World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 40 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 40 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 7:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 11:15 pm by Admin

» Jews of Egypt
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 9:46 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

VERSE from HEARTLIGHT

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down

VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 3 Empty Re: VERSE from HEARTLIGHT

Post  Admin Mon 10 Dec 2012, 8:30 pm

Today's Verse for 12/10/2012
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. — Romans 12:10
Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought
"He who toots his own horn plays in a very small band!" A very selfish part of us wants all attention and appreciation to be focused on what we have done, sacrificed, and accomplished. One of the signs of spiritual maturity that Paul lists here, however, is a devotion to others who are our fellow Christians. This means that we genuinely rejoice when others are honored. In fact, we are even more interested in honoring others than in receiving honor ourselves.

Prayer
Dear God, my loving Father, thank you for surrounding me with so many godly and honorable people. Please help me see ways each day that I can show them my love, admiration, and appreciation. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to [email=phil@heartlight]phil@heartlight[/email]. org.

Today's Verse Illustrated
© 1998-2012, Heartlight Inc.

Remember, Jesus is the reason for the season.
Merry Christmas
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 09 Dec 2012, 8:02 pm

Today's Verse for 12/09/2012
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. — Romans 12:9

Thought
Our love cannot be feigned, faked, or fickle! That means that we abhor things that are evil. We not only stay away from them, but we disdain them. At the same time, we commit ourselves to lovingly drawing closer to goodness and righteousness. In our intentions, there are no shades of gray, only a passionate desire for what is right, good, and holy.

Prayer
Holy and Righteous Father, I know that you have declared me righteous and holy because of Jesus' sacrifice. Now I ask that you help me live up to what you have declared me to be. Through your Holy Spirit's indwelling, please fill me with your love and drive out anything unclean, evil, or rancid that dwells in my heart. Thank you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
Merry Christmas
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 08 Dec 2012, 11:10 pm

Today's Verse for 12/08/2012
I tell you, whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God. — Luke 12:8

Thought
What a simple way to inherit a blessing. Let's make sure that we don't fall into the trap of Peter during the night of Jesus' arrest -- strong when in the presence of friends and weak in the presence of those who are hostile. Let's be ready to share our faith with friends with "gentleness and respect" (1 Pet. 3:15). Let's be willing to be openly identified as one of Jesus' disciples and show it by our words and deeds. Let's confess that Jesus is our Lord by our lives and our lips for all the world to see.

Prayer
Dear God, give me courage and wisdom to appropriately acknowledge Jesus as Lord before my friends, co-workers, and colleagues in a way that honors Christ and that is respectful of them. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
Today's Verse for 12/07/2012
Wicked men are overthrown and are no more, but the house of the righteous stands firm. — Proverbs 12:7
Thought
This is eventually true in every culture. An evil leader is murdered by his even more evil successor. Ruin comes to the one who brings ruination on others. But ultimately, this result will be fully true only when Jesus comes and judges all people justly and with nothing hidden. Then, God's righteous will shine like the sun and reign with him in heavenly glory which will not spoil, perish, or fade. Justice with mercy, love with strength, and life without death will find their way in the city God has prepared for those who love him.

Prayer
Dear Father in heaven, may your Kingdom come with power in our world and may your will be done here on earth just as it is done in heaven. Overthrow the wicked, and let those you have made righteous in Jesus stand in the presence of your glory and grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Merry Christmas
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:22 pm

Today's Verse for 12/06/2012
I tell you that one greater than the temple is here. — Matthew 12:6
Thought
What is the greatest construction project built by human hands? Jesus is greater still! What is the most "holy" place you have been? Jesus is far holier still! What is the most awe-inspiring site you have visited? Jesus is far more awesome and holy! What is the most inspiring event you have ever attended? Jesus is far more... Jesus is the One Who Is Greater! Nothing else, no one else, can hold a candle to him. As John the Baptist reminded us, the greatest religious leaders of all time are not even worthy to unlatch his sandals.

Prayer
Thank you, God for revealing to me the Way, the Truth, and the Life through Jesus. Forgive me for the times I may have misused his name or underestimated his glory. Restore in me the child-like sense of joyous wonder that I need to have in his presence. In the holy and awesome name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Merry Christmas
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 Dec 2012, 7:13 pm

Today's Verse for 12/05/2012
And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: "My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you... — Hebrews 12:5

Thought
When I was young, I always acted as if I hated discipline. It was part of the game. Now that I am older, I am so thankful that my parents loved me enough to discipline me strongly, to guide me lovingly, and encourage me repeatedly. This "discipline and training of God" has given me so many blessings. Now if I can just learn to recognize and appreciate the Lord's discipline in my life the same way! The lack of love is not hate, but indifference. The opposite of concern is an unwillingness to discipline. Thank God that he loves us and knows us enough to be involved in our lives and discipline us in the direction of heaven.

Prayer
Father in heaven, please help me to recognize your discipline and correction in my life. I want to live for you with an undivided heart, pleasing you in word, thought, and deed. I confess, however, that sometimes my heart is rebellious or my resolve is weak. I thank you for helping me recognize my loss of spiritual direction through your loving discipline. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 04 Dec 2012, 11:30 pm

Today's Verse for 12/03/2012
Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit. — 1 Corinthians 12:3

Thought
Say it today as often as you can without being offensive to others: “Jesus is Lord.” But more than just saying it, truly mean it. Look up the word “Lord” in a concordance and read all the references to it in the New Testament. Open up your heart and ask Jesus to be Lord of your life. Jesus is Lord! He will be so whether you or I recognize it or not. But one day, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord. (Phil. 2:10-11) Let's just get on board while it matters most to us and to those we love!

Prayer
LORD God Almighty, thank you for raising Jesus from the dead and seating him at your right hand in power and making him both Lord and Christ. I want your Son, Jesus, to be my Lord today, and until that Day he comes to take me home. I make this confession in the name of Jesus Christ, my Savior and my Lord. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 03 Dec 2012, 9:57 pm

Today's Verse for 12/02/2012
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. — Romans 12:2

Thought
Sooner or later we all have to make a decision: Will I be a nonconformist? Will I refuse to be squeezed into the mold of the world? (J.B. Phillips terminology) Will I be part of a Christian counter-culture? (John R.W. Stott terminology) Will I be God's own person, an alien and an exile in the world, put here to have a redemptive influence? (The apostle Peter's terminology) Jesus simply calls us his disciples. Bottom line: until we are really ready to cross the line and live totally for the Lord, we're not going to be able to fully recognize God's will for us. There are no arm-chair quarterback Christians. There are no sideline disciples. There are no back-seat driver Christians. We either chose the Lordship of Jesus, or else we reject it. So what's your decision?

Prayer
Holy God, I believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior. I believe that he came to earth as a human, lived an exemplary life of grace and power, and died for my sins so I could live for you, and with you, forever. Please forgive me, O God, for the times that I have hedged on my commitment to you and flirted with the darkness. I want to live for you with passion, joy, and fulfillment. I want to be transformed to be like Christ. In his name, Jesus the Lord, I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 01 Dec 2012, 9:05 pm

Today's Verse for 12/01/2012
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. — Romans 12:1

Thought
Our worship isn't confined to Sunday! Each day that we offer ourselves to Jesus as his servants, we also are offering him our worship. Every time that we consciously resist evil and choose good, we are offering pleasing and acceptable worship to God. Isn't it exciting that worship doesn't happen just in a church building! Isn't it incredible that each day our decisions and actions are a crucial part of our worship to God!

Prayer
Holy LORD, God Almighty, please accept the offering of my thoughts, my words, and my actions today, and each day that follows, as my loving worship to you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:28 pm

Today's Verse for 11/30/2012
If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. — 2 Corinthians 11:30

Thought
One of Paul's recurring themes throughout 2 Corinthians is that God's strength is made perfect in weakness. In 1 Corinthians, he emphasizes that the strength, wisdom, and power of God are shown in what is normally a sign of weakness and humiliation -- the Cross (cf. 1 Corinthians 1:18-2:5). Paul wasn't a wimp -- remember all that he endured and kept on serving the Lord (2 Corinthians 11:24-27). He just knew that even with all his training and talent, he wasn't skilled, smart, or strong enough to do all that needed to be done for the Kingdom of God. But he knew that when we recognize our insufficiency, God takes our weakness and uses it powerfully when we offer ourselves to him!

Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for all those times that you have strengthened me when I was under trial, given me wisdom when in a difficult situation, or empowered me when I faced situations and opportunities greater than my ability to handle. I recognize that you saved me by your grace; but each day that I serve you, I am again reminded that your grace continues to propel me through my service to you. Thank you, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 Nov 2012, 10:49 pm

Today's Verse for 11/29/2012
For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself. — 1 Corinthians 11:29

Thought
The Lord's Supper is a precious time for Christians. We remember the incredible sacrifice Jesus made to save us from our sins. We also realize that when Christians gather together and take the Supper, we are the Body of Christ, his physical presence on this earth (cf. 1 Corinthians 10:17). Whatever happens to one of us matters to the rest of the Body. Every time we take the Supper, let's remember the other members of Christ's Body around us. Let's also give thanks for Jesus, who offered his body and blood at Calvary to save us. At the same time, let's commit to be the presence of Christ in the world and do his work.

Prayer
Father, thank you for the first incarnation of Jesus when he became flesh and lived on earth. Thank you for his second incarnation through his Body, the Church. Please help me to value other members of his Body more. Please bless me with wisdom and courage as we (our congregation) seek to truly minister as his presence in our world. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 28 Nov 2012, 9:47 pm

Today's Verse for 11/28/2012
He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it." — Luke 11:28

Thought
God gave us his word to bless us. When we obey what he asks of us, we get to walk in that blessing. On the other hand, as Jesus reminded us at the end of the Sermon on the Mount, when we know the will of God and don't obey it, we are foolish. I don't know about you, but I prefer to receive a blessing! Thank God for speaking to us through his word -- the Scriptures -- so we can know his will and walk in his blessing and for speaking to us through his living Word -- his Son -- so we can know his heart as we apply it to our lives.

Prayer
Thank you, Father, for revealing your will to me through the Scriptures. Thank you for wanting to bless me and protect me from evil. Please forgive me for the times in the past that I have ignored your will or neglected being obedient to it. Today, I commit to live intentionally in your will and to live obediently to your word. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Today's Verse for 11/27/2012
"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." — Matthew 11:27-28

Thought
True rest comes from knowing God. King David reminds us of this inPsalm 23. Jesus makes it clear again. Only Jesus can fully reveal God to us. Only Jesus can take away the burden of seeking to please God without an understanding of grace. Only he can remove the burden of our past sins and enable us to stand holy, blameless, and free from accusation before God Almighty. (cf.Colossians 1:21-22)

Prayer
Father in heaven, thank you for sending Jesus to fulfill the Law and to bless me with your grace. May I never take that grace for granted. Dear Father, empower me to serve you with joy and gladness that come from the burdens of my sinfulness and failure lifted by your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

© 1998-2012, Heartlight Inc
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 26 Nov 2012, 9:47 pm

Today's Verse for 11/25/2012
"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins." — Mark 11:25

Thought
To me, this is one of the most challenging reminders of God's will in Scripture. I must forgive others! When I refuse, it cuts me off the stream of forgiveness that God so longs to give to me. While forgiving others is never easy, God has not only commanded us to do it, he has also given us his Son as an example of forgiveness. In addition, he has promised to empower us to be able to do his will by the power of the Holy Spirit. The real issue: Will we let go of our bitterness toward those who have wounded us?

Prayer
Dear God, I want to forgive ____ of the sin committed against me. Please block cynicism and bitterness from my heart. Please empower me to forgive as Jesus did. In addition, dear Father, please teach me what my commitment to forgive actually means in terms of the life changes I need to make. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 25 Nov 2012, 6:23 pm

Today's Verse for 11/24/2012
He [Barnabas] was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and faith, and a great number of people were brought to the Lord. — Acts 11:24

Thought
Barnabas was a good man! Why? For many reasons. But, the key reason was that he was full of faith and the Holy Spirit. This shouldn't surprise us. When the Holy Spirit lives in us, he is at work producing the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) and conforming us to the character of Christ (2 Corinthians 3:18). No wonder Barnabas' influence was so great on the lives of those who lived in Antioch; his life was under the influence of God's Spirit!

Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father, I want my life to be influential for the good of the Gospel and the growth of your Kingdom. I offer myself to you as a living sacrifice, asking that you conform me to the nature of your Son Jesus and bring forth in me the fruit of your Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 24 Nov 2012, 2:55 pm

Today's Verse for 11/23/2012
For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." — 1 Corinthians 11:23-24

Thought
Remember Jesus! Remember his great sacrifice. Remember his incomparable love for you! Remember him through his Supper! Remember Jesus!

Prayer
O Father, thank you so much for Jesus! Thank you for blessing me with a spiritual meal which reminds me and proclaims again that Jesus died, offering his body and blood as the atoning sacrifice for my sins. Thank you for giving me the day of his resurrection as the day I can powerfully remember this great sacrifice and anticipate the great day of reunion that his resurrection has secured for your children. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Today's Verse for 11/22/2012
Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion. — Proverbs 11:22

Thought
To take what is physically beautiful and then profane it with sin is to waste a great gift to bless someone who doesn't even have a clue why God gave it to her or him. No matter what gifts we have been given, whether physical beauty, athletic talent, keen intellect, a charming personality, or anything else, we must remember that God blessed us with these things so we could bless others and honor him!

Prayer
Dear God, please forgive me for the times that I have not used my gifts and abilities to bless others and honor you. Please give me a renewed sense of purpose as I seek to live for your glory and to bless others with your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 22 Nov 2012, 6:47 pm

Today's Verse for 11/21/2012
"Lord," Martha said to Jesus, "if you had been here, my brother would not have died." — John 11:21

Thought
If you have ever stood at the grave side of a loved one, this thought probably crossed your mind, too -- if you had only been here, Lord! Where is Jesus when we hurt? Why couldn't he be here to help us? There are a couple of crucial answers to remember. First, Jesus is with us in our moments of loss and grief. The Church is Jesus' Body and every act of kindness, support, comfort, and help is Jesus working to alleviate our grief. Second, while he may not have kept our loved one from passing from this life to the next, he has been the abiding and unbroken presence for each Christian who has died physically. Paul reminds us that when a Christian dies, he or she goes to be with Christ (2 Cor. 5:6-7; Phil. 1:21-23) and God's loving presence is never lost to him or her (Rom. 8:35-39)!

Prayer
Holy Father, please help me see Jesus' ministering presence in my times of loss and grief. Help me see him in the comforting presence of the Holy Spirit who abides in me. Help me see him in the acts of love and kindness your people do to help me. In addition, dear Father, please help me see ways that I can serve as Jesus' presence to someone else who is experiencing grief. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:39 pm

Today's Verse for 11/20/2012
The LORD detests men of perverse heart but he delights in those whose ways are blameless. — Proverbs 11:20

Thought
Whew, I surely wouldn't want to be on God's "I detest" list! Such people are an abomination to him. But what is a perverse heart? It is a heart that allows what is evil, impure, warped, greedy, dishonest, and violent to hold sway over a person's attitudes, views, and opinions. Ultimately, Jesus reminds us, such a heart shows up in a person's outward actions. How is our heart changed? By coming to God in repentance, confessing our alliance with what is evil and ungodly, and asking God to cleanse us and make us new by his Holy Spirit.

Prayer
Create in me a new heart O God and renew your Holy Spirit's presence in me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Nov 2012, 6:51 pm

Today's Verse for 11/19/2012
Teach them [God's commandments] to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. — Deuteronomy 11:19

Thought
Moses gives us three crucial messages about God's commandments. First, as parents, it is our responsibility to teach them to our children -- not the responsibility of the government, or of the schools, nor even our churches. Second, we are to teach them in the everyday course of life as we go about our routines as a family. Third, we are to teach them continuously by both our words and our lives as we raise our children.

Prayer
O LORD God, please bless me as I seek to impart my faith to others, especially to those in my family. Please bless me with a consistent and faithful witness to them, the right words to say when the time is right, and the courage, sensitivity to say it with loving respect, and the courage to live as a strong Christian example for my children and grandchildren. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 18 Nov 2012, 5:21 pm

Today's Verse for 11/18/2012
When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, "So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life." — Acts 11:18

Thought
Breaking through racial and cultural barriers is never easy. Thankfully, God's Spirit doesn't let us settle comfortably into our prejudices. Instead, we are challenged, led, and pushed to break through racial hatred and cultural ignorance. Let's be the kind of people who rejoice and praise God for every barrier that falls that divides people. Let's press on until the triumphant promise of the Gospel is fulfilled: "There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male or female. For you are all Christians — you are one in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:28)

Prayer
Holy God, I ask that you bless all those everywhere who are trying to cross cultural, linguistic, and nationalistic barriers to share the grace of Jesus with those who do not know you and do not honor your Son as Lord. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Today's Verse for 11/17/2012
"Woe to the worthless shepherd, who deserts the flock! May the sword strike his arm and his right eye! May his arm be completely withered, his right eye totally blinded!" — Zechariah 11:17

Thought
While we don't like to hear bad news and don't appreciate the pronouncement of judgment on others, there is a time when it is appropriate. Jesus was not only our sacrificial lamb, but he is also our Chief Shepherd. When the earthly shepherds of his sheep do not lead faithfully, he will demand harsh justice. This is a warning to all who lead that they must do so faithfully and tenderly. It is also a comfort to those who have been abused by ungodly leaders -- God will wipe away your tears and he will bring about a righteous justice to those who have abused the stewardship of their pastoral calling.

Prayer
O LORD, my Shepherd, thank you for leading, guiding, and nourishing me. Please raise up in your Church leaders of conscience, courage, and compassion to shepherd your sheep and to lead them with the heart of Jesus. If I can be used in this capacity, please use me, dear Father, to bless your people and to serve with your heart for people. In the name of Jesus, my Good Shepherd. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Nov 2012, 5:56 pm

Today's Verse for 11/16/2012
Instead, they were longing for a better country -- a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them. — Hebrews 11:16

Thought
Hebrews 11 is full of reminders of the great heroes of faith form long ago. They were looking for a better place, a heavenly place. God has made preparations for them and he is proud to called their God. Jesus also promised us in John 14 that preparations for our arrival at our heavenly home are being made. If God is longing for us to join him, then surely we can have a deep longing to be with him. Let's desire that heavenly country!

Prayer
Thank you, dear Father, for all that you have done to save me. Thank you for not being ashamed of me. Thank you for preparing for my arrival at home with you. With so much to look forward to, may I live a victorious life because I am confident in your grace, forgiven because of Jesus' sacrifice, and empowered to be holy by your Spirit. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 15 Nov 2012, 10:39 pm

Today's Verse for 11/13/2012
All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. — Hebrews 11:13

Thought
I'm not good at waiting for much of anything. I'm like the kids who have seen the catalogues for Christmas toys and are anxious for the big gift day. God does have a great Gift Day ahead for us. On that wonderful day, all our waiting will be over and our faith will become sight. Let's follow the example of these great heroes of faith, and welcome that day from afar, by anticipation, praising God for his victory through Jesus Christ in our lives.

Prayer
Victorious King, Ruler of the Ages, I praise you for the resurrection that lies ahead for me. I thank you in advance for the day I get to see you face to face and join the great celebration of heaven. Until that day, please use me to help others glimpse the character and joy of your great victory. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Today's Verse for 11/14/2012
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. — 2 Corinthians 11:14

Thought
While we wait for God's great victory for us to be fully realized, we also need to know that we are in a battle. God will win this battle through Jesus Christ. The final outcome is certain. Christ has already won the decisive battle. However, let's not be fooled; the evil one will do everything he can to deceive all people and confuse the lost. Let's stick with God's plan -- living his truth, listening for his voice in Scripture, and following the lead of his Spirit.

Prayer
Holy LORD, please give me the ability to discern truth and resist the deception of Satan. Please empower me by your Spirit as I seek to live victoriously for you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:40 am

Today's Verse for 11/12/2012
A man who lacks judgment derides his neighbor, but a man of understanding holds his tongue. € ¢â’ ’´ Proverbs 11:12

Thought
Wise folks don't have to prove their wisdom by disrespecting others and putting them down. Instead, they hold their tongues and let their lives speak what is good, honorable, righteous, and true.

Prayer
Holy Father, give me wisdom in the way I use my speech. May it be a blessing to others and a source of praise to you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 12 Nov 2012, 9:25 pm

Today's Verse for 11/11/2012
In the Lord, however, woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. — 1 Corinthians 11:11

Thought
"We are all one in Christ Jesus!" Paul told the Galatians (Gal. 3:26-29). Satan, however, constantly tries to divide God's people. One of his most effective means of division has been to divide men and women -- whether in families or churches. Paul reminds us that if Jesus is our Lord, we recognize we need each other and we are committed to placing value on each other. Rather than letting Satan divide us through our differences, we choose to unite around our Savior!

Prayer
Holy God, in whose image I am made, please give me the courage to value and esteem all others as you value me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 11 Nov 2012, 4:01 pm

Today's Verse for 11/10/2012
They have returned to the sins of their forefathers, who refused to listen to my words. They have followed other gods to serve them. Both the house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken the covenant I made with their forefathers. Jeremiah 11:10

Thought
Sometimes those with the greatest opportunity for blessings spurn them and fall back into the sinful habits of their heritage and culture. The consequences of this rejection of God, and his will, are enormous. For the last ten days in our devotionals, we've looked at the glorious future that lies ahead for us in our walk with Christ. Unfortunately, there are some who never climb on board the train of grace. They don't follow God and disdain those who do. In the face of their criticism, let's make sure we are truly faithful to God's calling, not just in word, but also in deed.

Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father, I look forward to being with you. Yet, dear Father, I face many challenges in commitment to be faithful. I don't want to fall into the bad and sinful habits of some who have gone before me and who rebelled against you. Please empower my faith to be like those who served you wholeheartedly. Please deliver me from any impure deed or thought. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:31 pm

Today's Verse for 11/09/2012
They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea. — Isaiah 11:9

Thought
What a glorious time of blessing! We will know God personally. But not just us, the vast chorus of the faithful will sing a song of joy because they know God. Let's anticipate that day and join our hearts together in pursuit of God. Let's not settle for merely a factual knowledge about God, but let's come to really know him by sharing in his work, by sharing in his character, and seeking his presence in our lives.

Prayer
Dear Father, please be near to me today. I need to be aware of your presence no matter what today brings. I want you to be my eternal Shepherd who watches out over his sheep and the one whom I know as my Redeemer, Savior, and Friend. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Today's Verse for 11/08/2012
Observe therefore all the commands I am giving you today, so that you may have the strength to go in and take over the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess... — Deuteronomy 11:8

Thought
God's desire that we obey his will is not arbitrary, impulsive, or demanding. He simply wants us to reflect his character, find his blessings, and receive his strength. Let's not look at obedience merely as something we must do, but as a blessing we get to discover.

Prayer
LORD and Father, thank you for revealing your will and calling me to obey it. I know your desire is to share your blessings with me and bring me into your eternal presence. In Jesus' name I thank you. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 07 Nov 2012, 9:35 pm

Today's Verse for 11/06/2012
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. — Hebrews 11:6

Thought
And just why do you serve God? ... fear? ... sense of obligation? ... because your parents did? How about because of your faith in what God has done and will do for us? I believe that God sent his Son Jesus to die for my sins so I could be forgiven, cleansed, and adopted as his child and could share in his presence forever in heaven. What's more, he longs to share his blessings and to reward those who believe in his grace and love!

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for my faith and all those who helped me come to know you and your grace. Please bless me as I seek to share this faith with my family and friends. Thank you for the confidence that my life is secure in your love and victorious because of your power. In Jesus' name I offer you my thanks, my praise, and my heart. Amen.

Today's Verse for 11/05/2012
[In response to John the Baptist's question as to whether Jesus was the Messiah, Jesus said to tell him] "The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor." — Matthew 11:5

Thought
The clear sign of the Messiah's presence was a time of true blessedness for all who know and follow him. Just think how glorious it will be and all the blessings we will share when he comes again!

Prayer
Lord God Almighty, I praise you for the time of blessing that accompanied Jesus' first coming to earth. I rejoice looking forward to his return and to the glorious blessings that await me and my brothers and sisters in Christ when our Savior returns. In anticipation of that Day, I thank you in Jesus' name. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next