World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Gatestone Institute
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 9:47 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 9:40 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 9:25 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 9:23 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 9:14 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 8:40 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 5:32 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 4:35 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 3:55 pm by Admin

» israelAM
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 3:41 pm by Admin

» AISH
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 3:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 3:20 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 3:18 pm by Admin

» The Life and Death of Binyamin Airley
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 2:39 pm by Admin

»  Israel's Eurovision song Hurricane.
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 10:16 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 9:07 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 12:11 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 12:02 am by Admin

» Sign Petition Against Antisemitism
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:26 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:20 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 Empty Re: KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING

Post  Admin Tue 21 Jul 2020, 6:39 pm

[size=16]Proverbs 12

The vexation of a fool is known at once,
    but the prudent ignores an insult.

BLOWING YOUR TOP

I am an emotional guy, one of my former pastors, said that he didn't have to ask me, how I felt...he just looked at my face.

Dealing with my emotions, is my deepest struggle; some days I am able to handle things, and other days I experience defeat.  The church which is the Body of Christ is made up of redeemed sinners. Sinners like you and me.  And as sinners, we get upset, and sometimes we get angry.  When we are offended, we make sure people know about it.  However, we should be just as eager to pray and forgive those who offend us.  Controlling our emotions is difficult.  A good start is to reflect on questions such as the ones below:

Are you a foolish person, who blows your top at every insult or offence?

Do you wear your emotions on your sleeve?

When we are offended it is in our old nature to fight back, but now we have a new nature along with the Holy Spirit, who gives us the strength to keep our cool.

Also, we have the example of Jesus.  Look at the insults that he went through, during his life, but most prominently at the cross. The soldiers, the Roman and Jewish authorities said things that were so terrible, it defies belief.  As followers of Christ, let us strive to keep our emotions in check.  It is hard to be a witness for Christ, when you cannot handle criticism or lose your cool at every turn…think about it.

God bless you

kk

Sermons

[/size]
by Dennis Lyle

Thyatira the false church Revelation 2 40 minutes

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=92610633222

Sardis the feeble Church Revelation 3 40 minutes

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=103110735290

[size=16]Philadelphia - The Faithful Church Revelation 3 38 minutes
[/size]

[size=16]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=1171063213
[/size]

Laodicea the Fashionable church Revelation 3 39 minutes

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=111410626480

Coffee Break

"Water To Wine"

"Jesus saith unto them, Fill the water pots with water. And they filled them up to the brim." John 2:7

When Jesus puts His hand on something, there is a change that takes place- water becomes wine as at the marriage in Cana. When Jesus is involved, nothing stays the same. The ordinary is changed into the extraordinary. What is weak becomes strong. What is natural becomes supernatural.

When He touches our lives, the same happens. There is a change that takes place in us- or should. We can no longer be the same. We have gone from death to life, from sinner to saint, from outcasts to accepted, from darkness to light.

If Jesus has touched your life there should be something different about you- water and wine are two completely different substances. The purpose of wine at the wedding was to give the guests something to drink- it wasn't intended to sit in a cellar somewhere. There is a purpose for the change and transformation that Jesus desires to do in our lives-- and that change is not always about us. It is about others. It's about others being able to "see" and "taste" something from our lives that will make them sit up on take notice. "When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom. And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now." (Verses 9,10) And when they take notice, it will be Jesus that they see.

We are like those empty clay pots- vessels that hold something and are intended to be filled. Without Jesus we are empty vessels, with Him we are vessels full of water, when we receive the Holy Spirit, we are vessels holding wine. "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost. Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine. For these are not drunken, as ye suppose." (Acts 2:1-4,13,15) These "vessels of water"- those in the Upper Room- were changed into vessels holding wine- the Holy Spirit. The purpose of the Holy Spirit is so that we, Jesus' disciples, can receive power to be His "witnesses" to others and help bring about the transformation process in us. "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." (Acts 1:8)

What do others "taste" from your life? Are they tasting something that will make them take note of Jesus?

Have a great day. Are you an empty vessel? A vessel holding water? A vessel holding wine?

For further reading:
John 2:1-11
2 Corinthians 5:17
Acts 2

‎Lorraine Nations Ezell‎ 

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 21 Jul 2020, 6:37 pm

DAILY PRAYER

Lord we Thank and Praise you for all you do each day to guide, protect, provide, and answer every petition as they make their needs, wants, and the desires of their hearts known to you.

Lord please bless, keep, guide, and provide each person this message reaches. Throughout each day, bless them with perfect health, healing, and the abundant supply to fulfill all they need, want or desire.  Keep each of them safe and secure, no matter the weather, temperatures, or other circumstances that should try to cause their body, mind or our spirits to be tried and tested! Guide each of them as they pray, ask, and require. (2 Corinthians 5:18-21; Ephesians 6:10-20;Luke 1:1-4; Luke 18:1-8; Colossians 1:9-23; Romans 8:26-30)

Dear Lord in sharing the words of prayers and words of wisdom from history, I hope to encourage all my readers of these messages, to show that we are not experiencing anything that others have not, and to show that you always provide. Let the readers also reflect on the time and circumstances of these prayers and words of wisdom, so they may draw strength and insight from them. Amen

God knows us through and through. Not the most secret thought, which we most hide from ourselves, is hidden from him. As then we come to know ourselves through and through, we come to see ourselves more as God sees us, and then we catch some little glimpse of his designs with us, how each ordering of his providence, each check to our desires, each failure of our hopes, is just fitted for us, and for something in our own spiritual state, which others know not of, and which, till then, we knew not. Until we come to this knowledge, we must take all in faith, believing, though we know not, the goodness of God toward us.
Edward Bouberie Pusey (1800–1882)

Have a wonderfully blessed and prosperous day in the Lord today!

TODAYS DEVOTIONS

(It is not my intent to be a salesperson, just send uplifting and encouraging devotions, so all links are removed, linked items are in bold print, the attached PDF still has hot links or you can follow the link at the bottom to view the devotion online)

Hope for the Long Days
by (in)courage 

The secret counsel of the Lord
is for those who fear him,
and he reveals his covenant to them.

Psalm 25:14 (CSB)

I take a deep breath and lean the handle of the mop against the counter top. I feel the stiffness and soreness in my shoulders and back from the vigorous scrubbing I’ve given the floor. I look at the clock on the stove and can hardly believe it. It blinks a mere 8:23 a.m.
How long ago did I wake to my seven-year-old’s urgent whispering to me, “Mommy, Mommy! Paw-Paw peed all over the floor!”? I rolled over in the gray morning light, hurried down the stairs, and stopped on the final step. The first puddles were under the window. Then I noticed a trail that trickled around — all the way around — the loop that connects the living room, kitchen, and dining room of the open-concept downstairs.
My father-in-law, who is in the final stage of Alzheimer’s disease, had wandered downstairs sometime in the middle of the night and fallen. Unhurt but unable to lift himself from a sitting position, he scooted around the downstairs in his overly-saturated nighttime diaper.
I woke my husband. He lifted, changed, and cared for his dad while I mopped. I washed the feet of my three early-rising daughters who had accidentally stepped in some of the mess.
We’re almost two years into full-time care-taking for my father-in-law. We’ve witnessed many losses of personality and ability. Several times we thought surely we were in the valley of the shadow of death. Yet somehow my father-in-law would recover to a new “normal.” For a time. We never know what to expect. There are many levels of grieving and frustration to wade through.
It’s only 8:23 a.m.. Deep breath.
My husband and I share a sad smile as he passes me to go clean himself up. I begin making his coffee. Coffee beans in the grinder, I press down and the churning and chopping begins. The thoughts, the temptations, come quietly now, like a blanket offering sympathetic comfort. But I recognize this scheme. If I let that “sympathetic blanket” drop around my shoulders, I’ll be weighed down with self-focus, not free to run my race this day like the Lord wants me to. I need my eyes fixed on Jesus.
I pray: [size=16]Lord, I appeal to You. My God, I trust in You. I pour water in the coffee pot and ask the Living Water to pour Himself into me, for “No one who waits for you will be disgraced” (Psalm 25:3).[/size]
The tempter continues to try to wrap his blanket around my heart by directing me to the logistics of the day: [size=16]It’s 8:23 a.m. and you’re already exhausted, physically and emotionally. You didn’t get enough sleep. Again. Now you have to rush to finish breakfast, nurse the baby, get all five kids dressed and to Bible study. No time to do your hair or makeup. You’ll look exhausted and ragged. Again. But it’s okay. Everyone will understand and empathize with you if they know about your morning. You can legitimately “quit” for the day. Puddles of pee and the entire downstairs mopped before breakfast is enough to justify this. Quit. It’s okay. You can quit.[/size]
I refuse to quit. Again. To surrender another day, or even part of a day, again. [size=16]My hope is in you Lord — all day long. I wait for the other Voice I know will come. I preach to myself: In Christ alone my hope is found.[/size]
Light seeps in through the slatted window blinds onto the clean floor. I wait. I want the promise. I work on memorizing the words that speak life: “The secret counsel of the Lord is for those who fear him, and he reveals his covenant to them” (Psalm 25:14).
The Lord has taught me that to fear Him, in a practical and tangible sense, looks like obedience.. Ordinary faithfulness. So I ask to receive: [size=16]Please counsel me, Lord. His light comes in this thought: Pray to confuse people. As I obey His secret counsel — my hope is found.[/size]
So I pray: [size=16]Lord, help me confuse people. No matter what my circumstances are, no matter what my feelings are, fill me so full with joy and peace that people have to question the Source. My hope is in You. Not in productivity. Not in enough sleep. Not in my own limited energy and ability. In You alone I trust. [/size]
This is a beautiful truth. If we fear the Lord, He will secretly counsel us. He will show us the way we should choose. May you embrace the peace that passes understanding as you wait for more of Him. No one who waits for the Lord will be disgraced.

Spit out the sweet morsels of sin!

(Thomas Brooks, "The Crown and Glory of Christianity, or, HOLINESS, the Only Way to Happiness", 1662)

"When He comes, He will convict the world about sin." John 16:8 

A man never comes . .. .
  to see his sins, 
  nor to be sick of his sins, 
  nor to loathe his sins, 
  nor to arraign his sins,
  nor to condemn his sins,
  nor to judge himself for his sins--
until he comes to be possessed by the Holy Spirit. 

A man never comes . . .
  to spit out the sweet morsels of sin,
  to make a sacrifice of his only Isaac
  to hack his trembling Agag in pieces,
  to strangle his Delilah
and in good earnest to set upon an utter extirpation of his most cherished sins--until the Spirit of holiness comes upon him. Until the Holy Spirit falls upon the hearts of sinners, they will never be turned out of . . .
  their pride, 
  their formality, 
  their carnality, 
  their sensuality, 
  their security.

To make a man holy--is greater than to create a world! It can be done by none but by the Holy Spirit. It is the great work of the Spirit to shape and form holiness in all the vessels of glory.

The Spirit sweetly and strongly moves His people . . .
  to mind holiness,
  to fall in love with holiness,
  to press after holiness, 
  to leave off their sins,
  to turn to God,
  to embrace Christ,
  to tremble at threatenings,
  to embrace promises.

The Crown and Glory of Christianity

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 20 Jul 2020, 10:01 pm

A Word In Due Season

SMALL BEGINNINGS

Scripture:  I Samuel 17:28  "And with whom have you left those few sheep in the wilderness?"

David's father sent him to the front line of the battle to take food to his brothers.  When David got there, he heard Goliath, the giant, defying the armies of God.  David inquired concerning the rewards that were offered to the man who could conquer this giant.  The very thought that David considered challenging the giant angered his brother, Eliab.  Eliab questioned David about the sheep and his motives for coming to the battlefront.  He accused David of having pride and of just wanting to watch the battle.  Eliab purposely insulted David by asking him about his meager assignment, which was to care for a few sheep.  He wanted to remind David that his place in life was of little importance.

David, however, had already been anointed by the prophet Samuel to be the King of Israel (I Samuel 16:13).  David had been chosen over Eliab and his other brothers, but he continued to tend the sheep.  Have you ever felt that God had called and anointed you to do a special work for Him, but at present you find yourself in a place of little importance?  Your current responsibilities have nothing to do with the calling that God has placed within your heart.  Nothing in your life seems to be going in the direction to fulfill God's ultimate purposes.  You may be locked into a job, family situation, or other circumstances, and feel that your destiny is passing you by.  You may have concluded that there seems to be little hope of doing anything significant for the kingdom of God.

David must have had these same thoughts, as day after day, he led the sheep from pasture to pasture.  Although he could not see what God was doing, God was training him for the battle with the giant.  Alone on the hills and in the valleys, he entertained himself by practicing with his sling and stones until he became very accurate.  Eventually, David had to face a lion and a bear in order to protect the sheep that he was caring for.  I Samuel 17:34-35 says that he went after a lion that took a lamb out of the flock.  He caught the lion by the beard and killed him, and then later killed a bear.

Can you imagine this small boy holding a lion by the beard or coming against a bear?  This was his combat training.  God was training him to come against a "bear sized" giant that he would later encounter.  And as fierce as the roar of the giant was, it was probably still not as frightening as the roar of the lion that David had already conquered.  The lion's fierce roar had prepared him for the frightening roar and insults of Goliath, the giant.  God's deliverance in these battles built David's confidence and gave him assurance that God could and would bring him victory again.

The position you are in today is not insignificant.  Wherever you are and whatever you are doing today, God is training you for tomorrow's purposes.  So be diligent in all that you do.  "Whatsoever you do, do it heartily, as unto the Lord" (Colossians 3:23).  And do not "despise the day of small beginnings" (Zechariah 4:10).  Let this day prepare you for tomorrow.  Your divine destiny is just ahead and God's appointed time will come. +++

A Word In Due Season

PROVISIONS FROM GOD

Scripture:  Nehemiah 9:15  "The Lord gave them bread from heaven for their hunger, and brought forth water for them out of the rock for their thirst."

God is so awesome.  Just when we think we have things figured out, God does something new.  He amazes us with His creativity and surprises us with the unexpected.  Look at the Israelites as they came out of Egypt.  They were hungry and had need of food and they were thirsty and had need of water.  To meet these vital needs, God provided them with manna from an open heaven and water from a rock.  Who would have ever thought that you could secure water from a rock in the desert by simply speaking to it?  Or who could have ever imagined that enough bread could fall out of the heavens every morning for forty years to feed six million people?  God is truly awesome.

God's provision for His people came with such simple instructions, "speak to the rock" and "gather the manna daily."  God speaks to us in this same simple way today.  He is the Rock of our refuge (Psalms 94:22), and He tells us to speak to this Rock.  He said, "Call upon Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things that you have not known before" (Jeremiah 33:3).  When you pray, He will create solutions that are just as amazing as water coming from a rock.  If you have a need of any kind, He says, "Come to Me in the Name of Jesus ... Ask and it will be given, seek and you shall find, knock and it will be opened to you" (Matthew 7:7).  Your Rock, Christ Jesus, is waiting for you to speak to Him.

God also told us to gather our manna daily just as He did the Israelites.  Jesus said our prayers are to be "Give us this day our daily bread."  We are not to worry and fret over future provisions.  Jesus told us not to be anxious about what we are going to eat, drink, or wear.  We are to "Seek the kingdom of God first and all these things will be added to us" (Matthew 6:31-34).  God does notdepend upon our resources but supplies all of our needs according to His own riches.  He opens the windows of Heaven and pours out blessings that we are incapable of receiving.  We serve the same God that Moses and the Israelites served, and He is just as interested in meeting our needs today as He was in meeting their needs.  What He did for them, He will do for you.  Trust Him.  God's resources are awesome and unlimited. +++
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 19 Jul 2020, 9:19 pm

Playing With All Your Heart

Our boys were blessed with some great football coaches when they were in high school. They worked their players hard. Let me tell you, they conditioned them well, and they produced champions. One lesson the coaches taught our team certainly went against their natural instincts. I mean, no one is real anxious to get injured. A player's natural tendency is to hold back a little when they're making a hit on another player, or when they're blocking, or when they're tackling so they won't get hurt. You know, you want to be careful so you're not injured. Well, the coaches tell you that's a mistake; that's the best way to get hurt is to play tentatively, play half-heartedly. Here's how they put it, "Either give it all you've got or don't play." Okay.
I'm Ron Hutchcraft and I want to have A Word With You today about "Playing With All Your Heart."
Our word for today from the Word of God is a verse that actually could be a life principle. It's a motto that you could repeat to yourself often at work, playing sports, studying, doing dirty work, listening to someone, trying to finish a difficult job. Here's the principle from God's Word. It's in Ecclesiastes 9:10, "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might."
The coach would like that.. Whatever position you're playing in life, don't play tentatively. Throw yourself into it with everything you've got. In the words of Colossians 3:23, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart." Whatever you do! If you asked our kids something that they heard over and over again growing up from their parents, they might very well tell you those four words that we tried to make a life motto, "with all your heart." Jim Elliott, the martyred missionary and actually one of my personal heroes, said it this way, "Wherever you are, be all there!"
If you have to do something anyway, why not do it with everything you've got? If you have to be somewhere, why not be all there? I saw a little slice of wisdom on a kitchen wall plaque. It said, "Lord, help me do with a smile the things I have to do anyway." That's good.
God's call to all of us who belong to Him is to be a 100-percenter in anything and everything we do. So when someone is talking with you, you listen with all your heart, as if they are the only person on earth and the only thing you have to do. When you work, you focus...you do it with all your heart. When it's time to pray, you pray with all your heart. You play with all your heart. You study with all your heart. You help out with all your heart.
That's the attitude of someone who knows that ultimately he or she is living a God-planned life. Now you might say, "Well, I don't like the situation I'm in." That shouldn't be what determines your attitude. You make every situation the best it can be when you tackle it like the Bible says, "with all your might," "with all your heart."
Remember, God said whatever you do, do it with all your heart. And not just the things you feel like doing. There's something actually very intoxicating, something magnetic about a person who enters into everything they do passionately and wholeheartedly. If you've ever known one of those kind of people, those "with all your heart" people, you know that kind of passion is a magnet that draws people.
Everything your hand finds to do, would you do it with intensity? In football, in everyday life, playing tentatively invites injury and it surely invites defeat. So like the coach says, "Either give it all you've got, or don't play!"

Copyright © Ron Hutchcraft Ministries, Inc.

2Ch 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Pithy gems from Thomas Watson #3

What good will it do a man when he is in Hell, that others think he has gone to Heaven? 

~  ~  ~  ~ 

Godliness consists in a harmony between holy principles and holy practices.  

~  ~  ~  ~ 

How can the unrepentant sinner be merry, who is heir to all God's curses, and does not know how soon he may take up his lodgings among the damned?

~  ~  ~  ~ 

The more bitterness we taste in sin, the more sweetness we shall taste in Christ!

~  ~  ~  ~ 

Christ is never sincerely loved, until sin is sincerely loathed!

~  ~  ~  ~ 

He a fool, who minds his recreation more than his salvation!

~  ~  ~  ~ 

The greatest judgment God lays upon a man in this life, is to let him sin without hindrance.

~  ~  ~  ~ 

He who hides one rebel in his house is a traitor to the Crown.
Just so, he who indulges one sin is a traitorous hypocrite. 

~  ~  ~  ~ 

It is better to go with difficulty to Heaven, than with ease to Hell! "Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able!" Luke 13:24 

~  ~  ~  ~ 

True happiness consists not in beauty, honor, riches (the world's trinity)--but in the forgiveness of sin. "How blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered!" Psalm 32:1  

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 19 Jul 2020, 10:07 am

~PEP OR POWER?~
Bro. Michael Guido, D.D., tells of a deacon who said to his preacher one morning, "We need a revival. The blower is blowing, but the fire is out." Guido said, "this is like many churches in this day and age. They have form but no force, motion but no devotion, the shove but not the love, the spire but not the fire. Many modern day churches are beautiful in foliage but barren in fruit, rich in tradition, but poor in submission. Many give their silver to the Lord but not their souls."
The old time religion of our forefathers was not just a form of religiosity, but a burning desire for God's passion and power that they might live holy and help win others to Him. If our churches are to enjoy survival, we Christians must seek and experience personal revival. We need to ask God to come fill hearts that we all might grow and glow, as reflectors of His glory. We cannot afford to be workless worshippers or saltless saints while here on this earth. 
God has not called us to be keepers of an Aquarium, but to get out of the fish bowl and be fishers of men. If we catch them, He will clean them. The only spiritual hook and bait that catches fish in the sea of life is the true gospel message. Good singing may snag souls for a season, fellowship may befriend them, entertainment may excite them, but only the Holy Spirit who invites and draws them to salvation can accomplish the work within, that changes hearts and lives for all eternity. By God's help and power, we can be a going church for a coming Lord! Share his love and gospel every opportunity, as time is short, and He's coming soon!
Blessings in Christ,
+(¯`v´¯)+
.`•.¸.•´ ★
¸.•´.•´¨) ¸..•¨)
(¸.•´(¸.•´ (¸..•¨¯`* +ღ++
Jo Ann Kelly
J. P's Inspirations-2016
¸.•´.•´¨) ¸.•¨)¸.•´.•´¨) ¸.•¨)(¸.•´(¸.•´ (¸.•¨
Illustration-Seeds From The Sower

[size=14][ltr]~HIS GRACE ABOUNDS~[/ltr]

[ltr]Where sin and sorrow dwelled[/ltr]
[ltr]in the darkness of despair[/ltr]
[ltr]God's grace was greater still[/ltr]
[ltr]His mercy found me there.[/ltr]

[ltr]God's hand reached further down[/ltr]
[ltr]than I could ever reach up,[/ltr]
[ltr]His love is the greatest of all[/ltr]
[ltr]as we drink from salvation's cup.[/ltr]

[ltr]We can partake of His living waters[/ltr]
[ltr]to find rest for our weary soul,[/ltr]
[ltr]When we look up to the Savior,[/ltr]
[ltr]His marvelous grace we'll behold.[/ltr]

[ltr]His grace is all sufficient[/ltr]
[ltr]as abundantly He gives,[/ltr]
[ltr]His blood shall never lose it's power,[/ltr]
[ltr]Because of Christ, we live.[/ltr]

[ltr]God's grace is still amazing[/ltr]
[ltr]as His favor He bestows[/ltr]
[ltr]Although we are unworthy,[/ltr]
[ltr]He forgives and makes us whole.[/ltr]

[ltr]His love reaches to the highest mountain[/ltr]
[ltr]His blood to the lowest valley flows,[/ltr]
[ltr]Reach up to the Savior,[/ltr]
[ltr]His grace is so freely bestowed.[/ltr]

[ltr]Blessings In Christ,[/ltr]
[ltr]Jo Ann Kelly :copyright: 6/2005[/ltr]
[ltr]J. P.'s Inspirations[/ltr]

[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 17 Jul 2020, 10:00 pm

CHINA: Hundreds of Crosses Removed
Sources: ChinaAid, Bitter Winter, Christian Post
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vomcanada.com%2Fimages%2Fcountries%2Fchina%2Fcn-cross-down-caa-sm
Officials gather to demolish crosses.
Photo: ChinaAid
In the early morning of July 7th, more than 100 security personnel arrived at the Aodi Christian Church and Yinchang Christian Church in Wenzhou. They came with cranes and removed the crosses from atop the church buildings. Door locks were also broken, and some church property was destroyed. When church members tried to intervene, they were physically assaulted, resulting in several injuries. The elderly among them were not exempt from mistreatment, for a senior man in his 80s was disrespectfully pushed to the ground.
The demolition orders are representative of many similar state-sanctioned operations. In the state of Anhui, crosses were removed from at least 250 government-approved churches during the first four months of 2020 alone. "All Christian symbols are ordered to be removed," declares one state employee. Similar action is being taken against symbols of other religions as well.
The ongoing crackdown against Christians in China has been described as the most intense in decades. If you have not yet watched VOMC's video interview with Bob Fu of ChinaAid, we encourage you to do so.
Please continue to lift up China's Christians in your prayers, asking God to minister His grace, healing, spiritual encouragement and renewed hope in the midst of the government-imposed restrictions and the resulting harm it has caused so many. May He also work in the lives of state authorities and members of the security forces, so that they too will become keenly aware of the Lord's presence and sovereignty. Overall, pray that the continued outreach of churches throughout the country will be mightily used to bring multitudes from all walks of life to a saving faith in Christ.
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vomcanada.com%2Fimages%2Fgeneral%2Fshare-a-prayerKEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vomcanada.com%2Fimages%2Fgeneral%2Fpnp-twitter-blueKEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vomcanada.com%2Fimages%2Fgeneral%2Fpnp-fb-blue.png&t=1595013150&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1cb4-91000101eb00&sig=x__ei.r0MZ7

IRAN: Seven Iranians Sentenced
Sources: Iran Human Rights Monitor, Middle East Concern, Article18, Mission Network News, Morning Star News
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vomcanada.com%2Fimages%2Fcountries%2Firan%2Fir-seven-sentenced-a18-sm
L to R: Pooriya Peyma, Fatemeh Talebi, Maryam Falahi,
Sam Khosravi, Habib Heydari, Sasan Khosravi, Marjan Falahi
Photo: Article 18

Seven Iranian Christian converts were sentenced on June 21st for "spreading propaganda against the state." The evidence used against them included possession of Christian books and symbols, holding home church meetings, and being in contact with Iranian "evangelists" abroad. All seven intend to appeal their sentences.
The sentences varied widely. Brothers Sam and Sasan Khosravi received a one-year prison term, followed by two years in exile. They have also been banned from resuming their work in the hospitality sector. Habib Heydari also received one year in prison but with no additional penalties. Pooriya Peyma received a 91-day prison sentence; the minimum required to ensure a criminal record. Sam and Sasan's wives, Maryam and Marjan, received fines of three to four months the average wage in salary. Maryam was also given a lifetime ban from working at any national institution -- a severe blow after two decades of service at a local hospital. Finally, Pooriya's wife Fatemeh was also fined.
Thankfully, new changes to Iran's criminal code were not applied in these cases. The recent amendment would have meant that those found guilty of "propaganda contrary to Islam" or "deviant psychological manipulation" could be labelled as 'members of a sect.' Such membership may result in more severe terms of imprisonment, fines, or even death. Additionally, these new changes target online ministries and virtual church meetings.
The new wording of the law appears to be an attempt to make such charges sound less religious in hopes of quelling international outrage. To learn more about the persecution of Christians in Iran, go to our country report.
Remember these seven Christians in your prayers as they face the challenges posed by these sentences, including their painful separation from loved ones and fellow believers. As their appeals are presented before the courts, may the Holy Spirit mediate on their behalf -- at the same time, working in the hearts of the country's governmental and judicial authorities. Intercede also for the many other followers of Christ who are serving time in prison or living in exile because of their faith. May their lives serve as vibrant testimonies for Christ wherever they happen to be located, assured that His presence will always be with them.
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vomcanada.com%2Fimages%2Fgeneral%2Fshare-a-prayerKEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vomcanada.com%2Fimages%2Fgeneral%2Fpnp-twitter-blueKEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vomcanada.com%2Fimages%2Fgeneral%2Fpnp-fb-blue.png&t=1595013150&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1cb4-91000101eb00&sig=x__ei.r0MZ7

PRAISE REPORT

SUDAN: Apostasy Laws Abolished
Sources: Release International, BBC, Mission Network News, Barnabas Fund
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vomcanada.com%2Fimages%2Fcountries%2Fsudan%2Fsu-sudan-people-flag-voa
Photo: Voice of America
After more than 30 years of Islamist rule, Sudan has passed a series of legal reforms. Two major changes involved the abolishment of public flogging and the repeal of apostasy laws for those leaving Islam. Other regulations relate to the consumption of alcohol, female mutilation, and the opportunity for women to travel with their children without having to obtain permission from their husbands.
"We will drop all the laws violating human rights in Sudan," claims Justice Minister Nasredeen Abdulbari, signalling that other changes may yet be coming. He further states that these changes are a way of safeguarding the rights of non-Muslims, who make up approximately three percent of the population. These changes reflect significant steps forward in the continuation of reforms announced this past April (read more). For an overview on the persecution encountered by Christians in Sudan, including access to previously posted reports, go to our country report.
Praise God for these encouraging changes to Sudan's legal system! Pray that these reforms will truly be a major step towards freedom of religion for all citizens. As the changes are being implemented in Sudanese society, and gradually in the lives of the people, continue to pray for Christians who still encounter opposition from their leaders and neighbours. May these believers be encouraged by the fact that though positive reforms are a 'work in progress,' they will eventually achieve greater freedoms and enhanced unity.
If you would like to post a prayer of praise or petition on behalf of our persecuted family around the globe, visit VOMC's prayer wall.
 KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vomcanada.com%2Fimages%2Fgeneral%2Fpnp-twitter-blueKEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vomcanada.com%2Fimages%2Fgeneral%2Fpnp-fb-blue.png&t=1595013150&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1cb4-91000101eb00&sig=x__ei.r0MZ7

The Persecution & Prayer Alert is a ministry of:
The Voice of the Martyrs Canada, P.O. Box 608, Streetsville, Ontario, L5M 2C1
Tel. (905) 670-9721 Website: www.vomcanada.com

The Voice of the Martyrs Canada | The Voice of the Martyrs Canada - Home

The Voice of the Martyrs Canada is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to helping, loving and encoura...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Jul 2020, 1:38 pm

A Word In Due Season

ORDAINED TO BRING FORTH FRUIT

Scripture:  John 15:16  "You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that you should go and bring forth fruit and that your fruit should remain."

God has ordained different places and missions for each of us to fulfill.  When we are in the place that He has ordained for us, we bring forth fruit and our fruit remains or continues to produce.  God blesses our efforts and our works do not return unto Him void but accomplish what He desires.  When God sends us forth, He meets every need for our journey, and regardless of the hardships, He provides a joy and a peace that passes all understanding.  This explains why ministers work so very hard for so very little, how pastors are able to cope with church politics, and why missionaries forsake all to travel to foreign fields and live in austere conditions.  It also explains why doctors and health care workers choose to sacrifice their lives to care for others and why policemen and soldiers put their lives in danger each day. They are chosen and ordained for such a work and are joyful in it.

It is very important to find the place that God has ordained for you because you must be planted in the right place to thrive and bring forth fruit.  Trying to fit into someone else's chosen place will only bring frustration and lack because God's gifts and His anointing is not there to sustain you.  God may choose to plant you in a large field or a small field but He makes no mistakes.  Wherever He places you, it will be a good plan for your life (Jeremiah 29:11).  Your particular calling includes a future and a hope and that future includes fruit that will remain throughout eternity.

Daniel 11:32 declares that in these last days, "The people who know their God shall be strong, and do exploits."  This is a different day and a new season.  God has chosen you and brought you to the kingdom for such a time as this and He wants you to fulfill Daniel's prophecy.  The Lord wants you to be strong and do mighty exploits in His Name.  This will only happen as you totally surrender your life to the Lord and allow Him to plant you in His chosen field.  When you yield yourself to His design, the fruit that He has ordained for your life will come forth and it will remain. +++

A Word In Due Season

SUFFERING FOR A SEASON

Scripture:  I Peter 5:10  "But the God of all grace, Who has called us unto His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered awhile, make you perfect, established, strengthen, and settle you."

Our Heavenly Father is the God of all grace.  There is nothing too big for Him to handle and no situation that outweighs His measure of grace.  There is no mountain too high, no valley too low, and no river too deep that will cause His grace to fail.  God's grace is and always will be sufficient for every need.  However, grace is only needed when there is a lack.  The scripture above tells us that God has called us unto His eternal glory, but His glory will only come to us as we pass through the process of suffering.

We all want to experience God's glory but we do not relish the thought of suffering to get there.  Like a piece of clay that must suffer through the process of being shaped into something useful, it is through suffering that God is able to mold us into the vessels that He wants us to be.  Peter said that the God of all grace deals with us until we are perfect or mature and complete in every way.  God does not leave the clay unfinished.  He completes our beings through fiery trials and adverse situations.  He also uses our seasons of suffering to establish us or make us resolute and steadfast in our direction, for when we suffer through various situations, we come out vowing never to be in those places again.  Through suffering, we are also strengthened in power as our thoughts toward God are confirmed in spiritual knowledge.  Seasons of suffering also settle our hearts and make sure our foundation.

You may wonder why God is so slow in turning your situation around.  The previous scriptures tell you what you should do during your season of suffering.  First, you must "humble yourself under the mighty hand of God" (I Peter 5 verse 6).  By demoting yourself, you allow God to rule and have dominion over you.  As you completely yield yourself to Him, He is able to finish His work within you.  Second, you are to "cast all of your cares upon Him" (Vs. 7).  He knows that you are in a tough place, but as you learn to let Him take all of your anxieties, worries, and concerns, it releases you from the power of the evil one.  You must also "be sober and vigilant" (Vs. 8).  Watching for the snares of the devil will keep you well-balanced and temperate.  Caution must be exercised at all times because the devil will try to use your suffering situation to destroy your faith.  Finally, you must realize that you are not alone and that suffering should not be considered something strange for those in the Kingdom of God.  "The same afflictions are happening with your brothers throughout the world" (Vs.9). 

You have an adversary that is going about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.  He is a desperate foe, but you can take refuge in the knowledge that God is the God of all grace, favor, and blessing.  So be encourage to know that God has called you into His eternal glory and He is in control.  He has designed your destiny and made sure that your suffering will only be for a season. +++
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 15 Jul 2020, 8:48 pm

More GREAT QUOTES
-SermonIndex

"I would rather teach one man to pray than ten men to preach."
- J. H. Jowett

"Continuing instant in prayer (Rom. 12:12). The Greek is a
metaphor taken from hunting dogs that never give over the game
till they have their prey." - Thomas Brooks

"There is no power like that of prevailing prayer, of Abraham
pleading for Sodom, Jacob wrestling in the stillness of the night,
Moses standing in the breach, Hannah intoxicated with sorrow,
David heartbroken with remorse and grief, Jesus in sweat of blood.
Add to this list from the records of the church your personal
observation and experience, and always there is the cost of
passion unto blood. Such prayer prevails. It turns ordinary mortals
into men of power. It brings power. It brings fire. It brings rain. It
brings life. It brings God." - Samuel Chadwick

"I ought to pray before seeing any one. Often when I sleep long, or
meet with others early, it is eleven or twelve o'clock before I begin
secret prayer." - Robert Murray M'Cheyne

"The men who have done the most for God in this world have been
early on their knees." - E. M. Bounds

"A man can not lead others where he is not willing to go himself.
Therefore, beware of the prayerless church leader who no longer
readily admits his own need for more of the person and power of
Jesus Christ. Only a seeking, praying heart can truly encourage
spiritual HUNGER in others!" - David Smithers

A Word In Due Season

GOD'S WORD TALKS
Scripture:  Proverbs 6:22  "God's commandments and laws "shall talk with you."

When God's Word talks, it is not an audible sound in the air, but the still small voice of His Spirit speaking to your inner being.  It is thoughts that come from God's Word that are written within your heart.  How many times have you started to do something questionable and a scripture or a thought from God came to your mind?  It brought correction so that you could discern right from wrong and also helped you to make the right choice.  That was God's Word talking.  King Solomon, who wrote this proverb, also said, "Bind the commandments and laws of God upon your heart and tie them around your neck."  When you have spiritually tied God's Word about your neck, it is like a yoke that will keep you going in the direction that God wants you to go.

This morning, as I was washing dishes, I started remembering an injustice that had been done to me several months ago.  I started having a mock conversation with the person who had treated me unjustly.  I said all the things that I never got to say when the situation occurred.  I was really telling the person off and they were not even around to hear it.  I finished the dishes and my complaining about the same time.  I then turned the page of my kitchen Bible scripture calendar for the day, and God's Word was there to talk to me.  The scripture on the calendar for the day was Psalms 39:1, "I will watch my ways and keep my tongue from sin; I will put a muzzle on my mouth."

God is awesome and His Word talked to me.  In just a moment of time His Spirit spoke to me through that simple word.  In my darkness, God's Word became light and He let me know that He did not want those meditations to consume my heart or those words to be spoken from my mouth.  God was not pleased with my murmuring and spoke frankly to my spirit suggesting that if necessary, I should put a muzzle on my mouth.  God wanted me to start the day in a joyful mood with fresh thanksgivings in my heart and praise upon my lips.  His Word corrected me and became a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.  It restored my joy and gave me beauty for ashes.  God can work with us in this manner when our hearts are full of His Word.  Make an effort to deposit His Words into your heart so that He can withdraw it and talk to you personally throughout the day.  When His Word talks to you, your life will be changed

PROVERBS 12:15
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes,
    but a wise man listens to advice.
WHATS' YOUR VIEW?

A recurring theme in the book of Proverbs is the contrast, between the foolish man and wise man.  In every case, the way of the fool leads to regret, but the way of the wise leads to blessing.  

In this passage, we learn that a fool is a person who will not listen to godly counsel; unfortunately, we see this attitude in the church far too often.  Especially when it comes to the matter of sin.  To rebuke or correct someone has become an issue of contention among the people of God.  One of the reasons is the fact that those who enjoy “correcting" their fellow believers are in no moral position to do so.  The other reason is that correction can be painful.  However, if we cannot receive correction, we will never grow to maturity in our faith.  Proverbs 12:1 says, “Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid."

Sin blinds us to the truth.  Often people come to us, and give advice and in most cases we do not receive it well.  We all like to protect ourselves, me included. We see ourselves right in our own eyes.

Are we open to people giving us advice, or are we so blind that we are constantly refusing it?  We need to have a reverence for God, an awareness of our frailty, and an openness to receive correction, no matter how much it hurts.  It is one thing to fall into sin; it is another to refuse instruction so that we can continue to live in it. Show me a Christian that refuses correction, and I will show you a Christian that is on their way to "God’s woodshed.”  A place of divine chastening that is far more painful than the instruction they rejected.  My advice:  Stay away from the woodshed!!  Receive Correction!!

Giving heed to Biblical correction is a sign of true Christian maturity.  

God bless you

KK

SERMONS

By Dennis Lyle

The lord of the Lampstands Revelation 1 37 minutes

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=7251070540

Ephesus the formal church Revelation 2:1-7 44 minutes

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=8110630290

Smyrna the fearful church Revelation 2:8-12

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=8810651522

Pergamos the faltering Church Revelation 2

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=8221063400

Guest devotion

The religion of the Bible!

(Samuel Davies, "The Divine Authority and Sufficiency of the Christian Religion")

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17 

The Scriptures give us sufficient instructions what we should believe. 
They are a sufficient rule of faith.

The Holy Scriptures give us complete directions in matters of practice. 
They are a sufficient rule of life. 
In short, in the sacred writings manifests the only worthy principles and vigorous springs of a suitable conduct . . .
  towards God,
  towards one another,
  and towards ourselves. 

The religion of the Bible has the direct tendency to promote true piety and solid virtue in the world. 

It is such a religion as befits a God to reveal. It is such a religion as we might expect from Him if ever He instituted any.

It is a religion intended and adapted to regulate self-love, and to diffuse the love of God and man through the world. 

It is a religion productive of every humane, social, and divine virtue, and directly calculated to banish sin out of the world. 

It is a religion which transforms . . .
  impiety, into devotion;
  injustice and oppression, into equity and universal benevolence;
  and sensuality, into sobriety!

It is a religion infinitely preferable to any that has been contrived by the wisest and best of mortals. 

And whence do you think could this godlike religion proceed? Does not its nature prove its origin to be divine? Does it not evidently bear the lineaments of its heavenly Author? Can you ever imagine that such a pure, such a holy, such a perfect system--could be the contrivance of wicked, infernal spirits, of selfish, artful priests, or politicians, or of a group of daring impostors, or wild enthusiasts?

"The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul.
 The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. 
 The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart.
 The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes. 
 The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever.
 The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous.
 They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold;
 they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb. 
 By them is your servant warned; 
 in keeping them there is great reward!" Psalm 19:7-11
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 13 Jul 2020, 8:09 pm

Ezekiel 33:22 wrote:Now the hand of the Lord had been upon me the evening before . . .
In the matter of judgment this may be the case, and if so, let me consider the reason for such a visitation and accept it as from His hand. I am not the only one who is chastened in the night season; let me cheerfully submit to the affliction and carefully endeavor to profit by it.
But the hand of the Lord may also be felt in another manner, strengthening the soul and lifting the spirit upward toward eternal things. O that I may in this sense feel the Lord dealing with me! A sense of the divine presence and indwelling bears the soul toward heaven as upon the wings of eagles.
At such times we are full to the brim with spiritual joy, and forget the cares and sorrows of earth; the invisible is near, and the visible loses its power over us. Servant-body waits at the foot of the hill, and the master-spirit worships upon the summit in the presence of the Lord. O that a hallowed season of divine communion may be granted to me this evening! The Lord knows that I need it very greatly.
My graces languish, my corruptions rage, my faith is weak, my devotion is cold; all these are reasons why His healing hand should be laid upon me. His hand can cool the heat of my burning brow and calm the turmoil of my palpitating heart. That glorious right hand that molded the world can renew my mind; the unwearied hand that bears the earth's huge pillars can sustain my spirit; the loving hand that encloses all the saints can cherish me; and the mighty hand that breaks in pieces the enemy can subdue my sins.
Why should I not feel that hand touching me this evening? Come, my soul, address God with the potent plea that Jesus' hands were pierced for your redemption, and you shall surely feel that same hand upon you that once touched Daniel and set him upon his knees that he might see visions of God.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 12 Jul 2020, 10:38 pm

[size=16][size=48]My Manna[/size]

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." 1 Peter 2:9.

Sometimes, even believers have trouble remembering their purpose in life. 

In the busyness of our day-to-day activities-
- it is rather easy to forget how wonderfully and purposefully designed we are in the eyes of our Creator. 

Yet 1 Peter 2:9-10 brings our focus back to God, showing us that He made us to be-

1. A chosen race. 
You did not have to fight for a place in the house of the Lord. 
Instead, He chose you. 

The God of the universe actively sought you out because He wanted an unending relationship with you. 
You were selected by God Himself!

2. A royal priesthood. 
In the days of the Old Testament, a king could not be a priest, and a priest could not be a king. 

The two offices were separate and distinct. 
However, in Christ, God has called every believer into a new category. 

We are now sons and daughters of the King, and we have unrestricted, intimate access to almighty God. 
We are royal priests.

3. A holy nation. 
The word holy simply means “set apart.” 

The Holy Spirit has sealed all believers as children of God. Eph. 4:30.
And nothing can ever dissolve their relationship with the Father.

4. God’s own possession. 
Do you realize how valuable you are to the heavenly Father? 

You are worth so much to Him that He purchased your eternal salvation at great cost: 
the life of His only Son. 1 Cor. 6:20.

Nothing about you takes our omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent God by surprise. 
He made you to be His representative in the world and therefore knows you completely. 

Does your life reflect your God-given position?
[/size]

[size=30][size=30] The Wednesday Word[/size]

Can God Use You?

[/size]
D.G. Miles McKee

[size]
A great warrior was once painted with his hand resting on his face, as if in contemplation. But the real purpose was to hide an ugly scar on his cheek.

The German emperor, Wilhelm II, was photographed and painted standing in such a position that his withered arm would not appear.

We all try, to some extent, to disguise our imperfections. However, in the Bible, people are presented just as they are. No scar of deformed character, however hideous, seems to ever be covered up.

This tells us, among other things, that Christ is building His kingdom with broken and flawed people. By contrast, in building their kingdoms, men of this world want only the strong, the successful and the slick. But God is not like that.  When choosing His workmen, Christ demonstrates that He is the God of the unsuccessful and the imperfect. He is the God of those who have failed.

The truth is, our strength lies neither in ourselves nor our perfections but in our message.  Christ is perfect, the gospel is finished, and it is in the proclamation of this message of Christ crucified that we have power in our ministry (Romans 1:16).

He is the God of the flawed, the defective and the damaged.

Take for example;
Moses was a stammerer.
John Mark was a reject who was sent home by Paul.
Timothy had constant stomach problems.
Amos' only training was in how to trim and prune fig trees.
Jacob was a liar.
David had an affair.
Abraham was too old.
David was too young..
Peter was afraid of a servant girl.
Lazarus was dead.
Naomi was a widow.
Paul was a murderer.
And so was Moses.
Jonah ran from God..
Miriam was a gossip.
Gideon and Thomas both doubted.
Jeremiah was depressed and suicidal.
Elijah took cold feet and ran away.
Martha was always worrying.
Mary may have been lazy.
Noah got drunk.
Moses was hot-tempered.

We are not an impressive lot, but Jesus is an impressive Saviour. He is superb in who He is and in all that He does. Consider this, He does not usually choose the mighty! ”For you see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: (1 Corinthians 1:26).

The committed Christian, Selina Hastings, Countess of Huntingdon (1707-1791) a mighty English noblewoman said of this scripture,  “Blessed be God, it does not say “any mighty,” “any noble”; it says, “many mighty,” “many noble.”
She then concluded, “I owe my salvation to the letter “m.”

But back to the main point, the truth is, we are so flawed that each one of us is unworthy to be called into the service of the Lord Jesus. Get used to it, but also know that there is no bruised reed whom Christ cannot restore and heal.  Not one of His people has gone beyond His grace.  Not one of us is useless.

Is there anything more useless than a piece of bone from a dead donkey?  Listen to this. There was once an old, exhausted donkey which just lay down and died. Along came the vultures, foxes and carnivores and picked off chunks of flesh from the dead beast and left it, a skeleton scorching in the flaming sun. Let me ask you, how can God use that donkey?  It’s useless.

Then along came Samson and gives us the answer. He needed a weapon with which to destroy God’s enemies.  He looked around and found…the dried-up jawbone of that old animal. And with that seemingly useless and worthless jawbone, he slew a thousand Philistines (see Judges 15:11–17).

Too many people have told you that you are useless, and that God has finished with you.. Oh, and yes, that quiet, accusing, inward voice has continually endorsed that sentiment.  But God doesn’t go down to Perfect Street to choose his material. God can and does use the unusable. Have you failed the Lord in the past? Take it to Jesus, confess your sins and then move on with life. You are made righteous by the blood of the lamb! (see Romans 5:9; Hebrews 9:22; 1 John 1:7; Romans 3:25).

If God can use the dead, dried jawbone of an old donkey, He can use you, and He can use me.

And that’s the Gospel Truth!

[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 11 Jul 2020, 7:32 pm

GREAT QUOTES of ENCOURAGEMENT

"This is our time on the history line of God. This is it. What will
we do with the one deep exhale of God on this earth? For we are
but a vapor and we have to make it count. We´re on. Direct us,
Lord, and get us on our feet." - Beth Moore

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at
things in life that don´t really matter." - Francis Chan

"If God is your partner, make your plans BIG!" - D.L. Moody

"Remember who you are. Don´t compromise for anyone, for any
reason. You are a child of the Almighty God. Live that truth."
- Lysa Terkeurst

"Life is wasted if we do not grasp the glory of the cross, cherish it
for the treasure that it is, and cleave to it as the highest price of
every pleasure and the deepest comfort in every pain. What was
once foolishness to us-a crucified God-must become our
wisdom and our power and our only boast in this world."
- John Piper

"God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His
promises, leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself."
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of
deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in
my eyes, and say, 'O God, forgive me,' or 'Help me.'"
- Billy Graham

"There is no one who is insignificant in the purpose of God."
- Alistair Begg

"We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly
disguised as impossible situations." - Chuck Swindoll

"God´s work done in God´s way will never lack God´s supplies."
- Hudson Taylor

First place!

​"He that loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he that loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." Matthew 10:37.

If Jesus has ever made a scary statement-
- one that causes me to examine my heart to its very core, it has to be Matthew 10:37. 

Read the scripture referenced above again. 

Now that is a stunning statement, one that challenges me to fully comprehend. 

That is because I love my wife. 
I love my children. 
I love my grandchildren and parents and siblings. 

I even love my in-laws. 
Because of my deep love for my family, Jesus' statement makes me very uncomfortable. 
In fact, it terrifies me.

Similar to God's statement to Abraham-
Jesus is saying that when it comes to our family members, 
Christ must be in ​​first place, 
- or else He will be in no place at all when it comes to our lives. 

As hard as that is to take in-
Christ wants to make it clear that if we want to follow Christ, He must be first. 

The fact is that if we love anyone (or anything) more than Jesus, we are not worthy of Him. 
And if that's not tough enough-
He goes on and says that we must love Him more than we love our own life itself. 

Jesus sets up high expectations for His followers. 
Am I willing to meet His expectations? 

I am, as tough as it is.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 07 Jul 2020, 6:24 pm

TODAYS DEVOTIONS

(It is not my intent to be a salesperson, just send uplifting and encouraging devotions, so all links I remove, but items that are in bold print, usually were linked, the attached PDF still has hot links or you can follow the link at the bottom to the devotion online)

Life, like nature, unfolds in seasons. Springtime mirrors childhood, full of new beginnings, and fresh hope, a time of innocence and discovery. Summer, like our teen years, simmers with white-hot passion and the illusion of invincibility. Autumn speaks of maturity, with its rich kaleidoscope of brilliant colors and settled calm. Finally, winter sneaks up and covers the ground with a blanket of white just as age brings a covering of settled rest and quiet contemplation.

As this fall season approaches, I find myself delighting in the autumn of my life - old enough to appreciate my blessings and young enough to engage them wholeheartedly. I find that I’ve come to a place of prominence just as my mother and grandmother did before me. I relish my new place and the responsibility that comes with it to set the tone for my family, celebrate our differences and speak blessing over each beloved family member.

I also appreciate my role in fostering our family bond. Let’s face it, family gatherings can be stressful due to differences of opinion, opposing political views, an unending to-do list, and all the traveling our modern families have to do to see each other. Therefore, I’m happy to prayerfully serve as peacemaker.

So before this busy fall season begins, I ask that you join me as we lift up our families (in all their messiness) to our heavenly Father, who loves us all and is the author of our peace. Won’t you pray with me now?

Dear Father, in Your beautiful book of Psalms, chapter 103 and verse 17, You give us this wonderful promise, “From everlasting to everlasting the Lord’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children.” What better promise could we receive from You in the autumn of our lives than to see our children and children’s children blessed with Your love and righteousness? We ask for Your hand of blessing on us as well. Bless us with strength to be there for those we love, and wisdom to know what to say to bring comfort, encouragement, and sometimes difficult truth. We will need Your patience as we wait for Your perfect will and way in each of our loved one’s lives. We are so grateful, Lord God. Amen.

Dear Lord, bless us with the strength and words to be there for those we love.

DAILY PRAYER

Lord we Thank and Praise you for all you do each day to guide, protect, provide, and answer every petition as they make their needs, wants, and the desires of their hearts known to you.

Lord please bless, keep, guide, and provide each person this message reaches. Throughout each day, bless them with perfect health, healing, and the abundant supply to fulfill all they need, want or desire.  Keep each of them safe and secure, no matter the weather, temperatures, or other circumstances that should try to cause their body, mind or our spirits to be tried and tested! Guide each of them as they pray, ask, and require. (2 Corinthians 5:18-21; Ephesians 6:10-20 ; Luke 1:1-4; Luke 18:1-8 ; Colossians 1:9-23; Romans 8:26-30)

Dear Lord in sharing the words of prayers and words of wisdom from history, I hope to encourage all my readers of these messages, to show that we are not experiencing anything that others have not, and to show that you always provide. Let the readers also reflect on the time and circumstances of these prayers and words of wisdom, so they may draw strength and insight from them.

God knows us through and through. Not the most secret thought, which we most hide from ourselves, is hidden from him. As then we come to know ourselves through and through, we come to see ourselves more as God sees us, and then we catch some little glimpse of his designs with us, how each ordering of his providence, each check to our desires, each failure of our hopes, is just fitted for us, and for something in our own spiritual state, which others know not of, and which, till then, we knew not. Until we come to this knowledge, we must take all in faith, believing, though we know not, the goodness of God toward us.

TODAYS DEVOTIONS

(It is not my intent to be a salesperson, just send uplifting and encouraging devotions, so all links I remove, but items that are in bold print, usually were linked, the attached PDF still has hot links or you can follow the link at the bottom to the devotion online)

“You’re so busy!” was a phrase I heard often. Each time someone said it, usually accompanied by a little nervous laughter, my smile would falter for a moment before I replied. I realized that I must have been wearing stress like a badge of honor.

When I walked into a room, I’d be huffing and puffing, rolling my eyes at the circus act that it took to bring three kids anywhere. It’s usually a sweaty mess because there are three bags to carry, three carseats to unbuckle, three jackets to zip kids into, six shoes to Velcro or tie, a double stroller to set up, and one mom juggling it all. But I was no different than any other mom of tiny children, and most of my friends seemed much calmer when arriving.

I’d hustle us from home to preschool to drive-thru to home, and from task to task to task once we were at home. Our days didn’t include more than part-time preschool, kindergarten, and church, but it was more than enough once we added in meals, snacks, laundry, vacuuming up dog hair, getting people dressed, packing lunches, work, and all the other daily items that cropped up.

I realized that if we continued to set a precedent of hustling and hurrying and rushing through our days, it wouldn’t set us up for success; instead, it would destroy us.

My to-do list was owning my heart. I was happy with the amount that I’d accomplish, yet I still felt like I hadn’t quite completed enough because of the tasks remaining. Often left on that list were my own well-being (like many women, I put myself last), cooking good meals (I wasn’t taking the time to make any kind of plan), and feeling like I hadn’t spent enough time truly being with my kids. That list of leftovers was giving me anxiety, overshadowing any peace from the items I’d actually checked off.

I was stretching like Mrs. Incredible — except real people aren’t made from elastic, and when stretched too thin, we snap. It had been months since I’d lived out my calmest scene — a steaming cup of cinnamon tea, my trusty old armchair, and a good book in my hands — because it felt self-indulgent. There was always more to accomplish; refreshing my heart wasn’t high on the to-do list.

I’d begun sacrificing the holiness of ordinary, everyday moments for hustled minutes, and I was not ok with that. I realized that slow is holy, that everything holy and ancient and worthwhile is slow.

Cooking real food.
Cleaning well.
Growing babies.
Planting a garden.
Changes of season.
Changes of heart.

All holy. All ancient. All worthwhile. All slow. Not a single one of them is something that can be hurried through.

This is no accident. God has not called us to rush and hurry and hustle through our days. He’s called us to be still, in so many words, in so many Scriptures:

Psalm 23 promises that He will lead us beside still waters and faithfully restore our souls.
Psalm 46:10 implores us to be still and to know that He alone is God.
Exodus 14:14 declares that if we are still, He will fight for us.
1 Samuel 12:16 bids us to stand still so we can see what He’s going to do.
Psalm 37:7 reminds us to be still and wait patiently for Him, even as others seem to be succeeding and moving ahead of us.

Since having these realizations, I’ve extracted myself from the hurried life I was living (and forcing onto my family). I’ve cleared space on the calendar, making room for friends and family and grace. When feasible, I’m writing fewer to-dos on my task list. I’m reconciling my desire for a badge of honor in busyness with what God says is honorable. That’s what I’m aiming for these days. I’m drinking more water and eating good food, bumping myself a notch higher on the list. We’re taking walks through the neighborhood as a family, reading more books at bedtime, and enjoying our time together. And I’m drinking tea in my armchair again.

This didn’t happen overnight; it’s taken a lot of time and intention. The siren song of a full calendar still sings, but its promises are empty and hollow. And now I know deep in my bones that with an emptier calendar or task list comes a fulfilled heart. At the end of the day, when I close my eyes and let my head hit the pillow, I no longer care about what’s left on my to-do list. All that’s left hanging over my head is love.

May we give God the space to do what He can only accomplish in our stillness. May we heed His call to be still. May we welcome rest and lean into the holiness of slow.

May we give God the space to do what He can only accomplish in our stillness.

Buddha, Mohammed, Confucius, Jesus

One of these individuals does not belong in this group.  Can you guess who it is?  If you said, Jesus, then you guessed right.  But it is important to note that Jesus is not merely “different” than these men: He is King of kings and Lord of lords.  Here are some more reasons why Jesus is more than just a great teacher...

1. Jesus is the Son of God

In Matthew 3, Jesus was baptized by in the Jordan by the prophet John the Baptist.  As He came out of the water, the heavens opened and His Father spoke saying, “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:16). There is no other person in human history whom God refers to as His Son.

2. Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary

Jesus is the only One who was conceived by the Holy Spirit.  In Luke 1, the Angel Gabriel appears to the Virgin Mary and declares to her that she had been chosen to give birth to the Son of God. 

3. Jesus died for ME

2 Corinthians 5:21 tells us that “He who knew no sin became sin for us, that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.”  Jesus is the only One who was willing and able to give His life for you and for me.  And it is His blood, and His blood alone that makes atonement for sin and makes us right with the living God.  

4. Jesus rose from the dead

Jesus is the only One who rose the dead.  Confucius, Mohammed, and Buddha died and they are still dead.  In Matthew 28, we have one of several accounts of Christ’ resurrection.  Mary goes to the grave of Jesus, expecting to anoint His body to slow the pace of decomposition.  However, she is met by an angel who tells her that He is not there, but that He is risen from the dead.  She then meets her saviour who is resurrected!  Her sorrow over the death of Christ is immediately replaced with the joy of knowing that He has risen. And it is His resurrection that sets Christianity apart from every other religion on earth.

5.. Jesus is the only way to God.

There are some that say there are several ways to get to God.  Jesus says in John 14:6, “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man comes to the Father, except they come through me.”  If you want to know God, you must go through Christ.  How do you do that?  By asking Him to forgive you of your sins, and inviting Him to come into your heart to be your Lord and Saviour.  

How does God save us?  He saves us by grace through faith.  Ephesians 2:8-9 say, “For by grace are you saved through faith, and not the of yourselves.  It is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast."

What will you receive when God saves you?

You will receive life in abundance, you will have God's Spirit living inside you as you go through life to guide and comfort you. You will have a new Christian family and you will have the assurance of heaven and eternal life. That abundant life starts here on earth as you have fellowship with God as your relationship with Him has been restored. There are millions across China and across the world, who have made this commitment and as someone who made it 40 years ago, it is the best thing I have ever done.

Are you ready to receive Jesus?  Say this simple prayer:

Father God, I realise that I am out of fellowship with You, because of my sin and I come before You, to ask that You would forgive my sin, because of the shed blood of your precious Son on the cross. I repent from every evil way and give my life over to You to use in any way You see fit. Thank You for making me a child of God and I will live for You and You alone. In Jesus name, amen

If you prayed that prayer, here is what you should do next:

Reply to my email, and let me know that you have received Jesus
Pray... Talk to God about everything.
Read the Bible. Start in the Gospel of John.
Fellowship... join with your brothers and sisters in the faith on Sunday and during the week.
Share... tell others what has happened to you.
Baptism.... be immersed in water.

God bless you!

Single sermons

The three marks of faith - Zelophehad's remarkable daughters
By Chalan Hetherington Numbers 36 50 minutes

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=5202054374991

How does Jesus reach out to me when my heart is broken By Charles Bonadies Genesis 29 36 minutes

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=129181617224512

Act like Men by John Macarthur 66minutes

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=6232020121704

O lord how majestic is your name by Sam Goodwin Psalm 8 42 minutes

O Lord, how majestic is..

O Lord, how majestic is..
Sam Goodwin | Covenant Fellowship Church
https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=6292020630132
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 05 Jul 2020, 6:34 pm

DAILY PRAYER

Lord please bless, keep, guide, and provide each person this message reaches. Throughout each day, bless them with perfect health, healing, and the abundant supply to fulfill all they need, want or desire.  Keep each of them safe and secure, no matter the weather, temperatures, or other circumstances that should try to cause their body, mind or our spirits to be tried and tested! Guide each of them as they pray, ask, and require. (2 Corinthians 5:18-21; Ephesians 6:10-20;Luke 1:1-4; Luke 18:1-8; Colossians 1:9-23; Romans 8:26-30)

Dear Lord in sharing the words of prayers and words of wisdom from history, I hope to encourage all my readers of these messages, to show that we are not experiencing anything that others have not, and to show that you always provide. Let the readers also reflect on the time and circumstances of these prayers and words of wisdom, so they may draw strength and insight from them. Amen

God knows us through and through. Not the most secret thought, which we must hide from ourselves, is hidden from him. As then we come to know ourselves through and through, we come to see ourselves more as God sees us, and then we catch some little glimpse of his designs with us, how each ordering of his providence, each check to our desires, each failure of our hopes, is just fitted for us, and for something in our own spiritual state, which others know not of, and which, till then, we knew not. Until we come to this knowledge, we must take all in faith, believing, though we know not, the goodness of God toward us.

TODAYS DEVOTIONS

(It is not my intent to be a salesperson, just send uplifting and encouraging devotions, so all links are removed, linked items are in bold print, the attached PDF still has hot links or you can follow the link at the bottom to view the devotion online)

Stars and Stripes
by Missey Butler

Every year our country celebrates the fourth of July by proudly displaying our beloved banner of red, white, and blue, also known as “Old Glory.”
But there is an even more popular name associated with this patriotic pennant, one that many affectionately know as "the Stars and Stripes."
Americans of all ages look to our flag with a deep sense of pride, while at the same time, oohing and ahhing as she majestically unfurls against the fountains of fireworks and booming explosions of sparkling color … a dazzling sight to behold!
Another set of stars and stripes constitutes our yearly celebration of independence as well. It is found within the pages of Holy Scripture and was spoken of some 2,000 years ago, long before our nation even existed.
We begin with the stars.
Matthew 2:2 says,
"Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him." (NIV)
The birth of Jesus was the promise of a Savior, One who would save His people from their sins. He faithfully walked the Via Delarosa (the path of suffering), so that you and I might know what true liberty really is.
Let us consider now, the stripes. 1 Peter 2:24 says,
"Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed." (NKJV)
By the very stripes (wounds and scourging) that Jesus took upon Himself, you and I have been made completely whole. What a glorious truth this present-tense reality holds.
“For by His stripes we are healed," (not [size=16]were healed, not will be healed) … but are healed!

He paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we could now, today, (this 4th of July) live in complete liberty from everything that would try to hold us captive and bound. That is, anything that would try to keep us from the glorious liberty that Christ has already purchased for us!
So you see, we not only celebrate our nation’s independence from a monarchy of oppressive rule, but we commemorate our sacred stars and stripes as the divine representations of our future hope as a nation.
As our grand old flag, sown together with the beautiful symbols of the “Stars and Stripes proudly waves across our shores, she will always, graciously, humble herself and give honor where honor is due.
She will give honor to the one who died, in order that we as a nation might live.
Philippians 2:10 proclaims,
"... every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord." (NKJV)
Until we are all set free within this sweet land of liberty, we will rejoice in our salvation, and in the name of our God we will fly our banner, high and lifted up … for all the world to see!
"You have given a banner to those who fear You, that it may be displayed because of the truth." (Psalm 60:4, NKJV)
Copyright © Missey Butler, used with permission.[/size]

A HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY. . ..
Common sense has been replaced by “political correctness”. 

KISSES OF FORGIVENESS      
"But when he came to himself, he said, 'How many of my father's hired servants have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you, and I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Make me like one of your hired servants."'  "And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. And the son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.' "But the father said to his servants,'Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.'" [Luke 15. 17 - 24] 

This story comes from the parable that MESSIAH Y’SHUA told about the lost son, more commonly known as the prodigals’ son. The text continues stating that the father not only forgave the young son, but also had his servants quickly "bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." [Luke 15. 22 - 24] 

The Robe is a covering of nakedness. The Ring shows ownership (we are a child of GOD)Sandals are symbolically illustrates our readiness for service. Feasting on the fatted Calf indicates complete fellowship. When our sins are forgiven we receive the same for GODrobe of righteousness covers our nakedness, our sins. 

We, the children of GOD MOST HIGH will be completely clothed in HISrighteousness by "the riches of HIS goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering" [Romans 2:4], which led to provide our eternal salvation. For those who have been saved, Paul writes of "the riches of HIS glory on the vessels of mercy, which Hhad prepared beforehand for glory."[Romans 9. 23] 

In seeing the great plan of GOD for both Jews and Gentiles, he exclaimed— "Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of GOD! How unsearchable are HIS judgments and HIS ways past finding out!" [Romans 11. 33] In CHRIST THE ANOINTED ONE are "hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." [Colossians 2. 3] 

When Paul wrote to the church in Ephesians, he reminded them that MESSIAH had redeemed them through HIS precious blood and forgave their sins "according to the riches of HIS grace" eager for them to understand "the riches of the glory of HIS inheritance in the saints." He told them that "GOD, WHO is rich in mercy" had saved them that sequentially "in the ages to come Hmight show the exceeding riches of HIS grace in HIS kindness toward us in CHRIST JESUS."[Ephesians 1. 7, 18; 2. 4, 7] 

In summarizing all these true riches which are — mercy, glory, grace, goodness, wisdom, knowledge, boldness, confidence — Paul spoke of "theunsearchable riches of CHRIST, and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in GOD WHO created all things through JESUS CHRIST; to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of GOD might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places."[Ephesians 3.. 8 - 10]  

Truly, "For since the beginning of the world men have not heard or perceived by the ear, no eye has seen any GOD besides YOU, WHO acts for the one who waits for HIM." [Isaiah (Yeshayah) 64. 4 Tanakh, Nevi’im] "For behold! I am creating a new heavens and a new earth; the former things shall not be remembered or come to mind." [Isaiah (Yeshayah) 65. 17Tanakh, Nevi’im] "I am the LORD, your HOLY ONE, the CREATOR of Israel, your KING." [Isaiah (Yeshayah) 43. 15 Tanakh, Nevi’im] "For as the new heavens and the new earth which I will make shall remain before ME— says the LORD — So shall your descendants and your name remain." [Isaiah(Yeshayah) 66. 22 Tanakh, Nevi’im]  Paul reestablished these texts by summarizing, "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which GOD has prepared for those who love HIM." [1 Corinthians 2. 9] Thru HIS SPIRIT, GOD reveals HIS wondrous riches to man. 

Sha'alu (Pray) for the Shalom (Peace) of Jerusalem and all of Israel!
“Blessed be the LORD forevermore! Amen and Amen.” [Psalms 89:52]
O LORD, pardon the sins, transgressions and iniquities which we have committed before YOU. Purify us of all our errors and iniquities so that our life may be worthy of the name we bear and our home become a sanctuary consecrated to YOUR PRESENCE and dedicated to righteousness. Humbled by the sense of our weakness and our guilt, we ask YOU, O GOD of our fathers, to help us to serve YOU in sincerity and in truth; and in serving YOU, may our example help to lead many to YOU
Remember to celebrate and be grateful for your redemption.
"Shalom
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 02 Jul 2020, 7:07 pm

Pastoral admonitions
"Be an example to all believers in what you teach, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity." 1 Timothy 4:12

"A preacher's life should be a commentary of his doctrine;
 his practice should be a counterpart of his sermons.
 Heavenly doctrines should always be adorned with a heavenly life." Thomas Brooks

"We preach to people who must live forever . . .
   in Heaven, or Hell;
   with God, or devils;
   in an eternity of joy, or of torment!" 
Thomas Doolittle

"Watch your life and doctrine closely." 1 Timothy 4:16

"An over-attachment to human learning has been the very bane of vital, spiritual, experimental godliness!" John Newton

"The chief means for attaining wisdom and suitable gifts and graces for the Christian ministry, are the Holy Scriptures and prayer." John Newton

"A man cannot be a faithful minister, until he preaches Christ for Christ's sake--until he gives up striving to attract people to himself, and seeks only to attract them to Christ!" Robert Murray M'Cheyne

"There is not a sermon which is heard, but it sets us nearer to Heaven or Hell!" John Preston

"The preaching of the Word is that lattice where Jesus looks forth and shows Himself to His saints." Thomas Watson

"Preaching is that ordinance of God, sanctified for the begetting of faith, for the opening of the understanding, and for the drawing of the will and affections to Christ." Richard Sibbes

"Sound doctrine and holy living are the marks of true pastors." J.C. Ryle

"The lives of ministers oftentimes convince more strongly than their words. 
 Their tongues may persuade, but their lives command!" Thomas Brooks

"Preaching that costs nothing, accomplishes nothing." J.H. Jowett

A HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY. . .
Many people speak with tremendous authority from the depths of their self-induced ignorance and cannot see they are actually in bondage. 

SIGNS- SUN, MOON, STARS    
"When the LORD delivered the Amorites before the children of Israel, Joshua spoke to the LORD; he said in the presence of the Israelites: —Stand still, O sun, at Gibeon, O moon, in the Valley of Aijalon! — So the sun stood still and the moon halted, while the nation wreaked revenge upon its enemies. Thus the sun halted in mid-heaven, and did not press on to set for a whole day; for the LORD fought for Israel. Neither before nor since has there ever been such a day, when the LORD heeded the words spoken by a man." [Joshua (Yehoshua) 10. 12- 14 Tanakh, Nevi'im] 

When Joshua and the children of Israel encountered an alliance of nations under a leader who called himself, "Adoni-Zedek (lord ofrighteousness)." However, the ONLY TRUE GOD WHO alone is righteous, defeated and crushed this pompous, egotistical heathen. The SUPREME ONEfought for Israel by casting down large hailstones from heaven on them and there were more who died from the hailstones than the children of Israel killed with the sword. [Joshua/Yehoshua 10. 11] 

As from the beginning, so will the end be, CREATOR GOD will again use the sun, moon and stars as signs of HIS return. The UTMOST HIGH & LOFTY LORDGOD will thus commence HIS judgments on the unbelieving world. "Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken." [Matthew 24.29] "The sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood." [Revelation 6. 12] "A third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them were darkened. A third of the day did not shine, and likewise the night."[Revelation 8. 12] 

The five kings who fought alongside Adoni-Zedek fled and hid themselves in a cave. And Joshua and the men of Israel put their feet on the necks of these enemies, then killed them. [Joshua/Yehoshua 10. 16 - 24] Likewise, in Revelation we see that "the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains and said to the mountains and rocks — Fall on us and hide us from the face of HIM WHO sits on the Throne and from the wrath of the LAMB! For the Great Day of HIS wrath has come, and who is able to stand?" [Revelation 6. 15 - 17] 

"Put in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe; Come and tread, for the winepress is full, the vats are overflowing! For great is their wickedness.  Multitudes upon multitudes in the Valley of Decision ('EmeqCharuts)! For the Day of the LORD is at hand in the Valley ofDecision. Sun and moon are darkened, and stars will withdraw their brightness.  And the LORD will roar from Zion, and shout aloud from Jerusalem, so that heaven and earth tremble; but the LORD will be aSHELTER to HIS people, a REFUGE to the children of Israel. And you shall know that I the LORD GOD dwell in Zion, MY Holy Mount. And Jerusalem shall be holy; nevermore shall strangers pass through it."[Joel (Yoel) 3. 13 – 17 Tanakh, Nevi'im] 

In the chaotic world we live in today, we need not be afraid or dismayed. However, we who are in MESSIAH Y’SHUA are to be strong and courageous knowing the KING OF GLORY will do the fighting for us. "Then comes the end, when HE delivers the Kingdom to GOD THE FATHER, when HE puts an end to all [other] rule and all authority and power. For HE must reign till HE has put all enemies under HIS feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death." [1 Corinthians 15. 24 - 26]  We are more then conquerors — "for those who fear HIS NAME, the SUN OFRIGHTEOUSNESS shall arise with healing in HIS wings." [Malachi/Malakhi 4.2] It will be worth it all when we see our LORD, KING JESUS!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 01 Jul 2020, 7:07 pm

Buddha, Mohammed, Confucius, Jesus

They are all basically saying the same thing; and after all they were just men... right... well, no!

Let me give you 8 reasons:

1.  All Creation speaks of Him.

Jesus is fully God with His Father and He was before all things and He created all things. He is the sustainer of all things and He made all things. The Bible makes it clear that He was before all things and created all things. If you read John 1 and Colossians 1:15-17, you will clearly see this.

2.  Jesus is the grand subject of Scripture.

He is mentioned on the first page of Scripture and He is mentioned on the last. Virtually every page points to Him: either foretelling His first coming, sharing His incredible story while here on earth, or sharing how He will come again.

His birth, death and resurrection were foretold hundreds of years before these events happened. Seven hundred prophecies relate to His first coming, and every one has come true.

3.  Jesus had a supernatural conception.

We are all conceived in the same way. One man and one woman. But Jesus was conceived differently, God supernaturally placed His son in the womb of a Jewish virgin, thus He was without sin. Jesus was unblemished from sin.

4.  Jesus lived a simple and sinless life.

He was the first-born son of Joseph and Mary, and He had a normal childhood. He did all the things normal children do; He played with his brothers and sisters, went to school, etc. He obeyed His parents in everything, and He became the main breadwinner in the family. He was a skilled carpenter, and everything He made was totally perfect. He knew every temptation we face and He overcame every one of them. He faced every emotion we ever have and defeated all of them. Because He faced everything we face, we can trust Him to help us when we face up to that temptation or bad emotion: Hebrews 4:15!

5.  Jesus sacrificed His life.

Why did Jesus come to earth? What was His purpose? Why would He die?

Man cannot reach up to God, because of sin; so God had to reach down to man. Only someone who could pay the perfect sacrifice and could stand in our place and take our punishment could do it. It had to be a lamb without spot or blemish, and that was Jesus.

[size=16]Jesus died in our place and died the death that was meant for you, so that we, the unrighteous, could be made right with God.[/size]

There is a large gap in a gorge. You cannot jump across it. There is an eternal gap between you and God, and the only way it can be bridged is by the cross of Calvary. The perfect sacrifice of Jesus pays for our sin and His blood (death) cleanses us from all sin.

6. Jesus stunned us with His resurrection.

This wasn't a magic trick! Jesus arose bodily from the dead. Was He dead? The Romans, who were expert executioners, made sure of that! Did the disciples steal the body? No... they were a frightened bunch hiding in fear. Did the Jewish authorities take the body? Well, when the disciples started preaching about Jesus, they could have said, "Here's the body of Jesus; what you are saying is total rubbish," and Christianity would have collapsed in a few days.

No one else has ever risen from the dead This is unique to Christianity. The tomb is empty. The tomb of every major religious figure still has their remains in it, but Jesus lives!

7. Jesus will have a sudden return.

Jesus promised His disciples that he would return to earth. We don't know when. He has given us clues all through the New Testament, and He warns that we must be ready. When He does return, there will be no second chances. Many times the Bible states that we have to make up our minds today, before it's too late.

8. Jesus is the only one who can sort out your life.

Because of all the above, Jesus is the only one who can deal with the mess that man created in his/her life. This is because He deals with the root of the problem, which is sin and separation from God. He brings us into right fellowship with God and then He starts the life-long process of changing us.

Jesus is the only One who can mend broken marriages, save drug addicts and make people who are broken new again. When your computer goes wrong, you take it to the shop and it gets wiped clean. All the rubbish gets taken off, all the viruses etc. That is what Jesus does when He saves and transforms a person. He wipes the slate completely clean and gives them new life.

How can this happen?

The Philippian jailer asked, "What must I do to be saved?" (Acts 16:31). The answer from Paul was believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved.

The crowd in Jerusalem asked "What shall we do?" Peter said, "Repent!" Acts 2:38.

There are two elements: faith - reaching out to grasp God's grace, and repentance - breaking away from your old life. It means turning round and walking in the opposite direction. Are you prepared to take these steps?

What you will give up?

Your whole life: you are His. Jesus is now in the driver's seat. But He has never disappointed anyone who has to come to trust Him fully. Count the cost of turning from your sin and to commit your life to Jesus.

What you will receive?

Complete forgiveness of sin! Life in abundance, you will have God's Spirit living inside you as you go through life to guide and comfort you. You will have a new Christian family and you will have the assurance of heaven and eternal life where you will be with God forever. That starts here on earth; you have fellowship with God as your relationship with Him has been restored.

Your response:

There are millions across China and across the world, who have made this commitment and as someone who made it 40 years ago, it is the best thing I have ever done.

[size=16]If you want to make this commitment as an expression of your sincere desire to be saved from God's judgment and receive life and salvation only in Him, then say this prayer below. But please remember, saying a prayer won't save you. This prayer should be the true desire of your heart. It's not about the words, but your willingness to give your life to Him.  [/size]

"Father God, I realise that I am out of fellowship with You, because of my sin: and I come before You, to ask that You would forgive my sin, because of the shed blood of Your precious Son on the cross. I repent from every evil way and give my life over to You to use in any way You see fit. Thank You for making me a child of God and I will live for You and you alone. In Jesus Name.. amen."

What to do now?

Pray... Talk to God about anything.

Read the Bible; start in the Gospel of John.

Fellowship... join with your brothers and sisters in the faith on Sunday and during the week.

Baptism... be immersed in water.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 29 Jun 2020, 8:26 pm

[size=16]Buddha, Mohammed, Confucius, Jesus

They are all basically saying the same thing; and after all they were just men... right... well, no!

Let me give you 8 reasons:

1.  All Creation speaks of Him.

Jesus is fully God with His Father and He was before all things and He created all things. He is the sustainer of all things and He made all things. The Bible makes it clear that He was before all things and created all things. If you read John 1 and Colossians 1:15-17, you will clearly see this.

2.  Jesus is the grand subject of Scripture.

He is mentioned on the first page of Scripture and He is mentioned on the last. Virtually every page points to Him: either foretelling His first coming, sharing His incredible story while here on earth, or sharing how He will come again.

His birth, death and resurrection were foretold hundreds of years before these events happened. Seven hundred prophecies relate to His first coming, and every one has come true.

3.  Jesus had a supernatural conception.

We are all conceived in the same way. One man and one woman. But Jesus was conceived differently, God supernaturally placed His son in the womb of a Jewish virgin, thus He was without sin. Jesus was unblemished from sin.

4.  Jesus lived a simple and sinless life.

He was the first-born son of Joseph and Mary, and He had a normal childhood. He did all the things normal children do; He played with his brothers and sisters, went to school, etc. He obeyed His parents in everything, and He became the main breadwinner in the family. He was a skilled carpenter, and everything He made was totally perfect. He knew every temptation we face and He overcame every one of them. He faced every emotion we ever have and defeated all of them. Because He faced everything we face, we can trust Him to help us when we face up to that temptation or bad emotion: Hebrews 4:15!

5.  Jesus sacrificed His life.

Why did Jesus come to earth? What was His purpose? Why would He die?

Man cannot reach up to God, because of sin; so God had to reach down to man. Only someone who could pay the perfect sacrifice and could stand in our place and take our punishment could do it. It had to be a lamb without spot or blemish, and that was Jesus.

[size=16]Jesus died in our place and died the death that was meant for you, so that we, the unrighteous, could be made right with God.[/size]

There is a large gap in a gorge. You cannot jump across it. There is an eternal gap between you and God, and the only way it can be bridged is by the cross of Calvary. The perfect sacrifice of Jesus pays for our sin and His blood (death) cleanses us from all sin.

6. Jesus stunned us with His resurrection.

This wasn't a magic trick! Jesus arose bodily from the dead. Was He dead? The Romans, who were expert executioners, made sure of that! Did the disciples steal the body? No... they were a frightened bunch hiding in fear. Did the Jewish authorities take the body? Well, when the disciples started preaching about Jesus, they could have said, "Here's the body of Jesus; what you are saying is total rubbish," and Christianity would have collapsed in a few days.

No one else has ever risen from the dead This is unique to Christianity. The tomb is empty. The tomb of every major religious figure still has their remains in it, but Jesus lives!

7. Jesus will have a sudden return.

Jesus promised His disciples that he would return to earth. We don't know when. He has given us clues all through the New Testament, and He warns that we must be ready. When He does return, there will be no second chances. Many times the Bible states that we have to make up our minds today, before it's too late.

8. Jesus is the only one who can sort out your life.

Because of all the above, Jesus is the only one who can deal with the mess that man created in his/her life. This is because He deals with the root of the problem, which is sin and separation from God. He brings us into right fellowship with God and then He starts the life-long process of changing us.

Jesus is the only One who can mend broken marriages, save drug addicts and make people who are broken new again. When your computer goes wrong, you take it to the shop and it gets wiped clean. All the rubbish gets taken off, all the viruses etc. That is what Jesus does when He saves and transforms a person. He wipes the slate completely clean and gives them new life.

How can this happen?

The Philippian jailer asked, "What must I do to be saved?" (Acts 16:31). The answer from Paul was believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved.

The crowd in Jerusalem asked "What shall we do?" Peter said, "Repent!" Acts 2:38.

There are two elements: faith - reaching out to grasp God's grace, and repentance - breaking away from your old life. It means turning round and walking in the opposite direction. Are you prepared to take these steps?

What you will give up?

Your whole life: you are His. Jesus is now in the driver's seat. But He has never disappointed anyone who has to come to trust Him fully. Count the cost of turning from your sin and to commit your life to Jesus.

What you will receive?

Complete forgiveness of sin! Life in abundance, you will have God's Spirit living inside you as you go through life to guide and comfort you. You will have a new Christian family and you will have the assurance of heaven and eternal life where you will be with God forever. That starts here on earth; you have fellowship with God as your relationship with Him has been restored.

Your response:

There are millions across China and across the world, who have made this commitment and as someone who made it 40 years ago, it is the best thing I have ever done.

[size=16]If you want to make this commitment as an expression of your sincere desire to be saved from God's judgment and receive life and salvation only in Him, then say this prayer below. But please remember, saying a prayer won't save you. This prayer should be the true desire of your heart. It's not about the words, but your willingness to give your life to Him.  [/size]

"Father God, I realise that I am out of fellowship with You, because of my sin: and I come before You, to ask that You would forgive my sin, because of the shed blood of Your precious Son on the cross. I repent from every evil way and give my life over to You to use in any way You see fit. Thank You for making me a child of God and I will live for You and you alone. In Jesus Name.. amen."

What to do now?

Pray... Talk to God about anything.

Read the Bible; start in the Gospel of John.

Baptism... be immersed in water.

SERMON SERIES

Paul on Mars hill by Jeff Arthur.. 7 sermons.. click and choose

This is an awesome series, please listen, such an investment of your time

https://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?subsetitem=Mars+Hill+Series&subsetcat=series&keyword=elizabethbaptist&SourceOnly=true&includekeywords=&ExactVerse=

Single sermons[/size]

The Most lovely Christian by William Dyer 5 minutes

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=925091938431

Seven secrets of Paul's Joy By Nigel glenndinning Phil 1:12 40 minutes

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=3241910341145

What is a Christian? by Gerard Hemmings Acts 26 32minutes

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=620201632151511
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 21 Jun 2020, 11:10 pm

[size=16]This is a momentous time to live in , this year has been like no year, I have ever lived through.

I am seeking to share first of all with the body of Christ and then with the wider world.

This study/open letter has been written from a biblical viewpoint and has been proofread and checked by a dearly beloved black brother.

I know that what I say may upset people, I am prepared for this. Please share this with all your social media groups, contacts and please print out and share with your church members. If you wish to place in your local newspaper, please feel free to do so.

Let me say I love people of every colour, my wife is Chinese

WHAT TRULY MATTERS TODAY

Our world is facing some very troubling times.  Man, in his depravity has chosen to reject the gospel and live on his own terms.  The result has created a world filled with chaos and confusion.  Racism is not the problem; it is the symptom.  The real problem is sin.  Man is depraved, and on his best days he falls short of the glory of God.  

The only cure for sin, racism, discrimination and hatred is Christ.  He is still the answer.  As Christians, we must show the world what real love looks like.  There should be no sign of racism or bias among those who believe in Christ.  Regardless of colour, we are all members of the Body of Christ, and we are all one in Him.  A Christian who discriminates against others because of the colour of their skin, brings shame to the gospel which speaks love, forgiveness, but also preaches that there is a day of judgement and justice for all

Christians are not called to transform the world through politics or other natural means.  We are called to proclaim the truth of the gospel, and look to God to change the hearts of men/women by His power.

As long as man chooses to live apart from God, our society will only get worse.  The timeless truth of the scriptures is just as relevant today as they were hundreds of years ago.  

So, what does the Bible have to say in these times:

First of all, let's get this right, all forms of racism are wrong, whether in thought or action. Remember your thoughts are seen by God, your motives are seen by God. (Read I John)

When God saves people, he does not look at the colour of people's skin; remember what God told Samuel when he was looking at Jesse's sons.  God looks at the heart of man, and not his outward appearance.  We have to look at people how God looks on them, God does not save on a colour basis, his mercy and grace is poured out on us, just because he loves us. 

How can we who have received God’s mercy and grace, not show mercy and grace to others?

Will we be judge for the way we treat others?   In the judgement, Jesus separates the sheep from the goats.  His reason for separating them was based on how they treated those who were different.

We are told to renew our minds by the word of God, that means we must get rid of the world's stinking thinking, every thought that opposes God must be taken into captivity 2 Corinthians 10:4-5.

Let me address something. Any Christian of whatever colour supports or holds affiliation with organizations that promote any type of racism, such as the KKK and the ilk,  members of these organisations need to be told to leave the church. If you as a pastor know of any members who are doing this, they should be lovingly confronted of their sin and be subject to biblical discipline.

We are told by some that they are seeking justice for years and years of discrimination and I understand that there is deep hurt and pain caused by the actions of certain people, each and every community can point to this and that wrong. There is deep and real hurt, people think there is no justice, people think no one sees these injustices.

But God sees all the injustices, he doesn't miss anything and he will see that justice is done. We are not to take justice into our own hands, to do this is sin. However, we are to stand up for those who are mistreated and who suffer injustices.  

To the rest of us, we are told in Romans 12-14 to respect the authorities that are over us.  The Apostle Paul was writing to Christians in Rome, an empire that was pagan and anti-Christian. Paul was saying to the Roman Christians, you should be obedient to the authorities, look at what he was saying, be obedient to Nero!  Are you joking!? He's a nutter, I'm not obeying him. But he was saying this. Whether we like it or not, we are to be obedient to those over us, firstly in a secular sense and also in a spiritual sense. Pastors have to teach the truth such as Romans 13

So, what are Christians to do:

They are to examine their lives in the light of Scripture; if we are truly a church and an individual like our Saviour, then we won't have one scrap of Racism in us.

Here are some things, you can do

First of all, we are to repent of every thought and action of racism and pride. God hates pride. He detests it, whether in speech or action. Remember, we can hide our thoughts from everyone except God.  He sees everything. We need to come into a renewed relationship with God through repentance and faith. Proverbs 6:16-19

Secondly, we have to surrender our hearts to God, and love like Christ has called us to.  We have to love deeply, not just to our own communities, but to people of other communities. We are not told just to love black people, white people or Chinese people. Love does not look at colour, it sees above colour.

Thirdly, we have to serve each other, and not just to people of our own colour, but to go outside of our race and serve those both in the body of Christ and outside.  

Have you any friends, who are of a different colour?  If so, why not?

When was the last time you really served brothers and sisters of another colour?

What would happen if a black person walked into your white only church? Or a white person walked into your black only church?

BTW The church should not be classified by colour, it's time to stop having our white only and black only churches

Another thing we can do is forgive.  If we do not forgive, God will not forgive us, that stands for communities, churches and individuals. How many times are we told to forgive?. Look at the millions of sins, God forgives us, but we can't forgive others. Bitterness will destroy your life and the life of your community, let it fester and it will eat away at society until that society is nothing but skin and bones.

Pray, you know this seems like the easiest thing to do, but in reality, it is the hardest thing to do. When Moses prayed in Exodus 17, he had to have his arms lifted up.  Prayer is hard work.  Prayer comes at a cost. Consider Jesus, Paul, Daniel and others.

Respect authority, Romans 13 states that the government is the minister of God to us (Romans 13:2). If you resist the government and government agencies, then you resist what God has divinely appointed. Every Christian,  the only time we should disobey the government is when it requires us to renounce our faith.

Finally, we as Christians, have to share the gospel. The greatest need for every human is to have a new heart. Christ saves and He transforms, people's lives.  Jesus is the only One who can turn our hearts from hate to love as the supernatural love of God floods our hearts. 

One reason why our society appears to be in shambles is because the church has failed go into all the world and make disciples of all men. We are called to be salt and light, but the salt has lost its purity and many churches are not lighting the world. We need to re-dedicate ourselves to the Great Commission and declare the love of God to a fallen human race.

Read James 2 vs 1-13.

Let me ask you a question, what would happen if a white person and a black person came into your church, would you give the white person the best seat and let the black person take the back seat?

Black Lives Matter (AS DOES EVERYONE'S) to God and they should matter to those of us who are His children. When we start treating every race with love, dignity and respect, we will see transformation in our society, and such issues like abortion, rape, and murder will decline…there is an organization in America runs a program that instils love and confidence in black teenagers.  The crime rate, and pregnancy rate among those who participate in the program is zero.  100% of the teenagers attend college, and many of them come back to mentor others who go through the program.  Transformation, not legislation is the answer.

As Christians, let us be the light to the world by showing unconditional love to all regardless of their colour.

There is an answer to racism..

It's called the 

GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST

Let's proclaim it and live it.. amen

God bless you

KK

SERMONS[/size]

Please listen to these four sermons 

Racism..is there an answer? by Carl Kirby.. this is so wonderful

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=11606143657

Being a good citizen of America (or any country) by Jeff arthur 1 peter 2

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=12708232347

All governments are from God by Comrad mbewe Romans 13

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=78181458284

Gospel sermon by Chalan hetherington

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=52020552555600
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 14 Jun 2020, 12:03 am

Sermons

Please listen to the wonderful series on Joseph by Pastor Chalan Hetherington, I have been so blessed by these, there are 13 sermons, just click on the link and choose which one to listen to

https://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?sourceOnly=true&currSection=sermonssource&keyword=chalan1689&subsetcat=series&subsetitem=The+Life+of+Joseph
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fvps.sermonaudio.com%2Fresize_image%2Fsources%2Fpodcast%2F300%2F300%2Fchalan1689-02.jpg&t=1592049506&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1ccf-64000101f800&sig=mcX2qK_NesssH2aW5OhjBennetts End Baptist Church
Pastor Chalan Hetherington | Hertfordshire, England
www.sermonaudio.com

GENESIS  2

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat[ of it you shall surely die.”

chapter 3:2-5

And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden, 3 but God said, ‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’”
’” 4 But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. 5 For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

LUKE 10:18

18 And he said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven."

ISAIAH 14:12-15

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

THE FALL GUY

Why did the serpent or devil hate God so much?  Why did he influence them to disobey God?

Satan could have left Adam and Eve to their own devices. What did they ever do to hurt him? To understand Satan’s role in the fall of man, we must go back to pre-creation. God the Trinity was existed before anything was created. He is before all things.  He is above all things. 

Before creation there was war in heaven. Lucifer, one of the chief angels, rebelled against God and was cast out of heaven; Satan was so influential that a third of the angels of heaven followed him to his new home…hell. Satan hates God, but he can't hurt God, so who does he go after? Man, the pinnacle of God's creation.

Jesus said that the devil is the father of lies; he told lies to the angels he led into the rebellion in heaven.  He fell because of his lust for power.  And now he uses the desire for power to entice Eve.  After Eve told Satan that she was forbidden from eating the fruit from the Tree of Life, Satan responds with the words, "Has God said?" Satan knew exactly what God had said. Remember, he doesn't change his tactics, he seeks to contradict God and his word and tell us that what God has said is not true.

Satan is the fall guy. And through deception he played a role in the fall of man.  Another example of Satan being the fall guy, is in the book of Job. God says to Satan, "Where have you been?” How ironic.  God knew who Satan was and where he had been. Satan was wandering around the world. The Bible says he roams around like a roaring lion; he is like a bear with a very sore head. After the first two chapters of Job, he is not mentioned. He is defeated through the testimony and faithfulness of Job. Again, he is the fall guy.

At the cross, he suffered a terminal defeat. The power of Satan was completely destroyed, his weapons of death and sin were smashed. Finally, at the end of time, Satan will be the ultimate fall guy, when he is sentenced to eternal punishment, him and his rebellious angels, who will have their own sentence of death.

Satan chose to rebel; he made the wrong choice; he sought power; he was proud. And he will pay…big time!

Remember that we have the weapons to defeat Satan: 2 Corinthians 10:4-5, Romans 16:19-20 and Ephesians 6:10-18. We cannot be like the sons of Sceva, who sought to fight him in their own strength. As a young Christian, I sought to answer the devil in my own power, but he defeated me, I was often left in tears and my faith in tatters.

How did Jesus defeat him?  By speaking and using the word of God (see Matthew 4:1-11). Remember, the tactics of Satan are the same, the truth sadly is that they often are successful. But when he comes to tempt us, we have the Armor of God. 

When Satan tempts Jesus, he misuses the Word of God; he misquotes Scripture; he takes verses out of context; How do we answer him?  We don’t. We ignore him.  Satan can only do what God allows him too. He is on a very short lease. We have the victory over him, by the power of the Holy Spirit and also when we praise God.  Worship is a powerful weapon.

JAMES 4:6-8

6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

How do we submit to God? We humble ourselves; we denounce our pride; we cannot fight the devil on our own; we have to submit to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. If we are submitted to God, we can resist the devil, and he has no option but to flee. Why? Because when he tries to tempt us, he meets not us, but Jesus who lives in us, by the Holy Spirit.

Don’t be the fall guy…trust God and let Him fight your battles.

GOD BLESS YOU

kk

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 06 Jun 2020, 10:44 pm

The Salvation Army was founded by a Methodist Preacher by the name of William Booth.  Its mission was to share the message of repentance and salvation through Jesus Christ alone.  Booth sent many people all over England burdened to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  He sent two women Kate and Mary Jackson to Leeds to oversee a mission there.  They laboured in Leeds for a couple of years and nothing happened.  These young ladies toiled every day giving all they had without any return.  Then one day they wrote to William Booth, “Would you kindly move us to another station?  We’re so tired and disheartened.  We’ve tried everything that we’ve been taught to do.  Please move us to another location”

Booth sent a telegram back with two words written: “Try tears!”

Those two sisters began to pray and travail for souls and they finally experienced real revival.  Kate and Mary did just as General Booth said, and God moved mightily.  The Leeds Salvation Army church soon became the largest outside of London.

William Booth was a man like Nehemiah who knew the power of prayer.  He also knows the power of tears; he had unlocked the missing link in today's church.  We preach, we share, we have events, but something is missing, he knew the truth of Psalm 126:

5 Those who sow in tears
    shall reap with shouts of joy!
6 He who goes out weeping,
    bearing the seed for sowing,
shall come home with shouts of joy,
    bringing his sheaves with him.

We sow, and we do not reap.  I wonder why?  All through the Bible, we have people who wept and cried openly, for whatever reason: Jeremiah, David, Paul, Peter, and Jesus Himself.

I want to focus on the man Nehemiah.  He was an amazing man!  He was a man of power, a man of prayer; I love Nehemiah.  If you are building a work for God, this is a "how to book”, but it starts with tears and it starts with power.

Nehemiah was a unique man.  Let me say some things about him.  It says he was the kings' cupbearer, but he was much more than that; he was one of the kings' inner circle, a trusted friend.  Look at chapter 2.  He had the ear of the king, and the king notices his manner and wanted to know how long he would be away.

Let’s see Nehemiah's reaction was to the news coming from Jerusalem:

He was interested in the work vs. 2

He could have kept doing his job for the king...  after all Jerusalem wasn't his problem.  But his heart was still in his homeland.  I suppose it's a bit like me.  Although I am far away from the UK, my heart and my prayers are still there for my beloved homeland.  It's like Paul in Romans 9:1-4.  He's the apostle to the gentiles, but his heart still yearns for his own people.  How interested are you in God's work?  Not just in your own church, but do you know what's going on around the world and how God is working?

He made an immediate response vs. 4

It says as soon as he heard these words; these words obviously struck a chord deep within him.  So often when we hear something, we put our response off.  Nehemiah didn't just hear these words, but he acted immediately.  In a race, the athlete’s reaction time to the starter’s gun is all important.  Let me ask you Christian: What’s your reaction time like?  When something comes to your attention or needs to get done, how long does it take you to get involved?

He had incredible passion for prayer vs. 4 c/f Ezra 9

Both Ezra and Nehemiah were people who knew their God and were able to exploit.  See also Daniel 11:32.  We go to prayer meetings and we have private prayer, but do we pray like these guys did?  You and me think we pray, but we don't really pray?  Do we weep, do we mourn for days on end?  No wonder Nehemiah had not only the kings favour, but also more importantly God's... and now you can understand why.

He interceded for Israel vs. 5-6

To stand in the gap means to intercede like Moses did in Exodus 17 when Joshua fought Amalek, the children of Israel at Jerusalem who were either unable or unwilling to pray for themselves, so Nehemiah took on that responsibility.  He took it on and prayed passionately and fervently.  How is your intercession for your fellow believers?  Who are you standing in the gap for?

He implicated himself in Israel's sin vs. 6-7

He didn't absolve himself from the sin of the people of Israel.  He didn't say, "Well I've been here, so you can't blame me!”  He blames himself for being part of the problem!  Judah had rebelled and he had rebelled also.  He didn't put himself on a pedestal, but he admitted his sin.

He invoked God's promises vs. 8-9

Remember back to Joshua 24, Deuteronomy 6 and 28, God said to the children of Israel, "You had a choice.  You can choose to serve Me or not, but here is what will happen if you don't serve Me.”  Nehemiah reminds God of His promise.  Look at the promise at the end of verse 9; although the people were outcasts and scattered, God had promised to bring them back.  Remember if God promises something, He will always bring it to pass...  amen

He had an intimacy in prayer vs. 5-11

Nehemiah was a man of prayer and therefore a man of power.  We get a glimpse into his prayer life here in this prayer.  It is so intimate, so full of power; you ask how should we pray for God's work?  His prayer is the blueprint.  Do we pray like this??

He was instant in prayer ch1:4 and ch2:4

Paul says in 1 Thess 5:18 to pray without stopping.  That doesn't mean you pray 24/7, but that your first reaction to any given situation is like Nehemiah's.  In Chapter 2:4, he was asked by the king, "What is your request?”  He could have said what he wanted, but before he spoke, he prayed.  If we prayed before we speak, how different the outcome would be.

He had a godly influence on those around him

Nehemiah was a trusted adviser to the king.  The king wanted to know in chapter 2 how long Nehemiah would be away for.  Why was he concerned about this?  Because he knew that Nehemiah gave good advice.  He was truly the salt and light in the court of the king.  Let me ask you... if you left your place of work or school for a period, how much would you be missed?  Look at verse 6 of chapter 2; it pleased the king to send me, what a testimony of Nehemiah's character.

He had integrity

The king gave things into the hand of Nehemiah because he knew that he could be trusted.  He knew that he wasn't going to run off and build another city somewhere else, Nehemiah was a man who could be trusted.  Can You?  The king granted him what he asked, for the good hand of the Lord was upon him, the hand of the Lord doesn't bless those who cant be trusted.

He inspected the damage and dealt with the main issue ch 2:11-16

Nehemiah is now in Jerusalem and one of the first things he does is to go and inspect the walls.  Before he can put anything right, he had to see what had to be done.  He was a reformer, who did reform Israel, but he saw the main problem and that was that the wall was broken down.  Look at his words in Chapter 2:17.  Sometimes we need to address the main issue and leave the rest till later.

He inspired others ch 2:18

In vs. 18, he gives a rallying call to the workers.  These workers are totally demoralised.  They have given up building the wall, but here comes Nehemiah and he just totally inspires them to the point that they say, "Let's build the wall!”  What an inspiration he was!  Do you inspire others by your actions and your words?

He ignored persecution ch 2:18-20

Sanballat and Tobiah are two of the nastiest characters in the whole Bible.  They were persistent through the whole book of Nehemiah.  Don't they remind you or anyone?  Yes the devil.  These tactics they use are the ones he uses; from open ridicule, to discouragement, to seeking to plant corrupt officials within the Jewish people.  His reaction is, and look at the end of verse 20, our God is going to prosper and you two and I use these words carefully,  YOU CAN GO AWAY, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE HERE.

Maybe next time we suffer ridicule and discouragement, you should tell the devil, to go away; he has no right to be here... amen.

This all happened because one man wept and took prayerful action.  He wept and prayed.

We sow in tears and we reap in joy.

The Lord wants you all to know this... you cannot reap without weeping.

Before you can start to do a work for God, you have to weep over the state of man.

William Booth was asked what training he would give his officers.  He replied that he would hold them over the flames of hell to smell the torment of the unsaved.

Finally, we have the reason why all this happened.

God intervened!

At this point of history, he raised up a man like Nehemiah to rebuild the walls and to reform the people of Israel.  The walls of our Churches are as broken down as in Nehemiah's day.  God is looking for men and women who he can use to rebuild and reform.

Are you that man or women?

God bless you

Keith

Sermon Series

The emotional life of our Lord by Sinclair Ferguson, click and choose which one or ones to listen to, eight in all. I have heard the whole series, very good

https://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?sourceOnly=true&currSection=sermonssource&keyword=fpccolumbia&subsetcat=series&subsetitem=The+Real+Jesus%3A+Emotional+Life
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 14 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fvps.sermonaudio.com%2Fresize_image%2Fsources%2Fpodcast%2F300%2F300%2Ffirstprescolumbia-07First Presbyterian Church
Dr. Derek Thomas | Columbia, South Carolina
www.sermonaudio.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 30 May 2020, 9:43 pm

Please pray and share this, with all your friends, social media contacts and groups and churches

The Gospel needs to fully penetrate these people groups to make any impact in China

Sermons are below for your blessing, it is a series of Sermons on Joseph, click on link and decide which one to listen to

HAN CHINESE CANTONESE

POPULATION 70 MILLION

EVANGELICAL 7.9%

Praise God for:

Robert Morrison landed in Guangzhou in 1807 and today there are 1.2 million Cantonese Christians.

That they are the most open people to the gospel.

Pray for:

Although very religious and open to the gospel, most homes are bound in Daoism and Buddhism and Spirit Altars are in many homes. Even some Christians have them. It is very difficult for any Buddhist, even those who have turned to Christ, to get rid of the demonic works. Not only does the Spirit need to work in conversion power but in cleansing the whole spirit of these evil works. 

Many Cantonese live in HK and are open to the gospel and many are merchants who have contact with different cultures as they travel overseas. Please pray for God to continue to work in revival power in Guangdong province and HK where many of them live.

There are many communities outside China. Please pray for the raising up of strong evangelical churches.

Please pray that the Cantonese believers gain a mission vision for the whole of China. Many of them have the means and ability to share the gospel.

Please pray that the Church would be a clean and worthy vessel for the Masters use.

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/12057/CH

HAN CHINESE MANDARIN

POPULATION  890 MILLION

EVANGELICAL 8.30%

Praise God for:

The mighty turning to God over the past forty years; the Han Mandarin are the dominant people in China and God has been pleased to gather multitudes in that harvest.

Please pray for:

Deep and lasting revival to strike every Chinese Church. Some of the godly leaders who were used of God are now in their latter years and have passed the baton to younger men. Please pray that the rain of revival does not stop and that the Church continues to preach the gospel despite persecution.

Persecution is here and relevant; it can take many forms. Please pray God continues to work in great power and that the church's focus is not on the persecution, but that it's focus is on praising God, prayer, reading and obeying the Bible and sharing the gospel.

Most of the Coastal provinces have large communities of Christians but the inland provinces such as Hunan and Shanxi have less Christians. Please pray for a breakthrough in the inland provinces, so that every Chinese person who hear the gospel as over 200 million haven't fully heard of, nor understand the gospel.

Please pray for God to work among the men of China. Churches are made mostly of women. Please pray that God would call and disciple many men. Please pray for the husbands of many sisters who are unsaved to come to faith.

Please pray for the protection and growth of the Church. It is estimated that between 10-25,000 become Christians every day! These new believers need to be taught and instructed well.

Pray for the pastors and church workers that they would preach the true gospel powerfully.

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/12051/CH

God Bless You,

KK

Sermons

Joseph by Chalan Hetherington, an excellent series, click and choose

https://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?sourceOnly=true&currSection=sermonssource&keyword=chalan1689&subsetcat=series&subsetitem=The+Life+of+Joseph
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 29 May 2020, 1:14 am

[size=16]Dear Friends

Thanks for being part of this ministry. I hope these devotions and especially the sermons draw you closer to our Saviour.

All I ask is that you read, listen and then share with your friends and church. Please place on Facebook and other social media groups if you can.

I am no bible scholar; these devotions are manna gathered from my own daily quiet times, I have no bible college training, am an ordinary Christian, who sits down with his bible, notebook and pen.

Please see the end of these devotions for important announcement

Thanks to everyone who proofreads these devotions for me, esp. My dear Brother J

PSALM 119

71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

POSITIVE SUFFERING

Let’s face it.  There is nothing positive about suffering.  Trials are never welcomed in our lives.  When trouble comes, our natural tendency is to moan and complain.  To say things like, "I don't deserve this.”  “What did I do wrong?"

The writer of Psalms 119 gives us a godly vision of suffering.  If we respond to trials correctly, the result will be a greater understanding of God and His Word.  In our second devotion, we will see the attitude Job had towards his suffering.  

Why do we experience trials?  There are two primary reasons why Christians suffer trial.  The first reason is to grow our faith so that we can be more useful in the Kingdom of God.  The second, involves fatherly discipline.  God may use a trial to purge sin out of our lives.  Whatever the reason for our suffering the goal is always the same: To draw us closer to Christ.

Sometimes we wonder why does our trial go on for so long? Maybe it's because we refuse to accept it in the right way. The children of Israel went round the mountain a thousand times, they simply refused to accept the correction of the God who had redeemed them from bondage in Egypt.

So many times, we are told not to harden our hearts, we need to accept trials as a gift from God.  And it can be a gift if we allow the trial to create in us a desire to be more like Christ.  When we go through trials and suffering, don’t complain.  Instead, say these words, “It is good that I am going through this; God is teaching me something through this. He is seeking to teach me to lean on Him and learn from Him.

God bless you

Keith

JOB 42

3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.
4 Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.
5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

JOB'S CLEAR VISION
Job had gone through a lot and now God has responded to him in the form of a whirlwind.  God did not tell Job why he permitted the devil to afflict Job. Please note that this affliction did not come from God; He allowed Satan to afflict Job up to a point.  Satan was allowed to take everything from Job except one thing...his life.  

It says later in the Bible, that the thoughts of God are far above our thoughts.  Our finite minds are unable to fully comprehend the purpose of God.  This is especially true when it comes to suffering.  God rest on top of Mount Sinai, and we like the Children of Israel or at the base of the mountain.  

Job's vision here is beautiful, it is like the one given later to Isaiah. Both of them knew God, they had heard God, they were in fellowship with God, God had spoken to them, but now through divine revelation, God had revealed himself to them.

Note both of Isaiah's and Job's vision had some similarities:

They both knew God, he had spoken to them, but this was something deeper. You know you can go to church for years and you can say like Job, I have heard thee by the hearing of the word, but now I see you. We need to have a vision of the glory of God like both Isaiah and Job had and indeed like Moses did. John had the same thing, he knew Jesus personally, he was the one who leaned on Jesus, but in Revelation 1, he had a vision of the glorified Jesus. 

They all had the same response; they all fell on their faces. Moses, John, Isaiah and Job all fell on their faces in light of the awesome majesty of God.  Confronted by the majesty and holiness of God, Isaiah and Job became aware of their sinfulness.  And in each instance God showed them mercy.  And He longs to show us mercy as well.

Too many Christians spend their lives listening to good preaching, and enjoying great worship, and yet they never experience a deep and moving relationship with the Lord.  

What about you?

Have you heard the word of God, but have not responded to it?  When we meet Job he is very religious.  The Bible calls him “ lameless." Was he saved?  He certainly had faith in God, and in the end the Lord honored that faith by healing his body and restoring all that was lost.  Today, we do not need for God to appear in a whirlwind in order to experience His presence in our lives.  We have His Word.  Jesus said, “That if any man comes to me, I will in no wise cast out.  Here’s a question:  Have you experienced the presence of God?  Is He real in your soul?  The same God who spoke to Job is speaking to you today.  Turn away from your sins and make Him Lord of your life today.  

God bless you

Keith

Sermons[/size]

Sermons

Due to problems accessing sermons on Sermon Audio,  I am unable to place sermons on the devotions, we work in different circumstances here, behind a firewall, I will try and get them back as soon as the Lord allows. All I can do is to give you the following website address

https://www.sermonaudio.com/main.asp
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 13 May 2020, 12:40 am

WE ARE UNDER ATTACK

“Wilt thou not revive us again that thy people may rejoice in thee? ...Psalm 85:6.”

I was in Vietnam and it was 1969. My unit had been out for days; we had come into the company area, where we thought we would be safe, for a few days rest. After our wounds were treated and we rested, we would go out again on another mission. It was good to relax and lay down on a cot instead of having to sleep on the ground, to have a shower and rest. We could relax, not as much chance for danger here, or so I thought.

Then, about 2:00 in the morning, the siren sounded. It was a loud sound, piercing, and woke us all up. It means one thing, we were under attack. Each man pulled himself out of his bed, grabbed his rifle, helmet, ammunition, which was always, just next to your bed, and struggled to the perimeter. The perimeter was a sandbagged area, with trenches, that surrounded the Division. We were defended with barbed wire, machine guns, tanks, etc. The enemy never would attempt an attack here, yet they did.

Half asleep, we sat in the trenches and our Lieutenant came by taking the names of each man. Ensuring we were where we were called to be when we were needed. Each man, filling in as instructed, ready to serve.  Soon, the enemy having been run off and suffering losses we were safe and could go back to our cots and rest.  How like our calling today.  Did you not hear the calling for Revival? Did you not hear the calling to prayer?  This nation is under attack.  Not just our bodies are under attack; enemies to the Church are attacking.   It's time to call for Revival and ask the Lord to heal this nation and bring us back to the path he wants us on.

If we all come, and fill in, praying and seeking God's face, will he not heal and protect this nation?  Remember the words in 2nd. Peter 1:10: "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give the diligence to make your calling and election sure, for if ye do these things, ye shall never fail."  Let’s not panic, let's pray and if the Christians in American heed the call we, with the Lord's help, can start a revival that will turn this country around. Remember though, revival starts with you and me.

RISE UP

"The Lord preserveth all them that love him but all the wicked will he destroy…Psalm 145: 20.”

The wicked go about to cause harm, they sneak around like serpents in the grass seeking whom they may kill and destroy. They think they go undetected. They act like their father, the Devil, and the works of their father they do.  Smart they are and well-schooled but their acts are known,   There's someone who never sleeps that knows their evil deeds and plans to do harm. All their evil deeds are recorded and they will be judged for each evil deed and act..  Truly, the words of Proverbs 28:5 are correct when it says: "Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the Lord understand all things."   The ones that have killed and destroyed understand neither their end on Judgment Day nor the reprisals that can come from God's people in retaliation for their actions.

As Christians, we understand this as it states in Isaiah 31:2: "… (God) will rise against the house of the evildoers, and against the help of them that work iniquity." The Bible calls for us to stand up against the evildoers: "Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? Or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity? (Psalm 94:16) 

It's time for Americans to stand up for God, to stand up for righteousness. It's time we remember our motto, "In God We Trust."  Let’s trust in God, and turn to the one mediator between God and man, Christ Jesus. Those that have turned away from Christ, it's time to get back to the Lord. Those that have forgotten His Word, it's time to open the Bible, those that have not prayed, it's time to pray.  

Let’s ask the Lord to guide us in standing up against evil.. Let’s ask Jesus to get us back on track.  This evil deed, this work of evil done in secret places, can be the one thing that helps Americans remember what made us strong, IN GOD WE TRUST.

Have a blessed day. Charles (Charlie) Dean 
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 09 May 2020, 10:07 pm

Hello Dear friends,

Thanks for all your prayers.  Please continue to take 5 minutes per day to pray for China.  Use the links and requests below for details on people groups in need of the Gospel.  

Prayer Requests:

Continue to pray that God would graciously move all over China and that a national revival would encompass each and every church; that despite persecution, the church would explode with Holy Spirit power.

For all of the pastors and church workers who faithfully preach the gospel, to be filled with Holy Spirit in boldness.

That the church would be a clean vessel, fit and ready for the Master's use.

For divine opportunities for believers to reach out and share the gospel in acts of love and powerful witness; There are millions of people who are in great need.

Pray for the minority people of China, including the Lingao and the Tai Lue (see below)

Lingao

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18556/CH

Tai Lue

https://joshuaproject.net/people_groups/18566/CH

Please pray for:

The men of China, that God would do a mighty work among them.

The children and young people who are bombarded with false beliefs, allied to all the normal pressures of growing up. Young adults are expected to be married and to produce grandchildren.  Please pray that more would be called to Christian service instead of serving money and success.

CCP and YP members that they would come to know and trust Christ.

Our dear Pastor Z and his family

The salvation for the following men...S, H, F, M and W

Sister S, who is crying out in pain and suffering from devilish oppression;  they have deep trust problems in the marriage.  Her husband S has said he had a non-sexual relationship/friendship with a woman, but has said he has repented and broken all contact with her. They have smashed all idols in their house; please pray for deep repentance/true conversion and healing in this marriage.

New believers that their conversions are real and that we are able to teach them the truths of the Bible.

Sister F and her husband to come to faith and for her mother and boyfriend to come to faith.

Our weekly meetings, especially our early morning prayer meetings.

My wife's father and mother, for deep healing and salvation.

Our daughter M, who has many decisions to make about her future, also for salvation.

For me as I apply for my 2 year residence permit.

For my wife as she is unable to sleep on many nights.

Sermons

We continue through the Bible with Dennis Lyle, studying the books of Kings and Chronicles, these books are not easy, but these studies are great. Copy and paste links into browser

1 Kings

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=12814154343

2 Kings

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=21114151586

1 Chronicles 

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=21814151252

2 Chronicles

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=225141515369
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 07 May 2020, 9:57 pm

Hi Everyone, 
Just wanted to remind everyone that we would meet again for prayer this week. We will start at 7:30 p.m. Eastern time in US, Thursday,  730 a.m. on Friday in China. Each week, it is so moving to meet with the brothers and sisters. Last week we had six different nationalities in our group. Truly feels like every tongue and tribe Before the Throne of God.

We will meet in Zoom.

The room code is 9541167083. Due to changes in Zoom security a password is now required. The password is 050348

Please feel free to invite others
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 06 May 2020, 11:39 am

JAMES 2

[size=12]14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

THE BEST EVIDENCE OF CHRISTIANITY
This is one of the greatest discourses in the whole of the New Testament. It looks like James is speaking against the rest of the New Testament, but he is confirming the New Testament.
In verse 14, James asks two questions, and the answers to these questions are that if we have faith and we do not illustrate that faith, it is worthless.  First, all that is needed for salvation is faith alone in grace alone in Christ alone. But the true evidence of that faith will outflow in what a person does, thinks and says.
James gives a wonderful illustration in verses 15-16. He gave a wonderful one in 2:1-5. The apostle John builds on this in 1 John 3:17-18, when he says:
17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
What both John and James are saying is if you hear at church that a brother or sister is in need and you do nothing, though you have the resources to service that need, but don't.. then your faith is worthless. Whats the point if you don't show it!! You talk about "loving your brethren," but God isn't interested in your talk, He's interested in your walk.
The Apostle Paul says many times that our faith will work itself out in acts of love. 

Look at the book of Acts; the disciples had faith, but that faith was shown. At the end of Acts 4, the disciples had true faith, but there was evidence of this faith, because works are faith in action.

Jesus is the Saviour, but it says about HIM, that He went about "doing good." Yes He died for us, but He spent three years doing good, healing people, feeding people, and teaching people.

Works in themselves are not enough for salvation. Look at Cornelius: he was a good man, he did many good works, but this was not enough for salvation. He had to put his faith in Jesus! Are you depending on your works for salvation?

Good works are the evidence of Being born again (Ephesians 2:10)... they are NOT THE WAY TO BE BORN AGAIN.

God bless you

Keith

JAMES 2

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

TRUE OR FALSE TREMBLING
James is one of my favourite books. It is so practical and so hard hitting. It speaks on such difficult subjects such as the tongue, etc.
In the latter part of chapter 2, James shows the link between faith and works.
Here in China, we often say that people believe in Jesus, but this verse is a sobering one. "Belief" in Jesus is not enough. Listen closely: indeed the demons believe in Jesus: they believe in His existence, His deity, and more. Remember these demons are fallen angels.
Many times in the gospels, Jesus casts out demons and said to them that they are not to tell anyone who He was. They know who He was. In Acts, these demons say, "Paul I know Jesus I know but who are you." Acts 19:15
Judas was around Jesus for three years, and saw the miracles, heard Jesus speak, but today he is in hell, because he did not truly believe.
The whole thrust of James discourse is that true faith is shown by our actions. Our lives are the best evidence of Christianity, because they are changed 2 Corinthians 5:17. In Christ, we do things differently, we treat people differently, and we are different when compared to every other person on the planet.
So many people play at Christianity. They think it is enough to go to church and have a basic belief (understanding about) in Jesus. It is not!! Hell will be full of people who "believe" in Jesus, but really do not.
Christianity is a relationship with God which flows outward to others. Have you encountered God and have you shared His love with others?
That is what a Christian is and what a Christian does.

God bless you
Keith

Sermons
Second part of series on Song of solomon by Ben Reaoch
Wedding and wedding night ch 3:6-5:1
https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=33112109188

Conflict and resolution ch 5:2-8:4
https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=33112102760

Love as strong as death ch 8:5-14
https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=33112212383

God's indestructible book by Mark Raines Jeremiah 36:1-32
[/size]