World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Gatestone Institute
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyYesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyYesterday at 10:48 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Admin

» Woke Kindergarten?
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyYesterday at 10:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyYesterday at 10:12 pm by Admin

» israelAM
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyYesterday at 8:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Admin

» AISH
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyYesterday at 8:52 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyYesterday at 8:42 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyYesterday at 6:59 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyYesterday at 6:52 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 11:35 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:37 pm by Admin

» The Holocaust and Faith
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:26 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:52 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:35 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 7:01 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked

Go down

ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked Empty ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked

Post  Admin Fri 03 Nov 2017, 12:35 pm

ALERT: Jimmy Carter Issues Powerful Trump Message, Media Shocked
October 30, 2017 Mark Prvulovic
https://www.christiannewsalerts.com/jimmy-carter-trump-message/?
A former President has come out and expressed his support to Mr. Trump in a message that caught the mainstream media by surprise.

According to The Washington Times, former-President Jimmy Carter has made a number of statements that surprised the political world. “I think the media have been harder on Trump than any other president certainly that I’ve known about,” Mr. Carter said. “I think they feel free to claim that Trump is mentally deranged and everything else without hesitation.”

The former-President recently had an interview with The New York Times and spoke on a variety of political topics, including the possibility of Russian meddling in the 2016 election as well as what he thought of Hillary Clinton as a candidate. But perhaps what surprised the mainstream media complex the most was what he had to say about President Trump and how news outlets have been treating him.

“I think the media have been harder on Trump than any other president certainly that I’ve known about,” he said, adding that the media feels they have a right to undermine and question his authority constantly.

With a recent Harvard study showing that 93 percent of news coverage about President Trump is negative, Mr. Carter’s claims are more than justified. It’s a stark contrast with previous presidents, which the same study shows had much lower negative coverage percentages. Barack Obama, for instance, had 41 percent negative coverage, and George W. Bush had 57 percent.

He also defended the President against claims that his personality and diplomatic style have been souring US relations on an international level. “Well, he might be escalating it but I think that precedes Trump,” he told the Times. “The United States has been the dominant character in the whole world and now we’re not anymore. And we’re not going to be. Russia’s coming back and India and China are coming forward,” according to USA Today.

The former Democrat was far more critical of the Obama administration than of President Trump’s, saying that the former entered office on pledges of delivering “hope and change” to a country that was already divided, but instead only made it worse.

“He made some very wonderful statements, in my opinion, when he first got in office, and then he reneged on that,” said Mr. Carter about Mr. Obama’s actions in the Middle East.

He also indirectly supported the President by dismissing the Russia-Trump collusion story, which at the same time, was a swipe against the many Democrats as well as Special Counsel Mueller who had recently arrested Manafort in the hopes he will find more evidence to the effect.

“I don’t think there’s any evidence that what the Russians did changed enough votes — or any votes,” Mr. Carter said.

President Jimmy Carter believes the media has been tougher on President Trump than any other president. Do you agree?

POLL: Do You Agree With President Carter?

Yes
No
Next
In response to these comments, Mr. Trump tweeted “Just read the nice remarks by President Jimmy Carter about me and how badly I am treated by the press (Fake News). Thank you Mr. President!”

Although the mainstream outlets reported the story quickly, by the time the week was over, few news sources continued to mention how a former Democrat President stood in defense of the current Republican commander in chief. It’s precisely this reluctance that makes this story so important.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down