World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 33 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Gatestone Institute
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 10:48 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Admin

» Woke Kindergarten?
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 10:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 10:12 pm by Admin

» israelAM
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 8:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Admin

» AISH
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 8:52 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 8:42 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 6:59 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 6:52 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 11:35 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:37 pm by Admin

» The Holocaust and Faith
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:26 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:52 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:35 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 7:01 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians?

Go down

FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? Empty Re: FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians?

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 1:00 pm

Well I always thought the other cheek you were to turn was located in a different spot than your face !!

Zerich
Your funny Zeeeeee
thanks for that you made me smile.
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? Empty Re: FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians?

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 1:00 pm

Thanks Gilly for what you've written, as usual its really helpful and wise.

Love MISSY

Bullying
I Have bullying
I am 13yrs old and sometimes I get bullied.
When it happens,I tell.
When it don't happen,I keep out of the way.

I felt sad when I was bullied.After that I did The following:
.Made a Bullying Poem in Magazine
.I've been made a peer mentor

Peer Mentor : Protect and look after others
I Watch over pupils at my school and make sure they are alright

I do My best.God is Able,so I will be able to do this.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 12:58 pm

A helpful link:
http://www.bullying.co.uk/

Thanks for that useful link missy....some good advice available....and thanks Elaine for sharing your experiences of standing up to bullies....and for pointing out that it is not only children who are victims of this crime.
Many of us as adults are victims of bullying in all forms of its harassment and abuse.....and as well as being physical it can also include spiritual and emotional abuse....Christians are more susceptible to bullying here as people wrongly assume that along with the title of Christian we forgive and forget anyone who abuses us.....those who have been victims will know that you CANNOT forget....but you CAN take away the pain and fear when it is remembered. Yes, if we seek help, from God and others, we will come to a point of forgiveness, but that doesn't mean we have to deny the bullying or condone it. It is our Godly duty to speak out against those who are bullying any of His children. We also are to remember that most bullies will retreat if you take a stand and refuse to allow them to continue to assert power and control. As soon as they realise you refuse to give into the fear they back away.
There are many useful national support agencies, but please do ALWAYS tell someone you trust that you are being bullied, the police and/or your teachers also, and get support. No one has to stand up to these bullies alone.
Gilly
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 12:57 pm

Well I had a few experiences myself when I was younger so bullying isn't something new.
As a Christian I would like to think WWJD (what would Jesus do)

My own children have each been in the situation and although tried to bring them up to avoid confrontations there does come a time that you have to just be there for them.Frances came home once looking quite disheveled and a few scratches on her face being quite shocked, she said don't worry Mum you should see the other girl. Fran had been bullied all through her first year at 13 yr old, she hadn't told me about this, I was quite surprised being a very gentle person herself.
She had just got so fed up that when this girl continued she just lashed out and the remainder of time spent in school they became good buddies.

Stephanie soon made friends with the hardest girl in her class so she didnt have too many problems lol

Paul had some serious problems where kids from another school would wait for him in the park on his way home and he got broken ribs.

The teachers need to be made aware and asked to keep an eye on the child. But of course if this happens out of school it is a little different. If you know the address maybe you could appeal to the parents. I did this once but got a load of abuse from the Dad saying my son should toughen up. Well the next occasion I went there I was not so merely mouthed and said I don't want to speak to you I would like to speak with your Wife please in quite a stern attitude. She was at work. I explained the situation again to him and said should it happen again I will be reporting to the police. It worked, thankfully.

WWJD
Ok we have heard turn the other cheek, but also there is the time that Jesus took the whip to them in the temple. Ok he was angry because they were using his Fathers house like a market place instead of worship. But Jesus although meek was never afraid to stand up to people, we remember when for example he called them a brood of vipers.

You can't make a child fight back or stand up to the bully we have to work through it the most responsible way possible. Encourage the child to always tell you, is very important and to assure them you will only act after consulting them and with their consent for it is them who have to suffer the consequences should it backfire. Paul wouldn't let me do anytihing about the PARK incident as he was afraid of what could happen but when they came to my door bullying him and even threatening me I called in the police after saying to Paul how much worse can it get, we have to now go to them and he agreed. Paul was 15 at this time and would not become one of the gang so got picked on. A while later we then had an arson attack so I do know what its like to be hounded.
We need to PRAY MUCH for these children.
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians? Empty FOCUSBullying How do we respond as Christians?

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 12:57 pm

Bullying - How do we respond as Christians?
This is a topic which Im sure has effected everyone in some way, whether it was persoanlly or a friend or family member suffering because of bullying. Feel free to add personal experiences (no pressure) if you wish and how you dealt with them.

I don't think its easy to deal with bullying christian or not, it makes you angry seeing a loved one suffer because of it and you may have thoughts that are unchristian, which to me is fairly normal.

Look forward to reading your thoughts on this.

MISSY.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down