World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyToday at 1:57 am by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyToday at 1:44 am by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyToday at 1:32 am by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyToday at 1:32 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyToday at 12:59 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyToday at 12:28 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyToday at 12:17 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyYesterday at 10:42 pm by Admin

» Year of the Death of Jesus
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyYesterday at 10:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyYesterday at 9:59 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyYesterday at 9:23 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Admin

» WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyYesterday at 4:36 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyYesterday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Greetings in the Resurrected Christ!

3 posters

Go down

Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! Empty Re: Greetings in the Resurrected Christ!

Post  Admin Mon 26 Feb 2024, 4:55 pm

https://www.cgg.org/index.cfm/library/weekly/id/706/did-christs-resurrection-change-day-worship-part-one.htm
Matthew 12:38-40
(38) Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying, "Teacher, we want to see a sign from You." (39) But He answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. (40) For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
New King James Version Change your email Bible version

The seventh day of the week—the Sabbath—was set apart at creation as being blessed, sanctified, and holy (Genesis 2:3; Exodus 20:11). It was given to Israel prior to the Old Covenant (Exodus 16), and confirmed within a separate perpetual covenant (Exodus 31:12-17). It was observed by God's people throughout biblical history, and transgressed by the disobedient. Jesus kept the seventh-day Sabbath, as did the apostles and early church after His death. Prophecies show that it will continue to be kept when He returns to establish His Kingdom on earth.

In the face of the Bible's consistent teaching, though, Protestant theologians justify their breaking of the fourth commandment and their worship on the first day of the week by saying that they are honoring the day of Christ's resurrection. They offer this reason despite there being absolutely no indication that God intended such a change, nor is there any explanation from an apostle, prophet, or other messenger after the fact to reveal such a doctrinal deviation—one that would have lit an unthinkable doctrinal firestorm in the first century.

Their inadequate reasoning contains more holes. While the day and time of Christ's resurrection are critical to our salvation, they are central for a different reason than the one given by the theologians. By Jesus' own testimony, the true significance of the day and time of His resurrection is that it proves that He was who He claimed to be: the Son of Man, the Messiah. The sign He gave of His Messiahship is that He would be in the grave three days and three nights (that is, 72 hours), and then God would resurrect Him.

Therefore, the timing of His resurrection has nothing to do with establishing which day God set apart and made holy, and everything to do with whether He was and is the Messiah. The day and time of His resurrection either prove or disprove His Messiahship—in Christ's words, the holiness of the day is nowhere in view. Followers of Christ should be keen, then, on understanding how long He was in the grave and when He was resurrected, for if the Father did not resurrect Jesus when He foretold, we have no Savior.

Now we arrive at a poignant irony: The same theologians that justify Sunday-observance (on the basis of Christ's resurrection) also claim that He died on a Friday afternoon and was resurrected on a Sunday morning—that is, that Jesus did not fulfill the sign of Jonah! Notice He did not foretell "parts of three days" or even just "three days" but "three days and three nights." It is simply not possible to fit three days and three nights between a Friday afternoon and a Sunday morning. These theologians have a couple of serious problems on their hands and heads, not only in attempting to change times and laws (see Daniel 7:25), but also by invalidating the very sign Jesus gave to prove who He was!

Reconciling the correct timing of Jesus's burial and resurrection takes some deeper study, but it is not difficult. We know that He was killed on the day of Passover and that His body was put into the grave before sunset (compare Mark 15:42; Luke 23:54; John 19:14). His burial needed to take place before sunset because that marked the end of the day of Passover (a preparation day) and the beginning of a Sabbath. That Sabbath was not a weekly Sabbath, though, but rather an annual one, the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread. John confirms this by recording that "that Sabbath was a high day" (John 19:31).

This means there are two Sabbaths involved in the timing—an annual Sabbath (the first day of Unleavened Bread) and a weekly Sabbath. Jesus suffered crucifixion on the preparation day for an annual Sabbath rather than the weekly Sabbath, thus He did not die on a Friday, as is commonly believed. In the year of His crucifixion, Passover was on a Wednesday. His body was put into the grave late Wednesday afternoon before the high-day Sabbath began. He was in the grave three days and three nights (Wednesday night through Saturday; 72 hours), and He arose on Sabbath afternoon just before sunset.

As After Three Days explains, Sabbath afternoon is the only time when Jesus could have been resurrected after being killed on Passover afternoon and lying in the grave three days and three nights. Yet, His resurrection on the Sabbath is not what makes it holy and set apart. Rather, He was resurrected by God on the day that was already holy and set apart. So, the day of Christ's resurrection does not establish the day of worship—yet even if it did, it would still be on the seventh day!

Whether by assumed church authority or by carelessly handling the Word of God, Sunday-keeping is a tradition of men rather than an ordinance of God. Jesus says, "If you love Me, keep My commandments" (John 14:15), including the ten He gave at Mount Sinai. The apostle John concurs: "By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome" (I John 5:2-3). Yet, church leaders for centuries, like the Pharisees before them, have led millions into error by making "the commandment of God of no effect by [their] tradition" (Matthew 15:6).

Jesus' resurrection made no change in the day of worship; men took it upon themselves to change it without respect to God's Word. In the near future, however, when Christ returns, all who claim Him as King will once again hallow the Sabbath (Isaiah 66:22-23; Ezekiel 44:24; 45:17; 46:3).

— David C. Grabbe

Did Christ's Resurrection Change the Day of Worship? (Part One)
by David C. Grabbe
CGG Weekly, July 4, 2014
"We have made the change from the seventh day to the first day, from Saturday to Sunday, on the authority of the one holy Catholic Church."
—Bishop Seymour
In the Christian era, the Sabbath has been a point of controversy since at least the fourth century AD, when the Roman Catholic Church assumed the authority to change the day of worship from the seventh day to the first. In the years that followed, thousands of seventh-day Sabbath-keepers were imprisoned or killed for obeying the fourth commandment.

When the Protestant Reformation took place centuries later, those opposed to the abuses and venality of the Catholic Church broke away in an attempt to set things straight. However, they continued to teach a number of corrupted doctrines, including the change to the Sabbath. Today, the vast majority of professing Christians hold the first day as the proper day of worship, even though the Bible is clear and consistent that only the seventh day was blessed, sanctified, and made holy (Genesis 2:3; Exodus 20:11).

Catholic theologians are unashamed of the change that their church made, readily admitting that if one goes by the Bible alone, the seventh day is still the Sabbath. For them, the matter comes down to church leadership having the authority to modify such things. Protestants, on the other hand, are unwilling to concede Papal authority. Instead, they justify Sunday-worship—a tradition of men—by saying they are honoring the day on which Christ rose from the dead.

Does this tradition have merit? It is certainly a widespread assumption, one that seems plausible on the surface and to which few give a second thought. Even so, it is wrong for two reasons. First, there is no biblical record, implication, or hint of God removing the sanctification and holiness given to the seventh day and transferring it to another day. Second, as we will see in Part Two, the timing of Christ's resurrection has nothing to do with establishing which day is holy, and everything to do with proving that He was the Messiah.

Inherent within the assertion that the Sabbath has changed is the idea that the Creator Himself is changeable—that His character is variable, His standard of righteousness changes over time, and He is not serious about what He says. Yet, James 1:17 reminds us that with God there is no variation or shadow of turning. He does not change—His fundamental character and approach to things are constant. Hebrews 13:8 says that Jesus Christ is "the same yesterday, today, and forever," and the next verse says, "Do not be led away by diverse and strange teachings" (ESV). From this, we can see that God's changelessness is a major defense we have against false teaching. Thus, any doctrine that involves God backtracking on what He said—such as changing the Sabbath command—should be seen for what it truly is: an affront to His perfect, constant nature.

The Sabbath is neither a minor detail nor an obsolete ritual. It was the capstone of the creation week and is a creation of its own (Genesis 2:1-3). Humanity, created on the sixth day, is the pinnacle of God's physical creation, yet He created one more thing—the Sabbath—because physical man is incomplete. The physical creation is complete, yet there is a spiritual creation still taking place. God is creating mankind in His spiritual image (Genesis 1:26), and He has set apart—sanctified—one day each week to allow us to further this creation through fellowship with Him without being distracted by ordinary labors and pursuits. This certainly does not mean we cannot fellowship with Him at other times—we can and should! But in setting aside the seventh day and making it holy, He has ensured that there will always be a space of time—a recurring memorial—to return our focus to the spiritual work God is doing.

The high regard that God gives to the seventh-day Sabbath is evident throughout Scripture. God began teaching Israel about the Sabbath even before He gave the Ten Commandments and made the covenant with Israel (see Exodus 16:14-30; 20:8-11). For forty years, Israel had a weekly lesson on which day God had set apart because no manna fell for them to gather on the seventh day—God had provided twice the amount the day before.

Not only was the Sabbath command in place before the Old Covenant was made, but God even made an additional, perpetual covenant just for the Sabbath (Exodus 31:12-17). The Old Covenant—that temporary agreement between God and Israel—was made obsolete with the coming of the New Covenant, but the Sabbath exists outside of that agreement. In addition, notice God's promise at the core of the New Covenant: "I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts" (Hebrews 8:10; 10:16; see Jeremiah 31:31-34). While an agreement may be temporary, God is intent on writing His laws permanently on our hearts—and the Sabbath is one of the most important.

Time and again, ancient Israel was subjugated because of Sabbath-breaking and idolatry (see, for example, Ezekiel 20). God gives no indication that the Sabbath is temporary, that He intended to change it later, or that He is ambivalent about His command. In fact, the prophecies specifically show that the Sabbath will be kept after Christ returns and establishes His Kingdom (Isaiah 66:22-23; Ezekiel 44:24; 45:17; 46:3).

The gospel writers also do not give any hint or suggestion that God's sanctification of the Sabbath would somehow be switched to the first day of the week. Jesus leaves no impression that the day of worship would change upon His death. Though He and the Pharisees were frequently at odds over the Sabbath, it is clear that the controversy was always over how the Sabbath should be kept, never if or when.

Jesus' teachings about the Sabbath are just as applicable for His followers today as the Beatitudes and the parables (Matthew 12:1-12; 24:20; Mark 2:23-28; 3:1-4; Luke 6:1-9; 13:10-16; 14:1-5; John 5:16-19; 7:21-24). He taught the liberating intent of the Sabbath—not the abolishment of it!—because Pharisaic tradition had turned the Sabbath into a burden rather than the "delight" that God intended (Isaiah 58:13-14). Not only did Jesus keep the Sabbath and teach others on it (Mark 1:21; 6:2; Luke 4:16), but after His death the apostles and even Gentile believers also kept it (Acts 13:14-15, 42-44; 15:1-2, 14-21; 16:12-15; 17:2; 18:1-11).

Thus, from creation through the Millennium—and including Christ's ministry and the New Covenant church—we see God's establishment and steadfast reinforcement of the seventh-day Sabbath. On top of this, there is no scriptural intimation that the day of Christ's death, resurrection, ascension, or any other activity would modify the blessedness, sanctification, and holiness that He had already given to the seventh day.

Next time, we will look at the real significance of the day on which Jesus Christ was resurrected.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! Empty O Jesus, King of All Nations, May Your Reign Be Recognized on Earth! - on the Feast of St. Agatha

Post  the_sign Fri 05 Feb 2016, 12:52 pm

As in the case of Agnes, another virgin-martyr of the early Church, almost nothing is historically certain about this saint except that she was martyred in Sicily during the persecution of Emperor Decius in 251.
Legend has it that Agatha, like Agnes, was arrested as a Christian, tortured and sent to a house of prostitution to be mistreated. She was preserved from being violated, and was later put to death.
She is claimed as the patroness of both Palermo and Catania. The year after her death, the stilling of an eruption of Mt. Etna was attributed to her intercession. As a result, apparently, people continued to ask her prayers for protection against fire.
Comment:
The scientific modern mind winces at the thought of a volcano’s might being contained by God because of the prayers of a Sicilian girl. Still less welcome, probably, is the notion of that saint being the patroness of such varied professions as those of foundry workers, nurses, miners and Alpine guides. Yet, in our historical precision, have we lost an essential human quality of wonder and poetry, and even our belief that we come to God by helping each other, both in action and prayer?
Quote:
When Agatha was arrested, the legend says, she prayed: “Jesus Christ, Lord of all things! You see my heart, you know my desires. Possess all that I am—you alone. I am your sheep; make me worthy to overcome the devil.” And in prison: “Lord, my creator, you have protected me since I was in the cradle. You have taken me from the love of the world and given me patience to suffer. Now receive my spirit.”

Regarding the cyberdevil "ironman" and its newly acquired unclean spirit "Adino the Eznite" here at World Wide Christians Forum :

"43 And when an unclean spirit is gone out of a man he walketh through dry places seeking rest, and findeth none.

44 Then he saith: I will return into my house from whence I came out. And coming he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

45 Then he goeth, and taketh with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is made worse than the first. So shall it be also to this wicked generation."

So it is with cyberdevil "ironman" bringing the unclean spirit "Adino the Eznite".

With every post, the cyberdevil adds to the judgment against it, chained for its final hour to come as Jesus Christ brings forth the receipt of His purchasing power during May 5-7, 2016 A.D., the Three Days of Darkness.

The cyberdevils will grope for eternity amongst themselves in their final place of judgment, never to be a part of the new heavens and earth where righteousness dwells (2 Peter 3:10-14).

http://risen-from-the-dead.forumotion.com/t205-matthew-1243-45-in-action-in-vitro#266

Thus says the Lord, God, to the cyberdevils "ironman" and its unclean spirit "Adino the Eznite" : "for your tortures on the internet, I will deliver you to an eternity of torment."

the_sign

http://risen-from-the-dead.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! Empty Re: Greetings in the Resurrected Christ!

Post  ironman Tue 02 Feb 2016, 7:27 pm

the_sign wrote:Rather than continue in dialogue with a typical Catholic bashing snob at a site which endeavors to rise above such things, I have began a dedicated category for such cyberdevilry :

http://risen-from-the-dead.forumotion.com/f195-ironman-http-worldwidechristians-6forum-info

with the current cyberdevil "ironman" as the first beneficiary to its own forum in that category.

Fellow cyberdevils, I give you "ironman".

The truth cuts like a two edged sword. Rather than respond to my scriptures which clearly show Mary was not born without sin, that Peter was not chosen by Christ to be the head of His church, you attack me! Smile Smile Smile And you call me a snob for preaching truth? Very Happy
ironman
ironman

Back to top Go down

Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! Empty O Jesus, King of All Nations, May Your Reign Be Recognized on Earth!

Post  the_sign Tue 02 Feb 2016, 12:59 pm

Rather than continue in dialogue with a typical Catholic bashing snob at a site which endeavors to rise above such things, I have began a dedicated category for such cyberdevilry :

http://risen-from-the-dead.forumotion.com/f195-ironman-http-worldwidechristians-6forum-info

with the current cyberdevil "ironman" as the first beneficiary to its own forum in that category.

Fellow cyberdevils, I give you "ironman".

the_sign

Back to top Go down

Post  ironman Tue 02 Feb 2016, 5:35 am

the_sign wrote:No election nor resignation, but the Catechism is valid.

For a start, there is no where in Scripture that says Peter was the first Pope?

Jesus Christ is the Rock upon which the Christian church is built upon, not some man?

(1 Cor. 10:4: "And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ."). Peter was just a "stone" (John 1:42 KJV: "...thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, "A stone."

And this?

Mary helps in salvation  
"She (Mary) is inseparably linked with the saving work of her Son." (Pg. 332, # 1172)

There is no mention in Scriptures where Mary has anything to do with salvation. Her intercessions will not help for the Bible says JESUS is the ONLY WAY to God:  "neither is there salvation in any other: for there is NONE OTHER NAME under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." -Acts 4:12

And the immaculate conception, she was born without sin? Another lie, she had need of a saviour just as we all do.

She even said it herself here;

Luke 1:46, And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

Luke 1:47. 47, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

She knew who she was and why she was born.

The Catechism is not valid in any way. Never was, never will be. Smile
ironman
ironman

Back to top Go down

Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! Empty O Jesus, King of All Nations, May Your Reign Be Recognized on Earth!

Post  the_sign Tue 02 Feb 2016, 5:10 am

No election nor resignation, but the Catechism is valid.

the_sign

Back to top Go down

Post  ironman Mon 01 Feb 2016, 10:13 pm

After Pope Benedict XVI announced his resignation, those familiar with a 12th-century prophecy claiming the next pope will be the last questioned if Judgment Day is quickly approaching. Scholars, theologians and churchmen, however, all treat this "prediction" as fiction passed off as reality. I have nothing to do with the Catholic church, It is nothing more than Mystery Babylon as revealed in Revelation. idol worshiping, Mary worshiping, rosary praying duped people who believe what men tell them is the truth and not what God says in His Word.
ironman
ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  the_sign Mon 01 Feb 2016, 8:38 pm

Rightly do you quote from John 17:11.

As Judaism ran corrupt when Christ had His walk with us, the mass apostasy of these final days is rife with such incongruities.

What is most offensive to Our Lord is rejection by wicked men.

To call upon the Name of the Holy Father is not the same as applying That Name wrongfully.

The prophecy of St. Malachy is void of any such allusions, but many are those who try to breathe hell-fire into that foretold list of Pontiffs.

If it was rightful to choose a successor for Judas Iscariot, then it is not wrongful to have the other original Twelve remembered in like manner.

Through similar mass persecutions, the casting of lots reverted to direct appointment of candidates via the College of Cardinals, an actual working of "the mystery of iniquity" of which St. Paul wrote in 2 Thessalonians 2:7.

Thusfar, the mass media coverage of the last two 'elections' follow suit as regards the spreading of lies.

the_sign

Back to top Go down

Post  ironman Mon 01 Feb 2016, 2:12 am

The Lord has shown all of us all we need to know via His Holy Word.

The Roman Pope uses the title Vicarius Christi, meaning the vicar of Christ, or Christs representative on Earth. He also is called, "Holy Father," a title reserved only for our Heavenly Father. Jesus called His Father, "Holy Father,"oncein Scripture;

John 17:11, "And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are."

There are no Vicars, no Holy Fathers, no representatives of Jesus Christ on the Earth, only the Holy Spirit, who Jesus and the Father sent, and He is here and will remain here even during the tribulation to help, comfort and guide any who want to turn to Christ. Anyone who says they are Christs representative on Earth today is having himself, and anyone who follows or believes him, on!
ironman
ironman

Back to top Go down

Greetings in the Resurrected Christ! Empty Greetings in the Resurrected Christ!

Post  the_sign Thu 11 Dec 2014, 4:14 am

The Lord has seen fit to show me how he has established the priestly, prophetic, and kingly estates for us. I have come through three wombs in this process : as Elijah, as John, and now as Edward, inclusive to the name of Petrus Romanus (a vicar's name from the St. Malachy prophecy).

the_sign

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down