World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» THE BLAZE
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyToday at 2:39 pm by Admin

» EXPERTS Why Israel Must Strike Back
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyToday at 1:50 pm by Admin

» Christians facing Medntasl Health Struggles
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyToday at 1:34 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyToday at 1:24 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyToday at 1:08 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyYesterday at 11:42 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyYesterday at 11:37 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyYesterday at 11:34 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyYesterday at 11:30 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyYesterday at 10:15 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:34 pm by Admin

» AISH
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:18 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:02 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:32 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice

2 posters

Go down

Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice Empty Re: Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice

Post  Admin Fri 31 Jul 2009, 10:51 am

Hi Zee,
I would be very interested to read what you have for us, when you have the time or wanting to wait if there would be any others who want to respond.
I can only come up with.
Is it in John 14
Jesus in his last hours with his disciples
explaining to them and of prayer?
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice Empty The Lords Prayer

Post  Zerich Wed 22 Jul 2009, 11:22 pm

Elaine,The Lords prayer is not even in the book of Matthew. It is in a different book of the bible.I will explain if you or someone else answers the Question.
Zerich
You have given excellent responses to the prayer above by the way. Thank You

Zerich

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 22 Jul 2009, 10:48 pm

Hi Zerich,
First thank you for this thought provoking question.
I read this much earlier today but there were members of family and friends who needed to use my computer, the last just left it is 10.45pm this evening whilst they were taking turns to be on
I handwrote some brief thoughts and my understanding.

A p.s. midstream
when doing a quick read took me almost 1 hour to get my thoughts typed out. Please if there is anything which I have not made clear add on this thread and I will come back to you as best I am able, hopefully what I explained will be of help but of course use your own way to talk with our Father.

Quoting:
When you say "this is not a trick question" 'I understand and agree to say 'this is Not the Lords prayer' totally My UNDERSTANDING below:

These verses of scripture are guidlines and Notes of my thoughts and understanding follow.

To say this is not The Lords Prayer
unfortunately is often used "parrot fashion" which is liken to vain repetition. If prayed in this manner would be as spoken of as such in Mathew 6 verse 7.

Mathew 6:8 Our heavenly Father yes know our need or desire before we ask but His pleasure is to have communion with us to talk with Him. Let us not forget this, as a child our earthly Father know what we want, say for our birthday for example, but He loves to talk with us and give us if at all possible as an earthly Father our desire, how much more our Heavenly Father who always know what is best for us, but at the same time give us the desire of our heart which may not always be what is best for us, but his permissive will. And will work all things out for our good always (Romans 8:28)

Mathew 6:9 is our spiritual guide.
We are to worship God in spirit and truth, when we are born again of His spirit we would honour and give reverence coming into his presence.

verse 10 We pray for what happens before His coming, that many of nations kingdoms and our families come to know Him, taking time in His presence presenting our thoughts.
verses 11-12
These teach us to first forgive these whom we hold something against in our heart, this is for our good always
(2 Corinth 9:8)And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
Verse 12
This teach us to forgive first those who we hold something against us then we are able to ask forgiveness for our wrongs to be forgiven this is his perfect will for us to grow into maturity and perfection of our faith.Verse 13
We are asking for his protection, leading and guidance that we will not fall into the temptation of that wicked one. We praise God for His providence that He is our Protector, our enabler forever.

If we go onto read verse 14 It teaches us the precept of what Jesus was teaching on forgiveness which I have made mention of "For our good always"
For holding bitterness in our lives estrange ourselves from fellowship with God it is not that He has left us but we estrange ourselves from Him.
Verse16
shows us about being pious, being self sufficient in our attitude not depending upon God and his grace but making show of to others instead of being alone with God and being transparent with Him allowing God to be the Head of our lives to commune with Him in spirit.
Verses 19-22
Go hand in hand with previous
verse 10 for example
Our conduct maturity and perfection spoken of in other scriptures also, come into focus when we receive our spiritual rewards in heaven.
The light of Jesus should be shining through us is our lives on earth His calling as being born again of His spirit on earth and when He call us home or in His Rapture there we will rreceive our reward that which is done in our body.

MAY WE PRAY
"THE LORD's PRAYER"
with discernement by His Holy spirit that we will be in His will according to His purpose.
Amen

Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 22 Jul 2009, 9:48 pm

Zerich wrote:Did you know THIS is NOT the Lord's Prayer? Can anyone tell me why not? Give scripture proof. This is NOT a trick question.

Keep smiling, Zerich
Only just able to get online my next message will explain but need to type up the notes I have andwritten.
Blessings.
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice Empty Matthew 6:9-13.Read and Notice

Post  Zerich Tue 21 Jul 2009, 6:59 pm

Did you know THIS is NOT the Lord's Prayer? Can anyone tell me why not? Give scripture proof. This is NOT a trick question.

Keep smiling, Zerich

Zerich

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down