World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 30 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyYesterday at 7:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 11:15 pm by Admin

» Jews of Egypt
Recognize The Voice Of God EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 9:46 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Recognize The Voice Of God

2 posters

Go down

Recognize The Voice Of God Empty Re: Recognize The Voice Of God

Post  Admin Wed 19 Nov 2008, 6:15 pm

Recognize The Voice Of God E2wonderfulpost
Thank you Zerich
God bless you
Elaine flower
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Recognize The Voice Of God Empty Recognize The Voice Of God

Post  Zerich Mon 17 Nov 2008, 6:01 pm

"How can we recognize the voice of God?"

This question has been asked by countless people throughout the ages. Samuel heard the voice of God, but didn't recognize it until he was instructed by Eli (1 Samuel 3:1-10). Gideon had a physical revelation from God and he still doubted what he had heard, to the point of asking for a sign, not once, but three times (Judges chapter 6, esp.vs.17-22, 36-40)! When we are listening for God's voice, how can we know that He is the one speaking? First of all, we have something that Gideon and Samuel did not. We have the complete Bible, the inspired word of God, to read, study and meditate on. "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Timothy 3:16-17). Do you have a question about a certain topic or decision in your life? See what the Bible has to say about it. God will never lead you or direct you contrary to what He has taught or promised in His Word (Titus 1:2).

Secondly, to hear God's voice we must recognize it. Jesus said, "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me" (John 10:27). I can personally relate to this verse, except the animals involved are cattle. My father-in-law owns a small ranch. Whenever we go out to visit, I can count on, at least once a day, driving out with him to check on the herd. My father-in-law can step out of the truck, call a few gentle words, and soon the pickup is surrounded by cows, eagerly awaiting a mouthful of hay. But if I so much as open the door on my side of the truck, there will be cattle scattered from one end of the pasture to the other. So what's the difference? The cattle are with my father-in-law at least once, and sometimes two or three times, a day. Because of their daily encounter with the one that feeds and cares for them, the cows are comfortable with him, and they can immediately recognize a stranger among them. If we are to know God's voice, we must spend time with Him daily.

Be sure that you are spending quality time daily in prayer, Bible study, and quiet contemplation of His Word. The more time you spend intimately with God and His Word the easier it will be to recognize His voice and His leading in your life. Employees at a bank are trained to recognize counterfeits by studying genuine money so closely, that it is easy to spot a fake. We are to be so familiar with God’s Word, which He has spoken, that when God does speak to us or lead us, it is clear that it is God. God speaks to us so that we may understand truth. While God can and does speak audibly to people, He speaks primarily through His Word; but sometimes also through the Holy Spirit to our consciences, through circumstances, and through other people. By applying what we hear to the truth of Scripture, we can learn to recognize His voice.

Zerich

Back to top Go down