World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 61 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 61 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
papa_de_q EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
papa_de_q EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
papa_de_q EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
papa_de_q EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
papa_de_q EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
papa_de_q EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
papa_de_q EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
papa_de_q EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
papa_de_q EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
papa_de_q EmptyYesterday at 7:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
papa_de_q EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
papa_de_q EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
papa_de_q EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
papa_de_q EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
papa_de_q EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
papa_de_q EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
papa_de_q EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
papa_de_q EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
papa_de_q EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 11:15 pm by Admin

» Jews of Egypt
papa_de_q EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 9:46 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

papa_de_q

Go down

papa_de_q Empty papa_de_q

Post  Admin Sun 05 Jun 2011, 11:39 am

Greetings Gang!!!
CHECK TO SEE IF YOU HAVE YOUR PAGE SET TO SPECIAL NOTICE AS THIS WILL BE THE LAST NEWSLETTER SENT SPECIAL NOTICE.
Along with today's Herb-Of-the-Week, I am inviting all of you to check out Website of the Week. I think you might like it. It's also published by yours truly. WEBSITE-OF-THE-WEEK will hopefully and ideally turn you on to a new and interesting website each and every week, ranging from the informative to the interesting to just amusing and/or entertaining.
There will be times when we preview a website that you already know about. Those members will get a kick out of it. Bear in mind that many that you never heard tell of are known by other members.
Anyway here's the link. Enjoy:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Website-Of-The-Week/join
So without further adieu, let's get on with the Newsletter:

THIS WEEK - PYSCHOLOGICAL WOES
Greetings Gang!!!
FIRST I pray that God blesses me to provide accurate and timely information and that He blesses each and every one of us (Nothing has changed with my requests for a blessing upon you!!) I pray that God blesses you spiritually in such a way where a physical blessing is a direct manifestation AND blesses you physically/materially in such a way where a spiritual blessing is the end result.
More importantly, I pray that God blesses us all in such a way, whereby His name is glorified. Where the Source of the blessings is as plain as the nose on our faces. More pertinent to mental and/or psychological afflictions:
Psalm 147:3
He healeth the BROKEN IN HEART, and bindeth up their wounds.
Al Green sang"How Can You Mend A Broken Heart".
Blind Melon sang, "No Rain".
Mick Jagger could get no "Satisfaction".
Bobbie Blue Bland called it "Stormy Monday… but Tuesday's just as bad.
The broken in heart is something that modern medicine has failed miserably at BUT… not to say they don't try with Zoloft, Prozac and a host of many other mood altering, serotonin reuptake inhibitors, MAO inhibitors etc.
There are a host of drugs being prescribed for every conceivable psychological affliction (real or imagined) based upon an unproven theory that psychological problems are because of an imbalance of serotonin and dopamine in your brain. Although there are many prescription drugs that actually do lower the blood pressure, reduce blood sugar levels – in measurable ways – many prominent mental health experts believe a lot of research has shown that psychotropic drugs do NOTHING measurable or quantifiable. The fact is, modern psychiatry STILL doesn't understand what causes mental illness. Psychotropic drugs are a real live version of the Emperor's New Clothes!!!!! Of course, the Emperor had on no clothes, but nobody would speak out for fear of being thought of as simple and common. We like to think of ourselves as knowledgeable, medically savvy and of course up on all the latest things and theories. Same as The Emperor when it came to clothes.
The chemical imbalance "theory" is no more than a marketing ploy to support the use of expensive and toxic antidepressants. Yet the band plays on. There is money to be made!! They resort to complex concoctions of all kinds of chemical therapy – with us allowing our BRAIN to be used as a guinea pigs brain.
It has been said, (I've heard it said) that the reason we now have a pill for everything is that once upon a time psychiatrists were not considered real doctors. So they (the shrinks) had to make what they do seem more scientific and they became almost obsessed with prescribing drugs. And – no big surprise - mental "illness" has skyrocketed. You can have Low Impulse Control, Attention Deficit Disorder, Oppositional Defiant Disorder (if a child argues with his parents). I personally, have the "remedy" for that one!!! Another fact is the fact that psychiatric drugs create more serious forms of mental illness... now there's a surprise!
But as they say, there is nothing new under the sun. Insane asylums in the 1800's used opium. Sigmund Freud wrote articles promoting the use of cocaine for spiritual distress and behavioral difficulties.
BUT….. Clearly there is a such thing as a breaking point. What if you really do have issues?
Thankfully, there are dietary changes and herbs that are much safer. Dietary changes that research has shown them to be possibly more beneficial and more effective than the next creation of the pharmaceutical companies. Also there is a small, but growing, group of doctors who question whether every emotional strain a sign of mental illness. Many experts are coming to realize that joy and pain are as natural as sunshine and rain. Some doctors have found that antidepressant create a dependency of sorts. You get depressed more easily than you normally would if you don't have them!! Maybe there is a healthy lesson to be learned in overcoming. Perhaps.
I have to stop right here and state that I am NOT a doctor or a psychiatrist. I merely share information I have gleaned from research.
If I sold cars I would say – "buy a red sports car – that'll fix you up!"
If I sold drugs I would say – "take this – that'll fix you up!"
If I really cared about you and were not trying to profit from your illness I would tell you about some SIMPLE dietary changes, herbs and nutritional supplements that would go a long ways towards refreshing, revitalizing, rejuvenating, restoring our mental faculties. And would you believe it – even some herbs that are believed to go a long way towards a happy end.
Three of these things are always included at the very end of all of the HOTW NewsLetters!!
They are:
EXCERCISE – If you have depression, or even if you just feel down from time to time, exercise is a MUST. It has been shown that physical exercise is at least AS GOOD as antidepressants. It increases level of endorphins, the "happy" hormones, in your brain.
HANDLING STRESS - Depression thought by some experts to not be a "disease" per se. Rather, it's a sign that you are not "handlin' your business" well. Your mind and body or out of sync. Also it is thought that ongoing stress uses up your natural sedatives, stimulants, and pain relievers.
DIET – Everything … every substance … we ingest has a huge impact on your mood. Indeed everything we eat has a combination medicinal and/or toxic properties. The things we eat should be more medicinal than toxic.
Dr Andrew McCulloch, chief executive of the Mental Health Foundation, said: "We are well aware of the effect of diet upon our physical health… Dr Andrew McCulloch, chief executive of the Mental Health Foundation, said: "We are well aware of the effect of diet upon our physical health…. But we are only just beginning to understand how the brain as an organ is influenced by the nutrients it derives from the foods we eat and how diets have an impact on our mental health."
Note that the same food, herb or supplement will do different things to different people so find out which foods and/or herbs. For instance peanut butter is disastrous for some people.
Eat what works for you in the form of getting plenty of EFA's (Essential Fatty Acids). Omega 3 fatty acids (fish oil). This is why fish is known as the brain food. But omega 3 fatty acids can be obtained from some plants – mainly flaxseed oil. Depression has been linked to low intakes of fish - high in omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for good brain health. Surprisingly the fish with the most omega-3 fatty acids are the fish that we think of as canned fish. Tuna, mackerel and salmon contain more than any other fish.
However, FLAXSEED OIL has even higher concentrations than fish oil. Since flaxseed oil requires lignan in order to be properly digested, flaxseed oil with added lignan may be purchased at health food stores. Whole flaxseeds contain massive amounts of lignan. The omega-3 fatty acid found in flaxseed oil is very beneficial for Attention Deficit Disorder, Hyperactivity, depression. Our bodies convert flaxseed oil to choline which improves brain and memory function. Flaxseed oil has been used to successfully treat manic-depression. Flaxseed and Gingko Biloba together do wonders for the memory. Flaxseed oil is very good for the liver and the liver controls your mood primarily because it reduces the amount of toxins in your system.
Keep in mind that while fish oils also contain omega-3 fatty acids it also usually contains heavy metals such as mercury and the like.
But flaxseed contains much more omega-3. AND flaxseed does not contain the contaminants such as mercury and other heavy metals that are found in fish. And them with the economy being what it is, flaxseed oil supplements are cheaper than fish oil supplements.
Alzheimer's disease - Some studies have suggested high vegetable consumption can protect against the brain disorder. ADHD - Research shown children with disorder are low in iron and fatty acids
Believe me, the list goes on. Researchers and scientists are only just beginning to scratch the surface of the endless nutritional benefits of essential oils.
I wanted to elaborate on artificial colorings and flavorings. But the more I think about it, just follow the Golden rule. If you cannot
pronounce the names of the ingredients, then it is probably not a good idea to be eating it. Just a bunch of chemicals that only God
knows what the accumulative effect of them are.
A few years ago, in an widely observed experiment conducted by the New York City public school system over a four year period, they decreased the amount of sugar, artificial colorings, synthetic flavorings and two commonly used preservatives used in the school lunch programs of 803 schools. A dramatic 15.7% increase in academic performance was noted compared to previous years where a 1% decrease or increase was noted.
15.7% is a very significant increase especially when you consider this was ONLY ONE MEAL per day!! What if it were cut out of their entire daily diet completely, totally and consistently? This experiment drove home a remarkable truth. The mental damage that results from food additives is common knowledge amongst people that study such things.
Foods like refined sugars and flours (white sugar and white flour) and overdoing alcohol or drugs (including SURPRISE… some medicines), can mess up your brain's natural pleasure chemicals.
But more than anything else I have said, just follow the Golden Rule of healthy eating. If you cannot pronounce the names of the
ingredients, then it is probably not a good idea to be eating it.
The long and short of it:
If you are eating irresponsibly…or worse yet, feeding your kids a bunch of refined and processed food (meaning you did not prepare it but it came in a box or a can), you are asking for problems…begging for them … both mental and physical.
There are a couple 2 or 3 herbs with less harmful side effects than prescription drugs that help with the nerves if you need extra help.
Skullcap
Usually combined with valerian. Good for nerves, relaxation and sleepin. It may lower blood pressure and help emotional disturbances.
Valerian
Nerve tonic for stress or emotional pain or chronic sleeplessness or insomnia. Valerian should be steeped for 24 hours in COLD water before use. 2 Tablespoons per meal. Use only until the crisis is over.
Kava Kava
Tranquilizing and sedative effect. For insomnia and nerves. Reduces anxiety and panic attacks.
Gotu Kola
Helps with dementia, mental fatigue, poor vitality and senility. Tests show that it is a brain food that can be taken a few hours before a major exam.
Ginko Biloba
Good for adding more oxygen to the blood circulation. Good for altitude sickness. Also supposedly good for clearer thinking and weakness of hearing and vision, senility and dizziness, if the cause is poor circulation. Reduces pain caused by inflamed arteries. Helps with premature memory loss because of increased oxygen flow
Lavender Oil
Put oil in bathwater for relaxation. Uplifting, calming and strengthens the nerves.
Hops
Fill pillow with hops to bring on sleep, relieve ear or tooth ache, sedative. Tea made with hops is a mild sedative. Decreases desire for alcohol.
St. John's Wort
Also widely considered to be a "herbal Prozac" - effective at easing mild depression. The keyword is mild. FYI…. it is also an immunity booster, indicated for HIV or other retroviral infections. Researchers form NYU medical centre and the Weizmann Institute of science in Israel have shown that two compounds from (St. Johns Wort) inhibit a variety of retroviruses.
Lobelia
Indian tobacco. Reduces urge/craving for nicotine. Supposedly good for asthma and lungs.
SUNSHINE – Even though we need plenty of sunshine there is something seriously going awry with the amount of radiation that is making it from the sun to the earth because of the immense holes in the ozone layer of our polluted atmosphere. Think skin cancer. So whaddya' gonna do? Our bodies need sunlight to manufacture adequate amounts of vitamin D. You have to have vitamin D. Amongst it's many healthful benefits, It prevents SAD (Seasonal Affect Disorder – getting depressed when you haven't seen the sun in a while). Cod Liver Oil contains high concentrations of vitamin D. Or one can take Vitamin D supplements which sometimes can be from questionable sources. Nevertheless, research has shown that people with inadequate levels of vitamin D were many times more prone to depression ed than those who had normal levels.
FINALLY:
This is directed only towards the Believers out there. When thinking about mental health, remember:
Matthew 4:24 (21st Century King James Version)
And His (Jesus') fame went throughout all Syria. And they brought unto Him all sick people who were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those who were possessed with devils, AND THOSE WHO WERE LUNATIC, and those who had the palsy; and He healed them.
But why take my word for it? IT'S YOUR HEALTH. You can research anything mentioned on this site yourself. Some good search engines are www.mamma.com and www.dogpile.com as well as Google. Enter one or more keywords to do your own research. I like to use "benefits of WHATEVER".
Until next time remember, most illness (upwards of 80% according to experts) can be attributed to FOUR important factors that can weaken your immune system and your ability to fight off disease. In this order:
1. INADEQUATE REST - Research continues to prove, that no two ways
about it, good quality sleep has proven to be the single-most
important factor in determining or influencing your health.
2. INABILITY TO DEAL WITH STRESS - If you run around all day like a
chicken with it's head cut off, it will increase your chances of
getting ill and will aggravate, tremendously, any illness that you
already have, no matter what it is. Anxiety, depression, anger, guilt
or also STRESS factors. LEARN TO FORGIVE AND LET GO.
3. INADEQUATE OR IMPROPER NUTRITIONAL HABITS. There are a lot of
practicing vegetarians lately and some load up on the white sugar,
white flour, starches, processed and refined foods. Many whole
foods/alternative medicine type practitioners believe we should be
eating at least 5 times as many fruits and vegetables as meats. Most
experts agree that most diets are seriously deficient in the amounts
of fruits and vegetables that we should be eating to remain healthy.
4. INADEQUATE EXERCISE - A sedentary lifestyle that does not include
enough exercise will catch up with you. FIND SOME KIND OF PHYSICALLY
ENGAGING ACTIVITY EVEN IF IT'S ONLY WALKING!
LEGAL DISCLAIMER - Required by the FDA. The statements on this page have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and these statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

papa_de_q Empty Re: papa_de_q

Post  Admin Mon 13 Jun 2011, 11:56 am

Greetings Friends:

FIRST I pray that God blesses me to provide accurate and timely information and that He blesses each and every one of us (Nothing has changed with my requests for a blessing upon you!!) I pray that God blesses you spiritually in such a way where a physical blessing is a direct manifestation AND blesses you physically/materially in such a way where a spiritual blessing is the end result. More importantly, I pray that God blesses us all in such a way, where He leaves no doubt as to the Source of the blessings.

So without further adieu, let's get on with the Newsletter: This Week – Manuka Honey

Let's talk about regular plain old honey for a minute. FIRST …. Something to consider is that honey is the only food that will NOT SPOIL even after thousands of years. They have found edible jars of it in the pyramids!! What a marvelous natural preservative! Many of you have no doubt heard that honey is an antibiotic. When applied topically (externally or on the skin) it will draw poisons/toxins from boils and cysts and pus-filled infections.

Here is my best non-scientific explanation:

Bees make honey by taking in nectar and somehow removing all the water from it and then regurgitating it as honey. Honey is sorta' like condensed nectar or nectar concentrate. A kind of waterless nectar. According to the high school chemistry I remember, water always seeks equilibrium – wants to be equally distributed throughout a substance. So when it comes into contact with a substance (like flesh), it will try to re-absorb the water back into the nectar. This is a good thing if said substance happens to be pus and nasty runny stuff like that! The honey will "draw" it out.

Honey was used in ancient times to dress wounds. Now we know that this is because when honey is applied to an open wound it converts to HYDROGEN PEROXIDE. Imagine that!! A more scientific rendition of what I just said is… "… honey contains a natural occurring enzyme which produces hydrogen peroxide, a known antiseptic with proven antibacterial properties…." . Scientist think that the bees may add this enzyme but however it got there, this enzyme called glucose oxidase, preserves the honey. When honey comes into contact with body fluids, the glucose oxidase enzyme slowly releases the antibacterial hydrogen peroxide. The levels of hydrogen peroxide released are not high enough to damage tissue but sufficient enough to affect bacteria. Now that's just awesome.

Honey is one of the oldest medicines. Its use is recorded in Sumerian clay tablets estimated to be 4,000 years old, and in Egyptian papyri
dated from 1900to 1250 B.C. Hippocrates (460-357 B.C.) used many of
the Egyptian prescriptions. He found that honey "cleans sores and
ulcers of the lips,heals carbuncles and running sores."

Honey has continued to be used in medicine ever since, but little was known about how it worked. It was not until the mid-1940's that more
intensive laboratory studies were carried out, but by this time
antibiotics were becoming available for the treatment of infections,
and honey was displaced from use in medicine even though there are
several reports in medical journals in the 1930's of honey being
effective in clearing wounds of bacterial infection. Honey was
simply not recognized. I can only conclude that drugs are much more profitable. But forget about pasteurized, grocery store honey. The processing and exposure of honey to light and high temperatures (i.e. as used in pasteurization) will decrease its antibacterial activity. USE RAW, UNPROCESSED HONEY FROM A HEALTH FOOD STORE.

Despite the advent of antibiotics, honey has continued to be used in folk medicine. There have been numerous reports in medical journals
of this folk remedy being used as a last resort on infected wounds,
burns and ulcers that were not responding to antibiotic treatment.
The remedy was in all cases found to be remarkably effective. In
1989, an editorial in the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine expressed the opinion that "the time has now come for conventional
medicine to lift the blinds off this traditional remedy and
to give it its due recognition." Besides that, MANY people will continue to go out and buy antibiotic type stuff even though the result is that now there are new strains of antibiotic resistant drugs. In today's world with growing concern over antibiotic resistant staph and bacteria, scientists are taking another look at honey and its extraordinary qualities, being specifically interested in Manuka Honey .

What is Manuka Honey?
Manuka Honey from New Zealand contains additional antibacterial properties not found in other types of honey, making it even more effective in treating infection. Found only in New Zealand, Manuka Honey is a 100% natural, raw, unpasteurized food with proven results in antibacterial, antiseptic and ANTIVIRAL activity.
Manuka Honey is produced by bees that gather the nectar from the flowers of Manuka Tree. Studies on the Manuka Honey benefits have shown that Manuka Honey, a special type of mono-floral honey contains an ingredient with powerful antibacterial, anti microbial, antiviral, antioxidant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti fungal properties. This ingredient was originally named UMF®.

What is UMF® ?
One of the first scientists to study the benefits of Manuka Honey is Associate Professor in Biochemistry, Peter Molan from the University of Waikato in Hamilton, New Zealand. He began to research the Manuka Honey benefits since 1981 when he discovered that some samples of Manuka Honey contain a non-peroxide component. Tests conducted proved that after adding a catalyst to the samples of Manuka Honey in order to remove the hydrogen peroxide, some samples still had a significant antibacterial activity. Dr. Peter Molan named this non-peroxide element UMF®, Unique Manuka Factor.
He proved that not all Manuka Honey has UMF® and that not all levels of UMF® have antibacterial, antiviral or antiseptic benefits. The most powerful antibacterial levels start at a UMF® level of 16+ up to 24+. The higher the UMF® level, the higher the health benefits of Manuka Honey.

Dr. Molan's researches proved that Manuka Honey is a powerful bacteria killer. Even when diluted 10 times it still maintains its antibacterial activity. Therefore, it can be liquefied by adding water to it in order for it to be used in areas where pure Manuka Honey is impractical. For example, if a teaspoon of Manuka Honey is stirred into a cup of lukewarm water until completely dissolved, it can then be dropped into the eyes using a dropper in order to treat eye infections. This same procedure can be used for ear infections. A few drops of a water/Manuka honey solution has enough antibacterial properties to heal eye or ear infections very quickly and efficiently. For sinus infections, it is recommended to use the same type of water/Manuka honey solution to flush the nasal passageway.
He recommends Manuka Honey especially for people with weak immune systems.

Manuka Honey from New Zealand has been found in randomized controlled clinical trials to significantly reduce the presence of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in wounds.
MRSA is resistant to such common antibiotics as methicillin, amoxicillin, penicillin, and oxacillin, and is quick to adapt to new ones. Historically, MRSA has been most common among people with weak immune systems, living in either hospitals or long-term care centers. However, it has been increasingly present in healthy individuals, giving rise to community-acquired MRSA.

To date, there have been NO REPORTS OF ANY INFECTIOUS BACTERIA BEING ABLE TO DEVELOP A RESISTANCE TO MANUKA HONEY as with pharmaceutical antibiotics. These reports are encouraging and may breath life to new generations of advanced wound care.

WARNING: ACTIVE MANUKA HONEY IS JUST TABLE HONEY AND IS NOT THE SAME THING AS HONEY LABELED WITH UMF OR MGO. Manuka Honey with a UMF rating less than 10 is inactive and should not be used for medicinal purposes. Manuka Honey that is more potent than UMF 16 (i.e. UMF 20, 25, 30) is too potent. There have been reports of individuals experiencing sensitivity to Manuka honey that is overly potent.
Rule of thumb: a Manuka Honey label must contain the words active umf(mgo) manuka honey followed by a number. If the indication is only active, you are not purchasing the Manuka Honey with significant amounts of Methylglyoxal beneficial to naturally healing several affections.

Here are some of the affections that MGO™Manuka Honey has been known to have a great impact :

Manuka Honey is stable so there is no concern about it losing its healing properties in storage. Manuka Honey provides a more potent antibacterial action, diffusing into the depth of infected tissues, more so than the hydrogen peroxide from other types of honey.

Unique Characteristics of Manuka Honey (courtesy of http://www.manukahoneyinfo.com/)

1. Only Manuka Honey provides non-hydrogen peroxide antibacterial components.

2. Manuka Honey's antibacterial factor is unaffected by enzymes in the body that destroy hydrogen peroxide components.

3. Manuka Honey is highly effective against antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria.

4. Manuka Honey maintains its potency even when diluted over 50 times as will happen when used on the body.

5. Manuka Honey is unaffected by heat, light or aging.

6. Manuka Honey does not require moisture or oxygen to be effective.

7. Manuka Honey diffuses deep into skin tissue, making it possible to get to effected areas.

Manuka totally destroys Helicobacter pylori,the organism responsible for upper gastrointestinal dyspepsia of stomach ulcers. Manuka honey successfully inhibits the growth of this "germ". AND….

Sore Throat, Gum Disease, Acid Reflux Disease, Aches and Pains, Arthritis, Heartburn, Diarrhea, Constipation, Athlete's Foot, Ring Worm, Insect Bites, Acne and Rosacea, Eczema and Dermatitis, Rashes, MRS/ Staph Infections, Chronic Wounds, Pressure Sores, Surgical Wounds, Psoriasis, Cold Sores, Candida Albicans, Burns, Nail Fungus, Skin Ulcers etc.

ALMOST ANYTHING THAT WOULD NORMALLY REQUIRE THE USE OF AN ANTIBIOTIC. Besides that, remember that Manuka Honey is anti-VIRAL and antibiotics do not kill viruses.

AGAIN: Use raw unprocessed honey from a health store. When seeking the health benefits of Manuka Honey, one must pay great attention at the variety of products available on the Market.
This is a very useful link that'll show other illnesses Manuka Honey might be beneficial for and how exactly to use it - http://www.manukahoneycures.com/

I am long winded… even when writing… so not to bore you I will bring this to an end by giving you two personal testimonies.

Testimony #1
Once my youngest daughter cut her hand on a knife washing dishes. I cleaned the gash (bigger than a mere cut) and just for added measure I washed it with hydrogen peroxide (even though I know honey is supposed to contain an enzyme that converts to peroxide on contact with bodily fluids). When it was nice and clean I dressed it with pure, unpasteurized, unfiltered, unrefined honey from the herb store Each day I removed the gauze, cleaned the cut and applied more honey before wrapping it back up. After it healed, it left a faint, barely visible scar – from a wound that surely would've required stitches.

Testimony #2
In 2003, I moved from Minneapolis to Houston and soon after developed a sinus infection. The doctors at the VA hospital gave me an antibiotic and it seemed to be working but not before the prescription ran out. I know that antibiotics are not affective with viral infections, but I took them anyway like we sometimes do. It was almost going away. But not quite before my prescription ran out. The next time they gave me bactrim which is supposed to be a pretty powerful antibiotic. The sinusitis persisted. My sinuses were clogged up and I took all kinds of over the counter stuff and a whole lot of ibuprofen because the pain was ongoing and relentless. Next they talked about enlarging the sinus cavities in my skull. But I was not to keen on having face surgery. And I didn't. Finally I got a 16 oz bottle of bottled water - the one with the little nozzle on top to open and close it. I poured out all the water, filled it half way up with warm (microwaved) distilled water and stirred about 3-4 tablespoons of raw (unpasteurized and unrefined) honey in it . I snorted it all up in my nose till it ran out my mouth and then… I snorted more. It might've been more honey than 3-4 tablespoons but it was entirely diluted in the water. I thought about rinsing with clear water and then I thought … honey is antibiotic – leave it. I went to work. Along about lunch hour I had an tremendous nosebleed and ran to the men's room and harked up a huge green, yellow and bloody ball of "yuck" that had a God awful smell to it. My guess is that it was BEHIND my nasal passage and clogging up my sinuses! I stopped the nosebleed and never had a sinus problem again.

Many times use myself as a guinea pig so that I can share it with others. I know that ultimately God is our healer anyway. The herbs are just spit and mud. For effect.

John 9:6-7 Amplified Bible (AMP)
6 When He had said this, He spat on the ground and made clay (mud) with His saliva, and He spread it [as ointment] on the man's eyes. 7 And He said to him, Go, wash in the Pool of Siloam--which means Sent. So he went and washed, and came back seeing.
Jesus didn't need any spit and mud. I think He was just nice enough to use a visual aid!!

This was way a lot of information and I had so much more to say, but we all must be going… places to go… people to see.

But why take my word for any of it? IT'S YOUR HEALTH. You can research anything mentioned on this site yourself. Some good search engines are www.mamma.com and www.dogpile.com as well as Google. Enter one or more keywords to do your own research. I like to use "benefits of WHATEVER".

Until next time remember, most illness (upwards of 80% according to experts) can be attributed to FOUR important factors that can weaken your immune system and your ability to fight off disease. In this order:

1. INADEQUATE REST - Research continues to prove that good quality sleep has proven to be the single-most important factor in determining or influencing your health.

2. INABILITY TO DEAL WITH STRESS - If you run around all day like a chicken with it's head cut off, it will increase your chances of getting ill and will aggravate, tremendously, any illness that you already have, no matter what it is. Anxiety, depression, anger, guilt are also STRESS factors. LEARN TO FORGIVE AND LET GO.

3. INADEQUATE OR IMPROPER NUTRITIONAL HABITS. Many people load up on the white sugar, white flour, starches, processed and refined foods. Many holistic doctors as well as traditional doctors believe we should be eating at least 5 times as many fruits and vegetables as meats. Most experts agree that most diets are seriously deficient in the amounts of fruits and vegetables that we should be eating to remain healthy.

4. INADEQUATE EXERCISE - A sedentary lifestyle that does not include enough exercise will catch up with you. FIND SOME KIND OF PHYSICALLY ENGAGING ACTIVITY EVEN IF IT'S ONLY WALKING!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - Required by the FDA. The statements on this page have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and these statements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 14 Jun 2011, 2:04 pm

Greetings Friends:

FIRST I pray that God blesses me to provide accurate and timely information and that He blesses each and every one of us (Nothing has changed with my requests for a blessing upon you!!) I pray that God blesses you spiritually in such a way where a physical blessing is a direct manifestation AND blesses you physically/material ly in such a way where a spiritual blessing is the end result. More importantly, I pray that God blesses us all in such a way, where He leaves no doubt as to the Source of the blessings.

So without further adieu, let's get on with the Newsletter: This Week – Manuka Honey

Let's talk about regular plain old honey for a minute. FIRST …. Something to consider is that honey is the only food that will NOT SPOIL even after thousands of years. They have found edible jars of it in the pyramids!! What a marvelous natural preservative! Many of you have no doubt heard that honey is an antibiotic. When applied topically (externally or on the skin) it will draw poisons/toxins from boils and cysts and pus-filled infections.

Here is my best non-scientific explanation:

Bees make honey by taking in nectar and somehow removing all the water from it and then regurgitating it as honey. Honey is sorta' like condensed nectar or nectar concentrate. A kind of waterless nectar. According to the high school chemistry I remember, water always seeks equilibrium – wants to be equally distributed throughout a substance. So when it comes into contact with a substance (like flesh), it will try to re-absorb the water back into the nectar. This is a good thing if said substance happens to be pus and nasty runny stuff like that! The honey will "draw" it out.

Honey was used in ancient times to dress wounds. Now we know that this is because when honey is applied to an open wound it converts to HYDROGEN PEROXIDE. Imagine that!! A more scientific rendition of what I just said is… "… honey contains a natural occurring enzyme which produces hydrogen peroxide, a known antiseptic with proven antibacterial properties…." . Scientist think that the bees may add this enzyme but however it got there, this enzyme called glucose oxidase, preserves the honey. When honey comes into contact with body fluids, the glucose oxidase enzyme slowly releases the antibacterial hydrogen peroxide. The levels of hydrogen peroxide released are not high enough to damage tissue but sufficient enough to affect bacteria. Now that's just awesome.

Honey is one of the oldest medicines. Its use is recorded in Sumerian clay tablets estimated to be 4,000 years old, and in Egyptian papyri
dated from 1900to 1250 B.C. Hippocrates (460-357 B.C.) used many of
the Egyptian prescriptions. He found that honey "cleans sores and
ulcers of the lips,heals carbuncles and running sores."

Honey has continued to be used in medicine ever since, but little was known about how it worked. It was not until the mid-1940's that more
intensive laboratory studies were carried out, but by this time
antibiotics were becoming available for the treatment of infections,
and honey was displaced from use in medicine even though there are
several reports in medical journals in the 1930's of honey being
effective in clearing wounds of bacterial infection. Honey was
simply not recognized. I can only conclude that drugs are much more profitable. But forget about pasteurized, grocery store honey. The processing and exposure of honey to light and high temperatures (i.e. as used in pasteurization) will decrease its antibacterial activity. USE RAW, UNPROCESSED HONEY FROM A HEALTH FOOD STORE.

Despite the advent of antibiotics, honey has continued to be used in folk medicine. There have been numerous reports in medical journals
of this folk remedy being used as a last resort on infected wounds,
burns and ulcers that were not responding to antibiotic treatment.
The remedy was in all cases found to be remarkably effective. In
1989, an editorial in the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine expressed the opinion that "the time has now come for conventional
medicine to lift the blinds off this traditional remedy and
to give it its due recognition. " Besides that, MANY people will continue to go out and buy antibiotic type stuff even though the result is that now there are new strains of antibiotic resistant drugs. In today's world with growing concern over antibiotic resistant staph and bacteria, scientists are taking another look at honey and its extraordinary qualities, being specifically interested in Manuka Honey .

What is Manuka Honey?
Manuka Honey from New Zealand contains additional antibacterial properties not found in other types of honey, making it even more effective in treating infection. Found only in New Zealand, Manuka Honey is a 100% natural, raw, unpasteurized food with proven results in antibacterial, antiseptic and ANTIVIRAL activity.
Manuka Honey is produced by bees that gather the nectar from the flowers of Manuka Tree. Studies on the Manuka Honey benefits have shown that Manuka Honey, a special type of mono-floral honey contains an ingredient with powerful antibacterial, anti microbial, antiviral, antioxidant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti fungal properties. This ingredient was originally named UMF®.

What is UMF® ?
One of the first scientists to study the benefits of Manuka Honey is Associate Professor in Biochemistry, Peter Molan from the University of Waikato in Hamilton, New Zealand. He began to research the Manuka Honey benefits since 1981 when he discovered that some samples of Manuka Honey contain a non-peroxide component. Tests conducted proved that after adding a catalyst to the samples of Manuka Honey in order to remove the hydrogen peroxide, some samples still had a significant antibacterial activity. Dr. Peter Molan named this non-peroxide element UMF®, Unique Manuka Factor.
He proved that not all Manuka Honey has UMF® and that not all levels of UMF® have antibacterial, antiviral or antiseptic benefits. The most powerful antibacterial levels start at a UMF® level of 16+ up to 24+. The higher the UMF® level, the higher the health benefits of Manuka Honey.

Dr. Molan's researches proved that Manuka Honey is a powerful bacteria killer. Even when diluted 10 times it still maintains its antibacterial activity. Therefore, it can be liquefied by adding water to it in order for it to be used in areas where pure Manuka Honey is impractical. For example, if a teaspoon of Manuka Honey is stirred into a cup of lukewarm water until completely dissolved, it can then be dropped into the eyes using a dropper in order to treat eye infections. This same procedure can be used for ear infections. A few drops of a water/Manuka honey solution has enough antibacterial properties to heal eye or ear infections very quickly and efficiently. For sinus infections, it is recommended to use the same type of water/Manuka honey solution to flush the nasal passageway.
He recommends Manuka Honey especially for people with weak immune systems.

Manuka Honey from New Zealand has been found in randomized controlled clinical trials to significantly reduce the presence of methicillin- resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in wounds.
MRSA is resistant to such common antibiotics as methicillin, amoxicillin, penicillin, and oxacillin, and is quick to adapt to new ones. Historically, MRSA has been most common among people with weak immune systems, living in either hospitals or long-term care centers. However, it has been increasingly present in healthy individuals, giving rise to community-acquired MRSA.

To date, there have been NO REPORTS OF ANY INFECTIOUS BACTERIA BEING ABLE TO DEVELOP A RESISTANCE TO MANUKA HONEY as with pharmaceutical antibiotics. These reports are encouraging and may breath life to new generations of advanced wound care.

WARNING: ACTIVE MANUKA HONEY IS JUST TABLE HONEY AND IS NOT THE SAME THING AS HONEY LABELED WITH UMF OR MGO. Manuka Honey with a UMF rating less than 10 is inactive and should not be used for medicinal purposes. Manuka Honey that is more potent than UMF 16 (i.e. UMF 20, 25, 30) is too potent. There have been reports of individuals experiencing sensitivity to Manuka honey that is overly potent.
Rule of thumb: a Manuka Honey label must contain the words active umf(mgo) manuka honey followed by a number. If the indication is only active, you are not purchasing the Manuka Honey with significant amounts of Methylglyoxal beneficial to naturally healing several affections.

Here are some of the affections that MGO™Manuka Honey has been known to have a great impact :

Manuka Honey is stable so there is no concern about it losing its healing properties in storage. Manuka Honey provides a more potent antibacterial action, diffusing into the depth of infected tissues, more so than the hydrogen peroxide from other types of honey.

Unique Characteristics of Manuka Honey (courtesy of http://www.manukaho neyinfo.com/)

1. Only Manuka Honey provides non-hydrogen peroxide antibacterial components.

2. Manuka Honey's antibacterial factor is unaffected by enzymes in the body that destroy hydrogen peroxide components.

3. Manuka Honey is highly effective against antibiotic-resistan t strains of bacteria.

4. Manuka Honey maintains its potency even when diluted over 50 times as will happen when used on the body.

5. Manuka Honey is unaffected by heat, light or aging.

6. Manuka Honey does not require moisture or oxygen to be effective.

7. Manuka Honey diffuses deep into skin tissue, making it possible to get to effected areas.

Manuka totally destroys Helicobacter pylori,the organism responsible for upper gastrointestinal dyspepsia of stomach ulcers. Manuka honey successfully inhibits the growth of this "germ". AND….

Sore Throat, Gum Disease, Acid Reflux Disease, Aches and Pains, Arthritis, Heartburn, Diarrhea, Constipation, Athlete's Foot, Ring Worm, Insect Bites, Acne and Rosacea, Eczema and Dermatitis, Rashes, MRS/ Staph Infections, Chronic Wounds, Pressure Sores, Surgical Wounds, Psoriasis, Cold Sores, Candida Albicans, Burns, Nail Fungus, Skin Ulcers etc.

ALMOST ANYTHING THAT WOULD NORMALLY REQUIRE THE USE OF AN ANTIBIOTIC. Besides that, remember that Manuka Honey is anti-VIRAL and antibiotics do not kill viruses.

AGAIN: Use raw unprocessed honey from a health store. When seeking the health benefits of Manuka Honey, one must pay great attention at the variety of products available on the Market.
This is a very useful link that'll show other illnesses Manuka Honey might be beneficial for and how exactly to use it - http://www.manukaho neycures. com/

I am long winded… even when writing… so not to bore you I will bring this to an end by giving you two personal testimonies.

Testimony #1
Once my youngest daughter cut her hand on a knife washing dishes. I cleaned the gash (bigger than a mere cut) and just for added measure I washed it with hydrogen peroxide (even though I know honey is supposed to contain an enzyme that converts to peroxide on contact with bodily fluids). When it was nice and clean I dressed it with pure, unpasteurized, unfiltered, unrefined honey from the herb store Each day I removed the gauze, cleaned the cut and applied more honey before wrapping it back up. After it healed, it left a faint, barely visible scar – from a wound that surely would've required stitches.

Testimony #2
In 2003, I moved from Minneapolis to Houston and soon after developed a sinus infection. The doctors at the VA hospital gave me an antibiotic and it seemed to be working but not before the prescription ran out. I know that antibiotics are not affective with viral infections, but I took them anyway like we sometimes do. It was almost going away. But not quite before my prescription ran out. The next time they gave me bactrim which is supposed to be a pretty powerful antibiotic. The sinusitis persisted. My sinuses were clogged up and I took all kinds of over the counter stuff and a whole lot of ibuprofen because the pain was ongoing and relentless. Next they talked about enlarging the sinus cavities in my skull. But I was not to keen on having face surgery. And I didn't. Finally I got a 16 oz bottle of bottled water - the one with the little nozzle on top to open and close it. I poured out all the water, filled it half way up with warm (microwaved) distilled water and stirred about 3-4 tablespoons of raw (unpasteurized and unrefined) honey in it . I snorted it all up in my nose till it ran out my mouth and then… I snorted more. It might've been more honey than 3-4 tablespoons but it was entirely diluted in the water. I thought about rinsing with clear water and then I thought … honey is antibiotic – leave it. I went to work. Along about lunch hour I had an tremendous nosebleed and ran to the men's room and harked up a huge green, yellow and bloody ball of "yuck" that had a God awful smell to it. My guess is that it was BEHIND my nasal passage and clogging up my sinuses! I stopped the nosebleed and never had a sinus problem again.

Many times use myself as a guinea pig so that I can share it with others. I know that ultimately God is our healer anyway. The herbs are just spit and mud. For effect.

John 9:6-7 Amplified Bible (AMP)
6 When He had said this, He spat on the ground and made clay (mud) with His saliva, and He spread it [as ointment] on the man's eyes. 7 And He said to him, Go, wash in the Pool of Siloam--which means Sent. So he went and washed, and came back seeing.
Jesus didn't need any spit and mud. I think He was just nice enough to use a visual aid!!

This was way a lot of information and I had so much more to say, but we all must be going… places to go… people to see.

But why take my word for any of it? IT'S YOUR HEALTH. You can research anything mentioned on this site yourself. Some good search engines are www.mamma.com and www.dogpile. com as well as Google. Enter one or more keywords to do your own research. I like to use "benefits of WHATEVER".

1. INADEQUATE REST - Research continues to prove that good quality sleep has proven to be the single-most important factor in determining or influencing your health.

2. INABILITY TO DEAL WITH STRESS - If you run around all day like a chicken with it's head cut off, it will increase your chances of getting ill and will aggravate, tremendously, any illness that you already have, no matter what it is. Anxiety, depression, anger, guilt are also STRESS factors. LEARN TO FORGIVE AND LET GO.

3. INADEQUATE OR IMPROPER NUTRITIONAL HABITS. Many people load up on the white sugar, white flour, starches, processed and refined foods. Many holistic doctors as well as traditional doctors believe we should be eating at least 5 times as many fruits and vegetables as meats. Most experts agree that most diets are seriously deficient in the amounts of fruits and vegetables that we should be eating to remain healthy.

4. INADEQUATE EXERCISE - A sedentary lifestyle that does not include enough exercise will catch up with you. FIND SOME KIND OF PHYSICALLY ENGAGING ACTIVITY EVEN IF IT'S ONLY WALKING!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 20 Jun 2011, 10:46 pm

Greetings Friends:

FIRST.. I pray that God blesses me to provide accurate and timely information and that He blesses each and every one of us spiritually in such a way where a physical blessing is the result. I pray that He blesses us physically/material ly in such a way where a spiritual blessing is the end result. More importantly, I pray that God blesses us all in such a way, where He leaves no doubt as to the Source of the blessings.

Because of reader's requests, this week's HERB-OF-THE- WEEK will deal with some dietary and herbal things one can do that can be helpful and beneficial to those suffering from frequent bouts of bronchitis.

Basically (I hate to use that word – but in this case it is applicable), bronchitis is inflammation of the bronchial tubes; the air passages leading to the lungs. As a result the bronchial tubes become thick, inflamed and swollen with mucus resulting in congestion and clogging of the air passages. Bronchitis usually occurs right after a cold or the flu and most often in people who have already had it. That is not so surprising if the same conditions exist that existed when you first contracted it. Chemical fumes, pollution and biological irritation, even pollen in the air) is thought to be the number one cause.

The first things you can do are:

Stay indoors when the quality of the air is poor.

Avoid using of aerosol products (insecticides, deodorants, hair
sprays) that might irritate the bronchial passages.

Stop smoking and if you don't smoke then you should avoid situations where people smoke.

Drink plenty of fluids because dehydration causes the mucus to become too hard and thick to cough up.

IMMUNE SYTEM BOOSTERS:
Overall and above all, the best thing one can do for many infections is to boost the immune system. There are many herbs and nutritional supplements that help bolster the immune system. I am going to start out with the simplest and most common first.

VITAMIN C is a very anti-viral especially if you use the kind fortified or supplemented with rosehips. The vitamin C helps fight against the viruses and the rosehips contain powerful immune boosting bioflavonoids which fight against inflammation and are also anti-viral as well.

GARLIC is a natural antibiotic because it contains a phytonutrient called allicin. It has been called the poor man's penicillin. As you might know, antibiotics do not fight viral infections like colds and flu. But allicin is antiviral. As such, garlic tends to boost the immune system. For colds garlic is a decongestant, expectorant and antispasmodic (preventing coughs). Garlic pills are not as good as raw and crushed garlic. Crushed garlic should be cooked with and eaten as often as possible. Chewing on sprigs of parsley help with "garlic breath". This is why sometimes in restaurants they put sprigs of garlic on your plate.

ONIONS - Onions contain quercetin, which is a very powerful antioxidant which is … you guessed it… antiviral and antibiotic. Onions also contain many other powerful antioxidants and anticancer substances. Onions are helpful for asthma, bronchitis, diabetes and practically everything else. Get use to cutting up raw onions in your vegetables (i.e. greens and beans and peas etc).
A couple of other VERY GOOD immune system boosters are:

MAITAKE AND SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS contain polysaccharides that stimulate the immune system and activate certain cells and proteins like macrophages, T-cells, and natural killer cells. Because of their ability to enhance the immune system and activate these cells and proteins, it potentially slows the growth of tumors, protects healthy cells from becoming cancerous and helps prevent cancer metastasis.

<

"Many of the human diseases currently increasing throughout the world have no specific cures," notes mycologist John Donoghue, co-author of Shiitake Growers Handbook. "Immune system failure or dysfunction is a common element in cancer, viruses, and immune-deficiency diseases," says Donoghue. He and other scientists around the world contend that there is increasing evidence that the health-promoting compounds found in medicinal and edible fungi, including shiitake, stimulate the immune system. Remarkably, these mushrooms have not been shown to have any toxic effects on humans, and are clinically safe.

OREGANO OIL - Research has shown that oregano oil contains carvacrol and thymol; two substances that are effective against food borne diseases such as Salmonella, Listeria and E. col. Oregano oil is widely known as a potent germ-killer and anti-inflammatory herb. Not just herbalist and health food geeks, but many it highly respected scientist are touting it's medicinal properties. Studies have shown its usefulness against the prevention of candida albicans, aspergillus mold, staph infections, vaginal infections, etc. with the added benefit that it is has little to zero side effects.

A study from the US Dept of Agriculture showed that the essential oil of oregano presented antimicrobial activities against Salmonella and E.coli. Other research demonstrates that oregano oil is such a powerful antimicrobial that it can be used to preserve food. That begs the question… then why are we using questionable chemical preservatives in our food?

A recent study from the Department of Physiology & Biophysics at Georgetown University Medical Center, concluded:

"New, safe antimicrobial agents are needed to prevent and overcome severe bacterial, viral, and fungal infections. Based on our previous experience and that of others, we postulated that herbal essential oils, such as those of origanum (oregano oil)…offer such possibilities. " [PDF]

NOTE: It is important not to confuse Oil of Oregano with common oregano that is used as a spice for cooking. Common oregano is typically Origanum Marjoram, while Oil of Oregano is derived from Origanum Vulgare.

ECHINACEA – Many of us have already heard all of the pros and cons of echinacea including the arguments made against it as not being very effective. But keep in mind that a lot of the research being done is by the pharmaceutical companies!! What I've learned and have always been taught is that echinacea a PREVENTATIVE type herb. If you already have "it" whatever "it" is (cold, flu, bronchitis etc.) then echinacea is not going to be as effective in stopping something that has already gotten started. But… if you are prone to colds and flu and bronchitis then you might want to keep some around for whenever you are in a weakened state. For instance, it could help to keep a cold from developing into bronchitis. Building up the immune state of immunity since it does help the body to better fight off infections faster.

HOREHOUND AND SLIPPERY ELM TEA are expectorants and are used in teas and syrups to help expel mucus and soothe throats and coughs.
HORSE RADISH - Due to its antibiotic properties, horseradish can cure urinary tract infections and kill bacteria in the throat that cause bronchitis and related problems. Against bronchitis, flu and lung congestions, horseradish flour is applied like a cataplasm on the chest area for a half an hour up to an hour. This treatment is repeated once every two or three days.

EPHEDRA or Ma Huang - The stems of Ephedra species contain alkaloid ephedrine which is beneficial in treating many respiratory complaints. It has antiviral effects, against shortness of breath, coughing, congestion and bronchitis. It also works well for relieving nasal congestion. In fact it is an old Mormon remedy for pneumonia.
This herb is hard to find anywhere since it was recently outlawed by the FDA and then REINSTATED. While the real herb was outlawed, the synthetic version (pseudoephedrine) was still allowed in sinus medications. The reason it was outlawed was because since it is a stimulant, a lot of herbal companies were putting it in weight loss products and formulas, along with caffeine and it was causing heart attacks. The medicinal purpose of the herb is for pneumonia, colds, flu and congestion. It should never be taken with other stimulants and especially never on a continuous basis. It's proper use is to get rid of excessive congestion, phlegm and mucous. Like fire… if used responsibly and for the correct purposes it may work well for you.

Cautions: This herb should not be used by people who are taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, or suffering from high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism, glaucoma, dehydration, anxiety, heart disease, or insomnia.

There are other good immune boosting herbs such as Astragalus, Olive Leaf, Pau `D Arco etc. An antiviral prescription drug called olivar is made from extract of olive leaf and is is used to relieve the symptoms of the herpes virus and is said to be pretty good. I have also heard that drinking olive leaf tea works as well.
I just started you out with what <> thought were the best. But everybody's body is different. For instance, acetaminophen does not work for me where it seems to help everybody else.

But why take my word for any of it? IT'S YOUR HEALTH. You can research anything mentioned on this site yourself. Some good search engines are www.mamma.com and www.dogpile. com as well as Google. Enter one or more keywords to do your own research. I like to use "health benefits of WHATEVER". Where "whatever" is the herb or nutritional supplement in question.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum