World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 33 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyYesterday at 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyYesterday at 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyYesterday at 11:43 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyYesterday at 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyYesterday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyYesterday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyYesterday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyYesterday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyYesterday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
A Beautiful Work of Art EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

A Beautiful Work of Art

Go down

A Beautiful Work of Art Empty A Beautiful Work of Art

Post  Admin Sun 25 Apr 2010, 3:51 pm

A Beautiful Work of Art
As Christian's we hold one of the most honored blessings, we are the Temple of God. That means that every person who accepts the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior is a Temple of God. "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?" - I Corinthians 3:16. Now, with that in mind, are you truly honoring the Temple of God? Of course, we all do things that are questionable, but just as the first Temple took time to build so does ours. Stone by stone, piece by piece, God is building His Temple in each and every one of us, it may look a bit ordinary and dull on the outside, it may even take a while, but He is molding us and shaping us to be a beautiful work of art.
Before Jesus came, the Holy Spirit did not dwell in a person, He dwelt above the Ark of the Covenant of God. Although David was able to retrieve the Ark after the Philistines took it, he never had a permanent home for it, but before he died he gave Solomon the command to build a house for God. "And Hiram king of Tyre sent his servants unto Solomon; for he had heard that they had anointed him king in the room of his father: for Hiram was ever a lover of David. And Solomon sent to Hiram, saying, Thou knowest how that David my father could not build an house unto the name of the LORD his God for the wars which were about him on every side, until the LORD put them under the soles of his feet. But now the LORD my God hath given me rest on every side, so that there is neither adversary nor evil occurrent. And, behold, I purpose to build an house unto the name of the LORD my God, as the LORD spake unto David my father, saying, Thy son, whom I will set upon thy throne in thy room, he shall build an house unto my name....And it came to pass, when Hiram heard the words of Solomon, that he rejoiced greatly, and said, Blessed be the LORD this day, which hath given unto David a wise son over this great people. " - I Kings 5:1-5,7. Solomon enlisted the best people to help build God's house. The Temple was chiefly built by the riches and labor of Gentiles, which typified their being called into the church.
When Hiram heard that he had a chance to build the Temple he rejoiced and jumped at the opportunity. God will use anyone willing to serve Him, regardless of their color, race, or degree.
480 years after the Israelites were freed from Egypt, King Solomon began construction of the Temple, it was built out of the finest stones and materials. "And it came to pass in the four hundred and eightieth year after the children of Israel were come out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon's reign over Israel, in the month Zif, which is the second month, that he began to build the house of the LORD. And the house which king Solomon built for the LORD, the length thereof was threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof twenty cubits, and the height thereof thirty cubits....And the house, when it was in building, was built of stone made ready before it was brought thither: so that there was neither hammer nor axe nor any tool of iron heard in the house, while it was in building.... In the fourth year was the foundation of the house of the LORD laid, in the month Zif: And in the eleventh year, in the month Bul, which is the eighth month, was the house finished throughout all the parts thereof, and according to all the fashion of it. So was he seven years in building it." - I Kings 6:1,2,7,37,38. The Temple took eleven years to build, every stone added to the building was already shaped and molded to fit so that no noise was made by the craftsmen as they constructed it. This silence was the design of God and illustrates the unnoticed manner in which God carries on His purpose of grace within the Christian. We are transformed into His glorious likeness, not by noisy human efforts, but silently by the power of the Holy Spirit, as day by day God perfects His Temple within every believer.
Solomon's Temple was not a large structure compared to some of today's massive worship centers. Its beauty was not in its intricate workmanship and the excessive costliness of its materials. Although the building was beautiful to behold, the real glory of the Temple was deep within. Its true glory was in God's Presence in the Holy of Holies. The Temple was the only structure on earth ever to be the dwelling place of the Sovereign Creator and Holy God. Many of today's churches may look impressive, but there is no sign of God in them. God no longer dwells in buildings, He dwells within the people in the buildings. The indwelling presence of God is the life and the inspiration of all who know Him as Lord and Savior. God desires to display His priceless gold, silver, and precious stones of love, joy, peace, and gentleness through every believer, not a building. "According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 3:10,11.
As God creates a beautiful work of art in us, it is important that we lay our foundation on Jesus Christ, He will teach us and guide us away from all that is unrighteousness, even those we hang around that are not. However, we must make an effort if we want to build our temple, the first thing we need to do is to separate ourselves from unbelievers. They will keep us from being molded properly, or at least prolong it. "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." - II Corinthians 6:14-18. I know this can be hard, but God will take care of it, He will either bring them to know Christ and become a believer or He will make a way for you to be separated from them. Put your trust in the Lord Jesus and He will honor us as we honor Him. Praise God!
Enjoy the rest of your day/night and weekend.
God Bless You, I am praying for you
source: goodnews.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down