World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 39 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 39 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyYesterday at 7:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 11:15 pm by Admin

» Jews of Egypt
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 9:46 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Days of Heaven on Earth

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 40 Empty Re: Days of Heaven on Earth

Post  Admin Wed 29 Dec 2010, 12:37 pm

Simpson Devotional

Inspirational Readings by A.B. Simpson
Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, December 28, 2010

We can only know and prove the fullness of the Spirit as we step out into the larger purposes and plans of Christ for the world.

Perhaps the chief reason why the Holy Spirit has been so limited in His work in the hearts of Christians is the shameful neglect of the unsaved and unevangelized world by the great majority of the professed followers of Christ. There are millions of professing Christians and, perhaps, real Christians-in the world who have never given one real, earnest thought to the evangelization of the heathen world.

God will not give the Holy Spirit in His fullness for the selfish enjoyment of any Christian. His power is a great trust that we must use for the benefit of others and for the evangelization of the lost and sinful world. Not until the people of God begin to understand His real purpose for the salvation of men will the Church ever know the fullness of her Pentecost. God's promised power must lie along the line of duty. As we obey the command we shall receive His promise in His fullness.

Lord, help me to understand Thy plan.

Scripture
The Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him—Acts 5:32
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Dec 2010, 4:56 pm

Simpson Devotional
Days of Heaven on Earth
Monday, December 27, 2010
First, we see the dove going forth from the ark and finding no rest upon the wild and drifting waste of sin and judgment. This can represent the Old Testament period, when the Holy Spirit visited this sinful world but, finding no resting place, went back to the bosom of God.
Next, we see the dove going forth and returning with the olive leaf in her mouth, the symbol and the pledge of peace and reconciliation, the sign that judgment was passed and peace was returning. Surely this may beautifully represent the next stage of the Holy Spirit's manifestation, as in the ministry and death of Jesus Christ, he proclaimed reconciliation to a sinful world.
There is a third stage, when, at length the dove went forth from the ark and returned no more but made the world its home and built its nest among the habitations of men. This is the third and present stage of the Holy Spirit's work. Let us invite the Dove to make His home in our hearts.
Scripture
He . . . sent forth the dove; which returned not again unto him—Genesis 8:12
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 27 Dec 2010, 3:35 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Though this beautiful verse has been unhappily translated in our King James version: The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy, it ought to be, The spirit that dwelleth in us loveth us to jealousy. It is a figure of a love that suffers because of its intense regard for the object loved.
The Holy Spirit is so anxious to accomplish in us and for us the highest will of God and to receive from us the truest love for Christ, our Divine Husband, that He becomes jealous when in any way we disappoint Him or give Him only our partial devotion. Therefore, God says in the preceding passage: Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God?
Shall we grieve so kind a Friend? Shall we disappoint so loving a Husband? Shall we not meet the blessed Holy Spirit with the love He brings us and give in return our undivided and unbounded affection?
Was there ever a Bridegroom who loved so deeply and sought so earnestly to gain our hearts?
Scripture
The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy—James 4:5
<><
Simpson Devotional
Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, December 25, 2010
A Christmas spirit should be a spirit of humility. Beside that beautiful object lesson of the manger, the cradle and the lowly little baby, what Christian heart can ever wish to be proud?
It is a spirit of joy. It is right that these should be glad tidings for the angel announced, Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
It is a spirit of love. It should be the joy that comes from giving joy to others. The central fact of Christmas is the Christ who loved us and came to live among us and die for us. He or she has no right to share its joys who is living for himself or herself alone.
Love is always sacrificial, and so the Christmas spirit will call us to a glad and full surrender, first to God and then to the joyful sacrifice of what we call our own for His glory and the good of others.
The Christmas spirit is a spirit of worship. It finds the Magi at His feet with their gold and frankincense and myrrh. Let it find us there, too.
The Christmas spirit is the spirit of missions. Its glad tidings are for all people.
Scripture
I bring you glad tidingsLuke 2:10
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 25 Dec 2010, 11:37 am

Simpson Devotional

Days of Heaven on Earth
Friday, December 24, 2010

The Lord's promise to Jeremiah was given for hard places. A promise of safety and life in the midst of tremendous pressure-a life for a prey.

We may well apply it to our own times, which are growing harder as we near the end of the age and the coming tribulation.

What is the meaning of a life for a prey? It means a life snatched from the jaws of the destroyer, as David snatched the lamb from the lion. It does not mean a place of security or of removal from the noise of battle and the presence of our foes. Rather, it means a table in the midst of our enemies, a shelter from the storm, a fortress amid the foe. it is a life preserved in the face of continual pressure. it is Paul's healing when pressed out of measure so that he despaired even of life. It is Paul's divine help when, though the thorn remained, the power of Christ rested upon him and the grace of Christ was sufficient.

Lord give me my life for a prey, and in the hardest places help me today to be victorious.

Scripture
Behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the Lord: but thy life will I give unto thee for a prey in all places whither thou goest-Jeremiah 45:5
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 24 Dec 2010, 6:27 pm

Simpson Devotional
Days of Heaven on Earth
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Physical force is stored in the inner parts of the earth, in the coal mines and the oil deposits. So spiritual force is stored in the depths of our being, through the very pressures we cannot understand. Some day we will find that the deliverances we have won from these trials were preparing us to become true "Great Hearts" in life's Pilgrim's Progress, enabling us to lead our fellow pilgrims triumphantly through trial to the City of the King.
But let us never forget that the means of helping other people must be through victorious suffering. Whining and murmuring never do anybody any good. Paul did not carry a cemetery with him but a chorus choir of victorious praise. The harder the trial, the more he trusted and rejoiced, shouting from the very altar of sacrifice, Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all (Philippians 2:17).
Lord, help me this day to draw strength from all that comes to me.
Scripture
Out of the spoils won in battles did they dedicate to maintain the house of the Lord-1 Chronicles 26:27
The following was written by a dear friend of mine and I wanted to share it with all of you. I know it will touch and bless your heart.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 23 Dec 2010, 11:57 am

Days of Heaven on Earth
Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It is a simple law of nature that air always comes in to fill a vacuum. We can produce a draft at any time by heating the air until it ascends, then the cold air rushes in to take its place. Even so we can always be filled with the Holy Spirit by providing a vacuum. This breath is dependent upon exhausting the previous breath before we inhale a fresh one. We must empty our hearts of the last breath of the Holy Spirit that we have received, for it becomes exhausted the moment we have received it, and we need a new supply to prevent spiritual asphyxia.

We must learn the secret of breathing out as well as of breathing in. If the first part is done correctly, the breathing in will continue. One of the best ways to make room for the Holy Spirit is to recognize the needs that come into the life as vacuums for Him to fill. We shall find plenty of needs all around us to be filled, and as we pour out our lives in holy service, He will pour His in-in full measure.

Jesus, empty me and fill me

With Thy fullness to the brim.

Scripture
My tongue also shall talk of thy righteousness all the day long-Psalm 71:24
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 22 Dec 2010, 4:48 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
It is impossible to live a lifetime all at once, or even in a year, but it is delightfully easy to live it a day at a time. Day by day the manna fell; so day by day we may live upon the heavenly bread and live out our lives for God. Let us, breath by breath, moment by moment, step by step, abide in Him. As we take care of the days, He will take care of the years.
God has given us two precious promises for the days. As thy days, so shall thy strength be (Deuteronomy 33:25) is His ancient covenant, and the literal translation of our Master's parting words to His disciples is Lo, I am with you all the days, even unto the end of the age (Matthew 28:20).
Observe the little water spider. Enclosed in a bubble of air it goes down beneath the surface of the pool and there builds its nest, rears its young and lives its little life in that bright sphere beneath the slimy pool. So let us in this dark world shut ourselves in with Christ in the small circle of each returning day and abide in Him, breathing the air of heaven and living in His love.
Scripture
Give us day by day our daily bread-Luke 11:3
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 20 Dec 2010, 4:59 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday, December 19, 2010
0ne of the marks of highest worth is deep lowliness. The shallow nature, conscious of its weakness and insufficiency, is always trying to advertise itself and make sure of its being appreciated. The strong nature, conscious of its strength, is willing to wait and let its work be made manifest in due time. indeed, the truest natures are so free from all self-consciousness and self-conside ration that their object is not to be appreciated, understood or recompensed but to accomplish their true mission and fulfill the real work of life.
One of the most suggestive expressions used respecting the Lord Jesus is given by the evangelist John in chapter 13 of his Gospel where we read, Jesus, knowing . . . that he was come from God, and went to God; He rise the from supper . . . and began to wash the disciples' feet (vv. 3-5). It was because He knew His high dignity and His high destiny that He could stoop to the lowest place. That place could not degrade Him.
God, give to us the divine insignia of heavenly rank: a bowed head and a meek and lowly spirit.
Scripture
God . . . giveth grace unto the humble—James 4:6
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 19 Dec 2010, 4:06 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Faith is hindered most of all by what we call "our faith"-fruitless struggles to workout a faith which is but make-believe- a desperate trying to trust God that inevitably comes short of His vast and glorious promises.
The only faith that is equal to the stupendous promises of God and the measureless needs of our lives is the faith of the Son of God Himself. This is the very trust that Jesus will breathe into the person who intelligently accepts Him as his or her power to believe as well as to love, obey or perform any other exercise of the new life.
Blessed be the name of Jesus! He has bound us to Himself with a cord that fully reaches our poor helpless hearts, a cord that is as divine as that which binds the divine promise in the heavens. Have the faith of God (marginal ref. Mark 11:22) is His great command. I live by the faith of the Son of God is the victorious testimony of one who had proved it true.
Lord, teach me to have the faith of the Son of God.
Scripture
The faith of the Son of God—Galatians 2:20
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 17 Dec 2010, 4:55 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Thursday, December 16, 2010
A friend once said to me, "I must reap what I sowed, for God has said: Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."
"Then why don't you apply this in the spiritual world, I argued, "and compel the sinner to pay the penalty of his sins?"
Christ has borne this penalty, and the same Christ has borne the natural penalties, too, and delivered us out of condemnation in every sense. Physical sufferings come to us, not under the law of retribution but only as a divine disciple. Every penalty has been fulfilled by Christ and every law satisfied, and to the extent that we have risen with Him into the plane of spiritual and eternal life, we are lifted above the mere realm of law. We enter into the full effects of Jesus' complete satisfaction of every claim against us. So it is true that even the ruin that sin has brought upon our physical and temporal life is removed by His great atonement, and the promise is made real to us, I will restore to you the years that the Iocust hath eaten.
Scripture
I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you—Joel 2:25
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Dec 2010, 12:34 pm

Simpson Devotional

Days of Heaven on Earth
Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A11 difficulties and dangers must give way before the omnipotence of faith. By faith the walls of Jericho fell after they had been encompassed seven days, and still the mightiest citadels of the adversary must give way before the steadfast and victorious march of faith.

By faith Daniel shut the mouths of lions and was delivered, we are expressly told, because he believed in his God. It was not his uprightness of life or courageous fidelity that saved him, but his confidence in Jehovah. Such faith has held back the stroke of death and threatened disaster from many of God's children in the daily experiences of their providential lives. There is no difficulty too small for its exercise, and there is no crisis too terrible for its triumph.

Shall we go forth with this shield and buckler and prove all the possibilities of faith? Then indeed shall we possess a charmed life even through the very hosts of hell and know that we are immortal until our work is done.

Scripture
When my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I-Psalm 61:2
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Dec 2010, 2:25 am

Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Difficulties and obstacles are God's challenges to faith. When hindrances confront us in the path of duty we are to recognize them as vessels that faith can fill with the fullness and all-sufficiency of Jesus. As we go forward, simply and fully trusting Him, we may be tested, and we may have to wait and let patience have her perfect work. But at last we shall surely find the stone rolled away and the Lord waiting to render unto us double for our time of testing and to fulfill the promise, Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, . . . and it shall be to the Lord for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.

Oft there comes a wondrous message

When my hopes are growing dim;

I can hear it through the darkness,

Like some sweet and far-off hymn:

Nothing is too hard for Jesus,

No man can work like Him.

Scripture
Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree-Isaiah 55:13

Letter by Weasie
Font;Christmas Card
No Tutorial
Receive my creations
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 14 Dec 2010, 5:58 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Monday, December 13, 2010
So familiar are the vine and the branches, it is not necessary to explain that the branches and the vine are one. The vine does not say, "I am the central trunk and you are the little branches." Rather it acknowledges, "I am the whole thing, and you are the whole thing."
Jesus counts us partakers of His nature. Without me ye can do nothing. The husband and the wife and many other illustrations contribute to our understanding of this marvelous teaching. It has no parallel, no precedent in any other teaching: that Christ is the life of His people, and we are absolutely linked with and dependent upon Him. All other systems teach how much man is and may become. Christianity shows how a man must lose all he is if he would come into full unity with Christ in His life.
Lord, help me this day to abide in Thee.
Oh! what a wonderful place
Jesus has given to me!
Saved by His glorious grace,
I may be even as He.
Scripture
He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit; for without me ye can do nothing—John 15:5
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 14 Dec 2010, 12:39 am

Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday, December 12, 2010
0ne of the most blessed things about divine healing is that the strength it brings is holy strength. It finds its natural and congenial outflow in holy acts and exercises.
Mere natural strength seeks its gratification in natural pleasures and activities, but the strength of Christ leads us to do as Christ would do and to seek involvement in His holy service. The life of Christ in a human body saves it from a thousand temptations to self-indulgence and sin. It not only gives us strength for higher service but also a desire for it, and puts into that service a zest and spring which give it double power.
Lord, help us today to claim Thy life, and then give it for help of others.
Have you found the branch of healing?
Pass it on.
Have you felt the Spirit's sealing?
Pass it on.
'Twas for this His mercy sought you,
And to all His fullness brought you,
By the precious blood that bought you,
Pass it on.
Scripture
To abide in the flesh is more needful for you. And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide—Philippians 1:24-25
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 12 Dec 2010, 1:13 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, December 11, 2010
How often we say we would like to have some strong Christian pray for us. In doing so we feel relieved to think that person is carrying us in his or her faith.
But there is One whose prayers never fail to be fulfilled and who is more willing to pray for us than is any human friend. His one business at God's right hand is to make intercession for His people. When we lay our burdens upon Him and claim His advocacy without doubt or fear, we are simply acknowledging the truth of His own appointment and His own definite promise and provision.
Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us . . . come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need (Hebrews 4:14, 16).
O'er the heavenly altar bending,
Jesus interceding stands,
All our prayers to heaven ascending,
Reach the Father through His hands.
Scripture
I pray not for the world, but for them-John 17:9

Days of Heaven on Earth
Friday, December 10, 2010
According to your faith be it unto you (Matthew 9:29), was Christ's great law of healing and blessing in His earthly ministry. This was what He meant when He said, With what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again (Matthew 7:2). These mighty measures are limited by the measures that we bring. God deals out His heavenly treasures to us in these glorious vessels, but each of us must bring our drinking cup and according to its measure we shall be filled.
But even the measure of our faith may be a divine one. Thank God, the little cup has become enlarged through the grace of Jesus until from its bottom there flows a pipe into the great ocean. And if that connection is kept open we shall find that our cup is as large as the ocean and never can be drained to the bottom. Jesus has said to us, literally, "Have the faith of God , and surely this is a limitless measure.
Let us claim the mighty promise,
Let us light the torches dim;
Let us join the glorious chorus,
Nothing is too hard for Him.
Scripture
According to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed—2 Corinthians 10:13
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 10 Dec 2010, 12:18 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Thursday, December 09, 2010

0ne of the special marks of the Holy Spirit in the apostolic church was the spirit of boldness. One of the very essential qualities of the faith that is to attempt great things for God and expect great things from God is holy audacity. When we are dealing with a supernatural Being and taking from Him things that are humanly impossible, it is easier to take much than little; it is easier to stand in a place of audacious trust than in a place of cautious, timid clinging to the shore. Like wise seamen, let us launch out into the deep and find that all things are possible to him that believeth (Mark 9:23).

Today, let us attempt great things for God; let us take His faith to believe for them and His strength to accomplish them.

The mercy of God is an ocean divine,

A boundless and fathomless flood;

Launch out in the deep, cut away the shoreline,

And be lost in the fullness of God.

Oh, let us launch out in this ocean so broad,

Where the floods of salvation e'er flow;

Oh, let us be lost in the mercy of God,

Till the depths of His fullness we know.

Scripture
Launch out into the deep—Luke 5:4
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 09 Dec 2010, 1:03 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Wednesday, December 08, 2010
Divine healing is simply divine life. It is the headship of Christ over the body. It is the life of Christ within our frame. It is the union of our members with the very body of Christ and the inflowing life of Christ in our living members. it is as real as His risen and glorified body.
Divine healing is as reasonable as the fact that He was raised from the dead and is today a living man with a true body and a rational soul at God's right hand.
That living Christ belongs to us in all His attributes and powers. We are members of His body, His flesh and His bones. And if we can only believe it and receive it, we may live upon the very life of the Son of God.
Lord, help me to know the body . . . for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
There is healing in the promise,
There is healing in the blood,
There is strength for all our weakness
In the risen Son of God.
And the feeblest of His children
All His glorious life may share;
He has healing balm in Gilead,
He's, the Great Physician there.
Scripture
Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there?—Jeremiah 8:22
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 07 Dec 2010, 1:25 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Monday, December 06, 2010
0pposition is essential to a true equilibrium of forces. The centripetal and centrifugal forces acting in opposition to each other keep our planet in her orbit. The one propelling and the other repelling so act and react that instead of earth's being swept off into space in a pathway of desolation and destruction, she pursues her even orbit around her solar center.
So God guides our lives. It is not enough to have an impelling force-we need just as much a repelling force. For this reason, God holds us back by the testing ordeals of life, by the pressure of temptation and trial, by the things that seem to be against us but which really are furthering our way. He establishes our goings.
Let us thank God for both forces. Let us take the weights as well as the wings, and, thus divinely impelled, let us press on with faith and patience in our high and heavenly calling.
Lord, help me to learn from all that comes to me this day Thy highest will.
Scripture
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you—1 Peter 5:6
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 06 Dec 2010, 11:50 am

Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday, December 05, 2010
What is the supreme purpose of our lives? The Israelites were of one heart to make David king. Is this our purpose, to prepare the Bride, to prepare the world, to prepare His way?
Does this objective dwarf and dim all other ambitions, all other cares? Does it fill and satisfy every capacity, every power, every desire? Does it absorb every moment, every energy, every resource? Does it give direction and tone to every plan and work of life? Does it decide for us the education of our children, the investment of our means, the friendships and associations of life, the whole activity, interest and outlook of our beings? Are we in it, spirit, soul and body-all we are, all we do, all we hope for-of one heart to make Jesus King?
We're going forth united
With loyal heart and hand,
To bear His royal banner
Abroad o'er every land.
From every tribe and nation
We'll haste His Bride to bring,
And, oh, with what glad welcome
We'll make our Jesus King.
Scripture
With a perfect heart . . . to make David king—1 Chronicles 12:38
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 05 Dec 2010, 4:06 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, December 04, 2010

Nothing hinders our advance more than the currents in life's stream that bear us in the old direction until habit makes change almost impossible. The remedy for this is to take Christ afresh to be our Alpha and Omega for a deeper, higher, divine experience. Then we must wait even for His conception of our desires and prayers, afraid lest our highest thought should be below His great plan of wisdom and love.

Oh, Comforter gentle and tender,

Oh, holy and heavenly Dove,

We're yielding our hearts in surrender,

We're waiting Thy fullness to prove.

Anoint us with gladness and healing

Baptize us with power from on high;

Oh, come with filling and sealing

While low at Thy footstool we lie.

Scripture
From me is thy fruit found—Hosea 14:8
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 04 Dec 2010, 1:52 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Friday, December 03, 2010
When a Roman soldier was told by his guide that if he insisted on taking a certain journey it would probably be fatal, he answered, "It is necessary for me to go; it is not necessary for me to live. That was depth. When we are convicted like that we shall amount to something.
The shallow nature lives in its impulses, its impressions, its intuitions, its instincts and very largely in its surroundings. The profound character looks beyond all these and moves steadily on, sailing past the storms and clouds into the clear sunshine which is always on the other side. It waits for the afterward that inverts sorrow, seeming defeat and failure. When God has deepened us, then He can give us His deeper truths, His profoundest secrets, His mightier trusts.
Lord, lead me into the depths of Thy life and save me from a shallow experience.
On to broader fields of holy vision;
On to loftier heights of faith and love;
Onward, upward, apprehending wholly
All for which He calls thee from above.
Scripture
For I am now ready to be offered—2 Timothy 4:6
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 02 Dec 2010, 9:05 am

Days of Heaven on Earth
Wednesday, December 01, 2010
Jesus will come into our surrendered lives and unite Himself with us, imparting to us His own life and being. From day to day, He will become the supply of our spiritual needs and the substitute for our helplessness.
Our part is simply to yield fully, recognizing our worthlessness, and then taking Jesus Himself to live in us and be, moment by moment, our strength and purity and victory.
One in His death on the tree,
One as He rose from the dead;
I from the curse am as free
E'en as my glorious Head.
One in His merits I stand,
One as I pray in His name,
All that His worth can demand
I may with confidence claim.
All that He has shall be mine,
All that He is I shall be;
Robed in His glory divine,
I shall be even as He.
Scripture
As he is, so are we in this world—1 John 4:17
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 01 Dec 2010, 12:53 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
When the apostle speaks of the deep things Of God (1 Corinthians 2:10), he means more than deep spiritual truth. There must be something before this. There must be a deep soil and a thorough foundation.
Much of our spiritual teaching fails because the people to whom it is directed are so shallow. Their deeper nature has never been stirred.
The beatitudes begin at the bottom of things-the poor in spirit, the mourners, the hungry hearts. Suffering is essential to profound spiritual life. We need not go to a monastery or a hospital for the leprous to find it. Unless we are born into a different race than Adam's, the first real opportunity for unselfishness will bring into our lives the anguish of crucifixion.
Because men and women have not faced this truth, they know little of suffering and death. We must have deep convictions. Truth must be to us a necessity and principle a part of our very being.
Lord, make me poor in spirit. Help me to be even as Thou wert when on earth-always the lowest and, therefore, highly exalted (Philippians 2:9).
Scripture
In lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves—Philippia ns 2:3
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 29 Nov 2010, 12:33 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday, November 28, 2010
How much can we do for Christ? We are accustomed to say, "As much as I can." Have we ever thought that we can do more than we can?
This thought was lately suggested by the remarks of a Christian friend who told how God had laid it upon her heart to do something for His cause which was beyond her power. When she dared to obey Him, He gave her the assurance of His power and resources. So marvelously did He meet her faith that she was enabled to do more than she could have otherwise. She was able to accomplish her heart's desire and see a work fulfilled to which her resources were unequal.
The apostle says, I can do all things through Christ, which strengtheneth me, and yet He says we are not able to think anything, as of ourselves (2 Corinthians 3:5).
Oh, blessed sufficiency! Oh, blessed All-Sufficiency! Oh blessed nothingness, which brings us all things! Oh, blessed faith, whose rich dowry is, All things are possible to him that believeth!
Oh, to be found of Him in peace,
Spotless and free from blame.
Scripture
Without me ye can do nothing—John 15:5
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 27 Nov 2010, 5:02 pm

Simpson Devotional
Days of Heaven on Earth

The two men who stand worshiping at the gate of Eden represent the two divisions of mankind-believers and unbelievers.
The earthly man has far more beauty, culture and real effort in his religion. He brings the first and best of the rich, ripe produce of summer. Perhaps his altar is in favorable contrast to the rude mound of clay on which Abel offers the ghastly and revolting sacrifice of a bleeding, dying lamb.
Cain's whole offering was a direct denial of what God had said about the curse upon the ground and its fruits, of the fact of sin and the need of an atoning Savior. Abel's sacrifice acknowledged this truth and accepted God's way of pardon.
The first act of faith is to believe what God says about sin-to believe that we are sinners because God says it. Abel did. He took the sinner's place and instantly found the sinner's Savior. Cain would not see his sin and as a result, fell into deeper sin.
The devil tricks us into saying, "I have not sinned." Humble faith accepts God's judgment upon sin and thereby escapes its penalty.
Scripture
And the Lord had respect unto Abel and his offering-Genesis 4:4
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next