World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 33 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» NO MORE SEA
MinSilence British Parliament EmptyYesterday at 10:33 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
MinSilence British Parliament EmptyYesterday at 6:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
MinSilence British Parliament EmptyYesterday at 5:09 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
MinSilence British Parliament EmptyYesterday at 5:07 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
MinSilence British Parliament EmptyYesterday at 4:52 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
MinSilence British Parliament EmptyYesterday at 4:42 pm by Admin

» Minister Smotrich-PM Netanyahu Show your strength
MinSilence British Parliament EmptyYesterday at 4:29 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
MinSilence British Parliament EmptyYesterday at 4:27 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
MinSilence British Parliament EmptyYesterday at 4:20 pm by Admin

» Biden Bless/Abortions with cross sign
MinSilence British Parliament EmptyYesterday at 2:02 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
MinSilence British Parliament EmptyYesterday at 2:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
MinSilence British Parliament EmptyYesterday at 1:51 pm by Admin

» AISH
MinSilence British Parliament EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Haggadah Passover
MinSilence British Parliament EmptySat 27 Apr 2024, 10:45 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
MinSilence British Parliament EmptySat 27 Apr 2024, 9:12 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
MinSilence British Parliament EmptySat 27 Apr 2024, 8:27 pm by Admin

» BooK of Revelation Various
MinSilence British Parliament EmptySat 27 Apr 2024, 5:00 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
MinSilence British Parliament EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
MinSilence British Parliament EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:43 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
MinSilence British Parliament EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

MinSilence British Parliament

Go down

MinSilence British Parliament Empty MinSilence British Parliament

Post  Admin Thu 22 Feb 2024, 11:35 pm

https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Ff3f7c7ba-3a04-43d8-8531-e88b5214f1d4_2400x1500.jpeg?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

One minute silence in House of Commons over “innocent Israelis, Palestinians and others who have lost their lives, all those taken hostage and all those affected by the conflict in the region”, October 16 2023; via UK Parliament/ Andy Bailey
When Queen Elizabeth II died, people mourned not only the loss of a beloved and admirable monarch but what they believed was the passing of the beloved and admirable Britain that she had embodied.

The country now seems to be going out of its way to slide off the edge of the steadily crumbling civilisational cliff. And the Queen’s own grandson has joined the lemming-like throng.

Earlier this week, Prince William said he wanted to see an end to the fighting in Gaza as soon as possible because “too many have been killed”.

The death of civilians in war is always a tragedy. But the Prince of Wales didn’t say how many was “too many” in this most just of wars against genocide. Nor did he acknowledge the many Hamas terrorists among the number that he deemed excessive.

It’s an iron rule that the Royal Family never makes political or controversial interventions. Yet Prince William was playing politics, especially since he issued his statement on the eve of a deeply divisive debate on Gaza in the House of Commons.

The late Queen would never, ever have done this.

Wednesday’s scheduled debate was on a Scottish National Party motion calling for an immediate ceasefire in the Israel-Hamas war. In the event, the debate was totally derailed by procedural and political chaos.

Without getting into the weeds of parliamentary procedure, the Speaker of the Commons broke the rules by allowing for debate amendments to the SNP motion tabled by both the government and the Labour Party.

The resulting fury led to a walkout by both Conservative and SNP members of Parliament — who didn’t get the chance to debate their own motion — while Labour’s amendment calling for an “immediate humanitarian ceasefire” passed by default.

The Speaker, who was formerly a Labour MP, was accused of buckling under pressure exerted by Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer, who had been forced into a caveated call for an immediate “humanitarian” ceasefire to stave off a massive revolt by his own viscerally anti-Israel MPs who were threatening to vote for the SNP motion.

The truth behind this chaos, however, appears to have been far worse than political game-playing. The contrite and near-broken Speaker said he had thought he was “doing the right thing” by enabling all sides of the House to vote on their own wording — because MPs had told him they were being intimidated.

“I am very, very concerned about the security of all members,” he said. “I was very concerned, I am still concerned, and that is why the meetings I have had today were about the security of members, their families and the people involved.”

Who could doubt it? Social media has been ablaze with abuse and death threats against anyone deemed not to hate Israel enough. Outside parliament, while MPs descended into chaos, a baying mob of thousands waving Palestinian flags chanted: “There is only one solution, intifada and revolution.”

What all this tells us is that the demonisation of Israel has now destabilised British politics sufficiently to destroy democratic procedures through the intimidation of MPs by an Islamist and Israel-hating mob.

While MPs turn on the hapless Speaker over preventing them from indulging in a pointlessly performative parliamentary gesture attacking Israel, they are spectacularly missing the big picture.

On the day that parliament melted down, Sir William Shawcross, the independent reviewer of the counter-extremism programmePrevent, was warning that Islamist extremism is still not being effectively tackled by the government and is fuelling the current tsunami of antisemitism.

One year ago, Shawcross issued a report warning that Prevent was perversely focused on tackling a rise in right-wing extremism, even though the rising threat from Islamist extremism was exponentially greater.

Yet even now, he said, the government has failed to implement some of his key recommendations. A year ago, he warned government ministers about the need to tackle the “pernicious” threat from the Hamas support network in the UK. They have not done so.

Since October 7, that threat has become far greater and is fuelling the “horrific” increase in antisemitism and encouraging antisemitic abuse and banners at pro-Palestinian marches.

“I have Jewish friends whose children are at universities around the country who are frightened for the first time in their lives,” Shawcross said. “I never thought that we would see, on the streets of Britain, British citizens shouting ‘death to the Jews.’ It’s absolutely appalling.”

As if to illustrate his warning, The Jewish Chronicle reports that the Islamist group Muslim Engagement and Development (MEND), which has defended terrorists and led prayers for a “Palestinian victory,” has been training the police, universities and National Health Service staff in how to deal with “Islamophobia”.

The Shawcross review found that MEND has “a well-established track record of working alongside extremists” and of “seeking to undermine the state’s considerable efforts to tackle all hate crime”. Yet MEND has taught courses to hundreds of public sector staff on “the harsh realities of Islamophobia” and “innovative solutions” to combat it.

The government’s former independent reviewer of counterterrorism legislation, Lord Carlile, said he was “astonished” that MEND was still being used by public sector bodies in this way.

The insanity in Britain over Israel has now metastasized. Lord Austin, a cross-bench peer who quit the Labour party over its former leader Jeremy Corbyn’s handling of antisemitism, was suspended from his post as chair of the Midland Heart housing association over a series of tweets attacking Hamas.

Three female anti-Israel demonstrators were found guilty under terrorism laws of showing support for Hamas only a few days after the October 7 pogrom by sporting on their jackets the symbol of a paraglider, one of the devices Hamas employed to perpetrate the slaughter.

Yet the women were handed only a conditional discharge, the judicial equivalent of a slap on the wrist. This was because the judge said the offences had taken place at a time of “much passion and polarisation” when “emotions ran very high on this issue”—thus appearing to excuse support for Hamas as an understandable emotional reaction.

In yet another disturbing incident, a baby’s birth certificate that had been sent for processing as part of a passport application by a London Jewish couple was returned ripped and with the father’s place of birth—“Israel”—defaced by a scribble.

The government is genuinely concerned by the explosion of anti-Jewish and anti-Israel hatred. Yet it doesn’t seem able to connect the dots. Instead of shooting down the falsehoods with which Israel is being demonised, it’s reinforcing them.

Ever since the October 7 pogrom, Britain and America have been playing a double game. They declare that Israel must defeat Hamas, and to that end deployed aircraft carriers and supplied essential weaponry. Yet while preventing Israel from losing to Hamas, Britain and America have tried to prevent Israel from winning.

They forced Israel to allow aid into Gaza, most of which was stolen by Hamas. They forced Israel into protecting even more Gazan civilians than it was already doing, which has meant more needless losses of Israeli boys serving in the IDF. They are pressuring Israel not to advance into Rafah, thus handing Hamas a prospective final victory.

And they are threatening to impose a Palestine state without Israel’s consent, thus setting up a terrorist entity posing an infinitely greater danger to Israel than does Gaza.

What America and Britain fail to understand is that Israel’s fight is the west’s fight. Professor Gwythian Prins, a former member of the British Chief of the Defense Staff’s Strategy Advisory Panel, writes on Gatestone that the west needs to carefully escalate war against the Iranian regime because Israel’s cause is the cause of the free world. Instead, America and Britain have been escalating their sniping against Israel.

It has often been said that those who attempt to destroy the Jews invariably destroy themselves. We are watching it happen to the west in real time.

Jewish News Syndicate

Recent posts

My most recent exclusive post for my premium subscribers discusses the disturbing fact that, as UN links to Hamas are revealed, the BBC-led media airbrush these away. This is how the piece begins:

Monstrous complicity
Monstrous complicity
In a sane universe, the discovery of a Hamas data centre and server farm in a tunnel 700 metres long and 18 metres deep directly underneath the headquarters of the UN Works and Relief Agency in Gaza would be of huge significance. Ariel Kahana reported in

Read full story

You can read my most recent post that’s available to everyone, with access to the episode of BBC’s Daily Politics on which I was locked in argument over Gaza, if you click here.

And you can access the links to all my work by visiting my website here.

One more thing…

This is how my email posts work.

There are two subscription levels: my free service and my premium service.

Anyone can sign up to the free service on this website. You can of course unsubscribe at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” at the foot of each email.

Everyone on the free list will receive the full text of pieces I write for outlets such as the Jewish News Syndicate and the Jewish Chronicle, as well as other posts and links to my broadcasting and video work.

But why not subscribe to my premium service? For that you’ll also receive pieces that I write specially for my premium subscribers. Those articles will not be published elsewhere. They’ll arrive in your inbox as soon as I have written them.

There is a monthly fee of $6.99 for the premium service, or $70 for an annual subscription. Although the fee is charged in US dollars, you can sign up with any credit card. Just click on the “subscribe now” button below to see the available options for subscribing either to the premium or the free service.

A final point…

If you purchase a subscription to my site, you will be authorising a payment to my company Dirah Associates. In the past, that is the name that may have appeared on your credit card statement. In future, though, the charge should appear instead as Melanie Phillips.

And thank you for following my work.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down