World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyToday at 10:03 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyToday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyToday at 8:27 pm by Admin

» BooK of Revelation Various
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyToday at 5:00 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 11:43 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:13 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Tue 09 Oct 2018, 11:29 am

Elaine, stop pretending!

Psalms 56:2-4 Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High. What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

Some experts believe that acute stress can provoke changes in the heart that may lead to death. In one study, fifteen cases were identified in which people died after a physical assault, even though the injuries alone were not enough to kill them. Eleven of the fifteen showed a type of heart-cell death, similar to a reaction in experimental animals that feel helpless to anticipate or avoid danger.

We live in a day that godlessness is on the rise -- a day in which the world (and even some of the church) is motivated by money, power and the desire for worldly pleasures -- a day in which the fruit of this behavior is apparent even to the worst of us. It's a scary time.

Even amidst these frightful times, though, isn't it wonderful to know that we don't have to pretend we're not afraid? God knew we would be afraid from time to time. But He encourages us to redirect our attention to put our trust again in Him. He, who is all powerful and watches over us intently. What a gracious and compassionate Father we have! 

Elaine, let's ask the Lord to help us keep our focus on trusting Him for all things. When we are focused on this, there's no stopping us from doing the great things He has called us to do!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Baltimore, MD

Editor's Note: We're starting to put together our Winter Tour to the States. If you would like to us minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or host a Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyemail.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 08 Oct 2018, 10:45 am

Elaine, walk on water!?!?!

Matthew 14:26-32 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.

Peter exhibited GREAT faith when he stepped out on the water... but then he allowed his immediate surroundings to hinder his walk! Peter's faith began with a tremendous bold step, but it required a level of focus that he wasn't used to. Follow through.... that was the problem; those pesky waves, and the way he usually thought about and experienced water; (not something that generally supports your feet)...

We all know what Peter should have done, right? Keep his eyes on the Lord, NOT the waves!!! That's easy for us to say. But how many of us have ever stepped out of the boat? I didn't notice any of the other disciples playing follow the leader with Peter. 

Elaine, I see two things from this: First, put a little adventure into your life; step out on the water; you might actually enjoy the exhilaration and really glorify God on the way. And secondly, If and when you do, learn from Peter's mistake. Make sure you live life keeping your focus on the Lord (not on your own spiritual ambitions)...because you can be totally confident the waves will come, once you're out of the boat. But watching the Lord of Life walking there with you will give you the vision to follow through.

In the air flying from Israel to the United States

Editor's Note: We're starting to put together our Winter Tour to the States. If you would like to us minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or host a Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyemail.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 05 Oct 2018, 9:45 am

October 5

Elaine, don't despise the resistance! 

Matthew 5:14-16 You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. 

In the sermon on the mount, Yeshua said, "You are the light of the world," and commanded us to let our lights shine that we may give glory to our Heavenly Father. This world is becoming more ungodly and dark, and by deep contrast, the saints of the Lord will shine brighter! A candle in a bright room isn't particularly significant or easy to notice. A candle in the darkness shines like a lighthouse and offers the only source of guidance for movement.

When Yeshua (Jesus) warned that the love of many will wax cold [Matthew 24:12], He implied that those who remain loving will really stand out. The resistance increases; the contrast deepens!

Bodybuilders are familiar with resistance training. They work each muscle group to the point of exhaustion...take a few days off....and the muscle mass increases. The next time they exercise with even more resistance...the result, more bulk! So it is with us in these treacherous times. The darkness and resistance of these evil days requires and will produce greater faith and greater love......if we let them.

This world is testing our love and and quenching our light. How will we respond? Will we wimp out, be extinguished, and grow cold? [Matthew 24:12] Or will we recognize that the resistance we face is God's way of building faith and love in His disciples? 

Elaine, are you exhausted, spiritually spent and on the verge of quitting? Take some serious time out this Shabbat (Sabbath). Rest and reflect on how your love, joy and faith were tested this week. Give thanks for the "resistance" training the Lord has orchestrated just for you, and allow Him to rebuild your spiritual muscles while you rest. You will return on Monday ... more spiritually ripped in His love, and wrapped in His light!

In the air flying from Israel to the United States

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 04 Oct 2018, 1:03 pm

Elaine, beware of seduction!

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 

In Ancient Greece, mythology and history were hard to distinguish. Tales of gods and demigods abounded. The chief god of Mount Olympus was Zeus. It is told that Zeus became enamored with the princess Europa and decided to seduce and ravish her. Zeus shape-shifted, transforming himself into a tame white bull. Europa, the daughter of King Agenor of Sidon, was picking flowers, when she saw the bull, and then climbed on his back. Zeus carried her away. The Romans later recounted the tale which became known as the "seduction of Europa", (with the Roman "Jupiter" replacing Zeus).

It seems telling that modern Europe has adopted this story and symbol as an identifying emblem: a "Woman riding a Beast", known as "Europa". The symbol is depicted on Euro coins; sculptures of Europa adorn important European buildings, and the dual figure is in plain sight throughout the European continent.

Europe gave birth to the Enlightenment period, which emphasized reason and individualism. Also in Europe the Bible was first translated and printed in different languages. The small continent saw the birth of the Protestant Reformation which eventually gave rise to a new age of missionary activity unmatched since the time of the apostles. The two streams of Faith and Reason have since competed in Europe, yet all the while Europa seems to have perpetuated her pagan influence in this region, notwithstanding the centuries of Christianity on European soil. Can it be accidental that Europa, a powerful pagan symbol of lust and idolatry, epitomizes European culture and identity? Has Europe been seduced by Greece? And what about the church?

The author of Ecclesiastes repines, "There is nothing new under the sun." The book of Exodus recounts YHVH's deliverance of the children of Israel with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, yet, Israel too was somehow seduced into idol worship of a golden calf through Egyptian religious influence which they carried out with them.

Do we think we are immune to seduction? Our enemy has studied us and has been practicing his art for thousands of years. An "angel of light" [2 Cor. 11:14], is how he disguises himself; a deceiving wolf dressed up in wool. The last days will witness a great apostasy, [2 Thes. 2:3-4] a turning away from Biblical faith.

Elaine, we need to know our God and His Word! We need to understand Satan's schemes [2 Corinthians 2:11], and discern and expose them [Ephesians 5:11]. The enemy is subtle and he knows how to mix lies into truth -- however our protection is truly knowing and loving Yeshua (Jesus), living in His Word, continuing in prayer, and being watchful. The days are evil and the Word even says if it were possible even the elect would be deceived! Don't be seduced; but stay close to the cross, for there is a strong delusion coming [2 Thessalonians 2:11], and many will believe what is false!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 01 Oct 2018, 11:50 am

Elaine, don't forget your passport! 

John 14:13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Here in Israel, I have to carry my passport everywhere. It's always in my pocket where ever I go. It's my source of American identity here in the Land, should anyone ever question it.

There have been times when it's been through the washer a few times -- at one point all the stamps in it were dulled and faded. As a matter of fact, this a few years ago when I was entering Israel, the airport clerk alerted me that they would not accept my passport in this condition – and that I had better replace it before I travel again. Gulp!

E.M. Bounds wrote in his book, Purpose in Prayer: "Christ taught us... to approach the Father in His name. That is our passport! It is in His name that we are to make our petitions known... There is no limit to the power of that name. "Whatsoever ye shall ask." That is the divine declaration, and it opens up to every praying child a vista of infinite resource and possibility ... and that is our heritage. All that Christ has may become ours if we obey the conditions."

We need our prayers to reach the throne of God! And in order for them to travel, they need a good passport!

Elaine, when we pray in the mighty Name of Jesus (Yeshua, in Hebrew) today, our requests are transported right to God's holy throne room! Let's petition the Father according to His will and expect GREAT things to happen!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 28 Sep 2018, 10:29 pm

Elaine, enter in! 

Psalms 105:3 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.

As we close out the fall feasts here in Israel I’m meditating on the deeper significance of this season. I’m realizing how God’s ordering of the festivals contains a deeper meaning than one might see at first glance. It’s not just about apples and honey and building tabernacles. The Lord gave the Jewish people these feasts as a beautiful picture of His ultimate plan; repentance, faith, atonement, forgiveness and joy. He carefully ordered these feasts to call us to a profound internal reflection designed to lead us from sin and alienation to reconciliation, fellowship, freedom and great joy.

Beginning with Rosh HaShannah and the days immediately following, (commonly called the Days of Awe) we are invited to a season of deep self examination and repentance, culminating at Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement). This highest holy day reveals the way in which God forgives our sins through the offering of a spotless lamb, which lays the foundation for the joy of reconciliation with God and one another experienced at Sukkot.

As we can see, this entire sequence is a precise picture of the Lord’s New Covenant redemptive plan. We cannot enter the joy of the Lord except through repentance, faith and redemption through His Son. 

Elaine, enter the joy of the Lord! Let's examine ourselves today, confess our sins, trust in the absolute forgiveness of God through faith in His Son -- and REJOICE!!!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 26 Sep 2018, 11:12 am

Elaine, get your lamps lit! 

John 8:12 Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world: he that follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but will have the Light of life."

Matthew 25:1-10 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!' Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.' And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.

During the feast of Tabernacles in Yeshua's (Jesus') day, the temple priests would set up four great lampstands with golden lampholders, which they would light with the aid of enormous ladders in the Temple courtyard. The lighting of these lamps began the celebration of the "Great Hosannah" (Hoshannah Rabbah, in Hebrew). The celebration went on in to the wee hours -- with music and dancing and rejoicing, while the beautiful lights lit up the night. Jerusalem was a breathtaking, illuminated city on a hill.

The following morning the Jewish people would recite the prayer for the eighth day of the feast -- "Be thou praised, O Lord our God, King of the Universe, who makest light and causes darkness, who makest peace and createst all: the light of the world as the treasure of life…" Yeshua said, "I am the Light of the world.".

God is Light, He loves light, He creates light, He sheds light, He desires light. Lamps with oil produce light, both for those who carry them and for those who see the light bearers. "You are the light of the world", He said. So the Lord also expects light from and His people. The light of God in our lives comes from His Holy Spirit, and oil has always been associated with the Spirit's ministry in the lives of believers. Burning oil produces light. If we are spiritual "virgins"because we are betrothed to one Heavenly Husband, we ought to bear His light in this dark world. Yet He has told us that some virgins will not have the wisdom to do it, so it is a warning to us; a warning not to quench the Spirit, but be filled with Him and be the light of the world. 

Elaine, some of us, though virgins, have been walking in darkness. This could change. The choice to light our lamps belongs to us. The gift of the Holy Spirit has been given to all true virgins. The wise among us will "buy oil" and maintain our lamps thoroughly filled. To "buy oil" means to "spend time" with the One who supplies it, asking Him to fill us up, and to clean out the impurities in our "lamps". You know what this means for you personally, and I know what it means for me. We ought to think about the joy of the wedding, and prepare our hearts with His light... illuminated beautifully for all the world to see, and to be ready! At midnight, when the Bridegroom suddenly appears, our joy will be unspeakable.

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 25 Sep 2018, 11:23 am

Elaine, look to the Lord of blessing! 

Luke 5:3-11 Then He entered into one of the boats, which was Simon's, and asked him to put out a little from the land. And He sat down and taught the multitudes from the boat. When He had finished speaking, He said to Simon, "Launch out into the deep water and let down your nets for a catch." But Simon answered and said to Him, "Master, we worked hard all night and caught nothing, nevertheless at Your word I will let down the nets." When they had done this, they caught such a great quantity of fish, and their nets began to break; so they signaled to their partners in the other boat that they should come and help them. And they came and filled both of the boats, so that they began to sink. But when Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Yeshua's (Jesus') feet, saying, "Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord!" For he was astonished, and all that were with him, because of the catch of the fish which they had taken, And so also were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, who were partners with Simon. And Yeshua (Jesus) said to Simon, "Fear not, from now on you will catch men." So when they brought their ships to land, they forsook all and followed Him.

Sukkot is a festival about rejoicing in the blessings that God has provided, but let’s be sure our focus is on the Lord of blessing – instead of the blessings!

We read in Luke that Yeshua (Jesus) told His disciples to go into the deep waters and let down their nets for fish. When they did, their nets were filled up with fish to the point of breaking. Being fishermen and businessmen, they may have been tempted to start doing business. I mean, think how much they could make!

But God had a different purpose. The disciples' occupation as fishermen was just a vehicle for God to demonstrate His great power and love. He wasn't blessing them with fish so that they would get excited about fishing -- He was blessing them with fish so that they could get their eyes off their fishing and on to the greater call He had for them! Thankfully, they left the fishing business and went off with the Lord to do great and mighty things.

Let's make sure we're not getting up wrapped up in fish! We seek the Lord for His blessings, prosperity, and success. But true discipleship is focusing not on the blessings of the Lord, but on the Lord of the blessings!

Elaine, we can rejoice in our blessings this Sukkot season, but let's not dwell on them! Let's set our eyes on the Lord and the calling He has for us. When He sees that we have pure and willing hearts, He will be faithful to use us to accomplish His glorious plan!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 21 Sep 2018, 11:02 am

Elaine, check the connections! 

James 4:7-10 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

Over the past month, it seems that we've been dealing with different internet issues ... and hopefully, these issues will be resolved sooner rather than later. Being that the bulk of our ministry is based upon the internet, it can be problematic at times, especially when you're suddenly disconnected from the web!

And speaking of being disconnected, one missionary tells of his experience about being assigned a car that would not start without a push. After pondering this problem, he devised a plan. He went to the school near his home, got permission to take some children out of class, and had them push his car off. As he made his rounds, he would either park on a hill or leave the engine running. He used this ingenious procedure for two years.

When a new missionary came to take over his station, he proudly began to explain his arrangement for getting the car started. As he was talking, the young missionary picked up the hood only to find that the only trouble was a loose cable. He gave the cable a twist, stepped into the car, pushed the switch, and the engine roared to life.

For two years, needless trouble had become routine -- but the power was there all along -- and the only thing that was needed was a better connection!

So it is for us as believers, we can walk through this life stumbling and struggling ... having a loose connection with God -- or we can determine to be steadfastly connected to Him -- and His unlimited power.

As James clearly says, "Draw near to me, and I will draw near to you," so we have the choice to be as close or as distant as we want to the King of Kings! God's decision to be intimate with us was already made when He displayed His love for us through the sacrifice of His Son! Now it's in our hands ... what kind of relationship do we want? 

Elaine, so let's resolve to spend some time under the hood, double checking those connections, and making whatever adjustments necessary to get better connected to God -- and His omnipotent power. Amazingly, if you go through the self-inspection process -- you'll begin going through personal revival -- and true revival begins one person at a time -- perhaps it'll be you this weekend!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 20 Sep 2018, 10:22 pm

Elaine, call the exterminator! 

Revelation 9:5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he strikes a man.

Since our move to the Negev Desert in Israel, we've had the privilege of meeting many fascinating and somewhat disturbing desert species, some of which have unfortunately had to meet the exterminator. One of these is the scorpion. Scorpions are commonplace here. They can often even be found in the house and they aren't easy to kill. These little creatures have a knack for survival. I have even read that scorpions have survived nuclear weapon testing! But what's more interesting is their method of devouring prey.

Scorpions use their fast-acting venom to kill or paralyze their prey so that it can be rendered useless and eventually eaten. However, since they can only digest food in a liquid form, scorpions use external digestion, that is they spit digestive fluids onto the remains of their prey, which causes their flesh to turn to liquid so they are able to suck up the resulting soup. It sounds repulsive, I know. And you're thinking "these things can be found in the house?!" 

But I couldn't help but see an analogy here.

This precisely how our enemy likes to operate. Satan and his demons come out of the cracks in our walls and lure us with subtle temptations which establish a foothold that eventually can become a stronghold. Once they establish that stronghold, they go in for the kill. They inject us with their fast-acting venom to paralyze us. Then they secrete the poison of sin and self-justification and turn us to mush until they can finally suck all the life out of us.  However, we are not ignorant of his tactics!  [2 Cor. 2:11]  

We can call upon Him who is our "fortress and our deliverer" [2 Samuel 22:2-20] and expect to be freed from the enemy in our lives!  Seriously, who doesn't want to live in a "scorpion-free" environment? 

Elaine, so let's call upon the Lord today and ask him to eradicate every crevice of our being, to cleanse every area we've allowed 'the enemy' to come in and gain a foothold!  Make it a point today to live in a "scorpion-free" zone -- for we have been given authority to tread on them! [Luke 10:19]

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 18 Sep 2018, 2:22 pm

Elaine, enter His presence, you're completely covered! 

Hebrews 9:24-28 For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another-- He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

Tonight begins the High Holy Day of Yom Kippur. Yom Kippur, which literally means Day of Coverings, can be a day of deep reflection on what the Lord has done for us. As Yeshua (Jesus) died on the cross 2000 years ago, the Gospel describes how the veil in the Temple was torn in two. This profound spiritual event reveals that the Lord gave all whose sins are covered by His blood access to the Holy of Holies, as He had become our High Priest in addition to being, Himself, the perfect sacrifice for sin.

Although the Temple was not finally destroyed until 70 AD, Orthodox Judiasm recounts in the Talmud that, beginning in 30 AD, God no longer accepted the animal sacrifices commanded in the Torah for the Day of Atonement, [Tract Yoma 39b]. Throughout the ages, while the Temple stood, the High Priest would cast lots for the two goats which were to be offered as sacrifices on Yom Kippur. One lot was for the goat to be sacrificed on the altar, for YHVH -- and the other, called "Azazel", the goat cast out into the wilderness for the removal of sins [Leviticus 16:7-10].

Traditionally, as the Priest cast the lot, finding it in his right hand was a good omen, indicating that God had accepted the sacrifice. However, if the High Priest drew it in his left hand, this indicated the Lord's displeasure and even rejection of the sacrifice. For the 40 years after the sacrifice of Yeshua, the Talmud records that the lot was taken in the left hand of the High Priest. The same result for 40 years, a lot cast into the left hand, carries a statistical probability of 1 in 1,099,511,627,776 -- or one in a trillion chance!

There were also other significant miraculous signs described in this tract, that something of major significance had taken place related to the most critical sacrifice in the Temple order. It is clear to both Jews and Messianic believers that God was saying something important to the Jewish people in 30AD; something important enough to be recorded in the Talmud and something which demanded an explanation.

We believe that the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD, 40 years after the sacrifice of Yeshua, followed a period of testimony and testing for the Jewish people concerning the fact that the sacrificial system had been consummated by Yeshua's death on the cross. 40 is a typical number of testing throughout the Bible.

While animal sacrifices continued to be offered in the Temple while it stood, and many believing Jews continued to participate in them, it was clear that something new and definitive had opened the way for all people to enter the Holiest place and to know the Lord intimately and personally. Without intending to, the Talmud offers historical support for the significance and reality of the events in 30 AD which consummated the sacrificial system given in the Torah; i.e. the death and resurrection of the Jewish Messiah, Yeshua of Nazareth, who died for the sins of the whole world. 

Elaine, so enter into His presence boldly today with the full knowledge that the veil was torn -- the sacrifice was provided -- and the work was completed 2000 years ago in our Messiah Yeshua!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 17 Sep 2018, 12:40 pm

WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 Wnews_3D_RGB_350-min

Elaine, embrace the paradox and rejoice! 

Hebrews 12:1-2 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Tomorrow night, Jews throughout the world will solemnly “afflict” their souls during Yom Kippur. However, most kids in Israel look at Yom Kippur as “ride your bikes in the streets day!” You see, Yom Kippur in Israel is the one day when TV and radio stations are completely shut down and the streets are almost completely void of vehicles of any kind. Ironically, some of the only fully operational locations in Israel on Yom Kippur are the hospital emergency rooms – since kids who finally have no restraints on their bikes, skateboards, and roller skates tend to take risks they wouldn't normally take – it's Yom Kippur – they have the streets to themselves!

These two "sides" of Yom Kippur in Israel reflect our experience as believers. Our identification with Yeshua (Jesus) promises a certain degree of affliction in our lives, that we share in the fellowship of His sufferings. Yet we are also like children who can revel in and enjoy the freedom that His sacrifice has brought us into. This is the paradox of our life of faith, and something we can embrace fully by the grace of God.

Elaine, knowing and following Yeshua is a life of suffering and great joy, even revelry. Which ever side of the "fence" you're on at the moment, you can be thankful that, because your sins are forgiven, the end of the matter will be better than the beginning. So, count it all joy when you meet with trials....and rejoice in the Lord always...forgiveness of sins is your passport to Eternal Life.

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 14 Sep 2018, 11:07 am

Elaine, crown your mind! 

Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

As we continue in the midst of "Yamim Noraim", or the Days of Awe between Yom Teruah (Feast of Trumpets) and Yom Kippur, we've entered into a period of repentance -- and hopefully, we're seeking to 'perfect holiness' [2 Cor. 7:1] and pursuing a deeper level of dedication and consecration during this season.   

In ancient times, the high priest of Israel wore a crown of pure gold on his head called a Nezer, which comes from the word “nazar”. This word "nazar" means to dedicate, consecrate and sacredly separate. The word “nazarite” comes from this root and describes someone who has taken a vow to be separated from the world.

New Covenant believers are called "a royal priesthood" [1 Peter 2:9], and we also, are called to live a holy life, dedicated to God and separated from the world in our thoughts and intentions. It's not always an easy task. Our thought life is constantly challenged from within and without. In this battle, the crown of the high priest can be a powerful symbol for us; the beauty and purity of gold standing for the beauty and purity of thinking with the mind of Messiah. Since Yeshua (Jesus) was the perfect "Nazarite", set apart in absolute purity, His thoughts were always "golden". In communion with Him by His spirit, our thought life too, can move more and more toward His perfect mind.

Philippians 4:8 says this; "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. " This, as believers, is our mandate to "positive thinking". In this world, negativity, cynicism, and impurity abound, and it becomes easier and easier to dwell on things that are depressing and sinful, impure and evil. But these thoughts must be cut off and destroyed from our minds. Thoughts of lust, jealousy, covetousness, and self-pity will take us away from our Lord, and need to be taken captive before they get a foothold. Replace them with those of Philippians 4:8.

You have the mind of Messiah [1 Cor. 2:16] Choose to know and think with it. Crown yourself with thoughts that are pure as gold by taking control of that ceaseless flow. You'll be amazed at how your life will change under the influence of Yeshua's mind! 

Elaine, make the determination this weekend to transform your mind on those thoughts above. In doing so, you'll find yourself changing the world around you -- for His Glory and for His Kingdom!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Sep 2018, 11:13 am

Elaine, what is that awful smell?! 

2 Corinthians 7:1 Having, therefore, these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

As we celebrated Yom Teruah (Feast of Trumpets) and are in the midst of "Yamin Noraim" or the days of awe, the days between the Feast of Trumpets and Yom Kippur, it is the season of repentance.

This is the season that the shofar (rams horn) is blown to heed the call of warning to repent from our sins and be clean. The shofar's unique sounding blast is a wake-up call to all who will hear.

Those of you who know what a shofar looks like, know it's quite intriguing. As a matter of fact, I have a shofar displayed on a shelf in my living room as a centerpiece (and a reminder) and most who enter often comment on its beauty. My wife makes sure our shofar is dusted and shined it to keep it looking its best.

However, I don't know how many of you have ever smelled the odor of a ram's horn before it's properly cleaned, but I can tell you from personal experience that it is by far one of the most putrid, revolting and rancid smelling things I've smelled in my lifetime. And it is a common dilemma among shofar owners as to how best to rid it of that awful smell. Some say washing it out with vinegar does the trick, others say soaking your shofar in alcohol guarantees a clean smell, and still others firmly stand by some strange hodgepodge of ingredients they've concocted.

Interestingly enough, the Hebrew root of the word shofar is the word "shifra", which means to beautify, which is directly related to the Hebrew word "shapair" which means to improve!

Now, I think most of us remember to wash our outward bodies in order to look and smell nice as we go out into the world around us. But how many of us are walking around just gorgeous on the outside but the stench of sin reeking within us?!! As the shofar blasts this season, let us heed the call to improve and beautify ourselves, not only outwardly but from our ignorance of and rebellion against God's perfect will for our lives.

Elaine, there is much work to be done for the Kingdom and we can't accomplish any of it with our outward beauty! Let's ask the Lord to do some revealing and cleansing in our hearts and lives as we continue in the season of repentance.

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 11 Sep 2018, 2:25 pm

Elaine, we're in the midst of awesome days! 

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Between Rosh HaShannah and Yom Kippur are ten days. These days are known as "Yamim Noraim", "the Days of Awe" -- or also translated, the "Awesome days". In Judaism it has been long believed that these days seal your fate for the upcoming year -- and also allude to your final destiny, concerning whether your name continues to be written in the Book of Life. Throughout the ages, Jewish people spend the Days of Awe in great reverence -- aware of the holiness and judgment of YHVH; so repentance, reconciliation, forgiveness and a general heightening of moral conduct are emphasized. After the holiday, for many, it's back to life as usual.

But we ought to realize...there are nine verses in the Bible, Old and New Testament, which clearly state that we will be judged and rewarded for our works. (The final one is Revelation 22:12). Salvation is by grace through faith; and all who believe have their names written in the Book of Life.[Eph 2:5], but our rewards will be determined solely by what we have done. One day, when this life is over, we will all stand before the judgment seat of Messiah (Christ). Once we breathe our last breath we will never again be able to prepare for eternity! These are our days of awe; not just once a year, but every single day of our life. Our everyday deeds on earth will determine our destinies in eternity. 

Elaine, each of our days -- these Awesome days --should be held in awe and used to the fullest. Use them wisely! Get right with God, every morning; tie up the loose ends, forgive others their offenses, be filled with His Spirit, and walk in love. You won't need to fear the Days of Awe, but instead look forward to a rich reward in God's Eternity-- yes, in fact we are... truly we're living in the Days of Awe!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 10 Sep 2018, 12:13 pm

Elaine, so little time and so much to do! 

1 Cor. 15:51-54 Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet: for the trumpet will sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, "Death is swallowed up in victory."

Last night, began the Biblical festival of Yom Teruah (Feast of Trumpets) otherwise known as Rosh Ha Shana. What's interesting about Rosh Ha Shana (the Jewish celebration of the New Year), is that it doesn't fall on the first day of the first month. It actually falls on the first day of the seventh month! It's difficult for outsiders to understand this concept, but if we study how the Jewish year begins and how God is outlining this age according to the Jewish feasts it all makes sense.

The first month of the Jewish year begins with Passover. Two thousand years ago, the new age began with the crucifixion of Yeshua (Jesus) on the Cross on Passover! Next, Messiah rose from the dead precisely on day of the celebration of first fruits. Then, fifty days later, the Feast of Shavout (Pentecost) began the celebration of the harvest season. This day marked the outpouring of the Holy Spirit and the beginnings of the first harvest right here in Jerusalem as three thousand souls came into the kingdom!

Now, here we are, in the midst of the summer harvest -- the harvest of souls, awaiting the great sound of the trumpet! When the trumpet sounds -- it shall be the beginning of a new age when "this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality!"

So as we celebrate Rosh Ha Shana or Yom Teruah (Feast of Trumpets), it's a reminder that this age is soon coming to a close -- that the summer will soon end and there will be no more days to work. Let's take heed the sound of the shofar and rise to this awesome occasion!

Elaine, we live this life only once, so let's do what we need to do while we still can! Let's not put off the good we are called to do! Don't put off forgiving others -- forgive now! Don't put off sharing with that neighbor with whom you've been wanting to share for years -- share now! Don't put off going forth and doing the great things God has called you to do -- do them now! These are the final days of the harvest -- let's get out into the field and finish the work that needs done so that we might all be able to rejoice together in the end!!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 07 Sep 2018, 8:31 am

Elaine, it's the season of repentance! 

Hosea 3:4-5 For the children of Israel shall dwell many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or pillar, without ephod or household gods. Afterward, the children of Israel shall return and seek the LORD their God, and David their king, and they shall come in fear to the LORD and to his goodness in the latter days.

On the Hebrew calendar, we're at the end of the month of Elul. This particular month the shofar is sounded once a day as a call for the people to repent as we approach the Hebrew month of Tishri.

Interestingly enough, Rosh HaShanah (Hebrew for "Head of the Year") also known as Yom Teruah [Hebrew for "Day of the (shofar) blast"] falls on the 1st day of Tishri (beginning this Sunday night) which is also the seventh month of the year -- yet it has been designated as the New Year. This season is also known as the season of "teshuva". In Hebrew, "teshuva" means "repentance", and yet it also means "return".

So, ironically, the beginning of the year is connected to the end of the harvest year. The beginning is connected to the end. And the end is connected to the beginning. Thus, a cyclical pattern emerges: the gospel message was delivered by the Jewish people whose Messiah Yeshua appeared at the beginning of this age. This message has gone to the nations for nearly 2000 years and is now returning to its source, Israel and the Jewish people, whose return to their homeland signals the completion of the cycle culminating in the spiritual resurrection of the nation. We are certainly witnessing the beginning of this fulfillment at the end of the age with Messianic believers multiplying and proclaiming faith in the true Messiah to their own Jewish people.

Elaine, in this season of repentance ("teshuva"), as we ourselves turn to the Lord, please remember to be praying for the Jewish people -- not only for their return to their homeland, the physical restoration -- but for their repentance and faith in the only Name given under heaven by which we must be saved -- the spiritual restoration which signals the coming of King Messiah Yeshua.

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:08 am

WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 Wnews_12

Elaine, be broken! 

Psalms 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

The word contrite in Hebrew is 'dakah' which means one that is crushed to pieces. Paul wrote of being a 'living sacrifice' holy and acceptable to God. Being a living sacrifice means we often can walk off the altar. To be a continual living sacrifice we need to renew our minds day to day! Let your mind be renewed -- off the things which are worldly and onto those things which are Godly. When our minds are focused on those things above, on His holiness, His righteousness, His grace, and His mercy -- we realize that we can always be closer to Him! We understand what Isaiah meant when he said, "our righteousness is nothing but filthy rags before the Lord."

When God provided for Himself the perfect sacrifice, His Son, 2000 years ago -- His heart bursted! His heart was cut through -- cut for you! God desires you to be a living sacrifice and a necessary ingredient is a heart that has been cut through by God's sharp knife. When you allow your heart to be continually cut through by God's Spirit, then your life will be a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable before Him!

Elaine, it's wonderful what God can do with a broken heart, especially when we give Him all the pieces!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 Sep 2018, 12:14 pm

Elaine, you're covered!

Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Have you ever heard how a pearl is formed? It is truly fascinating. A foreign object, often a grain of sand, somehow makes its way into the tightly sealed crack of an oyster. Instead of spitting out this irritating object, the oyster covers it with layer upon layer of a substance secreted from its own body. After months or even years, a beautiful pearl is formed. The longer the pearl stays in the oyster, the more valuable it becomes.

What a picture of God's mercy toward us! The Lord doesn't spit us out when we come to Him! "We are accepted in the beloved!" God has every right to cast us out because of our sin but instead, He brings us into His body and covers over our sin with His beautiful covering!

When God found us we were nothing more than an irritation but by His grace, He keeps us under His covering, so that we can be made into something valuable to His Kingdom! God is using our time now under His covering to conform us into His image!

Elaine, let's cherish this time under God's covering and take this opportunity to grow more and more beautiful -- that we attract many for His Kingdom in these trying times!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 27 Empty WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Tue 04 Sep 2018, 11:57 am

Elaine, badgering can be a good thing! 

Proverbs 30:26 The conies are but a feeble folk, yet make they their houses in the rocks;

Just a few days ago, my wife and I led a tour group in Ein Gedi, where David cut a piece of Saul's cloak in one of the caves.  One of the native species of the region are "conies" or rock badgers. 

These little creatures which resemble guinea pigs in the West make their homes in rocks and in the sides of mountains -- only venturing away from their rocky homes in the quest for food. While the badger stays within his home of rocks, he is safe from his natural predators. He stays close to home because he realizes his limitations. Badgers recognize that they do not have the strength within themselves --- their strength lies in the rocks they call home.

So it should be for us as believers. We, too, must recognize our limitations! We need to be aware that like the conies, we are feeble folk! If we venture too far away from our Rock, Yeshua (Jesus) -- we will become vulnerable, easy prey! But if we stay within the shelter of our Rock, we can rest in the security He provides!

Elaine, the winds and storms of this world can shake us up a bit -- but they don't sway the Rock! Let's make sure our homes are built in the safest place there is. Let's build on the Rock.

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27