World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 47 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 47 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyYesterday at 7:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 11:15 pm by Admin

» Jews of Egypt
He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 9:46 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22

Go down

He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 Empty He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22

Post  Admin Wed 01 Apr 2020, 8:42 pm

He showed me a river of the water of life Rev 22 R22tre10

Shall We Gather?

"He showed me a river of the water of life … coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb … On either side of the river was the tree of life … the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." – Revelation 22:1-2 NASB

Robert Lowry had a gift for communication. Born in March 1826 in Philadelphia, he displayed these skills as a professor of literature. A committed believer, he went on to become a minister and musician. But nothing prepared him for what happened to him one afternoon in July 1864 when he was pastor of a church in Brooklyn, New York.

Later he recalled, “the weather was oppressively hot,” and he felt exhausted. Suddenly, his “imagination began to take itself wings.” Scenes from the Bible came alive “with startling vividness.” He pictured scenes from Revelation including the “pure water of life, clear as crystal.”

Inspired by these images, a question came to him: “Shall We Gather at the River?” He expanded this thought into a hymn with this title. He pictured the day when all the saints will gather in Heaven. It will be a glorious time as “we will walk and worship ever.” There, we will lay every burden down and receive our “robe and crown.” We’ll see our Savior’s face and sing of His grace. Soon, “our pilgrimage will cease” and “our happy hearts will quiver with the melody of peace.”

Don’t give up when you face problems. In Heaven, “there will no longer be any curse,” and “there will no longer be any night” (vs. 3-4). Be encouraged because Jesus is “coming quickly” (v. 7). God has prepared a place for you. Stay faithful. Continue to serve Him!

Prayer
Father, thank You for the promise of eternal life. Take away my burdens. Give me Your peace. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Extended Reading

Revelation 22
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down