World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel Reserve Soldiers killed
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyYesterday at 10:11 pm by Admin

» Open letter Jewish COLLEGE STUDENTS
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyYesterday at 9:42 pm by Admin

» Historic Milestone Saudi Arabia-Israel stability
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyYesterday at 9:08 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyYesterday at 5:36 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyYesterday at 5:19 pm by Admin

» PRO TRUTH of Israel what Pro PA want
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyYesterday at 4:59 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyYesterday at 4:19 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:56 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:05 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 10:59 pm by Admin

» iNSPIRATIONAL DEVOTION Israel
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 10:38 pm by Admin

» THE FREE PRESS
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 5:52 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:40 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:37 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:24 pm by Admin

» Jewish History~ WHO DOES IT BELONG TO
Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:22 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ?

Go down

Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ? Empty Are There Different Levels Of Heaven ?

Post  Zerich Fri 10 Apr 2009, 7:10 pm

Question: "Are there different levels of Heaven?"

Answer: The closest thing Scripture says to there being different levels of heaven is found in 2 Corinthians 12:2, “I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know-God knows.” Some interpret this as indicating that there are three different levels of heaven divided into a level for "super-committed Christians" or Christians who have obtained a high level of spirituality, a level for "ordinary" Christians, and a level for Christians who did not serve God faithfully. This view has no basis in Scripture.

Paul is not saying that there are three heavens or even three levels of heaven. In many ancient cultures, people used the term "heaven" to describe three different "realms" – the sky, outer space, and then a spiritual heaven. Although the terms are not specifically biblical, these are commonly known as the terrestrial, telestial, and celestial heavens. Paul was saying that God took him to the "celestial" heavens, as in the realm in which God dwells. The concept of different levels of heaven may have come in part from Dante’s Divine Comedy in which he describes both heaven and hell has having nine different levels. The Divine Comedy, however, is a fictional work. The idea of different levels of heaven is foreign to Scripture.

Scripture does speak of different rewards in heaven, however. Jesus said regarding rewards, "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done" (Revelation 22:12). Jesus said He is coming suddenly, and when He comes He will have with Him rewards to give to men on the basis of what they have done. Now this shows us that there is going to be a time of reward for believers. In 2 Timothy 4, we read the words of Paul as he closes out his ministry: "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge shall give me at that day, and not to me only but unto them also that love His appearing." When Jesus comes for His church it will be immediately followed by a time of rewards. We leave this world, we meet Jesus Christ in the air, we go to the Father's house and there is a time of reward.

Only those works that survive God’s refining fire have eternal value and will be worthy of reward. Those valuable works are referred to as “gold, silver and precious stones” (1 Corinthians 3:12) and are those things that are built upon the foundation of faith in Christ. Those works that will not be rewarded are called “wood, hay, and stubble” in the same passage and denote not evil deeds, but shallow activities with no eternal value. Rewards will be distributed at the “judgment seat of Christ,” a place where believers’ lives will be evaluated for the purpose of rewards only. “Judgment” of believers never refers to punishment for sin. Jesus Christ was punished for our sin when He died on the cross, and God said about us, “I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more" (Hebrews 8:12). What a glorious thought! The Christian need never fear punishment, but can look forward to crowns of reward that we can cast at the feet of our Savior.

Zerich

Back to top Go down