World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 35 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 35 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyToday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyToday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My Manna

2 posters

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

My Manna - Page 2 Empty Re: My Manna

Post  Admin Wed 29 Jul 2020, 8:47 pm

If the Outlook is Disturbuing, Try the Uplook
by My Manna

To you I lift up my eyes, O you who are enthroned in the heavens! (Psalm 123:1)

What does it mean to lift your eyes to the Lord?

You-

Acknowledge His Sovereignty.

We lift our eyes because He is higher than we are. Isaiah focused his eyes on the throne of God and saw Him "high and lifted up" in the temple (Isa. 6:1).

He is sovereign. He is the Master; we are the servants. He is the Creator; we are the
creatures. He is the Heavenly Father; we are the children.

Admit His Sufficiency .

"Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters, as the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the Lord our God, until He has mercy on us" (v. 2).

We look to Him because of His sufficiency. Whatever we need, He is able to provide. "My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:19).

Accept His Sympathy.

"Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us!" the psalmist prays in verse 3.

God is generous, the Giver of every good and perfect gift.

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!" (Matt. 7:11).

Acknowledge the sovereignty of God today. He is in control.

Admit His sufficiency. He can give you what you need for this day.

Then accept His Generous Sympathy.

If the outlook in your life is disturbing, try the uplook !

Do you want to praise God now for what He is to you?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Jul 2020, 6:09 pm

Grace and Mercy
by My Manna

Psalm 136 magnifies the mercy of God.

Every verse ends with the refrain, "For His mercy endures forever." I would like to have heard this psalm sung in the Jewish temple. One group of priests would say, "Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!" (v 1). Then the priests on the other side of the court would answer, "For His mercy endures forever."

Grace and mercy go together.

God, in His grace and mercy, gives me what I don't deserve, His mercy endures forever, and our response should be thanksgiving and praise.

Praise the Lord for His wonders.

"To Him who alone does great wonders, for His mercy endures forever" (v 4).

"His name will be called Wonderful" (Isa. 9:6).

Jesus Christ said and did wonderful things. When God touches a life, it becomes filled with wonder. I think of Peter, Andrew, James and John – men who would have remained ordinary fishermen had they not met Jesus. They went to a wedding at Cana, and wonders happened. They went to funerals, and wonders happened.

Praise God for His wisdom.

"To Him who by wisdom made the heavens" (v 5). The God who created the universe has the wisdom to run it, and He has the wisdom you need for your life.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God" (James 1:5).
He'll guide you.

Praise Him for His works.

"To Him who laid out the earth above the waters" (v 6).

Let's worship God today because of His wonders.

Let's seek His guidance because of His wisdom. Let's enjoy all that He gives to us through His manifold creation.

You would not be saved were it not for God's grace and mercy. Never take those two gifts for granted. Do you devote time to praising and thanking Him for what He does in your life?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 27 Jul 2020, 8:38 pm

Exceedingly Joyful
by My Manna

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  (2 Cor 12:9)

There are three possible ways to pray when you are hurting.

First,

You can pray that God will give you an escape from the pain.
That's normal – in fact, that's how drug stores stay in business!

Second,

You can pray for God to give you the strength to endure the pain.

And that, too, is a natural response. If we can't escape the pain, we can pray to endure the pain.

The third,

We can pray is to ask God to enlist the pain.

- in our lives for our good and His glory.

If we pray to escape our pain, then we see pain as our enemy.

If we pray to endure our pain, then pain is seen as a master.

But, if we pray to enlist our pain, we see it as our servant.

We are able to find God's grace to glory in our infirmities, that the power of God may be manifest in our lives.

Are you hurting over something that has happened in your life?

Ask God to give you strength to choose to enlist that pain for your good and His glory.

Then-

You will be exceedingly joyful like Paul who wrote the above and below verses.

I am acting with great boldness toward you; I have great pride in you; I am filled with comfort. In all our affliction, I am overflowing with joy.  (2 Cor 7:4)

Fully Pardoned
by My Manna

Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat, confess over it all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions, concerning all their sins, putting them on the head of the goat, and shall send it away into the wilderness by the hand of a suitable man. The goat shall bear on itself all their iniquities to an uninhabited land; and he shall release the goat in the wilderness. (Lev 16:21-22)

In the Old Testament, on the Day of Atonement, the high priest will bring two goats.  One of them will be killed and sacrificed.  Then the high priest will lay his hands on the second goat and confess the sins of Israel.  It was a symbolic act in that the goat carried the sins of Israel. 

The goat was let go outside the camp to die in the wilderness.  To make sure that it died, it was led to a high mountain so that it will never return. 

The Jews would not want the goat returning to them with their sins!

This sacrifice was repeated every year.

When Jesus carried our sins on Calvary, He did it once and for all.

He actually bore our sins on Himself.  It was real, not symbolic.

When we come to Jesus with our sins, He carried them for us.

Hallelujah!  Ours sins are taken away from us completely.

We are cleansed by His blood.  We are fully pardoned of our sins.

Thank the Lord!  He carried my sins so I don’t have to bear them.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 24 Jul 2020, 7:48 pm

Faith Sight
by My Manna

Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. (Heb 10:35-36)

Most of us have a distorted idea about patience.

We think of it only as something designed to help us suffer failure gracefully, but according to these scriptures, it will also actually put us on the path to success!

Patience (or being consistently constant) is the power twin of faith.
They work together to see to it that the promises of God are fulfilled in your life.

For example,

You need a job. You can go to the Word and see clearly that God promises to provide your needs. You can see He takes pleasure in the goodness of His servants. Once you see that, faith takes hold and you shout, "Hallelujah, I've got the job I need."

But-

What happens to that faith tomorrow morning when you go to three interviews and get turned down all three times?

That's when patience has to take over! That's when you have to make a decision to stay constant, to act as if nothing's changed.

The truth is, if you based your confidence on the Word of God, nothing has changed. It says exactly the same thing it said yesterday.

So, if you'll put patience to work, you know what you're going to say after those three
unsuccessful job interviews? You're going to say, "Hallelujah, I've got the job I need!" just like you did before.

Faith opens the door to God's promise for you; and patience keeps it open until that promise is fulfilled.

Do you have your faith sights set on a promise of God today, a promise you've been waiting on for some time? Don't let the delay discourage you. Put patience to work.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 23 Jul 2020, 6:08 pm

Praise the Lord
by MyManna
 Man  prays to God
"Praise the Lord! Praise the name of the Lord..."

That's the way Psalm 135 begins.

The psalmist instructs us to shout hallelujah and he goes on to tell us why.

First, we should praise God because of His goodness.

"Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; sing praises to His name, for it is pleasant." V 3.

He is good, and His goodness is unsearchable. God shows us His goodness in both material and spiritual blessings.

Second, we should praise the Lord for His grace.

"For the Lord has chosen Jacob for Himself, Israel for His special treasure" v 4.

Israel was not a treasure before God chose her. After He chose her, she became precious.

God also chose us. Jesus said, "You did not choose me, but I chose you" (John 15:16). God showed His grace by choosing us to be His children.

Third, we should praise Him for His greatness.

"For I know that the Lord is great, and our Lord is above all gods." v 5.

What god is like our God?

Finally, the psalmist tells us we should praise God for His government.

"Whatever the Lord pleases He does, in heaven and in earth, in the seas and in all deep places." v 6.

He then describes God's sovereignty in creation and in history.

Whatever your situation, you can stop and praise the Lord for His goodness, His grace, His greatness and His government.

He is managing all of creation and all of history to bring about His purposes. Let God use you to do His work.

Praise the Lord!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 22 Jul 2020, 11:05 pm

Your Presence is My Protection
by My Manna

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. (Isa 43:2)

Bridge there is none!

We must go through the waters and feel the rush of the rivers.

Christian security is not absence of danger but presence of God!

The presence of God in the flood is better than a ferryboat.

Tired we must be, but triumphant we shall be!

For God Himself, who is mightier than many waters, shall be with us.

The Lord will surely be with us in difficulties and dangers.

The sorrows of life may rise to an extraordinary height.

But the Lord is able to destroy any Jericho wall you are facing in your life!

The enemies of God and the agents of the devil can put in our way problems, perils and persecutions, which are like a burning, fiery furnace.

What then?

We shall walk through the fires.

God being with us, we shall not be burned;

No! not even the smell of fire shall remain upon us.

Wait and see!

Floods cannot drown you, nor fires burn you!

"Thank you Lord, for Your presence, is my protection!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 20 Jul 2020, 9:56 pm

Wait patiently…Trust peacefully
by My Manna

Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD! (Ps 27:14)

There are hours of perplexity when the most willing spirit, anxiously desirous to serve the Lord, knows not what part to take.

Then what shall it do? Vex itself by despair? Fly back in cowardice, turn to the right hand in fear, or rush forward in presumption?

No, but simply wait.

Wait in prayer.

Call upon God and spread the case before Him; tell Him your difficulty, and plead His promises of aid.

Wait in faith.

Express your unstaggering confidence in Him. Believe that if He kept you tarrying even till midnight, yet He will come at the right time; the vision shall come, and shall not tarry.

Wait in patience.

Never murmur against the second cause, as the children of Israel did against Moses. Accept the case as it is, and put it as it stands, simply and with your whole heart, without any self-will, into the hand of your covenant God, saying,

"Now, Lord, not my will, but Yours be done. I know not what to do; I am brought to extremities; but I will wait until You shall cleave the floods, clear my case, clean my paths ,or create a miracle. I will wait, if You keep me many a day, for my heart is fixed upon You alone, O God, and my spirit waits for You in full conviction that You will yet be my joy and my salvation, my refuge and my strong tower. Amen"

And you know very well that:

"...those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary
They shall walk and not faint"
(Isaiah 40:31)

So-

Wait patiently...Trust peacefully...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 18 Jul 2020, 5:19 pm

Be Patient Under Pressure
by My Manna

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. (Rom 12:12)

We're to live in hope. We're to rejoice.

So, when Satan comes to steal your victory and tell you that God is not going to help you this time, you just think on the Word of God and start rejoicing.

Rejoice!

That you're in Him. Rejoice that heaven is your home. Rejoice that greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. Rejoice. Praise God now.

The devil can't stand it!

"Be steadfast and patient in suffering and tribulation...." Tribulation means "being under pressure." When pressure comes, don't cave in. Don't faint. Instead, go to the throne of grace. Go boldly in the Name of Jesus and get the help you need.

Remember!

When things get hard isn't when you let go of the Word. That's when you double up on it. That's when you are "constant in prayer" so that you are unmovable.
Be patient under pressure. Be constant in prayer. The devil won't be able to steal one thing from you!

Receive!

Why should you “be constant in prayer”?

Because you are going to receive a positive answer, your most expected/needed miracle from God your Father and He is going to be glorified in His Son by answering your prayer and offering that miracle!

Read!

Romans 5:1-5.

"Now (your) hope does not disappoint..."

And it will never disappoint you!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 17 Jul 2020, 7:20 pm

Present Help
by My Manna

But I will call to God; and the Lord will save me. (Psalm 55:16)

"Yes, I must and will pray. What else can I do! What better can I do? Betrayed, forsaken, grieved, baffled, O my Lord, I will call upon Thee. My Ziklag is in ashes, and men speak of stoning me; but I encourage my heart in the Lord, who will bear me through this trial as He has borne me through so many others. Jehovah shall save me; I am sure He will, and I declare my faith.

The Lord and no one else shall save me. I desire no other helper and would not trust in an arm of flesh even if I could. I will cry to Him evening, and morning, and noon, and I will cry to no one else, for He is all sufficient.

How He will save me I cannot guess; I will not guess; I don't want to guess but He shall do it, I know. He will do it in the best and surest way, and He will do it in the largest, truest, and fullest sense. Out of this trouble and all future troubles the great I AM will bring me as surely as He lives; and when death comes and all the mysteries of eternity follow thereon, still will this be true: 'the Lord shall save me.'" Selected.

He is not I was that I was.

He is not I shall be that I shall be.

But-

He is I AM that I AM.

That means that-

He is my God of the present tense.

He helps me now. He is working out details of my deliverance!

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah. (Ps 46:1-3)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Jul 2020, 1:33 pm

Love Hopes
by My Manna

Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him. For the help of His countenance. (Psalm 42:5, 11)

God's love moves us to believe that God will see us through the worst of times. Let's see how the power of hope worked in the believer who wrote Psalm 42.

The psalmist seems to be a believer in exile, perhaps a prisoner of war in a strange land.

Is he being punished by God? Maybe, but we can't be sure. Maybe it's just one of the tragic
consequences of living in a world in which innocent people often suffer as a result of the decisions, right or wrong, of other people.

How is the psalmist doing? He is often lonely, anxious, and depressed. He longs to be back among his people and in his homeland, worshiping God "with shouts of joy and thanksgiving."

But here he is, an outcast mocked by his enemies, who say to him all day long, "Where is your God?"

What does this believer do to lift his spirit from the pit of despair? Again and again the
psalmist says to his soul: "Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."

Dear friend, no matter what you are going through, keep on putting your hope in this great truth: Nothing in all creation - not even death - "will be able to separate (you) from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:39).

Read Psalm 61:5-8:
My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.

Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for your love that moves me to the hope that you will never leave or forsake me. I'm waiting for your deliverance and delight. I'll not be put to shame.
Work through me to share this hope with the hopeless.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 15 Jul 2020, 8:57 pm

The Christian and Government
by MyManna

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.  Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval. (Rom 13:1-3)

All governments are appointed of God. 

This does not mean that God condone all their actions.

Some kings were wicked.  Others were corrupt.

But God appointed them to rule and execute judgment on wrongdoers (Rom 13:4).

When Paul wrote this epistle, the empire was ruled by Nero Caesar, who was known as a despotic and mad man.  He persecuted Christians and had them thrown into arenas to be mauled by lions.

Yet Paul exhorted his readers to be subject to Caesar.

We are to subject ourselves to the rule of our government.  Subjecting ourselves to them is equivalent to subjecting ourselves to God, the ultimate sovereign Ruler of the universe.

Similarly, rebelling against authority is rebelling against God

We should not slander those in authority.

If we can't submit to human authority, how can we submit to divine authority, which is at a higher level than human authority.

David served King Saul yet Saul tried to kill him.  He had the opportunity to kill Saul but he would not touch the Lord's anointed (1 Sam 26:9-11). 

Though he was also anointed to be king by the prophet Samuel, he knew that Saul was king at that time.  He would not take matters into his own hands, but trusted God to deal with Saul.

We are to submit to governing authorities even if they are unjust.

Jesus submitted Himself to unjust authorities and suffered at their hands.  He told Pilate that the latter's authority came from God (John 19:10-11).

So we are to submit to all governing authorities for their authority comes from God Himself.

This is honoring to God.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 15 Jul 2020, 8:34 pm

Frustrating Faith
by My Manna

Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe; help my unbelief!" (Mark 9:24)

"I had zero faith," a young friend said.

"I believed in nothing at all. I wished I could, but it just wasn't there. I began praying, without faith, that God would help me to believe. He did. I know He answers that kind of prayer."

This person is a conscientious wife and mother, a faithful church member, and a growing Christian. Her life witnesses to the answer to her prayer. She started with nothing.

Sometimes we start with a small measure of faith, like that of the distraught father who asked Jesus for the healing of his son. "I have faith," he said, then, aware that it was not enough to support the weight of the thing he was asking, "Help me where faith falls short."

Most of our faith is very little only but we place it upon a Great God who is our Father.

Let your faith be on God and His Word not on your faith, feeling, people or circumstances.

Faith on God is based on His Word (Rom.10:17). Faith on our own faith is based on our own emotions.

Unbelief is a stronghold of such spiritual power that only mighty spiritual weapons can storm it.

For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds (2 Cor 10:4).

Prayer is one of them.

Satan trembles when he sees the weakest believer upon his knees.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 13 Jul 2020, 10:22 pm

Principles of Prosperity
by My Manna

"The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it,the world, and all who live in it." Psalm 24:1-2.

Remember the truth that God owns it all?

Sovereign!

When we have a firm grasp of this concept and apply it to our thinking and handling of money, we will have mastered the first principle of prosperity.

If we realize that everything we see in our world is His, then we will begin to realize that we literally own nothing; we are merely stewards handling the wealth of our Master.

Stewards!

As money managers, we must understand that we do not have the right to dictate how it is to be spent or invested; only God does.

He is still in control, and He wants to have the final word in the matter.

The second principle of prosperity is that God wants His resources used in a way that glorifies Him.

Submission!

Not only does He own it all and have the right to tell us how to manage it, but He also expects us to obey.

Our obedience in money matters brings Him glory.

The Lord wants us to keep this in mind as we put His resources into circulation to accomplish His work, to meet basic needs, and to provide enjoyment.

Ask God two questions:

How much do You want to be designated for Your work?

What proportion should go to meet my basic needs and the needs of others?

When we accept that God owns it all, that we are His money managers and our resources are to be used to glorify Him, then we will be satisfied with His choices for how to use the money we have.

How satisfied are you?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 12 Jul 2020, 10:34 pm

Our Only Hope
by MyManna

Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war … On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords. (Rev 19:11, 16)

There are different forms of government and economies in this world.

We have democracies, socialism, communism, monarchies, capitalism.

We have emperors, caesars, kings, pharaohs, tzars, khans, sultans, rajahs, caliphs, tribal chiefs, presidents, prime ministers.

Civilizations came and went.  Empires rose and fell.  No nation or kingdom withstood the test of time.

National and global problems swell in numbers - poverty, hunger, homeless, jobless, diseases, environment, pollution, border wars, trade wars, social divides and many more.

But like Abraham, we are looking for a better world whose maker and builder is God (Heb 11:10).

Democracies, monarchies, and other forms of government are earthly and temporary.

Only one system will really work – theocracy.

At one time, God was the king of the Israelites.  But they rejected Him and wanted a king like their neighbors.

That did not work out.  Earthly kings, even godly ones, ruled and died.  There was no guarantee that their sons ruled wisely.

All these kings point to one King who will bring about permanent peace on earth.

This will happen when Christ returns to earth as King of kings. 

He will create a new world order – a new heaven and a new earth.

On that day, He will reign on earth.  There will be global peace. 

Everyone will love one another and seek the good of his neighbor.

Nation will not go to war against nation (Isa 2:4).  All will share with one another.  There will be no poverty and hunger any more.

We look forward earnestly for His return to establish theocracy on earth.

He is our only hope for an eternal kingdom with worldwide peace.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 11 Jul 2020, 10:12 pm

Whose Approval Are You Seeking?
by My Manna

For they loved the glory that comes from man more than the glory that comes from God. (John 12:43)

Some of the Jews believed in Jesus but dared not confess it for fear of the Pharisees.

They were afraid to be excommunicated by them.

Jesus said that these Jews loved the praise of the Pharisees more than the praise that comes from God.

Seeking man's praise instead of God's is loving self more than God.

We want ourselves to be praised and approved by man.

True discipleship is denial of self, not love of self.

Those who love their life in this world will lose it. Those who despise their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.  All those who want to be my disciples must come and follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And if they follow me, the Father will honor them. (John 12:25-26)

Do we value our lives more than God's approval?

Are we ashamed to confess Christ before man?

Are we afraid of losing friends if we tell them that we are Christian?  Or that there are certain sinful things we don’t do?

Are we afraid that they will laugh at us?

Man's approval is deceitful.  We feel good with man's approval.  But this type of goodness does not last.  It does not fully satisfy us.

God's approval is great blessing.  God is fair.  He knows what we have done for Him, no matter how small, or whether we have been noticed by man or not.

God's approval is eternal, satisfying, rejoicing, and rewarding.

When we have God's approval, we do not need man's approval.

Whose approval are you seeking?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 10 Jul 2020, 1:37 pm

Pray for Those in Authority
by My Manna

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Tim 2:1-4)

We are called to be a praying people praying for all people.

What can we pray for them?  For their salvation.

We are exhorted to pray for kings.

Paul prayed for Nero, the Roman emperor, who was to execute him a few years later after writing this epistle.

Jesus said, "Pray for your enemies." (Matt 5:44)

The Jews in exile were to pray for their Babylonian captors (Jer 29:7).

Cyrus allowed the Jews to return to Jerusalem to offer sacrifices and to pray for the life of the king and his sons (Ezra 6:10).

Josephus, the Jewish historian, wrote about how the Jews refused to pray for their Roman magistrates.  They used to offer a lamb daily for the Roman emperor until the Zealots instigated them to cease this practice.  This eventually led to the rebellion against Rome which ended in their destruction as a nation.

It is our duty to pray for our government and those in authority.

Pray for our president, prime ministers, cabinet ministers, members of parliament, justices, judges, civil service officers, police officers, army officers, civil defense officers.

Pray that they will govern our country with justice and equity.

Pray for their salvation too.

Pray that we may have peace in our country.  When there is peace in the country, we have opportunities to preach the Gospel.

God desires all to be saved.  He is unwilling that any should perish but that all should come to repentance (2 Pet 3:9).

Let's pray.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 09 Jul 2020, 11:14 pm

Divine Authority Given To You
by MyManna

And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise. (Gal 3:29)

You are an heir. The next time you are feeling low or insignificant, worried or frustrated, confused, confounded or just plain conned, stop and consider this: you are an heir.

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ." (Rom 8:16-17)

"An heir to what?" you ask. That's a fair question.

You an heir to every promise God makes in the Bible. You are an heir to the great power and promise of God, your Heavenly Father.

When Jesus says, "Fear not", you have no reason to fear. Your faith in Christ puts God in your corner.

When the Lord says, "I will never abandon you", you have no reason to feel abandoned or alone. He is with you always.

The psalms are filled with promises of strength, protection, deliverance, fulfillment and healing that David clung tightly to.

David, king of Israel, knew all too well that, despite his sins and failings, God loved him and kept watch over him.

You, too, can cling tightly - and confidently - to God.

When Paul wrote that he was content no matter what physical state he found himself in -whether full or hungry, in need or lacking nothing - he was fully aware of the promise that was his in Christ. "I can do all things in Christ Who strengthens me", he boldly proclaimed. Philippians 4:11-13.

You, too, can do all things in Christ, who is your strength.

You see, as a child of God, you have great and mighty power available to you - to see you to the other side of every storm, to move the mountain that blocks your path, to implement the
changes needed in your life. When life feels too tough, remember His promises. Look in His Word and find what you need. God's promises are for you, just as they were for Paul,
and David, and Abraham.

Do you know you have the power from God to live life to the fullest and to execute God's will to usher His kingdom on earth?

You are not ordinary; You are extraordinary in Jesus Christ!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 08 Jul 2020, 11:22 am

You Are Complete in Christ
by My Manna

And you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. (Col 2:10)

But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. (Jas 1:4)

A king once asked the best carpenter in the land to make a wooden chest, complete with intricate carvings on the chest.

After it was made, it was presented before the king.

An adviser looked at the wooden chest and suggested that some improvements be made.

The king, however, replied that it was not necessary.  Since it was made by the best carpenter, the design is perfect.  The carpenter knows what was best.  There was no improvement that needed to be made.

When Jesus died on the cross, His work of salvation is made complete. Nothing needs to be added to His work.  His death made our salvation perfect and complete.

When we are united with Christ, we are placed in Him.

Everything about us is perfect.  Nothing needs to be added to us to make us any better.

We are not perfect as in having a body that will never grow old.

But we are perfect and complete in Him because of Him.

We have the best in terms of our salvation, our body, our family, our abilities, our past, our education, our jobs.

There is nothing lacking about our salvation, significance, security, satisfaction, or sanctification.

We have all we need in Christ and that is more than sufficient for us.

God promises to be with us every minute.

He promises to provide for us as He provided manna for the Israelites for forty years.

He promises to protect us from evil and harm.

He promises to hear and answer our prayers according to His will.

He promises we can have victory in this present life because He will fight our battles for us.

So stop thinking you are inferior, defeated, defective, unforgiven, dirty.

You are complete, a masterpiece, sanctified, holy, indwelt by the Spirit, gifted.

Christ is the ruler and authority in the universe.  When He says you are complete, you are complete.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 07 Jul 2020, 10:48 am

And We Know
My Manna

Some time ago, two Chinese women shared their father’s story with me.

He was arrested in a roundup of house church members and given a choice—to deny Christ or go to jail.
The man spent 20 years imprisoned for his faith.

I was moved to tears by this brother’s godly testimony.

He understood that God was in control of his life, and that realization gave him the courage to please his Father regardless of the repercussions.

Romans 8:28 teaches that-

“God causes all things to work together for good to those who love Him.”

But relying on that guarantee gets tough when we’re in the midst of trials.

The first few words of the verse—“And we know” —provide a hint about how Christians are to trust that the Lord will keep His promise.

We can face adversity courageously when we make a habit of finding God’s fingerprints on prior situations in our life.

While God causes good to come from our experiences-
He doesn't necessarily initiate trials.

Psalm 103:19 says, “His sovereignty rules over all”.

Other forces are at work in the world, but the Father’s power reigns supreme.

Satan may touch our life with pain, but only because the Lord allows him to do so.

And God gives permission-
-only when a situation fits His ultimate purpose.

Regardless of the tragedies we face-

God’s commitment remains the same;

He makes good out of bad, just as He has always done.

Paul knew the promise was true, and so do I.

Examine your life for evidence of the Lord at work.
And you will be assured as well.

Cast Your Cares
My Manna

"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you;he will never let the righteous be shaken." Psalm 55:22.

Imagine walking through a crowded airport.

You cannot move without bumping into someone, you’re late for your flight, and the wheels just broke on your over-packed suitcase.

With no other option, you are forced to carry the luggage in your arms and slowly maneuver through the congested lobby toward the ticketing area.

Almost immediately, a young man approaches and offers to carry your bags, but you refuse, saying-
“No, thanks. I can do it myself.”

Realizing that the ticket counter is two levels up, you make your way to the stairs.

Someone asks, “Wouldn't it be easier to take the elevator? It’s right over there.”
But you reply, “No, I can do it myself.”

As you finally make it to the top of the staircase, your arms feel numb from the pressure of your bags.
Your legs are starting to buckle from the weight.
Your back aches from supporting the heavy load.
Then you spot a collection of unused baggage carts but ignore them, thinking-
No, I can do it myself.

This is a silly story, isn't it?
Who would prefer to carry such a heavy burden, ignoring every opportunity to set it down?
Yet many believers are doing just that.

Our heavenly Father has called us to lay our cares at His feet.

But when we fail to come to Him in prayer, we are just as foolish as the person staggering through the airport, mumbling-
“I can do it myself.”

Are you trying to carry a burden that is greater than you can bear?
Don’t ignore God’s offer to help.

True Freedom
My Manna

“Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever.  So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed" (John 8:34-36)

Today, we talk about political freedom, religious freedom, economic freedom, personal freedom, financial freedom.

Freedom has become synonymous with personal independence – doing what you want to do, making your own choices, choosing your own path, saying what you want to say.

So I ask those who say they want freedom:

What do you want to do?

What choices do you want to make?

Which path do you want to take?

What do you want to say?

You don’t have the freedom to hurt another person.

You don’t have the freedom to pursue your hobby and neglect reading your Bible.

You don’t have the freedom to commit suicide.

You don't have the freedom to say things that are not true.

True freedom is freedom to do what is right and good for yourself and others for the glory of God.

When God created man, He gave man the freedom to enjoy all the good.  But man abused his freedom and chose to do what is wrong.

As a result, man becomes enslaved to do what is wrong, that is, sin.

Sin is rebellion against God.  It is running away from God and running into enslavement.

True freedom comes first by being free from enslavement to sin.

This freedom was purchased by Jesus, the Son of God, when He died on the cross and paid for the penalty of our sin.

We are also set free from the power of sin, worry, all kinds of fear, anger, impatience, lying. 

We are set free to:

Do the will of God, be who God made us to be, take time to be holy, be controlled by the Spirit.

Choose to exercise faith in God, love others, do good.

Walk in the paths of righteousness, think wise and holy thoughts.

Say words of encouragement, affirmation, wisdom to others.

As a result of practicing true freedom in Christ, we have love, joy, and peace.

That is true freedom.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 06 Jul 2020, 11:48 pm

I Surrender All
by My Manna

God said (to Abraham), “Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.” (Gen 22:2)

God instructed Abraham to sacrifice his son, Isaac.

Notice that God said, "Your son, your only son, whom you love."

Isaac was Abraham's treasure.

God had promised Abraham that He would make of him a great nation through Isaac.

Abraham had great hope that God's promise would come true through Isaac.

He had already sent Ishmael away.  If Isaac was no more, Abraham would be without an heir.

But Abraham believed that God's promise would come true. Perhaps God would cause another miracle and give Abraham another Isaac.

Abraham was resigned to the command to sacrifice Isaac.

He must be very heartbroken to give up Isaac.

He loved Isaac dearly.  He was a lovely boy.  He was a miracle.  Abraham was already 99 years old and Sarah, being barren, was already 89 years old when Isaac was born.

But if it was God's will, he would carry it out.

It was not easy for him to carry out God's command.

He had to surrender his beloved son, Isaac.

He had to be childless again. 

What was God thinking?  How can this be God's plan?  I can never be a great nation, he thought.  Or perhaps God meant to make Ishmael a great nation?

He had to give up his future plans. 

He thought he could raise up Isaac for God.  He thought of being a grandfather to Isaac's sons and daughters.  Maybe he might live to see his great grandchildren.  How wonderful that would be!

But all these dreams would be gone.  God called him to sacrifice Isaac.

If God calls you to sacrifice your dearest dreams, would you do it obediently and willingly?

Are we holding back anything from God?

God sacrificed His only beloved Son.

He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? (Rom 8:32)

God calls us to deny our lives and dreams and live the life that He calls us to live, that is, to live God's dream for our lives.

He is wiser than us.  His plan for us is better than our plans for ourselves.

Will you surrender all to Him and walk in His ways and live out His will for your life?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 04 Jul 2020, 9:51 pm

Claim His Promises
by MyManna

"Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised." (Heb 10:35-36)

The Bible is full of the promises of God.

Someone counted 7,487 promises in the Bible.

God wants to bless us.  He promises so many times to bless us in so many ways.

His promises reveal who He is and His relationship with us.

He loves us.  That is why He wants to bless us.

Imagine a person possessing a nice house, with nice furniture, a comfortable bed, a beautiful garden.  Yet he is sleeping on the roadside.

We are surrounded by God's promises.  They are ours.  Yet we are living in spiritual poverty.

How can we claim God's promises?

The verse above tells us of three responsibilities we have to fulfil:

Faith or confidence.
We must believe that what God promises, He will perform.

God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  He is as faithful as He was in the past. 

The Bible contains stories of His faithfulness. 

God is holy.  He cannot lie.

Endurance.
We need patience to wait for God to act.

He promises He will act, but according to His time-table.

He is the all-wise God.  He knows the future because He is already there.

He knows when the best time is for Him to provide for us.

Obedience.
We must do the will of God according to His Word.

If we are not right with God, we need to straighten our relationship with Him first.

We cannot depend on our own cleverness.  We must submit to God.

Are we exercising faith in Him?  Are we patiently waiting on Him?  Are we doing His will?

Then we can be sure we will receive what He has promised.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 03 Jul 2020, 2:34 pm

Trust God’s Timing
by My Manna

"Lord, how long will the wicked . . . triumph?" (Ps 93:3).

I'm sure you also have asked that question. This sentiment is expressed many times in Scripture. The great saints of God cried out, "O Lord, how long?" When David was being chased by King Saul, many times he said, "How long, O Lord, before I get my throne? You've promised it to me." (Ps 94:3-10)

The psalmist tells us that God has His plan. He hears our prayers and sees our need. He knows exactly what is going on. The wicked think that they have everything under control. "Yet they say, 'The Lord does not see, nor does the God of Jacob understand"' (v. 7). "God can't see what we're doing; God's not going to do anything."

That's the false confidence of the wicked.

God sees what's going on in this world. He hears the cries of His own people and disciplines those who need discipline.

Our tendency, of course, is to take things into our own hands. Moses tried that approach, and it sent him to the wilderness for 40 years to learn how to trust God's timing and method.

When you find yourself crying out, "How long, O Lord, how long," focus on God and remember that He knows as much about the situation as you do—probably more. Then wait on Him. Watch and pray. You can be sure that He will keep His promises.

Learning to trust God's methods and timing is a lifelong course. When you need to wait patiently for God to act, first look to Him and lay hold of His promises in Scripture. Then rest in His care. He knows your situation, and He keeps His word. He will act at the right time.- Warren Wiersbe

Prayer: Lord, I put my time entirely in Your hands. Though circumstances may not seem to be in my favor, I will still trust in You no matter what happens. I believe that Your eye will guide me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 02 Jul 2020, 7:04 pm

Making Sense of Our Suffering
by My Manna

“But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.” (Isa 43:1-3)

Maybe you are undergoing pain because:

You were wrongly accused
You were unfairly treated
You lost your job
You lost a loved one
You have a serious health condition
You are bearing a very heavy burden
You are stuck in life
Why does God allow us to go through suffering?

Suffering is a part of life in this fallen world.  There is a time to weep and a time to laugh.

We will experience peace in the midst of our suffering when we believe that God is in control of our suffering.  We believe that God still loves us.  We still believe He is good all the time.  We accept this suffering as from our Heavenly Father's hand.  We know that this suffering is not going to last forever.  Our faith in God will help us overcome discouragement and doubt.

God allows suffering to come into our lives:

To toughen us.

To help us become more spiritually mature and Christlike.

To accomplish His plan through us.

To help us desire God and heaven.

To allow God to show to the devil that we still fear Him.

So that we can show the world He is real as we trust Him.

So that we can know He is our sovereign, all-wise, good God.

So that we can comfort and bless others.

To understand the sufferings of Christ.

To present the Gospel that Jesus suffered for our sins.

To glorify God.

Are you still struggling with God?  Let Him continue His good work in you through your suffering.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 01 Jul 2020, 7:22 pm

Live by His Grace
by My Manna

My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness (2 Cor 12:8)

God wants us to live by grace.  His grace.

Our God is a gracious God.  Jesus is full of grace and truth.

God is love.

Though there are laws and commands in the Bible, God commanded them out of love for us.

A caring mother will warn her child, "Don't go near the stove.  It is hot."

God's grace is His favor upon us regardless of our race, age, gender, our past or our present.

We don’t deserve His blessings, but He lavishes His love upon us (Eph 1:3-8).

And because God is gracious, we should reflect His grace.

We should live life fully aware and thankful to Him that we are alive because of Him.

We worship Him because we love Him and want to worship Him.

We bless others because God loves them.  

We serve others not to earn any reward or expecting anything in return.  We serve out of love for others, whether they deserve it or not.

We forgive others.  We love our enemies.

We love the unlovely.  We help the needy.

All because God extends His love towards us though we don’t deserve Him.

We were once enemies of God.  We were sinfully unlovely. We need God's forgiveness.  We are still needy people.

Yet God continues to forgive us, bless us, and provides for us.  

When we think life is hard or when we find it uncomfortable helping others, think about God's grace towards us though we don’t deserve it.

His grace is sufficient for us.

Ask the Lord to help us to live by His grace.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 28 Jun 2020, 12:08 am

Now do it!
by My Manna

"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today" (Hebrews 3:13). 

Many a long-distance runner has come around that final turn wondering if he has enough energy left to finish the race, only to be energized by the cheering of the crowd.  

He may feel like he's running the remainder of the race in slow motion.

But his exertion is fortified by the voices of onlookers. 

Words can have a powerful effect.

They can build up or tear down.  

Our words can, and should be, encouraging ones, words that help others-especially those who are running the race of faith alongside us.  

The race is hard, the challenge real, and the temptation to sin constant. 

Hebrews warns us of the possibility of drifting, of allowing our hearts to harden, of being deceived by sin.  

That is a very real danger that each Christian faces.

Our natural tendency is away from God, not toward Him. 

An antidote for this is encouraging words.

The community of believers should daily give exhortations to help keep one another from developing a hardened heart.  

As each of us has a responsibility to keep our hearts anchored close to God-

- so each has a responsibility to help others do so as well.  

Notice that we are to encourage one another "Today" (v 13).

Any day that you can call "today" is a day that you are to be an encourager. 

Your assignment is to encourage someone in his faith today.

Who will it be and what will you do?  

Now do it!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next