World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» THE BLAZE
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:38 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:03 pm by Admin

» AISH
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:55 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:37 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:30 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:24 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 11:03 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 10:48 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 10:46 pm by Admin

» Woke Kindergarten?
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 10:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 10:12 pm by Admin

» israelAM
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 8:57 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 6:52 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 11:35 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:37 pm by Admin

» The Holocaust and Faith
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:26 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:52 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 Empty Re: NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE

Post  Admin Sun 07 Jun 2015, 10:26 pm

NAVY SEAL & ARMY RANGER HAVE CHOICE WORDS FOR MEDIA MEMBERS WHO MOCKED MARCUS LUTTRELL
As former Texas Gov. Rick Perry took to the airwaves on Thursday to announce his presidential candidacy, he was flanked by two American heroes on each side — Marcus and Morgan Luttrell, both of whom are former Navy SEALs who served this country with honor and distinction.

But most of the leftist media didn’t see it that way. As a matter of fact, multiple members of liberal media not only weren’t aware of who the two men were, but mocked them, calling them “sweaty bodyguards” and “Rick Perry’s henchmen.”
But two great Americans, Navy SEAL sniper Mark Matzeldelaflor and Army Ranger Zac Oja, had their own responses to the left-wing media’s reporting on Perry inviting the brothers to stand by his side as he announced his intentions to run for the presidency.
Matzeldelaflor told IJ Review his thoughts:
“I just think that they look kind of silly when they misread the looks and expressions on their faces and try to spin it towards their agenda. Those guys love their country and they take it seriously, and that includes their involvement in politics,” he said.
“They’re just trying to spin it and discredit Perry to fit their own agenda. At the end of the day those guys are patriots and they sacrificed for their country,” Matzeldelaflor added. “The fact that those reporters don’t know who Marcus is actually shows how little research they do. It just takes a rudimentary search on the Internet to figure out who he is.”
IJ Review also interviewed Army Ranger Zac Oja, who had choice words for the absurd comments made about the Luttrell’s after Perry’s announcement was finished.
“The priorities in this country are so screwed up as it is,” he said. “A transgender person like Bruce Jenner is a hero. But someone sacrifices their college scholarship and their time to join the military and they don’t get nearly as much recognition.”

Ex-Muslim: Koran Revealed a Murderous Religion I Did Not Like
GOTHENBURG, Sweden — Mona Walter is on a mission. Her mission is for more Muslims to know what is in the Koran. She says if more Muslims knew what was in the Koran, more would leave Islam.

Walter came to Sweden from Somalia as a war refugee when she was 19. She says she was excited about joining a modern European nation with equal rights for women. But as a young Muslim woman, that was not the Sweden she encountered.
WATCH CBN Interview VIDEO
A Real Introduction to Islam

It was in Sweden that she first experienced radical Islam on a daily basis.
“I discovered Islam first in Sweden. In Somalia, you’re just a Muslim, without knowing the Koran. But then you come to Sweden and you go to mosque and there is the Koran, so you have to cover yourself and you have to be a good Muslim.”
Walter says she grew up in Somalia never having read the Koran.
“I didn’t know what I was a part of. I didn’t know who Mohammed was. I didn’t know who Allah was. So, when I found out, I was upset. I was sad and I was disappointed,” she recalled.
And it was in Sweden that Walters says she discovered Allah is a god who hates, and that Islam is not a religion of peace.
“It’s about hating and killing those who disagree with Islam. It’s about conquering. Mohammed, he was immoral. He was a bloodthirsty man. He was terrible man, and Muslims can read that in his biography — what he did to Jews, how he raped women, how he killed people. I mean, he killed everyone who didn’t agree with him,” she explained.
Discouraged, Walter left Islam and became an atheist, until one day a family member encouraged her to read the Bible. She still remembers the first time she read Matthew 5:44, where Jesus said to “love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”
Christianity, a New Perspective
“It was very strange for me to ‘love your enemy,’ because in Islam it is ‘kill your enemy.’ ‘Kill your enemy and anyone who refuses Islam.’ But Jesus Christ was all about love and peace and forgiveness and tolerance, and for some reason, I needed that,” she said.
She went to see Pastor Fouad Rasho of Angered Alliance Church, a Syrian immigrant who ministers to former Muslims in Sweden.
“She started to believe and she came to me. And that was the beginning of her trusting,” he said.
When she accepted Christ, Walter said she felt “so happy” and “filled with joy.”
Walter says the Lord gave her a burden for Muslims who still do not know the truth about Islam.  And she began to study the Koran, and began copying verses from the Koran and handing them out on the street to Muslim women.
Rescuing Muslims with Truth
“Sometimes they listen and sometimes they become very upset, and I tell them, ‘You know your husband has a right to beat you if you don’t obey him?’ And they say ‘No, It does not say that.’ ‘Yes, it does say that.’  I thought if I tell them about Muhammed and about the Koran and about this god of Islam who hates, who kills, who discriminates against women, maybe they will have a choice and leave,” she explained.
But in politically correct Sweden, Walter has come under attack for simply repeating what is in the Koran.
“I’ve been called an ‘Islamophobe,’ and yeah [they tell me], ‘You’ve been bought,’ ‘You’re a house nigger,’ and stuff like that, terrible things, ” she said.
She has also been called a racist. Walter warns that Islamic radicalism is a serious threat in Sweden, and says Swedish society should care more about women trapped in Islam.
“[Swedes] will think, ‘Oh, we’re in Sweden; we have freedom of religion,’ but Muslim women don’t have freedom of religion. They live under the law of Allah, not under Swedish law. So they will suppose everyone has freedom of religion. We don’t have freedom of religion. It’s not for Muslim women. It’s for everyone else,” Walter argued.
Walter lives under death threats and sometimes travels with police protection.  She wanted to show us Muslim areas around Gothenburg, but had to first dress as a Muslim. She believes if she were to show her face, she would be attacked.
“I can never go to those areas just being me, flesh and blood Mona. I would never get out of there alive,” she said.
“I mean, Muslims are normally good people like everyone else,” she continued. “But then when they read the Koran, then they become a killing machine.”
“This so-called ISIS or el Shabab or Boko Haram, they’re not like extremists. They’re not fanatical. They’re just good Muslims, good Muslims who follow the teachings of Islam. The prophet Mohammed, he did that. They’re doing what he did,” she explained.
Walter now uses videos and speaking appearances to spread her message. And she says she won’t stop, even though her life is in danger.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 06 Jun 2015, 10:40 pm

‘Russia would attack NATO only in mad person’s dream’ – Putin
Published time: June 06, 2015 03:22 
Edited time: June 06, 2015 10:51
Russia is not building up its offensive military capabilities overseas and is only responding to security threats caused by US and NATO military expansion on its borders, Russian President Vladimir Putin told Italian outlet Il Corriere della Sera.

READ MORE: Moscow 'closely looks' into reported US plans to return medium-range missiles to Europe
http://rt.com/news/265147-us-missiles-russia-europe/
Speaking to the paper on the eve of his visit to Italy, Putin stressed that one should not take the ongoing “Russian aggression” scaremongering in the West seriously, as a global military conflict is unimaginable in the modern world. 

“I think that only an insane person and only in a dream can imagine that Russia would suddenly attack NATO. I think some countries are simply taking advantage of people’s fears with regard to Russia. They just want to play the role of front-line countries that should receive some supplementary military, economic, financial or some other aid,” Putin said.
Certain countries could be deliberately nurturing such fears, he added, saying that hypothetically the US could need an external threat to maintain its leadership in the Atlantic community. “Iran is clearly not very scary or big enough” for this, Putin noted with irony.
Russia’s President invited the journalists to compare the global military presence of Russia and the US/NATO, as well as their military spending levels. He also urged them to look at the steps each side has taken in connection with the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty since the collapse of the Soviet Union.
Russia’s military policy is “not global, offensive, or aggressive,” Putin stressed, adding that Russia has “virtually no bases abroad,” and the few that do exist are remnants of its Soviet past.
He explained that there were small contingents of Russian armed forces in Tajikistan on the border with Afghanistan, mainly due to the high terrorist threat in the area. There is an airbase in Kyrgyzstan, which was opened at request of the Kyrgyz authorities to deal with a terrorist threat there. Russia also has a military unit in Armenia, which was set up to help maintain stability in the region, not to counter any outside threat. 

In fact, Russia has been working towards downsizing its global military presence, while the US has been doing the exact opposite. “We have dismantled our bases in various regions of the world, including Cuba, Vietnam, and so on,” the president stressed. “I invite you to publish a world map in your newspaper and to mark all the US military bases on it. You will see the difference.”
Meanwhile, it would take only 17 minutes for missiles launched from US submarines on permanent alert off Norway’s coast to reach Moscow, Putin said, noting that this fact is somehow not labeled as “aggression” in the media. The US has carried out the oft-cited strategic bomber flights along Russia’s borders since Soviet times without interruption, while Russia stopped them in the early 1990s and has only resumed them just recently.
The combined military spending of NATO countries is ten times higher than that of the Russian Federation, Putin stressed.

America has been setting up “anti-missile systems, bases and radars located in the European territory or in the sea,” despite Russia’s repeated warnings that this undermines international security. 
Revealingly, it is the United States that chose to withdraw from the ABM treaty limiting anti-ballistic missile arsenals, which Putin believes was “the cornerstone of the entire international security system.” The Russian leader questioned the move: “Did someone expect Russia to disarm unilaterally?”
He explained that Moscow had tried to dissuade the US from withdrawing from the treaty, and instead “create an ABM system together, the three of us: Russia, the United States and Europe.” This proposal was declined, and Russia had to, likewise, begin developing “overpowering anti-ballistic defense” systems to ensure strategic balance. According to Putin, Russia has made “significant strides in this area.”

“Everything we do is just a response to the threats emerging against us. Besides, what we do is limited in scope and scale, but is, however, sufficient to ensure Russia’s security,” Putin underlined.
Nevertheless, Putin said he views America not as Russia’s rival, but rather as a partner and ally on many pressing world issues, such as global terrorism, Middle Eastern crises and Iran’s nuclear program. 
“We are not just partners; I would say we are allies in addressing the issues related to non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. We are undoubtedly allies in the fight against terrorism. There are some other areas of collaboration as well. The central theme of Expo Milano…is yet another example of our joint work,” Putin said. 
Expo Milano 2015 is an international gathering in Milan, Italy, which this year has been promoted under the slogan “Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life,” and which Putin will also be visiting. Russia is taking part in the event, presenting its own technologies and innovations.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 05 Jun 2015, 4:27 pm

Pedophilia is a Cornerstone of Islam
 Dave Gibson 02/05/2015
Child molestation is not only widespread throughout the Muslim world, but is completely accepted as a standard practice by Muslim men. In fact, in 2012, Pentagon lawyers, at the request of the Obama administration drafted an Army manual which forbade any criticism of child molestation by troops serving in Muslim countries.

The 75-page handbook stated troops should avoid “making derogatory comments about the Taliban, advocating women’s rights, any criticism of pedophilia, directing any criticism towards Afghans, mentioning homosexuality and homosexual conduct” or “anything related to Islam,” Judicial Watch reported.
Of course, when speaking on the topic of pedophilia in Islamic culture, one cannot ignore the original ‘chomo’ (prison slang for child molester)…the prophet himself, Muhammad.
Muhammad married his bride, Aisha at age six, but reportedly waited until she was 9-years-old to deflower the youngster.
In 2011, Muslim cleric Dr. Salih bin Fawzan tried to rationalize Muhammad’s criminal behavior in the following (rather laughable text):
The story of the prophet s marriage to Aisha reveals to us aspects like the prophet s conduct with Aisha, and more importantly the aspect regarding the relationship between the husband and wife, to show how one should treat his wife, just as the prophet did with Aisha.

We know that Asia s mother went to take her down from the swing that she was playing on to fix her hair and prepare her for the prophet so he could enter her [have sex with her] and she did that all on the same day.
It gets even more sickening…
So you see, she was playing with her fellow playmates even though her day of consummation was that very same day and all that they did was to fix her up for the prophet so he could have sex with her.
Now what do we see when the prophet married Aisha? Did he go to her and say  Okay that s it, you re married, you re now a grown up, you re supposed to be mature, you need to do this and that; you need to forget about your toys and your little friends; you are now a wife of a man, you have to see to my needs  and that s it?
No. The prophet allowed her to continue playing with her toy dolls indeed, the prophet even sometimes gave her such things to play with.
This same Saudi cleric issued a fatwa stating that there should be no minimum requirement age for girls to marry, “even if they are in the cradle,” and simply that  they are capable of being placed beneath and bearing the weight of the men. 
And, in the tradition of the pedophile prophet, several so-called ‘moderate Muslim’ countries have no minimum age for girls to marry, these include: Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Yemen.
Several years ago, the minimum age for marriage in Yemen was 15, but that was abolished in 1999. Unofficially, Yemeni clerics agreed that puberty begins at the age of nine, therfore that is when husbands should begin having sex with their child brides, according to a Human Rights Watch report.

Read more at http://universalfreepress.com/pedophilia-cornerstone-islam/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 02 Jun 2015, 5:10 pm

What’s next? Earthquakes, volcanoes give Japan the jitters
Posted on June 2, 2015

JAPAN – Last Saturday’s 8.1-magnitude earthquake was the fourth major seismic event to strike Japan in one week, suggesting that a period of relative stability in the tectonic plates beneath the country has come to an end. From Hokkaido in the north of Japan to Kyushu at the other end of the archipelago, the shaking started at 8:23 pm on Saturday. It began as a slight shaking of the ground before quickly building up to more violent movements. For anyone who experienced the magnitude 8.1 earthquake, it seemed to last a lot longer than the three minutes that were recorded by the Japan Meteorological Agency’s instruments. The tremor was the sixth-largest to strike Japan in the last 100 years and instantaneously brought back images of the devastation caused the length of the coastline of north-east Japan in March 2011 by the Great East Japan Earthquake.
This time, however, Japan got off very lightly. Emergency services reported a dozen minor injuries, hundreds of elevators halted, and people had to walk down staircases to leave buildings, trains were halted until track inspections could be carried out, while similar checks were carried out at Narita and Haneda airports. With a focus 682 km below the surface, damage was negligible and the quake did not trigger a tsunami – but Japan is jittery because it struck the day after a volcano off the south coast erupted, and parts of the mountain town of Hakone are still off-limits due to volcanic activity. On May 25, an earthquake with a magnitude of 5.5 struck just north of Tokyo, shaking tall buildings in the city and disrupting train services. For many people, four significant seismic events in the space of one week is cause for serious concern.
“After the 2011 Tohoku earthquake, the whole of the Japanese archipelago has been activated,” Naoshi Hirata, a professor of earthquake science at The University of Tokyo, and an advisor to the government on the impact of major tremors, told DW. “Immediately after the quake there was a lot of seismic activity, but that appeared to taper off,” he said. “But we must remember that Japan is one of the most seismically active parts of the world, and we need to expect this degree of activity.”Experts admit that the sciences of both earthquakes and volcanoes are still imprecise, but the connections between the two are similarly poorly understood.
Rumbling volcanoes: In recent months, the alert level for Mount Zao, on the borders of Yamagata and Miyagi prefectures in central Japan, has been raised and the meteorological agency is closely watching developments. Infamously, Mount Ontake erupted without warning in September last year, killing 63 people. Authorities are about to resume the search for 12 people still listed as missing after their bodies were covered in as much as 1 meter of volcanic ash. The peak appears to have calmed down once again, but it remains off-limits to hikers.
The latest volcano to roar back into life is Mount Shindake, the peak that dominates the island of Kuchinoerabu, off southern Japan. The volcano experienced a minor eruption last year, but Friday’s event was a Level 5 on Japan’s five-grade scale and triggered the immediate evacuation of the 137 residents. The plume of ash rose some nine km into the sky and lava flowed from the upper reaches of the 626-meter volcano, covering as much as 20 percent of the 36-square-kilometer island. –DW
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 27 May 2015, 4:34 pm

CANADA FREE PRESS

Obama’s Memorial Day Ice Cream Gloat
The picture Herman Cain writer Dan Calabrese calls “the worst Memorial Day photo ever”http://www.caintv.com/ladies-and-gentlemen-the-worst
  should be going viral now if Obama Google pals don’t bury it.
The photo shows for once and for all how President Barack Obama really feels about Memorial Day, the one day a year set aside to pay respect to the sacrifice of the highly venerated war dead.
Just like the man the photo depicts, the picture not only swaggers across the stage, it leaps,  bounds and somersaults into view, walking on stilts across our troubled minds.
With background strains of the inspirational Marines’ Hymn ‘The Halls of Montezuma’ coming from Sirius Radio’s 40s station, which (Bless them!) always plays American military classics on Memorial Day,  I spotted Calabrese’s aptly described “the worst Memorial Day photo ever” for the first time early this morning.
It comes at us, “Courtesy of the Democrats (via Twitter), of course,” Calabrese wrote.
Why would the Dems circulate such an over-the-top, downright piggish picture on Memorial Day 2015?
Because Dems have absolutely no regard whatsoever for the sensibilities of others, family members counted among the fallen or not.  Because Democrats of the day have no taste.  They have no class, they have no couth. Being so consummately wrapped up in their me-first selves, they have nothing to offer anyone else.  They’re too caught up in feathering their own nests while millions of their American brothers and sisters struggle their way through a post-Constitutional America.
Still giddy from the stupendous victory of their colleagues in the billionaire Atlantic Philanthropies organization, who only three days ago turned Ireland over to the gay activist movement, pretending it was the good people of Ireland and not American lobbyists who got the job done, Obama’s Dems are on a roll.
Fortunate for the masses that the Dems remain unaware that their Obama-slobbering-icecream-cone picture can also be categorized as ‘Symbolic 101’.
The ice cream cone is the America Obama is so greedily wolfing down. The Obama grin, likely intended to show his trademark “I could care less” look, comes across as moronic.
Symbolic now morphs into Reality 101: After all atrocities thrown at them during the past seven years, and against all odds, Americans are surviving the most anti-American president in their history.  They are honoring the hero known as the America soldier on this Memorial Day—and they will go on to honor them long after Obama leaves office.
God Bless American soldiers gone to their heavenly rewards forever!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 25 May 2015, 10:23 pm

Olive Tree Ministries
Monday, 25 May 2015 06:36

Pope Francis: Ecumenical Movement Is Taking Great Steps

The coming global religion is falling into place  . . .
nitiatives--including the recent European Ecumenical Assemblies and the Charta Oecumenica, written in Strasbourg in 2001--are reasons "for great hope for surmounting the divisions, though in the awareness of the long way ahead towards the full and visible communion among all believers in Christ."
View Article
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 23 May 2015, 4:30 pm

Russia Deployed Nuclear-Capable Gear, NATO Commander Says
Russia has deployed equipment during the conflict in eastern Ukraine that can be used for nuclear weapons, NATO’s top military commander said.
While there’s no “direct evidence” that the Kremlin has made deployments of nuclear arms, U.S. Air Force General Philip Breedlove said on Thursday, “that does not mean that they may not have happened.”
“Lots of the systems that the Russians use to deliver nuclear weapons are dual-use systems -- they can be either conventional or nuclear -- and some of those systems are deployed,” Breedlove said.
Violence has continued in Ukraine’s easternmost regions despite a cease-fire agreed to in February, with NATO accusing Russian President Vladimir Putin of deliberately destabilizing the area following Russia’s annexation of Crimea last year.
“We do not need to make any adjustments to our nuclear posture,” Breedlove told reporters in Brussels. “First and foremost, we have a secure, a safe and a very capable nuclear response and that’s our mission -- to keep it that way.”
The North Atlantic Treaty Organization said last week that it was “deeply concerned” about Russia’s statements about possible stationing of nuclear weapons and their delivery systems in Crimea. Putin told a documentary film aired on Russian television two months ago that he was ready to put his country’s nuclear forces on alert when he annexed the Crimean peninsula in March 2014.
Baltic Nations
During the lull in fighting since the February cease-fire, Russia has “resupplied and stockpiled forces” in eastern Ukraine, Breedlove said.
He said NATO will assess a joint request from the Baltic nations -- Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia -- for more troops to counter increased threats from Russia, with which they share a border. The three countries said they want NATO to provide more than the increased air patrols and rotating U.S. troop presence secured last year.
“Any request that a nation sends forth in such a serious manner, we will look at,” Breedlove said.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 21 May 2015, 4:10 pm

What Syrian Chemical Weapons Reveal about Obama
by Daniel Pipes Fox News May 19, 2015
The famed "red line" warning that Barack Obama issued in August 2012 to Bashar al-Assad of Syria was arguably the defining foreign policy moment of his presidency: an unequivocal warning to a rogue leader to desist from war crimes or pay the price.

When Assad's crossing of this red line a year later ended in a blur, with Russian-backed promises that the Assad regime would hand over its chemical agents, responses were bifurcated. The president and his allies hailed this as a monument of diplomacy, whereby a plausible threat led bloodlessly to a major improvement in behavior. In contrast, critics presented Obama as a paper tiger who raged with threats that collapsed when offered meaningless assurances by a well-established liar.
The Obama administration called off retaliatory air strikes following the infamous 2013 Ghouta nerve gas attack in exchange for Syria's promises to surrender its chemical weapons.
Obama's threats against the Syrian dictatorship vanished into thin air, replaced by squirming and prattle.
For two years, there was no verdict; the two sides kept making their points without closure. But now, closure is at hand.
That's because there are now multiple reports of the Assad regime using chlorine in barrel bombs, plus the discovery of traces of ricin, sarin and VX. In response, the U.S. government has done nothing about these hideous developments other than issue mild rebukes, turn to the feckless United Nations, and hope against hope that the Russians and even the Iranians would dispose of the problem. No mention of red lines this time, just a wish no one would remember 2013.
But we do remember and we do draw conclusions. It's now indisputably clear that Obama is no more than a paper tiger. His threats against the Syrian dictatorship meant nothing but vanished into thin air, replaced by squirming and prattle.
If Obama dares not handle the weakling in Damascus, how might he venture to do so with more formidable foes?
Not only is this response important in itself, but it has implications for other hostile states, notably Russia, China, and especially Iran. If Obama dares not handle the weakling in Damascus, how might he venture to do so with the more formidable foes in Moscow, Peking, and Tehran?
For this reason, the issue of Assad's chemical weapons is crucial to American foreign policy. Like many observers, I count the months (still another 20 of them) until this president is gone and the United States of America has an opportunity for a fresh start to stand by its word, live up to its historic reputation, and protect itself.
Daniel Pipes (DanielPipes.org, @DanielPipes) is president of the Middle East Forum.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 18 May 2015, 11:13 pm

http://pamelageller.com/2015/05/isis-in-rome.html/
ISIS in Rome
ByPamela Geller
on May 18, 2015
For months, the Islamic State has vowed to attack Italy and conquer Rome, now that they have a stronghold in Libya. I have warned of this for months.

Back in February ISIS warned Italians: “You have seen us in Syria, now we’re right here, just south of Rome…”
In July 2014, the caliph (leader)  of the Islamic State vowed that Rome will be conquered next.  Muslims were  called to flock to the Islamic State to gather for a battle against non-believers throughout the world.
In September 2014, the Islamic State declared: “We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women, by the permission of Allah.”
Will the media and Western elites blame the Italians for “provoking” and “inciting” these devout Muslims?
Perhaps Pope Francis is considering converting for these “angels of peace.”
The Fall of Rome – A Quranic Prophecy
“Is ISIS Already in Rome?” by Thomas D. Williams, Ph.D., Breitbart, 18 May 2015
Members of the Islamic State have been circulating disturbing photos of well-known Roman sites such as the Colosseum with handwritten cards held up in front claiming that ISIS is already present in Italy’s capital.

One such card, written in Arabic as well as English, proclaims bluntly: “Islamic State in Rome,” and is held up in front of Italian police vehicles. Another bears a handwritten caption in pigeon Italian stating that “we are on your streets.”
Still other photos show similar notes with images from other Italian cities, such as the Milan cathedral and an Expo Pavilion.
Though clearly meant to inspire fear, the photos have garnered mixed reactions from Italians, who seem well aware that anyone can hold up a note in front of a famous landmark without necessarily posing a real threat.
This is not the first time that ISIS has pointed to Rome, the heart of Christianity, as its target. Last year militants chose to publish an image of the black flag of ISIS flying atop the obelisk in Saint Peter’s square on the cover of their propaganda magazine Dabiq.
This latest wave of propaganda, however, follows closely on the heels of an alarm sounded by the Libyan government last week that Islamic State terrorists will be reaching Italy by mingling with the numerous African immigrants crossing the Strait of Sicily into the Italian peninsula.
A minister of the internationally recognized Libyan government in Tobruk warned last Tuesday that “in the coming weeks” jihadists linked to ISIS will infiltrate the boats of illegal immigrants heading to Italy.
“Italy will experience not only the arrival of poor migrants from Africa but also of barges carrying ISIS militants,” said the Libyan information minister, Omar al Gawari, who added that the infiltration aiming at “Malta and Italy,” will take place “via the ports dominated by Fajr Libya,” the coalition of pro-Islamic militias in power in Tripoli and in the west of Libya.
Similar statements have come from Abdul Basit Haroun, an advisor to the Libyan government, who told the BBC that smugglers were stowing Islamic State militants on boats carrying migrants.
Haroun claims to have based his statement on conversations with smugglers in parts of North Africa controlled by the militants.
Italian counter-intelligence officials have claimed that so far there has been no confirmation of such forecasts. Some observers, moreover, have suggested that the warnings seem intent on undermining Libya’s Tripoli government, a rival to that in Tobruk.
Italy’s Minister of the Interior, Angelino Alfano said that so far “we have found no trace of the presence of terrorists in boats. This does not mean that we have lowered our guard, and we remain on high alert.”
Some 60,000 people are estimated to have tried to cross the Mediterranean this year, of whom more than 1,800 are thought to have died.
This handout picture released by the Italian National Police shows an aerial view of the crowd in St Peter’s square and Via della Conciliazione on April 27, 2014 during the canonisation mass of late Popes John Paul II and John XXIII. Catholics from around the world gathered in Rome on Sunday for a mass presided by Pope Francis to confer sainthood on John Paul II and John XXIII — two influential popes who helped shape 20th century history. = RESTRICTED TO EDITORIAL USE – MANDATORY CREDIT “AFP PHOTO / MASSIMO SESTINI / ITALIAN NATIONAL POLICE” – NO MARKETING NO ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS – DISTRIBUTED AS A SERVICE TO CLIENTS =MASSIMO SESTINI/AFP/Getty Images - See more at: http://pamelageller.com/2015/05/isis-in-rome.html/#sthash.3Yo9DoiQ.dpuf
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 14 May 2015, 9:58 pm

Report: Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah suffers heart attack

Is Hezbollah’s leader still capable of leading his terror organization? Arab sources are reporting that he has suffered a heart attack. 
By: Aryeh Savir, World Israel News
Hezbollah terrorists. (AP/Bilal Hussein)
Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah, head of the Lebanon-based terror organization, has recently suffered a heart attack, Arab sources are reporting.

Various rumors regarding the terror leader’s health condition have appeared on various sites throughout the Persian Gulf, Israel’s Globes reports.
The reports indicate that Nasrallah was hospitalized a few days ago in southern Beirut following complications which resemble a stroke or heart attack, Israel’s Yediot Aharonoth reported.
One source, which credibility has not been properly established, quoted Lebanese sources that say he has been hospitalized and is under observation, and that he did not look well during his last speech and was forced to pause for sips of juice during the event.
The Hezbollah commander is scheduled to speak on May 24th, as he does annually, to mark Israel’s withdrawal from Lebanon in 2000. The event’s cancellation or downscaling would provide an indication to his medical status and would corroborate or refute the rumors.
Hezbollah has been participating in the civil war in Syria, fighting alongside President Basher Assad’s armies. The terrorists have recently launched a massive campaign against Sunni rebels in the Qalamoun Mountains on the Lebanese border with Syria. Reports indicate that bitter battles are being waged in the region, and the Hezbollah has incurred heavy losses.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 30 Apr 2015, 7:01 pm

BREAKING: Ohio House Passes A Bill Making It Illegal To Kill Someone With A Heartbeat
BRIAN CAREY MARCH 27, 2015
Hey, who ever thought the state of Ohio could generate controversy by passing a bill that makes it a felony to kill someone with a heartbeat?

Perhaps the good folks in the Ohio legislature misunderestimated the extent of left-wing extremism that infests much of the modern day Democratic party.

The Ohio House passed a bill that would ban abortions as soon as a fetal heartbeat is detectable. That could be as early as six weeks.
Of course, the idea of preserving fetal life infringes on a woman’s right to choose!!11!1!! Therefore, the typically uptight scolds who pledge allegiance to feminism before the American flag have slithered out of their holes to let everyone know how much they hate human life and this proposal.
House Bill 69 (that number should have been reserved for a gay rights measure) does make an exception for the life of the mother, but it does not make an exception for the health of the mother or in the case of rape or incest. That’s why some people are saying it is too extreme.
There is no indication that the Ohio Senate will take up the bill.
However, there is another pro-life bill working its way through the Ohio legislature. That proposal would ban abortions after 20 weeks. Proponents think it has a better shot of becoming law than the so-called Heartbeat Bill.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 25 Apr 2015, 11:30 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1471939/massive-earthquake-in-nepal-kills-over-1300
'Massive' Earthquake In Nepal Kills Over 1,300
SEE MORE AT THE LINK 
Britain is sending search and rescue experts after Nepal's worst quake in 81 years with many people feared trapped under rubble.
A powerful earthquake centred in Nepal has killed more than 1,300 people across four countries, flattening houses and temples as well as triggering a deadly avalanche on Mount Everest.

The magnitude 7.9 quake - the strongest in Nepal for 81 years - struck 50 miles east of the popular tourist town of Pokhara and 50 miles north west of the capital Kathmandu shortly before noon local time.

Tremors could be felt hundreds of miles away in northern India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Tibet.
The quake struck east of Pokhara and also hit the capital Kathmandu

At least 300 people were reported dead in Kathmandu and 634 in the Kathmandu Valley. There are fears many others are trapped under rubble.

The quake, which was relatively shallow - making it more powerful - toppled the city's iconic 60 metre (100ft) high Dharahara tower, with rescuers scrambling to reach up to 200 people reportedly stuck inside.

Around a dozen bodies had earlier been removed from the 19th Century UNESCO-recognised monument, also known as the Bhimsen Tower. A 10-metre jagged stump was what remained of the building.

Deaths have also been reported across Nepal's borders. At least 36 people, including a 15-year-old girl, have been killed in India, 12 in Tibet and four in Bangladesh. Two Chinese citizens died at the Nepal-China border.

The quake was followed by a magnitude 6.6 aftershock and other tremors which reportedly lasted up to a minute.

Little is known about the extent of damage to Pokhara, and the Red Cross said it was concerned about the fate of rural villages close to the epicentre.

Play video "Kathmandu Homes Turned To Rubble"

Video: Kathmandu Homes Turned To Rubble
Britain is sending an eight-strong team of experts, including search and rescue specialists, to Nepal to provide urgent support.

India has sent a military air transporter with three tons of supplies and a 40-strong disaster response team. Three more planes will follow, carrying a mobile hospital and further relief teams.

In the densely-populated capital, hospitals are struggling to cope. As they began to fill up, some patients were being treated in car parks.

The quake also triggered a "huge avalanche" on Mount Everest, leaving at least 10 climbers dead.

1/39
NEPAL-INDIA-QUAKE
Kathmandu Struck By Powerful Earthquake
Gallery: Hundreds Die And Thousands Injured In Nepal Quake
People survey a site damaged by an earthquake, in Kathmandu
NEPAL-DISASTERS-EARTHQUAKE
NEPAL-INDIA-QUAKE
Gallery: Hundreds Die And Thousands Injured In Nepal Quake

Mountaineer Alex Gavan tweeted from Mount Pumori: "Everest base camp huge earthquake then huge avalanche from pumori.

"Running for life from my tent. Unhurt. Many many people up the mountain."

Another climber, Daniel Mazur, said Everest base camp had been "severely damaged" and his team was trapped. "Please pray for everyone," he tweeted.

In Kathmandu, a number of centuries-old temples have been destroyed and the country's only international airport was briefly closed.

Play video "Earthquakes Cracks Road In Two"

Video: Earthquakes Cracks Road In Two
"It was a pretty massive earthquake here, the strongest I've ever felt in my life," photojournalist Nayantara, who is in Pokhara, told Sky News.

"There is quite a lot of damage. The building I was in has quite a lot of cracks in it," she said.

Another witness tweeted: "LOTS of shaking. Hid under table, then ran outside. Still feel like swaying. Cables/walls down."

"Lots of panic, people wandering in the streets," @jonk said, adding that people were gathering in the middle of an intersection to avoid falling debris.

1/6
Earthquake triggers Everest avalanche. Credit Azim Afif
PLEASE CREDIT Azim Afif
Gallery: Nepal Quake Triggers Everest Avalanche

Gallery: Nepal Quake Triggers Everest Avalanche

Prime Minister David Cameron tweeted: "Shocking news about the earthquake in Nepal - the UK will do all we can to help those caught up in it."

Labour leader Ed Miliband also expressed his sympathy for all those involved, tweeting: "The awful scenes in Nepal are heartbreaking. My thoughts go out to the people affected, and to those caring for survivors."

Meanwhile, people are using social media to try and contact their loved ones who may have been caught up in the quake.

A Google Person Finder tool has been set up and a Facebook page has also been created, which has been liked more than 5,000 times.

Play video "The Latest From Everest"

Video: The Latest From Everest
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 25 Apr 2015, 8:32 pm

Italy Arrests 18 Jihadis in planned Vatican bombing 

No worries. Pope Francis said  that equating Islam with violence is wrong. Boom!

Italy: Terror suspects planned an attack on Vatican, By Colleen Barry, Times of Israel, April 24, 2015
After authorities arrest 18 alleged jihadists, prosecutor says cell prepared, then abandoned bombing in 2010

General view of the crowd gathered for the canonization mass of Popes John XXIII and John Paul II at St Peter’s square at the Vatican on April 27, 2014. (photo credit: AFP/Vincenzo Pinto)
General view of the crowd gathered for the canonization mass of Popes John XXIII and John Paul II at St Peter’s square at the Vatican on April 27, 2014. (photo credit: AFP/Vincenzo Pinto)

MILAN (AP) — Islamic extremists suspected in a bomb attack in a Pakistani market that killed more than 100 people had also planned an attack against the Vatican in 2010 that was never carried out, an Italian prosecutor said Friday.
Get The Times of Israel’s Daily Edition by email
and never miss our top stories Free Sign up!

Wiretaps collected as part of investigation into an Islamic terror network operating in Italy gave “signals of some preparation for a possible attack” at the Vatican, prosecutor Mauro Mura told a news conference in Cagliari, Sardinia. That included the arrival of a suicide bomber in Rome. He eventually left Italy, Mura said, although it wasn’t clear why.
The revelation about the planned attack against the Vatican came Friday as police said they were arresting 18 suspected extremists, including two purported bodyguards for Osama bin Laden, accused of staging attacks in Pakistan aimed at stopping that government’s actions against the Taliban.
At the time of the suspected plot to bomb the Vatican, Pope Benedict XVI was still reeling from the effects in the Muslim world of a 2006 speech in Regensburg, Germany, in which he quoted a Byzantine emperor who characterized some of the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad as “evil and inhuman,” particularly “his command to spread by the sword the faith.”
While relations with the Muslim world were eventually repaired, tensions flared again in 2011 when Cairo’s al-Azhar institute, the pre-eminent theological school of Sunni Islam, suspended interfaith talks with the Vatican after Benedict called for greater protections for Egypt’s minority Christians.
More recently, Italian officials have made clear they take seriously the threat of the Islamic State group to conquer Rome and the seat of Christianity. Security has been beefed up at the Vatican and the head of the Swiss Guards has said they are ready but that they have no information about an imminent threat.
Pope Francis himself has said he realizes he may be a target but that he fears mostly for the innocent crowds who come to see him every time he’s in public.
The investigation was launched in 2005, but Mura said it was slowed when news of the investigation leaked to the media, alerting the suspects that they were being watched.
Authorities said some of the suspects sought in the probe were responsible for “numerous bloody acts of terrorism in Pakistan,” including the October 2009 explosion in a market in Peshawar in which more than 100 people died. Telephone wiretaps indicated that two of the suspects were part of a network of people who protected bin Laden in Pakistan, a police statement said.
Police said the aim of the terror network was to create an insurrection against the Pakistani government.
- See more at: http://pamelageller.com/2015/04/italy-arrests-18-jihadis-in-planned-vatican-bombing.html/#sthash.c1ySEIXL.dpuf
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 15 Apr 2015, 9:50 am

Egypt to punish tunnel diggers with life in jail

AFP, Cairo
Sunday, 12 April 2015
Egypt's President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi on Sunday issued a decree making the digging or use of illegal tunnels in border areas punishable by life in jail.

The army has intensified efforts to destroy such underground tunnels connecting the restive Sinai Peninsula to the Palestinian Gaza Strip, since the ouster of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi in July 2013.
It says hundreds have already been destroyed and a one-kilometer buffer zone built across the border with Gaza to prevent the infiltration of militants, and smuggling of goods and weapons.
"Anyone who digs or prepares or uses a road, a passage, or an underground tunnel in the country's border areas with the purpose of connecting with a foreign entity or state, its citizens or residents... will face life in prison," said the decree published in the official gazette.
The decree says people who are aware of such illegal routes and fail to inform the authorities about them will face the same punishment.
Life imprisonment in Egypt amounts to 25 years in jail.
Egyptian authorities accuse militants of the Palestinian movement Hamas, which controls Gaza, of using the tunnels to infiltrate the country in a bid to aid jihadists who have killed scores of security personnel in slew of attacks.
The Egyptian affiliate of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) group has spearheaded attacks against security forces in North Sinai.
Formerly known as Ansar Beit al-Maqdis, the group that now calls itself "The Sinai Province" claimed responsibility for two bomb attacks on Sunday that killed 12 people in North Sinai.
Last Update: Sunday, 12 April 2015 KSA 22:42 - GMT 19:42
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 10 Apr 2015, 9:52 pm

PRESIDENT OF ECUADOR: '¡Heil Hitler!'
Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa tweeted "Heil Hitler" on Thursday in response to an opposition politician's tweet about his regime.

The opposition politician, Guillermo Cochez, had tweeted out a video in which Osvaldo Hurtado, the former Ecuadorian president, was speaking at an event and called Correa's regime "fascist."
Cochez, Panama's former ambassador to the Organization of American States, is known for walking out of a meeting of the body after calling Venezuela a "sick democracy" and a "classic dictatorship."
People in the US don't really talk about Ecuador much, but this is a troubling reminder that we shouldn't forget to look south. Correa's government is part of ALBA, a block of countries created by Hugo Chavez, the former president of Venezuela. ALBA stands for Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our America, and its members do NOT like the US.
As for Ecuador specifically, there are two solid reasons we should pay attention to what's going on down there. First is the country's increasingly spotty record on human rights.
From Human Rights Watch:
After being re-elected to a third term in February 2013, President Rafael Correa promulgated a sweeping new Communications Law in June regulating broadcast and print media, which undercuts press freedom. The Correa government continues to subject members of the media to public recrimination. Prosecutors use overly broad counterterrorism and sabotage offences against government critics who engage in public protests. Other ongoing problems include vaguely worded restrictions affecting civil society organizations, and asylum application procedures that do not provide rigorous safeguards that international standards require.
The second reason to pay attention is Ecuador's precarious economic situation. The country relies on oil exports for a quarter of its revenue and therefore has been in a lot of pain as the price of oil has fallen by more than half since last year. In January it had to get some financing from China to avoid more budget cuts, and at that point it seemed Ecuador's budget shortfall would be about $10 billion.
Of course that was then. Months later, oil's price is still down.
"When the economic crisis hits Ecuador it's going to hit overnight," Joseph Humire, founder of the research organization Center for a Secure Free Society, told Business Insider in a phone interview.
Unlike Venezuela, its bigger, richer neighbor, Ecuador is still pegged to the dollar. That means it can't manipulate its currency to stay afloat as Venezuela does.
correa maduroREUTERS/Gary Granja Correa with Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro in Quito in December.
Humire fears that if the economic crisis hits hard, Correa's government will see that as the time to set up another financial framework that takes the dollar out of the question. It could be a Russian-backed or Chinese-backed framework, as Correa's relationship with those countries has strengthened.
And lets just say, their controls on shady financial activity aren't as tight as those of the US.
"Ecuador's one of the top six money-laundering countries in the world," Humire said. "They're using state mechanisms to launder. It's the same as what Venezuela did with PDVSA," its state oil company, "except through PetroEcuador."
Right now US President Barack Obama is in Panama for a summit with Latin American countries. Maybe his people and Correa's people should chat.
NOW WATCH: Beautiful drone video of epic trip across South America

Read more: http://uk.businessinsider.com/president-of-ecuador-heil-hitler-2015-4?r=US#ixzz3WwSJ4CUy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 24 Jan 2015, 5:35 pm

Portugal poised to adopt Jewish return law
Portugal, which expelled Jews in 1536, are offering descendants of the local Sephardi community the right of return.
By JTA    | Jan. 22, 2015 
Portugal’s law on naturalizing descendants of Sephardi Jews could become effective before March 15, a leader of the country’s Jewish community said.

The law, passed by parliament in 2013, is expected to be approved by Portugal’s Council of Ministers on Thursday, the president of Lisbon’s Jewish community, Jose Oulman Carp, told JTA. The final wording is to be published by February 6, he said.
"We expect the law to be effective by mid-February or the beginning of March 2015," Oulman Carp added.
According to the legislation, “the government will give nationality … to Sephardi Jews of Portuguese ancestry who belong to a tradition of a Portuguese-descended Sephardi community, based on objective prerequisites proving a connection to Portugal through names, language and ancestry."
Oulman Carp said it also will apply to non-Jewish descendants of Sephardim, Oulman Carp said.
Existing legislation on the naturalization of Sephardim has not been applied because it still does not contain regulations for bureaucrats, which may be published along with the final letter of the law.
The authors described the legislation as an act of atonement for the expulsion of Portuguese Jewry in 1536 during the Portuguese Inquisition. Similar legislation is underway in Spain, where it awaits a final vote in Congress. Hundreds of thousands of Jews fled Iberia from 1492 on because of Church-led persecution.
In both countries, legislators and government officials said Jewish communities would be consulted and perhaps made partially in charge of screening applicants. The Jewish community of Lisbon, where the vast majority of Portugal’s 800 Jews live, has rejected applications because the final letter of the law has not yet been published, Oulman Carp said.
“Most of the applications will be channeled through the local Portuguese consulate of the applicant’s country of residence,” he said.
The significantly smaller Jewish community of Porto, however, announced last month in a statement that it was already receiving applications and that the first applicant was an American former model and descendant of Joseph Karo, a renowned rabbi who lived in the 15th century in the Iberian Peninsula. She was not named.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 21 Jan 2015, 11:31 pm

Crime Went Down 30% in this Country when they Deported Radical Muslims By AM
January 18, 2015 

Norway has started a campaign against crime. They started deporting Muslims connected to radical groups.

Violent crime in Norway is down more than 30%. Liberals are calling this “racism.”
Norway planned to deport over 7,100 radicals in 2014.
The majority of deportees had returned to Norway illegally or had committed crimes.
Only 2.3% of Norway’s population is Muslim according to the CIA World Factbook.
121460-sydney-riot.gif
Do you think it would a good program for America as well?
If so, please SHARE with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
H/T: Conservative Tribune

http://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-tv-shows-iranian-missile-that-can-reach-far-beyond-europe/
Israeli TV shows ‘Iranian missile’ that ‘can reach far beyond Europe’
Satellite images taken outside Tehran feature first look at long-range missile newly developed by Iran, TV report says
BY TIMES OF ISRAEL STAFF January 21, 2015, 9:21 pm
A satellite image shown on Israel's Channel 2 news, January 21, 2015, said to show a new long-range Iranian missile on a launch pad outside Tehran. (Channel 2 screenshot)
ran has built a 27-meter-long missile, capable of delivering a warhead “far beyond Europe,” and placed it on a launch pad at a site close to Tehran, an Israeli television report said Wednesday, showing what it said were the first satellite images of the missile ever seen in the West.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email 
and never miss our top stories   FREE SIGN UP!

It stressed that the missile could be used to launch spacecraft or satellites, but also to carry warheads.
The Channel 2 news report showed satellite imagery documenting what it said was Iran’s “very rapid progress” on long-range missile manufacture.
It showed one photograph of a site near Tehran, which it said the West had known about for two years, where Iran was working on engines for its long-range missiles.
It then showed a satellite photograph of a second site, nearby, which featured a launch pad, with the 27-meter missile on it — an Iranian missile “never seen before” by the West.
The missile is capable of taking a manned spacecraft or satellite into space, the TV report said.
It is also capable of carrying a conventional or non-conventional warhead “far beyond Europe,” the report added.
The TV report said the satellite images were taken by the Eros B commercial Earth observation satellite, which was designed and manufactured by Israel Aircraft Industries, launched in 2006, and is owned by the Israeli firm ImageSat International.
Israel has long charged that Iran is working toward a nuclear weapons capability, and has publicly opposed any negotiated accommodation with Iran that would leave it with a uranium enrichment capability for potential nuclear weapons use.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE - Page 2 Empty NEWS AROUND THE GLOBE

Post  Admin Wed 21 Jan 2015, 5:38 pm

Merkel embarrassed by Dresden protest ban after threat to Pegida
By Alasdair Sandford | With AFP, REUTERS
19/01 22:37 CET
Danes form their own Pegida movement against islamic extremism
"I have to ensure that anywhere in Germany people can take to the streets in demonstrations because it is a fundamental right"

Several thousand people took to the streets of Berlin and other German cities on Monday night to protest their opposition to the anti-Islam movement Pegida.
It happened amid a lot of political soul-searching after a pro-Pegida march in Dresden was cancelled because of a terrorist threat.
Angela Merkel has previously condemned the group in strong language as “racists with hatred in their hearts”.
But now she and other politicians are embarrassed.
“As German Chancellor – regardless of whether I like the content – I have to ensure that anywhere in Germany people can take to the streets in demonstrations because it is a fundamental right,” Merkel said on Monday.
Police in Dresden, Pegida’s birthplace, banned all outdoor public gatherings on Monday.
It came after the authorities said they had specific warnings of a terror attack.
Pegida said it was a death threat against its founder, Lutz Bachmann.
He seemed unfazed, telling a news conference:
“Hopefully there will be another march next Monday… to expand on this, we’d prefer it if the people’s elected representatives would just do their job. Then, on Monday evenings, all of us – all 25,000 who take to the streets in Dresden – we could all go back to sitting on the couch at home and enjoying the evening at home with the family.”

After first shunning the media, Pegida is now showing signs of a change of tactics.
The group, which stands for “Patriotic Europeans against the Islamisation of the West”, did hold a rally in Berlin on Monday night.
The group denies it is racist or Islamophobic and has tried to distance itself from the far right – though some of its followers have expressed fierce anti-foreigner views.

By Alasdair Sandford | With AFP, REUTERS
German police ban anti-Islamic Pegida rally in Dresden citing terror threat
Anti-Islamic Pegida march cancelled in Dresden after "concrete threat" from Islamic State
A rally called 'Patriotic Europeans against the Islamization of the West' (PEGIDA) gathered in Dresden, eastern Germany ealier this month Photo: AP
By AFP 6:16PM GMT 18 Jan 2015
German police banned a planned rally by the anti-Islamic Pegida movement and other public open-air gatherings in the eastern city of Dresden on Monday, citing a terrorist threat.
Dresden police said on Sunday they had received information from federal and state counterparts indicating a "concrete threat" against the right-wing populist group "Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamisation of the Occident".
There had been calls for would-be "assassins to mingle among the protesters ... and to murder an individual member of the organising team of the Pegida demonstrations", police said in a notice on the 24-hour ban.
This was consistent with "an Arabic-language Tweet that called the Pegida demonstrations an enemy of Islam", it said.
Top-circulation daily Bild said online that the threat targeted Pegida's most prominent leader Lutz Bachmann.
Related Articles
Freed Yazidis: Islamic State humiliated us 18 Jan 2015
'Wave of Islamisation' sweeping Western Europe, Benjamin Netanyahu says 18 Jan 2015
Isil releases 200 captive Yazidis in Iraq 18 Jan 2015
The Pegida marches – which have voiced anger against Islam and "criminal asylum seekers" and vented a host of other grievances – began in Dresden in October with several hundred supporters and have since steadily grown.
They drew a record 25,000 people last Monday, in the wake of the attacks by radical Islamists in Paris in which 17 people were killed.
Also last Monday, some 100,000 Germans marched in nationwide counter-demonstrations against Pegida.
Dresden police said that after the latest information "and given the characteristics of terrorist attacks, we must assume the use of homicidal means and an immediate threat to life and limb of all participants of the demonstrations".
Because there were no individual suspects, Dresden police said it saw no alternative to the temporary suspension of the constitutional right to free assembly within city limits.
Pegida earlier told its followers on Facebook that its 13th planned rally had been scrapped, citing a threat from the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant jihadist group, and portraying the cancellation as its own decision.
"What in police jargon is called an 'abstract threat' has changed to a 'concrete death threat' against a member of the organising team. IS terrorists have ordered his assassination," it said in a statement.
It had decided to call off the Dresden event as it could not guarantee the security of marchers and feared "collateral damage".
In a later press release, it said that after having failed to agree with police on a way to secure the march, it had "considered it irresponsible to expose our sympathisers and our city to incalculable risks".
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2