World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 37 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 36 Guests

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyToday at 4:52 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyToday at 4:42 pm by Admin

» Minister Smotrich-PM Netanyahu Show your strength
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyToday at 4:29 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyToday at 4:27 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyToday at 4:20 pm by Admin

» Biden Bless/Abortions with cross sign
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyToday at 2:02 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyToday at 2:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyToday at 1:51 pm by Admin

» AISH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyToday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Haggadah Passover
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyYesterday at 10:45 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyYesterday at 10:03 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyYesterday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyYesterday at 8:27 pm by Admin

» BooK of Revelation Various
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyYesterday at 5:00 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:43 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 8:28 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 19 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 19 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Tue 26 May 2020, 12:57 pm

Elaine, be careful of sowing discord!

Pro 6:16-19  There are six things that the LORD hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

"One that sows discord among brothers" is an abomination to God. It’s an amazing passage that is often overlooked when considering offenses which God hates.

The events presently taking place around the world are causing more discord among people than I've seen in my lifetime. Everyone I've spoken with from around the world seems to agree that this phenomenon is increasing. And while it's understandable that people in the world are cracking and conflicted under pressure, it's even more troubling that this fracturing and division seems to be affecting the body of Messiah as well.

A particularly sad example of this surrounds the recently opened television station (Shelanu TV) in Israel developed by believers in Yeshua for communicating the Gospel to a Hebrew speaking audience. Amazingly, what could well be seen as a breakthrough in freedom of speech and the expression of NT faith in a substantially unreached nation, has been bitterly attacked by some believers calling for the station's removal.

Of course, everyone vehemently believes he's on GOD'S side of the argument. It would seem to be crystal clear that, as the Apostle Paul states, the Gospel is "to the Jew first". And how could anyone dispute that it was always the heart of God to reach the Jewish people with the Gospel.  Paul even said he could wish himself to be accursed if only His people Jewish people might be saved. And we should absolutely share that passion with him.

But what counsel might we offer in a situation like this one? Apart from the details of the argument, and the passions on either side of it, I believe we need to follow Paul's instruction to Timothy: "The servant of the Lord must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents in gentleness … that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the enemy."

Elaine, it's an attitude; not so much the "words", but "the music", the tone of the discussion, the way we "argue". Because, while there will always be disagreements and controversies among us, discord, and those who sow it are walking in the flesh, the sinful nature, a self-righteous and belligerent attitude, which is an abomination to our Lord. As passionate as we may be over an issue, we ought to remember that it's so easy to get in the flesh and sow discord among our brothers and sisters. But it's one of the things God hates, so keep it in mind.

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Orlando, Florida

Editor's Note: Worthy Ministries is happy to announce that after years of labor and prayer to this end, Worthy News and Worthy Devotions are now available for churches and ministries, FREE of charge and FREE of advertising through our new syndication network! If you are interested, please visit Worthy Plugins.
Editor's Note: Be sure to submit any prayer requests you may have to the Worthy Prayer Team!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 25 May 2020, 12:58 pm

Elaine, revival is here!

Hosea 10:12 Sow for yourselves righteousness; Reap in mercy; Break up your fallow ground, For it is time to seek the Lord, Till He comes and rains righteousness on you.

Over the years I've often gotten emails asking "When do you think revival will come?"

Well.... first, what is "revival", exactly? One of Merriam-Webster's definitions is "a renewed attention to or interest in something". Here are some important questions for us to answer today:

How interested are we in knowing Him more intimately today than yesterday?
How interested are we in gaining a greater knowledge and understanding of His Word?
And just how interested are we in sharing those precious things with the dying world around us?

A true revival must begin with us -- it must be intimately personal. And it's not just a one-time thing, either. Once, a lady asked Billy Sunday "Why do you keep having revival meetings?" He quickly retorted, "Why do you always take a bath?"

Revival is something that needs to happen daily. It's an ongoing transformation of our hearts to be constantly moved by the Spirit of God. We need to be daily breaking up our fallow ground, those places in our hearts which we've allowed to grow hard. We have to ask the Lord to reveal those hard places, pray that He would forgive us and ask Him to heal all our rough edges that we might be soft before Him and sensitive to His leading. As we open ourselves to the moving of the Spirit of God ... then we will usher in a new move of God within us.

Elaine, let's get serious as we approach Shavuot (Pentecost) this coming weekend! It's a new season -- so let's begin this season the right way -- in revival!

Melbourne, Florida
Editor's Note: Worthy Ministries is happy to announce that after years of labor and prayer to this end, Worthy News and Worthy Devotions are now available for churches and ministries, FREE of charge and FREE of advertising through our new syndication network! If you are interested, please visit Worthy Plugins.
Editor's Note: Be sure to submit any prayer requests you may have to the Worthy Prayer Team!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 22 May 2020, 8:44 pm

Elaine, stop looking back -- look ahead!

Luke 9:62 But Jesus said to him, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."

Some time ago, I wrote a devotional about not worrying for tomorrow because tomorrow holds its own worries. But it occurred to me recently, that just about as often as we worry for tomorrow, we fret about yesterday. How many times do we find ourselves saying, "I wish things could be the way they were, I wish I was younger, I wish I could fit into those jeans again, I wish I didn't make that terrible mistake ... you fill in the blank"?

The Lord doesn't want us constantly looking back at what once was. Our enemy does -- he wants us to feel discouraged and helpless and ruminate over and over on what we can never change. Sure, if we need to repent or make something right, we ought to go ahead and do it. But God doesn't want us drowning in self-pity or regret about past mistakes, or hopelessly longing for what can never be again . He wants us to look ahead. He wants us to say, "Forget what was -- the future is where my destiny lies and I will meet the Lord there in His purposes for me." That's faith. And it's well based in everything Yeshua (Jesus) has done for us, promised us, and called us to.

Elaine, so, let's stop looking back in fear or bondage to the past -- it's long gone already. Let's move ahead and press toward the new things that the Lord has for us in our lives. Our God is always making things new, and redeeming what was before.

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 21 May 2020, 9:42 pm

Elaine, sharpen your ax!

Ecclesiastes 10:10 If the ax is dull, And one does not sharpen the edge, Then he must use more strength; But wisdom brings success.

When I was younger I used to take an ax and cut up firewood from the woods behind our house. The one thing I always did was sharpen my ax! A dull ax meant harder work chopping through fallen trees. The sharper the ax the less effort and energy required for the task. So I learned early on to sharpen my ax before venturing into the woods, and I saved myself a lot of time and energy. (Besides I was a small kid, growing up, so I needed all the help I could get! Wink )

I see a lesson here. How many of us are exerting so much energy for the Kingdom, but are working with dull axes? We need to sharpen our spiritual lives, get focused in prayer, and spend deep time in the Word. Then, when we are "out in the woods", working for the Kingdom our effectiveness will be greatly multiplied because our axes are sharp!

Elaine, don't get so busy that your ax becomes dull. Remember that your devotion to the Lord and His word will sharpen your spiritual life, especially before you start the day. Prioritize your devotional life and watch how your "edge" will cut through the problems, obstacles, and difficult situations, like a hot knife through butter!

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 20 May 2020, 11:20 am

Elaine, be endued with power from on high!

Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Shortly after WWI, Lawrence of Arabia was entertaining some of his Arab friends in Paris. He showed them the sights of the city: the Arc d'Triomph, the Louvre, the Champs Elysees. It was a remarkable irony to Lawrence that these amazing sights were not what most impressed his Arab friends -- but rather the bathtub faucet of their hotel room. They were completely astonished that someone could turn a handle...and get all the water he wanted.

As they were preparing to leave Paris, Lawrence found his foreign friends in the bathroom with wrenches trying to disconnect the faucet.

They said, "It is very dry in Arabia. What we need are faucets. If we have them, we will have all the water we want." Lawrence had to explain that the water did not come from the faucets, but rather from the water supply to which they were connected. It doesn't matter if you have a faucet -- if you're not connected to the water supply!

As we approach the Jewish festival of Shavuot otherwise known as the day of Pentecost, we're reminded of how God endued those in the Upper Room with power from on high! They waited – and waited – and waited, for the promised coming of the Holy Spirit. They didn't go forth proclaiming the gospel UNTIL they were filled with power from on high. I believe as they were in prayer in the upper room, God was revealing different sins in their lives that He wanted them to deal with, so that He could fill them to overflowing. The Lord did not want these saints just to be faucets -- but rather, conduits of his power!

Elaine, let's spend time today making sure all the obstructions are cleared -- so that we can be the spirit-filled saints God has called us to be in these last days! There's so much work to be done -- but let's be sure we're doing the work, fully endued with power from on high!

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 19 May 2020, 11:22 pm

Elaine, praise God you can't be separated!

Romans 8:35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

One of His greatest promises to us is that nothing can separate us from the love of God. No tribulation or distress we might ever suffer can obliterate the power of His love to carry us through!

This tells me so clearly that I cannot read God's love for me by my circumstances alone, and that's often my greatest temptation: "How could a loving God allow this to happen to me?" But the Lord never promised we would escape hardship, persecution, poverty or danger -- (in fact, He promised the opposite); the promise is that His love for us would be greater than any and all circumstances we might have to endure. Consider the life of Yeshua (Jesus). He went to the cross and died an excruciating death -- He didn't escape difficulties -- He experienced them more than anyone could ever imagine! So, allow His death to settle any questions you have about the love of God!

Elaine, don't ever judge God's love for you based on circumstances alone, but rather evaluate your circumstances from God's point of view: Love. It's His main motive for everything that happens to you.

Baltimore, Maryland

Responding to Criticism
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 18 May 2020, 9:06 pm

Elaine, your blind side is covered!

John 14:26 But the Helper [Paraclete], the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

The Lord gave us His promise to send us a helper -- the Holy Spirit. The word for "helper" in the NT Greek is "paraclete". This word has more meaning then simply "helper" -- it was also an ancient term used in warfare. When Greek warriors went onto the battle field, they went out in pairs, so when the enemy attacked they could stand back-to-back, covering each other's blind side. The battle partner in Greek was called a "paraclete" -- he was there to watch your back!

The Holy Spirit is more than our helper and comforter – He's our battle partner who covers our blind side and protects our well being.

Elaine, you're not in this fight alone. The Lord has given you a 'paraclete' to go along with you. Don't grieve Him – listen carefully – let Him lead as you fight the good fight of faith, and don't worry about your blind side -- He's got your back!

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 15 May 2020, 11:48 am

Elaine, holiness from the inside out!

1 Peter 2:5,9 You also, as living stones, are built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, that you may show forth the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Believers in Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) have all been inducted into a priesthood by the new birth, a New Covenant priesthood established by the Lord Himself, in the order of Melchizidek [Psalm 110:4; Hebrews 7:11]. While the Old Testament Levitical priesthood was limited exclusively to the sons of Aaron, all New Testament believers in Messiah are called a "Royal priesthood" [1 Peter 2:5; 2:9].

Exodus 28 describes the exquisite beauty of the holy clothing to be worn by Aaron and his sons. Anyone beholding these men in full priestly dress would be struck with wonder and admiration at the beauty and significance of this majestic, bejeweled array of garments. The impression created by the Levitical priests and their sacred adornment could be likened to the New Covenant believer's outward appearance, which should also be obvious to others; the beauty of good works, tenderheartedness, joyful countenance etc.

Yet there is another parallel, perhaps even more important: when dressing himself for his priestly ministry, the Levitical High Priest actually begins by donning his linen undergarments. These, of course, are invisible to others, yet are the garments closest to his body, and could be likened to his invisible inner life.

Yeshua's Sermon on the Mount speaks to this invisible area of human nature and its propensity to sin. We may appear quite religious and lovely outwardly, impressing others with cultivated behavior, and good deeds, while our "undergarments" are soiled and anything but holy. But, of course, the undergarments of the High Priest were also required to be holy, even though no one would ever see them.

Elaine, your outer life and behavior will reveal a great deal about you, as your face and actions reflect your heart, character and values. But the source of all that is visible in your life must correspond to that which is hidden...your "spiritual undergarments"; i.e. your inner life with the Lord. The holiness of God should permeate every facet of our lives, so what we walk out in public flows from our private communion with Him.

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 14 May 2020, 11:29 pm

Elaine, be a reflection of Him!

Proverbs 27:19 As in water face reflects face, so the heart of man reflects the man.

In Israel, the Ministry of the Interior is called Misrad Ha-Pnim, translated literally, "Office of the Faces". Those in charge of immigration and citizenship are looking into the faces of those who seek citizenship or residency within the land. Some have observed that the officials there carefully scrutinize each applicant...

In this proverb, Solomon observes that the heart of a man indicates how he is perceived, since the condition of your heart will be reflected...right there on your face!

Our lives should be a reflection of Yeshua's love, joy and peace … and people should be able to see it immediately upon our faces.

And if our hearts are not in the right place, that will also be easily observed, because our faces somehow mirror our inward thoughts and feelings.

So Elaine, your walk with the Lord, and His Spirit within you will be reflected in a deepening love, joy and peace … and others will know it and see it — there in your face!

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 13 May 2020, 9:05 pm

Elaine, who can endure it?

Joel 2:11-13 The Lord gives voice before His army, For His camp is very great; For strong is the One who executes His word. For the day of the Lord is great and very terrible; Who can endure it? "Now, therefore," says the Lord, "Turn to Me with all your heart, With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning." So rend your heart, and not your garments; Return to the Lord your God, For He is gracious and merciful, Slow to anger, and of great kindness; And He relents from doing harm.

In this prophetic passage, the critical question is immediately followed by the powerfully convicting answer. Joel prophesies the Day of the Lord, and asks, "Who can endure it?" The next word "therefore", is followed by the prophet's urgent counsel: "Turn to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning!" Real repentance -- not some superficial, wimpy, "I'm sorry God", but a deep, sorrowful, heart-wrenching cry with fasting, that means business and recognizes the terrible danger ahead -- is what is required.

I have to ask myself, how willing am I to enter into this depth of repentance in order to restore, or deepen my relationship with my Lord, or to cry out in identification with a dying world full of lost souls. Are my emotions and my soul willing to be passionately engaged with the grim reality in and around me? How does this affect my prayer life? or my attitude toward my sins? As I look at this world, I clearly see the Day of the Lord looming on the horizon. This prophecy may never be more applicable than it is now, in our very day.

Elaine, let's take a serious account of things, and allow ourselves to be truly, profoundly moved by what we find. If, as the Lord told us, those that mourn are blessed, then let's not shrink back from what we see in ourselves and in the world around us.."There is a time to mourn"...the Lord will be rejoicing. He is seeking those who will recognize and deeply repent of their sin...and He longs to forgive and restore us.

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 12 May 2020, 10:00 pm

Elaine, do you feel used?

Hebrews 13:20-21 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

While on the road to Damascus, Yeshua (Jesus) appeared to Saul, blinded him and directed him to go to Damascus. There, God spoke to Ananias of Saul and told to lay hands on this troubled man. Ananias did as he commanded and Saul was filled with the Holy Spirit, healed of his blindness and immediately baptized.

In another instance, while Cornelius was praying, God sent an angel to tell him "Go and find Peter and he shall tell you what you need to do." Cornelius, along with his household and friends, did what he commanded, and God used Peter to bring them all into the Kingdom!

God could have easily brought both Saul and Cornelius into the Kingdom without the intervention of any believer – but that was not His plan. He used Ananias, Peter and countless others to finish what He had already started!

In the same way, God wants to include us in His plans! He has been speaking to people in our families, neighborhoods, offices and everywhere else we go! He has been drawing them gently and He wants us to be a part of their salvation!

Elaine, God still speaks to his people, does he not? And we are his sheep and know His voice, do we not? Let's use this time of stress and turmoil -- as an opportunity to share the good news to a world that is ripe for harvest!

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 08 May 2020, 11:08 pm

Elaine, give thanks for His rest!

Hebrews 4:3-4 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: "So I swore in My wrath, 'They shall not enter My rest,' " although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: "And God rested on the seventh day from all His works";

As God worked on creation for six days and rested on the seventh day, so our seven day week is established on that pattern. If, as the scripture declares, with the Lord one day is as 1,000 years and 1,000 years as a day, then the seven-day cycle also finds expression in a great historical "week". As we approach the 1,000-year reign of the Messiah, this "millennium" as it is called, (described in some detail in Revelation chapter 20), is clearly understood as a time of global rest, peace, and righteousness throughout the Earth.

This "millennial" rest could never come but for its foundation in Yeshua's cross which was established at the foundation of the world [Revelation 13:8], although it was historically accomplished about 2000 years ago. Our own regular week, itself, with its 7th day of rest gives perpetual testimony to our Lord's provision for all mankind. This provision is both natural and spiritual; present and future.

Yeshua's "work" on the cross was the greatest and most difficult labor in history. And He declared it finished, shortly before the Jewish Sabbath began that week, His followers hurrying to remove Him from the cross and bury Him in the tomb before Shabbat began. The Lord's agonizing work of suffering and death has given rest to all who have believed in Him.

Elaine, your weekly day of rest serves a powerful reminder aside from being a day of delight, refreshment, and renewal. You are resting in Yeshua's finished work, utterly incapable of laboring for your own righteousness, sins forgiven by the shedding of His blood. You also are resting in the hope of the world, the return of the Messiah to establish His peaceable kingdom of righteousness. So this weekend, leave the struggles -- the labors -- the toil of the week behind you – and enter into His rest, His peace. This is His good will for us who believe.

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 07 May 2020, 10:36 pm

Elaine, stick to the plan!

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

We often develop strategies, game-plans, life-plans – and then, at some obstacle or critical point, we say – "Just stick to the plan!" It's usually good advice.

Life is always sending unexpected surprises, but praise God, nothing takes Him by surprise. He's the master planner. Our family might turn against us, our friends let us down, illness, afflictions, problems and "situations" on every side...God still has a plan, for you, and for me.

Joseph is a prime example of life's surprises. It took 13 years of endurance and character-building for him to fulfill this part of God's plan. Sold as a slave into Egypt by his own brothers, betrayed and imprisoned, he must have wondered a lot where God was and what He was doing. But finally, as a prepared vessel, Joseph was placed in the highest position in the land, second only to Pharaoh, and commissioned to execute God's plan for saving the world from famine. So the Lord had surprises of His own. Revealing himself to his brothers, Joseph summed it up beautifully: "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good, in order to bring it about as [it is] this day, to save many people alive. ." (Genesis 50:20)

When our situations are difficult to handle and downright impossible to explain, we need to remind ourselves that God said, “I know the plans I have for you.” Through these situations we discover how faithful and sovereign He truly is. He knows what we can handle and He will never give us more. When the test is completed, we come out with character, stronger in faith, more in love, more useful to Him, and ready........... for our next test. Smile (Oh yeah...)

Elaine, the fact that we have problems is a sign that we also have a promise. It’s only a matter of time before God reveals His good intentions – so until then, let’s stick to the plan! His !!!

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 06 May 2020, 1:14 pm

Elaine , you have staying power!

Proverbs 24:16 for the righteous falls seven times and rises again, but the wicked stumble in times of calamity.

Counsellors, encouragers, and people who offer care to others often encounter those whose past failures threaten to define them and hinder their development, healing, and sanctification. Our enemy capitalizes on our failures and regrets, pressing home the current influence of what we could have, would have, or should have done, if only we were wiser, more courageous, honest, or godly.

There is, however, an internal posture which is invincible against the pile of regrets and accusations the devil's crew levels at us. It's basis is the new foundation on which we stand and live: the righteousness of Another, a perfectly righteous and holy Savior, whose righteousness is imparted to us by repentance and faith.

Although the above passage is from the Old Testament, its reference to the "righteous" carries exponential significance in light of the New Covenant. The LORD God clearly defines those who identify with Him as individuals who "keep getting up, keep trying, keep pressing through, seven times over; (7, the perfect number)." It seems that true righteousness inspires perseverance. You may have seen it in your own life...

Imperfection has been infused into our world since the Fall. Our mortal bodies will not in this life cease to be prone to failure, stumbling and missing the mark, giving plenty of opportunity for regret, dejection or self-pity. And while genuine mourning, godly sorrow, deep contrition, and pouring out our hearts to Him are blessed and appreciated by our compassionate Lord, He does not leave us to abide in depression or defeat. In fact, He assures us that "All things work together for the good of those who love Him..."

Elaine, take note again of the source of your staying power. You are a new creature, whose past or present failures cannot define your identity. God is faithful who will inspire and reward your persistence in pressing through even the most difficult challenges and circumstances, past or present. Only believe and press on...He "is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory, with exceeding great joy..." [Jude 1:24]

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 04 May 2020, 10:40 pm

Daily Disciples - May 4

2020 May 04

May 4

Today's Reading: 1 Kings 16; Luke 22:47-71

Today's Thoughts: Following Him

And Elijah came to all the people, and said, "How long will you falter between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him." But the people answered him not a word. 1 Kings 18:21 

Do you ever find yourself faltering between two opinions? Have you ever felt torn between decisions and not sure of what to do? Maybe we get torn sometimes because we are focusing more on the what, than on the Who. Whether we want to admit it, everything comes down to a choice. We must choose between who, what and how almost everyday of our lives. The Bible makes it clear that we are to choose whom we will follow. There really is no middle road.

The problem lies in the fact that we do not like to think of ourselves as choosing to follow a false god, like Baal. But when we turn from following the Lord, we are turning to follow something else. We get caught up in life’s activities and look for God only when we need Him. Did we just choose those activities over the Lord? Probably so. How do we make sure that we choose God first in everything?

We must make the Lord our priority everyday. We must start our day with Him, praying about our schedules, asking for His guidance, reading His word for instruction, and worshiping Him with grateful hearts. We must learn to practice these things every day.

If we put these actions into practice, then we will find ourselves following God, without faltering. God knows our hearts and He wants us to want Him more than anything else. He wants us to stop choosing the what in our lives and start choosing the Who, Jesus Christ. Start your day with the Lord and ask Him to guide you. Beware of choosing to serve the false gods of this world. The Lord will help you if you just ask Him.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.

Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 02 May 2020, 5:12 pm

Elaine, sometimes its hard to understand adversity -- but there's a purpose!

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I suppose one of the hardest questions to answer is: "Why do I have to deal with so much adversity?!"

Quite honestly, one of the best answers I've ever come across was written by C.S. Lewis in his book, Mere Christianity. Lewis likened God's use of adversity to walking a dog. If the dog gets its leash wrapped around a pole and tries to continue running forward, he will only tighten the leash more. Both the dog and the owner are after the same end: forward motion. But the owner must resist the dog by pulling him opposite of the direction that he wants to go. The master, sharing the same intention, but understanding better than the dog where he really wants to go, takes an action precisely opposite to that of the dog's will. It is in this way that God uses adversity!

We really don't like being pulled and corrected by the Lord -- but when we understand there's a greater purpose involved, then we can pass through adversity with hope, expectation and steadfastness knowing these events are for our greater good!

Elaine, let's learn from the trials and tribulations we go through because God has a purpose in them. We may not enjoy it, but when all's said and done, enduring trials faithfully will produce perseverance, character, and hope. And hope will not disappoint us for the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit...[Romans 5:4-5] We truly can trust in the God who loves us with an everlasting love because He knows the direction we need to go, AND He knows exactly how to get us there!

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 30 Apr 2020, 10:03 pm

Elaine, perfection is coming!

Matthew 6:30-34 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today, and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? O you of little faith! Do not worry then, saying, "What shall we eat?" or, "What shall we drink?" or, "What shall we wear?" For after all these things do the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will worry about itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

In Biblical Hebrew, the verb tenses are not like our "past", "present", and "future" – there are only two: "perfect" and "imperfect". The "imperfect" tense is that which is not yet, not done, or not completed. The "perfect" is that which is done, complete, and finished.

The Bible speaks of things that are yet to come in the perfect tense as if they are already completed; (also called the "prophetic past"). God can have a finished work that hasn’t happened yet -- for example, our salvation! In Messiah, we are a finished work that hasn't happened yet. We are becoming what we are already, in Him.

Yeshua (Jesus) instructed us to pray, "on earth as it is in heaven." Since we (believers) are born from above -- from the finished, perfect work of God, we are already participating in His perfection, though we are still on earth doing His will.

Elaine, so, reflect on this truth of your already complete perfection in Yeshua. You will look at your problems a little differently -- actually be less worried about them from this "Heavenly" point of view. You may still be working them out with fear and trembling, yet rest in this simple and amazing fact: in Yeshua, they are already resolved!

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 29 Apr 2020, 12:18 pm

Elaine, you are what you eat!

1 Timothy 4:8 For bodily exercise has some value, but godliness has value for all things, having the promise of the life which is now, and of that which is to come.

A significant response to the current pandemic has been medical professionals in various places offering valuable advice on the role of diet toward building and increasing our body's immunity to viruses and disease in general. This kind of advice can be truly salutary, even life-saving. Yet the aphorism, "You are what you eat", though often heard, isn't always taken as seriously as we might...And that may contribute to unpleasant health consequences.

But how much more applicable and consequential does it apply to our spiritual health? My answer is "Garbage in … garbage out…!" If we fill our minds with things that pollute soul and body, spiritual junk food as it were, our spiritual immunity will be duly compromised for fighting off the constant incursions from the enemy of our souls.

And while poor physical immunity will subject us to the ills of life on Earth, compromised spiritual immunity will have severe consequences both here, and also when we cross into eternity. Anyone can see that spiritual wickedness is increasing, and so spiritual immunity is more important every day. We all need now to watch and improve our diet, since it could even mean survival.

Elaine, a healthy spiritual diet isn't rocket science. It's actually a matter of "taste"....that is, "Taste and see that the LORD is good." Be with Him, first and foremost. Just spend quiet time in His presence, without feeling like its an obligation. "The Word of God is living and active..." The Holy Spirit will bring that Word to greater life in your soul and body. 1 Timothy 4:8 adds: "For bodily exercise has some value, but godliness has value for all things, having the promise of the life which is now, and of that which is to come." Let's not neglect a healthy spiritual lifestyle — in these days we need to be on top of our game. Avoid spiritual junk food! That quiet time to be at complete peace, in God's Word, in prayer, will feed your soul with the spiritual nutrition needed to fight the daily battles... with powerful immunity!

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Apr 2020, 12:30 pm

Elaine, go to your room!

Matthew 6:6 But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

As parents, we’ve had to adjust the way we discipline our children from time to time as they grow and as the culture changes....with especially major differences from the time when I was growing up. For example, when I was young and got in trouble, I was sent to my room, in which was my bed and a bunch of books. There was no TV, radio, internet, or phone. It was a time-out given to re-evaluate my attitude and behavior.

These days, when we need to discipline our children, we take away their phones, their tablets, and their computers, and give them a book to read. Such are the challenges of modern parenting.

People are asking me what I think of the current pandemic, how I interpret it, especially from God's perspective. And I can’t help but see a parallel in which our Heavenly Father is disciplining His children whom He loves. It seems to me that our Abba (Dad) has sent us to our room to re-evaluate our attitude and behavior, and hopefully to read and meditate on His Book in a quiet time separated from the world and our normal frantic activities. One big difference, however, is that He did not (yet) take away our TVs, radios, tablets, or computers...(though that may be coming later).

Elaine, how is the Lord's discipline affecting you? Being “sent to your room” for a season has a good and important purpose if you'll accept it. Just as good parenting is intended to shape character and bring children to maturity, our Father's discipline is an opportunity that should not be missed, avoided or scorned. He's giving us time to re-evaluate our lives, draw near to Him, seek and pray to Him to better understand the serious times in which we're living, and prepare...for what we're called to do for the Kingdom in the coming days. God disciplines those He loves. His "schoolroom" has eternity in mind. Don't miss the opportunity to "go to your room", (shut the door, pray etc...)

Baltimore, Maryland

Editor's Note: Be sure to submit any prayer requests you may have to the Worthy Prayer Team
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 27 Apr 2020, 4:29 pm

Elaine, counting the omer -- and your blessings!

Leviticus 23:15-17 “You shall count seven full weeks from the day after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering. You shall count fifty days to the day after the seventh Sabbath. Then you shall present a grain offering of new grain to the LORD.  You shall bring from your dwelling places two loaves of bread to be waved, made of two-tenths of an ephah. They shall be of fine flour, and they shall be baked with leaven, as firstfruits to the LORD. 

In the Tenach (Old Testament), the Lord commanded Israel to count the Omer (the Barley Harvest) beginning the day after the sabbath during Passover, 50 days to the Biblical Festival of Shavuot (Pentecost).

A remarkable fact is that for nearly 2000 years the Jewish people had no homeland, and no harvest to count – yet they continued to count the Omer, counting a harvest that did not exist. Then, about 130 years ago a historical miracle began as the Lord drew the Jewish people back to their ancient homeland, the land of Israel. The land was revived from being a dusty desert, and the barley harvest was restored, (as well a multitude of other crops), so that now, the Omer is counted as it was in ancient times, with an actual harvest!

Now, if the Jews in diaspora (dispersion) could count the days of a non-existent harvest, in expectation of a divine blessing which they earnestly hoped for, then they set an excellent example for us who trust in the Messiah they gave to the world. Since faith is the conviction of things NOT seen, we, also, can begin to give thanks for blessings we're praying for but have yet to receive. Our unsaved loved-one, chronic illness, broken relationship, financial disaster, loss of vision.....all these are trials which are testing and maturing our faith.

We can rejoice in them, even as we give thanks in the expectation of victory, restoration, and a harvest of righteousness which is on the way. And may these come to many of us by Shavuot, this year (May 28th).

Elaine, thank the Lord for the blessings you're about to receive -- they're on the way!

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 23 Apr 2020, 8:41 pm

Elaine, walk in prophecy!

2 Kings 23:16-17 And as Josiah turned himself, he spied the sepulchres that were there in the mount, and sent, and took the bones out of the sepulchres, and burned them upon the altar, and polluted it, according to the word of the LORD which the man of God proclaimed, who proclaimed these words. Then he said, What title is that that I see? And the men of the city told him, It is the sepulchre of the man of God, which came from Judah, and proclaimed these things that thou hast done against the altar of Bethel.

This is an interesting passage of Scripture which details how Josiah, a young and Godly king, went forth to cleanse the land, and in doing so, finds that he was fulfilling a prophecy given years before. Josiah went forth doing what was right -- and in doing so, was walking out the works that God preordained for him -- he was fulfilling the calling that God had set into motion years before!

Each of us is alive for such a time as this, living in this day and hour, and all around us prophecy is being fulfilled. Quite honestly, the prophecies of these last days seem to be being fulfilled faster than I anticipated -- but nevertheless, we are witnessing the signs all around us, and they are not so comforting.

So what is our mandate, our calling, our destiny for these days? Will we walk as Josiah, steadfast after God? Because in our day as well, there is prophecy spoken by Jesus himself concerning these last days in which we live: "because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." [Matthew 24:12] Josiah walked amidst incredible idolatry and sin in Israel, (just like we are now), but instead of catering or yielding to it, he used all the authority he had to tear it down. He was fearless in his hatred of sin because of his intense love for God. Jesus' words imply a specific calling for us in these last days: Don't allow your love to grow cold!

Elaine, Sin abounds all around us, and maybe to some extent, IN us– but it's already written that we can triumph over it if we will just keep our love for him HOT! On the cross he won an astounding victory which we can claim and walk in each and every day of our lives! If we walk in his victory, we too can fulfill the prophetic words of the greatest prophet, because he did not say "the love of ALL will grow cold". So let us be those who fulfill this prophetic destiny the way King Josiah did. We CAN be the ones who keep that passion for God, even in these terrible times!

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 22 Apr 2020, 1:24 pm

Elaine, be still!

Psalms 46:10  Be still, and know that I am God! I will be praised among the nations, I will be praised in the earth.

In one passage in John, we read about how Yeshua's (Jesus) friend Lazarus was critically ill. Since Lazarus was a good friend of Yeshua, I'm sure those around Yeshua were expecting that He would come immediately to his aid. The scripture says, however, that Yeshua stayed two more days in the place where He was. It was in those two days that Lazarus died.

It's so hard to understand why it is that God waits to do the things we ask of Him. It's good for us to remember, though, that He has His purposes for waiting. God was about to teach everyone involved a much deeper lesson here. As Yeshua raised Lazarus from the dead, He made sure they all understood that He is the resurrection and the life for all who believe.

God has His perfect timing for everything under heaven. You may be waiting for God to intervene in some area of your life. You may have been begging and pleading with God for years on that particular thing. But we can relax and know that God's timing is perfect. We never know what God is doing behind the scenes, in order that our joy would be made full. Remember that He knows best what would bless us most and He is working all things for those of us who love Him and are called according to His purposes.

Elaine, relax. God is in control. He has greater things for you than what you could ask or think!

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 21 Apr 2020, 11:45 pm

Elaine, have obedient faith!

Hebrews 11:30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they had been encircled for seven days.

After spending forty years in the wilderness, the children of Israel crossed into the Promised Land arriving to immediately face what seemed an impregnable fortress and an impossible task. Imagine receiving the instruction to march around the fortified city seven times, then finally be commanded to shout with all your might and sound shofars! It seemed like such a ridiculous warfare strategy...and yet, this time, they followed the instructions, marching around the walled city of Jericho and on the 7th day, after 7 rounds, witnessed the miraculous collapse which opened the way to victory.

Obeying the voice of the Lord in faith was met with His supernatural intervening power. The object lesson?

Do what God says, follow His instructions, putting your faith into action!

Elaine, faith that works is true faith, and it reveals the awesome God whom we serve! Respond to God's word obediently, no matter how ridiculous it may seem, and when He is ready your breakthrough will come!

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 20 Apr 2020, 6:24 pm

Elaine, have biblical faith!

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

A.W. Tozer had an interesting commentary on this verse. He said: "Faith is seeing the invisible, but not the nonexistent."

We live in a world today that seems out of control -- yet the Word clearly tells us that God remains in control.

When the Israelites were driven to the Red Sea their situation appeared impossible and desperate through human eyes. They failed their first test of faith when they told Moses it would have been better to serve as slaves than to die in the wilderness. [Exodus 14:10-12] Though they had seen His miracles of deliverance from slavery in Egypt, they failed to remember to encourage themselves with this recent history of Divine intervention.

YHVH allowed the "impossible situation" to test their faith and to reveal His glory and power!

Biblical faith believes and stands upon the invisible reality of God's presence, power, and protection, in difficult, even impossible circumstances. People of faith keep our eyes on Heaven where the Lord's sovereignty over all earthly events inspires trust which is not based on what we see, but remembers how our invisible God has delivered, preserved, and protected us in the past.

Elaine, let's not fail the test as the Israelities did, wishing they were back in Egypt! There are times when life places us in "impossible situations" which our Lord allows to test our faith and to reveal Himself and His glory. Whatever impossible situation you may be facing, encourage yourself with memories of God's past faithfulness and blessed providence. You will not know from where or how the deliverance will come. But do not allow the "invisibility" of the solution to throw you into doubt or panic. Stand firm in what you do not see, and then, see the salvation of the Lord!

Baltimore, Maryland

Editor's Note: See how our Worthy Prayer Team works in this YouTube video. Be sure to submit any prayer requests you may have to the Worthy Prayer Team! Worthy Ministries is looking for intercessors for the Worthy Prayer Team ... let us know if you're interested!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 17 Apr 2020, 5:48 pm

Elaine, you’re battling a defeated enemy!

Luke 10:17-20 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the demons are subject to us through Your name. And He said to them, I saw Satan fall from Heaven like lightning. Behold, I give to you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the authority of the enemy. And nothing shall by any means hurt you. Yet do not rejoice in this, that the evil spirits are subject to you, rather rejoice because your names are written in Heaven.

So often when I'm counseling someone, he speaks of his life as a life of struggle and even defeat. But what is our true spiritual reality? The Bible describes the enemy as ALREADY defeated! We who are walking as pilgrims in this world, fighting on a daily basis, are fighting a defeated enemy. Let that sink in! He has already been defeated ... even though throughout our entire lives we're in combat with the enemy of our souls.

So when you are dealing with problems, just don't allow yourself to become discouraged … instead, grasp the reality that God intends to bring to this earth through you. Though he may try to seem powerful, the devil has already suffered his crushing defeat, at the cross of Calvary!

Elaine, you're pressing through painful struggles in this life, tribulations which the Lord clearly spoke of. Our enemy causes plenty of problems and pain; nevertheless if you will remember and truly realize that Satan was defeated 2000 years ago, you will press on with a deep and quiet confidence in Yeshua's victory. Nothing and no one can steal that victory from you because, now and forever, in Yeshua, you have already won!

Baltimore, Maryland

Editor's Note: Worthy Ministries is proud to announce that we're syndicating Worthy News and Worthy Devotions for churches and Christian ministries to freely use our content! If you are interested, please visit Worthy Plugins.

Editor's Note:Be sure to submit any prayer requests you may have to the Worthy Prayer Team!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next