World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyToday at 12:50 am by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyToday at 12:31 am by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyToday at 12:17 am by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyToday at 12:14 am by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyToday at 12:11 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyToday at 12:02 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyYesterday at 11:46 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyYesterday at 11:35 pm by Admin

» Sign Petition Against Antisemitism
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyYesterday at 11:26 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyYesterday at 11:20 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyYesterday at 11:17 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyYesterday at 5:45 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 10:38 pm by Admin

» AISH
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 9:55 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 9:37 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 9:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 9:30 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 10:46 pm by Admin

» Woke Kindergarten?
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 10:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Are Atheists Fools? EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 10:12 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Are Atheists Fools?

3 posters

Go down

Are Atheists Fools? Empty Re: Are Atheists Fools?

Post  jessie Sun 29 Mar 2009, 10:48 am

venus you have every right to express your opinion..that what these posts are all about ...if you were sitting here with me know i'm sure we would be having a good natter about it ..over a cuppa of course!

"Many atheists don't believe for one simple reason. There is no PROOF. Let me ask you, do you believe in ghosts? No? In that case should you burn in Hell because you don't believe something I totally believe in? No. It means you've not had any paranormal experiences to prove ghosts exist."
could i just comment on what you say here ..i do believe in spirits or ghosts ...but you say you believe because you have had an experience of them ...well thats just what i've had an experience of God .thats why i believe in Him ..when you have such an experience you will no longer be an atheist but a believer..i suppose we can be over zealous cos its so wonderful we want everyone to share and know ....God bless u ...jessie
"

jessie

Back to top Go down

Post  Venus Sat 28 Mar 2009, 10:12 pm

You see, now I feel rotten for posting that tongue

I hate to argue with religion but sometimes we feel we need to defend ourselves against these 'accusations'. We don't open threads in groups saying things like 'all those who believe in God are either mad, stupid or dumb' (I really don't think that...just using it as an example)

Truth is, I think its great people have such strong beliefs. I can't imagine myself ever becoming so strongly involved in it, but I think its nice others do pig

Venus

Back to top Go down

Post  Venus Sat 28 Mar 2009, 10:05 pm

It is a lack of morals that leads a person to reject belief in God.

I totally disagree with this statement (and a few others in this thread). We atheists do have morals. We don't do 'whatever we want' without thinking of consequences. That is like saying we have no conscious Rolling Eyes

Just because we don't believe there's a God, we still respect those who do believe. And we don't knock their beliefs either.

See, thats where the difference lies with believers and non-believers. If we don't follow their belief, we're sinners and are going to Hell!! We should be hung drawn and quartered etc etc.

Many atheists don't believe for one simple reason. There is no PROOF. Let me ask you, do you believe in ghosts? No? In that case should you burn in Hell because you don't believe something I totally believe in? No. It means you've not had any paranormal experiences to prove ghosts exist.

I'm honestly sick of trying to tell many people that, just because I don't believe theres anyone 'up there', it doesn't mean i'm a bad person...and saying we have no morals is a kick in the teeth :(

I know you didn't write this Zerich lol...but as far as I understand it, many believers think that way of atheists. If you were to come across a stranger in the street and get chatting, do you have to know whether they believe in God before deciding whether they're a good or bad person? No. We're all people with hearts and feelings, and just because we differ in religious beliefs shouldn't mean we are outcasts.

Personally, I believe that 99% of christians or believers, are prejudiced. You're either 'with us or against us' kinda talk.

Who cares whether Joe Bloggs believes in God? If he isn't a criminal or goes around hurting people, leave him alone and get on with your own life! (not you personally lol...)

I shouldn't get into these religious arguments cos it's not really fair on either side Razz

Venus

Back to top Go down

Are Atheists Fools? Empty Are Atheists Fools?

Post  Zerich Sat 28 Mar 2009, 8:13 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question: "What does the Bible mean when it says “The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God’”?"

Answer: Both Psalm 14:1 and Psalm 53:1 read, “The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God.’” Some take these verses to indicate that atheists are stupid, i.e. lacking intelligence. However, that is not the meaning of the Hebrew word translated “fool.” In this text, the Hebrew word is nabal which refers more to a “moral fool,” e.g., someone without morals. The meaning of the text is not “Unintelligent people do not believe in God.” Rather, the meaning of the text is “Immoral people do not believe in God.”

Many atheists are very intelligent individuals. It is not intelligence, or a lack thereof, that leads a person to reject belief in God. It is a lack of morals that leads a person to reject belief in God. People do not reject the idea of there being a Creator Being. Rather, people reject the idea of there being a Creator Being who demands morality from His creation. In order to clear their consciences and relieve themselves of guilt, people reject the idea of God as the only source of absolute morality. Doing so allows atheists to live however they choose—as morally or immorally as they desire—with no feelings of guilt for their refusal to be accountable to God.

Several prominent atheists have admitted this. One famous atheist, when asked what he hopes to accomplish through atheism, declared that he wants “to drink as much alcohol and have sex with as many women as possible.” Belief in a divine Being is accompanied by a feeling of accountability and responsibility toward that Being. So, to escape from the condemnation of conscience, which itself was created by God, one must deny the existence of God in order to deny the moral pull of the conscience.

This is not to say that all atheists are immoral people. Many atheists live relatively moral lives. The point of “The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God’” is that a lack of evidence of His existence is not the true reason people reject belief in God. People reject belief in God due to a desire to live free of the moral constraints He requires and to escape the guilt that accompanies the violation of those constraints. “The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them … men are without excuse … their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools … Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie” (Romans 1:18-25).

Zerich

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down