World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» ABOUT Farm Fresh Eggs & Chickens
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptyYesterday at 11:57 pm by Admin

»  "Bring Them Home" protests heat up,
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptyYesterday at 11:50 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptyYesterday at 11:12 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptyYesterday at 10:58 pm by Admin

» IsraelAM
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptyYesterday at 10:50 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptyYesterday at 10:39 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptyYesterday at 10:02 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptyYesterday at 9:49 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptyYesterday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Admin

» Whose Land know the truth
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptyYesterday at 6:57 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptyYesterday at 6:47 pm by Admin

» OBAMA AGAIN
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptyYesterday at 6:45 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptyYesterday at 1:21 am by Admin

» The Risks of (AI) Artificial Intelligence
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptyYesterday at 12:37 am by Admin

» A Lenten Prayer to Bring Beauty from Ashes - Easter Devotional - March 17
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 9:50 pm by Admin

» CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC
Daily Disciples - Page 17 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 5:54 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 17 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 17 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Sun 10 May 2020, 4:15 pm

Daily Disciples - May 10
May 10

Today's Reading: 2 Kings 10; John 1:29-51

Today's Thoughts: Just Believe

Jesus answered and said to him, "Because I said to you, 'I saw you under the fig tree,' do you believe? You will see greater things than these." John 1:50

What does it take for you to believe? For some, we want the small things like a peaceful day. For others, we want our bodies healed. And for others, we want God to appear to us and give us direction on what to do next. All of these requests fall on the lines of appeasing our flesh. Our flesh doesn’t want to struggle or guess; we want clarity, peace and a life that is pain free. But that is why many do not believe.

At times, God does perform these kinds of miracles, but God doesn’t need to prove He is God as much as we need to prove we believe He is God. Despite how we feel, what we see or how we think, “Without faith, it is impossible to please God” (Hebrews 11:6). Faith goes beyond the senses to a deep understanding and knowing that He is God in the midst of a hassled day and in the hurts from life’s circumstances. Faith is believing without seeing.

The Lord asks us today, “Do you believe?” If the answer is yes, He will spiritually open your eyes to see in faith what He has for you. He might not show you through a burning bush or through an earthquake, but it is that still small voice that will testify within your spirit His will and ways for you. Sometimes He says, “Wait.” Other times He will say, “Go.” But every time, the Lord Jesus Christ will say, “Just believe.” He knows what is best. Trust Him today with that issue you want to see God work through so badly. Give it to Him. Lay it down at His feet. Just believe and you will see greater things than these.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.

Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 27 Apr 2020, 4:25 pm

Daily Disciples - April 27
Apr 27
COMMENTS
April 27

Today's Reading: 11 Kings 1; Luke 19:28-48

Today's Thoughts: Back to Egypt?  

Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, And rely on horses, Who trust in chariots because they are many, And in horsemen because they are very strong, But who do not look to the Holy One of Israel, Nor seek the Lord! Isaiah 31:1

A reference to going back to Egypt is made often in the Old Testament. The Israelites spent over 400 years in Egypt. Much of their time in Egypt consisted of hard labor and enslavement. They cried out to God and He answered their cries. The book of Exodus describes their departure from this life of bondage as Moses led the way. But, as soon as they encountered trials on their journey, the people were quick to want to go back to Egypt and return to their old way of life. Why would anyone want to go back to a life that was filled with bondage and suffering? Because they at least knew what to expect and sometimes, that is more comforting than having to face the uncertain future.

Isaiah 31 says, “Woe to those who go down to Egypt” and who are looking for help in places outside of the Lord. The same is true for us today. As Christians, we have God’s Holy Spirit who is our Helper and our Comforter. Trials and hard times are inevitable in our lives because we live in a fallen world that brings sorrows and pains. Though we will be tempted at times to give up and to go back to our familiar territories, we must press on towards the upward call of Christ Jesus. Do not put your trust in the strength of men or money or worldly power, but put your trust in the Lord. Turn your eyes to Jesus and He will lead the way.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 26 Apr 2020, 9:22 pm

Daily Disciples - April 26
Apr 26

Today's Reading: 2 Samuel 23; Luke 19:1-27

Today's Thoughts: Careful in Counsel

They continually say to those who despise Me, 'The Lord has said, "You shall have peace" '; And to everyone who walks according to the dictates of his own heart, they say, 'No evil shall come upon you.' "For who has stood in the counsel of the Lord, And has perceived and heard His word? Who has marked His word and heard it? Jeremiah 23:17-18

Jeremiah was a prophet called by the Lord to give His message to the people. Unfortunately, the message from God was not good news. The Lord told the people of their impending destruction and captivity. His words were severe and too hard for them to accept. In contrast to Jeremiah's prophecies, others proclaiming to be prophets told the people not to fear, that they would have peace. These false prophets used the Lord's name to declare their worthless predictions, and the people chose to believe the false prophets instead of Jeremiah. But these so-called prophets had no relationship or counsel with the Lord God Almighty. They would be held accountable before the Lord for their actions as they blatantly deceived the people.

This message applies to us today as well, especially when we speak on behalf of the Lord. We must be sure that our counsel or encouragement to others has been prayerfully taken before the Lord. We must stand in the counsel of the Lord and hear from Him before we offer counsel or advice to anyone else. This message is not only critical to those of us in ministry roles, but also true for any Christian who truly desires to help others. We must realize our responsibility before the Lord. When someone is hurting while going through difficult trials, our human response is to comfort and encourage them. But we also must be in prayer for them and ask the Lord to give us His wisdom in how to help. If we are not standing before the Lord, then our words may give false hopes or assurances that are not of the Lord. They could end up placing their hope on our words instead of God's Word.

Regardless of how little or often you counsel others, make sure you heed the words of these verses and take everything to the Lord first. Whether in ministry or other roles, our hearts as Christians will desire to help others, but we must always recognize our inadequacies. Only God knows what He is doing with people and we must walk with Him daily to know how He wants to use us to help them. If we are not careful, just as in Jeremiah's day, we can do far greater harm by offering hope and assurances that are not of the Lord. Take everything to Him in prayer and ask Him to give you Scriptures for any counsel you may give. Always stand on the Word of God. And when in doubt, pray for the self-control to listen instead of speaking.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 25 Apr 2020, 9:33 pm

April 25

Today's Reading: 2 Samuel 21; Luke 18:24-43

Today's Thoughts: Emotions

For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Galatians 6:8-9

To bear fruit in horrific circumstances takes the ability to separate ourselves from those circumstances. We have to learn to pull ourselves out of the situation to see it from God's perspective, instead of our own. It takes discipline and self-control to live for the Lord despite the situations and events in our lives. Many times, I have had to say, "Ok, God is powerful and has the ability to change these circumstances if needed. God is wise and has the ability to give me the wisdom to deal with these circumstances if needed. God is loving and knows what I need better than I do." When I can apply these three attributes of God: powerful, wise and loving, to my circumstances, I am able to trust God in all situations and events and thus, able to bear fruit in spite of them.

The same thing is true for our emotions. The way we feel can hinder us from doing the will of God and bearing fruit. Our emotions can clearly impact our actions. Here are some examples:

·         If we do not feel like cleaning the house, we will not do it even if it needs to be done.

·         If we do not feel like being nice today, we will not be nice even though the consequences will linger beyond the day.

·         If we are led by our emotions, we will do or not do what we feel like doing. But in order to bear fruit and stay in the will of God, we need to be able to separate ourselves from our feelings and do what God has called us to do in spite of our selves.

To pull ourselves out from the circumstances, we can remind ourselves of the attributes of God. To pull ourselves out from our emotions, we need to be in the Word of God. We have to claim verses as promises to keep us focused on doing things that please Him, even if it does not please our emotions at the time. It is in praying for self-control to maintain a steadfast life that brings Him glory. Every day and every decision counts. Choices we make today matter forever. Keep sowing those seeds of righteousness and in time, you will reap a healthy harvest.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 24 Apr 2020, 11:37 am

Elaine, go through a personal revival!

Isaiah 44:3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

I love to study past revivals and in studying them, there are two recurring themes that stand out:

First, that He has often used obscure and unknown individuals to lead revivals, and that even these men whom He used so powerfully never considered themselves to be "special", but often wanted to stay out of the limelight.

And secondly, I haven't read a story about a revivalist who did not first go through a personal revival himself! Revivals were not sparked until these men went through a season of personal desperation and yearning for the fire of God – and only after this season were they used of the Lord to change their generation.

How does this speak to us, obscure, unknown individuals? It shows us that a true and deep hunger for God can grow into a significant and powerful calling on our lives -- a specific mission which God Himself will empower! It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor, old or young, educated or uneducated -- each of us has a potential destiny to accomplish great things for the Kingdom of God! But in order to go on and do those awesome works in His name, we need to be in a state of revival!

Elaine, let us pursue after our own personal revival! We're alive for such a time as this -- to be spirit-filled vessels of revival to this lost and dying world! Press in, press on, and go forth in His Power...because there is so much work to be done!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Baltimore, Maryland

Editor's Note: Worthy Ministries is happy to announce that after years of labor and prayer to this end, Worthy News and Worthy Devotions are now available for churches and ministries, FREE of charge and FREE of advertising through our new syndication network! If you are interested, please visit Worthy Plugins.

Editor's Note: Be sure to submit any prayer requests you may have to the Worthy Prayer Team!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 23 Apr 2020, 8:40 pm

Daily Disciples - April 23
Apr 23
COMMENTS

April 23

Today's Reading: 2 Samuel 16; Luke 17:20-37

Today's Thoughts: Nothing Can Separate Us From His Love

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

How do you respond to sudden changes in circumstances that did not result to your advantage? Examples such as when your car suddenly breaks down, your vacation leave does not get approved, your kids get sick the day you had something planned or you lose your cell phone. I have found that there are two main reactions we can have:

God, I am so sorry. I will seek You now. What do You want from me?

God, what did I do wrong? I thought You loved me.

Both cover each end of the spectrum. If we don’t walk with the Lord daily, we blame the incident on ourselves and feel guilty. If we do walk with the Lord, we feel abandoned by Him and question His character.

Jesus told us that the rain falls on the just and the unjust alike, meaning that a change in circumstances can happen to all of us. However, the problem comes when we choose to lose our perspective of who God is in the process. God wants us to love Him and enjoy His fellowship. He never stops loving us. We can face any change in circumstance better if we include the Lord in the problem, instead of blaming Him for the problem. Next time something suddenly changes pray, “Lord, help me to stick with You through this and please cause this to work together for good.” Nothing can separate us from His love so we shouldn’t separate ourselves from Him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 Mar 2020, 9:26 pm

March 27

Today’s Verses: Judges 1; Luke 4:1-30

Today’s Thoughts: Verses vs. Voices

"The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down from here. For it is written:" 'He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'" Jesus answered, "It says: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'" Luke 4:9-12

Many times my mind taunts me with thoughts like “If you are really God’s child, then why doesn’t He do this for you?” or “If God has really given you this spiritual gift for the body of Christ, why aren’t you any good at it?” Over and over, I hear thoughts that make me feel guilty or condemned and insecure in my Christian walk. I know the Word of God and yet, my mind doesn’t seem strong enough to just stay focused on the verses to overcome the voices. In essence, Satan attempts to discredit us just like he tried with Jesus. Satan said to Jesus, “If you are the Son of God”… prove it!  These are the same kind of words we as believers hear in our heads too. We question if we are really saved, we question God’s ability to use us and we question that the promises given to us in His Word are really for us today. In other words, we find ourselves testing the Lord’s ability to save us, protect us, use us and speak to us; thus, saying to Him, “Prove it.”  But Jesus didn’t do that.

Jesus confidently used the Word of God to attack Satan’s use of the Scriptures directly. It is amazing that the Living Word of God (Jesus) quotes the Written Word of God (the Bible) to attack the words of the enemy.

Lately, I have been struggling with a trial that I have failed in the past. The circumstances and people have changed but the trial is the same. I felt myself heading down the same path as in the past. Crying out to the Lord, I said to Him, “OK, Lord, I’ve been here before and have lived through the consequences of failing this test. I know that You have been faithful regardless of my faithlessness. I know that You love me and You have every right to test my heart and try my motives to see which way I will go. Lord, I choose You. I choose to not test You or question You in this. I know that Your promises will come to pass and You don’t have to prove anything to me.” With that prayer, I knew that the temptation to fail had been lifted. Jesus is our example as He was tempted in the same types of trials (with different circumstances and people) but overcame them all.  We, too, can overcome the taunting voices of the enemy to live a life pleasing to God by staying on His side and by fighting His way using His words.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Mar 2020, 1:22 pm

March 25

Today's Reading: Joshua 19; Luke 2:25-52

Today's Thoughts: Not of Works, But of Faith

What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. James 2:14-17

Martin Luther struggled with the book of James because he felt that the book discredited grace. After he, himself, tried to work so hard to prove his own faith, Luther came to the conclusion that salvation is by grace alone. He also realized that even our works are an act of God's grace. Verses like those above stumbled him because earlier in his life he tried to earn his salvation and to prove his faith through works, instead of grace. It is not works that save or justify or affirm your faith; it is a result of your faith that you desire to work for the things of God. When Luther ended up exhausted, burned out and lacking peace in his works, then he let faith be his guide to do what God called him to do. The Reformation is a result of his faith, not of his work. The Reformation resulted as a work of God through the faith of Martin Luther.  

As the Bible says, God causes all things to work together for good. Today, there are countless churches and denominations reaching the world through the means and convictions that God has placed on each one's heart. God works through movements in His churches, but His works are still accomplished through individuals.   That work is a result of the outpouring of love we have for the Lord. His burden is easy and His yoke is light. Titus 3:5 says "not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us," meaning that we do works of righteousness but those deeds are a result of God's mercy, saving us and then working in us through faith. Today, allow the Lord to develop and strengthen your faith. Rest in His saving mercy and He will accomplish His work through your faith.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 24 Mar 2020, 10:47 pm

March 24

Today's Reading: Joshua 16; Luke 2:1-24

Today's Thoughts: The Promised Land

But there remained among the children of Israel seven tribes which had not yet received their inheritance. Then Joshua said to the children of Israel: "How long will you neglect to go and possess the land which the Lord God of your fathers has given you? Joshua 18:2-3

Joshua led the children of Israel into the Promised Land. He led them in battles against the existing nations in the land God promised them. The Lord continued to bless the Israelites in victories as they continued to take more territory, just as He had promised. In the beginning, their faith was strong. But as years passed, there was still the need to drive out the other inhabitants from their own allotted territories. Seven tribes hesitated to go forth and take their inheritance. The gift lay before them, so why the delay? Why did Joshua have to force them to go forward and take their gift?

Maybe they were afraid of being on their own for the first time. Maybe they were afraid of the unknown. Maybe they just did not know what to do with their own land. What about us? How many times do we neglect to receive the gift that God is giving us? We pray and pray for something and then one day, God answers our prayer. But the answer involves stepping out in some way, maybe having to do it alone. We can see the answer clearly before us, but we hesitate to go forth. Maybe we are afraid, just as the Israelites were. Maybe we are more comfortable just praying for something instead of actually receiving it. Are we always ready for the change that can come when we pray for things?

I pray that I don't miss out on what God has for me. I pray for more faith when those fears creep into my thi

nking. I pray for wisdom to know how to pray for those things that will involve changes in my life. Think about these verses today and how they apply to your life. Is there something you are neglecting to possess? God has a life of promise lands for each one of us. Don't let fear or hesitation keep you out of them.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 23 Mar 2020, 2:03 pm

March 23

Today's Reading: Joshua 13; Luke 1:57-80

Today's Thoughts: Physical Infirmity

You know that because of physical infirmity I preached the gospel to you at the first. And my trial which was in my flesh you did not despise or reject, but you received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus. - Galatians 4:13-14

The Galatians were just one of the churches that Paul started on his missionary journeys. They were Gentiles who converted to Christianity, all because of Paul’s passion to preach and teach them the gospel of Jesus Christ. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, Paul was able to preach the gospel despite his own physical infirmities. Speculation as to Paul’s true afflictions (i.e. his thorn in the flesh) have been debated and discussed by many theologians, but Paul does not give specifics or details that draw attention to his weaknesses. He, instead, uses them as a means to give glory to God. In our weakness, God is strong.

How often do we allow our physical ailments to bring glory to God? It seems that the most concerning issues receive the most attention and prayer, and we are more than ready to seek the Lord’s guidance in those cases. Life-threatening diseases are often wonderful opportunities to bear witness of God’s awesome power, regardless of the path. But what about the day-to-day annoying ailments? A headache can make many of us cranky all day. A cold gives us just cause to be cranky for a longer period of time. What happens to our witness in those times? Do we give the daily annoyances to the Lord in prayer or do we let them rule our flesh? Paul knew how to give everything over to the Lord and he did not let those things stop him; he used them to further his mission for Jesus Christ.

Remember today that God is in everything that happens in your life. No matter what ails you, God is with you. He will use your afflictions to bring Him glory and to bless you and others. Sometimes God does the greatest work through our weaknesses and pain, but that only happens when we take our eyes off ourselves and put them on Jesus. Try putting your focus on the Lord instead of your pain, and let His Holy Spirit be your strength in weakness.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 23 Mar 2020, 12:25 am

March 22

Today's Reading: Joshua 10; Luke 1:39-56

Today's Thoughts: Missing the Lord

You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11

Have you found yourself all alone at times? Your home may be filled with people and your schedule jammed packed with events but you feel all alone. Why is that? I have come to find myself in that place frequently. I really believe that the loneliness is a result of understanding the companionship with the Lord. Only Jesus can fill our cups, only Jesus can be our source of fellowship, and only Jesus can love us in the way that brings rest and peace to our souls. After knowing what it is to have true fellowship with the Lord, nothing (and no one) can take His place. When I find myself alone in a crowded room, I realize that I’m missing Jesus. He has not left me, for He promises to never leave me nor forsake me. Instead, the emptiness is a result of not finding time to be alone with Him.

Frequently in the Bible, Jesus spent time alone with His Father. He knew that He needed that uninterrupted time alone in prayer and fellowship. If Jesus needed time alone with God, how much more do we? The Lord promises that in His presence is fullness of joy. Having experienced that joy, we long for quality time alone with Him. Once we have tasted of the Lord, we know that nothing else tastes as sweet.

Ask the Lord to help you find time every day to be alone with Him. He hears our prayers and He desires to have fellowship with us. Jesus has made a way for us to come to Him freely. He will make a way for us to walk with Him daily if we are truly seeking Him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 21 Mar 2020, 9:47 pm

March 21

Today's Reading: Joshua 7; Luke 1:21-38

Today's Thoughts: Success in God’s Rest

"I will feed My flock, and I will make them lie down," says the Lord GOD. Ezekiel 34:15

Often times, there is nothing I would rather do after eating a good meal than to lie down. But, instead, I think of all of the things that need to get done. I keep myself going using food as the energy source to fuel my activities. I used to believe that this busy lifestyle was just a part of the American way and that to be successful, one must stay productive. After dedicating my time to God's Word instead of to keeping up with our society's ideas, I began to realize that God has a different definition of success. The Lord says that He will feed us and He will make us lie down. He wants us to rest!

Does God want us to stop working and stop being productive in our lives? No. A healthy balance of work and recreation are essential to our overall well-being, but when the work or activity takes control of our lives, we have a problem. Our society is filled with sick people at many levels. We are sick from stress, from bad diets, and from all kinds of unhealthy habits. Where does our Lord fit in to our lives? Where are His provisions in these things? Maybe we have ignored His warnings telling us to slow down and to come spend time with Him. How long can we keep going at a pace that excludes His Word and His rest?

Our God knows us well. He created us. He knows that He has to make us lie down or we will just keep going. Just know that our Lord will do whatever it takes to get us to stop and pay attention to Him. A life that goes along with the world's activities will face serious troubles until the Lord brings you back to Him. God knows what is best for you. Trust Him to feed you and give you rest. Today is the day to seek the Lord, repent and turn back to Him. Maybe you need to eat a good meal at His table, then lie down and spend that time just talking to God. Give Him your stress and your troubles and let Him be your God. He will give you rest. He will make you whole. And then you will find the true success He has for you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 21 Mar 2020, 12:36 am

March 20

Today's Reading: Joshua 4; Luke 1:1-20

Today's Thoughts: Wild Grapes

What more could have been done to My vineyard that I have not done in it? Why then, when I expected it to bring forth good grapes, did it bring forth wild grapes? Isaiah 5:4

God used this story about a vineyard to describe the condition of His people. God was saying that He did everything possible to expect the best from His people. He provided them with the best land, complete protection, and the choicest weather conditions; but they chose to live according to their own wants and desires instead of His.

This same thing happens with the people of God today. He has provided for us the best pastors and teachers to be heard through the internet, televisions, radios, and mass book replication. He has given us freedom of speech and the mandate to learn to read. The Lord has over-educated us spiritually, but for some reason, very few are truly seeking God and meeting His expectations. We go to church on Sunday to make ourselves feel better, but are we going to really know and serve God better? Our intentions are important to God who knows the thoughts and intents of our hearts.

I say this because I see more wild grapes in the church today instead of an abundance of good ones. We have sporadic fruit production instead of mass amounts. God has done everything for us but only a few are really sharing in the harvest. The others are willing to encourage and applaud those few. But it’s not about applauding but about sowing and reaping. We use our hands to applaud as well as to sow and reap; however, the angels are given the job to applaud. We are told to be the laborers in the harvest. We need to become fruit inspectors of our own vineyard. If the grapes are good, praise God! If the grapes are wild, ask the Lord of the harvest to send you out as a laborer. He is more than willing to answer that prayer and He expects great grapes in abundance from you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Mar 2020, 10:51 pm

March 19

Today's Reading: Joshua 1; Mark 16

Today's Thoughts: Just Step Out in Faith

And as soon as we heard these things, our hearts melted; neither did there remain any more courage in anyone because of you, for the Lord your God, He is God in heaven above and on earth beneath. - Joshua 2:11

Joshua sent two men to the enemy city of Jericho to spy out the land. Of all of the places they could end up staying, they lodged in the home of a harlot named Rahab. Once the king of Jericho heard of their whereabouts, he sent his men to go and find them, and the first place they went to was Rahab’s home. Instead of turning them in, she hid them and protected them from being caught. In return for her loyalty and faith in Israel’s God, she and her family were spared when the city walls of Jericho came down.

It is interesting to note that up until this time, neither she nor the inhabitants of Jericho had actually seen any of the Israelites. But they had heard of them. They heard of their conquests in the desert and how the Lord had parted the Red Sea. At this point, the Red Sea parting had occurred some forty years earlier. The fear of the Lord caused this response from Rahab; she knew which side she needed to be on. God had prepared the way by moving on Rahab’s heart even before these two men entered Jericho. The Israelites were about to take over the Promised Land, not because of their strength, but because of the Lord’s promise and power.

The same is true for us today. As Christians, we are blessed to live in God’s promises. The Bible is filled with His promises for us. Sometimes, the new land is hard to see and even harder to walk through, but if we just step out in faith, we will see how God has taken care of every step we need to take. As the Lord leads you in His purposes for your life, you will see how He has prepared even those around you. As God would continue to tell Joshua, “Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9) Take this message with you today and go forth in all that the Lord is leading you to do. The Jordan River will part for you when the Lord sends you in. 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 10 Mar 2020, 7:56 pm

March 10

Today's Reading: Deuteronomy 10; Mark 12:1-27

Today's Thoughts: Can We Know His Thoughts?
Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing His plan to His servants the prophets. Amos 3:7

Truly we, as believers, can know His plans before they happen. Many times, we hear others say, “I knew that was going to happen.” But how easy it is to say that after the fact! God is saying that we can know before.

I learned early in my walk with the Lord to be quiet before Him. I would read a Scripture passage until I felt God was speaking to me. I would determine that the Lord was speaking because the verse would seem special in some way, applicable in some way or I considered the verse to be a new thought. I would just stop and ponder and pray it back to God, asking Him to make His message clear to me for the day. In the quietness, the Lord would speak to my heart. It would start as an impression at first. I would pray about it and ask God questions about the impression until His wisdom became “louder or firmer” than my thoughts, questions and distractions. Next, I would step out in faith and test the message. If it is the Lord, He would confirm it through bringing it to pass or giving me similar messages through His Word or others.

Today, I pray this verse to the Lord, knowing that He will reveal His plan to me because I long to be His servant and want to live in His will. God is faithful and if you ask, He will answer. If you learn to be still, He will speak. If you listen, He will reveal His plan. After years of relating to the Lord like this, you will then know that you know His will before the fact, for He promises that He does nothing without revealing His plan to His servants the prophets. So the first step is to find out if you are His servant.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 09 Mar 2020, 1:03 pm

March 9

Today's Reading: Deuteronomy 7; Mark 11:19-33

Today's Thoughts: Because of Who He is

The Lord did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any other people, for you were the least of all peoples; but because the Lord loves you, and because He would keep the oath which He swore to your fathers, the Lord has brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you from the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt. Deuteronomy 7:7-8  

Moses reminds the children of Israel that it was not because of anything they had done to be chosen as His people. God had made a covenant with Abraham and promised him that his descendants would be more numerous than the stars. God showed Abraham the land in which they would dwell. God also told Abraham that his descendents would have dark years of bondage. It would be several hundred years later before the Israelites would actually enter the Promised Land. But by the end of this appointed time, they consisted of twelve tribes and millions of people. God knew the end from the beginning. He knew how vast a nation they would be. He set His love on them because He is love, not because of who they were or what they did.

By God’s great mercy and grace, He chooses us today. He loves us beyond our understanding. He has plans for us beyond our imaginations, not because of whowe are but because of WhoHe is. When we begin to appreciate God’s character, then we can begin to rest in Him. We cannot earn rewards by impressing God with our works. We can never be good enough or do enough good deeds. In reality, it is not about us at all. It is all about God. Everything God does, He does because He is God. God is love. God is righteous. God is faithful. God is perfect in every way. God is all-knowing, all-powerful and ever-present. God cannot be anything but who He is. Therefore, God will nevernot love us. God will neverlet us down. God can never go against His own character.

The Bible clearly teaches us God’s character. When we spend time in His Word, we learn more and more about Who He is. We learn of His activities throughout history and how He dealt with the people. We are given amazing insight into His plans and purposes through His prophets. We learn of His never changing love and faithfulness in ways that pierce our hearts. And most of all, we learn of how He transacted His covenant of love to us  by sending His Son to die on a cross so we could inherit the land He has for us. As the song goes, “Not because of who I am, but because of what You’ve done, not because of what I’ve done, but because of Who You are.” We need to get to know who the Lord is and who He wants to be in your life today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 08 Mar 2020, 10:35 pm

March 8

Today's Reading: Deuteronomy 4; Mark 11:1-18

Today's Thoughts: Stop to Hear His Voice

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

Which way? This way or that way? Today, there are so many paths we can follow. We have the advice of our family, friends, the media and then there is our own instinct. But how do we know the right way? How do we discern which way is really best for us?

The other day, I counseled a woman who was convinced that she was doing God’s will by serving the church. She gave of herself, her finances, and her time. She experienced the Lord’s help as He gave her great ideas and even multiplied her time to keep going. But, soon, she came to me full of bitterness, disillusioned by the people and the staff. She felt confused and angry. She asked questions like, “How could this be God’s way? How could they so disregard her following the Lord? And where was He in their actions?”

We ask the same questions, “Which way Lord? What is Your will, Lord?” and then we follow the direction He gives. But sometimes, we find ourselves angry and resentful. How come? What happens? Frequently, God answers our prayer and uses us and guides us. However, once He has shown us what He wants, frequently we stop asking for further wisdom and counsel and just go on our own way in the name of the Lord. This verse talks about God speaking from behind us. And why would God need to speak from behind us unless we have run ahead of Him? So often, He leads us to a certain place, position, or calling, then we run ahead. When we run ahead, we lose His way and make it our way. That is what happened to my friend who was seeking counsel. She knew that the Lord had one job for her to do. When that job was completed and very blessed, she determined in her heart to do more. More wasn’t asked of her by the church or by the Lord. And it is because of the “more” that she grew angry. God now called to her from behind to lead her forward in a new direction or way to walk.

God is faithful. He will lead you and answer you when you call out to Him. Just remember to keep asking continually as you proceed. Always follow His leading. If you begin to experience anger, bitterness and judgmental thoughts, you have probably run ahead of God. Stop until you can hear His voice from behind you.  He will lead you back into His way and help you to walk in it.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 07 Mar 2020, 11:10 pm

March 7

Today’s Readings: Deuteronomy 1; Mark 10:32-52

Today’s Thoughts: A Blind Man’s Prayer Request
And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" Mark 10:47

In Mark 10:46-53, Jesus left the city with a large crowd following close behind. Most likely this crowd was creating a great deal of noise and excitement. A blind man begging for help would be sensitive to hear the activities as the people scuffled by.  It is amazing that a blind beggar would know about “Jesus of Nazareth” and somehow would know that Jesus could help him. The blind man cried out, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” While Jesus walked on earth, He answered that kind of prayer frequently. It must have been music in our Savior’s ears, because that is why Jesus came, to grant mercy to blind beggars like you and me. Jesus stopped, called to him and asked, “What do you want me to do for you?” This man could have asked for money or help with some other desperate need, but instead he asked specifically for his sight. Jesus said that his faith healed him as the beggar immediately received his sight.

There are many situations and circumstances in our lives where we are blind to the will of God. But how many of us cry out to God for mercy?  How many of us really bring our specific need to the Savior to ask for His touch? Too many times, we are faithless to ask for what we really want. Too many times, we hear that Jesus is near but are apprehensive to call out to Him. This blind beggar received what he asked for. This blind beggar knew that Jesus could touch him and change him. He did not hold back but yelled into a crowd full of people. Jesus says in Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”We need to take Jesus at His word. We need to understand that God desires to grant mercy and He wants us (the spiritually blind) to see. Are you in need of His mercy today? Tell Jesus what You want Him to do for you…tell Him that you need Him today. Just think, it is not necessary to yell or push through a crowd – He is just a prayer away.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 06 Mar 2020, 12:58 pm

March 6

Today's Reading: Numbers 35; Mark 10:1-31

Today's Thoughts: Child-Like Faith
 “Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.” Mark 10:15

My sister and I had a good laugh the other day as we shared a conversation she had with her granddaughter. There was a minor problem with her car engine so my sister reached in the glove compartment for the owner’s manual. As she was looking through the pages, her granddaughter said, “Mamaw, why are you looking in that book?” To which my sister replied, “Because I want to fix this problem with my car.” At that point, little 4 year-old Emma ran into the house and came out with her own book. “Here, Mamaw, this book will tell you how to fix your car.” My sister looked at the book and said, “It is your Bible, Emma.” “Yes, Mamaw, everything you need to know is in this book, even how to fix your car.” What great faith!

I wonder how much more God would fix in our lives if we truly lived out what the Bible teaches us. Little Emma is right when she says that her book has all of the answers. God’s Word has the answer for every question we have and for every step we need to take. The only thing we need to do is to have the faith to believe it and obey.

Pray for that child-like faith today and ask the Lord to plant His Word on your heart and mind. “Study this Book of the Law continually. Meditate on it day and night so you may be sure to obey all that is written in it. Only then will you succeed.” (Joshua 1:8)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 05 Mar 2020, 8:28 pm

March 5

Today's Reading: Numbers 32; Mark 9:30-50

Today's Thoughts: You Can Be Sure

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. - 2 Peter 1:19-21

My son went through a season of time when he would ask me the same question.  "Mom, how do we know that what we believe about God is true?"  I encourage those questions because I am glad that my son is honest with me and can openly question these things. I pray that the answer I give him always comes from the Lord. I am so thankful that I worship a God who can handle any controversy, doubt or question. In 1 Peter 3:15, the Lord tells us to "always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear." So, if we are not asking those questions ourselves, we may not always be ready to have an answer for someone else.

How do we know that our belief in Jesus is true? Some people base their faith on a feeling. Others would say that it is based on all the years of tradition that have withstood the test of time. And some would say, "Because it works for me." But the reason why we know that Christianity is true is because of the sure word of prophecy spoken of in 2 Peter 1:19-21.

Prophecy (or the prediction of future events) proves that God holds time and events in His hand. Fulfilled prophecy clearly shows us that God knows the end from the beginning. The Old Testament prophets predicted the coming of Jesus Christ. When Jesus came to earth, He fulfilled 333 prophecies, which is why one of God's rules in the Law of Moses was to stone someone who was a false prophet. God does not make mistakes. He would not speak through someone and give false words for the future. God is completely in control and nothing surprises Him. If God said it, we can believe it. When we understand that we can trust Him with our future, then we will know that we can and do trust and believe.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 04 Mar 2020, 4:12 pm

March 4

Today's Reading: Numbers 29; Mark 9:1-29

Today's Thoughts: Dealing with Our Sin

For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do... For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Romans 7:15, 18-19

I read an article about a family's fight against pornography. The husband (and father) had become addicted to pornographic websites, which led him into an assortment of related sinful activities. After repeated confrontations and family interventions, he chose to continue this path of destruction. The end result was a family torn apart amidst tremendous pain and confusion. One of the saddest facts of this story is that he was active in his church, served as a deacon, and had a great reputation in the community. Is this story an anomaly, a rare case that happens infrequently in the Christian church? Or is it more common but hidden?  This article quoted statistics suggesting that almost half of all Christian homes are affected by pornography.  Unfortunately, the Internet provides easy and secret access to these types of websites.

This story is tough to reconcile, especially when we think about how many families are impacted by this sin. It is also tough to realize that we, as Christians, are dealing with all types of sins.  Pornography is only one example. Regardless of who we are, we struggle with sin and its consequences. Even the apostle Paul said that he knew that "nothing good" dwelt within him. He struggled with his flesh, just like we do. But unlike the man in the story, Paul dealt with his sins differently. He confessed them and he repented to God. Paul knew that his only hope was in Jesus. He knew that by the blood of Christ his sins past, present and future—had been washed away. Because he kept his struggles against his flesh before the Lord, he was able to walk in the light of Jesus. It is when we hide our sins, try to justify them, make excuses for them, or completely deny them that we are mastered by them. 

Regardless of what you struggle with today in your flesh, please do not hide it from God. He already knows everything about you, even your deepest thoughts and desires. All He asks is that you come to Him and confess. Tell the Lord your thoughts and feelings, how you honestly feel, and then ask forgiveness. You may have to do this several times a day. But it is through this process of continually crying out to God, consistently bringing these hidden things to the Light, that healing comes. Do not give up. Jesus did not come for the righteous; He came for sinners. Jesus does not ask us to heal or fix ourselves. He does not ask us to do anything but come to Him. He will do the rest.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 03 Mar 2020, 9:59 pm

Today's Reading: Numbers 26; Mark 8

Today's Thoughts: Let the Lord Decide
”Why should the name of our father be removed from among his family because he had no son? Give us a possession among our father's brothers." So Moses brought their case before the Lord. And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: "The daughters of Zelophehad speak what is right; you shall surely give them a possession of inheritance among their father's brothers, and cause the inheritance of their father to pass to them. - Numbers 27:4-7

In front of one of our public schools, there is a banner that says, “We celebrate fairness.” My son commented on it the other day and said, “But life isn’t fair." There is a time in each of our lives that we realize that the ways of the world are not always right, good and fair. And each of us does have to come to terms with the ways of the world. However, because we are believers, we do not have to accept the things at hand but we can go to God for everything that troubles us, especially when life does not seem fair.

These daughters in Numbers 27 realized that it would be unfair to not receive an inheritance from their father just because they are girls. The possessions went to the men in those days and not women. No one considered it a dilemma because when the girls got married, they received land under their husbands. But these ladies didn’t want to settle for their husband’s land. God had given land to families and their father’s land would now go to another family. This was not fair.   They wanted their father to receive from the Lord as everyone else. God agreed.

When we face issues in our lives that do not seem fair, we need to go to God. Even though the world is not fair, Jesus has overcome the world. We should not just accept the ways of the world or the laws of the land when they vary from God’s Word or His Promises. These girls knew the laws of God and asked for specific interventions on their behalf. Often, laws are written for the majority but our God also listens to the minority. Come to Him if you are struggling and let the Lord decide what is “fair” for you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 02 Mar 2020, 7:51 pm

March 2

Today's Reading: Numbers 23; Mark 7:14-37

Today's Thoughts: The Fast I Have Chosen

"Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, To undo the heavy burdens, To let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke? Isaiah 58:6 

I remember the first time I ever fasted. I spent most of the time looking at the clock and thinking about my stomach. But I have kept the practice of fasting regularly, despite the discomforts in my body. Throughout the years, I have committed to several different types of fasts and for different, yet specific, reasons. I have experienced mountain-top highs and dark-valley lows during times of fasting. I have learned that fasting in its essence is a time of cleansing and purifying, which means I spend a lot of the time confessing and repenting of my sins. When all is said and done; however, fasting has been one of the most powerful tools in my walk with Christ.

The main thing I had to understand very early in my experiences with fasting was that if I tried to do it on my own, then failure seemed to be the result. I have proclaimed fasts for reasons that were not from God. I have determined the type and the length of a fast, then seen it completely fall apart in my weakness. Now when I fast, I try to make certain that it is the fast God has chosen, otherwise, I end up feeling worse.

Today’s verse gives us an example of the type of fast God chooses for us. Fasting is an excellent weapon against the enemy’s strongholds and bondage in our lives. God appoints certain times of fasting for us to find freedom from wicked bonds and heavy yokes that burden us down. The question for us: are we willing to make the sacrifice for spiritual freedom? It is not easy, but it is so worth it. Are you struggling with an area of bondage? Do you feel burdened and cannot seem to overcome? Pray for clear direction as you ask the Lord to lead you in to a specific fast for your situation. He may impress upon you to fast from certain foods or television shows or daily activities. I believe God honors any attempt we make at fasting, whether it is a food fast or something else. I also believe that He needs to be involved from the very beginning; otherwise, we may ditch it earlier than planned. Pray about fasting and see what God shows you. This may be just the break you have been waiting for.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 27 Feb 2020, 12:38 pm

February 27

Today's Reading: Numbers 15; Mark 6:1-29

Today's Thoughts: God Anoints and Appoints

Now Korah…, with Dathan and Abiram the sons of Eliab, and On…, took men and they rose up before Moses with some of the children of Israel, two hundred and fifty leaders of the congregation, representatives of the congregation, men of renown. They gathered together against Moses and Aaron, and said to them, "You take too much upon yourselves, for all the congregation is holy, every one of them, and the Lord is among them. Why then do you exalt yourselves above the assembly of the Lord?" Numbers 16:1-3 …  Now it came to pass, as he [Moses] finished speaking all these words, that the ground split apart under them, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up, with their households and all the men with Korah, with all their goods. - Numbers 16:31-32

Isn’t it amazing what envy can do? Korah was extremely jealous of Moses and Aaron. Even though Korah complained and judged Moses and Aaron, he was really criticizing God. God was the One who anointed and appointed Moses and Aaron. God was the one to also defend them. Korah’s jealousy planted seeds of dissension among brothers, causing an entire community to suffer consequences because of the rebellion.

We need to remember today that it is God who anoints and appoints certain people to accomplish certain tasks. Some of us are anointed with gifts that stand out while others receive gifts that are more private (like intercessory prayer). But the Spirit distributes different gifts for different callings to all types of people. For a variety of reasons, we become critical and jealous, leading to an attitude of arrogance and rebellion. Those bad seeds sow destructive fruit. People who eat that rotten fruit get sick and spread those destructive germs to many others.

I remember when the Lord first put on my heart the desire to teach. I would think thoughts like, “I would have taught that passage differently” and “I wonder why he/she didn’t teach this part of the passage.” I had a choice to sin with those thoughts or not. Those thoughts could have become critical, but I had to take those thoughts captive or my mind could have led my mouth to sin against them. God was just giving me a new desire and a new gift, stirring my heart to see and hear things differently. I didn’t know that at the time. My heart could have become like Korah’s during that transition. We need to be careful. God knows what He is doing. Be sure that you are found blameless before Him when it comes to your opinions about Christian leaders. God has placed them in those positions. If you are becoming critical or disrespectful in any way, you might miss out on a new and very special anointing. The test of time will tell…

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 26 Feb 2020, 7:10 pm

February 26

Today's Reading: Numbers 12; Mark 5:21-43

Today's Thoughts: For the Lord

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. - Colossians 3:23

We are alive to bless the Lord, not for the Lord to bless us. Although God desires to bless us, our desire needs to be that we just want to please the Lord. That means that everything we do should be done to please the Lord and not man. We can do dishes for the Lord, we can wipe noses for the Lord, and we are to help others for the Lord. It is not about being appreciated and complimented by others but by Him. A good test to check your motives is to examine what you do when no one is looking. Do you realize that God is watching? The Lord is with you all the time. When we become aware of His continual presence, we change. And this change is good because as we align our hearts to please Him, we receive His peace.

God has given us internal monitors that let us know if what we are doing is right or wrong before Him. When we make choices that please Him, we have peace. If we are making wrong choices, the Lord convicts us. We become uncomfortable with a lack of peace. We realize quickly that we are not pleasing God when gossiping or speaking negatively. When this happens to me, I sense the quenching of the Holy Spirit and I want to get out of that conversation as fast as I can. Praise God for His conviction. I don’t want to do anything that quenches the Spirit because I have learned that whatever quenches His Spirit hurts Him because it is bad for me.

Let’s live to bless the Lord. Ask Him to convict your heart today when you are doing anything that isn’t right before Him. Some day we will each give an account of our actions before Him. If we become aware of His presence now, we will live a life that brings Him glory, which in turn blesses us.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next