World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» ABOUT Farm Fresh Eggs & Chickens
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 11:57 pm by Admin

»  "Bring Them Home" protests heat up,
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 11:50 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 11:12 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 10:58 pm by Admin

» IsraelAM
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 10:50 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 10:39 pm by Admin

» AISH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 10:02 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 9:49 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Admin

» Whose Land know the truth
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 6:57 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 6:47 pm by Admin

» OBAMA AGAIN
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 6:45 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 1:21 am by Admin

» The Risks of (AI) Artificial Intelligence
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 12:37 am by Admin

» A Lenten Prayer to Bring Beauty from Ashes - Easter Devotional - March 17
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 9:50 pm by Admin

» CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 5:54 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Mon 05 Apr 2021, 3:06 pm

Elaine, learn to lead!

Revelation 5:10 And have made us kings and priests to our God: and we shall reign on the earth.

We came across this interesting story, written by Steve Brown of Key Biscayne Florida.

In the eleventh century, King Henry III of Bavaria grew tired of court life and the pressures of being a monarch. He made application to Prior Richard at a local monastery, asking to be accepted as a contemplative and spend the rest of his life in the monastery. "Your Majesty," said Prior Richard, "do you understand that the pledge here is one of obedience? That will be hard because you have been a king." "I understand," said Henry. "The rest of my life I will be obedient to you, as Christ leads you." "Then I will tell you what to do," said Prior Richard. "Go back to your throne and serve faithfully in the place where God has put you." When King Henry died, a statement was written: "The King learned to rule by being obedient."

We are kings and priests! Furthermore, the Bible says that one day we will rule with Him! We need to get ourselves ready!

Elaine, are you weary of parenting, ministering, praying or whatever other assignments the Lord has given you for this season of your life? Please, be encouraged! God expects us to be faithful where he puts us, even in the small things. Stay strong in the Lord! God is preparing us for great things -- and our efforts for Him will not go unnoticed!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Mansfield, Texas

Editor's Note: We've added a minute-by-minute channel to Telegram. Follow us on Telegram.

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Spring tour of the United States. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 02 Apr 2021, 10:16 pm

Elaine, know Him and the power of the resurrection!

Philippians 3:8-11 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

In today's world of Smart Phones, tablets and instant Internet access, there are many things that we can "know." "How long is the Golden Gate Bridge?" Pop out your iPhone, ask "Siri", the golden-voiced digital encyclopedic genius, and you'll have the factual answer in seconds.

But there's more to the Golden Gate than just length; truly another "dimension" of knowledge and understanding of the bridge over San Francisco Bay, which might be acquired from the 95-year-old retired construction worker who spent 2 years of his life building it. The knowledge you'll glean from his salt-parched lips will hold you spellbound as he describes wrestling with massive cables in stormy bay weather, or nearly losing his balance leaning over to paint an inaccessible bolt.

There are facts -- head knowledge, and there is the knowing of and from experience. We all know this, and it's why we prefer the mechanic who has been fixing cars for 35 years over the novice who just graduated from vocational training school.

Elaine, the apostle Paul wanted experiential knowledge of the Lord Jesus. He wanted fellowship with His sufferings, experiential resurrection power, even, if it were possible, the absolute death of his sin nature. Paul wanted the actual reality of the living Messiah manifested in his life, and he knew and believed this to be his inheritance in the death and resurrection of the Lord. Paul wanted to know Yeshua intimately and personally and share in the Lord's own experiences. This Passover Resurrection Day season as we celebrate and meditate on the factual reality of what happened in Jerusalem 2000 years ago, we might also join the apostle Paul in his own sincere passion; "that I may know Him...."

Mansfield, Texas

Editor's Note: We've added a minute-by-minute channel to Telegram. Follow us on Telegram.

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Spring tour of the United States. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 01 Apr 2021, 9:02 pm

Elaine, circumcised a second time?

Joshua 5:2, 8-10 At that time the Lord said to Joshua, "Make flint knives for yourself, and circumcise the sons of Israel again the second time."

8 So it was, when they had finished circumcising all the people, that they stayed in their places in the camp till they were healed. 9 Then the Lord said to Joshua, "This day I have rolled away the reproach of Egypt from you." Therefore the name of the place is called Gilgal to this day. 10 Now the children of Israel camped in Gilgal, and kept the Passover on the fourteenth day of the month at twilight on the plains of Jericho.

Romans 2:29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

Pesach (Passover) celebrates Israel's final departure from Egypt – that's why we read about it in "Exodus!" Leaving their former lives of slavery, the Jewish people now pressed forward looking toward the "Promised Land" and a new way of life. Their purpose was not only departure – it was also arrival to a new destination. Now there was a significant 40 year delay in the wilderness....

.....but Israel finally crossed over the Jordan river into the 'Promised land'. And as they entered the land, Joshua was commanded to circumcise Israel a “second time”. This circumcision of the flesh was required for their passage into the Promised Land, and I believe it is a picture for us. The flesh must be sacrificed for us to enter our inheritance. While the Passover event is a picture of our deliverance from sin and death through the sacrificed Lamb, this "circumcision" of the flesh is required for a fruitful life in the spirit which produces an inheritance. One might also see it as a circumcision of the heart, a removing of flesh which makes our heart alive and sensitive to the Lord and to others producing a life of love and good fruit.

Elaine, deliverance from sin and death is a free gift through the sacrifice of Messiah our perfect Lamb. Our response should be to offer our bodies, our flesh, as living sacrifices that we may enter the destiny of love and fruitfulness which is our own personal Promised Land. A life of holiness is the fruit of a circumcised heart which will yield a rich inheritance in the world to come.

Mansfield, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 31 Mar 2021, 1:30 pm

Elaine, choose your passover lamb!

Exodus 12:3 Speak to all the congregation of Israel, saying: 'On the tenth day of this month every man shall take for himself a lamb, according to the house of his father, a lamb for a household.

Joshua 4:19 Now the people came up from the Jordan on the tenth day of the first month, and they camped in Gilgal on the east border of Jericho. 20 And those twelve stones which they took out of the Jordan, Joshua set up in Gilgal.

Matthew 21:8-9 And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way. And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.

The Temple Institute in the Old City of Jerusalem has been preparing temple articles, priestly garments and studying for years to prepare a priesthood for service in a proposed rebuilt temple on the Temple Mount. A recent news article reported that training had begun for the preparation of the Passover sacrifice. The day for the training was the 10th of Nisan, the day designated in the Old Testament for choosing the Passover lamb. Since the eyes of the Jewish people are still partially blinded to the true identity of their Messiah, most of them don't know that the ultimate Passover Lamb was already sacrificed 2000 years ago.

The 10th of Nissan was an historic day in the history of our faith. Not only was it the day the Passover Lamb was chosen and brought into the houses of the Israelites in Egypt – it was also the very day that the children of Israel, freed from slavery, finally crossed into Jordan entering the "Promised Land" for the first time. And one other significant event happened on this day: Yeshua of Nazareth (Jesus, called Christ) entered Jerusalem on a donkey, just as the prophet Zechariah had said He would [Zech. 9:9] as crowds of Israelites shouted "Hosanna!" or "Save now!" to Him, confidently identifying Him as their savior and Messiah. In effect, the entire nation was choosing their "Passover lamb" who was to deliver them from sin and death! But the leaders of the nation rejected Him...

...and so modern Israel is still waiting for the Messiah, even here in the Promised Land, while He continues to be revealed as the Savior of the world in the Gentile nations. There is a remnant of Jews who have discovered Him, who have chosen their Passover Lamb carefully and who know He is without blemish, and a growing number have also come to live in Israel in fulfillment of God's promise to restore the nation in the latter days. But for most, Messiah's coming is still in the future...

Elaine, there is a "Promised Land" for every soul who carefully chooses his Passover Lamb, Yeshua the Messiah, whether Jew or Gentile. It is the promise of deliverance from sin, death, and Hell, into eternal life in a New Heavens and a New Earth. Our Passover Lamb, Yeshua, is the only way of entry into this Land. Choosing Him has made us "priests" who offer spiritual sacrifices of prayer that His salvation will be known all over the world, and finally, once again, in Israel.

Mansfield, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 30 Mar 2021, 10:58 pm

Elaine, the blood must be applied!

Exodus 12:12-13 For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD. And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.

As our family prepared and led a Passover Seder a few years ago, the Lord reminded me of a truth which I had understood, but never had seen so clearly applied from the Passover story.

Of course, the celebration of Passover for believers normally emphasizes the revelation of our Passover Lamb -- the Lamb of God, Yeshua, who was delivered up, a Lamb without blemish, and sacrificed in our place as an offering for our sins. As Israel celebrates deliverance from slavery, we celebrate deliverance from the bondage of sin. We celebrate knowing that death no longer has power over us since we pass from this temporal world into the eternal when we die.

Furthermore, when the children of Israel were passed over, while each of the firstborn of Egypt died, Israel did not depart as penniless slaves. They left carrying with them the riches of Egypt! Likewise, we who were spiritually "penniless" when we came to the Lamb, instantaneously inherited riches beyond our imagination. These are two of the wonderful lessons from the Passover event.

As I studied in preparation for our Seder another truth has struck me powerfully-- the blood needed to be applied! If the children of Israel had merely believed in the power of the lamb's blood, and the word of Moses, but never applied it to their doorposts, the angel of death would still have killed their firstborn! A passive belief in the blood would not have saved them -- action was required -- the blood needed to be applied to their doorpost. Once the blood was applied, a line was drawn across which the angel of death could not pass!

Most of us have an understanding of the power of the blood. But are we actively applying the blood to our lives and circumstances as a hedge of protection around us? No, not as a magic formula, but prayerfully in the spirit, as a cleansing and protective reality over our lives, families, loved ones, homes, cities, and nations.

Elaine, assume your authority as a child of God this Passover season, and apply the blood over any area of your life that needs His supernatural protection and provision. Don't take a passive approach in these last days, but be actively walking in the power of the blood, this Passover, and in the coming days....for truly, if there was ever a time we needed to be walking in His power, protection and victory, it's today!

Mansfield, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 29 Mar 2021, 9:08 pm

Elaine, who can stand?

Last week, I did a series of devotionals on the Dead Sea scrolls. As I’ve been pointing out the archaeological discoveries as well as their prophetic significance, I’ve saved the best for last! Recently discovered fragments of the Bible in the Dead Sea region containing two passages of Scripture are incredibly relevant. I spoke of the passage in Zechariah last week. The second was found in Nahum:

“The mountains quake because of Him, And the hills melt. The earth heaves before Him, The world and all that dwell therein. Who can stand before His wrath? Who can resist His fury? His anger pours out like fire, and rocks are shattered because of Him.” Nahum 1:5-6

Wow! God is now providentially warning that the day of the Lord is at hand… and who will be able to stand? The passage continues:

Nahum 1:7-9 The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him. But with an overflowing flood he will make a complete end of the adversaries, and will pursue his enemies into darkness. What do you plot against the LORD? He will make a complete end; trouble will not rise up a second time.

God will bring judgment and justice. And those of us who are in Him, who take refuge in Him … He knows! While the world goes berserk and wickedness abounds we may begin to wonder.... where are you Lord? But for those who are watching, He has just made an apocalyptic announcement — JUDGMENT IS COMING!

The Dead Sea scrolls, whose messages for our age have been spot on since 1947, have been unearthed, and are publishing the most important news in history. The Lord of Creation is true to His word, absolutely good for His promises, and He is coming soon. Will you be ready?

While judgment is coming, a peace that passes all understanding waits for those who take refuge in Yeshua (Jesus)! Our rescue will not come from government, leaders, or finances … Jesus will return to take His own and judge the world! Those who stand will stand in Him.

Elaine, I love that HE KNOWS all who take refuge in Him; and that He will deal thoroughly with evil and wickedness, very soon. His words, written long ago, and recently rediscovered, will abide; and we, who abide in Him, can rest assured, be encouraged, be actually thrilled, that our Savior and King is coming so soon… He is even at the door…

Mansfield, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 26 Mar 2021, 10:30 pm

Elaine, the dry bones will live!

As we continue this study of the Dead Sea Scrolls we jump to 1963 and the unearthing of Masada.

Flavius Josephus the Jewish historian recorded the tragic events at Masada in “The Jewish Wars.” Masada was ignored for years as it reminded the Rabbis of the failures of the many false messiahs that appeared after Yeshua (Jesus).

However, Yigael Yadin, the son of Eleazar Sukenik who originally purchased the first of the Dead Sea scrolls, led an international expedition to unearth the secrets of Masada. While many archaeologists revel in the massive building projects of Herod the Great and the ruins of the seige of Masada, I want to focus on the Biblical documents which were discovered there, since in the synagogue the Jewish rebels had constructed after they seized the Roman compound in 66 A.D, Yadin discovered fragments of Ezekiel’s vision of the dry bones, [Ezekiel 37].

Ezekiel 37:7-8 So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I prophesied, there was a sound, and behold, a rattling, and the bones came together, bone to its bone. And I looked, and behold, there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered them. But there was no breath [ruach] in them.

The prophet's remarkable vision pertained explicitly to the restoration of Israel to the Promised Land, the first phase of which was merely physical, a necessary precursor to their spiritual restoration when the breath or Ruach of God would be poured out upon the restored nation.

Once again, an archaeological discovery of Biblical text containing Ezekiel’s vision illustrated precisely where Israel was in their present history… the physical restoration of the Jewish people to their Land. The same passage also foretold their restoration in the Spirit, and since Israel's restoration is only partially completed, we continue to anticipate its fullness according to the sure word of prophecy. Just a few short years later, that restoration showed its first signs of life...

On June 7, 1967, Israel reclaimed the Temple Mount for the first time in 2000 years. Meanwhile on the other side of the globe in San Fransisco, on that same day, the Jesus movement was being birthed. Within just a few years, an enthusiastic community of Jesus-loving ex-hippies from the 60s took the world by storm and revival broke out; thousands of Jews came to faith in Yeshua (Jesus), beginning the spiritual rebirth of the Jewish nation foretold so many years ago in Ezekiel's vision of dry bones. Quite a number of those new Jewish believers actually made aliyah and moved to Israel to participate in its spiritual renewal.

Elaine, don't fail to recognize these amazing signs as prophetic events minutely correspond to archeological discoveries. We are witnessing fulfillments promised millenia ago in our modern times. The blossoming of the fig tree, a symbol for Israel, was one explicit sign given by Yeshua portending the end of the age and His soon return. "Learn the parable of the fig tree" He said. When it becomes “tender and puts out leaves, know that summer is near", the harvest is ripe and He is at the door. [Matthew 24:32-33]. In light of these things, let us watch and pray as never before, and keep our lamps filled with the oil of His Spirit, and let us remember, "the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy; [Rev. 19:10].

Mansfield, Texas

Elaine, your fasts will become feasts!

As we continue this study of the Dead Sea scrolls, authorities announced the discovery of several more scrolls as their extensive search for more hidden caves and treasures continues. Given the "coincidence" of the events described in previous devotionals, God's providential involvement in these developments becomes clear. His Word tells us what is about to happen, and new discoveries of Biblical texts seem to be directly related to modern prophetic fulfillments.

Just last week, two passages of scripture were newly discovered. The first was this passage from the prophet Zechariah; “These are the things you are to do: Speak the truth to one another, render true and perfect justice in your gates. And do not contrive evil against one another, and do not love perjury, because all those are things that I hate—declares the Lord.” [Zechariah 8:16-17]

The emphasis in this passage on speaking truth and establishing justice, ("mishpat" in Hebrew) is so powerfully relevant for Israel and the world right now. So much deception is flying from governmental narratives and injustice from mandates and new laws; truth and justice for all people is being threatened perhaps as never before. Once again we can see the relevance; God is warning the world of impending judgment of lies and injustice!

What I find interesting is what follows in the passage as it refers to the Messianic age, or what some would term the Millennial Kingdom. Zechariah 8:19 speaks of the fasts which were performed in various months due to past judgments which will become “seasons of joy and gladness and cheerful feasts.” It is during this time that the Lord will rule from Jerusalem, and the nations will all be coming to seek Him! [Zechariah 8:22]

Elaine, trouble is increasing, perhaps the greatest in history, but the Kingdom of God is at the door … it’s not time to fret or be paralyzed with fear! God is warning the nations, but He is also encouraging us, for soon our fasts will become feasts of joy! Enjoy your weekend as we begin our celebration of Pesach (Passover) Sunday night, knowing that He has everything under control!

Mansfield, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 24 Mar 2021, 10:11 pm

Elaine, share in boldness with confidence!

Isaiah 55:11-12  so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. “For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

As we continue into the historical and prophetic significance of the discovery of the Dead Sea scrolls, I take you back to 1948. Professor Eleazar Sukenik discovered that Mar Athanasius Yeshue Samuel, the Syrian Orthodox archbishop of Jerusalem purchased several of the Dead Sea scrolls. So Professor Sukenik visited the archbishop and took several photos of the scrolls which were then sent to William Albright, a Biblical archaeologist at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore.

Albright’s reply arrived on May 15, 1948: “My heartiest congratulations on the greatest manuscript discovery of modern times! There is no doubt in my mind that the script is more archaic than that of the Nash papyrus…I should prefer a date around 100 B.C.!...What an absolutely incredible find!...”

Notice the date of Albright’s reply! On May 14, 1948 the British mandate ended at midnight. Earlier that day, David Ben-Gurion who would later become Israel’s first prime minister, announced Israel’s Declaration of Independence.

Professor Sukenik failed to purchase the scrolls from the archbishop at the time, as the cleric believed he would get a better price. Later, we discover that Sukenik wrote in his journal, “Thus the Jewish people have lost a precious heritage.” Sukenik passed away in 1953.

Later in 1949, archbishop Samuel travelled to the United States with the scrolls to find a buyer. They went on display at the Library of Congress, and then at other museums and art galleries in the West. However, interest in the scrolls waned and there were no interested buyers for the ancient documents.

Years passed until an ad was placed in the Wall Street Journal in 1954.

“The Four Dead Sea Scrolls, Biblical manuscripts dating back to at least 200 BCE are for sale. This would be an ideal gift to an educational or religious institution by an individual or group. Box F 206, The Wall Street Journal.” Eleazar Sukenik had already passed away, but his son, Yigael Yadin just happened to be in the United States on a lecture tour at the time. Through a series of events, Yadin was able to purchase the scrolls his father failed to obtain.

In an ironic twist, archbishop Samuel was selling the scrolls to raise money for his church. Because of the wording of the sale, the IRS taxed Samuel for the proceeds from the Dead Sea Scrolls … so, even the IRS received a substantial sum of money from the Dead Sea Scrolls!

The purchase included the entire book of Isaiah known as the Isaiah scroll. Until this time the oldest extant Isaiah text was the Aleppo Codex, one of the Masoretic texts, which was written in the 10th century A.D. The Qumran Isaiah scroll was 1000 years OLDER than the Aleppo Codex. The book of Isaiah was written in 700 B.C. and very well may have been used for 500 years, meaning that this copy from the Dead Sea may have been made directly from the original!

The discovery of the Isaiah scroll proved the authenticity of the present Biblical text, as it had remained nearly identical for a thousand of years.

Elaine, the veracity of the Word of God is primarily demonstrated by its authority, revelation, and power to change lives; yet God has also providentially reaffirmed its textual accuracy through these remarkable recent discoveries. Isaiah himself declares by the Holy Spirit: “My Word shall not return empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.” This has proven true in our own lives. Read the beautiful and powerful prophecy of Isaiah. You will be blessed, changed, and equipped to communicate the Lord's truth with His confidence. And thank Him for His faihful and detailed preservation of the texts themselves.

Kansas City, Missouri

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 22 Mar 2021, 10:59 pm

Elaine, run after it!

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

"Blessed are the peacemakers"...when the term "peacemaker" is used the initial thought is of someone who keeps the peace between two opposing parties. A "peacemaker" solves dilemmas often without the force of violence, although the threat of violence is sometimes present and to be used if necessary.

When I was growing up, I watched dozens of westerns where the sheriffs -- or the good guys -- were armed with the Colt 45 "peacemaker." How ironic that one of the most famous guns of the 1800’s was named the "peacemaker". The rationality is simply you can only have peace through strength.

When Jesus (Yeshua), the Prince of Peace (in Hebrew the "Sar Shalom") returns again, He will usher in the Messianic age of Shalom -- His strength will be on display as He rules with a "rod of iron."

Interestingly enough, as I was studying the Hebrew New Testament, the word "peacemaker" has a completely different connotation than our understanding in English. The word peacemaker in Hebrew is the phrase "rod-fey shalom".

Shalom has a much richer meaning than simply the word peace. It can also mean completeness, prosperity, safety, contentment, health, blessing and rest. The word "rod-fey" in Hebrew literally means to "run after" or "to chase!"

So, in Hebrew it says to "chase after shalom" -- to run after God's shalom! And one can only find God's shalom through our "Sar Shalom" – our Prince of Peace!

Elaine, let's strive to reach a new level of intimacy with our Lord! Let's run after a deeper knowledge of our Lord and in doing so, we'll experience new levels of peace, contentment, blessing and rest! With so much work to be done, isn’t it good to know this is available to us NOW through our Sar Shalom!

Mansfield, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 19 Mar 2021, 11:37 pm

Elaine, take a break -- enjoy your shabbat rest!

Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!

Leonardo da Vinci, who excelled at many things -- as a painter, sculptor, poet, architect, engineer, city planner, scientist, inventor, anatomist, military genius, and philosopher said a wise thing:

"Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgment will be surer, since to remain constantly at work will cause you to lose power of judgment...Go some distance away because then the work appears smaller, and more of it can be taken in at a glance, and lack of harmony or proportion is more readily seen."

Have you found this to be the truth? We have! Any time we step back from a situation or project and take some time away, we undoubtedly gain new perspective and insight about it. Now, I know not all of us can take a week-long vacation at a luxurious resort to take time away from our difficulties, but we can, and must take a retreat with the Lord (which by the way, can be much more restful)! The Word says He makes me to lie down and green pastures -- It doesn't say He'd like us to if we could try to take some time from our busy schedules -- it says He makes us!

Elaine, it's time to take a rest from all the things that make us weary today -- ministry work included. Let's take some time out with the Lord and get quiet before Him. He has so many things He wants to reveal if we would only give Him a chance to show us! He has so many ways He wants to refresh us and refill our empty places if we would only be obedient to His call!

Mansfield, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 17 Mar 2021, 10:31 pm

Elaine, anyone can be restored!

Isaiah 11:11,12 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set His hand again the second time to recover the remnant of His people who are left, from Assyria and Egypt, from Pathros and Cush (modern day Ethiopia), from Elam and Shinar, from Hamath and the islands of the sea. He shall set up a banner for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Last week, 300 Ethiopian Jews in Operation Tzur immigrated to Israel.

For centuries in Ethiopia, there have lived a people we now know as the Falashas. They kept all sorts of Biblical traditions and call themselves Beta Yisrael (House of Israel). As experts began to study the matter, it became clear that these were descendants of the Jewish people who came to Africa in ancient times and intermarried. Unbeknownst to many, a percentage of them became believers in Jesus over the years. Jesus (or Yeshua, as they called Him) became a part of their identity as Jewish people. Many Falashan Jews worshipped Jesus as their Messiah and continued to practice Jewish tradition.

Amazingly, in 1975, the Israeli rabbinate officially recognized the Falashas as Jews. In the years to follow, a number of circumstances including famine and civil war caused this group of Jewish people to begin facing extinction. In a wonderful effort to save them, Israel began sending planes into Ethiopia and airlifting thousands of these Falashan Jews to the land that they, too, were promised -- the land of Eretz Yisrael.

Today, thousands of Falashas live in the Land, serve in its army, raise their children to speak Hebrew, and take part in everyday life here in Israel.

The restoration of the Falashas is not only a prophetic sign for us that God is faithful to His Word, but that He will also be faithful to us! God always keeps His promises -- and He is in the business of restoration. It doesn't matter how cut off we are or how far we may have strayed -- we can be restored! With one call to the Lord, He can lift us out of whatever circumstance we may be in -- whether it be spiritual, physical, emotional, financial, or anything else! With a single touch of His hand, He can bring complete restoration to our lives and give to us what He has promised!

Elaine, be encouraged. We can never be so far removed that we can’t be restored -- our troubles are never so great that we can’t be heard -- the Lord’s arm is never too short that it cannot save!

Mansfield, Texas

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Spring tour of the Southern United States. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 16 Mar 2021, 9:30 pm

Elaine, be great? Yes ...

Mark 9:33-35 Then He came to Capernaum. And when He was in the house He asked them, “What was it you disputed among yourselves on the road?” But they kept silent, for on the road they had disputed among themselves who would be the greatest. And He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, “If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all.”

Yet as believers, we often consider ambition to be a bad and worldly thing. But Yeshua (Jesus) said, “He who would be greatest among you must be the servant of all.” So think about it … did Yeshua say we shouldn't desire greatness? No, to the contrary, He recognized desire and ambition for significance and accomplishment. He even affirmed them, and gave instruction how to direct these passions. But His perspective required an important reorientation.

C.S. Lewis had something illuminating to share about this subject:

"If we consider the unblushing promises of reward and the staggering nature of the rewards promised in the Gospels, it would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased." (Excerpt from "The Weight of Glory").

Lewis agrees with the Lord that desire and ambition should be intense, in the right expression, toward the right objective. Some people have great and passionate worldly desires and ambitions for wealth, power, fame, etc, and even these desires reveal an aspect of God's image which every man carries, because God is great, with great desires, so those whom He created reflect this characteristic.

The critical element then, is not to kill desire, as for example Buddhist religion demands, but to sanctify it... How? Simply by yoking it to love for God and love for others, expressed by becoming a servant. Being great in God’s eyes comes from being great like Him, and in Him, who was the most exemplary servant ever.

Yeshua said that true greatness is achieved in servanthood. In this light, ambition, passion, and desire, under the unction of the Holy Spirit do not serve pride or vainglory, but are expressed in humility, servanthood, and self-giving.

Yeshua came from glory and lowered Himself from the heights of heaven, and so He taught us how to be great. The awesome paradox that the Son of God, entirely equal with the Father as His express image, became a flesh and blood human in order to die, is the quintessential act of loving servanthood. This qualified Him to receive the greatest Name above every name.

Elaine, perhaps you have been seeking to beat down your ambition, squelch your desire, and quench your unquenchable passions. Apart from being nearly impossible, short of becoming a self-flagellating monk, these energies ought rather to be redirected. Consecrate your passion, dedicate your desire, submit your ambition, by offering your body as a living sacrifice to God [Romans 12:1-2]. His Holy Spirit will inspire your desire, fashion your passion, and condition your ambition, to bear the beautiful fruit of His Spirit for His Kingdom's sake. The greatest in the Kingdom will be the servant of all! Be a servant of His love, His compassion, and His grace. Exemplify Godly ambition!

Mansfield, Texas

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Spring tour of the Southern United States. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 15 Mar 2021, 9:42 pm

Elaine, take action!

Proverbs 16:3 Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

One of my passions is studying history, especially the American Civil War. Here is an amusing story about General Stonewall Jackson's famous Valley Campaign. During the war, Jackson's army found itself on one side of a river when it needed to be on the other.

After telling his engineers to plan and build a bridge so the army could cross, he called his wagon master in to tell him it was urgent that the wagon train cross the river as soon as possible. At once, the wagon master started gathering all the logs, rocks, and fence rails he could find and quickly put together a bridge.

Long before daylight, General Jackson got word that all the wagons and artillery had crossed the river. "Where are the engineers and what are they doing?" asked Jackson of his wagon master. "They are drawing up plans for a bridge, Sir." He replied.

Elaine, don't spend so much time drawing up plans -- be an example! Get out and take action! 

Mansfield, Texas

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Winter tour of the Southern United States. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 10 Mar 2021, 10:01 pm

Elaine, season with salt!

Leviticus 2:13 And every offering of your grain offering you shall season with salt; you shall not allow the salt of the covenant of your God to be lacking from your grain offering. With all your offerings you shall offer salt.

For years, when I visited my father-in-law's home in Jerusalem on the Sabbath, we would break bread and bless the bread with the traditional blessing – "Baruch Ata Adonai Eleheynu Melech HaOlam Ha-Motzi Lechem Min Ha'aretz" – which translated means,"Blessed are You Lord our God, King of the Universe, Who has given us bread from the earth". After the blessing, my father-in-law would take salt and sprinkle the challah bread as he broke and passed it to everyone at the table.

I began to understand this blessing only a few years ago, when I stumbled across this verse in Leviticus about adding salt to every grain offering. Mentioned only three times in Scripture, yet this covenant carries deep significance and harmonizes perfectly with our New Covenant understanding of the gospel and its eternal blessing in our lives.

Historically, the salt covenant was used in ancient times as an expression of commitment and loyalty – affirming friendships that would last forever. It was also used in marriage ceremonies demonstrating the pact of enduring loyalty between a man and a woman.

Elaine, so, the next time you break bread – salt it – reminding yourself not only of the Lord's body that was broken for you – but also of your eternal friendship with Yeshua and your soon coming marriage to Him – all resting soundly on His loyal covenant of love.

Benton, Arkansas

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Winter tour of the Southern United States. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 09 Mar 2021, 5:12 pm

Elaine, understand the obligation of love!

Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Here's another interesting Hebrew word parallel. The Hebrew word for "love" or "affection", "chiba", is formed by the same root letters as the word, "chova", "obligation", "debt", or "duty". In Hebrew, the only difference between these two words is a few vowel points. But you say, "Isn't love the very opposite of obligation !?" Well, yes and no. The Hebrew language has a wonderful way of relating concepts which seem incompatible.

The common romantic view of love in films and novels draws heavily on strong feelings of affection or passion. Even our love for God can flow from those kinds of feelings. (The apostle Peter was filled with them shortly before he denied the Lord three times.) But love based on obligation is another matter, and it's significant that the Jewish marriage contract, the "Ketubah", contains a list of "obligations" that a husband is required to fulfill for his wife. He might be passionately "in love" with her when he signs this contract, yet the wisdom of experience says this passion may wither with time, so the marriage ceremony formally "obligates" him to his spouse. By accepting these "obligations", he agrees that love is nurtured by commitment.

One Rabbi commented: "Love which flows from obligation endures, but when obligation follows love, both are doomed."

Our bridal relationship to Yeshua (Jesus) also reflects this reality. His "obligation" to us flowed from an irrevocable decision of His will and commitment to love us...which cost Him His human life. We might speculate on the Lord's feelings for us, but we don't have to wonder at all about His obligation, or the absolute security we have in His love for us. Our love for Him can be the same. Feelings of love are wonderful. But they also come and go. And there'll be times when we wonder, "Where's that lovin' feeling? Is God really there?" And that's when the sure foundation of commitment will arise in the heart of every true lover.

Elaine, God's great love for us is expressed in His commitment; to cover our debt of sin; guide us through this earthly life, and be our eternal Heavenly Husband. Cleansed by His blood and filled with His Spirit we can love Him and one another with the same commitment. The feelings will follow.

Benton, Arkansas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 05 Mar 2021, 10:26 pm

Elaine, get on your sweat pants!

2 Timothy 2:3-4 You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.

In Hebrew, the word for hardness is "kosher". Interestingly enough, the word "kosher" also means "fitness", as from a workout in the gym. Yes -- it's a workout to serve the Lord in this world -- but God has called us to it!

These days, many people are working out intensely to beautify and strengthen their bodies. A lot of them are obsessed with appearance and youthfulness. It has virtually become a religion to be beautiful and/or "ripped", and people are willing to make serious sacrifices for the sake of their bodily condition.

Believers are called to a different kind of "workout" which can be equally or even more intense. Our "obsession" isn't with our bodies, but with our spirit. It is easy and "natural" to become caught up in the affairs of this life, even to adopt the worldly obsession with physical appearance. Yet our "workout" calls us to minimize the attention we give to worldly affairs, and to endure the hardness of spiritual warfare and service.

Are we aware of the reality of the eternal life which belongs to us, and of ALL its implications? Our life in this world is incredibly short, yet filled with tremendous opportunity for the Lord and our place in the world to come. If we want to please Him, (and we ought to think about why we would), we will make the most of our time, and work out with the greatest spiritual energy possible. That will involve saying no to worldly priorities and concentrating on spiritual ones.

Elaine, if we have been chosen to be soldiers for God's great army this is no small thing! We will increasingly disentangle ourselves from prioritizing worldly pursuits, and be seeking first the things of the Kingdom of Heaven. When we do that we have two promises: earthly provision for all of our needs [Matthew 6:23], and treasure in Heaven [Luke 18:22]. Let's get free from the cares of this life and get focused on eternal blessings!

Mansfield, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 04 Mar 2021, 4:37 pm

Elaine, patience -- oh what a lesson!

2 Peter 1:5-7 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Patience is one of those attributes that you cannot learn by reading about it. It's a quality that can only be acquired by persistent, enduring, practice– and for me, it's a drill that I go over, and over, and over again!

The original Webster's dictionary offers this definition of patience: "the suffering of afflictions, pain, toil, calamity, provocation or other evil, with a calm, unruffled temper; endurance without murmuring or fretfulness, from a kind of heroic pride, or from a Christian submission to the divine will."

Reading this definition two things really struck me – first, "endurance without murmuring". I, for instance, get so frustrated sitting in a traffic jam... counting the wasted minutes when I could have been doing something useful! Yet, what an opportunity for me to choose to quench the inner fumes – and use the delay to work on my patience!

The second thing that really hit me was, "a Christian submission to the divine will." How many times are we placed in a difficult position, or forced to deal with an "impossible" situation? Or perhaps, an "impossible" person? These circumstances are always opportunities to grow in patience – or to learn to submit to God's providential will, and often, to minister in some special or unique way.

Elaine, is your patience being tested today? Great! Remember, love is (first of all) patient. [1 Cor. 13:4] The Lord is training you toward godliness –- and godliness is moving toward perfect love. With so much work to be done, He is really wanting to work this quality into your character now -– to perfect your love, and with it to transform the world around you for His glory!

Mansfield, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 03 Mar 2021, 3:42 pm

Elaine, reach out and touch someone!

Luke 8:43-47 And a woman having a flow of blood twelve years, who had spent all her livelihood on physicians, and could not be healed by anyone, Came up behind Him, and touched the border of His garment: and immediately her flow of blood stopped. And Yeshua (Jesus) said, "Who touched Me? When all denied it, Peter and those that were with Him said, "Master, the multitude are crowding and pressing on You, and You say, 'Who touched Me?'" And Yeshua (Jesus) said, "Somebody touched Me: for I perceive that power had gone out of Me." And when the woman saw that she was not hidden, she came trembling, and fell down before Him, she declared unto Him before all the people the reason she had touched Him, and how she had been immediately healed.

Isn't it interesting that of the multitudes thronging and pressing toward Yeshua (Jesus), only one really touched Him? What made Yeshua notice her among all the rest?

This woman was desperate. She had reached the end of her rope. She had probably spent all her money visiting every doctor she could find and done all she could do to help herself in the natural realm. I think she finally realized that what she truly needed was a touch from the Lord. The word "power" in this passage, in Greek, is "dunamis". Dunamis is the word from which the word dynamite is derived. As she reached for Him, dynamite power flowed out of the Lord and radically healed and changed her!

Somehow, the world has us convinced that the solution to all our problems come from it! We tend to look to people and material things to satisfy our earthly desires instead of looking to the Lord!

Elaine, do you need a touch from the Lord today? How much are you longing for Him? Let's abandon the ways we've been reaching out to the world for strength -- and determine to reach out to the Lord in faith and believe!

Mansfield, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 02 Mar 2021, 11:50 pm

Elaine, be valiant!

Judges 6:12 And the angel of the LORD appeared to him, and said to him, The LORD is with you, you mighty man of valour!

Judges 6 begins with an angel talking to Gideon saying, "thou mighty man of valor!" However, in this passage Gideon isn't feeling very valiant -- he's consumed with his circumstances -- how poor his family is and how he's the least of his fathers' house. He doesn't feel he's done anything worthy of being called valiant, yet the angel still addresses him "mighty man of valor!"

Gideon is not the only one who struggles with feeling unvaliant, though, is he? Even the best of us struggle with feelings of failure and defeat. But we must remember that we are part of the Lord's army -- and in the Lord's army, we do not depend upon our own strength. We depend upon the power of the Lord! We depend upon the victory that He has already won!

Imagine the countless thousands of saints like Gideon who have passed away before us and now sit in heaven's glory where every tear is dried, and every wound is healed -- who have already fought the battle of life and are calling down to us from heaven saying "Fellow Saint, you can get through this thing! Fight this battle -- for we have fought these same battles in our lives and been rewarded with heaven's glory! So fight through and we'll see you soon beside us! March forward you mighty man and woman of valor!"

Elaine, the Lord stands eagerly awaits our call. He wants us to walk in His power, not our own! Let's give him our circumstances today and strive to rely on His strength to conquer them!

Mansfield, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 01 Mar 2021, 11:33 pm

Elaine, thaw out!

John 7:37-38 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believes on me, as the scripture has said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Last week while we were in Texas, the United States experienced a polar vortex.  Historians called it a 100-year storm!  Millions of Texans were without electrical power as the power grid almost fully collapsed.  The sudden and surprising freezing weather reminded me of a story. 

Between the United States and Canada sits Niagara Falls.  An estimated 500,000 tons of water go over the falls every minute. On March 29, 1948, the falls suddenly stopped. Those who lived near enough heard the overwhelming silence, and immediately they thought it was a sign – the end of the world had come!

However, after thirty hours had passed – the flow of water resumed.

What happened? Heavy winds had set the ice fields of Lake Erie in motion and tons of ice had jammed the Niagara River entrance near Buffalo. The ice blocked the flow of water until finally, there was a shift in the blockage and the river began flowing again.

The river had stopped flowing because of ice.

Yeshua (Jesus) warned his followers in the last days that the love of many would wax cold! Let's heed His warning!  If we really want the flow of God’s love, peace, joy, and anointing in our lives – we cannot allow our hearts to become like ice. 

Elaine, as cold as the world is ... may it never freeze us over!  Let's allow the Lord to do a new work in us so that RIVERS of living water would flow through us that we may become a beacon of truth, hope, and love to this world that so desperately needs it!

Lucas, Texas

Editor's Note: We've added a minute-by-minute channel to Telegram. Follow us on Telegram, until our 90-day suspension of Facebook expires.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 26 Feb 2021, 10:20 pm

Elaine, don't dry up!

Isaiah 58:11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

One of the great marvels of the Roman Empire was the invention of the aqueduct system to provide water over vast distances. It was an absolutely ingenious method which made use of gravity, with stone arches to support the water channels. An aqueduct was built in 109 AD which carried water to the city of Segovia for eighteen hundred years. For nearly sixty generations this aqueduct provided cool water from the mountains above. But fairly recently, it collapsed.

A well-intentioned citizen, observing the ancient structure, remarked, "This aqueduct is so great a marvel that it ought to be preserved for our children, as a museum piece. We shall relieve it of its centuries-long labor." So the city decided to construct a modern water system with iron pipes to carry the water, intending to give the aqueduct a long-deserved rest. What they failed to realize, of course, was that attempting to preserve the aqueduct by stopping the flow of water through it, assured its rapid disintegration! As the sun beat down on the now dry mortar and stone, the centuries old structure quickly began to fall apart. Amazingly, nearly two millenia of service would not accomplish the destructive work of less than a century of idleness!

This story ought to really encourage us in Kingdom work...since, continuing to allow Yeshua's living water to flow through us, we are constantly renewed and preserved, rather than drying up with idleness and atrophy. So

...with so much work to be done, let us do it with the life-giving stream: the ever-renewing vitality of Yeshua's living water!

Elaine, be refreshed this weekend ... enjoy your Shabbat and come back next week revitalized! Shabbat Shalom!

Mansfield, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 26 Feb 2021, 12:07 am

Elaine, dive deeper!

Philippians 4:6-7  Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

As the culture war continues to escalate all over the world, we as believers should be filled with peace in the midst of intense conflicts.  So how can we be filled with peace in the midst of such adversity?  How is that possible, one may wonder?  One method of finding your "shalom" is a lesson found in nature.

When a storm swarms across the ocean surface, the fish know where the water is still -- deep down under. While, on the surface, the winds and the waves rage, fathoms below lies water completely at peace. Perhaps we should learn something from fish.

In a shallow relationship with God, we will find ourselves being tossed to and fro by stormy waves of circumstance. James describes such a person as "double-minded" and unstable. In his trials, he cannot exercise faith because he hasn't gone deep with the Lord.

However, when we seek that deeper relationship with Him, we can enter another perspective on what's happening at the surface. Seeking and abiding in the depths of Yeshua, our Sar Shalom (Prince of Peace) will bring a peace that passes understanding, even in the midst of great storms. The double-minded man has not yet sought or found this place -- since not everyone is willing to spend the time or effort for a deep relationship, however, it is available for all who truly desire and take the time for it.

Elaine, are you distressed or worried? It's time to press in... seek that deeper relationship with Yeshua and let Him lead you to the still water. He so wants to fill you with a "shalom" that passes all understanding!

Mansfield, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 24 Feb 2021, 9:54 pm

February 24, 2021 at 12:03 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  The Faithful Father

The Faithful Father

"But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him."   Luke 15:20

Scripture Focus: Luke 15

Of all the stories Jesus told, the parable called "The Lost Son" is my favorite. Two sons appear in the story from which many life applications have been drawn. Who of us can't identify with the hard-working and reliable elder brother? We understand his bitterness and resentment, though they left him outside of the party. The greedy, self-seeking younger son was in no way presented as a role model, but some of us can identify with him anyway. 

The story reached a climactic point as he came to his senses, repented, and returned to his father with no expectations or anticipation of privilege. Actually, the main character in the story is the father. He demonstrates forgiveness, compassion, and extravagant love for both sons. Jesus was revealing the heart of our Heavenly Father, the Compassionate One who forsook all and came to earth to pursue us. 

While the running father in the parable left behind all propriety, reputation, and status to go after his son, our faithful Father left the splendor of heaven to rescue us.

Insight: "How deep the Father's love for us/ How vast beyond all measure/ That He should give His only Son/ To make a wretch His treasure." (Stuart Townend, 1995)

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you feel led to become a prayer partner or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:
https://www.paypal.com/donate?token=lVWtcmOoaZ9GZpaB-NmPMcxGFZNKEHz614BebUf4sI4vcg_jAcYtF6_524IQDwRGUw29G7CCHjK-bLKw

Or contact us by replying to this email.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 24 Feb 2021, 9:52 pm

Elaine, pomp ... or circumstance?

Romans 16:25-27 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

In the year 1920, young Oswald Smith stood before the examining board for the selection of missionaries. He had wanted to be a missionary for as long as he could remember, and for all that time had been crying out to God that He might open a door for him to do so. Finally, his time had come. There he stood awaiting his destiny. His long-awaited was about to come..."No."

Smith had not met the missionary board's qualifications and was turned down for service. After a time of disappointment, he decided that if he couldn't be a missionary, he would build a church which would raise up some. And that is precisely what he did. The church he planted sent out more missionaries than any other church of its time. And God used Oswald Smith mightily for His Kingdom.

This is what happens when we don't let our circumstances rule us. We will always be victorious.

Elaine, have you been disappointed recently? Not all our hopes and expectations come to pass like we think they should. Let's not let it get us down. Surely God has something better! Continue to seek. Continue to knock. Continue to ask. Continue to get revelation. We need to be walking in victory!

Mansfield, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 23 Feb 2021, 7:31 pm

Elaine, meet your enemy!

1 Chron. 14:8, 10 And when the Philistines heard that David had been anointed king over all Israel, all the Philistines went up to seek David. And David heard of it, and went out against them. And David inquired of God, saying, "Shall I go up against the Philistines? and will You deliver them into my hand?" And the LORD said to him, "Go up; for I will deliver them into your hand."

Doesn't it seem like just when we get that much needed breakthrough, suddenly the enemy comes to attack? In this passage we read how the Philistines heard that David was anointed King and quickly assembled together to seek and destroy him. And what does David do? Does he become fearful? No. Does he hide? No! David goes out to meet them! And God delivered the enemy into his hand. We must be aware that the enemy of our souls goes forth as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. As believers in the Lord, we have been anointed as kings and priests of the Most High, with even a greater anointing than David! And He has called us to depend on Him for the victory in all our battles!

We need to get ourselves prepared. We need to get our spiritual armor on for the battle ahead.

Elaine, you may be in a situation where it seems the enemy is attacking from every side -- but fear not! The Lord wants to deliver the enemy into our hands! We simply need to go out to meet them and watch the Lord gain the victory!

Mansfield, Texas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlCOJPggGTM
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next