deceitful, proud, and unresponsive. God's message, His word to you will be difficult to hear and you will resist it. Like a layer of rock under the shallow soil, where the rain cannot penetrate, love and truth will fail to penetrate your heart and affect your actions. Thus, a hard heart is deadly, because sin is petrified there, and the wages of sin is death.

How do you break up fallow ground? How do you change a hardened heart? You start with your will. You make a choice. You decide. Your decision is to soften, in spite of the way you feel, the things you remember, or have chosen to forget. Your decision is called "repentance", a changing of the mind, a turning of the will, in the opposite direction. The power of the will to repent is astounding because it opens the door for God to heal and transform your heart; to rain His love upon you and remove bitterness, unforgiveness, anger, and hatred or any other sin that is hardening your heart. Do you want to love? Do you want to be loved? But your heart is hard? Try repentance. Test God's power and will to heal and change you. But you must be willing to mourn. " Blessed are them that mourn." Repentance will open you to the rain of tears so that the pain and bitterness can pour out of you. But you will be amazed at what happens with your relationships. Love will enter and remain in your life; God's love and love with others too.

Elaine, millions have tried it; repentance works. Make it a lifestyle, and you will live and walk in love.

(Mansfield, Texas)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 02 Feb 2024, 8:41 pm

Elaine, can you live out an amen?!

Isaiah 7:9b If you will not believe, surely you will not be established.

This passage in Isaiah contains a poetic play on words which is lost to any reader but one who understands Hebrew. A word for word translation runs something like this: “If not you will believe (lo ta-aminoo), surely not you will be established (lo te-amenoo).” The three letter Hebrew root – "aleph"- "mem"- "nun", is the same in both words, and the Holy Spirit through the prophet Isaiah is clearly playing on this root to emphasize His point. The same root letters are also used in the spelling for the familiar word "Amen" which literally means "truthfully".

A study of the root of the Hebrew word for "Amen" reveals numerous related meanings: "le-heet-amen", "to practice or exercise" and "le-ha-amin", "to believe". And finally, the same root is found in the Hebrew word for "faith", "emunah". Simply through the inter-relationships of these similarly rooted words, it's not hard to see that real faith is intimately connected to real practice or exercise. James put it simply, "Faith without works is dead". True faith is an active faith, practicing faith, faith that is exercised-- and finally, faith that is truthful.

Elaine, this passage speaks of being established. How are you established in your walk? By practicing and exercising your faith truthfully...simple as that. Can you say "Amen" to that?

Have a blessed and great weekend! Shabbat Shalom!

(Mansfield, Texas)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 31 Jan 2024, 8:48 pm

Elaine, brake early!

1 Corinthians 10:8 We must not indulge in sexual immorality as some of them did, and twenty-three thousand fell in a single day.

Numbers 25:1-3 Now Israel remained in Acacia Grove, and the people began to commit harlotry with the women of Moab. They invited the people to the sacrifices of their gods, and the people ate and bowed down to their gods. So Israel was joined to Baal of Peor, and the anger of the Lord was aroused against Israel.

When the Apostle Paul wrote this letter to the Corinthians, he was speaking to a church that was surrounded with sexual immorality. The city of Corinth was a haven of hedonism where many temples hosted hundreds of prostitutes which were visited by vast multitudes of foreigners. In the ancient world, the term "Corinthianize" indicated a life of sexual promiscuity.

Paul connects the situation in Corinth with that which is found in Numbers 25. With YHVH's blessing on the young Israelite nation, the prophet Balaam was unable to obey the king of Moab's (Balak) command to curse Israel. But because Balaam was a self-serving prophet, practicing both divination (Numbers 24:1) and giving voice to the words of YHVH, he was willing to advise Balak to seduce the men of Israel with the Moabite women, causing Israel to fall into idolatry which brought God's judgment upon them. (Numbers 31:16) Balaam understood that living in holiness and sexual purity is a great protection, and that fornication and adultery would bring a curse with them.

Sexual sin is serious, and it is rampant in our time. There seems to be almost no escaping the temptation of licentiousness at every corner. But C.S. Lewis offered this advice to a friend, still worth heeding as much as possible: "We must learn by experience to avoid either trains of thought or social situations which for us (not necessarily for everyone) lead to temptations. Like motoring (driving) -- don't wait till the last moment before you put on the brakes, but put them on, gently and quietly, while the danger is still a good way off."

Elaine, the spirit of Corinth is everywhere, as we all can see. The greatest protection is abiding with the Lord in our determination to reject a "Corinthian" life of hedonism (living for pleasure), and to cultivate a godly and beautiful vision of marriage and sexuality, for ourselves and our loved ones. That vision will inspire us to navigate these licentious times, avoid trouble spots, and put on the brakes gently and firmly.

(Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 31 Jan 2024, 8:45 pm

Elaine, be valiant!

Judges 6:12 And the angel of the LORD appeared to him, and said to him, The LORD is with you, you mighty man of valor!

Judges 6 begins with an angel talking to Gideon saying, "thou mighty man of valor!" However, in this passage Gideon isn't feeling very valiant -- he's consumed with his circumstances -- how poor his family is and how he's the least of his fathers' house. He doesn't feel he's done anything worthy of being called valiant, yet the angel still addresses him "mighty man of valor!"

Gideon is not the only one who struggles with feeling unvaliant, though, is he? Even the best of us struggle with feelings of failure and defeat. But we must remember that we are part of the Lord's army -- and in the Lord's army, we do not depend upon our own strength. We depend upon the power of the Lord! We depend upon the victory that He has already won!

Imagine the countless thousands of saints like Gideon who have passed away before us and now sit in heaven's glory where every tear is dried, and every wound is healed -- who have already fought the battle of life and are calling down to us from heaven saying "Fellow Saint, you can get through this thing! Fight this battle -- for we have fought these same battles in our lives and been rewarded with heaven's glory! So fight through and we'll see you soon beside us! March forward you mighty man and woman of valor!"

Elaine, the Lord stands eagerly awaits our call. He wants us to walk in His power, not our own! Let's give him our circumstances today and strive to rely on His strength to conquer them!

(Mansfield, Texas)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 31 Jan 2024, 7:41 pm

Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Every time I turn on the news it seems the new buzzword is – CHANGE! So how can we just shift gears and change? Let's learn a lesson about basic automotive mechanics. Generally a car has between 4 and 5 gears. The first gear maximizes power in exchange for speed. As you move through the gears, you can continue to go faster, yet without using any more power, and before you know it – you have to look at the speedometer – cause nobody wants a speeding ticket!

So what can we learn from this? Do you want a breakthrough? Do you want a new direction? Then you need to take that first step! You need to put all your focus – all your energy into that first initial gear! Yes, it takes all your strength, and yet it seems like you're moving sooo slow -- but be encouraged, because once you start moving, you'll be able to shift gears -- and before you know it –- you'll be sailing along, and even need to check to see if you're speeding!

Elaine, the first step is always the hardest -- but it's necessary for change! You can breakthrough with the power of God empowering you, so GO FOR IT! Put everything you've got into that first start. And just like driving, it'll get easier; and before you know it -- we might even have to issue you a speeding citation, just to slow you down a bit..! With so much work to be done, let's not stay in neutral -- let's get in gear, and start shifting!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 31 Jan 2024, 6:49 pm

Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Every time I turn on the news it seems the new buzzword is – CHANGE! So how can we just shift gears and change? Let's learn a lesson about basic automotive mechanics. Generally a car has between 4 and 5 gears. The first gear maximizes power in exchange for speed. As you move through the gears, you can continue to go faster, yet without using any more power, and before you know it – you have to look at the speedometer – cause nobody wants a speeding ticket!

So what can we learn from this? Do you want a breakthrough? Do you want a new direction? Then you need to take that first step! You need to put all your focus – all your energy into that first initial gear! Yes, it takes all your strength, and yet it seems like you're moving sooo slow -- but be encouraged, because once you start moving, you'll be able to shift gears -- and before you know it –- you'll be sailing along, and even need to check to see if you're speeding!

Elaine, the first step is always the hardest -- but it's necessary for change! You can breakthrough with the power of God empowering you, so GO FOR IT! Put everything you've got into that first start. And just like driving, it'll get easier; and before you know it -- we might even have to issue you a speeding citation, just to slow you down a bit..! With so much work to be done, let's not stay in neutral -- let's get in gear, and start shifting!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 30 Jan 2024, 9:58 pm

Elaine, learn to shift gears!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 26 Jan 2024, 9:57 pm

https://www.worthynews.com/92706-turkey-and-iran-condemn-israel-and-agree-to-cooperate
Turkey and Iran Condemn Israel And Agree To Cooperate
Thursday, January 25, 2024 | Tag Cloud | Learn about out FREE SYNDICATION

turkey iran worthy ministries
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News

ANKARA/JERUSALEM (Worthy News) – Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan, who has accused Israel of genocide, and his Iranian counterpart Ebrahim Raisi, who seeks the Jewish nation’s destruction, have agreed to tighten security cooperation.

Both leaders said they agreed “to avoid steps” that further threaten Middle East stability three months into the Hamas-Gaza war, despite their nations’ controversial role in the armed conflict.

Turkey, which supports “a two-state solution to end” the decades-old Israeli-Palestinian conflict, has condemned Israel for its attacks on Hamas targets in Gaza.

Erdogan called for an immediate ceasefire and backed legal steps for Israel to be tried for “genocide.”

He earlier compared Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu with Germany’s wartime dictator Adolf Hitler, who oversaw the murder of some six million Jews and others he didn’t like.

Erdogan said he and Raisi discussed in Ankara this week ending Israel’s “inhumane” attacks on the Gaza Strip and the need for “fair and lasting peace” in the region.

Unlike its Western allies and some Arab nations, NATO alliance member Turkey refused to call Hamas a “terrorist” group. However, it recently killed about 1,200 people and kidnapped some 250 others in Israel.

The October 7 atrocities led to a retaliatory Israeli military campaign on Gaza, which continues today.

Iran leads what it calls the Axis of Resistance, a loose coalition that includes Hamas and armed Shi’ite Muslim groups around the region that militarily confronted Israel and Western allies.

However, “We agreed on the importance of refraining from steps that will further threaten the security and stability of our region,” Erdogan stressed.

He added they also agreed to continue cooperation against “cross-border threats” without elaborating.

We're being CENSORED ... HELP get the WORD OUT! SHARE!!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 25 Jan 2024, 10:35 pm

Elaine, Hello? Anyone home?

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

You know how sometimes we get a phone call from someone who didn’t intend to dial us? And what do we usually say? Sorry, you have the wrong number.

Well, here’s a bit of food for thought. What if it’s not the wrong number they just dialed? What if they actually dialed the right number, only they didn’t know it?? Some of you may think it's a little radical but my wife answered a phone call like that ... and over an hour later, they were still talking about the Lord. This young man got an earful and boy was he ever touched.

God is everywhere and He is in everything. Nothing happens that He didn’t know from the beginning of time. We need to be ready to jump on an opportunity to share His goodness even though in the natural it might seem a little strange -- forget natural! We need to operate in the supernatural!!

Elaine, we need to learn to expect the supernatural with the Lord. He doesn’t always work in the way we think He should. Let’s open our minds and our hearts to what He is doing.

(Mansfield, Texas)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 24 Jan 2024, 11:08 pm

Elaine, who is in the center?

Revelation 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

The word "midst", in the Greek, is 'meros' which literally means "the middle". In the 'meros' of the throne in heaven is the Lamb of God. The very focus of heaven -- the center of attention -- is the Lamb of God!

So often we receive emails asking specific doctrinal questions about this new "revelation" or that new "teaching", and the very first thing I must ask myself is -- is Yeshua (Jesus) in the center? If all of heaven is centered on the Lamb of God, how much should every doctrine be centered on Him? And how much more should our lives be centered on the Lamb that was slain for us?

Elaine, the Lord expects us to test all things (1 John 4:1), and see if they are of God. Let's not get distracted with doctrines in which He is not the center.

(Daphne, Alabama)

Elaine, He's in the midst of the fire!

Daniel 3:17-18;23-25 If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up."And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace. Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished; and he rose in haste and spoke, saying to his counselors, "Did we not cast three men bound into the midst of the fire?" They answered and said to the king, "True, O king." "Look!" he answered, "I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God."

This one of several theophanies found in the Old Testament of the "preincarnate" Yeshua (Jesus). In this story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. These three men refused to bow and worship another God besides the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. While they knew that God was able to deliver them, they also knew that He might choose not to do so–and whether He delivered them or not had no influence on their loyalty to Him. These three faithful Hebrews were convinced that idolatry was a non-starter for them, no matter what! Their unquestionable loyalty brought wrath upon their heads. Nebuchadnezzar's violent rage moved him to increase the furnace fires seven times!

Elaine, isn't this the crux of the matter for all of us who live by faith? Whether He delivers us or not??!! Wasn't this the Lord's example in the Garden of Gethsemane? And don't we know that this kind of resolution will increase the intensity of the attacks against us? Our faithful obedience and loyalty UNDER PRESSURE is the most powerful testimony we can give of our love and faith in God. And one way or another, Yeshua (Jesus) will be standing there in the fire with us, just as He was with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. They were delivered. But what really stands out is that they didn't make their deliverance an issue with God. Will you?

(Daphne, Alabama)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next