World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel Reserve Soldiers killed
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyToday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyToday at 10:11 pm by Admin

» Open letter Jewish COLLEGE STUDENTS
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyToday at 9:42 pm by Admin

» Historic Milestone Saudi Arabia-Israel stability
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyToday at 9:08 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyToday at 5:36 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyToday at 5:19 pm by Admin

» PRO TRUTH of Israel what Pro PA want
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyToday at 4:59 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyToday at 4:19 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyYesterday at 11:56 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyYesterday at 11:44 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyYesterday at 11:05 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyYesterday at 10:59 pm by Admin

» iNSPIRATIONAL DEVOTION Israel
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyYesterday at 10:38 pm by Admin

» THE FREE PRESS
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyYesterday at 5:52 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyYesterday at 4:40 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyYesterday at 4:37 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyYesterday at 4:24 pm by Admin

» Jewish History~ WHO DOES IT BELONG TO
Daily Disciples - Page 25 EmptyYesterday at 4:22 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 25 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 36  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 25 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Sun 10 Mar 2019, 9:17 pm

March 10

Today's Reading: Deuteronomy 10; Mark 12:1-27

Today's Thoughts: Can We Know His Thoughts?

Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing His plan to His servants the prophets. Amos 3:7

Truly we, as believers, can know His plans before they happen. Many times, we hear others say, “I knew that was going to happen.” But how easy it is to say that after the fact! God is saying that we can know before.

I learned early in my walk with the Lord to be quiet before Him. I would read a Scripture passage until I felt God was speaking to me. I would determine that the Lord was speaking because the verse would seem special in some way, applicable in some way or I considered the verse to be a new thought. I would just stop and ponder and pray it back to God, asking Him to make His message clear to me for the day. In the quietness, the Lord would speak to my heart. It would start as an impression at first. I would pray about it and ask God questions about the impression until His wisdom became “louder or firmer” than my thoughts, questions and distractions. Next, I would step out in faith and test the message. If it is the Lord, He would confirm it through bringing it to pass or giving me similar messages through His Word or others.

Today, I pray this verse to the Lord, knowing that He will reveal His plan to me because I long to be His servant and want to live in His will. God is faithful and if you ask, He will answer. If you learn to be still, He will speak. If you listen, He will reveal His plan. After years of relating to the Lord like this, you will then know that you know His will before the fact, for He promises that He does nothing without revealing His plan to His servants the prophets. So the first step is to find out if you are His servant.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 08 Mar 2019, 7:46 pm

March 8

Today's Reading: Deuteronomy 4; Mark 11:1-18

Today's Thoughts: Stop to Hear His Voice

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

Which way? This way or that way? Today, there are so many paths we can follow. We have the advice of our family, friends, the media and then there is our own instinct. But how do we know the right way? How do we discern which way is really best for us?

The other day, I counseled a woman who was convinced that she was doing God’s will by serving the church. She gave of herself, her finances, and her time. She experienced the Lord’s help as He gave her great ideas and even multiplied her time to keep going. But, soon, she came to me full of bitterness, disillusioned by the people and the staff. She felt confused and angry. She asked questions like, “How could this be God’s way? How could they so disregard her following the Lord? And where was He in their actions?”

We ask the same questions, “Which way Lord? What is Your will, Lord?” and then we follow the direction He gives. But sometimes, we find ourselves angry and resentful. How come? What happens? Frequently, God answers our prayer and uses us and guides us. However, once He has shown us what He wants, frequently we stop asking for further wisdom and counsel and just go on our own way in the name of the Lord. This verse talks about God speaking from behind us. And why would God need to speak from behind us unless we have run ahead of Him? So often, He leads us to a certain place, position, or calling, then we run ahead. When we run ahead, we lose His way and make it our way. That is what happened to my friend who was seeking counsel. She knew that the Lord had one job for her to do. When that job was completed and very blessed, she determined in her heart to do more. More wasn’t asked of her by the church or by the Lord. And it is because of the “more” that she grew angry. God now called to her from behind to lead her forward in a new direction or way to walk.

God is faithful. He will lead you and answer you when you call out to Him. Just remember to keep asking continually as you proceed. Always follow His leading. If you begin to experience anger, bitterness and judgmental thoughts, you have probably run ahead of God. Stop until you can hear His voice from behind you.  He will lead you back into His way and help you to walk in it.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 07 Mar 2019, 3:47 pm

March 7

Today’s Readings: Deuteronomy 1; Mark 10:32-52

Today’s Thoughts: A Blind Man’s Prayer Request

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" Mark 10:47

In Mark 10:46-53, Jesus left the city with a large crowd following close behind. Most likely this crowd was creating a great deal of noise and excitement. A blind man begging for help would be sensitive to hear the activities as the people scuffled by.  It is amazing that a blind beggar would know about “Jesus of Nazareth” and somehow would know that Jesus could help him. The blind man cried out, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” While Jesus walked on earth, He answered that kind of prayer frequently. It must have been music in our Savior’s ears, because that is why Jesus came, to grant mercy to blind beggars like you and me. Jesus stopped, called to him and asked, “What do you want me to do for you?” This man could have asked for money or help with some other desperate need, but instead he asked specifically for his sight. Jesus said that his faith healed him as the beggar immediately received his sight.

There are many situations and circumstances in our lives where we are blind to the will of God. But how many of us cry out to God for mercy?  How many of us really bring our specific need to the Savior to ask for His touch? Too many times, we are faithless to ask for what we really want. Too many times, we hear that Jesus is near but are apprehensive to call out to Him. This blind beggar received what he asked for. This blind beggar knew that Jesus could touch him and change him. He did not hold back but yelled into a crowd full of people. Jesus says in Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”We need to take Jesus at His word. We need to understand that God desires to grant mercy and He wants us (the spiritually blind) to see. Are you in need of His mercy today? Tell Jesus what You want Him to do for you…tell Him that you need Him today. Just think, it is not necessary to yell or push through a crowd – He is just a prayer away.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 03 Mar 2019, 8:05 pm

March 3

Today's Reading: Numbers 26; Mark 8

Today's Thoughts: Let the Lord Decide

”Why should the name of our father be removed from among his family because he had no son? Give us a possession among our father's brothers." So Moses brought their case before the Lord. And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: "The daughters of Zelophehad speak what is right; you shall surely give them a possession of inheritance among their father's brothers, and cause the inheritance of their father to pass to them. - Numbers 27:4-7

In front of one of our public schools, there is a banner that says, “We celebrate fairness.” My son commented on it the other day and said, “But life isn’t fair." There is a time in each of our lives that we realize that the ways of the world are not always right, good and fair. And each of us does have to come to terms with the ways of the world. However, because we are believers, we do not have to accept the things at hand but we can go to God for everything that troubles us, especially when life does not seem fair.

These daughters in Numbers 27 realized that it would be unfair to not receive an inheritance from their father just because they are girls. The possessions went to the men in those days and not women. No one considered it a dilemma because when the girls got married, they received land under their husbands. But these ladies didn’t want to settle for their husband’s land. God had given land to families and their father’s land would now go to another family. This was not fair.   They wanted their father to receive from the Lord as everyone else. God agreed.

When we face issues in our lives that do not seem fair, we need to go to God. Even though the world is not fair, Jesus has overcome the world. We should not just accept the ways of the world or the laws of the land when they vary from God’s Word or His Promises. These girls knew the laws of God and asked for specific interventions on their behalf. Often, laws are written for the majority but our God also listens to the minority. Come to Him if you are struggling and let the Lord decide what is “fair” for you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 02 Mar 2019, 8:49 pm

March 2

Today's Reading: Numbers 23; Mark 7:14-37

Today's Thoughts: The Fast I Have Chosen

"Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, To undo the heavy burdens, To let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke? Isaiah 58:6 

I remember the first time I ever fasted. I spent most of the time looking at the clock and thinking about my stomach. But I have kept the practice of fasting regularly, despite the discomforts in my body. Throughout the years, I have committed to several different types of fasts and for different, yet specific, reasons. I have experienced mountain-top highs and dark-valley lows during times of fasting. I have learned that fasting in its essence is a time of cleansing and purifying, which means I spend a lot of the time confessing and repenting of my sins. When all is said and done; however, fasting has been one of the most powerful tools in my walk with Christ.

The main thing I had to understand very early in my experiences with fasting was that if I tried to do it on my own, then failure seemed to be the result. I have proclaimed fasts for reasons that were not from God. I have determined the type and the length of a fast, then seen it completely fall apart in my weakness. Now when I fast, I try to make certain that it is the fast God has chosen, otherwise, I end up feeling worse.

Today’s verse gives us an example of the type of fast God chooses for us. Fasting is an excellent weapon against the enemy’s strongholds and bondage in our lives. God appoints certain times of fasting for us to find freedom from wicked bonds and heavy yokes that burden us down. The question for us: are we willing to make the sacrifice for spiritual freedom? It is not easy, but it is so worth it. Are you struggling with an area of bondage? Do you feel burdened and cannot seem to overcome? Pray for clear direction as you ask the Lord to lead you in to a specific fast for your situation. He may impress upon you to fast from certain foods or television shows or daily activities. I believe God honors any attempt we make at fasting, whether it is a food fast or something else. I also believe that He needs to be involved from the very beginning; otherwise, we may ditch it earlier than planned. Pray about fasting and see what God shows you. This may be just the break you have been waiting for.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 01 Mar 2019, 4:54 pm

March 1

Today's Reading: Numbers 20; Mark 7:1-13

Today's Thoughts: Match Outside to Inside 

Then the Pharisees and Scribes asked Him, "Why do Your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashed hands?" He answered and said to them, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: 'This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. and in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'  "For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men--the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do." Mark 7:5-8

I was speaking with someone the other day who used to take part in Bible studies. Although she did not tell me exactly why she is not presently involved in a Bible study, she did share with me an observation that I knew was at the root of her issue.  She commented that people act a certain way in church but a different way outside of it. Obviously, she was bothered by the Christian’s hypocritical behavior. Many of us look really good on the outside but are falling apart on the inside. In other words, we put on a good show. The problem is when we try to put on an act before the Lord. We honor Him with our lips but our hearts are far from Him. Jesus wants the truth of what is in our hearts, not how we portray ourselves on the outside. Clearly He sees the thoughts and intents of our hearts.

The Pharisees kept the law and man's traditions to the strictest of standards. Their hands were ceremonially cleansed before they touched any bread to eat. Even their utensils were cleansed with the same ceremony. The outside looked spotless to the point that they believed themselves to be more spiritual and pure than those who did not perform these rituals. The same is true for people in the church today. Many Christians work hard at being righteous and look the part to those around them, but God knows what is in their hearts. If our activities are whitewashed by man's traditions, then the fruit of that will be seen in our behaviors. There will be a lack of sincerity and realness with people. Not only does the Lord see through it, but so do others.

Where is your heart today? Are you worshiping with your lips or with sincerity in your heart? Do not just keep going through the motions, whether in your ministry services, church activities or daily checklist of religious do's and don'ts. Get real with the Lord today. Be careful in following the traditions of man to the extent that the Lord is far from your heart. Pray that your outside will match your inside and ask the Lord to remove your fears about how real that might look. If we all would commit to this process, we might just see a lot more people in Bible studies and church.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 28 Feb 2019, 12:34 pm

February 28

Today's Reading: Numbers 17; Mark 6:30-56

Today’s Thoughts: Knowing God Loves You

The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17

I remember a day a few years ago when I was talking with someone who kept quoting Zephaniah 3:17. He was deeply impacted by the words in this verse to the point that he could not withhold his emotions. What was interesting about this conversation was that this man had spent his life in the ministry, serving in various capacities from missionary to seminary professor. He knew the Lord, walked with Him, talked with Him and loved Him with all of his heart, but did he really understand how much God loved Him?

The same is true for many of us today. We proclaim our love for the Lord. We pray to know Him more. We deeply desire a life that is fruitful and pleasing to Him. And for the most part, I believe that we spend more time thinking and praying about how to please God and how to live our lives in accordance with His will, than we spend thinking about how much He loves us. How often do you personally stop and think, “God loves me…He is rejoicing over me right now”? We tend to think that God is disappointed or upset with us instead of thinking about how much He loves and adores us. Why? Because so much of our thought processes are shaped by the world, not by the love of God. And we have an enemy who feeds right into those negative thoughts and will do anything he can to keep us from experiencing that peace and joy that comes from Jesus.

I encourage you today to write down this verse, meditate on it, and memorize it. Keep repeating it over in your heart and mind and let the Lord Himself speak these words into the depths of your soul. The Lord God is with you and will save you. He rejoices over you, quiets you with His love and sings to you. Can you believe it? Yes! God’s Word is truth and you can trust that these words are spoken just for you. The man who spent his life in ministry was on the brink of retirement before he finally realized the truth of these words. Jesus wants you to know this truth today. Experience His love, peace and joy right now.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 24 Feb 2019, 12:16 pm

February 24

Today's Reading: Numbers 7; Mark 4:21-41

Today's Thoughts: Money Issues

Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life. 1 Timothy 6:17-19

How do we keep a spiritual perspective about money while living in our materialistic society? Money seems like a good thing, even spiritually speaking. How can Paul say that wealth is so uncertain but the after-life is such a thing?

Often Jesus would be speaking to someone about the eternal while they would interpret His words in the temporal. For example, when Jesus talked about the living water and the bread of life, He was speaking of spiritual elements that affect our earthly lives. But the Samaritan woman asked for the living water so she wouldn't have to return to the well, and the people asked for the bread Jesus promised because they wanted to be fed continually on earth.

Like Jesus, Paul is saying the same things in these verses above. He is trying to help us focus on eternal values by using temporal tools. Paul is saying: “Do not trust in your money to provide for your needs, but depend on God.” He is explaining that we should give our earthly materials generously and willingly for God's kingdom. By keeping a spiritual perspective on earth, we are laying for ourselves a firm foundation in the life that is to come. Paul is saying to use your money on earth for the things of God. This way, God's work will continue here, while laying a firm foundation for you in the coming age.

"No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will hold to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.” Matthew 6:24

Pray about it: Lord, help me to have a spiritual perspective towards money. Help me to be generous and willing to share. I want to lay up treasures in heaven but I need help to trust in you to provide for my needs on earth. Please increase my faith.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 11 Feb 2019, 9:28 pm

February 11

Today's Reading: Leviticus 11; Matthew 26:1-25

Today's Thoughts: Extraordinary Prayer

"God heeded the voice of man" Joshua 10:14 
There are numerous scriptures and stories throughout the Bible that encourage us to pray. Prayer is so important in our lives as Christians, yet it often gets reduced to either 911-type cries for help or routine words that we are accustomed to praying. In the case of Joshua and the battle with the Amorites, he asked the Lord for a miracle of major proportions. Joshua dared to ask God that the sun would not set until their enemies were defeated. Not only did God answer Joshua's prayer but verse 14 further states that "there has been no day like that, before it or after it, that the Lord heeded the voice of a man; for the Lord fought for Israel." The Lord listened and responded to the voice of man.

Does God heed the voice of man today? James 5:16 says that the effective fervent prayers of a righteous man avails much. Jesus tells us to ask, seek and knock and that whatever we ask in His name will be given. The key to answered prayers, however, is in praying God's will. Because we have the Holy Spirit and the Word of God, we can know how to pray God's will for our lives (I should add "better know" because there are still times when we all struggle to truly understand how to pray the will of God.) But regardless of what we know or how we pray, the point is that we need to pray to the Lord for everything. We should not hold back from asking the Lord for anything we want. It is up to Him to decide if or how He answers.

This day in Joshua's life was extraordinary to say the least. God gave him extra daylight time to completely destroy the five kings who had fled from him. God not only answered Joshua's prayer, but He divinely intervened in this battle Himself. When God has a plan, no one can thwart or hinder what He is going to do. Sometimes we need to pray just for peace in the situation we are in, knowing that the Lord will have His way no matter what we do or do not do. God kept His promises to Joshua and the Israelites and He demonstrated His faithfulness to them in amazing ways.

Is this the same God in our lives today? Absolutely! Do not stop praying and do not allow the enemy to hinder your faith in your prayers. The Lord may not extend our days by keeping the sun from setting, but there are miracles that He does perform in our lives that hold just as much impact. Has God given you promises? Believe in faith that He will fulfill them in your life, maybe not in your timing or by your methods, but in His. He is the same God today as He was to Joshua. Are you expecting the same of Him?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 09 Feb 2019, 6:00 pm

February 9

Today's Reading: Leviticus 6; Matthew 25:1-30

Today's Thoughts: To Seek Him Face to Face

So I said: "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The LORD of hosts." Isaiah 6:5

As Christians, our desire is to be with Jesus. Personally, I would love to see Him face-to-face. I would talk to Him about my heart's desires and goals, and even if He didn't respond, I would love to read His facial expressions. To be in the presence of the Lord seems like the best thing imaginable.

Isaiah did not have to imagine it; however, because he experienced it. Of course, his experience is more accurate than my imagination. Isaiah did see the Lord, but Isaiah did not talk about himself or go over his prayer requests in God's presence. Isaiah was confronted with his sin. Isaiah was also aware of the sins of the people and the inadequacy all of us face in the presence of the Lord. Isaiah realized that we are all undone, unworthy and unclean. We have no way of changing these things for we live in a midst of people and within a world of sinfulness. Seeing the Lord brings forth a holy fear that we are nothing and we deserve nothing.

It is amazing to me that Isaiah brings attention to his unclean lips (instead of his eyes having seen the Lord). The angel had a treatment for his unclean lips, touched by a coal from God's altar. With that process, Isaiah's iniquity was taken away and his sin purged. Why his lips and not his heart or his eyes?

If you think about what Jesus taught, the lips make sense in the spiritual realm. Jesus said that out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks (Luke 6:45). Isaiah's lips represent his heart. Isaiah would respond to the call of God, but in order to go and speak for God, his heart needed to be touched.

This same process starts with our eyes being opened to our unworthiness as we come before the presence of God. Then, we will realize that our heart needs to be cleansed so we can represent Him with the words of our lips. This is a continual process. It is easy to be swayed away and think we are being used by God because of our works of righteousness. It is not about us. We need to be about Jesus.

Today, ask Him to send you. Respond to His call. But first, set your eyes on the Lord's majesty, awesomeness and purity. Understand that you are not worthy to be used but He has made a way to wash you through the blood of Christ so that you can speak for Him from a cleansed heart. All you have to say is, "Here am I! Send me."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 08 Feb 2019, 12:30 pm

February 8

Today's Reading: Leviticus 4; Matthew 24:29-51

Today's Thoughts: The Power of Unity

Now the whole earth had one language and one speech. And they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth." But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built. And the Lord said, "Indeed the people are one and they all have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them. Genesis 11:1, Genesis 11:4-6

The tower of Babel is a familiar story in the Old Testament. After the flood, Noah and his sons were fruitful and multiplied, populating the "whole earth." The people had one major commonality: they all spoke the same language. In the course of time, many of them moved into the same region and decided to build a city together. This city would have a tall tower, one so spectacular that they would be well-known for creating such an awesome sight.

Their intentions concerned the Lord as He looked upon what they were doing. Once again, man was heading in a direction of self-serving, self-loving ambition that would only lead them farther away from God. God intervened and confused their speech. No one understood each other anymore, hence Babel means confusion. The tower of Babel represented the place where the people's language was no longer of one accord. God scattered the people abroad, with only those who understood each other staying together and multiplying.

Though this story is quite familiar, as I read through it again, I noticed something very interesting. In verse 6, the Lord recognizes that the people have a unity of such power that "nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them." The NIV Bible uses the phrase "nothing will be impossible" for them. Even though these people were in sin, their unified focus gave them an extraordinary ability to achieve the impossible.

How much more can we achieve if we work together as the body of Christ? The apostle Paul tells us that gifts were given individually to those in the body of Christ to work together as one for the whole body of Christ.

As Christians, we need to recognize our power in being unified together. When we stand together for a common purpose, surely nothing can stop us. Unfortunately, we too often stand alone. Pray about getting involved in your church ministries. How can you join forces with the body of Christ to help achieve certain goals? The only thing that usually stops us is fear. But don't worry, instead of God coming down to confuse our language, He will come down to help us better understand each other through His Word.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 07 Feb 2019, 6:02 pm

February 7

Today’s Reading: Leviticus 1; Matthew 24:1-28

Today's Thoughts: In Order

The sons of Aaron the priest shall put fire on the altar, and lay the wood in order on the fire. Leviticus 1:7

I was reading a few weeks ago about Abraham preparing the altar for Isaac. Abraham had laid the wood in order on the altar before placing Isaac on it. The more I looked at the words “in order” the more I wondered why the wood had to be laid in a specific manner. How could wood be distinguished in such a way as to know if it was “in order” or not?

The Lord brought to my mind the other ways that He established His order for things. In Exodus 28:10, the names of the tribes of Israel were placed on the breastplate of the ephod in order of their birth. In Exodus chapter 40, Moses places the articles of the tabernacle in the order as God had instructed him. Even the showbread was placed “in order” on the table “as the Lord had commanded Moses.” (Exodus 40:23) We see God’s purpose for order in many places in Scripture.

Our God is a God of order and He takes it very seriously. Isaiah, the prophet, told King Hezekiah "Thus says the Lord: 'Set your house in order, for you shall die, and not live.' (2 Kings 20:1) Hezekiah was not going to die because his house was not in order, but because he had a sickness unto death. The Lord wanted his house in order before he died.

This priority of order is also seen in the New Testament as Paul would tell the Corinthians to “let all things be done decently and in order.” (1 Corinthians 14:40) He was referring to how the gifts were being used in the church as relating to the conduct of the people.

Is your house in order today? Did you know that is an important part of our walk with the Lord? When our houses are in order, we have more peace and contentment than when they are in disarray. As women, we set the tone for the home and are accountable before the Lord for how we honor and obey Him in our responsibilities. Are you struggling with disorder?

Ask the Lord to reveal ways you can improve things that are out of order in your life. If God wants wood to be put in order, how much more does He want our homes and days in order? We just need to start asking Him to show us how. We need to be willing to give Him the first fruits of our days and let Him lead us in the rest of it.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 02 Feb 2019, 3:35 pm

February 2

Today's Reading: Exodus 29; Matthew 21:23-46

Today's Thoughts: Growing Up

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 1 Cor. 13:11

When we first come to Christ, we are like babies. We crawl, then we wobble and stumble until we finally start to walk. Once we learn to walk, we want to walk faster, farther and without hindrances. Then we realize that the only way to go is upward, aiming for heaven. We do not want to move sideways any longer, but straight up. So we look up and try to figure out how to move up with the same pace… farther, faster, and without hindrances.

But God does not desire for us to move up as of yet. In John 17:15, Jesus prayed, “I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.” Being taken out of the world would be to move up and to get out of here. That is the natural desire of our heart when we really come to know Jesus. We just want to be with Him and we just want to see Him and please Him. Wouldn’t it be great if the moment we met the Lord on earth, He brought us up to heaven?

We would accept Him in faith on earth but immediately see Him face-to-face in heaven. But…that was not His will nor His prayer for us. His desire is that we learn to advance from crawling to walking. His desire is that we walk by faith. Walking by faith does not come naturally. The believer’s stages of development are not easy but necessary. The Lord wants us to become mature, healthy, spirit-filled believers able to continue the work He began. Growing up is difficult because it always involves discipline. We are not born physically or spiritually knowing what is right and wrong.

Many times we need to learn through trial and error. God is patient and loving to guide us and love us through those hard times of discipline. So, the Lord’s plan for us is not to move up, but to grow up.

Pray about it: Oh Lord, thank You for being my Lord. You love me so much to help me through every stage of growth and maturity. Remind me that You are always on my side, guiding me and directing me to the next stage for my own good. Mature me so that You may use me. I love You Lord. Let my life reflect my love for You.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 01 Feb 2019, 5:34 pm

February 1

Today's Reading:  Exodus 27; Matthew 21

Today's Thoughts: Just Ask

So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' it will be done. And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." - Matthew 21:21-22

My sister called the other day complaining about her boss at work. She began telling me about the problems she was having on her job and how they were beginning to disrupt her home life. How many of us can relate to this? After listening to her stories, I realized that the root of the problem stemmed from a breakdown in communication between my sister and her boss. As the picture came into focus, I realized that my sister had issues (wants, needs, desires) that needed addressing. However, she was not telling all of this to her boss. In other words, she somehow expected her boss to know and understand what she needed. I told her that maybe she should tell her boss what her issues were and ask for help. Sounds easy enough, but for some reason, we just do not know how to ask for the things we want or how to discuss the problems we are having in certain situations.

What about our prayer lives? Do we ask the Lord for the desires of our hearts? Do we honestly tell the Lord our problems, even when they involve Him? Today's verses clearly instruct us on how to pray. We are to have faith and not doubt. We must come to the Lord in prayer and truly believe in our hearts that He hears us and will answer us. The faith to move mountains is amazing faith and is available to all of us, if we believe. Try not to get hung up on how to pray, what to pray and praying God's will. Just go to the Lord and ask, believe, and receive. Even though God already knows our hearts' desires, we need to ask Him for them because it increases our faith and blesses us in the process. Remember this: the Lord will answer as He sees best. That is why faith is so important in our prayers. We must trust in God's final answer, regardless of what we think. If our prayers are continuing without ceasing, alongside His Word, and from our honest hearts, then His answers will be received in our hearts of faith.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 30 Jan 2019, 3:46 pm

January 30

Today's Reading: Exodus 23; Matthew 20:1-16

Today's Thoughts: Little by Little

Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased, and you inherit the land. - Exodus 23:30

In Chapter 23, God grants the Israelites various promises, including utterly overthrowing and completely cutting off their enemies. The Lord further states that He will bless their bread and water and take their sicknesses away. With the Lord on their side, the Israelites cannot lose.  But in verse 30, the Lord says that He will fulfill His promises by driving out their enemies little by little. Why? Why doesn't God just wipe their enemies out like He did the Egyptians as they entered the Red Sea? What benefit is there to do it little by little?

Exodus 23:29 says "I will not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land become desolate and the beast of the field become too numerous for you." In other words, a place of instant abundance and blessings would be harmful for the Israelites. Blessings are not true blessings unless they come when we are able to handle them. Think of areas in your life that you would love to see the Lord work in you today. Maybe you need deliverance from sin that seems to have trapped you or maybe it is your finances. The list can go on and on. God wants to deliver you and bless you, but He will only give you what you can handle. God knows what is best for us. Even the blessings can become curses if we do not have the wisdom, maturity and honesty to handle them.

The Lord's timing is never too late nor too slow. He is patient and kind, assessing the whole situation, so that when He fulfills His promises in you, you will be able to receive them in peace. We want the quick fix or the instant gratification. We want the immediate and the miraculous. However, God's ways are not our ways and He desires to give us a future life in His promises. Little by little, complete victory will be yours by having faith and patience day by day.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 30 Jan 2019, 12:03 am

January 29

Today's Reading: Exodus 21; Matthew 19

Today's Thoughts: Faith, or seeking a sign?

But He sighed deeply in His spirit, and said, "Why does this generation seek a sign? Assuredly, I say to you, no sign shall be given to this generation." - Mark 8:12

There are four gospels that describe the life of Jesus, from His birth to His death. Even though these accounts were written by different men at different times, many of their stories are literally identical in the details. Even though each gospel is unique in its own way, many of the miracles and events are shared throughout them. How is this possible? Have any of us ever told the same story the exact same way the second time? And anyone who tells the story next would no doubt make changes to it. The only way this is possible is through the Holy Spirit of God. Paul tells us in 2 Timothy 3:16 that “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God.” Yet many people still refuse to believe that the Bible is completely inerrant and perfect in its every detail.

One of the miracles told in all four gospels is how Jesus fed the people with a few fish and some loaves of bread. On one occasion He fed five thousand people and on another, He fed four thousand, having leftovers each time. In Mark chapter eight, the religious people are the ones questioning Jesus, asking Him for a “sign.” After all that Jesus had done in this miracle alone, the people still did not believe in Him. What other sign could He possibly give them? Jesus performed miracle after miracle for the three years of His ministry, in full view of everybody looking. He even foretold of His death, which happened just as was prophesied, but many would still not believe. I am sure the Lord sighs deeply even now, in those times when He shows Himself so clearly to someone, yet they refuse to believe Him. They want more proof.

There is a reason that Hebrews 11:6 states that faith is the only way to please God. The Lord knows how hard it is for us to really believe in Him and His promises. Look up and see all that Jesus is doing in your life right now. Do you trust Him or are you still seeking a sign from Him for more proof? If you are struggling in your faith, ask the Lord to increase your faith. So often in life, we get so far down the road before we realize what God did for us a long time before. If only we could realize His signs when He is working in our lives and praise Him for His faithfulness to us. Are you seeking a sign today? Seek Jesus first and you may just notice all kinds of signs that you have been missing.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 28 Jan 2019, 11:38 pm

January 28

Today's Reading: Exodus 19; Matthew 18:21-35

Today's Thoughts: Patience

Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain. James 5:7

I always cringe just a little (if not a lot) when I see the words "be patient." Not long ago we spoke at an event that had an interesting theme. The theme for this event embraced the honey "bee" and even the decorations had some kind of bee on it. There were stuffed animal-type bees, candy bees, and even flower corsages that a bee would love to buzz around. You get my drift. When we sat down at a table, there was a bee placed in front of each glass. The bee had a saying on it. Mine said, "be kind." The one next to me said, "be patient." I was so glad I got the "be kind" bee. Then, out of the blue, we were asked to move over one place and there it was—"be patient" staring back at me. I knew I was in trouble.

Since then I have had to wait on many things. Traffic seems extremely slow, far more than normal. This morning, we got stuck in a parking lot that was being paved and literally could not get out of it. We were running late for a meeting. And then, I went to the eye doctor. At five minutes past the hour, I heard him coming. Yea, he is right on schedule! Then, an emergency phone call came from nowhere. I waited 45 minutes. I sat in a semi-dark room and had a talk with God. He told me to be kind to everyone in that office and to keep waiting patiently. As I left, the doctor shook my hand, gave me a discount on the office visit, the receptionist gave me some free stuff, and another girl expressed to me that it had been a very long day for them. She sincerely thanked me for being "patient." I smiled, they smiled and I am pretty sure God smiled too.

When you get that little message and know in your spirit that you are being tested on something, like patience, stop and pray. The Lord had to remind me of the fruit that He wanted to bear through me - not about me, but about Him. Be alert to those things that God wants to do through you today. Stop and pray and let the Lord be your guide. You never know how it will turn out to bless someone else. 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 27 Jan 2019, 10:51 pm

January 27

Today's Reading: Exodus 16; Matthew 18:1-20

Today's Thoughts: Be Set Apart

But know that the Lord has set apart for Himself him who is godly; The Lord will hear when I call to Him. - Psalm 4:3

Do you know that you are set apart by God and for God?  We are sanctified, set apart and made holy, because the Lord has set us apart from the ungodly. This sanctification starts to take place when we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior and are redeemed by His blood. It is a lifelong process and God’s work within our life. We live in the world but are not to be of the world—we are to be set apart. Jesus prayed in John 17:17 that we would be sanctified by the truth, the Word of God. The Word of truth sets us apart from the world when we live by it and make it our daily bread. Even though as people we are all different and set apart from each other for various reasons, we are chosen by God to be set apart for Him. And sanctification is a process God uses to set us more and more apart from the world as we walk with Him daily. 

Are you living a life set apart and made holy – sanctified – by the Word of God? Did you know that the Lord has set you apart for Himself? Take time today and look up verses on being set apart and sanctified. We need to take this calling very seriously and learn what a sanctified life really looks like. Pray that the Lord will guide you and that His Holy Spirit will teach you how to live a life set apart from this world, even though you live in this world.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 26 Jan 2019, 2:18 pm

January 26

Today's Reading: Exodus 14; Matthew 17

Today's Thoughts: Move Mountains

So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. - Matthew 17:20

The word "faith" has numerous definitions and interpretations. From the intellectual to the philosophical to the spiritual, I found myself back at square one trying to understand its meaning to my personal life. If "faith as a mustard seed" can move a mountain, then I want more faith. Can it be that easy? After reading pages of explanations, I seem to make it more complicated, which in turn, dampens my faith. What happens when we really search for true faith?

Paul says in Romans 10 verse 17 that "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." It makes sense then that our search for faith must start in God's Word. It is interesting to note that Paul uses the word "hearing" instead of reading. When we read, study and meditate on God's Word, then we begin to hear it, as it penetrates our hearts and minds. To grow in faith, we must grow in the knowledge of God's Word. When we put the Word in our minds every day, we hear it in our thoughts all day long. Another component of faith is found in James Chapter One. James says that our faith will be tested. If we ask for things without having the faith to believe in the answer, then we will deal with doubt and unbelief. James Chapter 5 verse 15 says that "the prayer of faith will save the sick." So, once again we come back to the Word and prayer as being the key components to our growing in faith.

Do you want to move mountains in your life and see God do the impossible? All you need is faith. Sounds easy enough - but is it? For me personally, I have learned that being in God's Word every day puts me in a place of hearing Him more clearly about things on my heart and in my prayers. I find the strength to step out in faith, even when I have nothing tangible to cling to. I have a confidence that is not based on what I know or what has been proven to me. And, every time that I have acted or stepped out in faith, I have seen God do amazing works. Not once have I been disappointed in the Lord; He has always been faithful. I have been disappointed in myself, but not when I have the foundation of Scripture and prayer to guide me in faith. Make it a priority of your day to not only read the Word but also to hear it all day long. Let it guide your prayers and lead your steps. At that point, you just might see those mountains begin to move.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 25 Jan 2019, 1:07 pm

January 25

Today's Reading: Exodus 12; Matthew 16

Today's Thoughts: Who Do You Say That I Am?

He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. - Matthew 16:15-18

Who do you say Jesus is? Many of us would agree with Peter that He is the Christ, the Son of the living God. But do we know what that looks like in our daily lives?

Even though Jesus was Peter's friend and teacher, Peter was very aware that the religious leaders did not believe that Jesus was the promised Messiah. Despite all the miracles, Jesus did not come as the Jewish people envisioned. Jesus seemed to purposely perform miracles and teach things that bothered others and contradicted their lifestyle. People had conflicting views on who Jesus was. However, when Peter was asked who Jesus was, his answer was firm and Jesus rewarded Peter’s words.

There are difficulties and conflicts in our lives today that do not reflect the Holy God, in whom we believe. Those things are placed in our lives as tests to examine what we will declare about Jesus. Can you say that despite the hardships, conflicts, struggles and stresses in your life, Jesus is your Christ, the Son of the living God? Does Jesus impact your life daily, making a difference in the way you think, feel and what you say? If your faith is wavering in belief, ask the Lord to reveal to you who Jesus is, just as He did with Peter. People and circumstances will change with seasons and times of life; but when all is said and done, we want our faith and convictions to be as solid as rocks so that the gates of Hades shall not prevail against us.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 24 Jan 2019, 5:00 pm

January 24

Today's Reading: Exodus 9; Matthew 15:21-39

Today's Thoughts: Listen to What You Hear

Give ear and hear my voice, Listen and hear my speech. - Isaiah 28:23

Have you ever thought about the difference between hearing and listening? Did you know there was a difference? To "listen" means that we are paying attention to the sound, thoughtful and considerate attention to the sound. To "hear" refers to perceiving something with our ears, kind of like seeing with our ears. In life today there are literally thousands of noises a day that compete for our attention. There are so many different noises and sounds that most of us do not pay attention to most of them. The television can be on, the phone ringing, and everyone in my house talking at once and I can still tune most of it out. It is not that I am not hearing the noise, but I am not listening to it.

God gave us ears to hear the beauty of sound and He gave us the ability to listen so that the sound can be understood. When both hearing and listening work together, we have an understanding of the purpose of the sound. You can hear music but not listen to the words. When both music and lyrics are understood, the beauty and meaning of the whole song is revealed to you. You can hear the words of a person speaking to you, but if you truly listen to the person, you will better understand their heart and the meaning behind their words. The same principle holds true with God's Word. We can hear the Word preached, taught and read. We can read the Word ourselves and hear our own voices speak it. But, when we really listen to God's Word, then our understanding begins to change. So many times, people leave church after having heard a sermon and not remember anything about it. When we are listening and giving consideration to what we are hearing, we will leave thinking about what we just heard. The next step is to start talking back to God, asking Him to open up more of our understanding.

Take time today and think about how much you hear versus how much you listen. How much are you missing of what God has for you? Is He talking to you but you are not paying attention? Take your Bible and read today's chapter in Isaiah. Instead of just reading the words and hearing them in your head, pray the Holy Spirit will give you the power to listen and to understand the message God has for you. When the Word of God truly becomes His voice in your life, then your hearing and listening will open up a new world of understanding for you. Your life will change. But it all begins with understanding the difference between hearing and listening—start listening to God today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 23 Jan 2019, 7:53 pm

January 23

Today's Reading: Exodus 16; Matthew 18:1-20

Today's Thoughts: Be Set Apart

But know that the Lord has set apart for Himself him who is godly; The Lord will hear when I call to Him. Psalm 4:3

Do you know that you are set apart by God and for God?  We are sanctified, set apart and made holy, because the Lord has set us apart from the ungodly. This sanctification starts to take place when we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior and are redeemed by His blood. It is a lifelong process and God's work within our life. We live in the world but are not to be of the world—we are to be set apart. Jesus prayed in John 17:17 that we would be sanctified by the truth, the Word of God. The Word of truth sets us apart from the world when we live by it and make it our daily bread. Even though as people we are all different and set apart from each other for various reasons, we are chosen by God to be set apart for Him. And sanctification is a process God uses to set us more and more apart from the world as we walk with Him daily. 

Are you living a life set apart and made holy - sanctified - by the Word of God? Did you know that the Lord has set you apart for Himself? Take time today and look up verses on being set apart and sanctified. We need to take this calling very seriously and learn what a sanctified life really looks like. Pray that the Lord will guide you and that His Holy Spirit will teach you how to live a life set apart from this world, even though you live in this world.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 22 Jan 2019, 11:28 pm

January 22

Today's Reading: Exodus 4; Matthew 14:22-36

Today's Thoughts: All That You Need

Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? - Matthew 6:26

For some reason, my home has been chosen as the nesting place of several families of birds, particularly under the eaves of our house. I have never seen so many birds' nests lodged right above our windows and doors. As I walked out my back door the other day, I looked up at a bird nest just as the momma bird was flying away. The next thing I saw were three little bird mouths opened wide and waiting for their next meal. I was reminded of what Jesus said in Matthew 6:26 in that the birds do not have to worry about their next meal because our heavenly Father feeds them.

Jesus then says to us: "Are you not of more value than they?" I must admit I have spent many days worrying about earthly needs. I have wasted precious time trying to figure out how to provide for the things I need, or my family needs, or the needs of someone else in my life. I was even tempted to somehow try and provide for those baby birds. Even as I stood there looking at their little mouths crying out for food, I knew the Lord was cautioning me not to get involved. To interrupt their nest could be a death sentence for them, not a rescue. I realized that when I try so hard to intervene in what God is trying to do in my own life, I often end up causing more harm than good.  I just need to trust Him and get out of His way. He will take care of all of my needs. We should act only when we know it is God moving us to act!

Take time and thank the Lord today for taking care of your needs. He already knows everything you want and need. Just as those baby birds are completely taken care of (even being sent to my welcoming house), our heavenly Father is taking care of us too. We are more valuable to the Lord than all of the birds of the air put together. If He cares for them, He will absolutely care for us!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 20 Jan 2019, 1:38 pm

January 20

Today's Reading: Genesis 49; Matthew 13:31-58

Today's Thoughts: God means for Good

When Joseph's brothers saw that their father was dead, they said, "Perhaps Joseph will hate us, and may actually repay us for all the evil which we did to him." So they sent messengers to Joseph, saying, "Before your father died he commanded, saying,  'Thus you shall say to Joseph: "I beg you, please forgive the trespass of your brothers and their sin; for they did evil to you." ' Now, please, forgive the trespass of the servants of the God of your father." And Joseph wept when they spoke to him.  Then his brothers also went and fell down before his face, and they said, "Behold, we are your servants." Joseph said to them, "Do not be afraid, for am I in the place of God?  But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.  Now therefore, do not be afraid; I will provide for you and your little ones." And he comforted them and spoke kindly to them. - Genesis 50:15-21

One of my favorite Bible stories is the story of Joseph. Joseph was one of twelve brothers, all born to Jacob (Israel). From these brothers came the nation of Israel, God's chosen people. God had a plan from the beginning to raise up a nation of His people, a people set apart to be holy and dedicated to Him. The fulfillment of God's plan of redemption, the Messiah, Jesus Christ, would come from this line of people. But early on, attempts would be made to thwart this plan. One such attempt came in the life of Joseph. Jealousy and selfishness led his brothers to sell him to a foreign people where Joseph would eventually end up as a prisoner in Egypt. But God's hand was upon Joseph and through the years of his captivity he found much favor with his superiors, being entrusted ultimately with governing the land of Egypt.  But the day would come when the family would be reunited. How would Joseph receive his brothers who had done such an evil thing to him so many years earlier?

The brothers were afraid that Joseph would avenge their wrongdoing, but instead he forgave them. Verse 20 sums it up: what they meant for evil against Joseph, God meant for good so that many would be saved. God had a plan and that plan was carried out through Joseph. If Joseph had not been in Egypt, the famine that engulfed the land would have killed the entire family. Joseph was the one who would make sure there was enough grain to sustain the land. It was God's plan to spare this family. They were to become His chosen people. It was God's plan to use Joseph. It was God's plan to work for good the evil that Joseph had endured. For us today, God has a plan. Regardless of the evil that comes against us, God can work it together for good. Look to the Lord and ask Him to work all things together for good.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 19 Jan 2019, 11:17 pm

January 19

Today's Reading: Genesis 46; Matthew 13:1-30

Today's Thoughts: God’s Ways

Oh, that my ways were steadfast in obeying your decrees! Then I would not be put to shame when I consider all your commands. - Psalms 119:5-6

This psalmist dealt with the same issues of guilt that we have today. When we consider all that God requires, His standard is too high. How is one to follow His ways when God's ways are perfect and we are not? Like the psalmist, we cry out, "Oh, I wish my ways were consistent in following and obeying You. Then I would feel better about myself."

The problem with thinking this way is that God wants us to be thankful for His provision and not think of ourselves any higher than we ought. Jesus provides us with all that we need for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3). It is because of Jesus that we can have a relationship with the Father. When our shortcomings turn our focus to ourselves, we have guilt and condemnation. When our eyes are focused on Jesus, despite our shortcomings, we are thankful to Him. God wants us thankful. He already knows our shortcomings and knows the extent of our ability to sin, but He saved us anyway. And He loves us anyway.

Lately, everywhere I turn in the Bible, I am seeing that God desires a sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving. He wants me to sing to Him in gratitude for all He has done and is doing. The word sacrifice reminds us that giving Him thanks and praise is not easy when we are feeling guilty, angry, frustrated, depressed or miserable. But by praising Him during those times, it releases our faith to look to Him instead of to ourselves.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 36  Next