World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 11:39 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 11:35 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:44 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:37 pm by Admin

» The Holocaust and Faith
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:26 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 9:52 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 9:43 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 9:35 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 7:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 9:44 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 10:07 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 8:06 pm by Admin

» AISH
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 6:50 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 11:13 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:56 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Noonday Devotion by Keith - Page 4 Empty Re: Noonday Devotion by Keith

Post  Admin Sat 26 Jun 2010, 9:28 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

It is wonderful to share with you again. Please share these devotions with all your friends and please click on the featured page link at the bottom of this e-mail.. you will be so blessed

Devotion 1

1 Corinthians 13 (King James Version)

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Paul has talked about spiritual gifts in Chapter 12 and he will go on to talk about them more in Chapter 14.

Here though he puts it all into perspective.

SPIRITUAL GIFTS WITHOUT LOVE MEAN NOTHING!

Paul says that our lives can and will be be like a clanging or sounding brass/ tinkling cymbal without love. A tinkling cymbal is hardly loud enough to be heard in the world.. our works will have no effect without love.

Likewise if we have not love, all our works are like sounding brass.. they are all show. We do great things.. but without love they are useless.. amen

So are believers who have not love.

So is a church that does not have love.

Both of these things mentioned in verse 1, were part of pagan worship (cymbals and brass), so Paul is saying that if you as an individual believer, or your church has not true agape love, then you are just like the pagans.

The thing that makes Christians different is their love for not just for one another, but a dying world. It is the special dynamic that makes the church stand out. In Verses 3-7, Paul shows us how loves operates in practical ways.

Are you or your church easily offended?
Are you or your church full of pride?
Are you or your church seeking it's own way?

Then you or your church are not operating in true agape love.

These are not my words, but God's words. We need to examine our love walk in view of this chapter?

Have you ever heard an orchestra, tuning up? You cannot make out a true sound, it is only when the conductor comes onto the platform and takes control, that the orchestra plays in unison. Your life believer and that of your church must be under the Lordship of Christ. Is your life under the Lordship of the divine conductor.. Jesus?

Because my/your love walk is not right, we are too loud or too quiet. We need to repent and get our love walk right with our fellow believers. How can we love the world, when we can't even love other believers? This command to love means everyone, even those we don't fully agree with on every point of doctrine and it means that we have to love believers in other denominations! !!!!.

Goodness me.. just imagine if we all truly loved each other from the heart.. what an example that would be to the world.

And how the world would be changed by seeing believers love each other from the heart. We sing that song.. they will know we are christians by our love. Let us show our love in practical ways to our fellow believers.

God Bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

1 Peter 4

17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Always and at all times, every believer must examine Him/Herself in the light of Scripture.

When God is pleased to send revival, he always starts with his church.

Before he can do anything with a country, he must deal with sin in his church.

Judgement and examination must start at the house of God. A country like mine the UK, has drifted away from God, so we in the church must look at ourselves and examine what part we have played in this.

In 2 Chronicles 7:14, God says if my people, he addressed this verse to His people. They have to repent and turn from their wicked ways and then God will heal their land. God doesn't address this to the politicians or business leaders, the responsibility lies with his people to lead the country back. Are we today leading our countries back into the ways of God?.

Or are we constantly saying... the situation gets worse every day. We need to get down on our knees and take responsibility for the situation.

Especially in the western world.. the church will lead the nation.. where a country has lost it's moral focus.. the church certainly will have.. amen. The church is the moral axis for that country.. or it should be.. amen

Why aren't we doing something about it?. Does the situation in our countries drive us to our knees in repentance and intercession?

In Joel 2:13, we are told to rend our hearts and not our garments. How many times are our hearts torn apart by the situation in our own countries?

How often do we outwardly rend our garments? How much of our repentance is superficial?

Judgement will start at the house of God. That is where God always looks first. He wants a bride that is spotless and pure and will not stop till he gets that.

Examine your heart today.. without delay

God Bless you

Keith
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 24 Jun 2010, 7:44 am

It is a wonderful privilege to share with you from the Word of God. The Book of Books.,. amen. I do hope you will be blessed and that you would share these devotions with all your friends and contacts. Please click on the featured page link at the bottom of this mail

Thanks and God bless you

Keith

Devotion 1

Jeremiah 29

11 For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.

12 Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you.

13 Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

I just love these verses

Don't they give you real assurance, they sure do me.

God thinks about you all the time, you are always on his mind. I just love that fact. That the one who never slumbers or sleeps has us always on his mind.

And these thoughts are good, these thoughts are of giving us good things.. they are to give us peace and hope. The only one true God thinks about me/you every single second of every day, it says that his thoughts towards us are more than the grains of sand in the whole world. Have you ever picked up a handful of sand and tried to count the grains? ... there will be many billions and this is the number of thoughts, God has towards you. Psalm 139:17-18

When this fact becomes a reality in our lives, we do certain things:

We call on God and come to Him vs 12. Because we are confident he will take care of us.
We have boldness to pray knowing that he will hear and answer us. Hebrews 10:19-22
Not only that but we will want deeper and more fuller communion with God vs13.

God cares for us completely, we can completely and utterly trust him my friends 1 Peter 5:7. Let us go forward with the knowledge that God loves us totally.

These words are words of comfort from God to his people, I hope you find these words as comforting.

Although they were written over 2,5000 years ago, they haven't lost their power.. amen

If you are downcast this morning...focus on these words

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

Romans 1

15So, for my part, I am willing and eagerly ready to preach the Gospel to you also who are in Rome.

16For I am not ashamed of the Gospel (good news) of Christ, for it is God's power working unto salvation [for deliverance from eternal death] to everyone who believes with a personal trust and a confident surrender and firm reliance, to the Jew first and also to the Greek
Can I ask you two questions.
Are you like Paul?

Prepared to preach Christ in the place of greatest danger verse 15. Paul knew that if he went to Rome and appealed upon the emperor, that it may well lead to his death.
But he was prepared to do it.. am I/we prepared to do this?

Note that Paul was eager and ready to preach the Gospel in Rome or whatever locatiuon he was in. no wonder, he spoke such words to Timothy in 2 Timothy chapter 4

2 Herald and preach the Word! Keep your sense of urgency [stand by, be at hand and ready], whether the opportunity seems to be favorable or unfavorable. [Whether it is convenient or inconvenient, whether it is welcome or unwelcome, you as preacher of the Word are to show people in what way their lives are wrong.] And convince them, rebuking and correcting, warning and urging and encouraging them, being unflagging and inexhaustible in patience and teaching.

Secondly, are we ashamed of the Gospel of Christ?
Every time we have an opportunity to say a word for God and don't then this is being ashamed of the gospel. Paul knew that the gospel could change the darkest life.

Do we not share the gospel with someone because we think, that God isn't able to save them?
Believer this is wrong and I speak to myself first and foremost on this issue, because I sometimes lack faith in the power of the Gospel to change and transform lives.
Tell forth the Gospel and then let the power of the Holy Spirit work in people's lives.

Let us do that at every opportunity
God bless you
Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

"I sought him, but I found him not." – Song of Solomon 3:1

Tell me where you lost the company of a Christ, and I will tell you the most likely place to find him. Have you lost Christ in the closet by restraining prayer? Then it is there you must seek and find him. Did you lose Christ by sin? You will find Christ in no other way but by the giving up of the sin, and seeking by the Holy Spirit to mortify the member in which the lust doth dwell. Did you lose Christ by neglecting the Scriptures? You must find Christ in the Scriptures. It is a true proverb, "Look for a thing where you dropped it, it is there." So look for Christ where you lost him, for he has not gone away. But it is hard work to go back for Christ. Bunyan tells us, the pilgrim found the piece of the road back to the Arbour of Ease, where he lost his roll, the hardest he had ever travelled. Twenty miles onward is easier than to go one mile back for the lost evidence.

Take care, then, when you find your Master, to cling close to him. But how is it you have lost him? One would have thought you would never have parted with such a precious friend, whose presence is so sweet, whose words are so comforting, and whose company is so dear to you! How is it that you did not watch him every moment for fear of losing sight of him? Yet, since you have let him go, what a mercy that you are seeking him, even though you mournfully groan, "O that I knew where I might find him!" Go on seeking, for it is dangerous to be without thy Lord. Without Christ you are like a sheep without its shepherd; like a tree without water at its roots; like a sere leaf in the tempest-not bound to the tree of life. With thine whole heart seek him, and he will be found of thee: only give thyself thoroughly up to the search, and verily, thou shalt yet discover him to thy joy and gladness.

PM

"My sister, my spouse." – Song of Solomon 4:12

Observe the sweet titles with which the heavenly Solomon with intense affection addresses his bride the church. "My sister, one near to me by ties of nature, partaker of the same sympathies. My spouse, nearest and dearest, united to me by the tenderest bands of love; my sweet companion, part of my own self. My sister, by my Incarnation, which makes me bone of thy bone and flesh of thy flesh; my spouse, by heavenly betrothal, in which I have espoused thee unto myself in righteousness. My sister, whom I knew of old, and over whom I watched from her earliest infancy; my spouse, taken from among the daughters, embraced by arms of love, and affianced unto me for ever. See how true it is that our royal Kinsman is not ashamed of us, for he dwells with manifest delight upon this two-fold relationship. We have the word "my" twice in our version; as if Christ dwelt with rapture on his possession of his Church. "His delights were with the sons of men," because those sons of men were his own chosen ones. He, the Shepherd, sought the sheep, because they were his sheep; he has gone about "to seek and to save that which was lost," because that which was lost was his long before it was lost to itself or lost to him. The church is the exclusive portion of her Lord; none else may claim a partnership, or pretend to share her love. Jesus, thy church delights to have it so! Let every believing soul drink solace out of these wells. Soul! Christ is near to thee in ties of relationship; Christ is dear to thee in bonds of marriage union, and thou art dear to him; behold he grasps both of thy hands with both his own, saying, "My sister, my spouse." Mark the two sacred holdfasts by which thy Lord gets such a double hold of thee that he neither can nor will ever let thee go. Be not, O beloved, slow to return the hallowed flame of his love.

Featured Page Link

Please click on the link below.. as it will lead you to a page that shares about some of the true Saints of God in times past.

There is so much we can learn from these Godly men and women.. this page will change every month.. so please come back often and tell your friends

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_5_Faith-movers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 22 Jun 2010, 10:48 am

It is wonderful to share with you again. Please share these devotions with all your friends and please click on the featured page link at the bottom of this e-mail.. you will be so blessed
Devotion 1
1 Corinthians 13 (King James Version)
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
Paul has talked about spiritual gifts in Chapter 12 and he will go on to talk about them more in Chapter 14.
Here though he puts it all into perspective.
SPIRITUAL GIFTS WITHOUT LOVE MEAN NOTHING!
Paul says that our lives can and will be be like a clanging or sounding brass/ tinkling cymbal without love. A tinkling cymbal is hardly loud enough to be heard in the world.. our works will have no effect without love.
Likewise if we have not love, all our works are like sounding brass.. they are all show. We do great things.. but without love they are useless.. amen
So are believers who have not love. So is a church that does not have love.
Both of these things mentioned in verse 1, were part of pagan worship (cymbals and brass), so Paul is saying that if you as an individual believer, or your church has not true agape love, then you are just like the pagans.
The thing that makes Christians different is their love for not just for one another, but a dying world. It is the special dynamic that makes the church stand out. In Verses 3-7, Paul shows us how loves operates in practical ways.

Are you or your church easily offended?
Are you or your church full of pride?
Are you or your church seeking it's own way?
Then you or your church are not operating in true agape love.
These are not my words, but God's words. We need to examine our love walk in view of this chapter?
Have you ever heard an orchestra, tuning up? You cannot make out a true sound, it is only when the conductor comes onto the platform and takes control, that the orchestra plays in unison. So it is with the church, your life believer and that of your church must be under the Lordship of Christ. Is your life under the Lordship of the divine conductor.. Jesus?
Because your love walk is not right, we are too loud or too quiet. We need to repent and get our love walk right with our fellow believers. How can we love the world, when we can't even love other believers? This command to love means everyone, even those we don't fully agree with on every point of doctrine and it means that we have to love believers in other denominations!!!!!. Goodness me.. just imagine if we all truly loved each other from the heart.. what an example that would be to the world.
God Bless you
Keith

Devotion 2
1 Peter 4
17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
Always and at all times, every believer must examine Him/Herself in the light of Scripture.
When God is pleased to send revival, he always starts with his church.
Before he can do anything with a country, he must deal with sin in his church.
Judgement and examination must start at the house of God. A country like mine the UK, has drifted away from God, so we in the church must look at ourselves and examine what part we have played in this.
In 2 Chronicles 7:14, God says if my people, he addressed this verse to His people. They have to repent and turn from their wicked ways and then God will heal their land. God doesn't address this to the politicians or business leaders, the responsibility lies with his people to lead the country back. Are we today leading our countries back into the ways of God?.
Or are we constantly saying... the situation gets worse every day. We need to get down on our knees and take responsibility for the situation.
Especially in the western world.. the church will lead the nation.. where a country has lost it's moral focus.. the church certainly will have.. amen. The church is the moral axis for that country.. or it should be.. amen
Why aren't we doing something about it?. Does the situation in our countries drive us to our knees in repentance and intercession?
In Joel 2:13, we are told to rend our hearts and not our garments. How many times are our hearts torn apart by the situation in our own countries?
How often do we outwardly rend our garments? How much of our repentance is superficial?
Judgement will start at the house of God. That is where God always looks first. He wants a bride that is spotless and pure and will not stop till he gets that.
Examine your heart today.. without delay
God Bless you
Keith

Please read the following two devotions below by CH Spurgeon

Morning and evening By CH Spurgeon
AM
"Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away." – Song of Solomon 2:10
Lo, I hear the voice of my Beloved! He speaks to me! Fair weather is smiling upon the face of the earth, and he would not have me spiritually asleep while nature is all around me awaking from her winter's rest. He bids me "Rise up," and well he may, for I have long enough been lying among the pots of worldliness. He is risen, I am risen in him, why then should I cleave unto the dust? From lower loves, desires, pursuits, and aspirations, I would rise towards him. He calls me by the sweet title of "My love," and counts me fair; this is a good argument for my rising. If he has thus exalted me, and thinks me thus comely, how can I linger in the tents of Kedar and find congenial associates among the sons of men? He bids me "Come away." Further and further from everything selfish, grovelling, worldly, sinful, he calls me; yea, from the outwardly religious world which knows him not, and has no sympathy with the mystery of the higher life, he calls me. "Come away" has no harsh sound in it to my ear, for what is there to hold me in this wilderness of vanity and sin? O my Lord, would that I could come away, but I am taken among the thorns, and cannot escape from them as I would. I would, if it were possible, have neither eyes, nor ears, nor heart for sin. Thou callest me to thyself by saying "Come away," and this is a melodious call indeed. To come to thee is to come home from exile, to come to land out of the raging storm, to come to rest after long labour, to come to the goal of my desires and the summit of my wishes. But Lord, how can a stone rise, how can a lump of clay come away from the horrible pit? O raise me, draw me. Thy grace can do it. Send forth thy Holy Spirit to kindle sacred flames of love in my heart, and I will continue to rise until I leave life and time behind me, and indeed come away.
PM
"If any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him." – Revelation 3:20
What is your desire this evening? Is it set upon heavenly things? Do you long to enjoy the high doctrine of eternal love? Do you desire liberty in very close communion with God? Do you aspire to know the heights, and depths, and lengths, and breadths? Then you must draw near to Jesus; you must get a clear sight of him in his preciousness and completeness: you must view him in his work, in his offices, in his person. He who understands Christ, receives an anointing from the Holy One, by which he knows all things. Christ is the great master-key of all the chambers of God: there is no treasure-house of God which will not open and yield up all its wealth to the soul that lives near to Jesus. Are you saying, "O that he would dwell in my bosom?" "Would that he would make my heart his dwelling-place for ever?" Open the door, beloved, and he will come into your souls. He has long been knocking, and all with this object, that he may sup with you, and you with him. He sups with you because you find the house or the heart, and you with him because he brings the provision. He could not sup with you if it were not in your heart, you finding the house; nor could you sup with him, for you have a bare cupboard, if he did not bring provision with him. Fling wide, then, the portals of your soul. He will come with that love which you long to feel; he will come with that joy into which you cannot work your poor depressed spirit; he will bring the peace which now you have not; he will come with his flagons of wine and sweet apples of love, and cheer you till you have no other sickness but that of "love o'erpowering, love divine." Only open the door to him, drive out his enemies, give him the keys of your heart, and he will dwell there for ever. Oh, wondrous love, that brings such a guest to dwell in such a heart!
Featured page Link
Jesus is alive.. come and read the most amazing story and please share with all your friends
http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_4_Jesus-is-Alive
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 19 Jun 2010, 12:30 pm

Welcome to Simply Scripture

It is a real joy and privilege to share with you all once again. I am so privileged to be able to share with people all over the world...who read these messages. Thanks to all of you, who forward these messages onto all your friends and If you don't already, then please do

Before you start to read this article.. I want you to click on the following two Links. These were soul winners.. men who were so devoted to saving souls. Look at their lives and be inspired. We think that we are winning souls for Jesus.. but please look at the example that these two men set and then consider whether you are a soul winner

Please use the other links at the bottom and the link to my website page, which has lots of great articles. This is important my brothers and sisters

Thanks and God bless you

Keith

John Harper

http://www.blessedquietness.com/journal/housechu/harper.htm

CT Studd

http://www.wholesomewords.org/children/biostuddcc.html

Simply Scripture

Matthew 28:17-20

17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

My Dear friends.

This message has been on my heart for some time and I am following the Leading of the Spirit of God as I write it.
These are some of the last recorded words of Jesus whilst he was on earth, so he sure wants them remembered.. This passage has:

Commands

Go vs 19
Teach all Nations vs 19
Baptise vs 19

Promises

Jesus has all authority.. over everything vs 18
Jesus will be with us vs 20

It says that they worshipped Him verse 17, but there was still doubts there, doubts about what you may ask, they had seen the evidence of Jesus Resurrection, they had seen his miracle working power. Are you like some of the disciples?. You have seen Jesus do miracles in your life, you have seen His power in evidence in your life, but you still doubt. He asks why?

Jesus has the answer to their doubt in verse 18, he said that all authority was given to Him. Yes that's right my friends.. all power. And who had given Jesus all authority, it was the Father, who had given all things into His hands. Jesus has at His disposal, the greatest power the world has ever seen or will see.. AMEN
Because of what he says in verse 18, we can be confident of our commission in verses 19-20. Are we?
This is not just a commission to evangelize the world, we have to do follow up and bringing men and women to maturity in Christ
We have to baptize these believers, they have to know the realization of being buried with Christ in baptism Romans 6:1-4. Just like the early church did, we have to do the same. Acts chs 2-6
Baptism was an outward sign of an inner commitment, it was a testimony to the world of a person coming to trust Jesus. If you haven't been baptised by immersion, I would encourage you to be.
We have to teach and train them up , sharing with them all that Jesus taught, so that they follow Him closely and become effective disciples of the Lord. Can I ask do we as individuals and churches neglect our role here?

I Love the discourse of Jesus in John chs 13-17, it is so beautiful. there he outlined certain things that the disciples had to learn.

That they were to be connected to the vine... the relationship with Christ John 15:1-5
The Unity of the Believers.. the Love they had to have one for another John chapter 17
Obedience to God John 14

There are others, but if all young Christians knew these 3 principles, they wouldn't go far wrong amen? If we share with each new converts to read these five chapters, then they would start on the right path, because this is what Jesus says, not our church doctrine book!

We have lots of conversions, but how many true disciples do we make? In his sermon.. Hells best kept secret, Ray Comfort said that nearly 80% of people who come to Christ are lost. Is this because we neglect part of the great commission? It is no good obeying one part of it and not the rest. Does a mother have a baby and then leave it to fend on it's own?. NO!. Neither should we with spiritual babes. Jesus has shed his precious blood to redeem them.. how dare we neglect them?
We need not be afraid when we go out into the world, because not only do we have the ultimate power of Jesus with us, we have the very presence of Jesus with us, by the means of the Holy Spirit. He promises to be with us and never ever leave us.
My friends, let us not be afraid to witness and share the gospel, let us not doubt the gospel, let us not doubt that the Lord's hand is shortened, it still can and will save the vilest sinner. Look at Paul for instance, God saved Him
Let us take up the challenge of reaching the world and then helping people who trust in Jesus, grow into maturity.

How do we reach the world for Christ. Well here are a few ways. . Why Don't you:

Prayer walk your street/road/village claiming it for Jesus and anointing it with the blood of Jesus.. speaking it over your community.. claim your street for Christ

Get Gospels of John or Gospel Booklets from your local christian bookstore and distribute them in your local area. Place your church's address and phone number on it or even your own

Give out these booklets to people at your local shop/store.. or where ever you meet people. Always carry Gospels/christian literature with you

If there are Christians from other churches who live on your street/road, get together once a month to pray for people.. it sure would help christian unity if nothing else. Or even organise a street event.. such as a coffee morning, come on church get creative.. get out of your comfort zone.. Jesus told us to go.. not stay in our ivory towers we call church.

Open your home to your friends/neighbours

In closing I want to go back to John Harper and CT Studd. When the Titanic went down, there were large numbers of people in the water and the lifeboats were half full. We are the people in the lifeboats who have been gloriously saved. One only Lifeboat went back to look for survivors. this is a picture of the church today. Can I ask, is your lifeboat only half full and why aren't you going back to pick up survivors and rescue them from certain death?

Because if they are without Christ, that is what they are facing. The lifeboats were frightened of being dragged under by the swell, they said let just leave it to the main rescue ship.. albeit we do, we say let's have a big crusade with a big evangelist. What's your excuse believer for not going back and seeking to rescue those in the water? All these excuses hold no water with God my friends.. however good we think they are.. amen.

You are their only hope after all. Has your lifeboat been back to pick up survivors or are you letting them drown?

CT Studd said that he wanted to have a rescue chapel within a yard of hell. He gave up so much for the gospel, what are you willing to give up for the gospel? Jesus says go, he doesn't say stay in your churches and be comfortable.. amen? If my/your Christianity doesn't cost us anything, then it is not biblical Christianity .. amen?

Let us weep for the souls of men.. like Jesus did. we all say we want to be like Jesus.. well do we weep like he did.

Let's reach the world and make a difference

God bless you

Keith

Please click on the following links

Hell's Best kept Secret by Ray Comfort

http://www.livingwaters.com/learn/hellsbestkeptsecret.htm

Featured page link

This page is the Guest page.. please come every week to this page, as it is updated with the very best christian articles every Tuesday

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_6_Guest-Page
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 16 Jun 2010, 12:26 pm

Welcome once again to Spirit Steps
Today, we are going to look deeper into probably.. one of the greatest sermons ever given. I hope you are enjoying these studies and for those of you.. who have been with me from the start.. I hope you have been printing these out.. as they will build up to make a unique commentary on this wonderful book.
Please click on the featured page link at the bottom of this e-mail
Thanks and God bless
Keith
Acts chapter 2
For bible passage click below
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=acts%202:22-37&version=AMP
Well the gibbering wreck has been transformed into the bold preacher.. yes Peter had changed from denying Jesus to uplifting Him.. before the whole of Jerusalem.
There were probably people in the crowd, who knew what Peter had done and even heard him, on that sorry night..so there is hope for us all.. whatever failures, we have had in the past, it doesn't mean, God can't use in the future, if we are truly repentant.. amen
Note that first words out of his mouth, are about Jesus, not about himself, he testifies of Jesus, nothing else. How often when we are sharing with someone, do we put forward our church or our denomination?
We should be preaching Christ Crucified and nothing else.. amen?
He states in verse 23, that this was part of God's plan.. Pilate, Herod and the Pharisees, were just used of God to bring about his purposes.. his salvation plan.. amen
What a wonderful statement in verse 24, the pangs of death, were not able to keep Jesus. Death could not hold HIM, and now we can benefit.. death has lost it's sting and power.. amen
He uses the analogy of David, all of the crowd were Jews and related to this. they were steeped in the scriptures and knew the stories of David inside out, but here was Peter stating that the words of David were prophetic.. that David was not speaking of Himself But Christ.
In Verse 32, Peter identifies himself and the apostles, with the Resurrection of Jesus, he states that they were eye witnesses of what happened.
Surely the best way to witness is to tell your eye witness story of what has happened to you. Have you told someone your story.. today/this week/this month/this year?
Peter in verse 36, made it personal to the people listening. He made sure they knew what had happened to Christ and what God had done, that he had been crucified, but God had raised him and now had Glorified Him at his right hand
In verse 37, they were cut to the heart, the strong biblical preaching of God's holy word, has an effect. The Holy Spirit, will honour the word of God, when Jesus is lifted up.
You look at the sermon and think that Peter goes round the houses, but he preaches strong words to these people.. no wonder the first church, was so strong, it was built on the principles of the First sermon.
In today's world, the church is producing thousands and thousands of converts, but not many disciples.. we need to ask why. Maybe it is because, we preach that God will bring peace, joy etc.. and sure He will bring those things to your life.
But we need to present the gospel, in the right way.. we must stress the cross and sin and eternal punishment and say to people that if they become a christian.. sure things will be great with God.. but also difficult.. there will be persecution, there is an enemy to fight.. they will swimming against the tide.
It is time to look at what the First church preached and that was Jesus and Him alone.. it was not what God could do for them.. it was how these people could be forgiven of their sin and saved from eternal punishment.. now to preach hell is not popular.. but hell is mentioned more times than heaven in the bible.
I was saved when someone preached on Hell.. when we have a clear knowledge of the eternal consequences for people who aren't saved, then our one and only focus, will be on saving souls.. amen
God bless you
Keith
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 14 Jun 2010, 6:33 pm

Welcome to Spirit Steps

It is a great joy to share this adventure with you.. yes it is an adventure. I hope you are really enjoying our study.. although I will be about 60 when I finish...already 51..lol lol lol.

Please click the featured link at the bottom of this message

Acts 2:14-21

14 But Peter, standing with the eleven, raised his voice and addressed them: You Jews and all you residents of Jerusalem, let this be [explained] to you so that you will know and understand; listen closely to what I have to say.

15 For these men are not drunk, as you imagine, for it is [only] the third hour (about 9:00 a.m.) of the day;

16 But [instead] this is [the beginning of] what was spoken through the prophet Joel:

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, God declares, that I will pour out of My Spirit upon all mankind, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy [[b]telling forth the divine counsels] and your young men shall see visions ([c]divinely granted appearances), and your old men shall dream [[d]divinely suggested] dreams.

18 Yes, and on My menservants also and on My maidservants in those days I will pour out of My Spirit, and they shall prophesy [[e]telling forth the divine counsels and [f]predicting future events pertaining especially to God's kingdom].

19 And I will show wonders in the sky above and signs on the earth beneath, blood and fire and smoking vapor;

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood before the obvious day of the Lord comes--that great and notable and conspicuous and renowned [day].

21 And it shall be that whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord [[g]invoking, adoring, and worshiping the Lord--Christ] shall be saved.(A)

The Day of Pentecost was finally here, the world would never be the same.

As Peter stands up to address the crowd of Jewish people, he repeats a prophecy from the Book of Joel

The first thing that can be said about this fact is this, everything God said in the Old Testament, about the first coming of Jesus and what would happen in subsequent days and years, came to fulfillment. So we can be sure that every thing, God has said both in relation to us and to the wonderful second coming of our Precious Lord and Saviour, will come to pass.

Every word that relates to the future in scripture, will be fulfilled. God never has or never will break a promise.

A word on Joel. He was a prophet who lived many years before Jesus and the Apostles. He wrote this down under inspiration from the Holy Spirit, but he would never see it, but he believed it. Now that is faith, my friends Hebrews 11:1.

What God was going to do here, is not just for the Day of Pentecost.. it is for now my friends. It is God's wish to pour out HIS Holy Spirit on all flesh and to transform the world through the power of the cross..

The Lord wishes to pour out His Spirit on us today, but the circumstances do have to be right 2 Chronicles 7:14-16

What we have to also recognise, is that a move of God is a sovereign act of God.. it is at his time. The wind blows and you don't know where it is coming from and going too.. this is just like the Spirit of God moving.. you will know that it has come from God and you will certainly see the effects of it working in your church/community/life.

Also please note that the Lord pours out His Spirit on both men and women, there is no distinction in God's eyes. God is not looking at our outward appearance, he looks at our heart

It is striking that the men and women are called servants, my brothers and sisters, we have to realise that we are only servants, so let curb our ego's and remember, that we are servants under the Lordship of Christ.

The passage ends, with a wonderful promise, the offer is still open my friend.. but it is closing soon.

Isn't it time you called upon the name of Jesus and were saved?

God bless you

Keith

Featured Page link

This page has many wonderful links to other great websites, great music and excellent bible teaching.

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_16_Links-Page
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 09 Jun 2010, 11:52 am

Devotion 1
1 Peter 3 (Amplified Bible)
14 But even in case you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, [you are] blessed (happy, to be envied). Do not dread or be afraid of their threats, nor be disturbed [by their opposition].
15 But in your hearts set Christ apart as holy [and acknowledge Him] as Lord. Always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully.(B)
16 [And see to it that] your conscience is entirely clear ([e]unimpaired), so that, when you are falsely accused as evildoers, those who threaten you abusively and revile your right behavior in Christ may come to be ashamed [of slandering your good lives].
Persecution is nothing new to the christian church. It was evident from the very first years of the church. see Acts Ch's 3-8
So how are we supposed to react when we come under persecution, as we surely will in some form or another.
In 2 Timothy 3 Paul says this:

12 Indeed all who delight in piety and are determined to live a devoted and godly life in Christ Jesus will meet with persecution [will be made to suffer because of their religious stand].
These verses in 1 Peter give us principles that we can use when we come under persecution.
In verses 15-16, we see these principles
Verse 15 We must be under the Lordship of Christ. He will look after us. In verse 12, the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and he hears their cries. What an assurance that should be to us. Also it says that if we confess Our Lord before men, he will confess it before His Father in heaven. Luke 12:8
The most important thing is that we are completely under the Lordship of Christ, that we trust Him fully, because whatever happens, God is in control.
When we are asked to give a defence for our faith, we must be ready. That means, we must know the scriptures. We must be full of the word, look at Jesus when he was in front of Pilate and the Council of Israel in Luke 22, he quoted Scripture and spoke boldly. Look at the example of Paul in Acts 26 and Stephen In Acts 7. All of them know the bible inside out, they were ready to give an answer for their faith. Read these wonderful accounts.
We are to be respectful in our answers, this means we must be bold, but not to shout and scream. Look at the response of Peter and John in Acts Ch's 3-5. In verse 9 of this chapter, we are told about how to address these people, in a way that reflects your Saviour, as we are his mouthpiece.
The result of this, will be that you are blameless in your conscience and in the sight of God. Look at the example of Stephen, he spoke boldly, but he died with a clear conscience, but the people he addressed, were ashamed of what they had done to Him Vs 16 C/f Acts ch 7.
Maybe you are not suffering severe persecution, like the first apostles did. But you have to be ready to give an answer, to your accusers, so that they would be ashamed of their accusations.
The Lord said to me, that we can have joy, because of our situation. You may be going through persecution at the present time, but you can have joy, because of your persecution. Paul and Silas were in chains and in prison in Acts 16, but they still rejoiced.. and look what happened.. God acted.. has he changed?
Make Jesus Lord and Be ready to give an answer, have your life and mind filled with the word of God.
Jesus has overcome the world and so can you John 16:33, 1 John 4:4, Romans 12:21 and John 17:11
God bless you
Keith

Devotion 2
2 Samuel 12
9 Why have you despised the commandment of the Lord, doing evil in His sight? You have slain Uriah the Hittite with the sword and have taken his wife to be your wife. You have murdered him with the sword of the Ammonites.(A)
14 Nevertheless, because by this deed you have utterly scorned the Lord and given great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, the child that is born to you shall surely die.
As I was reading the account of David in this chapter, the Lord asked me these 2 questions.
Verse 9 Do I despise God's commandments?
God gives us commands that are not options. Like in Matthew 28:19-20, Ephesians 5:18 and Philippians 4:4.
So why Do I/you find it so easy to disregard them?
When we do, we cause hurt to the heart of the Father. God does not see things as shades of grey.. he sees obedience or disobedience.
Like Joshua said, you can not falter between two opinions. You cannot sit on the fence as a christian.. it is obedience to the commands of God or nothing.
The command to love one another, we cannot say well I will love this person and not another, to do this is to be disobedient to the command of God. You cannot pick and choose which commands of God, you want to obey.. we have no choice but to obey.. amen
He then asked me this question
Verse 14
This really spoke to me. Have I done anything to give the enemies of the Lord, a reason to blaspheme?
My/your life is probably the only thing people will see of Jesus, you are his representative here on earth.
Do you reflect him 24/7 or do you give a bad impression of your Saviour?
Have you sin in your life that gives unbelievers a wrong impression of Jesus. Let me ask you this, do you use bad language?
If you do then, this is not good, I use this as an example. James says blessing and cursing .. these things ought not to be so James 3:7-10 and Ephesians 4:29-32 (Paul)
You are being watched believer. Is my/your life a true reflection of Jesus?
God bless you
Morning and evening by CH Spurgeon
AM
Even thou wast as one of them." € ¦’¶ Obadiah 1:11
Brotherly kindness was due from Edom to Israel in the time of need, but instead thereof, the men of Esau made common cause with Israel's foes. Special stress in the sentence before us is laid upon the word thou; as when Caesar cried to Brutus, "and thou Brutus"; a bad action may be all the worse, because of the person who has committed it. When we sin, who are the chosen favourites of heaven, we sin with an emphasis; ours is a crying offence, because we are so peculiarly indulged. If an angel should lay his hand upon us when we are doing evil, he need not use any other rebuke than the question, "What thou? What dost thou here?" Much forgiven, much delivered, much instructed, much enriched, much blessed, shall we dare to put forth our hand unto evil? God forbid!
A few minutes of confession may be beneficial to thee, gentle reader, this morning. Hast thou never been as the wicked? At an evening party certain men laughed at uncleanness, and the joke was not altogether offensive to thine ear, even thou wast as one of them. When hard things were spoken concerning the ways of God, thou wast bashfully silent; and so, to on-lookers, thou wast as one of them. When worldlings were bartering in the market, and driving hard bargains, wast thou not as one of them? When they were pursuing vanity with a hunter's foot, wert thou not as greedy for gain as they were? Could any difference be discerned between thee and them? Is there any difference? Here we come to close quarters. Be honest with thine own soul, and make sure that thou art a new creature in Christ Jesus; but when this is sure, walk jealously, lest any should again be able to say, "Even thou wast as one of them." Thou wouldst not desire to share their eternal doom, why then be like them here? Come not thou into their secret, lest thou come into their ruin. Side with the afflicted people of God, and not with the world.
PM
If any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous." € ¦’¶ I John 2:1
"If any man sin, we have an advocate." Yes, though we sin, we have him still. John does not say, "If any man sin he has forfeited his advocate," but "we have an advocate," sinners though we are. All the sin that a believer ever did, or can be allowed to commit, cannot destroy his interest in the Lord Jesus Christ, as his advocate. The name here given to our Lord is suggestive. "Jesus." Ah! then he is an advocate such as we need, for Jesus is the name of one whose business and delight it is to save. "They shall call his name Jesus, for he shall save his people from their sins." His sweetest name implies his success. Next, it is "Jesus Christ"-Christos, the anointed. This shows his authority to plead. The Christ has a right to plead, for he is the Father's own appointed advocate and elected priest. If he were of our choosing he might fail, but if God hath laid help upon one that is mighty, we may safely lay our trouble where God has laid his help. He is Christ, and therefore authorized; he is Christ, and therefore qualified, for the anointing has fully fitted him for his work. He can plead so as to move the heart of God and prevail. What words of tenderness, what sentences of persuasion will the anointed use when he stands up to plead for me! One more letter of his name remains, "Jesus Christ the righteous." This is not only his character BUT his plea. It is his character, and if the Righteous One be my advocate, then my cause is good, or he would not have espoused it. It is his plea, for he meets the charge of unrighteousness against me by the plea that he is righteous. He declares himself my substitute and puts his obedience to my account. My soul, thou hast a friend well fitted to be thine advocate, he cannot but succeed; leave thyself entirely in his hands.
Featured page link
I hope you all will read this wonderful page and share it with all your friends.. click link below
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 06 Jun 2010, 12:45 pm

What a joy it is to share with you again. I hope you are truly blessed by what God has given me to share from his Holy Word. The word of God is so precious and I hope you will forward these messages to all your friends and church contacts.
Please also click on the featured page link at the bottom of this e-mail

Thanks

God bless

Keith

Devotion 1

Isaiah 45
18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.
20 Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.
21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
24 Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.
25 In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.
This was my bible reading yesterday and the words said by Our Father are just completely awesome
It made me think of this.. what is our view of God?
We need to have a correct view of God. There is only one true God Vs 18,21 &22. God is jealous believer of your love, he will not tolerate other god's in your life. vs 20 He loves you with an everlasting love
Let us look at a couple of things from this passage, but I hope you will search the scriptures for yourself and find nuggets of Gold
Verse 18 Recently there has been this big experiment to recreate the big bang, here God puts that theory in it's place. He created this world. He even tells you why He created it.

There surely is no other God...amen
Verse 19 The Lord speaks righteousness. every word that God says is true and pure.

Everything in this beautiful book the Bible is true and pure and beautiful. In our hands is a jewel. Do we treat it as a jewel? Is this jewel just lying on your shelf unopened?
Verse 25 Is your glory in the Lord? Or do you glory or seek the praise of men?
This passage has so much.. don't you just love it. Dig into your own personal gold mine and bring out nuggets of gold that will transform your life.

God bless you as you search the scriptures
Keith

Devotion 2

Revelation 21

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

I was walking along the seafront yesterday and looked up at the sun, which was shining so brightly and the Lord brought this verse to mind.

So often we are dazzled by the sun. But my question is, are we dazzled by the SON?

It is going to be amazing in heaven, the light of heaven is the Father and the Son. How bright the glory of God is.

Paul in Acts 9 and John in Revelation 1 were dazzled by the Glory of the Lord.

I just wonder if we are? Both of them fell at the feet of Jesus, this has to be our reaction to meeting our Father God and coming into his presence.

In Revelation 3, the Ephesian Church had lost their first love, that love that had once glowed so bright. Have I/you lost that sense of awe about the person of God? Have I/you lost a sense of the Glory of God?

May we all never lose our awe and wonder.

I love this song below

To sit in your presence
To rest at your feet
To treasure each moment
That makes me complete
This is my desire O LORD

Is this your desire?

God bless you

Keith

AM

"Remember the poor." € ¦’¶ Galatians 2:10

Why does God allow so many of his children to be poor? He could make them all rich if he pleased; he could lay bags of gold at their doors; he could send them a large annual income; or he could scatter round their houses abundance of provisions, as once he made the quails lie in heaps round the camp of Israel, and rained bread out of heaven to feed them. There is no necessity that they should be poor, except that he sees it to be best. "The cattle upon a thousand hills are his"-he could supply them; he could make the richest, the greatest, and the mightiest bring all their power and riches to the feet of his children, for the hearts of all men are in his control. But he does not choose to do so; he allows them to suffer want, he allows them to pine in penury and obscurity. Why is this? There are many reasons: one is, to give us, who are favoured with enough, an opportunity of showing our love to Jesus. We show our love to Christ when we sing of him and when we pray to him; but if there were no sons of need in the world we should lose the sweet privilege of evidencing our love, by ministering in alms-giving to his poorer brethren; he has ordained that thus we should prove that our love standeth not in word only, but in deed and in truth. If we truly love Christ, we shall care for those who are loved by him. Those who are dear to him will be dear to us. Let us then look upon it not as a duty but as a privilege to relieve the poor of the Lord's flock-remembering the words of the Lord Jesus, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Surely this assurance is sweet enough, and this motive strong enough to lead us to help others with a willing hand and a loving heart-recollecting that all we do for his people is graciously accepted by Christ as done to himself.

PM
"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church." € ¦’¶ Ephesians 5:25
What a golden example Christ gives to his disciples! Few masters could venture to say, "If you would practise my teaching, imitate my life;" but as the life of Jesus is the exact transcript of perfect virtue, he can point to himself as the paragon of holiness, as well as the teacher of it. The Christian should take nothing short of Christ for his model. Under no circumstances ought we to be content unless we reflect the grace which was in him. As a husband, the Christian is to look upon the portrait of Christ Jesus, and he is to paint according to that copy. The true Christian is to be such a husband as Christ was to his church. The love of a husband is special. The Lord Jesus cherishes for the church a peculiar affection, which is set upon her above the rest of mankind: "I pray for them, I pray not for the world." The elect church is the favourite of heaven, the treasure of Christ, the crown of his head, the bracelet of his arm, the breastplate of his heart, the very centre and core of his love. A husband should love his wife with a constant love, for thus Jesus loves his church. He does not vary in his affection. He may change in his display of affection, but the affection itself is still the same. A husband should love his wife with an enduring love, for nothing "shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." A true husband loves his wife with a hearty love, fervent and intense. It is not mere lip-service. Ah! beloved, what more could Christ have done in proof of his love than he has done? Jesus has a delighted love towards his spouse: He prizes her affection, and delights in her with sweet complacence. Believer, you wonder at Jesus' love; you admire it-are you imitating it? In your domestic relationships is the rule and measure of your love-"even as Christ loved the church?"

Featured Page link
Please click on the featured link below.. share it with your friends.. it tells the greatest story ever

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_2_-Salvation-Focus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 02 Jun 2010, 10:32 am

Hello Everyone.. it is an amazing privilege to be able to share with you again. Please grab your bible, make yourself a cup of tea or coffee and yes get yourself a piece of cake!!!

Please click on the featured page link at the bottom of this message and also pass this message onto all your friends.

The featured page link, if you click it and I hope you do, has six awesome messages on to stir your faith..every Tuesday, these articles get changed for new ones, so please come back each week and see what is new on this page

God bless you

Keith

Epaphras

Colossians 1

7 You so learned it from Epaphras, our beloved fellow servant. He is a faithful minister of Christ in our stead and as our representative and [f]yours.
8 Also he has informed us of your love in the [Holy] Spirit.
Colossians 4

12 Epaphras, who is one of yourselves, a servant of Christ Jesus, sends you greetings. [He is] always striving for you earnestly in his prayers, [pleading] that you may [as persons of ripe character and clear conviction] stand firm and mature [in spiritual growth], convinced and fully assured in [b]everything willed by God.
13 For I bear him testimony that he has labored hard in your behalf and for [the believers] in Laodicea and those in Hierapolis.

The Lord told me to share about this man during evening service at my home church, I was listening Pastor Mark.. honest!!!.
We are going to look at three aspects of His life:
WHO HE WAS
WHAT HE DID
WHY HE DID IT.
Let us look at the first of these.
Are you fascinated why in the New testament, the Apostle Paul tells us about some of his co-workers. I think that it is an indication of how valuable these people were to Him and his ministry, but most importantly to God.
So who was Epaphras
Well he was probably the founder of this church here at Colossae, but he was much more than that , as it says certain things about Him in the first Chapter of Colossians.
Who he was
He was beloved verse 7. Believer you are loved beyond measure, Not just by the Lord, if that isn't enough but by your fellow believers.
He was a servant verse 7 Jesus said that the greatest among you, must be your servant. Do you my dear brother in Christ, have a servant's heart and do you serve without question your fellow believers?
He was Faithful. Verse 7. Probably this man started out in quite a lowly position, but he was faithful in those little things. If you want to be trusted in the big things, you must be faithful in the little things. Such as, do you keep your word? Do you say you will be somewhere and then don't turn up?
He could be trusted Verse 7 Paul trusted this man completely and utterly. Tell me would your pastor, be able to trust you in a role like this?
He told the truth of the Gospel see Verse 6 This man taught the gospel as outlined in verse 6, he did not compromise it

He spoke of the Grace of God see Verse 6 It says that the gospel came to this church clearly and in truth. This man who founded the church, spoke the gospel in power and gave all the glory to the Lord.
Secondly
What he did
I just love verse 8.
He gave Paul a good report on the believers in this place, he did not tell bad things to the apostle, he told of their love in the Spirit. I wonder if you had to say one thing about your church, what would it be? Would you give a good report?
In Philemon 23, it states that this man was a fellow prisoner of Paul in Rome and yet he was passionate about these churches. He was in real pain for these churches. It says that he wrestled in prayer for them.

I would think that he prayed Ephesians 3:14-21 over them and spent many many hours, even sleepless nights bringing them before the throne of grace. Wow what an example, this is true prayer my brothers, he went through real agony on their behalf, such passion and fervour. Colossians 4:12.

Praying for our brothers and sisters, does not mean you say a few words like Bless that church or that person.. We have to agonise in prayer.. we want to be like Jesus in prayer.. let me ask you do you sweat drops of blood or stay up all night like Jesus did?.. I know Epaphras did.
Paul is in admiration of Epaphras, what a testimonial Paul gives Him in verse 13. If someone was watching you every day, what would they say of you? Actually the report given by Epaphras in Verse 8 of Chapter 1, enabled Paul to pray like he did in verses 9-14.
Thirdly
Why he did it
So why did Epaphras do it? He was locked up and he could of forget them completely, after all they were not his responsibility any more.
Firstly it was driven by love, he was a man of love. He totally loved these believers, that my friend was his motivation, it drove everything he did.
Secondly, he wanted them to fully know Christ in every way. He wanted this church to understand the power of God in their lives. He wanted this church to have the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives. He wanted them to be totally and utterly set apart for God.
My brothers, Epaphras is a model for us today, a man of prayer, a man of passion and a man of love.

I hope you are blessed as you read what the Lord has laid on my heart

We certainly need more like this man in the church today.. amen?

Are you willing to be an Epaphras?

God bless you

Keith

Featured Page Link

Guest page.. the very best christian articles.. that I can find. Please come back as these articles are changed every Tuesday

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 Jun 2010, 4:46 pm

I do hope you are blessed by what God has laid on my heart. As it is Simply Scripture.. I want you to stop right there and go and get your bible and also make yourself comfortable with a coffee and a cake.. just the one as well!!!.

Ok.. got them.. then let's continue

Please share this message with all your friends and contacts and please click on the featured page link at the bottom of the message

God bless you

Your friend

Keith

Bearing/Sharing Burdens

We are going to look at this important subject to the body of Christ.

Let me say that Jesus has borne every burden we ever had, the most important one being of sin. He dealt with this in his death and Resurrection. So we have the privilege of bearing our brethren's burdens and helping them to carry them.

The Call to Bear/share

Galatians 6

2Bear (endure, carry) one another's burdens and [a]troublesome moral faults, and in this way fulfill and observe perfectly the law of Christ (the Messiah) and complete [b]what is lacking [in your obedience to it].

The apostle Paul puts it plainly here, the command is quite simple. In doing this we are acting in obedience, we are doing what God wants us to do and that will surely please our Father, and after all, isn't that our aim.

The Reward

Mark 9

41 For I tell you truly, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to and bear the name of Christ will by no means fail to get his reward.

Have you ever thought your little act of kindness has gone unrewarded. No act, however small goes unrewarded by God, he sees everything, and will reward you and that's all you require

The Practise

Matthew 6

1 TAKE CARE not to do your good deeds publicly or before men, in order to be seen by them; otherwise you will have no reward [[a]reserved for and awaiting you] with and from your Father Who is in heaven.
2 Thus, whenever you give to the poor, do not blow a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites in the synagogues and in the streets like to do, that they may be [b]recognized and honored and praised by men. Truly I tell you, they have their reward [c]in full already.
3 But when you give to charity, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
4 So that your deeds of charity may be in secret; and your Father Who sees in secret will reward you openly.

God is interested in How you do things, your true heart motive. What motivates you to help people, is it to be recognised or win people applause?

The Penalty of Not sharing/ Bearing Acts 5:1-11

Please read this for yourself, this is not just what happened in the early church. We have the Same God now, he doesn't change, neither do his standards change.

Examples of Sharing

The Early Church Acts 2:44-45
Barnabas Acts 4:32-37
A church meeting a need and being rewarded for it Philippians 4:13-19

It was the practise of the early church and it should be ours

The Purpose

Shows our commitment to each other Romans 15:1-2

Shows our obedience to his direct command Romans 12:13

We are sowing seed 2 Corinthians 9:6-15 and Galatians 6:7-9

God has promised us blessing if we share Malachi 3

Shows our faith in action James 2:13-17

Allows God to reward us, by giving back to us 2 Corinthians 9:6-15

Shows our thankfulness to God 2 Corinthians 9:12

Allows God's servants to operate and the gospel to go forth 2 Corinthians 9:12

Glorifies God 1 Peter 2:12

The world is put to silence 1 Peter 2:15

A final question

Do you think you share with your brothers and sisters?

Do you think you bear their burdens?

In the wonderful book of 1 John in chapter 3, we have these words, with which we shall finish

16 By this we come to know (progressively to recognize, to perceive, to understand) the [essential] love: that He laid down His [own] life for us; and we ought to lay [our] lives down for [those who are our] brothers [[l]in Him].
17 But if anyone has this world's goods (resources for sustaining life) and sees his brother and [m]fellow believer in need, yet closes his heart of compassion against him, how can the love of God live and remain in him?
18L little children, let us not love [merely] in theory or in speech but in deed and in truth (in practise and in sincerity).
19 By this we shall come to know (perceive, recognize, and understand) that we are of the Truth, and can reassure (quiet, conciliate, and pacify) our hearts in His presence,

LET ME ASK YOU THESE QUESTIONS

Would you lay down your life for any of your brothers or sisters in Christ?

Have you had another believer come to you with a need and you have had the resources to help and you said ' I will pray for you'. That is sin and displeases God

Do all your actions show God's love?

Is your heart at peace because you know you have acted in love towards people?

And finally

Have you closed your heart and turned a blind eye to your brother in need, if you have how can God's love and remember God is love, live inside you?

This is the very essence of being a believer, remember what James said about pure religion.. it is not not worship or prayer... but
James 1:27
27External [a]religious worship [[b]religion as it is expressed in outward acts] that is pure and unblemished in the sight of God the Father is this: to visit and help and care for the orphans and widows in their affliction and need, and to keep oneself unspotted and uncontaminated from the world.

How many orphans and widows have you helped?

Searching questions.. what is your answer?

God Bless you

Keith

My Favourite Group are Mercy me.. they sing a song called The Generous Mr Lovewell.. about changing the world by the small things you do. Please listen to the words carefully.. are you a MR/MRS/ MISS LOVEWELL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm8o6IGruds&feature=related

Please click on the link below.. to see the page on the site focusing on China

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_17_China-Cry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 26 May 2010, 1:19 pm

What a joy it is to share from God's precious and Holy word once again.. to me the Bible is the greatest book ever written.. it is God's written gift to Men and women.. amen. Please share these devotions with your friends.. let us get the Word out into the world.. amen. Please click on the featured page link at the bottom of this e-mail.. thanks
God bless you
Keith

Noonday Devotion By Keith
Devotion 1

Exodus 16 (Amplified Bible)
7 And in the morning you shall see the glory of the Lord, for He hears your murmurings against the Lord. For what are we, that you murmur against us?

A familiar story of the children of Israel receiving the gracious provision of the Lord with manna. How often God blesses us with things that to be honest we don't really deserve.
Today I just want to focus on one particular phrase in verse 7.. 'for he hears your murmurings against the Lord'.

So often we are told that God hears our prayers and that is totally awesome. But also he hears our complaining and murmuring and He is not happy or amused.
Indeed it causes deep distress to his heart. It stops us getting to where we ought to be in our christian lives.
We go round and round the mountain instead of going direct to the promised land of blessing. It took the children of Israel 40 years to go less than 1000miles!!!
The children of Israel are a picture of the church today and also of the individual believer. Is your church a complaining church? Complaining that you don't have this or that.. look at what you have.. you have God on your side.. isn't that enough?
Are you in the promised land or are you still going round the mountain because you have a murmuring and complaining heart attitude towards the Lord?
Note in verse 7 that Moses said that the children of Israel were not complaining against him.. but complaining against the Lord.
We have some nerve to be honest my believing brothers and sisters.. who are we to complain about anything God does to us and for us. Let God be the Lord and let us be humble servants.. amen

Paul says this in Philippians 2
14 Do all things without grumbling and faultfinding and complaining [[l]against God] and [m]questioning and doubting [among yourselves]
My question is do we obey the command in this verse at all times?
How dare we complain about the one who the psalmist says 'daily loads us with benefits' and knows what is best for us.
To tell God that he is wrong.. when He has never ever made a mistake is something that should never come from a Christian's lips or be in his heart.. amen. It is an affront unto God.
God bless you
Keith

Devotion 2
Ephesians 5
16 Making the very most of the time [buying up each opportunity], because the days are evil. Amplified Bible
16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. KJV
To be honest I was going to write on another verse, but the Lord has laid this verse very deep on my heart.
To redeem means to buy back and this made me think of how we can redeem the time.
If we turn off the TV and spend that time seeking God in prayer and studying the Bible.. that is redeeming the time
If we spend our time whilst we are out walking.. praying and praising God and listening to messages or Christian music .. that is redeeming the time
You are using that time for another purpose, and the benefits of that will be seen in your christian life as you grow closer to Jesus. As the Amplified version says.. you are buying up each opportunity.. do you spend time in traffic jams?
Use that time to listen to christian music tapes and sermons .. edify your mind at all times and at every opportunity
When we are redeemed by God, we have our use changed from something that is unworthy and unholy to something that is worthy and holy.. because of what Jesus has done for us on the cross.
So it is when we redeem the time.. it's use is changed from doing things that please ourselves to things that please God.
I am not saying in all this, that we should not watch TV or go to sports events or whatever.
But every second is precious. I wonder how many hours Christians spend watching soap opera's every week. If that was cut back by 10%, and then that time spent instead in prayer and bible study. How much stronger would the church corporately and on an individual basis be?
Or how much time christians in the USA spend watching Oprah, Dr Phil or other must watch TV. I think the church in America needs to wake up.. as does the church in the UK etc etc.
It is time to get back down on our knees and repent.. do I hear an amen?
It is time to do what Job says in the second devotion by Spurgeon.. to be in close fellowship with the Father
Time is something we will never have again.. let us use every second to bring glory to God.
The things that you fill your mind with, will in the end define your christian walk. If you spend many hours in front of the TV, your life will be moulded by the world. If it is spent studying the word of God, it will be moulded by the word.
God bless you
Keith

Morning and Evening By CH Spurgeon
AM
"I pray not that thou shouldst take them out of the world." € ¦’¶ John 17:15

It is a sweet and blessed event which will occur to all believers in God's own time-the going home to be with Jesus. In a few more years the Lord's soldiers, who are now fighting "the good fight of faith" will have done with conflict, and have entered into the joy of their Lord. But although Christ prays that his people may eventually be with him where he is, he does not ask that they may be taken at once away from this world to heaven. He wishes them to stay here. Yet how frequently does the wearied pilgrim put up the prayer, "O that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away and be at rest;" but Christ does not pray like that, he leaves us in his Father's hands, until, like shocks of corn fully ripe, we shall each be gathered into our Master's garner. Jesus does not plead for our instant removal by death, for to abide in the flesh is needful for others if not profitable for ourselves. He asks that we may be kept from evil, but he never asks for us to be admitted to the inheritance in glory till we are of full age. Christians often want to die when they have any trouble. Ask them why, and they tell you, "Because we would be with the Lord." We fear it is not so much because they are longing to be with the Lord, as because they desire to get rid of their troubles; else they would feel the same wish to die at other times when not under the pressure of trial. They want to go home, not so much for the Saviour's company, as to be at rest. Now it is quite right to desire to depart if we can do it in the same spirit that Paul did, because to be with Christ is far better, but the wish to escape from trouble is a selfish one. Rather let your care and wish be to glorify God by your life here as long as he pleases, even though it be in the midst of toil, and conflict, and suffering, and leave him to say when "it is enough."
PM
"Acquaint now thyself with him." € ¦’¶ Job 22:21
If we would rightly "acquaint ourselves with God, and be at peace," we must know him as he has revealed himself, not only in the unity of his essence and subsistence, but also in the plurality of his persons. God said, "Let us make man in our own image"-let not man be content until he knows something of the "us" from whom his being was derived. Endeavour to know the Father; bury your head in his bosom in deep repentance, and confess that you are not worthy to be called his son; receive the kiss of his love; let the ring which is the token of his eternal faithfulness be on your finger; sit at his table and let your heart make merry in his grace. Then press forward and seek to know much of the Son of God who is the brightness of his Father's glory, and yet in unspeakable condescension of grace became man for our sakes; know him in the singular complexity of his nature: eternal God, and yet suffering, finite man; follow him as he walks the waters with the tread of deity, and as he sits upon the well in the weariness of humanity. Be not satisfied unless you know much of Jesus Christ as your Friend, your Brother, your Husband, your all. Forget not the Holy Spirit; endeavour to obtain a clear view of his nature and character, his attributes, and his works. Beholdfirst of all moved upon chaos, and brought forth order; who now visits the chaos of your soul, and creates the order of holiness. Behold him as the Lord and giver of spiritual life, the Illuminator, the Instructor, the Comforter, and the Sanctifier. Behold him as, like holy unction, he descends upon the head of Jesus, and then afterwards rests upon you who are as the skirts of his garments. Such an intelligent, scriptural, and experimental belief in the Trinity in Unity is yours if you truly know God; and such knowledge brings peace indeed.
Please view the featured page, which is the Guest Page. Every week, you will find the very best christian messages, poems etc on here. Please come back as this page is changed every week and also tell your friends

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 25 May 2010, 10:36 am

It is a great privilege to be able to share from God's word .May you be truly blessed as you read these devotions. Please share them with all your friends and click on the featured page link at the bottom of these devotions

Devotion 1
Romans 2:19-25
A few months ago, the Lord laid these verses on my heart and he has brought me back to them.
He has some hard questions for us all and the LORD asked me something that I wish to share with you
In verse 24 he says that his name is blasphemed because of the actions of those he is writing to. The Lord asked me and he asks you.
Do men and women, praise God or blaspheme God because of your life?
The greatest worry of the Apostle Paul, was that after he had preached to others, he might become a castaway 1 Cor 9:27. If it worried Him, surely it should worry us. Paul disciplined himself.. do we?
Verses 21-22 are very strong and are addressed to those of us who are privileged to share through preaching , teaching etc. Do our lives back up what we say?
Am I not doing the things I tell others to do?
Am I doing the things I tell others not to do?
Do I walk the Christian life every minute of every day?
We all need to ask ourselves these questions?
The more I write and share what God gives me, the more aware I am of my responsibility before God.
God has given me the most wonderful privilege of sharing the Precious and Holy word of God with you my dear friends all around the world.. I don't know who will be reading this and what needs you will have.. but the Holy Spirit does.. amen.
To all Pastors, teachers and people who share the word of God.. let us be truthful and consistent.. let us not say to people.. you shouldn't do that and then go and do that.... may our prayer be like Paul in
1 Corinthians 9
27But [like a boxer] I buffet my body [handle it roughly, discipline it by hardships] and subdue it, for fear that after proclaiming to others the Gospel and things pertaining to it, I myself should become unfit [not stand the test, be unapproved and rejected as a counterfeit] .
May our lives and ministry have the three strands of excellence, integrity and consistency running through them
God bless you
Keith

Devotion 2
1 Samuel 9
27 And as they were going down to the end of the city, Samuel said to Saul, Bid the servant pass on before us, (and he passed on), but stand thou still a while, that I may shew thee the word of God.
Chapters 8-10 are the story of the anointing of King Saul, and the Lord has laid this particular verse upon my heart.
Before Samuel anointed King Saul, he did one thing.
That was to tell Him to stand still so that he could show Him the word of God.
Before God places us into ministry, he will tell us to do this, because you cannot be in ministry, handling God''s word, before you know God's word and it's author intimately.
Moses before he was sent to Pharaoh, was trained on the backside of the desert, the Apostles spent 40 days being trained by Jesus after his Resurrection and Paul spent time training after his conversion.
Note that Samuel says stand still, we have to be still before God, so that he could train us. He also says that it will be for a while, God does take us aside for a time, until he feels that we know His word enough.
God's word is a double edged sword. Let me say this, you do not give a double edged sword to a child and neither does God give ministry of the word to people until they are fully mature in Christ.
Let me use a personal example, the Lord told me in 2003 that I would write devotions and articles, and so I started to write, but it was not until he trained me and through people he used to help me and studying his word, have I come to the level I am at now.. which is not all that high.. as I am still learning all the time
The Lord wants his children to stand still and know His word. Are you prepared to do this?
The Lord says to people wanting to do ministry of teaching and preaching etc, that they have to be like Mary in Luke 10:38-42 and spend much time at His feet and in his word. You need to sit at his feet before you can stand up and preach/teach to others.
Jesus spent 33 years on this earth, he spent the majority of these in a carpenter's shop and only 3 in public ministry. Let us learn from his example. God is the ultimate trainer.. he has the ultimate training tool.. the Word of God.. sit at his feet and let Him open the book of books to you.
God bless you
Keith

AM
"The people that do know their God shall be strong." - Daniel 11:32
Every believer understands that to know God is the highest and best form of knowledge; and this spiritual knowledge is a source of strength to the Christian. It strengthens his faith. Believers are constantly spoken of in the Scriptures as being persons who are enlightened and taught of the Lord; they are said to "have an unction from the Holy One," and it is the Spirit's peculiar office to lead them into all truth, and all this for the increase and the fostering of their faith. Knowledge strengthens love, as well as faith. Knowledge opens the door, and then through that door we see our Saviour. Or, to use another similitude, knowledge paints the portrait of Jesus, and when we see that portrait then we love him, we cannot love a Christ whom we do not know, at least, in some degree. If we know but little of the excellences of Jesus, what he has done for us, and what he is doing now, we cannot love him much; but the more we know him, the more we shall love him. Knowledge also strengthens hope. How can we hope for a thing if we do not know of its existence? Hope may be the telescope, but till we receive instruction, our ignorance stands in the front of the glass, and we can see nothing whatever; knowledge removes the interposing object, and when we look through the bright optic glass we discern the glory to be revealed, and anticipate it with joyous confidence. Knowledge supplies us reasons for patience. How shall we have patience unless we know something of the sympathy of Christ, and understand the good which is to come out of the correction which our heavenly Father sends us? Nor is there one single grace of the Christian which, under God, will not be fostered and brought to perfection by holy knowledge. How important, then, is it that we should grow not only in grace, but in the "knowledge" of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
PM
"Take up the cross, and follow me." - Mark 10:21
You have not the making of your own cross, although unbelief is a master carpenter at cross-making; neither are you permitted to choose your own cross, although self-will would fain be lord and master; but your cross is prepared and appointed for you by divine love, and you are cheerfully to accept it; you are to take up the cross as your chosen badge and burden, and not to stand cavilling at it. This night Jesus bids you submit your shoulder to his easy yoke. Do not kick at it in petulance, or trample on it in vain-glory, or fall under it in despair, or run away from it in fear, but take it up like a true follower of Jesus. Jesus was a cross-bearer; he leads the way in the path of sorrow. Surely you could not desire a better guide! And if he carried a cross, what nobler burden would you desire? The Via Crucis is the way of safety; fear not to tread its thorny paths.
Beloved, the cross is not made of feathers, or lined with velvet, it is heavy and galling to disobedient shoulders; but it is not an iron cross, though your fears have painted it with iron colours, it is a wooden cross, and a man can carry it, for the Man of sorrows tried the load. Take up your cross, and by the power of the Spirit of God you will soon be so in love with it, that like Moses, you would not exchange the reproach of Christ for all the treasures of Egypt. Remember that Jesus carried it, and it will smell sweetly; remember that it will soon be followed by the crown, and the thought of the coming weight of glory will greatly lighten the present heaviness of trouble. The Lord help you to bow your spirit in submission to the divine will ere you fall asleep this night, that waking with to-morrow's sun, you may go forth to the day's cross with the holy and submissive spirit which becomes a follower of the Crucified.

Please view the featured page, which is dedicated to our dear and brothers and sisters, that are suffering persecution at the present time. Please click on the links on this page to make yourself and your church aware of what is going on.
This page is changed every friday, so please come back to it often...
Thanks on behalf of the suffering saints of God
http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_14_Persecuted-Church
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 24 May 2010, 12:09 pm

It is an honour to share about this passage of scripture. This is my favourite passage of all in the bible.. here I have barely scratched the surface and I would invite you to go deeper not only with reading this passage but with God.

I hope you will be blessed and encouraged.

Before you start reading.. grab your bible and make yourself something to drink and go on then.. get a cake.. make mine a doughnut.. covered with maple syrup.

Please share these messages with all your friends and contacts and click on the featured page link at the bottom

Thanks

God bless you

Your friend

Keith

Philippians 3 (Amplified Bible)

7 But whatever former things I had that might have been gains to me, I have come to consider as [[a]one combined] loss for Christ's sake.

8 Yes, furthermore, I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. For His sake I have lost everything and consider it all to be mere rubbish (refuse, dregs), in order that I may win (gain) Christ (the Anointed One),

9 And that I may [actually] be found and known as in Him, not having any [self-achieved] righteousness that can be called my own, based on my obedience to the Law's demands (ritualistic uprightness and supposed right standing with God thus acquired), but possessing that [genuine righteousness] which comes through faith in Christ (the Anointed One), the [truly] right standing with God, which comes from God by [saving] faith.

10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[b]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]

11 That if possible I may attain to the [[c]spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body].

12 Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own.

13 I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,

14 I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.

15 So let those [of us] who are spiritually mature and full-grown have this mind and hold these convictions; and if in any respect you have a different attitude of mind, God will make that clear to you also.

16 Only let us hold true to what we have already attained and walk and order our lives by that.

I approach this passage knowing that whatever is written here by me, will only scratch the surface of this amazing passage.. indeed this is the situation with every word of the Scriptures, you can only scratch the surface a little bit.. AMEN

Knowing this, I just offer these few thoughts to encourage and strengthen you in your walk with God.

As I looked into this wonderful passage, the Lord laid 5 words on my heart

The first of these is:

INTENT

Paul sets out his stall so to speak, you are left in no doubt, what he is about and what he is going to do. He is unequivocal in what he is going to do, he is not caught between opinions.

Let's look at what he is going to do

He is going to give up those things that are of no use to Him. He regards these things as total rubbish. Let me ask you what do you do with things that are rubbish? You throw them out to be disposed of.. they are of no further use to you? Have you thrown out the things believer, that you have no further use for..., such as your old habits and attitudes which are hindering your walk with Christ? vs 7-8

He Gives up his own righteousness, if anyone was a pure Jew it was Paul. He was soaked in the law, he knew it back to front and lived life in observance of the law.

Look at the first few verses of this chapter as Paul outlined his heritage. Paul was prepared to give it all up, whatever was in his past life, he gave up

Verse 9. Being a christian is a relationship.. NOT A religion. Get rid believer of all the old rules and regulations that stop you from knowing God in all his fullness

He intended to forget everything what had happened in the past, he knew that to look back to what had happened was no good. yes we can reflect and learn from our past, but here Paul is saying, that he will not dwell on his past. vs 13

He intends to press on to obtain what God has called Him to.. note Paul says God is calling us upward verse 14. Yes God is calling us to heaven one day, but also God is calling us to a closer and deeper walk with Him

What are you intending to do believer?. Are you intentions clear?

Are you prepared to give up things that are hindering your walk with your Lord?
Are you prepared to give up that sin or habit that hinders God blessing you?
Are you intending to know Christ in a deeper and fuller way... if so why not?
God wants you to make your intentions clear.. it is time to make your choice

INTENSITY

As you read this passage and also the writings of Paul, as he was inspired by the HOLY SPIRIT, you cannot fail to be touched by His complete intensity. His passion for Christ is just so incredible. Look at some of things he says in this passage:

Verse 8 stands out:

8 Yes, furthermore, I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. For His sake I have lost everything and consider it all to be mere rubbish (refuse, dregs), in order that I may win (gain) Christ (the Anointed One)

Paul says that knowing Jesus is overwhelming precious, that it surpasses all worth and is of supreme advantage. What a total intensity Paul describes, Jesus is above worth to Him.

Is Jesus above worth to you?

Is knowing HIM the greatest privilege in your life?

If he isn't then you need to ask if your faith is real?

INTIMACY

10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[b]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]

Complete and total intimacy with Christ is the total desire of Paul and he will let nothing get in his way.

Note that this is a progressive thing, this is not a once for all experience. You grow into a relationship with Christ. In verse 10, Paul wants to know Christ Jesus and the wonders of His person more and more strongly and this means sacrifice on his part.

Do you know Jesus in a deeper and fuller way than you did, one year ago?. Not do you know More of the bible or church procedure? Do you know Jesus more deeply and know his touch upon your life?

IDENTIFICATION

VERSE 10 (King James)

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

The Resurrection of Jesus was the most dynamic event of History, the awesome power of God was shown to the world. Paul wants to know the same power in his life that exploded within the tomb on that resurrection morning. He wants to know the full power of God that was unleashed.. do you want to know the same power unleashed within your life?

He also wanted to know the fellowship of his sufferings, Paul wanted to be Identified with the sufferings and death of the Lord Jesus. It must be the heart cry of every believer, to not only Know Christ, but to go through what Jesus went through. How can we do this?

We have to literally die to self and sin through putting God on the throne of our life and crucifying sin and their selfish lusts daily.

Galatians 2 (Amplified Bible)

20 I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Galatians 5 (Amplified Bible)

16But I say, walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh (of human nature without God).

By Dyeing to self and sin, we are literally putting our own life on our personal cross, we are dealing with the flesh in a way that will truly destroy it, but his is daily and ongoing process.

Inspiration

12 Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own.

13 I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,

14I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.

15 So let those [of us] who are spiritually mature and full-grown have this mind and hold these convictions; and if in any respect you have a different attitude of mind, God will make that clear to you also.

16 Only let us hold true to what we have already attained and walk and order our lives by that.

Well surely this life that Paul describes is for super saints, like Paul?

But in these last few verses, Paul although having stated his intentions, give us real inspiration.

He says in these verses that he hasn't reached this target. Now if Paul hadn't reached this level, then I don't think we have.. AMEN.

This gives me real hope, Paul the man who was a giant in faith, is still striving to reach this goal. This to me is a complete inspiration, it motivates me and I like Paul, want to PRESS ON

In verse 15, Paul says that those of the church, who have a different approach, will be corrected by God himself.

In Closing my brothers and sisters, the higher we climb in our christian walk, the less of self and sin there must be.

Are you prepared to live at high altitude and to Know Christ above everything else, like Paul was?

OH TO KNOW CHRIST IN THIS WAY.. ARE THESE VERSES THE DEEPEST CRY OF YOUR HEART?

What a passage this is..AMEN

GOD BLESS YOU

Keith

Please read the featured page on the site, which is Complete in Christ. On here , there are confessions of faith, to use in spiritual warfare, there is a love letter from your heavenly Father to you and one from the Lord to Ladies.

Please click the link below

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_8_Complete-in-Christ
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 13 May 2010, 12:48 pm

It is a great privilege to share with you again. Please share these devotions with your friends and please click the featured page link at the bottom of these devotions

Devotion 1

Deuteronomy 8 (Amplified Bible)

17 And beware lest you say in your [mind and] heart, My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.

18 But you shall [earnestly] remember the Lord your God, for it is He Who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.

Here is a warning for all believers

Whatever wealth and possessions we have comes from God

Whatever ministry we have comes from God

God gives .. but he surely can take away.

Let us be mindful that we never become complacent of what great gifts the Lord has given us

Let us remember as the children of Israel had to, that it is the Lord who gives us the power to get things.

Without Him, we are nothing.

The days we live in are dangerous, filled with men being full of pride about their possessions. Let us never get dragged into that attitude of heart that says all things come from our own efforts, these things come from God who blesses us beyond measure

Have you remembered to thank God for what he has given you?

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

Nehemiah 4

10 And [the leaders of] Judah said, The strength of the burden bearers is weakening, and there is much rubbish; we are not able to work on the wall.

11 And our enemies said, They will not know or see till we come into their midst and kill them and stop the work.

Have you personally or has your church become discouraged in your wall building?

Has the work become too much for you, like it had for the people in Nehemiah's time verse 10?

Has the enemy sought to put a block on your work verse 11?

The Lord would have you know that you will accomplish what he has given you to do because, he is the true master builder and he will not only give you the tools to do the work, he will give the strength to complete it.

All around you, there may be problems, there may be sneering crowds.. but remember God is on your side.

Just remember Noah.

Whilst he was building the ark, he was jeered and told he was crazy.. but he kept on building. The world was getting more and more evil by the day, but he kept on and he finished the work God gave Him to do

So if you are having trouble building your wall.. keep on building.. don't give up

If there is much rubbish there..

If the strength of you burden bearers is weakening

If the world is laughing

Always remember God is on your side and that is all that counts.. amen

God bless you

Keith

AM

"He shall stand and feed in the strength of the Lord." € ¦’¶ Micah 5:4
Christ's reign in his Church is that of a shepherd-king. He has supremacy, but it is the superiority of a wise and tender shepherd over his needy and loving flock; he commands and receives obedience, but it is the willing obedience of the well-cared-for sheep, rendered joyfully to their beloved Shepherd, whose voice they know so well. He rules by the force of love and the energy of goodness.
His reign is practical in its character. It is said, "He shall stand and feed." The great Head of the Church is actively engaged in providing for his people. He does not sit down upon the throne in empty state, or hold a sceptre without wielding it in government. No, he stands and feeds. The expression "feed," in the original, is like an analogous one in the Greek, which means to shepherdize, to do everything expected of a shepherd: to guide, to watch, to preserve, to restore, to tend, as well as to feed.
His reign is continual in its duration. It is said, "He shall stand and feed"; not "He shall feed now and then, and leave his position"; not, "He shall one day grant a revival, and then next day leave his Church to barrenness." His eyes never slumber, and his hands never rest; his heart never ceases to beat with love, and his shoulders are never weary of carrying his people's burdens.
His reign is effectually powerful in its action; "He shall feed in the strength of Jehovah." Wherever Christ is, there is God; and whatever Christ does is the act of the Most High. Oh! it is a joyful truth to consider that he who stands to-day representing the interests of his people is very God of very God, to whom every knee shall bow. Happy are we who belong to such a shepherd, whose humanity communes with us, and whose divinity protects us. Let us worship and bow down before him as the people of his pasture.
PM
"In my flesh shall I see God." € ¦’¶ Job 19:26
Mark the subject of Job's devout anticipation "I shall see God." He does not say, "I shall see the saints"-though doubtless that will be untold felicity-but, "I shall see God." It is not-"I shall see the pearly gates, I shall behold the walls of jasper, I shall gaze upon the crowns of gold," but "I shall see God." This is the sum and substance of heaven, this is the joyful hope of all believers. It is their delight to see him now in the ordinances by faith. They love to behold him in communion and in prayer; but there in heaven they shall have an open and unclouded vision, and thus seeing "him as he is," shall be made completely like him. Likeness to God-what can we wish for more? And a sight of God-what can we desire better? Some read the passage, "Yet, I shall see God in my flesh," and find here an allusion to Christ, as the "Word made flesh," and that glorious beholding of him which shall be the splendour of the latter days. Whether so or not it is certain that Christ shall be the object of our eternal vision; nor shall we ever want any joy beyond that of seeing him. Think not that this will be a narrow sphere for the mind to dwell in. It is but one source of delight, but that source is infinite. All his attributes shall be subjects for contemplation, and as he is infinite under each aspect, there is no fear of exhaustion. His works, his gifts, his love to us, and his glory in all his purposes, and in all his actions, these shall make a theme which will be ever new. The patriarch looked forward to this sight of God as a personal enjoyment. "Whom mine eye shall behold, and not another." Take realizing views of heaven's bliss; think what it will be to you. "Thine eyes shall see the King in his beauty." All earthly brightness fades and darkens as we gaze upon it, but here is a brightness which can never dim, a glory which can never fade-"I shall see God."

Please take time to view the Guest page.. this page is packed full of articles that will build your faith. It is changed every week so please come back often and tell your friends
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 11 May 2010, 10:15 am

Here we are again.. ready to share in what God shows us in his Wonderful Word. Please click on the link at the end of this e-mail.. you will be blessed if you do. Also please pass these messages onto all your friends.. let's get the word out into the world

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 1

Mar 14:29 Peter blurted out, "Even if everyone else is ashamed of you when things fail to pieces, I won't be,"
Mar 14:30 Jesus said, "Don't be so sure. Today, this very night in fact, before the rooster crows twice, you will deny me three times."

Mar 14:31 He blustered in protest, "Even if I have to die with you, I will never deny you." All the others said the same thing.

Mar 14:72 Just then the rooster crowed a second time. Peter remembered how Jesus had said, "Before a rooster crows twice, you'll deny me three times." He collapsed in tears,

We laugh at big bumbling Peter, so often he did the wrong thing, so often he said the wrong thing, but if we are honest, we are more like him than we think.
How often do we blurt out words like Peter did. I will never forsake you. I will serve you for the rest of my days? These things are so easy to say, but so hard to carry out, let's realize that when we sing hymns of commitment in church,that God is watching and listening and that he knows the true intents of your heart and mine, scary thought isn't it, you can fool everyone,..............But God!.
Denying Jesus is not only outright denial. It is every time, we have an opportunity to witness for him and don't share with that person, every time we close our mouths when they should be openly telling of our Lord. I have lost count of the number of times that I have not spoken up for my Lord. Let's never miss an opportunity to speak up for Jesus. After all he cant speak for himself, so it's up to us, his mouthpieces.
Remember everyone, that there is hope. It was Peter who stood up on the day of Pentecost, the same Peter, because of two things, he had a true repentant heart, but also he was forgiven and was restored by the Lord. Repentance for your sin leads to restoration, look at the example of David in Psalm 51

Also he had the power and anointing of the Precious Holy Spirit on his life.. as we do. It is not, a lesser Holy Spirit that it was on the Day of Pentecost. The power and presence of the Holy Spirit, is still the same today.. amen

The Lord is gracious towards us, despite our failures, he loves us, adores us and cares for us, and we are to be about his business, we are here to please him, not to enjoy ourselves, but to serve Him.
God is pleased to use us, despite our limitations, because when we are weak.. HE is Strong.. AMEN

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

Romans 8

9 But you are not living the life of the flesh, you are living the life of the Spirit, if the [Holy] Spirit of God [really] dwells within you [directs and controls you]. But if anyone does not possess the [Holy] Spirit of Christ, he is none of His [he does not belong to Christ, is not truly a child of God

We are living life in the Spirit my fellow brothers and sisters, this is awesome. We have the very power and presence of God indwelling us.

This means that our actions, thought, attitudes and reactions are to be given over to the control of the HOLY SPIRIT, we are no longer in the driver's seat, it is the Spirit of truth, that sits there and is driving us.

If the Spirit of truth is not living inside of us, we will see the outward manifestation of this, as it says in Galatians 5

16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these
are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Let us today and always be led by the Spirit of God, that is how we know we are his, because his sheep follow his voice and a voice of a stranger they will not hear. John chapter 10.

Who is leading you today.. the Spirit of God or your flesh?

God bless you

Keith

AM

"For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh." € ¦’¶ Galatians 5:17
In every believer's heart there is a constant struggle between the old nature and the new. The old nature is very active, and loses no opportunity of plying all the weapons of its deadly armoury against newborn grace; while on the other hand, the new nature is ever on the watch to resist and destroy its enemy. Grace within us will employ prayer, and faith, and hope, and love, to cast out the evil; it takes unto it the "whole armour of God," and wrestles earnestly. These two opposing natures will never cease to struggle so long as we are in this world. The battle of "Christian" with "Apollyon" lasted three hours, but the battle of Christian with himself lasted all the way from the Wicket Gate in the river Jordan. The enemy is so securely entrenched within us that he can never be driven out while we are in this body: but although we are closely beset, and often in sore conflict, we have an Almighty helper, even Jesus, the Captain of our salvation, who is ever with us, and who assures us that we shall eventually come off more than conquerors through him. With such assistance the new-born nature is more than a match for its foes. Are you fighting with the adversary to-day? Are Satan, the world, and the flesh, all against you? Be not discouraged nor dismayed. Fight on! For God himself is with you; Jehovah Nissi is your banner, and Jehovah Rophi is the healer of your wounds. Fear not, you shall overcome, for who can defeat Omnipotence? Fight on, "looking unto Jesus"; and though long and stern be the conflict, sweet will be the victory, and glorious the promised reward.
"From strength to strength go on;
Wrestle, and fight, and pray,
Tread all the powers of darkness down,
And win the well-fought day."
PM

"He that loveth not knoweth not God." € ¦’¶ I John 4:8
The distinguishing mark of a Christian is his confidence in the love of Christ, and the yielding of his affections to Christ in return. First, faith sets her seal upon the man by enabling the soul to say with the apostle, "Christ loved me and gave himself for me." Then love gives the countersign, and stamps upon the heart gratitude and love to Jesus in return. "We love him because he first loved us." In those grand old ages, which are the heroic period of the Christian religion, this double mark was clearly to be seen in all believers in Jesus; they were men who knew the love of Christ, and rested upon it as a man leaneth upon a staff whose trustiness he has tried. The love which they felt towards the Lord was not a quiet emotion which they hid within themselves in the secret chamber of their souls, and which they only spake of in their private assemblies when they met on the first day of the week, and sang hymns in honour of Christ Jesus the crucified, but it was a passion with them of such a vehement and all-consuming energy, that it was visible in all their actions, spoke in their common talk, and looked out of their eyes even in their commonest glances. Love to Jesus was a flame which fed upon the core and heart of their being; and, therefore, from its own force burned its way into the outer man, and shone there. Zeal for the glory of King Jesus was the seal and mark of all genuine Christians. Because of their dependence upon Christ's love they dared much, and because of their love to Christ they did much, and it is the same now. The children of God are ruled in their inmost powers by love-the love of Christ constraineth them; they rejoice that divine love is set upon them, they feel it shed abroad in their hearts by the Holy Ghost, which is given unto them, and then by force of gratitude they love the Saviour with a pure heart, fervently. My reader, do you love him? Ere you sleep give an honest answer to a weighty question!

Please view the Guest page on the site. On here there are articles, poems etc to stir your faith. Please come back often as this page changes each week

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 02 May 2010, 5:14 pm

What a joy it is to share with you again.. please make yourself something to drink and get yourself a cake if you must!!!!!.

Grab your bible and let's study this wonderful psalm

God bless you

Keith

Psalm 1

1[a]BLESSED (HAPPY, fortunate, prosperous, and enviable) is the man who walks and lives not in the counsel of the ungodly [following their advice, their plans and purposes], nor stands [submissive and inactive] in the path where sinners walk, nor sits down [to relax and rest] where the scornful [and the mockers] gather.

2But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night.(A)

3And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity].(B)

4Not so the wicked [those disobedient and living without God are not so]. But they are like the chaff [worthless, dead, without substance] which the wind drives away.

5Therefore the wicked [those disobedient and living without God] shall not stand [justified] in the judgment, nor [b]sinners in the congregation of the righteous [those who are upright and in right standing with God].

6For the Lord knows and is fully acquainted with the way of the righteous, but the way of the ungodly [those living outside God's will] shall perish (end in ruin and come to nought).

The First Psalm is such a wonderful one and I just wish to share some things about it.

Here is the way temptation can strike, it start off slowly, but as we see in these verses it can spiral out of control and then we fall into Sin.

Walking- C/f Proverbs 1:15
Note here that it is not the actual walking, that is wrong, it is who we walk with and what we listen to, we need to be very careful what we fill our minds with and who we have as our friends. We are to be in the world, but not of it John 17:7-17. We must feed our minds with the right type of food to keep it healthy Philippians 4:7-8

Standing

Once the thought of doing wrong is placed in our mind, we cannot give it any authority, as Paul said in 2 Cor 10:4-5, we must take it into captivity or basically it will take us into captivity. Once we start to stop and ponder it, it will take control. How often Do We (I), look longingly at some temptation, we must realize that the result of giving in to it, leads to death, in a spiritual sense Romans 6:23

Sitting

Please note the lessening of activity here, when we are walking we are actually doing something, but then we become dormant. Sometimes we are sat there enjoying this or that particular pleasure which we indeed know is wrong, but somehow the devil has convinced us to just try it, it's ok, it's only a little sin, all sin is an affront to God and must be looked upon as he looks at it, with righteous anger.
In verses 2-3, we are given the answer. And that answer is to fill ourselves with God's word. Not just to read it, but to meditate on it, and to do this on a continuous and regular basis, remember that these writers did not have the NT to read, they had just the law of the Lord, but it was so refreshing to them.

That means they were refreshed by reading the books of the Law, like Chronicles and even Leviticus .. Do you find the word of God lifeless or life giving?
In Verse 3, the man who does this is compared to a tree. Can I ask you a question?.

Have you ever tried to move an oak tree, that is many years old? It is unmovable, the roots of that tree go down deep. Indeed we are like trees and we are fed by the Living waters of God, which is in Christ Jesus and his word.

This is why we are told to be steadfast unmovable always abounding in the work of the Lord 1 Corinthians 15:58 . How rooted and grounded are you in the word of God? Are you still taking it in milk form 1 Peter 2:2 or in meat form Hebrews 5:11-14 and 1 Corinthians 3:1-3

In the New Testament, Paul says that we must feed on THE WORD, in verses such as Colossians 3:16, and also we must never fear temptation as Jesus has overcome the world and the devil Hebrews 2:14-18 & 1 Corinthians 10:13

Jesus has defeated the devil through his word. Matthew 4:1-12 and made a mockery of all his power Colossians 2:11-15, he has given us the same authority, let's use it and go forward to victory

Verses 4-6 show what happens to those , who choose to disobey God. The Apostle Paul says in Romans 6:23:

23For the wages which sin pays is death, but the [bountiful] free gift of God is eternal life through (in union with) Jesus Christ our Lord.

God knows the way of the righteous and he sees everything that happens to them.

Verse 6 for the believer, is wonderful. Your Father sees everything that has been said about you, any actions that people take against you, have been seen by your heavenly Father and he takes note of all these actions and He will reward or punish the people responsible.

You may look believer at people who are doing well, because they are exploiting others and doing evil things.

Nothing is unseen believer... no one does anything in secret.. all things will be exposed on judgement day. The Lord looks on these people and considers them chaff.. that the wind blows away.

God bless you

Keith

Please read the page on the site Called Salvation Focus, it will bless you and please share it with all your friends

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_2_-Salvation-Focus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 Apr 2010, 12:04 pm

Devotion 1
Joshua 21
Jos 21:43 And so GOD gave Israel the entire land that he had solemnly vowed to give to their ancestors. They took possession of it and made themselves at home in it.
Jos 21:44 And GOD gave them rest on all sides, as he had also solemnly vowed to their ancestors. Not a single one of their enemies was able to stand up to them--GOD handed over all their enemies to them.
Jos 21:45 Not one word failed from all the good words GOD spoke to the house of Israel. Everything came out right.
The Children of Israel had taken forty years to reach the promised land, they had been through times where they must of thought that the promises that God made to their forefathers would not come through.
We sometimes wonder the same thing and, say when God when. But we serve a faithful God, who when he says that he will do something, he does it. Be reassured my friend, he is faithful.
God works on his timescales and not ours and His timescales are perfect. When HE gives us something, it will always be at the right time.. not at our time
Note what verse 45 says.. every word that God spake.. every promise He ever made to the children of Israel, came true. In spite of the disobedience and unfaithfulness of the Israelites, God remained true and Faithful. Despite our unfaithfulness and disobedience, God remains faithful to us.. amen
Look at verse 44, not one of their enemies were able to stand up to them, it is the same for us. If we live in the power of the Spirit, not one of our enemies can stand, because we go against them in the power of the Lord. Just like David did with Goliath 1 Samuel 17
God bless you
Keith

Devotion 2

Daniel 3
Dan 3:16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego answered King Nebuchadnezzar, "Your threat means nothing to us".
Dan 3:17 If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king.
Dan 3:18 But even if he doesn't, it wouldn't make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn't serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up."
Now here is an attitude I want to have? They didn't care if the king was going to put them in the fire, they had supreme confidence and total and utter trust that their God, was going to protect them.
They would not compromise their beliefs, their stand for God, and God rewarded them. When they came out of the furnace, they came out better than they went in. How often , when we are going through hard times, and we are in a furnace like situation, do we complain? But if you trust completely and have the same attitude as these three guys, then you will come out smelling sweeter and feeling stronger
Persecution and Hardship refines the believer and leaves us stronger and also we are able to do more things for God. Hebrews chapter 12
What a response this was, their dependence was upon God, what we see here is faith in it's purest form.
They couldn't see the salvation of God.. but they believed that they were under God's protection. See Hebrews 11:1 and 6
God bless you
Keith

AM

"He arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights." – I Kings 19:8
All the strength supplied to us by our gracious God is meant for service, not for wantonness or boasting. When the prophet Elijah found the cake baked on the coals, and the cruse of water placed at his head, as he lay under the juniper tree, he was no gentleman to be gratified with dainty fare that he might stretch himself at his ease; far otherwise, he was commissioned to go forty days and forty nights in the strength of it, journeying towards Horeb, the mount of God. When the Master invited the disciples to "Come and dine" with him, after the feast was concluded he said to Peter, "Feed my sheep"; further adding, "Follow me." Even thus it is with us; we eat the bread of heaven, that we may expend our strength in the Master's service. We come to the passover, and eat of the paschal lamb with loins girt, and staff in hand, so as to start off at once when we have satisfied our hunger. Some Christians are for living on Christ, but are not so anxious to live for Christ. Earth should be a preparation for heaven; and heaven is the place where saints feast most and work most. They sit down at the table of our Lord, and they serve him day and night in his temple. They eat of heavenly food and render perfect service. Believer, in the strength you daily gain from Christ labour for him. Some of us have yet to learn much concerning the design of our Lord in giving us his grace. We are not to retain the precious grains of truth as the Egyptian mummy held the wheat for ages, without giving it an opportunity to grow: we must sow it and water it. Why does the Lord send down the rain upon the thirsty earth, and give the genial sunshine? Is it not that these may all help the fruits of the earth to yield food for man? Even so the Lord feeds and refreshes our souls that we may afterwards use our renewed strength in the promotion of his glory.
PM
"Girt about the paps with a golden girdle." – Revelations 1:13
"One like unto the Son of Man" appeared to John in Patmos, and the beloved disciple marked that he wore a girdle of gold. A girdle, for Jesus never was ungirt while upon earth, but stood always ready for service, and now before the eternal throne he stays not is holy ministry, but as a priest is girt about with "the curious girdle of the ephod." Well it is for us that he has not ceased to fulfil his offices of love for us, since this is one of our choicest safeguards that he ever liveth to make intercession for us. Jesus is never an idler; his garments are never loose as though his offices were ended; he diligently carries on the cause of his people. A golden girdle, to manifest the superiority of his service, the royalty of his person, the dignity of his state, the glory of his reward. No longer does he cry out of the dust, but he pleads with authority, a King as well as a Priest. Safe enough is our cause in the hands of our enthroned Melchizedek.
Our Lord presents all his people with an example. We must never unbind our girdles. This is not the time for lying down at ease, it is the season of service and warfare. We need to bind the girdle of truth more and more tightly around our loins. It is a golden girdle, and so will be our richest ornament, and we greatly need it, for a heart that is not well braced up with the truth as it is in Jesus, and with the fidelity which is wrought of the Spirit, will be easily entangled with the things of this life, and tripped up by the snares of temptation. It is in vain that we possess the Scriptures unless we bind them around us like a girdle, surrounding our entire nature, keeping each part of our character in order, and giving compactness to our whole man. If in heaven Jesus unbinds not the girdle, much less may we upon earth. Stand, therefore, having your loins girt about with truth.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 26 Apr 2010, 12:51 pm

What an amazing joy and privilege to once again share with you from God's precious Word. Please pass on these devotions to all your friends and groups... let's get the word out into the world

Please read the page on the site called Jesus is Alive. Please click link below

God Bless you all

Keith

Devotion 1

Matthew 20

29And as they were going out of Jericho, a great throng accompanied Him.

30And behold, two blind men were sitting by the roadside, and when they heard that Jesus was passing by, they cried out, Lord, have pity and mercy on us, [You] Son of David!

31The crowds reproved them and told them to keep still; but they cried out all the more, Lord, have pity and mercy on us, [You] Son of David!

32And Jesus stopped and called them, and asked, What do you want Me to do for you?

33They answered Him, Lord, we want our eyes to be opened!

34And Jesus, in pity, touched their eyes; and instantly they received their sight and followed Him.

What a day that must have been!. These men sat day after day on the side of the road and they heard that on this day, that Jesus was passing by. Note that he was passing by , but not passing them by. We are often in peoples lives for a short time, but it is not the length of time we spend in other peoples lives, but it is the effect that we have on them that matters.

Jesus was in a great throng of people.. just like we are today, but his ears and heart was sensitive to the cry of these two men, we need to be sensitive to the cries of hurting people in today's world. We live in a hustle bustling world, but we need to pray that our hearts and ears and tuned to the cries of the needy and hurting.. amen

When people in need cry out to us, we have to be sensitive to their cry. Men and women today are crying out to us , for an answer to heal their lives. We have that answer in Jesus, let us be quick to respond and to hear their cry as Jesus did.

We need to scratch below the surface of people's lives. If you have ever seen an iceberg, only 10-20% is visible.. the rest is beneath the surface.

Jesus asked the men a question in verse 32.. what do you want ME to do for you?. He asks the same question of you today.

What is your answer?

The answer the men gave is the one and only true answer.. to have their eyes opened to the truth.. to see spiritually and to encounter God

If you wish to encounter God and to have your eyes opened, please say this prayer:

Father God. I have sinned and broken your commandments and I come to you asking for forgiveness, admitting I am a sinner and believing that Jesus died for me on the cross. I ask that the blood of Jesus cleanses me from all my sin and that JESUS comes to take over my life and I promise to follow and serve you for the rest of my life

In Jesus name

Amen

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

PSALM 149

6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand

This is awesome, this is a psalm that is overlooked, but it is full of amazing things.

Like this for example, we ask how are we to defeat the enemy? The answer is clear, by having the praises of the Lord coming out of our mouths; high praises, they are to be loud and exultant, shouting for joy in our Lord.

The devil is defeated when we are praising God with our mouths... you see when praise is continually coming out of our mouths.. there is no room for anything else.. amen. There is no room for gossip or backbiting or strife. That is why a praising christian is a great tool in the hands of the HOLY SPIRIT Psalm 34: and 1 Thess 5:16-20

Then we are to have in our hands the sword of the Spirit, the Word of the Living God Hebrews 4:12 and Ephesians 6:17.

The sword of the Spirit, the word of God, has never lost a fight it has been in, it is the same one that Jesus used to defeat the devil, the same one that Elijah used against the prophets of Baal, and that David used against Goliath. Did it fail them? No it didn't, and it wont fail us either.

Let's be armed with praise in our mouth for what God has done for us and the sword of the Spirit of God in our hands, because with these things nothing but nothing can stand against us.

Amen

God bless you

Keith

AM

"A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me." € ¦’¶ Song of Solomon 1:13

Myrrh may well be chosen as the type of Jesus on account of its preciousness, its perfume, its pleasantness, its healing, preserving, disinfecting qualities, and its connection with sacrifice. But why is he compared to "a bundle of myrrh"? First, for plenty. He is not a drop of it, he is a casket full. He is not a sprig or flower of it, but a whole bundle. There is enough in Christ for all my necessities; let me not be slow to avail myself of him. Our well-beloved is compared to a "bundle" again, for variety: for there is in Christ not only the one thing needful, but in "him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily," everything needful is in him. Take Jesus in his different characters, and you will see a marvellous variety-Prophet, Priest, King, Husband, Friend, Shepherd. Consider him in his life, death, resurrection, ascension, second advent; view him in his virtue, gentleness, courage, self-denial, love, faithfulness, truth, righteousness-everywhere he is a bundle of preciousness. He is a "bundle of myrrh" for preservation-not loose myrrh to be dropped on the floor or trodden on, but myrrh tied up, myrrh to be stored in a casket. We must value him as our best treasure; we must prize his words and his ordinances; and we must keep our thoughts of him and knowledge of him as under lock and key, lest the devil should steal anything from us. Moreover, Jesus is a "bundle of myrrh" for speciality. The emblem suggests the idea of distinguishing, discriminating grace. From before the foundation of the world, he was set apart for his people; and he gives forth his perfume only to those who understand how to enter into communion with him, to have close dealings with him. Oh! blessed people whom the Lord hath admitted into his secrets, and for whom he sets himself apart. Oh! choice and happy who are thus made to say, "A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me."

PM

"And he shall put his hand upon the head of the burnt- offering; and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him." € ¦’¶ Leviticus 1:14
Our Lord's being made "sin for us" is set forth here by the very significant transfer of sin to the bullock, which was made by the elders of the people. The laying of the hand was not a mere touch of contact, for in some other places of Scripture the original word has the meaning of leaning heavily, as in the expression, "thy wrath lieth hard upon me" (Psalm 88:7). Surely this is the very essence and nature of faith, which doth not only bring us into contact with the great Substitute, but teaches us to lean upon him with all the burden of our guilt. Jehovah made to meet upon the head of the Substitute all the offences of his covenant people, but each one of the chosen is brought personally to ratify this solemn covenant act, when by grace he is enabled by faith to lay his hand upon the head of the "Lamb slain from before the foundation of the world." Believer, do you remember that rapturous day when you first realized pardon through Jesus the sin-bearer? Can you not make glad confession, and join with the writer in saying, "My soul recalls her day of deliverance with delight. Laden with guilt and full of fears, I saw my Saviour as my Substitute, and I laid my hand upon him; oh! how timidly at first, but courage grew and confidence was confirmed until I leaned my soul entirely upon him; and now it is my unceasing joy to know that my sins are no longer imputed to me, but laid on him, and like the debts of the wounded traveller, Jesus, like the good Samaritan, has said of all my future sinfulness, `Set that to my account.'" Blessed discovery! Eternal solace of a grateful heart!

"My numerous sins transferr'd to him,
Shall never more be found,
Lost in his blood's atoning stream,
Where every crime is drown'd!"

Dear Friend

Your eternal destiny rests on whether, the above words are true personally for you. Don't put off trusting Christ and only him for salvation Acts 4:12

Keith
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 24 Apr 2010, 12:02 pm

All References are from the King James version unless stated otherwise

A Christian Is
Is a mind through which Christ Thinks
Is a heart through which Christ Lives
Is a voice through which Christ Speaks
Is a hand through which Christ helps

Thanks to Linda for allowing me to share this

Devotion 1

Psalm 24

3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?

4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

What a question this is for us as believers verse 3. Who indeed?

God is God of the whole person and so we must love Him with all of all heart, soul and strength. Here we have the four areas of our lives that we must have right to stand before God.

Our hands

This relates to our actions. Is everything we do to God's standards?. Is the way we treat people up to God's standard?

Actions speak louder than words they say, Jesus says by their fruits ye will know them. Can people tell you are a Christian just by the way you act and in your dealings with those around you?

Our heart

Is my/your heart right before the Lord? Proverbs 23:7 is a relevant verse here:

7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee

The condition of your heart defines your entire life. How is your heart condition believer?. Solomon gave this wise advice in Proverbs 4:23

23 Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life.

Are you keeping guard to what is going into your thoughts or have you let your guard down believer?. To Guard here means to set a guard and to be constantly aware of it's needs to be refreshed.

If you set a physical guard over your house and then never feed him/her, they would become weary and the strongman would break in, so it is with our spiritual life. So we don't become weary, we must feed on the spiritual food God has given us in his Word.

Our Mind

Have you lifted up your soul unto vanity or even become proud. One of the seven things that God hates is a proud look.

Humble yourself believer under the mighty hand of God and he will lift you up. One of the best ways to avoid pride is to know how Great and wonderful God is, when we see Him as awesome in majesty as he is, we soon lose our sense of our own importance.

Another way is to have a reverential fear of God. God is our friend of course, but he is Holy and must be treated as such

Proverbs 1

7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Our Mouths

Have we spoken things we shouldn't? James Chapter 3 has a lot to say about the tongue as does Proverbs, blessing and cursing should not be coming out of the same mouth. In Ephesians 4:29-32, it is made clear that this grieves the Holy Spirit.

Believer if you are in sin in any one of these areas, you can not stand before God and serve Him and receive his blessing.

But you can if you come in repentance to the foot of the cross and repent and turn from your sin and then God promises to bless you

Thank God we can ask for forgiveness and that God is faithful and just to forgive us and let us stand before him, so we can receive his blessing. 1 John 1:9

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

Psalm 133

1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

One of the greatest needs of the church today is to live in unity. I expect this devotion will be read by people in different denominations, and that is wonderful, as we are in the same business and work for the same Lord and Master. We were all saved by the same precious blood of the Lamb.. amen

It is a wonderful thing for the people of God to be in unity, it was after all the dearest wish of the Lord Jesus in John 17. It truly pleases the heart of God.

Jesus prays that his church would be unifed like he was and is with His Father.. so why aren't we?

The symbol of Aaron's beard here speaks of fragrance flowing down to all areas of God's people and indeed having a dynamic impact on the world. My brothers and sisters, if the world saw us living in unity, maybe it would take us seriously.

I know we have points of difference, but the devil does want to rip us apart and one of the ways is through disunity, so why do we let Him do it? The world does not really care about our doctrine, it sees churches spilt and doesn't ask the reason.

May we as a church be like Mount Hermon, the dew that fell on that mountain flowed out to the regions about it, may our unity touch the world, which is in complete disunity, and may we show forth the power and glory of God?

After all, In John 17, did Jesus mention anything about denominations?

The Lord shared this with me.. he said

His church is unique because of it's message

Unique because of it's love

But also in a world of disunity.. it is UNIQUE BECAUSE IT IS UNIFIED IN CHRIST.. AMEN

God bless you

Keith

AM

"Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands." - Isaiah 49:16

No doubt a part of the wonder which is concentrated in the word "Behold," is excited by the unbelieving lamentation of the preceding sentence. Zion said, "The Lord hath forsaken me, and my God hath forgotten me." How amazed the divine mind seems to be at this wicked unbelief! What can be more astounding than the unfounded doubts and fears of God's favoured people? The Lord's loving word of rebuke should make us blush; he cries, "How can I have forgotten thee, when I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands? How darest thou doubt my constant remembrance, when the memorial is set upon my very flesh?" O unbelief, how strange a marvel thou art! We know not which most to wonder at, the faithfulness of God or the unbelief of his people. He keeps his promise a thousand times, and yet the next trial makes us doubt him. He never faileth; he is never a dry well; he is never as a setting sun, a passing meteor, or a melting vapour; and yet we are as continually vexed with anxieties, molested with suspicions, and disturbed with fears, as if our God were the mirage of the desert. "Behold," is a word intended to excite admiration. Here, indeed, we have a theme for marvelling. Heaven and earth may well be astonished that rebels should obtain so great a nearness to the heart of infinite love as to be written upon the palms of his hands. "I have graven thee."It does not say, "Thy name." The name is there, but that is not all: "I have graven thee." See the fulness of this! I have graven thy person, thine image, thy case, thy circumstances, thy sins, thy temptations, thy weaknesses, thy wants, thy works; I have graven thee, everything about thee, all that concerns thee; I have put thee altogether there. Wilt thou ever say again that thy God hath forsaken thee when he has graven thee upon his own palms?

PM

"Get thee up into the high mountain." - Isaiah 40:9

Each believer should be thirsting for God, for the living God, and longing to climb the hill of the Lord, and see him face to face. We ought not to rest content in the mists of the valley when the summit of Tabor awaits us. My soul thirsteth to drink deep of the cup which is reserved for those who reach the mountain's brow, and bathe their brows in heaven. How pure are the dews of the hills, how fresh is the mountain air, how rich the fare of the dwellers aloft, whose windows look into the New Jerusalem! Many saints are content to live like men in coal mines, who see not the sun; they eat dust like the serpent when they might taste the ambrosial meat of angels; they are content to wear the miner's garb when they might put on king's robes; tears mar their faces when they might anoint them with celestial oil. Satisfied I am that many a believer pines in a dungeon when he might walk on the palace roof, and view the goodly land and Lebanon. Rouse thee, O believer, from thy low condition! Cast away thy sloth, thy lethargy, thy coldness, or whatever interferes with thy chaste and pure love to Christ, thy soul's Husband. Make him the source, the centre, and the circumference of all thy soul's range of delight. What enchants thee into such folly as to remain in a pit when thou mayst sit on a throne? Live not in the lowlands of bondage now that mountain liberty is conferred upon thee. Rest no longer satisfied with thy dwarfish attainments, but press forward to things more sublime and heavenly. Aspire to a higher, a nobler, a fuller life. Upward to heaven! Nearer to God!

"When wilt thou come unto me, Lord?
Oh come, my Lord most dear!
Come near, come nearer, nearer still,
I'm blest when thou art near."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 19 Apr 2010, 10:55 am

Hello My Dear Friends from Sunny Morecambe in the UK. I hope that you are blessed and rejoicing in Jesus. Being a Christian.. one who is in CHRIST, is the highest privilege in the world.. amen. Please share these devotions with all your friends, groups, churches and contacts.. let's get the WORD out into the world

Also take time to view some of the best articles on the web at.. changed every week.. come back often and tell your friends

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_6_Gue...

Thanks and God bless you

Keith

All References are from the King James version unless stated otherwise

A Christian Is
Is a mind through which Christ Thinks
Is a heart through which Christ Lives
Is a voice through which Christ Speaks
Is a hand through which Christ helps

Thanks to Linda for allowing me to share this

Devotion 1

Psalm 24

3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

What a question this is for us as believers verse 3. Who indeed?
God is God of the whole person and so we must love Him with all of all heart, soul and strength. Here we have the four areas of our lives that we must have right to stand before God.
Our hands

This relates to our actions. Is everything we do to God's standards?. Is the way we treat people up to God's standard?
Actions speak louder than words they say, Jesus says by their fruits ye will know them. Can people tell you are a Christian just by the way you act and in your dealings with those around you?
Our heart
Is my/your heart right before the Lord? Proverbs 23:7 is a relevant verse here:

7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee

The condition of your heart defines your entire life. How is your heart condition believer?. Solomon gave this wise advice in Proverbs 4:23
23 Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life.
Are you keeping guard to what is going into your thoughts or have you let your guard down believer?. To Guard here means to set a guard and to be constantly aware of it's needs to be refreshed.

If you set a physical guard over your house and then never feed him/her, they would become weary and the strongman would break in, so it is with our spiritual life. So we don't become weary, we must feed on the spiritual food God has given us in his Word.

Our Mind

Have you lifted up your soul unto vanity or even become proud. One of the seven things that God hates is a proud look.

Humble yourself believer under the mighty hand of God and he will lift you up. One of the best ways to avoid pride is to know how Great and wonderful God is, when we see Him as awesome in majesty as he is, we soon lose our sense of our own importance.

Another way is to have a reverential fear of God. God is our friend of course, but he is Holy and must be treated as such

Proverbs 1

7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Our Mouths

Have we spoken things we shouldn't? James Chapter 3 has a lot to say about the tongue as does Proverbs, blessing and cursing should not be coming out of the same mouth. In Ephesians 4:29-32, it is made clear that this grieves the Holy Spirit.

Believer if you are in sin in any one of these areas, you can not stand before God and serve Him and receive his blessing.

But you can if you come in repentance to the foot of the cross and repent and turn from your sin and then God promises to bless you

Thank God we can ask for forgiveness and that God is faithful and just to forgive us and let us stand before him, so we can receive his blessing. 1 John 1:9

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

Psalm 133

1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
One of the greatest needs of the church today is to live in unity. I expect this devotion will be read by people in different denominations, and that is wonderful, as we are in the same business and work for the same Lord and Master. We were all saved by the same precious blood of the Lamb.. amen
It is a wonderful thing for the people of God to be in unity, it was after all the dearest wish of the Lord Jesus in John 17. It truly pleases the heart of God.

Jesus prays that his church would be unifed like he was and is with His Father.. so why aren't we?

The symbol of Aaron's beard here speaks of fragrance flowing down to all areas of God's people and indeed having a dynamic impact on the world. My brothers and sisters, if the world saw us living in unity, maybe it would take us seriously.

I know we have points of difference, but the devil does want to rip us apart and one of the ways is through disunity, so why do we let Him do it? The world does not really care about our doctrine, it sees churches spilt and doesn't ask the reason.

May we as a church be like Mount Hermon, the dew that fell on that mountain flowed out to the regions about it, may our unity touch the world, which is in complete disunity, and may we show forth the power and glory of God?
After all, In John 17, did Jesus mention anything about denominations?

The Lord shared this with me.. he said

His church is unique because of it's message
Unique because of it's love

But also in a world of disunity.. it is UNIQUE BECAUSE IT IS UNIFIED IN CHRIST.. AMEN

God bless you

Keith

AM

"Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands." – Isaiah 49:16

No doubt a part of the wonder which is concentrated in the word "Behold," is excited by the unbelieving lamentation of the preceding sentence. Zion said, "The Lord hath forsaken me, and my God hath forgotten me." How amazed the divine mind seems to be at this wicked unbelief! What can be more astounding than the unfounded doubts and fears of God's favoured people? The Lord's loving word of rebuke should make us blush; he cries, "How can I have forgotten thee, when I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands? How darest thou doubt my constant remembrance, when the memorial is set upon my very flesh?" O unbelief, how strange a marvel thou art! We know not which most to wonder at, the faithfulness of God or the unbelief of his people. He keeps his promise a thousand times, and yet the next trial makes us doubt him. He never faileth; he is never a dry well; he is never as a setting sun, a passing meteor, or a melting vapour; and yet we are as continually vexed with anxieties, molested with suspicions, and disturbed with fears, as if our God were the mirage of the desert. "Behold," is a word intended to excite admiration. Here, indeed, we have a theme for marvelling. Heaven and earth may well be astonished that rebels should obtain so great a nearness to the heart of infinite love as to be written upon the palms of his hands. "I have graven thee."It does not say, "Thy name." The name is there, but that is not all: "I have graven thee." See the fulness of this! I have graven thy person, thine image, thy case, thy circumstances, thy sins, thy temptations, thy weaknesses, thy wants, thy works; I have graven thee, everything about thee, all that concerns thee; I have put thee altogether there. Wilt thou ever say again that thy God hath forsaken thee when he has graven thee upon his own palms?

PM

"Get thee up into the high mountain." – Isaiah 40:9

Each believer should be thirsting for God, for the living God, and longing to climb the hill of the Lord, and see him face to face. We ought not to rest content in the mists of the valley when the summit of Tabor awaits us. My soul thirsteth to drink deep of the cup which is reserved for those who reach the mountain's brow, and bathe their brows in heaven. How pure are the dews of the hills, how fresh is the mountain air, how rich the fare of the dwellers aloft, whose windows look into the New Jerusalem! Many saints are content to live like men in coal mines, who see not the sun; they eat dust like the serpent when they might taste the ambrosial meat of angels; they are content to wear the miner's garb when they might put on king's robes; tears mar their faces when they might anoint them with celestial oil. Satisfied I am that many a believer pines in a dungeon when he might walk on the palace roof, and view the goodly land and Lebanon. Rouse thee, O believer, from thy low condition! Cast away thy sloth, thy lethargy, thy coldness, or whatever interferes with thy chaste and pure love to Christ, thy soul's Husband. Make him the source, the centre, and the circumference of all thy soul's range of delight. What enchants thee into such folly as to remain in a pit when thou mayst sit on a throne? Live not in the lowlands of bondage now that mountain liberty is conferred upon thee. Rest no longer satisfied with thy dwarfish attainments, but press forward to things more sublime and heavenly. Aspire to a higher, a nobler, a fuller life. Upward to heaven! Nearer to God!

"When wilt thou come unto me, Lord?
Oh come, my Lord most dear!
Come near, come nearer, nearer still,
I'm blest when thou art near."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 11 Apr 2010, 11:33 am

Devotion 1

John 19

30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

This is my favourite time of the year. Not just because spring is here, but because we can celebrate.. yes celebrate the death of Jesus and His Resurrection from the Dead.

These three small words in the verse above are some of the most awesome words even spoken.

They signify something absolutely extraordinary, something that defies description.

They were the final words of Jesus on the cross and they weren't words of despair.

They were the words of Victory, words of power and words that set many free. They signify the death nail for sin, death and Satan. The final nail had not been put in Jesus.. it had been put into the devil and all his works. I just love Colossians 2:11-15, Jesus had made a public exhibition of all the power of sin and death.

The bridge had been built. Sinful men could now approach a Holy God, because it was finished. The supreme work of redemption had been done.. The Perfect Lamb had been slain.. God the Father was satisfied... Jesus had acted as our substitute.

Let me share one more thing.. During the time of Darkness over the earth.. that three hours.. God poured out his anger.. his righteous anger on His beloved Son.. all of God's anger was poured out upon Jesus.. and this was meant for us.

The veil of the temple, had also been torn in 2. This was the holiest place.. once a year, the high priest could enter through that veil into the Holy of holies to place the blood of a perfect lamb on the altar for the sins of the people, but now we have access through the veil into that place.. amen. Hebrews 10:19-25.

The veil was heavy, it was at least 6 feet high and was very heavy.. no man could of torn it in two.. but God did

The Cross of Calvary is and always will be the place of Greatest mercy.. it is where God showed mercy in abundance to unworthy sinners, but to do that , it had to be the place where God was merciless to His own Beloved Son. I cannot imagine the heart of God at this time, what Jesus went through for us, was totally amazing and just beyond words, but he had to face separation from His Father and the full force of God's righteous anger.. which we should of had and which we deserved.

A perfect and pure sacrifice was needed.. Just like the ram in Genesis 22.. one was provided.. Jesus.. God's precious Son.. It cost Jesus his life and broke the heart of His Father.. but they were prepared to do it for us.

Believer in light of this sacrifice, mine and your only response is to bow and weep and offer our lives as a living sacrifice to God.. amen?

If it isn't then you need to re-assess your so called Christianity and repent?

For those of you, who are reading this and aren't saved yet.. what is your response?.. please read on and find out how you can trust Jesus for yourself

Please read Isaiah 53

Keith

Devotion 2

Matthew 28

6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

What an awesome invitation?

To everyone who comes to the tombs of all the great leaders and philosophers of History, you will find their bones and lots of pilgrims who come to view the bones and memorials to their leaders etc.

But in the case of Jesus, it is different!!! !!. Outside the tomb of Jesus, is a sign that says ' he is not here..HE IS ALIVE'

The difference between Christianity and every other faith, is that we worship and treasure someone who is NOT DEAD. He rose from the grave.. indeed he did more than rise from the grave.. he destroyed and defeated death itself. Death indeed is the final frontier for us, but Jesus has been there and it has no power over HIM and likewise over men and women who trust in the risen Saviour.

Paul puts it eloquently In 1 Corinthians 15

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

JESUS IS ALIVE

God Bless you

Keith

He Brings Salvation

It is God alone, who brings, Salvation in The King of kings,
He is the very Lord of lords, whom to all the world affords,
God's Gift of Eternal Life, through the Savior, Jesus Christ,
Offering to all a second birth, to every willing soul on earth.

For God alone is The One, Who sent to earth His Only Son,
Who set aside His Majesty, to live on earth for you and me,
Coming to earth as a child, born in a stable, meek and mild,
Starting in that lowly place; was for us, God's gift of Grace.

The vessel of how we are saved, from a world so depraved,
In a world dark as the night, Christ became this world's light,
The center of salvation's plan, isn't us, but, The Son of Man,
Sent to earth by God's Grace, to save the entire human race.

With mankind the focus of, the Lord God's unmatched Love,
A Love offering all we need, as Christ alone would intercede,
For sinners such as you and I, when He came to earth to die,
Paying God's Supreme Price, becoming for all His Sacrifice.

From His death He would rise, to His throne above the skies,
And here on earth as we believe, God's Salvation we receive,
As the only work required of us, is to in Christ place our trust,
For it's all God's work of Grace, when I come to Him by faith.

(Copyright ©️12/2009 Bob Gotti)

The Resurrection Changes Everything

The Resurrection changes everything, through the power of Jesus Christ,
As Christ becomes our Lord and King, giving all Believers brand new life.
To Him we lift up our praise and sing, for us He came to be our sacrifice,
Christ destroyed death with its sting, and prepared us a place in Paradise.

This change begins first in our heart, when in Jesus Christ we do believe,
Then from Heaven Christ will impart, His Spirit, for all believers to receive.
From our being, Christ will not depart, as new life in us He does conceive,
In The Savior change has its start; by the Resurrection new life is achieved.

Through God's Resurrection power, Jesus Christ's body could not remain,
And believers live each day and hour, New Life through the Savior's name.
As new life on us Christ shall shower, we no longer live our lives the same,
Now living for Him we do not cower, through Christ's Resurrection change,

In the power of Christ's Resurrection, believers now live life the narrow way,
A new life that was not our selection, but we live for Christ now day to day.
We've been called through His election, no matter what other men may say,
And ordained by God a new direction, upon a course, Christ helps us stay.

Friend, everything is changed by God, when New Life in Christ has begun,
As we live life upon this earthly sod, all believers live to Glorify God's Son,
Lead by Christ every step we trod, we become God's witness to everyone,
Guided by The Lord's staff and rod, until our work upon this earth is done.

(Copyright ©️04/2007 Bob Gotti)

Yes Dear friends. The cross of Calvary and the empty tomb change everything

Man is now able to approach a HOLY GOD, because of the sacrifice of Jesus .

He was the perfect sacrifice.. Pure and Holy.. Jesus took your penalty, because he was the substitute who took upon himself.. your sin and mine.

If you wish to receive Jesus as Saviour

Then Just follow these three easy steps

A- Admit you are sinner and in need of God's forgiveness Romans 3:23
B- Believe that Jesus died for you Acts 16:30-31
C- Confess Jesus is Lord Romans 10:9

I would encourage you to go to this website

[url=http://www.billygraham.org/SH_ HowtobecomeaChristian.asp]http://www.billygraham.org/SH_ HowtobecomeaChristian.asp[/url]

Or please feel free to contact me, and I would be happy to help you

God bless you
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 04 Apr 2010, 6:49 pm

The Greatest Gift

This is my favorite time of the whole year, it is a time of glory and triumph. Truly this is the time that changed the world.

As we prepare to celebrate the sacrifice of our Lord, let us look at the things Jesus purchased for us on the cross of Calvary and by rising from the dead.

We have so much to be thankful for, among the many things the Lord has given, these are the best.

Life

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Life was stolen from man at the Garden of Eden, man died spiritually at that point, but now because of the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, we are truly alive, and we don't just have life in the ordinary sense of the word. This is a life that is full of joy, that makes you happy from the top of your head to the tip of your toes. It gives you something deep down on the inside that the world cannot take away nor can it give.

Light

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life

Not only do we have life, that no one can take away, but we have the light of Life. Jesus was the light of the world, and here he is saying that we have the same light he does. That is just amazing. We have this treasure in earthen vessels, it is almost impossible for us to comprehend this gift, but that is what it is. We also have the privilege of letting this light, shine before this world.

Peace

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid

We live in a world that is desperately seeking peace. People are trying literally anything, but the one thing that can and does bring real peace is a relationship with God. The cross of Calvary, was the way that God made his peace with Man, who had torn apart his relationship with God and had done nothing to repair it and couldn't repair it. God took the initiative and came to bring his creation, back in union with Him. When we have this relationship with the Lord, we can live in peace with our fellow man, at peace with ourselves and most importantly you have peace with God.

Forgiveness

Luke 5:24 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of the palsy), I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thine house.

The Lord Jesus, not only was able to forgive people's sins on earth, he is the reason that man can be forgiven. The only reason that people can be forgiven is because of the shed blood of Jesus on the cross. The apostle John, who watched the whole crucifixion, said these wonderful words in 1 John Ch 1:7-Ch 2:2

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 John 2

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

He was and still is the perfect sacrifice, once and for all. Behold the spotless Lamb of God, who gives Life, light, peace and forgiveness to all who come to him. May you at this resurrection weekend come to trust Him as your precious Savior and Lord, if you haven't already.

Jesus died and rose again, for you. If there was just one of his creation, who lost his relationship with the Father, then Jesus, would have done the same thing. What Jesus did for you, so many years ago, was to purchase your freedom and give you the keys to life.

Are you going to accept the free gift?

Keith

Please view the wonderful page on site.. called Salvation Focus

http://www.ourchurc h.com/member/ f/faithhopelove/ index.php? p=1_2_-Salvation -Focus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 03 Apr 2010, 2:08 pm

Happy and blessed Resurrection weekend to you all

This devotion contains the greatest news.... ever. Are you ready?

What a joy to share this devotion with you. May you all be blessed, challenged and encouraged by it.

This Noonday Devotion is a departure from the usual. Instead of containing two devotions from CH Spurgeon, it contains two poems from Bob Gotti. The Lord said to place these poems on here, so just obeying his instructions.. after all he knows best.. amen

Jesus is so wonderful, through his death, we are set free from the power of sin and brought back into fellowship with God. Through his glorious Resurrection, death is defeated. As the song by Ray Boltz says.. it is ONE DROP OF BLOOD..the precious blood of JESUS that cleanses us from all sin. Please read to the end of these devotions, for the most exciting news ever.

Devotion 1

John 19
30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
This is my favourite time of the year. Not just because spring is here, but because we can celebrate.. yes celebrate the death of Jesus and His Resurrection from the Dead.
These three small words in the verse above are some of the most awesome words even spoken.
They signify something absolutely extraordinary, something that defies description.
They were the final words of Jesus on the cross and they weren't words of despair.
They were the words of Victory, words of power and words that set many free. They signify the death nail for sin, death and Satan. The final nail had not been put in Jesus.. it had been put into the devil and all his works. I just love Colossians 2:11-15, Jesus had made a public exhibition of all the power of sin and death.

The bridge had been built. Sinful men could now approach a Holy God, because it was finished. The supreme work of redemption had been done.. The Perfect Lamb had been slain.. God the Father was satisfied... Jesus had acted as our substitute.
Let me share one more thing.. During the time of Darkness over the earth.. that three hours.. God poured out his anger.. his righteous anger on His beloved Son.. all of God's anger was poured out upon Jesus.. and this was meant for us.

The veil of the temple, had also been torn in 2. This was the holiest place.. once a year, the high priest could enter through that veil into the Holy of holies to place the blood of a perfect lamb on the altar for the sins of the people, but now we have access through the veil into that place.. amen. Hebrews 10:19-25.

The veil was heavy, it was at least 6 feet high and was very heavy.. no man could of torn it in two.. but God did

The Cross of Calvary is and always will be the place of Greatest mercy.. it is where God showed mercy in abundance to unworthy sinners, but to do that , it had to be the place where God was merciless to His own Beloved Son. I cannot imagine the heart of God at this time, what Jesus went through for us, was totally amazing and just beyond words, but he had to face separation from His Father and the full force of God's righteous anger.. which we should of had and which we deserved.
A perfect and pure sacrifice was needed.. Just like the ram in Genesis 22.. one was provided.. Jesus.. God's precious Son.. It cost Jesus his life and broke the heart of His Father.. but they were prepared to do it for us.
Believer in light of this sacrifice, mine and your only response is to bow and weep and offer our lives as a living sacrifice to God.. amen?
If it isn't then you need to re-assess your so called Christianity and repent?

For those of you, who are reading this and aren't saved yet.. what is your response?.. please read on and find out how you can trust Jesus for yourself

Please read Isaiah 53

Keith

Devotion 2
Matthew 28

6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

What an awesome invitation?
To everyone who comes to the tombs of all the great leaders and philosophers of History, you will find their bones and lots of pilgrims who come to view the bones and memorials to their leaders etc.
But in the case of Jesus, it is different!!!!!. Outside the tomb of Jesus, is a sign that says ' he is not here..HE IS ALIVE'
The difference between Christianity and every other faith, is that we worship and treasure someone who is NOT DEAD. He rose from the grave.. indeed he did more than rise from the grave.. he destroyed and defeated death itself. Death indeed is the final frontier for us, but Jesus has been there and it has no power over HIM and likewise over men and women who trust in the risen Saviour.

Paul puts it eloquently In 1 Corinthians 15
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

JESUS IS ALIVE

God Bless you

Keith
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 22 Mar 2010, 3:08 pm

Devotion 1
Exodus ch 31
1 Then the LORD said to Moses
2 "See, I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah,
3 and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts
4 to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze,
5 to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of craftsmanship.
6 Moreover, I have appointed Oholiab son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan, to help him. Also I have given skill to all the craftsmen to make everything I have commanded you:
It is a great joy to serve the Lord. Many people are in what we call the "spotlight ministries", they are teaching or preaching. But what about those unseen ministries.
This is to encourage all those who have a ministry that is unseen. Are you in charge of the putting the chairs out before the meeting? or sweeping up afterwards. Maybe you feel you have no value to the Body of Christ.
Well, God doesn't see you that way at all. He values your ministry, just as much as Billy Graham's.
When Billy Graham preached, during every meeting there were people underneath the platform, praying, there were people who were helping to seat people, there were people who were cleaning, there were people who were serving refreshments
All these people were just as important as Billy Graham, without the prayers of the intercessors, like in the story of Moses on top of the Mountain, victories would not of been won and people drawn to Christ, without those who prayed, cleaned and ushered .
These guys in this chapter were chosen personally by God, The Job given to you by the Lord, has been hand picked for you and also they were given the power of the Spirit of God to do it.
God has given you a unique skill, maybe it is for unblocking drains, but remember you are uniquely talented, because the talent is from the ultimate talent scout
Let me share about someone in my own church, he does all the odd jobs in the church, despite having his own business, he is consistent.. every bible study/mens prayer breakfast.. which he organises.. he is there.
God looks for our faithfulness and once we have been faithful in a little job.. God gives us bigger jobs.
Maybe the reason you haven't been given a big job to do, is because you haven't been faithful in the job you already have?

Devotion 2
Exodus ch 35
20 Then the whole Israelite community withdrew from Moses' presence,
21 and everyone who was willing and whose heart moved him came and brought an offering to the LORD for the work on the Tent of Meeting, for all its service, and for the sacred garments.
22 All who were willing, men and women alike, came and brought gold jewelry of all kinds: brooches, earrings, rings and ornaments. They all presented their gold as a wave offering to the LORD.
God loves a cheerful giver. He wants us to bring our tithes and offerings joyfully, not with a grudging spirit. It was because Abel gave in the right spirit and Cain did not, that their offerings were accepted and rejected.
Let us bring what we have to God joyfully. Don't you just love verse 21? Everyone who was willing and whose heart moved him, gave their best.
Is your heart moved to give?
Then bring your gift to God in a willing and eager spirit
God bless you
Keith
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 18 Mar 2010, 3:10 pm

Devotion 1

Colossians chapter 1

8 Who also declared unto us your love in the Spirit.

Paul is in the middle of a great discourse, this is just awesome and I just want to share this verse with you.

Dear Epaphras who was a friend of Paul's was sent to this church, to find out what is was like.

I would like to ask the question. What would be the lasting impression if someone came to your church or fellowship,or even if they spent a few days around you?

We have had 5 students from Capernwray Hall bible school helping us at Heysham Free Methodist over the past few days.. I wonder what their lasting impression is.. I know that I speak for them.. they would say that although we have our faults.. the church at Heysham was full of love.

Would your life or church have at it's core, the most essential feature, and that is love.

The christian church is different from any other grouping, it's foundation is love,it's lifeblood is love.

We are told to love, not just those of our own church, but our brothers and sisters in every church, and not just in word either, but in deed and action.

Please read 1 John 4:20.This says it all

Let us show the world, that we are Christians who love with passion and truth. Loving every brother and sister in the Spirit and accepting them as dearly beloved in Christ.

If a stranger visited your church on any given Sunday.. what would their lasting impression be?. People say that they chose to return to a church in the first 5 minutes of entering it.. so first impressions really count.. what first impression does your church give?

Devotion 2

Philippians 1

3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,

4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy,

9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.

11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Two questions spring to mind, when reading these verses.

Do we thank God at the remembrance of every believer.. maybe there is someone in your church that you don't hit it off with. vs 3-4

What Paul has saying here is that every time these believers came to mind.. he thanked God for them and he prayed for them, the next time that person is brought to mind who you don't see eye to eye with.. pray for them and thank God for them.

These early believers were so blessed.. Do we pray for others like this? Paul prayed for their love to grow and abound so much and that they would be filled with the fruits of righteousness . Vs 9-11

Let us love, think of and pray for all our brethren like Paul did and indeed like Jesus commanded us too.. because if we don't then that is direct disobedience to the precious word of God.

Romans 12

9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another

So let us love and pray for all our brethren.

I hope you can answer the two questions.. firstly do we love all our brethren and secondly.. do we pray for them like Paul did?

God bless you

Keith
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next