World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel 365 News
I Love Being Alive EmptyToday at 4:35 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
I Love Being Alive EmptyToday at 3:55 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
I Love Being Alive EmptyToday at 3:45 pm by Admin

» israelAM
I Love Being Alive EmptyToday at 3:41 pm by Admin

» AISH
I Love Being Alive EmptyToday at 3:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
I Love Being Alive EmptyToday at 3:20 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
I Love Being Alive EmptyToday at 3:18 pm by Admin

» The Life and Death of Binyamin Airley
I Love Being Alive EmptyToday at 2:39 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
I Love Being Alive EmptyYesterday at 11:17 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
I Love Being Alive EmptyYesterday at 11:11 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
I Love Being Alive EmptyYesterday at 10:59 pm by Admin

»  Israel's Eurovision song Hurricane.
I Love Being Alive EmptyYesterday at 10:16 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
I Love Being Alive EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
I Love Being Alive EmptyYesterday at 12:14 am by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
I Love Being Alive EmptyYesterday at 12:11 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
I Love Being Alive EmptyYesterday at 12:02 am by Admin

» Sign Petition Against Antisemitism
I Love Being Alive EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:26 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
I Love Being Alive EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:20 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
I Love Being Alive EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:17 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
I Love Being Alive EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 5:45 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I Love Being Alive

Go down

I Love Being Alive Empty I Love Being Alive

Post  Admin Sun 07 Apr 2024, 8:08 pm

I Love Being Alive
by Raphael Shore

Most people fight tooth and nail to live longer when death crouches at their door, but it’s sometimes hard to cherish every beautiful day on the journey. While “here,” I try to treasure the deep pleasures of love, meaning, being good, and making a positive difference.

Why do I feel, and know, that life has meaning? Why am I driven to be good? Why do I need and give love? Animals do not. Animals are driven by instinct only; they have no understanding or need for meaning, true love, or morality.

The animal kingdom’s natural law is that might is right and only the fittest survive, which means there’s nothing deplorable in the mundane activity of one beast savagely ripping another to pieces for lunch. We all recognize that it would be barbaric for humans to behave in this way.1

To be human is to rise above such animal instincts and behaviors to be more. Yes, we have bodies and animal instincts, but we are not mere animals. Animals don’t choose. We do. We are choosing, self-aware, conscious animals with a deep need for meaning and being good.

This is because we have a soul. We’re body-soul hybrid beings. And if we have a soul, then this world is not purely material; it has a spiritual aspect. There’s no possible explanation for our soul’s existence other than that it was deliberately created: Random evolution – chance – can only try to explain the material world, not anything beyond the physical.

Materialism cannot explain how our world began. Even if it could, chance evolution cannot tell us how life, even in its simplest form, began. The probability of the universe’s conditions being just right for that is mathematically impossible. Chance cannot explain how a simple organism like a cell came to exist, ‘went digital’ with awesomely sophisticated DNA code, and then evolved into complex human life. Sir Fred Hoyle, the astronomer who coined the term "Big Bang," offered his famous “junkyard tornado” analogy, that the possibility that chemical (random) evolution could have produced the first cell from lifelessness is comparable to “the chance that a tornado sweeping through a junkyard could assemble a Boeing 747.”

So how do we explain our universe, life, human complexity, our drive for meaning, purpose, morality, and love? Human nature will always develop nonscientific and sometimes nonsensical answers to this puzzle, because the only answer that makes sense comes with obligations that can be difficult to bear.

If we’re not animals, we’re human, and that means we’re responsible. And that’s scary as hell. How else to explain our life? Only our soul, and an intelligent designer – let’s call that Designer God – explains the wonder. Life is a beautiful gift – even with, and especially because of, the responsibility. I’m deeply thankful that God has informed me of the awesome gift.2

Rabbi Raphael Shore is a rabbi, educator, and award-winning film producer. He is also the founder of Clarion Project, a nonprofit organization dedicated to educating the public about the threats of extremism and providing a platform for moderate Muslim voices to educate and inspire.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down