Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» NUGGET Today's Devotional
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:56 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:53 pm by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:47 pm by Admin

» Daily Encounter with: ACTS International
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:34 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:31 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:28 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:23 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:15 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:14 pm by Admin

» Rep. Ilhan Omar AOC SQUAD must go: READ MORE
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:08 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 7:38 pm by Admin

» BREITBART NEWS
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 6:46 pm by Admin

» BIRTH PANGS – Series of Powerful Earthquakes Volcano's Strike Around the Globe
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 1:38 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 1:16 pm by Admin

» HALLOWEEN Good Article to Share
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2019, 10:32 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2019, 10:31 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2019, 10:07 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2019, 9:59 am by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2019, 9:14 am by Admin

» STABBINGS - MURDERS - HATE CRIMES
My Manna - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2019, 9:13 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My Manna

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

My Manna - Page 2 Empty Re: My Manna

Post  Admin on Thu 18 Jul 2019, 4:13 pm

My Manna

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.They will soar on wings like eagles;they will run and not grow weary,they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31.

When I witnessed an eagle in flight-
I understood why God used this bird to describe a relationship with Him. 

The eagle—which simply opens its wings and soars—is wholly dependent upon air currents to keep it aloft.

In contrast, we oftentimes beat our wings trying to be better Christians. 
We resolve to read the Bible more or to improve at keeping our temper. 
We strive to escape old habits and temptations. 

But instead of flying to the mountaintops-
- we remain on the valley floor with tired wings. 

This is because we sometimes get confused about what makes a person spiritually mature. 

The godly believer isn't someone who tries and tries to do well. 
I've been a believer long enough to know that I can’t live the Christian life. 

This flesh of mine isn't any better today than it was the day I was saved.

Spiritual maturity means recognizing that we do not change ourselves. 
The flesh is corrupt, and it cannot be suppressed by any human means. 

But our omnipotent Father subdues our imperfect impulses through His Spirit. 

For example-
God’s indwelling Spirit can calm anger and wield His strength to weaken the lure of temptations. 

While others tire from trying to be good, the mature believer relies on the Lord and will “mount up with wings like eagles” Isa. 40:31.

Isaiah reminds us that even young men stumble and grow weak. 
Anyone trying to change himself will burn out beating his wings against the world system and his own flesh. 

God did not make our human bodies, minds, or spirits to fly solo. 
He created us to soar on His strength!
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 15 Jul 2019, 11:10 pm

My Manna

“Christ has truly set us free.” Galatians 5:1.
The reason we can know genuine freedom is that-Jesus “has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us” 2 Peter 1:3.
Oftentimes people say-“I would like to become a Christian, but I don’t dare start because I know I couldn't live up to all that is required.” 
Of course they couldn't. 
And that is precisely why this generous assurance is given. 

God says that you and I have been granted everything we will ever need to live a triumphant Christian life.

The Lord’s glorious provision, however, begins only after we trust Christ for salvation. 

We have to take the plunge of faith before His divine power is released into our life. 

Once we've taken the step of believing in Jesus, all things are available, including courage, forgiveness, vision, wisdom, and a deepening trust in God.

Such a promise is hard to comprehend because it seems too good to be true. 

Many people pass it by with hardly an acknowledgement. 
Others look askance and wonder what needs to happen for it to become a reality in their life. 

As with all of God’s promises, you must accept it before you can act upon it. 
And while recognizing the promise as yours is one thing, applying it in daily life can be quite another matter. 

Ultimately, the promise is realized by the full experiential knowledge of Jesus as we hunger and thirst for the living water He supplies. 

Only when we refuse to be content with the world’s broken cisterns-
- will we find the fullness of this promise working in us.Jer. 2:13
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 11 Jul 2019, 7:03 pm

Pursuing His purpose!
Tue Jul 2, 2019 11:49 pm (PDT) . Posted by: "My Manna" mymannagroup
My Manna

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.." 1 John 5:14-15.

Believers can have wrong desires. 

In fact, if we work hard enough—by pressing ahead of divine timing, manipulating our circumstances, and even acting dishonestly—we may be able to make those wishes reality. 

But anything gained apart from God will prove to be empty and disappointing..

Having desires is good—goals drive us and set the direction for our life. 
But we want our objectives to match the ones God has for us. 

Longings contrary to His purposes have the power to corrupt the body, mind, or spirit and can also cause believers to fall into temptation. 2 Pet. 2:9-10 ; 1 Tim. 6:9.

How can we be sure our desires are right? 

A godly ambition is usually specific and fixed, and it will stand up to evaluation through prayer and Bible study. 

In contrast, a wrong desire fails to meet these criteria. 

For instance, some people have only a vague sense of what they want from life. 
Or their yearning changes easily as circumstances shift or time passes. 

Most dangerous is that goal which is pursued despite its incompatibility with a righteous lifestyle. 

In such cases, the believer has neglected to consider two vital questions: 
Does God want this for me? 
And Can I follow Christ and this objective at the same time?

Many of the things we desire are not specifically addressed in Scripture as “thou shalt” or “thou shalt not.” 

That is why God has given us access to the Holy Spirit’s wisdom and discernment. 
We must prayerfully evaluate our longings to ensure we are within the Lord’s will and pursuing His purpose for our
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 05 Jul 2019, 9:50 pm

My Manna

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14-15.

Believers can have wrong desires. 

In fact, if we work hard enough—by pressing ahead of divine timing, manipulating our circumstances, and even acting dishonestly—we may be able to make those wishes reality. 

But anything gained apart from God will prove to be empty and disappointing.

Having desires is good—goals drive us and set the direction for our life. 
But we want our objectives to match the ones God has for us. 

Longings contrary to His purposes have the power to corrupt the body, mind, or spirit and can also cause believers to fall into temptation. 2 Pet. 2:9-10 ; 1 Tim. 6:9.

How can we be sure our desires are right? 

A godly ambition is usually specific and fixed, and it will stand up to evaluation through prayer and Bible study. 

In contrast, a wrong desire fails to meet these criteria. 

For instance, some people have only a vague sense of what they want from life. 
Or their yearning changes easily as circumstances shift or time passes. 

Most dangerous is that goal which is pursued despite its incompatibility with a righteous lifestyle. 

In such cases, the believer has neglected to consider two vital questions: 
Does God want this for me? 
And Can I follow Christ and this objective at the same time?

Many of the things we desire are not specifically addressed in Scripture as “thou shalt” or “thou shalt not.” 

That is why God has given us access to the Holy Spirit’s wisdom and discernment. 
We must prayerfully evaluate our longings to ensure we are within the Lord’s will and pursuing His purpose for our life.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 10:10 pm

My Manna

"Return to your rest, my soul,for the Lord has been good to you." Psalm 116:1-7.

"This is what the Lord says:

“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths,ask where the good way is, and walk in it,and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, ‘We will not walk in it.’ Jeremiah 6:16. 

The prophet’s wisdom offers timeless practical advice on how to handle burdens.

Stand!

“Stand at the crossroads and look.” 

In a time of turmoil, our minds race ahead to think of all that could happen in the future. 
We ask ourselves lots of “what if” questions and frequently fall victim to unfounded worry. 

To “stand” means to turn our mind from its troubling thoughts of the future and to focus on God. 
It’s similar to being at an intersection with signs pointing many different ways. 

We wait, not moving until we know in which direction to head.

Seek!
“Ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is.” 

The road of trouble has been well traveled by the saints of the faith-
- and their footsteps have made it into a path of glory to God. 

Meditate on the cries of King David in the Psalms or on the prayers of others in the Bible. 
Ponder their responses as well as the way they reveal their faith and trust in God, even while suffering greatly. 

Accept the Spirit’s revelation of the ancient path of faith and the good way of trust. 
Then pray for courage to walk those paths as Jesus did.

Stay!
“Walk in it and you will find rest for your souls.” 

With eyes firmly fixed on our Jesus Christ-
- resolve to walk down this road of suffering in a way that is honoring to Him. 

Draw deeply on the Holy Spirit’s strength for the next step, and seek to be obedient in thought, word, and deed. 

You will discover that as you follow Him, sweet, soul-satisfying rest will be found.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 16 Jun 2019, 9:42 pm

My Manna

Power of the Bible

How can we know the truth about God? 

Must we grope around in the dark, only guessing and never knowing the truth? 
Is religion just a matter of personal opinion or viewpoint, with one philosopher’s ideas as good as the next? 

The Bible says no! It tells us that we can know the truth—because God has revealed Himself to us.

Since man’s fall in the Garden of Eden-
God has continued to reveal Himself in history. 

God chose a man, Abraham, who became a great nation, the Hebrews. 
He miraculously delivered His chosen people from Egypt. 
Under Moses’ leadership they crossed the Red Sea. 

God gave them the Ten Commandments. 
He gave Israel prophets whose divinely inspired predictions were absolutely trustworthy.

But most of all, God revealed Himself in the Person of His Son, Jesus Christ. 
“No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.” John 1:18. 

God confirmed that Jesus is truly God the Son by His miracles, and by raising Him from the dead. Luke 24:44–48; Acts 2:32. 

The message and faith of the Christian are anchored in what God has done in history. 
They are not anchored in a church, religious traditions or personal feelings.

They are anchored in the assurance of what God has done, recorded and revealed in the Bible. 

Don’t let anything or anyone shake your confidence in the trustworthiness, authority and ​​power of the Bible.

"Dear God, help me trust Your infallible Word, for every step of every day and for every issue I face on my Christian journey. Please keep me anchored in Your Word and in You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 15 Jun 2019, 11:17 pm

My Manna

"If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever." 1 Timothy 5:8.

Ron Farmer of the University of New South Wales (Australia) Psychology Department said:

"Any man seeking too strenuously for recognition in his early adult life was likely to find that neglect of his family unit during that time would lead to an alienation from his wife and children at the time he most needed their affection and understanding."

As fathers we know we are to provide for our families-
- but this provision goes far beyond just meeting physical needs. 

We are to model Christian fatherhood and provide for our families' spiritual needs. 

Equally important is to be present for our family and meet their emotional needs-
- the absence of which is a major cause of family breakdown.

As fathers we need to be emotionally present and connected to our wives and children. 

However, if we're not connected to our own emotions and inner self-
- we cannot be emotionally connected to or intimate with our families or anyone else.

Listening beyond words to what our loved ones are saying and feeling, and accepting, caring, spending quality time with them is all a vital part of providing for our family's needs. 

"Dear God, help me to be connected to my own 'inner self' so I can be fully connected to you and my loved ones. Help me to change so my loved ones will never say that I was distant or emotionally uninvolved with them. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully in Jesus' Name, Amen."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 13 Jun 2019, 11:23 pm

My Manna

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.He will not grow tired or weary,and his understanding no one can fathom.He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31.

Almost all of us can recall times when our bodies and minds have felt tired from manual labour and mental strain.
If these conditions become constant or extreme, it is very easy for us to become burned out.

Fortunately, we have been provided with specific encouragement for such times of exhaustion.
Today’s Scripture reading reveals three reassuring truths about God and His faithfulness in our times of weakness.

First-
Power of God!

We learn that the Lord “does not become weary or tired.” v. 28.
Therefore, we can call upon a God who won’t ever run out of power.

His strength has never decreased and will not decrease in the future.
He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Heb. 13:8.

Second-
Provision of God!

We find that “He gives strength to the weary” and power to those who are not mighty. Isa. 40:29.
Our loving heavenly Father does not frown upon us when we are weak.

Instead, He embraces us and lifts us up when we are unable to help ourselves.

Finally-
Promise of God!

We are given an incredible promise.
Verse 31 reads, “Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.”

The next time you feel too tired or frustrated to go on, remember this:
Our God is not exhaustible.

Instead, He is faithful to provide a supply of endless divine strength to those who are willing to wait for His perfect timing.
In all things, He gives exactly what we need for the moment at hand.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 07 Jun 2019, 11:24 pm

My Manna
"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." Jeremiah 31:31-33.

This Saturday evening begins the celebration of Shavuot!

Most Christians might recognize this as the celebration of Pentecost in Acts 2. 

However, the very first Shavuot actually took place fifty days after the Israelites crossed the Red Sea about 1500 years before Acts was even written. 
It was on this day that the law was given on tablets of stone.

Interestingly, it was also fifty days after the resurrection of Jesus that Shavuot was celebrated again. 
But this time, the law of God was written upon the hearts of men, just as God promised through the prophets Ezekiel and Jeremiah.

Shavuot is both a celebration of the God's faithfulness in the early harvest and an anticipation of the abundance of the harvest yet to come. 

This day, a couple of thousand years ago-
3000 Jewish people came to faith in Messiah. 

The day will soon come when those for whom we've been petitioning God in prayer will come to know the Lord and all of Israel shall be saved!

Let's anticipate great things! 

Be praying for revelation for those we love who haven't yet seen the truth of the Lord. 
And please also be praying for the salvation of Israel!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 29 May 2019, 11:14 am

My Manna

"Those who trust in themselves are fools,but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe." Proverbs 28:26.

According to 2 Corinthians 5:7, believers are to walk by faith. 

However, with so many voices clamouring for us to follow worldly paths-
- we often struggle to hear and apply God's wisdom. 

For example, it is hard to ignore our natural impulse to withhold mercy, even though the Lord says we must forgive. Eph. 4:32.

Godly wisdom is the capacity to view things as the Lord does and to respond according to biblical principles. 
This discernment isn't automatic. 

Yes, God's Holy Spirit lives inside believers to prompt them to do right. 
However, each individual chooses whether or not to pursue the wise way.

To walk wisely, a person must commit to remaining on the right path—that is, to determine in his or her heart, I will follow God no matter what. 

Pleasing the Lord and conforming to His likeness are always the right things to do.

Resolving to honour God transforms the way we make decisions. 
It means choosing to seek His viewpoint in a given situation instead of following instincts or impulses. 

And rather than relying on other people's advice-
- it involves a decision to search Scripture for verification of what God seems to be saying. 

As a result, the Spirit's quiet voice becomes easier to discern, and those worldly shouts fade.

You have a loving heavenly Father who honors the heartfelt commitment to walk according to His will. 
God assumes responsibility for offering His children sought-after wisdom and enabling them to keep walking on the right path. Prov. 3:5-6. 

Following Him is always the best decision!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 27 May 2019, 4:40 pm

My Manna

"Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.” 1 Corinthians 15:33.
In an ideal environment-
- all our relationships would draw us closer to the Lord. 

However, we live in a fallen world with sinful people, so that is not our reality. 

God wants us to influence those who aren't walking obediently with Him-
- but unless we're careful, 
- we could easily end up following them. 

How are we to deal with relationships that drag us down instead of building us up?

Prayer! 
Your first step is to pray for the people who tend to pull you away from God. 

It's not your job to change them-
- but you can ask the Lord to work in their lives. 

And don't forget to ask Him to give you the wisdom and patience you need in your interactions with them.

Parting! 
You may have to break off a relationship if it's hindering your Christian walk. 

However, this should be done only after much prayer and wise counsel. 

Remember, some relationships are meant to be permanent, so listen carefully to what God is telling you.

Perseverance! 
If the negative relationship never changes and the Lord is not calling you to break off association with that person-
- then He wants you to persevere in the situation. 

In that case, your goal is to walk faithfully with your heavenly Father despite any hindrances or opposition.

If you deal with negative relationships-
- you should also cultivate friendships with godly people who can help you grow in your faith. 

Spend time in God's Word-- filling your mind with truths that anchor your soul in stormy situations!

Persevere in walking faithfully with Christ—you may even influence the other person.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 20 May 2019, 9:15 pm

My Manna

"Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.” 1 Corinthians 15:33.

In an ideal environment-
- all our relationships would draw us closer to the Lord. 

However, we live in a fallen world with sinful people, so that is not our reality. 

God wants us to influence those who aren't walking obediently with Him-
- but unless we're careful, 
- we could easily end up following them. 

How are we to deal with relationships that drag us down instead of building us up?

Prayer! 
Your first step is to pray for the people who tend to pull you away from God. 

It's not your job to change them-
- but you can ask the Lord to work in their lives. 

And don't forget to ask Him to give you the wisdom and patience you need in your interactions with them.

Parting! 
You may have to break off a relationship if it's hindering your Christian walk. 

However, this should be done only after much prayer and wise counsel. 

Remember, some relationships are meant to be permanent, so listen carefully to what God is telling you.

Perseverance! 
If the negative relationship never changes and the Lord is not calling you to break off association with that person-
- then He wants you to persevere in the situation. 

In that case, your goal is to walk faithfully with your heavenly Father despite any hindrances or opposition.

If you deal with negative relationships-
- you should also cultivate friendships with godly people who can help you grow in your faith. 

Spend time in God's Word-
- filling your mind with truths that anchor your soul in stormy situations!

Persevere in walking faithfully with Christ—you may even influence the other person.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 12 May 2019, 9:28 pm

My Manna
Busy To Bear
"...encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone." 
1 Thessalonians 5:14.
There are hurting people everywhere-
- but at times we just don't know what to say or do to ease their pain. 

Here are few practical ways to bear someone else's burdens:

Stay!

Be there. 
At times the best "method" of helping is simply to be present. 
During our darkest hours, we don't need someone who tries in vain to fix everything; we just need a friend.

Listen. 
Don't attempt to give answers or tell people what to do next. 
Injured souls frequently want only a listening ear so they can express what's on their mind.

Share!

Never parade yourself as someone who seemingly has all the answers. 
Instead, allow your own pain and failures to help others.

Pray. 
There is power in speaking people's names before the Lord. 
When others hear someone talk to Jesus on their behalf, healing often starts to take place.

Give. 
Sometimes helping others involves more than a handshake or warm hug. 
Maybe they need something financial or material. 
One of the best measures of sincerity is how much we're willing to give to others.

Substitute!

You may know an individual who bears the burden of caring for someone else. 
If you step in and take his or her place for a while, you are emulating your Saviour.He, too, was a substitute.
Because we were unable to do it ourselves-
- Jesus bore all of our sin and sorrow, even unto death. 

As a result-
- we can live happily and eternally in communion with our Father. 

If Christ did that for us, how can we ever say-
"I'm too busy to bear someone else's burden"?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 09 May 2019, 9:34 pm

My Manna

"...encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone." 1 Thessalonians 5:14.

There are hurting people everywhere-
- but at times we just don't know what to say or do to ease their pain. 

Here are few practical ways to bear someone else's burdens:

Stay!

Be there. 
At times the best "method" of helping is simply to be present. 
During our darkest hours, we don't need someone who tries in vain to fix everything; we just need a friend.

Listen. 
Don't attempt to give answers or tell people what to do next. 
Injured souls frequently want only a listening ear so they can express what's on their mind.

Share!

Never parade yourself as someone who seemingly has all the answers. 
Instead, allow your own pain and failures to help others.

Pray. 
There is power in speaking people's names before the Lord. 
When others hear someone talk to Jesus on their behalf, healing often starts to take place.

Give. 
Sometimes helping others involves more than a handshake or warm hug. 
Maybe they need something financial or material. 
One of the best measures of sincerity is how much we're willing to give to others.

Substitute!

You may know an individual who bears the burden of caring for someone else. 
If you step in and take his or her place for a while, you are emulating your Saviour.
He, too, was a substitute.

Because we were unable to do it ourselves-
- Jesus bore all of our sin and sorrow, even unto death. 

As a result-
- we can live happily and eternally in communion with our Father. 

If Christ did that for us, how can we ever say-
"I'm too busy to bear someone else's burden"?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 06 May 2019, 9:52 pm

My Manna
"Do not be deceived: "Bad company corrupts good morals."  1 Corinthians 15:33.

How strong do you think you are? 
Are you able to stand up against temptation? 
Do you think you can resist the opinions and attitudes of those who don't respect the love you have for God?

If you think you can-
- the Bible has a warning for you. 

Paul claimed that you will be influenced by the people with whom you spend the most time. 

If you associate with wise people, you will become wise. 
If you hang around with fools, they will influence you in the wrong direction. 

Pretty straightforward, isn't it?

Does this mean, though, that you should never associate with those who hold different beliefs than you do? Of course not. It does mean, however, that you must maintain a real awareness of this truth: 
- both of you are going to have an influence on the other.

Sometimes we argue that we're in a friendship in order to have a Christian influence on a person whose values differ from ours. 
Maybe we are. 

It's crucial, however, never to forget that influence goes both ways. 
At times we can be under someone else's influence far more than we are influencing that person.

Hold up each of your relationships to God and ask for his guidance-
- remaining always prepared to remove yourself from bad company (as he leads you) if your own character is in danger. 

At the same time, be looking for people to spend time with who will encourage you to become more like Christ.

How have you noticed influence working for or against you in your relationships?
Proverbs 13:20-21;Proverbs 22:24-25.

Objectionable?
My Manna

"If food causes my brother to fall, I will never again eat meat, so that I won't cause my brother to fall." 1 Corinthians 8:13.

It's easy to become frustrated with Christians who are weaker in their faith than you are. 
But they don't need your criticism. 
They need your encouragement.

In Paul's time, animals were sacrificed to idols in pagan temples. 
After the animal had been offered to the gods, the temple priests would then sell the meat in the local market. 

Some Christians didn't have a problem buying this meat for food. 
Others, though, refused to have anything to do with it, knowing it had been used in idol worship. 

Personally, Paul wasn't troubled by where the meat came from. 
He knew that the idols were merely pieces of stone or wood, and he considered the meat nothing more than a good bargain.

Yet he knew that eating it could scandalize Christians who disagreed with him.

He could have said, "Well, that's their problem," and dismissed their viewpoint. 

But he considered unity more important than who was right or wrong, so he chose not to eat the meat. 

Though his own conscience freed him to partake of it-
- he chose to refrain so he didn't cause a weaker Christian to be offended.

Is there something you're doing that younger Christians find objectionable? 
Are you causing another believer to stumble in his faith? 
Are you mature enough to give up some of your freedom in order to live in harmony with your fellow believers?

Luke 17:1-2;Romans 13:8-10.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 03 May 2019, 9:21 pm

My Manna

"If food causes my brother to fall, I will never again eat meat, so that I won't cause my brother to fall." 1 Corinthians 8:13.

It's easy to become frustrated with Christians who are weaker in their faith than you are. 
But they don't need your criticism. 
They need your encouragement.

In Paul's time, animals were sacrificed to idols in pagan temples. 
After the animal had been offered to the gods, the temple priests would then sell the meat in the local market. 

Some Christians didn't have a problem buying this meat for food. 
Others, though, refused to have anything to do with it, knowing it had been used in idol worship. 

Personally, Paul wasn't troubled by where the meat came from. 
He knew that the idols were merely pieces of stone or wood, and he considered the meat nothing more than a good bargain.

Yet he knew that eating it could scandalize Christians who disagreed with him.

He could have said, "Well, that's their problem," and dismissed their viewpoint. 

But he considered unity more important than who was right or wrong, so he chose not to eat the meat. 

Though his own conscience freed him to partake of it-
- he chose to refrain so he didn't cause a weaker Christian to be offended.

Is there something you're doing that younger Christians find objectionable? 
Are you causing another believer to stumble in his faith? 
Are you mature enough to give up some of your freedom in order to live in harmony with your fellow believers?

Luke 17:1-2;Romans 13:8-10.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 01 May 2019, 9:00 pm

Helpless?
My Manna

Have you ever felt totally helpless? 
Can you remember facing a situation or emergency in which you were completely powerless? 

It's a sobering experience for anyone. 
Even people who claim to be wholly dependent on God still like to feel as if they have some control over their circumstances.

Jehoshaphat faced a moment like that. 2 Chronicles 20:1-4.

In today's verses, the good king was confronted with dangerous news: 
Three different armies had joined forces to destroy Israel. 
As he listened to the report, "a great multitude" of attackers were already on their way. v. 2.

What was the king's response? 

Verse 3 tells us he was "afraid". 
That makes perfect sense—he no doubt felt utterly powerless. 

However, even in that moment of helplessness, he knew exactly what to do. 

Scripture doesn't say-
- "Jehoshaphat was afraid and ran away" or 
- "Jehoshaphat was afraid but charged headlong into battle." 

Instead, the Bible tells us that- 
"Jehoshaphat was afraid and turned his attention to seek the LORD." 
That was the perfect response to a helpless situation. 

The king knew that this was neither the time to give up nor the time to take action motivated by fear. 
Instead, he did the only wise thing he could—he prayed. 

More than that, he asked others to pray. 
And suddenly, the whole situation changed because God had been brought into a hopeless situation.

When we feel helpless, the first word out of our mouth should be "Father". 
From then on, helplessness isn't an issue, because God will provide what we need
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 24 Apr 2019, 7:11 pm

My Manna

Have you ever felt totally helpless?
Can you remember facing a situation or emergency in which you were completely powerless?

It's a sobering experience for anyone.
Even people who claim to be wholly dependent on God still like to feel as if they have some control over their circumstances.

Jehoshaphat faced a moment like that. 2 Chronicles 20:1-4.

In today's verses, the good king was confronted with dangerous news:
Three different armies had joined forces to destroy Israel.
As he listened to the report, "a great multitude" of attackers were already on their way. v. 2.

What was the king's response?

Verse 3 tells us he was "afraid".
That makes perfect sense—he no doubt felt utterly powerless.

However, even in that moment of helplessness, he knew exactly what to do.

Scripture doesn't say-
- "Jehoshaphat was afraid and ran away" or
- "Jehoshaphat was afraid but charged headlong into battle."

Instead, the Bible tells us that-
"Jehoshaphat was afraid and turned his attention to seek the LORD."

That was the perfect response to a helpless situation.

The king knew that this was neither the time to give up nor the time to take action motivated by fear.
Instead, he did the only wise thing he could—he prayed.

More than that, he asked others to pray.
And suddenly, the whole situation changed because God had been brought into a hopeless situation.

When we feel helpless, the first word out of our mouth should be "Father".
From then on, helplessness isn't an issue, because God will provide what we need.

Surprised by joy!
My Manna
"Weeping may spend the night, but there is joy in the morning." Psalm.30:5.
What a distinctive and intriguing difficulty it was for Jesus' disciples to struggle with disappointment, reluctant to believe in case what they were believing proved untrue.
They were grown men whose lives had been far from sheltered and protected-- yet the experience of the Crucifixion had been more harrowing than any of them ever cared to face again.
Over and over again during the days in which Jesus lay in the grave-- they must have racked their brains to try to find some explanation for why His life had ended on a grisly cross.
Doubtless, in the closing hours of that fateful weekend-- their thoughts must have turned naturally toward how they might go about restructuring their lives.
Then, suddenly, Jesus appeared to them.
His appearance was everything they wanted-- but such was the disappointment already in their hearts that they considered it too good to be true.
Thus they protected themselves against the risk of being disappointed again..
This is the tragedy of disappointment - it can, unless looked at and dealt with, reverberate inside us and hinder us in our pursuit of God.
When disappointment is put into its proper perspective and when faith comes into its own, far from being too good to be true, one discovers that there is nothing else so good and nothing else so true.
God proves Himself to be not just better than our worst fears, but better than our greatest dreams.
No longer believing in joy is quickly followed by being surprised by joy!
"Gracious and loving heavenly Father, give me insight into what I have been looking at today, and show me how to press through all disappointments in the knowledge that beyond the hurts, I shall be "surprised by joy.." Amen."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 20 Apr 2019, 11:51 pm

My Manna

"Weeping may spend the night, but there is joy in the morning." Psalm.30:5.

What a distinctive and intriguing difficulty it was for Jesus' disciples to struggle with disappointment, reluctant to believe in case what they were believing proved untrue. 

They were grown men whose lives had been far from sheltered and protected-
- yet the experience of the Crucifixion had been more harrowing than any of them ever cared to face again.

Over and over again during the days in which Jesus lay in the grave-
- they must have racked their brains to try to find some explanation for why His life had ended on a grisly cross. 

Doubtless, in the closing hours of that fateful weekend-
- their thoughts must have turned naturally toward how they might go about restructuring their lives.

Then, suddenly, Jesus appeared to them. 

His appearance was everything they wanted-
- but such was the disappointment already in their hearts that they considered it too good to be true. 

Thus they protected themselves against the risk of being disappointed again.

This is the tragedy of disappointment - it can, unless looked at and dealt with, reverberate inside us and hinder us in our pursuit of God. 

When disappointment is put into its proper perspective and when faith comes into its own, far from being too good to be true, one discovers that there is nothing else so good and nothing else so true.

God proves Himself to be not just better than our worst fears, but better than our greatest dreams. 

No longer believing in joy is quickly followed by being surprised by joy!

"Gracious and loving heavenly Father, give me insight into what I have been looking at today, and show me how to press through all disappointments in the knowledge that beyond the hurts, I shall be "surprised by joy." Amen."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 18 Apr 2019, 10:59 pm

Fasting 
My Manna

"As the deer pants for streams of water,so my soul pants for you, my God.My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?"As the deer pants for streams of water,so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?" Psalm 42:1-2.
“Dear?” 
The only response this elicits is a distracted “Hmm,” accompanied by the rustle of a newspaper. 
“Could I talk to you?” 
Again a reply of “Hmmm,” followed by silence. 
Then footsteps are heard walking away. Have you ever experienced something similar?
We've all been guilty of inattention to those we love. 
So much clamors for our attention that we at times dodge effort instead of investing in a relationship. Unfortunately, we can do the same thing with God. 
But we don’t want that, do we?
Biblical fasting is one way to help us regain focus concerning our relationship with the Lord and what matters to Him. 
Fasting readies us to concentrate on our Father. 
It is an opportunity to set aside other things in order to seek His face and hear His voice. It is a time of preparation that leads us to fix our attention on God’s purposes and will for us.
Many of us have not tried fasting because it seems too foreign. We don’t know how to begin or when to find the time. 
But if we see it for what it is—a faith experience that sharpens our spiritual vision, intensifies our desire for God, and leads us to better understand His direction—then we will want to try it for ourselves.
Have you been crying out to the Father for more of Him? Do you need to know God’s will for a particular area of your life? 
Biblical fasting is a spiritual discipline that will bring you to the place where your hearing is sharper, your mind is clearer, and your eyes are more firmly fixed on the Lord and His plans. 
Why not discover this for yourself?

Believer's birthright!

My Manna

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7.

While in prison-
Paul penned precious words about the sufficiency of Christ. 

We tend to attach the idea of contentment to beach vacations and mountain retreats-
- but the apostle wrote that we are not to be anxious in any place or at any time, because we have the Lord's peace.

Contentment is the believer's birthright!

Peace is part of the spiritual fruit that's ours when we trust in the Saviour. Gal. 5:22. 
Scripture describes it as an inner peace that passes all understanding. v.7..

Jesus lived through conflict with a sense of inner quiet-
- and because of His indwelling Spirit, that remarkable calm also belongs to God's children. 

That is important because there are times when we come across a problem with no earthly solution. 
In situations like that, we learn that self-sufficiency is a lie. 

We can't cope alone, but Christ is enough for us.

Here is the flip side of the coin: 
"'There is no peace for the wicked,' says the LORD." Isa. 48:22. 

Modern culture slaps the word wicked onto only the most vile of actions and people-
- but God's definition is much broader. 

The wicked are those who willfully reject His right to forgive their sins and take Lordship over their life. 
If you are not a believer, you cannot experience true and lasting contentment.

When we are born again-
- we become children of the living God and rightful heirs to every good thing that He has to offer. John 3:3-8.

This includes the deep, inner peace and joy that can withstand any trial. 
What can man do to the one who belongs to the Lord? Heb. 13:6.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 16 Apr 2019, 11:14 pm

My Manna

"As the deer pants for streams of water,so my soul pants for you, my God.My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?"As the deer pants for streams of water,so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?" Psalm 42:1-2.

“Dear?” 

The only response this elicits is a distracted “Hmm,” accompanied by the rustle of a newspaper. 

“Could I talk to you?” 

Again a reply of “Hmmm,” followed by silence. 

Then footsteps are heard walking away. 

Have you ever experienced something similar?

We've all been guilty of inattention to those we love. 

So much clamors for our attention that we at times dodge effort instead of investing in a relationship. 

Unfortunately, we can do the same thing with God. 

But we don’t want that, do we?

Biblical fasting is one way to help us regain focus concerning our relationship with the Lord and what matters to Him. 

Fasting readies us to concentrate on our Father. 

It is an opportunity to set aside other things in order to seek His face and hear His voice. 

It is a time of preparation that leads us to fix our attention on God’s purposes and will for us.

Many of us have not tried fasting because it seems too foreign. We don’t know how to begin or when to find the time. 

But if we see it for what it is—a faith experience that sharpens our spiritual vision, intensifies our desire for God, and leads us to better understand His direction—then we will want to try it for ourselves.

Have you been crying out to the Father for more of Him? 

Do you need to know God’s will for a particular area of your life? 

Biblical fasting is a spiritual discipline that will bring you to the place where your hearing is sharper, your mind is clearer, and your eyes are more firmly fixed on the Lord and His plans. 

Why not discover this for yourself?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 11 Apr 2019, 10:22 pm

My Manna

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7.

While in prison-
Paul penned precious words about the sufficiency of Christ. 

We tend to attach the idea of contentment to beach vacations and mountain retreats-
- but the apostle wrote that we are not to be anxious in any place or at any time, because we have the Lord's peace.

Contentment is the believer's birthright!

Peace is part of the spiritual fruit that's ours when we trust in the Saviour. Gal. 5:22. 
Scripture describes it as an inner peace that passes all understanding. v.7.

Jesus lived through conflict with a sense of inner quiet-
- and because of His indwelling Spirit, that remarkable calm also belongs to God's children. 

That is important because there are times when we come across a problem with no earthly solution. 
In situations like that, we learn that self-sufficiency is a lie. 

We can't cope alone, but Christ is enough for us.

Here is the flip side of the coin: 
"'There is no peace for the wicked,' says the LORD." Isa. 48:22. 

Modern culture slaps the word wicked onto only the most vile of actions and people-
- but God's definition is much broader. 

The wicked are those who willfully reject His right to forgive their sins and take Lordship over their life. 
If you are not a believer, you cannot experience true and lasting contentment.

When we are born again-
- we become children of the living God and rightful heirs to every good thing that He has to offer. John 3:3-8.

This includes the deep, inner peace and joy that can withstand any trial. 
What can man do to the one who belongs to the Lord? Heb. 13:6.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 10 Apr 2019, 11:16 am

My Manna
So let’s revisit

"They received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. Acts 17:11".

The people in Berea, as our text explains, carefully examined the Scriptures to make sure Paul’s teaching was true.

When I was a young pastor-
- I liked to think I knew a lot about Scripture. 

I had studied, and I knew many of the important teachings of the Bible. 

Today I am older and hopefully a little wiser. 
I know now how little I knew back then, and I realize how little I still know today, after years of studying and teaching. 

The Bible has so much to teach us that we keep learning as we grow in faith..

In Paul’s day, the people in Berea didn’t have the Bible as we know it. 
They had the Hebrew Scriptures that make up the Old Testament in our Bibles today. 

So, to examine Paul’s teaching about Jesus as Saviour-
- they had to do some heavy study of Isaiah and other prophecies. 

I picture them pondering and having discussions at tables with scrolls unrolled—and then exclaiming-
“Paul’s right—listen to this!”

Many years later, in 1618-19, a gathering of church leaders searched God’s Word as the Bereans had done. 
They needed to know if some teachings by other leaders were true. 

And their findings, known as the Canons of Dort, still help us today in stating the bedrock truths about salvation from sin. 
So let’s revisit those truths this month as a way of celebrating that helpful work—and especially God’s gift of salvation!

"Lord, thank you for your Word of truth. Help us seek the truth and to share your good news of salvation everywhere. Amen."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 04 Apr 2019, 2:11 pm

My Manna
"They received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. Acts 17:11".

The people in Berea, as our text explains, carefully examined the Scriptures to make sure Paul’s teaching was true.

When I was a young pastor-
- I liked to think I knew a lot about Scripture. 

I had studied, and I knew many of the important teachings of the Bible. 

Today I am older and hopefully a little wiser. 
I know now how little I knew back then, and I realize how little I still know today, after years of studying and teaching. 

The Bible has so much to teach us that we keep learning as we grow in faith.

In Paul’s day, the people in Berea didn’t have the Bible as we know it. 
They had the Hebrew Scriptures that make up the Old Testament in our Bibles today. 

So, to examine Paul’s teaching about Jesus as Saviour-
- they had to do some heavy study of Isaiah and other prophecies. 

I picture them pondering and having discussions at tables with scrolls unrolled—and then exclaiming-
“Paul’s right—listen to this!”
Many years later, in 1618-19, a gathering of church leaders searched God’s Word as the Bereans had done. 
They needed to know if some teachings by other leaders were true. 

And their findings, known as the Canons of Dort, still help us today in stating the bedrock truths about salvation from sin.

So let’s revisit those truths this month as a way of celebrating that helpful work—and especially God’s gift of salvation!

"Lord, thank you for your Word of truth. Help us seek the truth and to share your good news of salvation everywhere. Amen."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 28 Mar 2019, 10:32 pm

My Manna

"We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God." Acts 14:22.

We don't always like to read a verse like that. 

We would rather the passage read-
"Through many days of perpetual happiness we enter the kingdom of God." 

But that isn't Scripture, and that isn't life. 
Trials and tribulations will come. 

Job said it well: 
"Mortals, born of woman, are of few days and full of trouble." Job 14:1.

Jesus once told a story about two men who built two homes. 
They may have been built at the same time, close together, and even with the same floor plan. 

One of the builders, however, erected his home on shifting sand, while the other built on a stable rock foundation.

Then the storms came, hitting both of those houses—hard! 
The house that had been built on sand collapsed and fell in upon itself, while the one built on the rock stood firm. 

The obvious moral of the story is to build your life on a foundation that will last-
- like the one we find in the pages of God's Word.

But here's an application we sometimes miss: 

The storm came to both lives. 
The wind beat on both houses. 
The rain poured on both building sites. 
The man who was wise and carefully chose a stable foundation got hit with the same hurricane-force winds as the man who foolishly took shortcuts and didn't bother to plan ahead.

We all will experience storms in life. 

Good things will happen to us as well as tragic and inexplicable things. 
Every life will have its share of pain. 

Even so, we have a God who, despite the worst tragedy, can bring good out of bad. 
That is not to say that God will make bad good because bad is bad. But it is to say that good can come out of bad. 

As Romans 8:28 affirms-
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." 

Life is a process, and as finite beings who live moment to moment, we can't see around the bend. 
We can't discern God's ultimate purposes. 

But we can know that the ultimate result will be good...
- because He is good.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum: