World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021 - 14:56
Latest topics
» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyToday at 19:04 by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyToday at 0:25 by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyToday at 0:08 by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyYesterday at 23:23 by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyYesterday at 23:19 by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyYesterday at 23:09 by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyYesterday at 22:57 by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyYesterday at 22:31 by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyYesterday at 22:13 by Admin

» THE BLAZE
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyYesterday at 22:00 by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyYesterday at 19:57 by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024 - 23:29 by Admin

» Israel 365 News
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024 - 22:40 by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024 - 21:19 by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024 - 18:38 by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024 - 21:54 by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024 - 21:22 by Admin

» israelAM
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024 - 21:10 by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024 - 21:02 by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 23:15 by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE

Go down

NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE Empty NUGGET: FOR ZION'S SAKE

Post  Admin Fri 26 Mar 2010 - 13:02

FOR ZION'S SAKE
"Come, they say, let us destroy them as a nation, that the name of Israel be remembered no more." (Psalm 83:4 NIV)
"For Zion’s sake, I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem’s sake, I will not remain quiet till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch." (Isaiah 62:1 NIV)
Current events in Israel remind me of an old cartoon I saved depicting modern day news in the language of Scripture. While the cartoon makes light of the serious, on-going conflict in the Middle East, it clearly demonstrates how little has changed over thousands of years in regard to the events happening in Israel today. In Zechariah 12:2-3 the Lord declares Jerusalem will be: “a cup of trembling” and “a burdensome stone” to many. Yet, Isaiah 28:16 guarantees a different stone; “a precious cornerstone” that is a secure foundation in Zion.
Ironically, the name Jerusalem means “foundation of peace” and plays a major role in God’s divine plan for the world. Ezekiel 5:5 describes the Holy City as being in the “center of the nations.” Strategically, Israel’s location is of tremendous importance since it borders the three main continents of Asia, Africa and Europe. With this convenient position, God has chosen her to be a light to all nations. Jesus said in John 12:32: “But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself.” (NIV) Eventually, through Israel, though small in size, the powerful ministry of the Gospel of Peace was preached in Jerusalem and then spread to all mankind.
For believers, the future reign of Christ is established in Isaiah 2:4: “He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples, they will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.” (NIV) Until then, despite the opposition from her enemies, pray for the peace of Jerusalem and for Zion’s sake may the blazing torch of her Salvation reach unto the uttermost parts of the earth.
Prayer
Lord, according to Your will, we pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Thank You for the precious message of the Gospel that was delivered to all mankind through the nation of Israel. We look forward to the blessed hope of Your return when the Prince of Peace shall rule the world in justice and truth. In Jesus Holy Name. Amen.
Lori Ciccanti
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down